PDA

View Full Version : Time for my triumphant (I hope) return to ASB. Open challenge (Ref needed, of course)

Pokemaster Ash
11th December 2002, 06:35 PM
Time for my first fight in a long time... [a blue-haired woman and a blue-haired girl teleport in nearby] Oh yeah. Can't forget my cheereaders, can I?

Sabrina: We're back too.

Sara: Yep.

Now back to business...

It'll be a 3 on 3 fight. 1 week DQ. My opponent will go first. The Arena...let's see... Ah yes. Saffron Gym. I hope this will be a good battle.

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 06:45 PM
I'll accept.

Go Snorlax. Male, No sig.

Razola
11th December 2002, 06:48 PM
I can ref. Just describe the arena please (for my sake) and the DQ, attack order, blah blah blah.

Pokemaster Ash
11th December 2002, 07:22 PM
The arena has basically the normal gym battlefield (brown floor with a white lines for the arena), white columns, yellow walls. There's also a teleporter tile in a corner of the room which is inactive during battles.

And now for my first Pokémon... [pulls out a Pokéball] Go, Machop!

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 08:16 PM
I hope you don't expect me to send out first AND attack first, no? ^^;

Pokemaster Ash
11th December 2002, 08:31 PM
Sorry, I've been out of ASB a bit too long...

Machop, let's start out strong. Use Rock Smash on Snorlax, then give it a Karate Chop. End the turn with Strength. Aim high, too!

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 08:38 PM
Snorlax, use a Body Slam to squash Machop. When you get up, he's going to try to keep hitting you, so another Body Slam will do. Finish the round up with a Psychic!

Razola
11th December 2002, 09:02 PM
Yee-haw, let's get started!

PokeMaster Ash vs. The Mozz!

What: Three Pokemon fight (1on1)
Where: Saffron City Gym (Standard Arena)
When: One Week DQ

PM Ash sends out Machop! (Male)
The Mozz sends out Snorlax! (Male)

Rock Smash~Karate Chop~Strenght
Body Slam~Body Slam~Psychic

ROUND ONE

The Pokeballs are thrown, and out come two pokemon in the mysterious arena that is Sabrina's Gym!

The small, but eager Machop meets its opponent, a large, chubby snorlax. Machop takes an offensive, Karate-like battle stance, and rushes at his opponent. He stirkes Snorlax in the knee-cap, causing Snorlax moderate discomfort. And in response...

the Snorlax falls on Machop.

Machop is crushed, and unable to get free! Just when he thinks he is going to suffocate, Snorlax gets up.

Machop looks angry, but is undaunted. Again he strikes Snorlax, this time in the belly, with a master-ful hand chop.

Snorlax falls on him again.

Once again Machop is crushed by the half-ton of weight on him. But this time he manages to get free, and gets out of Snorlax's attack range ( a foot or so) before attacking again.

But he has nothing to attack with! The room is sleek and eerie looking, but has no object he can grab. While reflecting on this, he is unaware he is 10 feet of the ground.

Snorlax has lifted Machop with mind, and Machop begins to panic, waving his arms in the air. Oddly enough, PM Ash's so-called cheerleaders begin to cheer on Snorlax. Apparently, they enjoy the Psychic-using Snorlax over the Muscle-Head Machop.

Machop is thrown like a rag dool to the other side of the stadium.

Machop gets up. His opponent has won this round. But he'll have the last laugh in the end.

End Round One.

STATS FOR ROUND ONE

Pokemon

Machop: 80% Trivial Fatigue Irritated, but otherwise fine.

Snorlax: 94% Low Fatigue

Arena & Other Info

Picture in next reply.

Razola
11th December 2002, 09:04 PM
Pciture of Arena & Positions

[attachment deleted by admin]

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 09:10 PM
Just a question: Two Body Slams from a Snorlax and a Psychic against the type weak to it.... 11%?

Razola
11th December 2002, 09:17 PM
Remember that the type chart of the Game Boy may not apply to ASB battle. And even if they do, it may not be as strong.

As for Body Slam, you are right. Snorlax is VERY heavy, and would do more damage.

Damage has been corrected. My apologies.

Pokemaster Ash
11th December 2002, 09:27 PM
[sweatdrops...]

Sabrina: Sorry. That was one nice Psychic attack. It won't happen again, though.

Sara: Yeah. We got a bit carried away...

[mutters] Why now? You never did this before... [aloud] Well it's your turn to strike first now

(Just a note to the ref: Sabrina and Sara never cheer the opponent on. Also they don't exactly act like cheerleaders in the normal sense. They're basically just there on the sidelines going "Nice job!" and "Get that [insert Pokémon here]!")

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 09:35 PM
15% is still ridiculously low. Impereon will be contacted regarding that, I'd be interested in seeing what he has to say...

Now then, if this is what we're up against, Snorlax, use an Earthquake, followed by a Rollout twice...

Cyrus
11th December 2002, 09:45 PM
15% is low, but then so is 4% form a you are also weak against. If you were to look at both damage levels instead of just the damage you inflicted you would notice that the damage is being reduced to both parties, perhaps to extend the length of the battle.

