PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who 2007 (Spoilers!)

Andrew
10th January 2007, 06:34 PM
So, what did people think of the Christmas Special? Good? Bad?

I liked Catherine Tate, she was pretty damn funny, and her awful family was good as well. Felt a bit sorry for her at the double cross.

Giant Spider Bitch was a bit too fucking annoying and her death, too long! I liked the idea of the giant Web Ship being fucking blown to bits by earth. After the Sycorax, Autons, Cybermen and the Sliveen it was nice to see London's all like "Fuck off!"

Bwha. The Tardis Car-chase was great too. Pilotfish, nice to see they tied into last Xmas too.

Overall, good, good. Just not particularly great, missing Rose and her warmth.

New Season - Martha Jones... I really don't like her... I'm trying to like her, but she's a bit of a replacement, I hope she forces her way on the Tardis and the Doc doesn't automatically offer her a trip. I think having a few episodes with Captain Jack before Martha would've been better. And seeing the extrapolator again, Nice!

Earth on the Moon - Mehish...
Shakespeare... can we top the Gelth or Werewolf?
Daleks in New York?
Rhino people?

AntiAsh Superstar
18th January 2007, 07:17 PM
Blimey, it's been a while since I last posted here... :O

Anyways, it was an... alright episode. The sooner they stop the Doctor from getting constantly misty-eyed about Rose, though, the better. I can only assume he's getting far too human in his old age.

They've been doing a good job of bringing back a classic bad guy each series and I do hope sooner or later they see fit to let The Master return. Looking at the trailer, though, the armour those rhino-men were wearing seemed awfully familiar and I'm guessing this season's treat for Doctor Who geeks might be a new variant on Sontarans. :O

And as for the 'can we top the werewolf' bit, I'd say they can do that very easily, that episode was the very personification of all the little things that wind me up about the past few series. ;(