PDA

View Full Version : Happy 2007!

Jeff
31st December 2006, 11:19 PM
It's just a little past midnight on the US East Coast, New York has dropped the ball and my time zone has passed into 2007.

So how has everyone spent new year's this year?

Me and my family for the past few years, including this one, have hosted a small party for some of our family and friends. I think the highlight of the night was the chocolate fountain, which we found out can be quite messy, but I did also discover that I like chocolate covered apples. We also played some games including some on the Wii. We even got my grandfather to try bowling on Wii Sports, and he played two full games (and didn't do that bad either).

And as a side note, this also happens to mark my 1,000th post!

kainashi
31st December 2006, 11:43 PM
:hellyeah:

edit: i didn't do anything!

mr_pikachu
1st January 2007, 12:12 AM
Well, I was left in the middle of nowhere (i.e. my parents' house). My grandparents came over, and we watched a little football before eating dinner and playing cards. Then they left at about 11 P.M. because they were tired. My dad was nowhere to be found most of the time because he was sick, and my mom's getting ill as well. Yay.

Incidentally, it's about 12 minutes past midnight here.

Phoenixsong
1st January 2007, 12:25 AM
Woot! New Year's! A time to make new resolutions as an attempt to live a better life... like actually remembering to keep on top of any reffings. And actually getting some writing done, for my own sanity's sake. And not drinking so much egg nog. Even though the Nog is God.

I spent the evening at my godmother's house; for the first half of the party I was with the *other* adults talking about real estate and reality TV, which, creepily enough, was interesting (I must be getting old, heh). Not to worry, though; the second half of the night I was playing my new Dragonology board game with my cousin and my brother, and even though that game requires no skill whatsoever it was still tons of fun and I totally pwned them both. Well, okay, I got a lucky roll of seven mere seconds before my mom was about to scream at me to pack up and get ready to go. But I still won and they lost, and that's what matters, right?

Ah, New Year's... time for a new start.

...And, more importantly, 29 days until I turn 18! Yay, me!

midnightangel
1st January 2007, 10:00 AM
First off...I didn't do a blasted thing I wanted to do...I wanted to go out to my favorite hangout and celebrate New Years in style.
Instead, I ended up watching TV, then dozing off around 10:00pm....and didn't wake up until 2:30am. Too late for bars, too late for any decent parties, and too late to pick up something to drink.
Almost twelve hours into 2007 and my life freakin' sucks already :P

I don't think I'll be making any resolutions either...knowing the way I am, I'll break them anyway

Silver Ledian
1st January 2007, 10:43 AM
Happy New Year :)

I bought a ticket for one of the clubs here where I live but I ended up not going because I just couldn't be bothered after working yesterday. Instead I stayed in the house with my family and although it wasn't planned, I ended up playing games with my younger brothers and cousin. I know...I'm a bit kid, ah well. It hasn't been too bad so far - 2007 that is. I get the usual cheek from my brother but no point moaning about it. Hope 2007 will be better than 2006!

PS: Congrats on the 1000, considerin the activity levels here that's pretty good after joining only in 2004.

Vejodi
1st January 2007, 10:53 AM
Here's hoping 2007 will be better than 2006 too. I celebrated New Years Eve by going to a friends place, having a few drinks, listening to music, playing poker, drinking games etc etc until about 10pm, where we all walked/stumbled to the town's big party, where a KISS cover band was playing.

Shit went blury from there. Happy New Years guys, hope it's a good one for all of you.

firepokemon
2nd January 2007, 04:53 AM
New years eve was very good here. I got drunk, but happy drunk and did not cry, which is always good. I dont know why but I cry a lot when I get drunk. New Years Day I tried to get drunk, but just couldn't. I tried and tried but didnt. And then I was speeding in my car and got pulled up exceeding the speed limit by 17 kms. So now I have to pay 120 dollars. But thats ok.

And today my sister came round, shes pregnant although she drinks still and her partner just wouldnt shut the fuck up. Oh well had a few but not drunk or anything. LOL

Andrew
2nd January 2007, 07:35 AM
I worked new years eve at the hospital, made hats and ate chocolate. After that, I finished at 10, Matt and I went to the GAYEST PARTY EVER which was crapola and then went to the Beat where I made out with some people and then I was suitably drunk and went home.

firepokemon
2nd January 2007, 07:40 AM
You made out with people? how many 2/3/4 or more?

You andrew are a slut

Andrew
2nd January 2007, 07:51 AM
I am a pash slut, that's for sure.

It was only 3 on NYE....

woz
2nd January 2007, 10:46 PM
firepokemon needs to lay off the drink. as for me i went to sleep at 11pm, was woken by the fireworks at midnight, then i went back to sleep at around 1am.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
3rd January 2007, 07:53 AM
Happy New Year to all of you!

I spend the evening with several friends this year. All in all a pretty old crowd, too old to get mindlessly drunk so we just took a nip at our glasses now and then. Most of the evening we spent playing on a friend's Wii, Wii Sports to be precise. Bowling and Tennis were the games that received most attention and eventhough we only had two controllers we had loads of fun playing little tournaments.

Afterwards it was time to hook up the PS2 and put in the old (and new) Singstar games. As usual I sang till my voice became hoarse but this year I was smart enough to bring some coughing medicine with me. After the quite boring New Year's celebration at midnight we played some more on the Wii before calling it an early morning at around 3 a.m.

We had a good time really, a nice day with friends, it's not like we all get together that often during the year. And I didn't have a sore throat in the morning this year, yay for medicine.

RedStarWarrior
3rd January 2007, 08:16 AM
World of Warcraft and Naruto fansubs. Yes, I want to die.

Starry Might
4th January 2007, 02:14 PM
First of all, happy (quite belated) new year! :D

As for what I did for it...I slept. :lol:

Actually, I woke up around 10-something PM and realized I had a sore throat (:(). I sucked some zinc and (on my Mom's advice) took some Nyquil and (I think) echinacia (sp?).

I'm much better now, though I still have a bit of a cold. :)

Magmar
4th January 2007, 03:26 PM
I got plastered.

No more chocolate, though! And I'm falling in love this year.

Zak
11th January 2007, 02:27 PM
...Best new years ever...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th January 2007, 04:50 AM
I got plastered.

No more chocolate, though! And I'm falling in love this year.

I ate too much chocolate last year. I'm only lucky that I didn't get it for Christmas present.

I just watched TV all the evening. Some movies and music videos in MTV. Mostly pathetic in my opinion. I didn't even watch the fireworks like most Finns do. Oh, and I played my third favourite game, Final Fantasy VII!

I wish this year will be better. It sure is going to be, I try to stay at TPM this time and my new Memory stick is also a good start. But I don't think this will be better than the best year of my life, 2003. There I had easy times at school and many boring subjects ended. I went TPM almost every day. I also had plenty of love and sadness that year, so it was an emotional one.

Many Finns do promise that they won't drink alcohol in January but I didn't promise anything. Yes, I don't drink.

Magmar
19th January 2007, 06:25 PM
Resolution update!

I have not eaten a bite of chocolate, and I've dropped 7-8 pounds! I'm at 155 again, which is wonderful. I'd like to be at 140 in the end. The only pastry I had was a small slice of cake on my mother's birthday.

I've also been running every day, 2-3 miles! :)

No soda yet this year either.

God damn being healthy is great! :) Now I just gotta cut back on the carbs............. oh look, macaroni