Razola
11th December 2002, 09:48 PM
This is funny...the guy losing is complaining about his cheerleaders (I used the term loosely, PM Ash), while the guy winning complains about the damage being too low.

If the higher ups deem my damage off, then I got no problem.

Until then, I find my damage to be fairly accurate.

I won't lie, I'm a new ref. If the higher ups find this damage way-off I would appreciate the explanation why (for future reference).

Pokemaster Ash
11th December 2002, 09:53 PM
Time for strategy now

Machop, when Snorlax uses Earthquake, leap up and Karate Chop it in the head. Then give it two quick Cross Chops before it tries to flatten you. After that, just try to keep from getting pancaked.

Razola
11th December 2002, 09:55 PM
The Battle is currently postponed until we get a the damage issue cleared up.

I just want to make sure everything is fair.

EngiMatikul
11th December 2002, 11:42 PM
Hehehehehe.... an old vet with a new reffie... this is hilarious...

Okok, about the damage problem. Basically, you're right, you can do damage as freely as you wish it to be. HOWEVER, your low-damage style could come as a disadvantage to all, since a low damage battle would result in longer battles and no one really wants a battle to last 4 months. The battlers would get impatient, and the ref wouldn't have enough time, and then conflicts will arise, etc, etc.

In short, don't make the damage too high because then it wouldn't be much fun, but at the same time don't make a Hyper beam deal 3% damage; that would make the battle boring.

PMA I see you aren't starting off as triumphantly as you planned. :)

EDIT: BTW, more powerful attack = More fatigue it'll take up. Keep that in mind, especially when reffing for PMA. :D

The Mozz
11th December 2002, 11:52 PM
High damage does not necessarily imply high energy usage, as Snorlax can simply fall on Machop and deal a lot of damage, and use minimal energy.

Razola
12th December 2002, 12:11 AM
For now, I think the damage is fine, but I'll up the damage a little bit more. But, to be fair, I'm adding damage to Snorlax (only a little bit).

Unless someone of high authority intervenes, I'll post Round Two tommorrow.

Sorry for the delay, but we gotta keep things fair.

Little_Pikachu
12th December 2002, 12:31 AM
I see that PMA still has yet to break free of Sabrina's psionic mind-control. I was kind of wondering if that was why he dropped out of sight for a while, but I guess not. Guess she had him mopping floors and scrubbing toilets the entire time...

Anyway, EngiMatikul doth be correct. At 7.5%/attack for a pokémon's strongest attack, it will be a heck of a long time before even a 1v1 battle ends.

And it gets worse if both pokémon Rest when low on health. MUCH worse.

But as for the actual rules, you're only *required* to make your damage consistent. So if you decide that a Snorlax Body Slam on a Machop deals 7.5% damage under a certain set of conditions, then the same applies if in another battle you referee PMA has the Snorlax and The Mozz has the Machop.

Razola
12th December 2002, 09:20 AM
Impereon and EngiMatikul: Thanks for the help. I've decided to increase the damage on both pokemon some more. No since battling for a year. I'll guess I'll develop my own damage sytyle as I ref more battles...hopefully one that won't take a year for battle to finish. But do you really think Body Slam is his strongest attack? I mean, falling on people is probably gonna hurt when you weigh half a ton, but I think Snorlax has something nastier than that.

Anyway, damage has been corrected again. I apologize for the delays, but I want to make sure everyone is happy with the reffings, and as a new ref, I want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Here's the Pre-Round stats. These damage totals are final. If you still have a problem, don't be afraid to express your dis-satisfaction, but we have to continue.

Machop: 70% Trivial Fatigue Irritated, but otherwise fine.

Snorlax: 90% Low Fatigue

Karate Chop

Sorry for the delay. Now on with the Battle!

ROUND TWO

After a first of round of highly variable damage (my bad), let's see if the second is less controversial.

Snorlax lifts a tubby leg and stomps on the smooth, reflective gym floor. A seismic disturbance has been creating, causing a shockwave throughout the gym. Everyone in the room falls on their behind.

Except for Machop, he rushes at Snorlax, and leaps into the air, in a Bruce-Lee type aerial pose and smacks Snorlax in the face with a well-timed chop. Snorlax's face flies backwards in response.

The gym floor is cracked and broken up. Sabrina is yelling something about the cost of reflooring her gym, but I can't make it all out. I think the Snorlax is now on her bad side.

Snorlax wipes the blood from his mouth and frowns at Machop. He rolls up into a ball and heads for Machop.

Machop braces himself and begins to strike Snorlax repeatedly before he is again crushed the haf-ton of lard.

Snorlax rolls off, and then turns to makes another charge. Machop gets up and then looks at the oncoming ball of tub. He screams and begins to attempt to fight off the snorlax again. And...once more he is crushed by the ball of goo.

Machop stutters to himself as he recovers from another crushing round.

STATS FOR ROUND TWO

Machop:: 49% low-moderate fatigue Feeling very flat. Getting sick of being the victim of Snorlax's blubber.

Snorlax: 78% Moderate fatigue Currently rolling. Feeling fine.

