PDA

View Full Version : Got a new phone plus a couple of questions

Dark-San
5th January 2007, 07:03 AM
Christmas was boring. It was practically raining the day before and much ruin both my mood and the plan. Including the fact that the presents got were peanuts. As such, I thought I might pamper myself a little and with the little money that I earn from my recent part time job, I got myself a Nokia N70.

A little introduction for those who know nothings about this phone. N70 is one of those older 3G models released by Nokia. It runs on both Java and Symbian plaform, making it some sort of mini computer squeeze into your mobile. Initially I was thinking of getting the newer N73 or perhaps even N80 with the WIFI function but the budget was rather tight.

I tried playing around with the phone a little and found out from a couple of friends that it seem that you can do other stuffs with this phone, other than the usual MP3 playing, 3G conversation and camera. I was told that you can install some freeware apparently found from the net that allows me to play Gameboy roms and watch anime videos.

As such, here are my three questions on the freewares and the phone.

1) I found out that there are two emulators that allows me to run those roms. They are basically Vboy V1.3 and Super Goboy. I was wondering which one of them is a better choice.

2) Watching anime via my mobile had always been what I like to spent my time especially travelling between my university and home. However I could not seem to be able to watch the videos via the Realplayer that is already in the mobile itself. Do I have to install the codec inside the mobile or do I have to have another media player installer to watch them instead?

3) The background theme of the phone is too plain. Is there any way to change the background theme?

It would be great if anyone can assist me in this. Thanks in advance.