PDA

View Full Version : [Game] Axis Mundi (Round 7)

Plantae
16th January 2007, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the long-awaited Axis Mundi Round 7. The rules can still be found here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm). Enjoy the game.

General Rules
1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly. This means any and all private messages, not just ones from the host.
5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

Alive
Dark-San
Magmar

Dead
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Oracle
Green Lanturn - Guardian Angel
Heald - High Elder
Hyperness Is A Good Thing - Elder
Kevvaelli - Elder
mr_pikachu - Shaman
Waves_of_Darkness - Vigilante
Weasel Overlord - Shifter (Parrot)
Zcade0 - Traitor

Roles Alive
Shifter x2

=

Dawn
"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

END

The current date/time is: Shifter Victory!

mr_pikachu
16th January 2007, 04:05 PM
I'll take the easy route and vote Neutral.

Glad to see this is finally posted, by the way. ^_^

Weasel Overlord
16th January 2007, 04:29 PM
Yuppers, neutral definitely seems like the best way to go right now, as per usual. ^_^ YAY! AXI MUNDI! ^_____^

Dark-San
16th January 2007, 08:07 PM
Neutral. Unless someone here is dumb enough to give off their foxy scent...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
17th January 2007, 12:02 AM
Neutral

Maybe, for a change, I'll die early this time.

Heald
17th January 2007, 09:35 AM
Neutral.

Plantae
17th January 2007, 05:23 PM
How unexpected.

Dead

Begin that which is Dusk 1.

Magmar
17th January 2007, 10:16 PM
*Stammers in* Just got back from two weeks across the country ... without Internet! AHH!!!!

I'm neutral, if that's a good enough excuse to be late!! :)

Plantae
18th January 2007, 01:59 PM
This Dusk has brought ill will to the humans.

Dead
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - Oracle

Perhaps Dawn 2 will be a bit sunnier.

mr_pikachu
18th January 2007, 03:02 PM
Ugh, that's a rough start...

I guess it's time to start voting for the inactive players. Like Kevvaelli.

Magmar
18th January 2007, 05:00 PM
Emo-sai!! T________________T;;;;; I haven't talked to her in ages...

Oh well enough nostalgia I guess, I'll pitch a vote for Mr. Pikachu because I've voted Zcade0 the first time far too many times...

Weasel Overlord
18th January 2007, 05:21 PM
Well, if someone was killed during the night, then it stands to reason that the shifters are active, or at least semi-active. I'm voting for Mr_Pikachu.

Heald
18th January 2007, 05:53 PM
I agree with Weasel's logic. And Weasel appears to be active, which leads me to deduce that Weasel Overlord is, in fact, a Shifter.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th January 2007, 01:20 AM
HEE HEE HEE
I died!
^_^
Though I pulled a jimmy on my first night, though.
I'll see how to go about exacting 'revenge'... but for now...
MICCHAAAAAAAAAAN
*goes off to read more Slam Dunk*

Dark-San
19th January 2007, 08:31 AM
I pinched in a vote on the inactive ones then. Kevvaelli, it is then. No use trying to make out an enemy, if it isn't determined at this stage.

Magmar
19th January 2007, 01:51 PM
How many inactive members do we have?? This game might be rather problematic if they're all indeed inactive... it's pointless to continue if we don't have at least five active players.

Weasel Overlord
19th January 2007, 08:45 PM
Well, Maggymar and Mr.P have a point there! Let's lynch the inactive ones! *changes vote*

Kevaelli

Green Lanturn
20th January 2007, 01:45 AM
I will do my usual and tie things up...mr.pikachu.

~GL

Heald
20th January 2007, 04:38 AM
I change my vote to Kevvaelli.

Plantae
20th January 2007, 02:06 PM
It would seem the humans' bad luck continues.

Dead
Kevvaelli - Elder

It is a forbidding Dusk 2.

Plantae
22nd January 2007, 07:35 AM
But maybe there is a little hope yet...

Dead
Zcade0 - Traitor

As the sun rises, Dawn 3.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
22nd January 2007, 07:56 AM
lol... well I'm kinda late, but luckily not late enough to be kicked out by default
woot.. I vote neutral this round, but may hop onto some bandwagon later?

mr_pikachu
22nd January 2007, 09:35 PM
I think I'll vote Neutral as well.

Heald
23rd January 2007, 02:43 AM
I guess I'll throw in a vote for Green Lanturn.

Dark-San
23rd January 2007, 03:12 AM
I am throwing in my vote to another inactive member, Wave of Darkness. Well I suppose since he already left TPM, there is no need for his role anymore...