Arena & other info

The arena is cracked all other the places. There is now plenty of loose chunks of the floor in small and medium sizes, with the larger chunks being hard to find.

Gaining speed with roll-out is harder due to the bumpy, uneven floor. There is also a small risk of Snorlax crashing due to the bumps and snag and other hazards that now liter the arena.

Machop is in the middle area of the gym (near the teleport tile).

Snorlax is circling Machop.

Pokemaster Ash
12th December 2002, 04:00 PM
[sweatdrops at Impereon] She doesn't have me under her control. Whatever gave you that idea?

Okay, Machop. Snorlax can't keep rolling for long considering the condition of the floor. Lure Snorlax into rolling into some of the more badly damaged areas to try to knock him out of the attack. Then muster up your strength and nail Snorlax with a couple of Cross Chops and then try a Vital Throw!

The Mozz
12th December 2002, 07:14 PM
Alright, Snorlax, let's show him who he's dealing with. I'm no newbie, not by a long shot...

Snorlax, end your Rollout, using a Body Slam when it goes for the Cross Chop. Use a Counter on the second one. When it goes for a Vital Throw, just use your Strength to throw him against any wall nearby. No way he can throw a Snorlax...

Body Slam - Counter - Strength

Razola
12th December 2002, 09:26 PM
This must be Ref Day. I've been posting Rounds all day. Oh well, I knew the job was Dangerous when I took it...

Pre-Round Stats

Machop:: 49% low-moderate fatigue Feeling very flat. Getting sick of being the victim of Snorlax's blubber.

Snorlax: 78% Moderate fatigue Currently rolling. Feeling fine.

Cross Chop~Cross Chop~Vital Throw
Body Slam~Counter~Strength

ROUND THREE

Snorlax stops rolling and goes straight into an offensive position. Machop charges at his foe, and hits him with a clean barrage of chops and hits.

Like a rerun, Snorlax falls on Machop again.

Machop is getting fairly use to this by now, and manages to escape quicker this time. He once again rushes at his opponent...who is now glowing.

Snorlax reverses the attack of Machop, and makes him suffer his own attack. Snorlax does it with some difficulty, as Machop is well-trained in the art of physical combat.

Snorlax is about to grab a medium-sized piece of the gym broken off during the quake, but Machop grabs him by the foot and hurls him to another area of the arena. Machop is satisfied for once. Snorlax finally got what was coming to him.

Snorlax scratches his head looks around. Nothing to throw in this area he was thrown to. Well...not exactly.

Machop is distracted with his pride when he suddenly hears screaming. Before he can react, he is hit by a flying woman.

Machop shakes his head as the angry woman storms off. This obviously has not been Sabrina's day.

and ends Round Three.

STATS FOR ROUND THREE

Pokemon

Machop 16% Moderate Fatigue A little confused by what just happened.

Snorlax 55% Moderate fatigue A little strained, but otherwise fine.

Arena & Other Info

The arena is still cracked and broken up.

The Mozz
12th December 2002, 09:57 PM
Ok... <mutters how a Machop threw a Snorlax, and far ^^; >

If it hits you with a physical attack, Counter. If not, just keep Flamethrower-ing it... meh..

EngiMatikul
12th December 2002, 11:47 PM
Engi: *flies down to Sabrina* How does it feel to be used as a throwing object madam? XD

Sabrina: O you shut up and goto your own battles.

Engi: Ok XD XD XD ROTFL

The Mozz
15th December 2002, 02:06 AM
I don't bump, just noticed you posting in other battles ^^;

Pokemaster Ash
15th December 2002, 08:28 AM
[picks Sabrina up] That Snorlax has something coming its way now...

Okay, Machop. Give him a Thunderpunch to screw Snorlax up (he'll think it's physical until it's too late). Then smack him with a Dynamicpunch! Lastly, Submission!

Razola
16th December 2002, 03:27 PM
The Mozz : You really gotta stop complaining. I changed my damage system for you, and yes, a Machop can throw a Snorlax if he puts his mind to it. You have a good lead, so don't complain.

Pre-Round Stats

Machop 16% Moderate Fatigue A little confused by what just happened.

Snorlax 55% Moderate fatigue A little strained, but otherwise fine.

Thunderpunch~Dynamic Punch~Submission
Counter/Flamethrowing~Flamethrower~Flamethrower

ROUND FOUR

What an exciting match so far! Machop is now charging at Snorlax, his fist primed and ready to teach snorlax a thing or two.

Snorlax prepares to counter the hit. Hold....hold....hold...

NOW!

Snorlax tries to reverse the move, but has a shocking surprise. Though the punch could have been reversed, snorlax was totally unprepare for a jolt.

Now furious, Snorlax begins to shot flames everywhere.

The entire aren is being set on fire! Machop finds himself unable to escape the flaming fury of the fat fighter.

Snorlax continues his firery rampage. Poor Sabrina is again caught in the crossfire, if you pardon the pun. Her hair is set to light, and she runs frantically trying to put it out.

But she is fairing better than Machop. Suffering bad burns on top of his current wounds, he collaspes to the ground.

He gives one last sigh before being recalled.

end Round Five.

