PDA

View Full Version : Blademaster vs Toxicity (Ref: Phoenixsong)

Blademaster
1st January 2007, 11:37 PM
Hiya, Laura! ^^ You accepted my offer for a battle, so let's get it started!

The rules are:

-1 Pokemon apiece
-They say ladies first - since we know each others' Pokemon, I'll let you pick who attacks first.
-The DQ time for both my opponent and the ref is the standard 1 week.
-The only moves that are banned are those that my opponent requests.
-The arena is someplace simple for once:

The Berry Forest

Situated on Three Island of the Sevii Islands, the Berry Forest is a thick mass of berry-producing trees inhabited by strong wild Pokemon. The battle will begin in a small clearing but can be taken anywhere else in the forest. The trees produce juicy Berries that restore a small amount of HP when eaten, but eating too many Berries may provoke an attack by the Hypno dwelling in the trees around the forest.

And now that that's sorted out, let's go Shogun!

(hurls Pokeball; male Nincada bursts out)

"Niiiiin..."

Toxicity
3rd January 2007, 11:36 AM
Well, I say you attack first, and there won't be too many banned moves, aside from the standard - OHKO's, Destiny Bond, Perish Song (like that and DB are any worries), direct status inducers, and non-damaging healing moves.

With that said, I send out Ric Flair ("Raddish"), my male Ra--I mean, Oddish.

*releases Ric*

"Diiiish!"

Phoenixsong
3rd January 2007, 03:05 PM
To celebrate my reinstatement as a ref, I'll be happy to ref this for you two. Go ahead with your attacks, Blade.

Blademaster
4th January 2007, 07:36 AM
All right! Thank you, Phoenix. ^^

Now, Shogun, let's start off easy. Use a Sand Attack to blind Riccy, and then move in for a Metal Claw. Finish up with Shadow Ball.

Move: Sand Attack, Metal Claw, Shadow Ball

Toxicity
5th January 2007, 12:57 PM
Alright, Ric. I want you combat Shogun with a simple Acid since you won't be able to see. Afterwards, use a Swords Dance to sharpen your leaves, and attack with a Razor Leaf!

Acid :: Swords Dance :: Razor Leaf

Blademaster
5th January 2007, 01:41 PM
Well, I say you attack first, and there won't be too many banned moves, aside from the standard - OHKO's, Destiny Bond, Perish Song (like that and DB are any worries), direct status inducers, and non-damaging healing moves.

Heh... Might wanna change that, Laura. :rolleyes:

Toxicity
5th January 2007, 03:17 PM
Ah, right...how could I forget my own rules?

Phoenixsong
5th January 2007, 11:44 PM
Blademaster vs. Toxicity, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa290.png
Shogun (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Blademaster’s Commands:
Sand Attack ~ Metal Claw ~ Shadow Ball

Team Toxicity

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa043.png
Ric Flair (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Toxicity’s Commands:
Acid ~ Swords Dance ~ Razor Leaf

Arena

Berry Forest

Situated on Three Island of the Sevii Islands, the Berry Forest is a thick mass of berry-producing trees inhabited by strong wild Pokemon. The battle will begin in a small clearing but can be taken anywhere else in the forest. The trees produce juicy Berries that restore a small amount of HP when eaten, but eating too many Berries may provoke an attack by the Hypno dwelling in the trees around the forest.

Round One: Begin!

The Berry Forest of Three Island is a quiet, peaceful place. Lush greenery runs rampant across this half of the island, and many wild Pokémon make their home in the bushes and trees. Generally, the Pokémon—and the humans who venture into the woods from time to time—are content to leave each other alone as they pick a few succulent berries from the many berry trees that have given the forest its name. Not today, however. Today, a dispute over who has the right to pick the last juicy Sitrus Berry results in two Pokémon Trainers, Blademaster and Toxicity, coming to blows. Blademaster throws a Pokéball into the air, releasing an energetic male Nincada with the warlike name Shogun; Toxicity, on the other hand, opts for a male Oddish called Ric Flair. The two small Pokémon face each other from opposite sides of a clearing and await their orders.

Shogun starts by digging his claws into the damp earth of the forest and flinging it at Ric’s face; it’s not very sandy at all, but the Sand-Attack is still very effective, sufficiently blinding the Oddish. Ric coughs and staggers a bit as he shakes his head (body?) in an attempt to clear the grit from his face. Unfortunately, he is unable to dislodge much at all, and he has no choice but to launch his spray of Acid in the general direction of where he last knew the Nincada to be. The thin purple liquid spewed from Ric’s mouth falls a bit short of its target, although a small amount of the stinging acid splashes up and hits Shogun’s side.

