PDA

View Full Version : Facing the final curtain

RaZoR LeAf
17th January 2007, 03:39 PM
That's a line from "My Way" by Sinatra if you don't recognise it.

And now the time is near, and so I face the final curtain..

To put it obviously, I'm leaving ASB. Yes, it's horribly true, I'm packing up my team and moving on from pokemon battles. These days I've just lost all interest in pokemon as a whole. ASB became more of a chore than an entertainment for me, which as you can imagine, took all the fun out of continuing to take part. I volunteered to help Becca in ASB when it was overhauled after the big move, but I never expected I'd end up sticking it out as a mod as long as I have. I'm also giving up as a mod of RBY, because to be honest, the forum gets very few posts.

What's going to happen now then? Well ASB will contain to run under the watchful eyes of it's current mod team, who are all doing an excellent job and will continue to do so. I'll provide them with whatever they need on things I had written up like Safari Zones, Abilities and what not. As for my team, depending on what the others say, maybe they can be auctioned off and the points amassed from the sale put up as a tourney prize. I imagine quite a large amount of points could be made from it.

I'll still be around, mostly to update my fic *plug* well I need to repost it first because i've gone and changed it a lot, but that'll be for later. Ho hum.. I'm on MSN if anyone ever wants to catch up, or they can find me on serebii.net forums, where I'll be staying. Will I return to ASB? Maybe, if Diamond and Pearl reignite my love of pokemon, but that'll be for the future to decide, it's not somehting I can do right now.

Anyway, thanks for having me guys, I'm sure i'll miss you all.

Knight of Time
17th January 2007, 03:45 PM
Oh Dan...I don't know if you noticed the rematch I wanted to have with you, but with the fact you're leaving (I guess I did have to expect this), this battle just couldn't get off the ground (just FYI, it was for a Grass type, a Fire type and a Water type, just as a little twist), but oh well.

In the event you do come back to ASB in the distant future (as long as I'm still here too), I hope we can have another battle. For now, good luck in the future. You'll definitely be missed here.

Elec Man EXE
17th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Thats too bad. I didn't really know you that well, and I don't believe I ever had the pleasure of battling you, but from the one battle I reffed for you I can see you would have been a heck of a challenge. And aside from that, you always seemed like a cool guy,TPML fanfic not witholding :P. Not much can be done about it if you lose interest, though. I intend to challenge you if you do decide to come back (I'm sure you'll get a lot of offers for that :)).

Best of luck to ya.

Chris 2.1
17th January 2007, 04:38 PM
Its a real shame to see you go dan - that's a third match of ours that has never finished!

It was a pleasure modding this place with you; we really helped turn things around I think. You have all the qualities of a good mod and a good friend and you are very much a concrete figure in our community.

I think the auction idea is a fantastic one. At the start of next week we will begin it.

Also look for the Safari Zone to be coming very soon, too.

Thanks for everything you've done, Dan!

RaZoR LeAf
17th January 2007, 05:42 PM
I forgot all about your fic Chris, i'll stay just to keep reading that of course.

Charles Legend
17th January 2007, 07:18 PM
Dan it's to bad we never battled, and from looking at the matches you have had I can tell you right now even with the stongiest members of my Crew you would most likely make us walk the plank.... ;)

btw I think it was a nice Idea to have have an auction.... :waycool:

~Charles Legend

Green Lanturn
17th January 2007, 07:36 PM
Damn Dan, I remember hanging around with you way back when before ASB got overhauled...it was fun, and Im sorry to see you go. I honestly cant blame you, as I myself have left on occassion or so, but alas I return every now and then.

Take care, mate!

~GL

Pichu Luver
17th January 2007, 07:39 PM
Hey dude, sorry to see ya go. The others may be sorry they have never battled you, but I am of the firm conviction had I ever battled you, I would have had my arse handed to me. Lol, I reffed most of one match of your's and you were verrrry sneaky. Simple in the tricksieness but very effective. *nods and looks like she knows what she's talking about* :D

I think I've been here about a year now and you have done a very fine job modding while I have hung about. *thumbs up* The auction idea is a cool idea, but I curses my luck to only have two points at the moment. *arrrrrrrrrg matey!*

Here's to ya dude. *cheers*

MeLoVeGhOsTs
18th January 2007, 10:51 AM
Hey, a sad thing indeed. Still I'd like to thank for helping this place be a nice ASB and making all my banners.

To bad I'll never see the end of the Mod Vs Mod battle..

Vermillion
18th January 2007, 12:05 PM
Good luck dude, maybe we'll chat some time.