View Full Version : yaGvAb - Ref: Hypotenuse Man

Wolfsong
18th January 2007, 04:37 PM
3-3 (one out at a time)
I choose first.
You attack first.
DQ: 1 week
Banned moves: Attract and rest.
Arena: How about: The roof of the Daily Planet. Lois and Clark (as played by Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/WolsongsWilderness/landcseason4.jpg)) are writing an article on the battle. Since this is a battle on the roof, ground moves will not work. Also if any of the pokemon's attacks hit either Lois or Clark, there will be a 2% health penalty. If a pokemon falls off of a roof, Clark will pull a disappearing act and superman (Also played by dean cain (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/WolsongsWilderness/HOL112.jpg) in the series) will rescue the pokemon that fell. However, the pokemon that fell will take a 10% health penalty.

I choose my female delcatty Aiko

Any takers?

Lady Vulpix
18th January 2007, 05:13 PM
Wow, that's quite an unusual setting. I don't have any evolved pokemon yet (I'd have one if I weren't stuck in a ref-less battle), nor much experience with ASB, but I could give this a try, if you agree.

Wolfsong
18th January 2007, 05:37 PM
It's fine with me. *grins* should be interesting. And don't worry i have some unevolved team members as well.

Mega Horny
18th January 2007, 07:42 PM
I guess I'll ref.

Lady Vulpix
18th January 2007, 07:43 PM
I agree, it should be interesting. :)

We have a ref already? Wow, that was fast! Thanks, Mega Horny!

Ok, I think this is a good time to see how the Absol I got from Chris 2.0 fares. His name is Nobaru. Note that I never thought I'd train an Absol, here or anywhere, but I'm not one to turn down a well-intended gift so instead I'll rise to the challenge.

So Nobaru will start out with a Double Team, then Calm Mind, and then he'll shoot an Ice Beam at Aiko.

Wolfsong
18th January 2007, 08:22 PM
All right, Aiko let's do this. I want you to use shock wave after Nobaru uses double team. Then, I want you to use psych up. Finally, finish up with water pulse

Shock Wave ~ Psych Up ~ Water Pulse

Mega Horny
19th January 2007, 03:40 PM
Crap. My parents planned a surprise trip for me and my friends. I would have planned differently if i knew. Im leaving now, and ill be back on mondayish. Sorry.

Lady Vulpix
19th January 2007, 03:59 PM
Ah... Ok, have a nice trip! I guess we'll be waiting here.

Mega Horny
21st January 2007, 01:10 PM
im really sorry to let you down, and i understand I made a commitment as a ref, but ive got some stuff goin on, and I just cant ref for ya. Truly sorry.

The Blue Avenger
21st January 2007, 01:31 PM
If you guys want, I can pick up reffing for this.

Wolfsong
21st January 2007, 01:46 PM
It's fine witih me.

The Blue Avenger
22nd January 2007, 09:14 AM
(Assuming this is okay with Gabi. If not, lemme know.)

Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!
Arena: The Daily Planet!
Referee: Hypotenuse Man!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Ready to go
Moves: Shock Wave ~ Psych Up ~ Water Pulse

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Raring for a fight
Moves: Double Team ~ Calm Mind ~ Ice Beam

Arena status: Calm

~Round 1... go!~

The wind whips harshly around the roof of the famed Daily Planet. Two mild-mannered reporters stand on the sidelines as the two trainers step up: one releases a purring Delcatty, while the other calls out a glaring Absol. The two Pokemon stare at each other as the trainers give their commands.
Nobaru kicks things off by splitting into 5 completely identical Absol, each one giving Aiko a fierce stare. Aiko, however, isn't shaken, and releases a bolt of electricity. The lightning immediately homes in on the right target and zaps Nobaru, the shock causing the rest of the clones to disappear. (-6% HP Nobaru, -5% EN Nobaru, -5% EN Aiko)
Frowning, Nobaru moves on to his next tactic. He closes his eyes and focuses, taking deep, cleansing breaths. The Absol can feel his mental prowess increasing, but unbeknownst to him, Aiko is probing his mind and gaining the same powerup. Nobaru opens his eyes and sees Aiko grinning at him in a way he doesn't like at all. (-4% EN Nobaru, -6% EN Aiko)
Nobaru finishes by collected a ball of ice energy in his mouth as Aiko does the same with water. They both spit their respective beams at each other simultaneously, one using a frigid ray of ice, the other using a glowing blue jet of water. The Ice Beam easily overpowers the Water Pulse, breaking through it and striking Aiko. However, the power is weakened due to the Water Pulse. (-7% HP Aiko, -7% EN Nobaru, -5% EN Aiko)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 93% | EN: 84% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, cold

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 94% | EN: 84% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted

Arena status: Calm

---

Mkay, Amy attacks first, followed by Gabi.