STATS FOR ROUND FIVE

Machop 0% KO'ed

Snorlax 55% Moderate Fatigue Calming down. Starting to sweat.

Arena & Other Info

The arena is on fire! Pokemon unable to take the heat will take anywhere from 1-5% damage per action. Fire and water pokemon are equipped to handle high temperatures. Water attacks can be used to put out some flames ( that pokemon using it will not take any heat damage for the Round if he or she stays there). There is a chance a pokemon can hit a flame, causing damage based on how hard the flame is hit, and how big the flame is.

The arena is still cracked and broken up. A lot of the rubble is on fire.

Pokemaster Ash
16th December 2002, 03:52 PM
[uses Water Gun on Sabrina] That's it. Time to really give it to Snorlax.

Machop, you tried. Return! [recalls the fallen Fighting-Type] Now for a Pokémon you'll find hard to beat. Go, Dragonair!

Dragonair, use your Surf to help deal with the arena and Snorlax. Then give Snorlax a dose of Dragonbreath. Lastly, Hyper Beam!

The Mozz
16th December 2002, 05:19 PM
<sorry, Raz ^^;;.. Just from the other league, where stuff's done a tad differently ^^;; I'll stop>

"Hm.. A Dragonair. The star of my Hikaru Gym back home (in PASBL).. Well, I've beat them before, so this shouldn't be any different.

"Snorlax, Surf won't do anything, so while it's trying to use a move it can't do in an arena with no water, Ice Beam it! Shoot a Blizzard at it while it shoots out the dragonbreath to hit it with both attacks at once, as hopefully the winds will send the DB back to Dragonair. After that, simply use Protect on the Hyper Beam. Let it waste its energy.."

Ice Beam ~ Blizzard ~ Protect

Razola
16th December 2002, 08:15 PM
Okay, let's get ready to go!

Pre-Round Stats

Snorlax 55% Moderate Fatigue Calming down. Starting to sweat.

Dragonair 100% Excellent Condition

Pokemon Remaining

The Mozz: OOO
PM Ash: XOO

Ice Beam~Blizzard~Protect
Surf~Dragonbreath~Hyperbeam

ROUND FIVE

The battle is getting intense. The first pokemon has fallen, and the gym is already an inferno. A crimson pokeball flies through the air, opening to reveal a Dragonair in pristine condition. The ref would check to see its gender, but I will leave that responibility tp its owner (hint hint).

Dragonair prepares to dose the field, cooling everything off. But where's the water? There's not to be found except the sweat dripping from Snorlax. It decides to make do, hurling the gallon of sweat around the aren, which ends up only hitting Sabrina. Snorlax sweat. That's pretty nasty. And it did little to quell the flames.

Snorlax is confident. He launches a beam of ice, which promptly melts in the intense heat. He frowns and tries to launch a volley of ice shards, but they too melt. It does lower some heat, but without aiming for the flames, the watery-attacks do little overall.

Dragonair decides to do something that works. He spews a thick flame, which looks almost unearthly. Snorlax puts up a shield of energy to block it, and succeeds in defending himself from the assault.

But Dragonair has only begun to fight! He charges up and launches at massive beam of energy at his foe, causing a direct hit.

The leftovers of Snorlax's shield offer a little protection, but the move still hurts nonethless.

The flames rage on as the fighters await new orders.

end Round Five.

STATS FOR ROUND FOUR

Pokemon

Snorlax 21% Moderate Fatigue Overheated (took 9% this turn) A little angry.

Dragonair 88% Low-Moderate Fatigue Overheated (took 12% this turn) Feeling confident.

Arena & other info

The arena is still on fire. Neither Pokemon is suited for the heat, and will continue to take 1-5% damage each action.

Dragonair needs a gender. If one isn't posted soon, I will have Dragonair be the same gender a me. Male. So if you don't want a freaky sex change, let me know.

Snorlax sweat is supposedly bad for the skin.

Pokemaster Ash
16th December 2002, 09:49 PM
Sabrina: [majorly pissed off] That's it... [starts throwing the ref around the room with her powers]

Hey Sabrina, cool it. You don't want him to penalize me for that.

Sabrina: [stops] Good point. But still, I'm getting picked on every round.

Whatever. Dragonair (who is female), time to get tricky. First nail Snorlax with Thunder. Then give it a Fire Blast. Lastly, Blizzard (maybe this will put out the fire).

The Mozz
16th December 2002, 10:11 PM
Use a Toxic on Dragonair, and then Explosion!

Razola
18th December 2002, 02:05 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I'm chugging along trying to get finals finished.

Pre-Round Stats

Snorlax 21% Moderate Fatigue Overheated (took 9% this turn) A little angry.

Dragonair 88% Low-Moderate Fatigue Overheated (took 12% this turn) Feeling confident.

Toxic~Explosion~Funeral Procession
Thunder~Fire Blast~Blizzard

ROUND SIX

The raging inferno continues. Snorlax is looking like he has seen better days, but no matter.

Snorlax shoots a violet spray at Dragonair, who shudders in response.

Undaunted the dragonair launches a bolt of electricity at Snorlax, who absorbs most of it.