Weasel Overlord
24th January 2007, 09:18 AM
*picks a bandwagon* I choose... Green Lanturn for death. Bwa-ha-ha-ha... *oddly robotic laughter*

mr_pikachu
24th January 2007, 10:29 AM
Suppose we may as well bandwagon it... I'll change my vote to Green Lanturn.

Plantae
24th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Again, it would seem lady luck does not smile on the humans.

Dead
Green Lanturn - Guardian Angel

Now, kindly watch the sun set, as it is Dusk 3.

Magmar
24th January 2007, 10:40 PM
T_______T;; sorry I missed another dawn... X_X

Heald
25th January 2007, 05:32 AM
Oh Judas tapdancing Priest, it just doesn't get any easier!

Plantae
25th January 2007, 07:34 PM
Two lives are taken...

Dead
Hyperness Is A Good Thing - Elder
Weasel Overlord - Shifter (Parrot)

And Dawn 4 begins.

Magmar
25th January 2007, 10:58 PM
Woot! One down, two (or three?) more to go!

I really should pay more attention to this game guys--sorry! I'll throw a vote for Waves of Darkness because he will probably doom out this round anyway. Hopefully Weasel was the only active shifter! I'd doom out if I don't vote and I won't have time tomorrow...

mr_pikachu
25th January 2007, 11:13 PM
Recent events and comments have led me to believe that Heald is a shifter. He seems to be celebrating at our deaths, after all...

Heald
26th January 2007, 04:20 AM
How is that celebrating?

Anyway, I'm going to use logic and say that Dark-San is a Shifter.

Dark-San
26th January 2007, 04:51 AM
Is there even any logic in your choice? Recent influx of tutorials from my classes had piled up and even I don't have any time to catch up on the game as well (Which partially explains my votes on inactive players).

If you are going to explain, explain it well. 'Cause for now on a tit for tat, I am going to put my vote for Heald.

Magmar
26th January 2007, 06:43 AM
I'm going to change my vote to Heald now that I've had a chance to catch up with the thread.

Heald
26th January 2007, 12:02 PM
I'm actually going to change my vote to Magmar, since

a) He and W_O voted for mr_pikachu in the first round
b) I am led to believe that mr_pikachu is not a Shifter.
c) I now do not think Dark-San is a Shifter.
d) Magmar seems to be bandwagoning against me and is an easy excuse for a Shifter to get an easy, unsuspicious kill.

Of course, if you do all decide to vote against me and you're wrong, then we lose. End of story.

mr_pikachu
26th January 2007, 03:20 PM
Magmar's logic does seem a little odd to me... knowing that WoD was about to hit the doom limit suggests that he was fully caught up with the thread before his last post. I'll change my vote to Magmar and hope for the best.

Weasel Overlord
26th January 2007, 11:05 PM
Oh crap-feckers, I died. Oh well. *runs off shouting something that sounds suspiciously like "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!"*

Plantae
27th January 2007, 07:51 PM
Of false conclusions, there are many victims...

Dead
Heald - High Elder
Waves_of_Darkness - Vigilante - Doomed Out

With this grim resolution, those that walk in the twilight take their last helpless victim.

Dead
mr_pikachu - Shaman

And victory in this deathmatch belongs to them. Shifter Victory!

mr_pikachu
27th January 2007, 07:59 PM
Argh! Frustrating defeat... if the coin flip had gone the other way, we would've had a 2-on-1 and a pretty good chance at winning.

Well, I'm up for another game. Let's get it started before too many more people go inactive!

Heald
28th January 2007, 05:01 AM
I have never EVER won the coin toss. Presuming we had won it (for once in all 10 or so games I've played of these variations) we would have won. Oh well. Nice one for lucking out Shifters.

Magmar
28th January 2007, 07:48 AM
Being the Monkey shifter has its benefits... though not so much during the day...

mr_pikachu
28th January 2007, 07:56 AM
The sad thing about this is that I was suspicious of Heald for awhile, so I tried to hex him into death during the night. Twice.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
28th January 2007, 08:31 AM
I actually oracled Dark-San as a shifter during the first dusk, though as I wasn't sure how much communication could be done while dead, I didn't PM anyone about it - and at first I wasn't really sure who was who, either :x

Magmar
28th January 2007, 11:13 AM
I seriously had no clue what was going on most of the time. All I knew was that, as Monkey, i could take protections and such and place them on Weasel and Dark-San instead, and I kept TRYING to kill Mr. Pikachu to no avail...

mr_pikachu
1st March 2007, 06:19 AM
So, are we going to have another game of Axis Mundi at some point, or are you through with it, Plantae?