Shaking the dirt from his claws with a hint of regret—Nincadas love the feel of cool, damp soil—Shogun skitters forward as fast as he can. Ric, meanwhile, begins to perform an odd, hop-skip little dance on the spot, chanting in a very ancient Pokémon language. The little plant is so focused on seeking the help and strength of his ancestors that he fails to notice Shogun’s claws glinting with a metallic shine that was not there before. Slash! the Nincada brings his claws down as swiftly as a falling guillotine, scoring Ric’s face with a hearty Metal Claw. The Oddish staggers backward with a yelp but can’t help feeling somewhat satisfied; his prayer to the ancient Pokémon succeeded, and they have boosted his strength and adrenaline in thanks for his Swords Dance.

Ric Flair watches (through gritty eyes) with curiosity as Shogun does a strange thing. The Nincada begins to wiggle his antennae furiously, as if trying to sniff out something he cannot see. To Ric’s surprise, black forms seem to be moving swiftly across the forest floor and heading towards Shogun; it takes him a moment to realize that the Bug is drawing all of the shadows in the area to him! The shadows rise up from the earth and begin swirling around in a ball that bounces and grows between Shogun’s feelers… and then, with an angry chitter, the Nincada rears up onto his hind legs and launches the Shadow Ball straight at his foe! The amalgam of shadows, so very immaterial and ethereal in appearance, slams into Ric with considerable—and painful—force. As the ball dissipates and the collected shadows drift back to their original positions, Ric picks himself up and starts to shake wildly. Shogun gets the impression that his opponent is angry, or perhaps even crying; before he has a chance to laugh, however, a flurry of sharp-edged leaves fly forward and slice into Shogun’s exoskeleton. Shogun cringes in pain, stung by the onslaught of bladelike foliage until Ric stops shaking and the Razor Leaf dies down.

The first exchange of attacks ends with both Shogun and Ric Flair feeling a little sore. Ric in particular is fairly unhappy, as his eyes are filled with soil; he is, however, feeling otherwise invigorated thanks to his Swords Dance. Blademaster and Toxicity sit back and think for a moment, planning out their next moves.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Health: 93%
Energy: 87%

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 88%
Energy: 90%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage), Accuracy -1; annoyed, but still okay to fight

Arena Status
Nothing significant has occurred to change the battlefield’s makeup, unless you want to consider one torn-up bit of dirt from Sand-Attack and a few scattered Razor Leaves important or something.

Ref’s Notes
-Shogun received a tiny bit of residual damage (-1%) because a drop of the Acid splashed on him even though the attack itself missed.

-Toxicity attacks first next round.

Toxicity
8th January 2007, 06:09 PM
Alright, Ric. You're doing fine. Let's heat things up with some poison and petals, though, to show you're a dangerous bugger, too; first, start off with an Acid, and follow with a use of Sweet Scent to lead Shogun astray. Finally, with that, let off with a powerful Razor Leaf!

Acid :: Sweet Scent :: Razor Leaf

Blademaster
9th January 2007, 12:23 AM
Shogun! Nice work, little buddy, but don't laugh at your opponent - it's dishonorable.

Now, we're gonna try a little combo attack: Dig underground to dodge the Acid, and then pop up and, when he uses Sweet Scent, use a Gust to send it back at him and disorient him instead of you. Then, strike back at that little Oddish with a power attack of your own: use Silver Wind!

Move: Dig, Gust, Silver Wind

Phoenixsong
11th January 2007, 06:32 PM
Blademaster vs. Toxicity, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Health: 93%
Energy: 87%
Blademaster’s Commands:
Dig ~ Gust ~ Silver Wind

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Energy: 90%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage), Accuracy -1; annoyed, but still okay to fight
Toxicity’s Commands:
Acid ~ Sweet Scent ~ Razor Leaf

Arena

Berry Forest

Round Two: Begin!

The Battle of Berry Forest is now in full swing, with our two trainers—Blademaster and Toxicity—are pitting their Nincada and their Oddish against one another in pitched combat. New orders are issued and the two opponents launch themselves into action, startling the wild Pokémon in the surrounding berry bushes.