Snorlax decides his tim has come. He builds up energy inside, and unleashes it upon the arena.

Dragonair is hit by several waves of energy, hoping it can last.

Snorlax however, will not. It collaspes to the ground and falls on its back in a final death throe.

Sabrina runs to Snorlax and begins to kick and jumo on its belly in a mocking manner. She then starts to sink in the flub of Snorlax. She tries to struggle to get free, but only sinks faster. Eventually PM Ash has to pull her out.

end Round Six.

STATS FOR ROUND SIX

Pokemon

Snorlax 0% KO'ed

Dragonair 48% Moderate Fatigue Badly Poisoned (2%damage next turn) Took 4% Heat Damage this Round

Arena & Other Info

The fire has been mostly put out thanks to the energy waves of explosion. There is still a good amount of isolated fires, but they do not cuase excessive heat.

Snorlax is unable to fight anymore! The Mozz has to choose another pokemon or forfeit the match.

Remaining Pokemon

The Mozz: XOO
PM Ash: XOO

The Mozz
19th December 2002, 07:56 AM
Go Lapras (Female).

Start off with a Reflect Wall, and hide behind that, using a Safeguard. Afterwards, use a Blizzard!

Pokemaster Ash
20th December 2002, 03:12 PM
Okay, Dragonair. Time to use strategy here. Dragons are very versatile and therefor can use many attacks. Start off with Thunder Wave to slow Lapras down. Then hit it with a pair of Thunders!

Pokemaster Ash
26th December 2002, 01:25 PM
Hm... Perhaps the ref needs to be DQed. After all, he is a week late or so... (j/k)

Drade130
26th December 2002, 02:45 PM
Raz is apparently on vacation, if u like i will sub ref til he gets back.

Pokemaster Ash
26th December 2002, 04:16 PM
I guess that's okay.

Drade130
26th December 2002, 05:00 PM
Round 6
The Mozz vs. Pokemaster Ash

Prebattle:

Lapras:100% ready to go

Dragonair: 48%, moderate fatigue, Badly poisoned

BEGIN!

As round seven begins, a new foe for Dragonair to battle appears in place of the fallen Snorlax, a Lapras. Dragonair immediately takes the initiative, sending sparks toward Lapras. Dragonair squeals in rage as the sparks bounce off of a reflective wall that Lapras smartly created. Lapras watches on in triumph and creates a swirling aurora barrier around herself. Dragonair feels a the electricity crackle through her body and sends out a wide cone of electricity, crackling as it bursts into the reflect wall, smashing it and hitting poor Lapras. She screams in pain as her muscles begin to twitch uncontrollably. Dragonair again goes for the same attack, crackling with yellowish electricity. The electricity is sent out, but is met with a somewhat wobbly blizzard. Seeing her attack blocked, Dragonair slams her tail on the ground in anger. As she does that, she feels the horrid poison upon her, eating away at her. On the other side, Lapras is just lucky to still be in this battle...

Postbattle

Lapras: 81%, a bit shaken up, no more reflect wall,safeguard up

Dragonair: 46%, high fatigue, Badly poisoned, very angered

arena: Fire pretty much out thanks to blizzard

Pokemaster Ash
31st December 2002, 07:55 PM
Okay, Dragonair. You're going fine. We have to keep up this assault.

Start with another Thunder Wave. With its defenses down for now, it should strike. Then go for Thunderbolt and Thunder.

[is satisfied at the fact that the Dratini family can learn many different element attacks]

The Mozz
31st December 2002, 09:15 PM
Hm... I hope that all this electric energy you're using seems logical to you, because it doesn't to me.

Lapras, you set up Safeguard last round, so while he's charging up TWave, hit Dragonair with a Blizzard! It should be slowed from that, so hit it with an Ice Beam, which will hopefully send the Thunder off course...

If he's KO'ed, take a breather, if not, Protect from the Thunderbolt.

Blizzard ~ Ice Beam ~ Breather/Protect

Drade130
1st January 2003, 11:45 AM
Round 7

Prebattle:

Lapras: 81%, a bit shaken up, no reflect wall, safeguard up

Dragonair: 46%, high fatigue, Badly poisoned, very angered

BEGIN!

As round seven begins, Dragonair begins to charge up a surge of electricity. Lapras smirks and blasts a powerful blizzard of snow and ice at the long dragon type, smashing into him, making him cry out in severe pain! Lapras backs away and watches as as a thunder crackles her way. She tries to dodge but a large pokemon such as herself can't move all that fast. The surge of electricity blasts through her body, making her angered. She shakes it off thanks to the safeguard and blasts a fateful jet of ice at the slowed Dragonair. Dragonair can barely see it coming as it blasts into her body. She wimpers in pain. Everything begins to fade out as she slowly falls to the ground...

Postbattle

Lapras: 71%, proud, safeguard up for one more round

Dragonair: 0%, KOed

Dragonair has fallen!

PMA sends out next pokemon
Mozz attacks next

Pokemaster Ash
1st January 2003, 03:45 PM
Hm... You did well, Dragonair. Return! [recalls the fallen Pokémon, then pulls out a Great Ball] Time for Lapras to really get a shock. Hit it, Electabuzz! [the Elec-Type materializes]

Okay, Electabuzz. Time to hit it hard and fast. Use Flash to blind Lapras, then hit it with a Thunderbolt and a Thunder!