(Actually, even if Plantae doesn't want to do it anymore, I suppose someone else could run the game...)

Plantae
20th March 2007, 08:14 AM
My apologies to anyone who was still waiting for this. I have no intention of abandoning Axis Mundi or similar games, but I got a little sidetracked of late. If someone, anyone else could host for a round or two, I ought to be back in the swing of things. In the meantime, I will send out confirmation private messages to see who exactly would play in the next game.

Plantae
26th March 2007, 07:38 AM
An update: we now have eight participants, as listed below.

Magmar
Crazy Elf Boy
Hyperness Is A Good Thing
Dark-San
Mega Horny
Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Weasel Overlord
mr_pikachu

I am still thinking another Axis Mundi round, but if anyone wants to protest, feel free to speak up now. Ms. Overlord already suggested Witch Trials: does anyone second that?

mr_pikachu
26th March 2007, 10:16 AM
My only "protest" against either one is that if we do Witch Trials, I'll have to take back what I said in the PM, Plantae. But if that isn't a problem, then it's perfectly fine by me either way.

Dark-San
26th March 2007, 10:26 AM
I'm okay with either of them as long as this game gets starting. Besides it is not the first time that I played either of them.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th March 2007, 10:49 AM
Hmmm, do you want more players? I think if we're doing Witch Trials it works better with more :x

Weasel Overlord
26th March 2007, 12:09 PM
*runs in waving a witch trials flag* Vote WT!! Come on! I shall try and recruit more peoples! ^____^

Plantae
27th March 2007, 08:56 AM
Feel free to play, mr_pikachu. Some time in my schedule has opened up, and I should be able to host now. As far as Witch Trials go, if we do have it, we indeed need at least four or five more players. In fact, we need more regardless; if anyone knows someone who might be interested, tell them to private message me. Hopefully, we will have enough players by the end of the week.

mr_pikachu
27th March 2007, 12:32 PM
Sounds good, Plantae. I'm glad you'll be able to take on your usual role. ^_^

As for recruiting players, would you happen to have a list of people who have confirmed their interest? Obviously we can look at posts in this thread for some of them, but it's harder to know who's contacted you by PM and such. If you have a list of people who we don't need to nag, that might make recruitment easier.

Plantae
27th March 2007, 06:49 PM
The list a few posts above is all of the people who have confirmed their participation. I have received no other messages, confirmation or no, save from those eight people. I sent a private message to Zcade0, Heald, Kevvaelli, Waves_of_Darkness, and Green Lanturn as well, but have received nothing back.

Also, I have lost the Witch Trials rules, so I need to rewrite them. I am already approximately halfway through and there may be some minor changes, to streamline what was previously confusing. Don't worry though: I remember the most of the original rules.

We ought to vote on which game to play next, so please, if you plan on participating next round, post on which you would prefer: Witch Trials, Axis Mundi, The Werewolf Game, or other.

mr_pikachu
28th March 2007, 12:14 AM
I abstain, as I have not played enough to have a preference. The more experienced players can decide.

Plantae
28th March 2007, 08:31 PM
Any luck, by the way, with recruiting anyone? Both Roy Karrde and Dark Tyranitar have decided to play, so that brings us to ten. Messr. Pikachu, perhaps you could ask some fanficcers?

I have the Witch Trials rules almost rewritten. You can see them here (http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/witchtrials.htm). The only thing I have left to implement is the witch spells.

Crazy Elf Boy
30th March 2007, 09:08 AM
*Pulls out Mega Phone*

"Any one not registered better get a move on or else........."

*Nihilistic Glint in Crazyelfboy's eye*

Yeh i am really pumped about this..

Magmar
1st April 2007, 12:05 PM
I'll play Witch Trials

I saw the front page of the thread and was like "huh? only dark-san and i are alive? ooh, we won already and i never did anything, eeee!!!!" then realized the date of the round

XD

Dark-San
1st April 2007, 12:10 PM
Well it would be an impossible task, finishing off all players within a few days 'cause the game only enables us to kill at most two members per night event. You should have thought of that, being one of the more experience member, Magmar. -_-"

Anyway Plantae sorry for the rushing but are we starting up next week? If so, do remind us about the dates since I would be spending the nights away from home to study with friends and the only internet access closest would be Mcdonald's.

Plantae
1st April 2007, 03:45 PM
I have absolutely no idea when this is going to start at this point. It all depends on when we get two more members for the game. If you know anyone, please ask if they might be interested.