Ric has been told to start off with another gout of Acid; however, there is a problem. His eyes are still full of grit from his foe’s Sand-Attack, and the spray of stinging purple goo that issues from the Oddish’s mouth lands short of its target yet again. This is not, however, entirely due to Ric’s reduced accuracy—the fact that Shogun has tunneled beneath the earth with Dig in order to avoid the poisonous sludge contributed quite a bit.

Ric’s reduced vision is definitely a problem, but he has come up with a way to partially solve that problem; bringing about the solution itself doesn’t even require perfect eyesight. The Oddish begins shaking his leaves as hard and fast as he can, releasing a pinkish pollen with an intoxicating aroma into the air, hoping that the Sweet Scent will entice Shogun and distract him, preventing him from evading even Ric’s misguided attacks. Shogun, however, has other plans. Even though the sweet-smelling odor has wafted down into the Nincada’s tunnel and is drawing the curious insect up towards the surface, the pollen does not prevent Shogun from carrying out his orders. Again he twitches his feelers and flutters his tiny little wings; surprisingly, this is enough to generate a fairly forceful Gust of wind that scatters the pollen particles far and wide, rendering them ineffectual and stinging the plant somewhat in the process. The wind does, however, manage to clear out much of the dirt from Ric’s eyes.

Another flurry of sharp-edged leaves is next in line for Ric Flair, and he lets his second Razor Leaf fly; the attack is now aimed directly at Shogun thanks to the Gust that cleared Ric’s vision, and so the leaves cut into Shogun’s carapace at full force. Shogun reels a bit from the slashes and slices of the flying foliage but quickly recovers and retaliates. Ric has learned by now that bad things happen when Shogun twitches his antennae and flutters his wings, and he braces himself for the coming assault. This turns out to be a wise choice. Another blast of wind races forth and pummels Ric’s body, pushing the Oddish back several feet. Shogun is tempted to laugh again as Ric sprawls at the base of a tree, but regains his composure and stops himself. Laughing is not the way of an honorable warrior. Still, the Silver Wind was accomplished with satisfying results.

Ric and Shogun withdraw to their corners as they wait for Blade and Toxicity to issue their next commands. Ric is in a bit more pain than Shogun is, but Shogun is feeling a bit more strain than his opponent. Both Pokémon still have plenty of spunk left for their battle, however, and they eagerly await their new orders.

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Energy: 72%

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 80%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage); slightly frustrated

Arena Status
A small tunnel sits near the center of the clearing; a bit of churned-up dirt and some fallen Razor Leaves are scattered about.

Ref’s Notes
-The effects of Sweet Scent were negated by Shogun’s Gust; the wind also cleared Ric’s eyes enough to help him regain his sight.

-Blademaster attacks first next round.

Blademaster
11th January 2007, 07:23 PM
Alright, Shogun, good work!

Since your energy looks a bit lower than we'd like, start the next round off with a simple Cut attack, followed up by Aerial Ace. End the round with another Metal Claw.

Move: Cut, Aerial Ace, Metal Claw

Blademaster
15th January 2007, 08:57 AM
Bump.

Phoenixsong
19th January 2007, 05:57 AM
Late DQ warning for Toxicity: you had up until yesterday to post your attacks and should have been DQ'ed by now, but I myself failed to notice and as such will give you until tomorrow (Saturday) before I am forced to disqualify you. (I'll get to reffing your match with GL tonight, hopefully; don't worry, I haven't forgotten, I've just been busy.)

Toxicity
19th January 2007, 03:20 PM
Really? I must've completely missed the posting of the second round. Apologies.

Okay, Ric, I want you to catch Shogun off guard with another attempt at using Sweet Scent, followed up with a Flash. With him blinded, slice with a Cut of your own.

Sweet Scent :: Flash :: Cut

Phoenixsong
23rd January 2007, 08:04 PM
My apologies for the delay, you two; school has been hell these days, and my crappy attention span hasn't helped much. I should be able to ref more frequently over the next few weeks, however.

Blademaster vs. Toxicity, Round Three

Pre-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Blademaster’s Commands:
Cut ~ Aerial Ace ~ Metal Claw

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 80%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage); slightly frustrated
Toxicity’s Commands:
Sweet Scent ~ Flash ~ Cut

Arena

Berry Forest

Round Three: Begin!