The Mozz
1st January 2003, 04:03 PM
You're so predictable in your old age =P

Lapras, close your eyes and sing. If he's asleep when you're done, lob a toxic on it.. if it's not asleep, blast it with an Ice Beam

Close eyes ~ Sing ~ Toxic/Ice Beam

Drade130
1st January 2003, 05:29 PM
u guys are quick! I love it!

Round 8

Prebattle
Lapras: 71%, proud, safeguard up for one more round
Electabuzz: 100%, ready to go

Ordered Attacks
Electabuzz: Flash~Thunderbolt~Thunder
Lapras: Close eyes~Sing~Toxic/Ice Beam

BEGIN!

As round eight begins to unfold a red beam engulfs the fallen Dragonair, sucking him inside his pokeball. In his place, a new foe, Electabuzz. Lapras sings out happily as she closes her eyes. Electabuzz tries to make a flash bright enough to get through to her but to no avail. Lapras begins to sing a beautiful, harmonious tune, trying to lull Electabuzz into sleeping. Electabuzz hurries and begins to crackle with electricity. He growls and from his antennae, horns... whatever they are, he emits a powerful jolt of electricity. Lapras squeals as she feels the surprising electricity upon her. That shut her up, Electabuzz smirks. Lapras isn't near as happy as her opponent as she angrily blasts a jet of ice at the growling electric type. He roars with pain as the ice smashes into him, cutting his chest and arms. He tries to power up another electric attack, but the force charges through his cuts and scrapes, causing severe pain and discomfort. The poor Electabuzz looks up at his trainer in dismay, hoping that there are no more attacks that are that painful.

Postbattle
Lapras: 60%, angered no more safeguard
Electabuzz: 92%, cuts and scrapes causing pain

The Mozz
1st January 2003, 05:48 PM
Perfect then. An Electabuzz who can't use electric attacks is a good opponent ^_^;

Use a Blizzard, then a Psychic to slam him around, and then a Toxic

Pokemaster Ash
1st January 2003, 07:12 PM
Electabuzz, you can handle this. It's only some minor wounds.

Time to go on the defensive. Create a Light Screen to keep those attacks out. Then Flash again, followed up by a Thunder.

Drade130
1st January 2003, 08:10 PM
i swear u guys are gonna put me in a coma.

Round 9

Prebattle
Lapras: 60%, angered, no more safeguard
Electabuzz: 92%, cuts and scrapes causing pain

Ordered Attacks
Lapras: Blizzard~Psychic~Toxic

BEGIN!

The poor Electabuzz starts off quickly by creating a shield to harness the power of Lapras' attacks. Lapras smiles and blasts the same ice that caused the cuts last round at Electabuzz. Thanks to the screen though, only a small amount of the attack can get through. Electabuzz whimpers as the few ice crystals cause more pain to his body. The scrapes have become worse now, they have opened into larger gashes thanks to the new onslaught of ice. Electabuzz tries to ignore the pain and creates a blinding flash just before he felt a psionic grip around him. Lapras whines but does not need light to use her mind as she flings Electabuzz to ground, getting dirt into his wounds. He roars with pain and jumps to his feet. Lapras tries to find Electabuzz by lobbing a glob of venom blindly into the air. Electabuzz steps away slowly as he sees the glob come his way. It lands harmlessly on the floor next to him, creating a small pool of toxic. Electabuzz looks angrily at his trainer. Hadn't I got my point across about the pain?! Electabuzz whimpers and turns back to his blind opponent. he tries to create a surge of electricity but it's no use. He falls to one knee in pain. Lapras on the other hand, slowly reagins her vision and sees a somewhat blurry Electabuzz in pain. Lapras sings out happily at what she sees.

Postbattle
Lapras: 60%, fatigue growing, blurry vision, happier
Electabuzz: 89%, small gashes filled with dirt, angry at trainer

Other Things
A small pool of venom stands near Electabuzz

Pokemaster Ash
2nd January 2003, 06:30 PM
Sabrina: ... [uses her powers to throw the sub-ref around]

[sweatdrops] Sabrina, don't attack the refs.

Sabrina: But something's fishy about this. Electabuzz is one of your best Pokémon yet it isn't able to get an attack off. And it's been through worse than this and gone on.

[shrugs] The refs are apparently making this hard for a vet, I guess.

Electabuzz, I'll give you one last chance to attack. Use Light Screen to defend and Flash to blind. Then concentrate and use Zap Cannon on Lapras. You can do it. I trust you.

The Mozz
2nd January 2003, 07:34 PM
Let's get this guy asleep

Close your eyes and sing. His first two attacks are defensive, so we should have time. When he is asleep, open your eyes, get over to the side of his (Where the shield will not be) and Toxic it

Drade130
2nd January 2003, 09:21 PM
Hey mozz, how is Lapras gonan know when Buzz is asleep if she has her eyes closed?

