PDA

View Full Version : "New Pokemon" to be revealed next month

Jeff
17th January 2007, 09:37 PM
According to Serebii (http://www.serebii.net) (news item on main page), Coro Coro has announced that they will reveal a new pokemon that will be featured in the upcoming movie.

Following the pattern of pokemon appearances in movies, movie #1 was the first to feature GS pokemon (although Togepi and Marril had already been revealed through the show), movie #4 was the first to feature RS pokemon (including Wailmer and Kecleon), and movie #7 was the first to feature a DP pokemon (Munchlax). Since this movie will be the 10th it stands to reason that this pokemon will be from the 5th generation. Then again the patterns have slowed down, since by another pattern I pointed out in an old thread suggested that Lucario would be a legendary. It could very well be, as Serebii suggested, that the "new pokemon" that will be revealed could just be the official unveiling of one of the 3 unobtainables (Darkrai, Sheimi, and Aruseus). To me it just seems too soon to be revealing 5th-gen pokemon. So what does everyone else think?

mr_pikachu
17th January 2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, the timing seems way off to be generation 5. Considering that DP just came out, getting people excited about the future now seems like a bad marketing strategy that would draw focus away from their hot sellers. Further, by the time they release the new games, the excitement over the new Pokemon will have faded - two generations would have been weakened for the price of one revelation!

It's more likely that the next-gen Pokemon will be revealed in the 11th or 12th movie, methinks.

classy_cat18
17th January 2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe it'll be like Mew. Mew wasn't very official when the games and anime were first released. It was in the first season's opening and later available in the games via special events, but it wasn't in the Pokerap and no one really knew its name until the first movie was announced.

EDIT: I forgot about the journals found on Cinnabar, so don't throw stuff at me.

Pokemaster Ash
17th January 2007, 10:30 PM
I sure hope they're not starting on a 5th gen. Personally Nintendo should quit thinking of new Pokémon after the....weird 4th gen. It's obvious they're starting to run out of ideas (especially since so many of the 4th gen are evos/pre-evos). Besides, it's already a tough enough task to catch 'em all at this point with 493. Going over 500 would be too much, in my opinion.

Jeff
14th February 2007, 08:56 AM
Well, the new pokemon has been revealed, it's *drumroll*...... Darkrai!

Yeah, one we already knew about. But surprisingly it's not Aruseus as many people assumed. I guess considering Darkrai is first in the Pokedex among the unobtainables they were planning on releasing it first. So I guess Sheimi is next, then Aruseus.

Ash_of_pallet_town
16th March 2007, 10:45 PM
I agree with Pokemaster Ash. The 4th gen pokemon arent up to the standers of pokemon fans world wide. And if they go to high then the game looses some of its fun. Because you cant "Catch 'em All". As it is you need to waist like 500 houres on almost all of the games to "Catch 'em All".