The Battle of Berry Forest is now in full swing, with our two trainers—Blademaster and Toxicity—pitting their Nincada and their Oddish against one another in pitched combat. New orders are issued and the two opponents launch themselves into action, startling the wild Pokémon in the surrounding berry bushes.

Shogun has been ordered to play fairly conservatively this time around, and so he begins by skittering towards Ric Flair and swiping at him with Cut. A small wound opens up across Ric’s face, but the Oddish is not deterred from his task despite his pain. Ric shakes his leaves yet again, and this time the full brunt of the Oddish’s Sweet Scent hits him in the face. The intoxicating aroma works its magic on the cicada, successfully distracting him.

The Nincada does his best to ignore the wonderful aroma of the pink pollen as he rushes forward again, as fast as he possibly can. With another yelp the Oddish staggers back, reeling from the Aerial Ace. Shogun’s distracted condition and his close proximity to Ric are the perfect chance for the plant to cripple his foe further. Ric’s eyes begin to glow, dully at first, but with increasing intensity, until it is impossible for the entranced Shogun to look at the Flash of brilliance without damaging his already light-sensitive eyes. The Nincada backs up hastily, clawing at his blinded eyes.

The blinded and confused Shogun blinks furiously in an attempt to clear his stinging eyes, staggering and swaying miserably. He has to fight through annoying spots of light and color to do it, but he finally manages to get a rough idea of Ric Flair’s location and runs forward a third time. The insect’s claws rake Ric’s face once more, shining a silvery color and as hard as steel. The Metal Claw doesn’t bother Ric so much, however, because for the third time he has his opponent at point-blank range. Ric’s leaves swing downward and Cut into Shogun’s body, only serving to increase his pain and discomfort.

Ric is beginning to feel the hurt by now; Shogun’s repeated slashes to the face sting like crazy, to say the least. The Oddish does, however, have the satisfaction of knowing that his foe is in extreme agony right now. The Nincada’s extra-sensitive eyes are watering and it is incredibly difficult to see; he is also still very distracted by the lingering aroma of Sweet Scent. The two trainers will have to take this into consideration as they plan their next attacks.

Round Three: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Health: 79%
Energy: 61%
Status: Evasion -1, Accuracy -1 (four more actions); in extreme discomfort

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 56%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage); in rather a lot of pain, thank you very much

Arena Status

Sweet Scent: Two battle rounds remaining

A small tunnel sits near the center of the clearing; a bit of churned-up dirt and some fallen Razor Leaves are scattered about. The entire battlefield smells absolutely sweet and wonderful.

Ref’s Notes
-Flash’s effects only last for a set amount of turns, unlike Sand-Attack, as Shogun’s eyes will naturally restore themselves to normal after a while. The grit from Sand-Attack has to be manually removed. Flash’s effects last for five actions; four actions remain until Shogun’s vision is restored.

-Sweet Scent will remain in effect for two more rounds (not actions) until it settles.

-Toxicity attacks first next round.

Toxicity
24th January 2007, 09:39 PM
Ric, I know you need to restore a bit of health; that's what I think we'll do. First, start with a Giga Drain, and keep using so until you're knocked off. Once you are, use a Cut to continue dealing damage.

Giga Drain x3 (sub: Cut as soon as knocked off of Shogun)

Blademaster
25th January 2007, 12:39 PM
(raises eyebrow)

Well, now...

OK, Shogun, wait for Ric to latch on to you, and then use Gust to blast that radish off! Then, slam him with Double-Edge.

Move: Gust, Double-Edge, Double-Edge
Sub: ------, Gust, Gust

Blademaster
4th February 2007, 07:47 PM
Test, test...

Just checking, Phoenix. ^^;

Phoenixsong
5th February 2007, 06:50 PM
Hey, hey! Just because I don't have school for three weeks doesn't mean I'm not busy. :)

Blademaster vs. Toxicity, Round Four

Pre-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Health: 79%
Energy: 61%
Status: Evasion -1, Accuracy -1 (four more actions); in extreme discomfort
Blademaster’s Commands:
Gust ~ Double-Edge OR Gust ~ Double-Edge OR Gust

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 56%
Status: Attack +2 (+4% physical damage); in rather a lot of pain, thank you very much
Toxicity’s Commands:
Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain OR Cut ~ Giga Drain OR Cut

Arena

Berry Forest

Round Four: Begin!