Round 10

Prebattle
Lapras: 60%, fatigue growing, blurry vision, happier
Electabuzz: 89%, small gashes filled with dirt, angry at trainer
Ref: 50%, crying like a baby, hates Sabrina

Ordered Attacks
Lapras:Close Eyes~Sing~Toxic
Electabuzz: Light Screen~Flash~Zap Cannon

BEGIN!

As this round unfolds, the ref runs away to rest and lets his Slowking ref this battle. Electabuzz quickly creates a shield to portect himself from any attacks. Lapras sings out in a beautiful voice that would put anyone to sleep as she closes her eyes. After a futile attempt to blind Lapras, Electabuzz becomes somewhat drowsy. No! I'll stop that stupid Lapras! Electabuzz roars and crackles with electricity. With a glance at his trainer, the powerful electric type creates a sphere of golden electricity and blasts it towards Lapras, who doesn't see it coming. It hits her, sending her into spasms, stopping her song. Electabuzz and his trainer cheer. Electabuzz still feels it though. a small surge of electricity charges through his gashes, causing a small amount of pain.

Postbattle
Lapras: 45%, having spasms, crying out with pain
Electabuzz: 87%, small gashes filled with dirt, blocking out the pain and happy with his trainer

The Mozz
3rd January 2003, 01:02 PM
This is getting very shady...

Lapras, use a Double Team. Then, Hyper Beam, and a Blizzard

<shrugs>

Drade130
3rd January 2003, 01:10 PM
if u dont want me to ref then i won't, this is how i ref and ive never received a complaint.

Pokemaster Ash
3rd January 2003, 01:14 PM
Now that's more like it, Electabuzz! Good job!

Lapras has slowed down from the paralysis that Zap Cannon produced. However it still could be a problem. Hit it hard and fast with a DynamicPunch. Then get away from it and try to avoid its Hyper Beam (if it comes). A pair or Thunders should do the trick now.

The Mozz
7th January 2003, 09:57 PM
Ref bumpies

Razola
16th January 2003, 02:22 PM
I have returned, and I'll save this from the ASB boneyard. I'm using the previous reffing stats and I'll try to apply my Fatigue to it. Seeing as how this is on the 3-4th page of ASB, I doubt the previous ref will mind me picking this back up.

PRE-ROUND

Lapras: 45%, Paralyzed (75% chance to attack) crying out with pain

Electabuzz: 87%, small gashes filled with dirt, blocking out the pain and happy with his trainer.

Double Team~Hyper Beam~Blizzard
Dynamic Punch~Thunder/Dodge~Thunder

ROUND ELEVEN

Ladies and gents, I AM BACK! It's to see you all.

It's seems the pokemon have had quite a change since my last reffing. Oh well, let's get started.

Lapras shuts her eyes and fights the pain, she grits her teeth and focuses. Five images split from her, much to electabuzz's surprise!

Forced to pick a target, Electabuzz swings and hits air, as one of the doubles fades away.

Suddenly a beam of energy comes out of nowhere and hits Electabuzz right in the bum. That has to hurt to some degree! Running around fanning his fannny, he gets angry and shoots off a blast of electric energy at one of the five Lapras in the arena, and again hits a fake.

Electabuzz is then hit with a massive force of ice, snow, and cold. Sabrina is also hti with the snowy blast and is covered head to toe with snow. This ref has no choice: I put a top hat, a carrot, and some coal on the Sabrinia-Snowwoman.

Electubuzz is furious, but undaunted. He once again picks a target (four now) and lets loose with a blast of thunder...and HITS! Lapras shudders from the powerful shock.

She won't hold out for long. Lapras still has her doubles...but will they last?

end Round Eleven.

STATS FOR ROUND 11

Pokemon

Lapras 15% High-Moderate Fatigue Paralyzed (75% chance to attack) Getting scared. Three copies of her in play (thus four images of lapras total).

Electabuzz 47% High-Moderate Fatigue Angry, cold, and wet. Gashes are cleaner from the water.

Other Stuff

Any info on the arena condition would be nice. I also assume Buzz is a male, and Lapras female, is this right?

Let me know of any inconsistencies.

Little kids are dancing around Sabrina. They're singing "Frosy the Snowman" I think.

Pokemaster Ash
16th January 2003, 03:25 PM
Sabrina: [as Raz puts the finishing touches on Snow-Sabrina, she explodes from the snow and ice using her powers] ..........

...This isn't going to go well...

Electabuzz, Lapras isn't going to last too much longer. Try another DynamicPunch. Then use a pair of Thunderbolts. That should take care of Lapras.

Sabrina: If one more thing happens to me.....

The Mozz
16th January 2003, 05:28 PM
Ice Beam it, then Psychic to spin it around and confuse it, and then Rest!

Razola
18th January 2003, 02:48 PM
Sorry for the wait. I got waaaaaay too many old matches to keep track of.

PRE-ROUND

Lapras 15% High-Moderate Fatigue Paralyzed (75% chance to attack) Getting scared. Three copies of her in play (thus four images of lapras total).

Electabuzz 47% High-Moderate Fatigue Angry, cold, and wet. Gashes are cleaner from the water.

Ice Beam~Psychic~Rest
Dynamic Punch~Thunderbolt~Thunderbolt

ROUND ELEVEN

Lapra breathes heavily. She is getting very tired, but must keep going.

Electabuzz is faced with choice....which one should it be? He looks at the four Laprases(?) staring at him. He raises a fist and charges at the one lapras.

Lapras panicks. He's coming right at her! She lifts her head and thenlowers it again as she lets out an stream of ice. Electabuzz is chilly, but undaunted. He has been tricked too many times! He lifts the glowing fists and slams it into Lapras's soft belly.

Lights are going off in Lapras's head. She can barely tell what going on around her. In her scrambled state, she starts to wildly attack with psychic, lifting up several things. Sabrina is lifted up and then slung out of the stadium through the roof. She'll travel a good clip, I'd say. Lapras threw her pretty far.

Electabuzz is also caught in this psychic frenzy, and is flipped a few feet away, landing on his stomach.

The attack is over, and Lapras is barely hanging on. Electabuzz was flipped over, but still knows which Lapras is which.

He creates a ball of electricity in his hand.

"Brzzz..."

It grows bigger.

"BRRRZZZ..."

and then...

"BRAZ!"

A massive discharge of energy flies from his fists into the batterered Lapras, sending the poor creature beyond pain.

Lapras slumps over. Her doubles fade, as a red beam hits her, causing her to dissappear.

end Round Twelve.

STATS FOR ROUND TWELVE

Pokemon

Lapras 0% KO'ed

Electabuzz 30% High Fatigue Gashes no longer hurting as much. Not angry anymore.

Other Stuff

Lapras is unable to fight! The Mozz will have to replace her, or forfeit the match!

Pokemaster Ash's Pokemon XXO
The Mozz's Pokemon XXO

Sabrina was last seen flying over Chihuahua, Mexico.

The Mozz
18th January 2003, 04:10 PM
Finish this, Muuma

Female Misdreavus

Use a Double Team, Psybeam and then a Night Shade ^_^;

Razola
21st January 2003, 12:23 PM
Four days, PM Ash...

Pokemaster Ash
21st January 2003, 12:24 PM
We won't let Misdreavus win so easily. Open up with a Thunder Wave to paralyze it. Then nail it with a Thunder and a Zap Cannon!

Razola
21st January 2003, 01:07 PM
Sorry for the delay, but the entire reffing got zapped, and I hate having to do this twice...

PRE-ROUND

Electabuzz 30% High Fatigue Gashes no longer hurting as much. Not angry anymore.

Muuma 100% Perfect Condition

Thunder Wave~Thunder~Zap Cannon
Double Team~Psybeam~Night Shade
ROUND TWELVE

There's something falling...it looks like the next pokemon for the match.

No wait! It's Sabrina! She crashes through the roof, and gets up. She looks very tired and angry, and is adorned in cheap Mexican clothing. She seems to be lugging about five boxes for Chicklets.

Here's the real pokemon! It's Muuma the Misdreavous.

'Let's finish this, Muuma," says Mozz.

"We won't let her win so easily, Electabuzz!" cries PM Ash.

Electabuzz unleashes waves of electric energy, which run through Muuma's body. She recoils as her body reacts to these waves.

Muuma shuts her eyes and begins to blur. Electabuzz's determination fades as Muuma splits into three.

The tired pokemon prepares an attack, but is hit by a beam of psionic energy. He shakes off the damage, and musters enough strength to fire a blast of electricty.

The huge blast manages to hit all three Muumas, causing only one to remain. In response to this Muuma stares at Electabuzz.

Electabuzz feels something grip at him...a darkness in his own being.

He...can't move! What attack is this!?

Darkness everywhere...can't sense a thing...what kind of pokemon can do this?

Electabuzz is blind and deaf! The electric pokemon struggles to counter this attack by firing an attack of his own, but nothing happens. He can't attack!

What nightmarish move is this? Is the ref watching? This certianly can't be legal!

Electabuzz then hears something...perhaps he is recovering from the attack! He hears a faint noise...like crying.

What is going on? Does this attack induce hallucinations? Does it cause madness?

Electabuzz...is...getting...weak...so...tired...

And then Electabuzz falls into slumber...for he has been knocked out for quite a while now.

Sabrina continues to cry.

this match is over.

STATS FOR ROUND TWELVE

Pokemon

Electabuzz 0% KO'ed

Muuma 82% Trivial Fatigue Paralyzed

Other Info

Electabuzz is unable to fight! Pokemaster Ash has run out of pokemon.

Therefore, I declare The Mozz the Winner!

FINAL STATS

Snorlax knocked out Machop
Snorlax used explosion.
Dragonair was knocked out by Lapras
Lapras was knocked out by Electabuzz
Electabuzz was knocked out by Muuma

Pokemaster Ash's Pokemon XXX
The Mozz's Pokemon XXO

Both trainers did an excellent job of battling. A well done match.

And congrats to The Mozz on his victory!

The Mozz
21st January 2003, 01:28 PM
Return, Muuma. Great job.

Thank you for the battle, Ash.

I'll take a Female Dratini...