As Round Four begins, both Ric Flair the Oddish and Shogun the Nincada are beginning to tire just a little bit; both are still up for the Battle of Berry Forest, however. Toxicity and Blademaster have issued a rather interesting set of commands this time around, and their outcome should be just as interesting…

Ready to alleviate some of the gnarly pain he is feeling, Ric Flair leaps at his opponent with his little mouth agape. Shogun cannot see his foe coming until it is too late; Ric latches on to Shogun’s back and begins siphoning health away from his foe with Giga Drain. The sensation of having his life force sucked out is most unpleasant to Shogun, and he tries to dislodge his foe with a Gust of wind. Ric has managed to locate himself behind Shogun’s tiny wings, however, and the blast of air simply shoots off toward the trees.

Shogun cannot see (his eyes are still stinging mercilessly), his mind is buzzing with adoration for the wonderful scent wafting around the forest and now he has a plant leeching the life out of him. Needless to say, the cicada is not very happy at the moment. Ric just keeps on keepin’ on, slurping happily away at Shogun’s health and beginning to feel much better. The angry Nincada flutters his wings as hard as he can in another attempt to remove the parasitic little plant, but again the Gust simply fires off into the distance. The rapid beating of Shogun’s tiny wings does, however, manage to snap repeatedly in Ric’s face; they do not strike hard enough to cause damage, but they do manage to cause Ric to lose his grip and slide off of Shogun’s back.

He may not have hung onto his opponent for as long as he would have liked, but Ric is certainly feeling somewhat better. The Oddish capitalizes on this new vigor by hurrying back over to Shogun and Cutting into his exoskeleton yet again with his super-sharp leaves. Shogun attempts to retaliate by flinging himself at his foe; surely he cannot miss at such close range. This theory proves incorrect, however. The Nincada’s stinging, sightless eyes mislead him and he barrels forward into nothing, his Double-Edge a complete failure.

The positions have been completely reversed by the end of Round Four; while both the Oddish and the Nincada are hurt and tired, Ric Flair is feeling much better than Shogun in terms of both health and energy. Shogun is also still upset about his impaired vision, but at least the temporary blindness is beginning to fade. Perhaps the restoration of the little insect’s sight is a sign of better things to come for him and his trainer.

Round Four: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Blademaster

Shogun (M)
Health: 58%
Energy: 49%
Evasion -1, Accuracy -1 (one more action); eyes slowly starting to feel better, but upset about his failures this round

Team Toxicity

Ric Flair (M)
Health: 62%
Energy: 55%
Attack +2 (+4% physical damage); feeling as giddy as a schoolgirl despite the lingering pain

Arena Status

Sweet Scent: One battle round remaining

A small tunnel sits near the center of the clearing; a bit of churned-up dirt and some fallen Razor Leaves are scattered about. The entire battlefield smells sweet and absolutely wonderful.

Ref’s Notes
-Shogun’s two Gusts missed completely because Ric was not in a position where the attack could reach him. Double-Edge missed due to Shogun’s reduced accuracy.

-Sweet Scent will remain in effect for one more round (not action) until it settles.

-Blademaster attacks first next round.

Phoenixsong
9th February 2007, 04:58 PM
We'm's about harf-way ter the DQ mark... oh, Blade...

Blademaster
9th February 2007, 05:44 PM
Wha...? Oh, yeah. Sorry...

Sand-Attack, Shadow Ball, Silver Wind.

Phoenixsong
13th February 2007, 07:15 AM
DQ warning for Toxicity. How ironic it would be if I had to DQ you right after disqualifying GL from your other battle.

Phoenixsong
14th February 2007, 07:42 AM
*sigh* Both GL and Toxicity appear to have gone AWOL with no posts in the Absence Tower. They're both probably busy, but since I can't know that for a fact I'm now going to have to disqualify Toxicity from this battle. Unfortunately, the damage did not progress enough for me to award any points. Sorry, Blade. Ah, well, I believe this still counts as experience for Shogun, right?

Blademaster
14th February 2007, 01:15 PM
Yes, it does...

(picks Shogun up and brushes him off)

Well done, little buddy. I'm proud of you. ^^ Now, let's go and get you evolved into that Ninjask, shall we?

"Nin...? ;_; Niiiiiiin-CADA!!!! ^o^"

(smiles; recalls him)

Laura, Phoenix, thank you both so much. I wn't forget this.

(runs off to Approval Tower)