Wolfsong
22nd January 2007, 09:37 AM
I don't have much time so I will try to be quick. All right Aiko, I want you to start out with safeguard. Next, I want you to use secret power and finish wtih another shock wave.

Safeguard ~ Secret Power ~ Shock Wave

Lady Vulpix
22nd January 2007, 02:11 PM
Nobaru, Taunt Aiko to break her concentration. If you manage to stop her Safeguard, then Bite her and use Toxic. Otherwise Protect yourself and then hit Aiko with a Thunderbolt.

The Blue Avenger
25th January 2007, 08:05 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 93% | EN: 84% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, cold
Attacks: Safeguard ~ Secret Power ~ Shockwave

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 94% | EN: 84% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted
Attacks: Taunt ~ Bite ~ Toxic

Arena: Calm

~Round 2... go!~

Nobaru leaps into action this round, sticking out his tongue, leering at Aiko, and wrapping the whole display up with the insinuation that Aiko's mother is a prostitute. Aiko, understandably, is rather perturbed, and finds herself angry enough that she cannot focus at all on her command. As such, the Safeguard remains un-put-up. Yeah. (-2% EN Nobaru)
Aiko frowns and leaps at Nobaru, savaging clawing at the Absol with the mysterious power of the environment. After a moment, Aiko backs off, and Nobaru sees his chance. He sinks his fangs into Aiko's shoulder, causing the Delcatty to yelp in pain. However, Nobaru can't shake the feeling that something's wrong... he feels slower for some reason. Suddenly, it comes to him - the Secret Power has induced partial paralysis. (-7% HP Nobaru, -6% HP Aiko, -5% EN Aiko, -4% EN Nobaru)
As Nobaru releases his hold, Aiko scowls and lets loose a deceptively quick bolt of lightning. It zips through the air and fries Nobaru, who howls in response. However, neither the Shock Wave nor the paralysis deter him from coughing up a hideous, oozing ball of toxic muck, sending it flying straight at Aiko. She winces as the Toxic hits her. (-6% EN Aiko, -5% EN Aiko, -5% EN Nobaru)
As the round ends, the poison begins its crusade of pain upon Aiko. (-2% HP)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 85% | EN: 74% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Taunted, badly poisoned (-4% HP next round)

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 81% | EN: 75% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed

Arena: Calm

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
28th January 2007, 09:53 AM
Alright, Nobaru, use Facade now, then Icy Wind and finally Thunderbolt.

Wolfsong
28th January 2007, 10:57 AM
All right, Aiko I want you to start with double team. next, I want you to use Heal bell. Finally finish with ice beam.

Double Team ~ Heal Bell ~ Ice Beam

The Blue Avenger
1st February 2007, 08:30 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 85% | EN: 74% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Taunted, badly poisoned (-4% HP next round)
Attacks: Double Team ~ Heal Bell ~ Ice Beam

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 81% | EN: 75% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed
Attacks: Facade ~ Icy Wind ~ Thunderbolt

~Round 3... go!~

As this round begins, Aiko closes her eyes... but nothing happens. the Taunt is still in effect. Nobaru chuckles, and despite his paralysis, he charges at Aiko, glowing a faint yellow. He impacts hard and bounces back, snickering, despite the energy loss associated with such a powerful attack. (-14% HP Aiko, -11% EN Nobaru)
Aiko continues to play defensively: her next move consists of closing her eyes and focusing. Unfortunately, the Taunt blocks her from doing her command, so she sits there and scowls at her foe. Nobaru scowls and focuses as well. A sharp wind picks up, similarly from nowhere, and it carries with it many tiny icy and snow particles. The wind sweeps across the rooftop and strikes Aiko. (-6% HP Aiko, -4% EN Nobaru)
Finally, Aiko goes in the offensive. She summons an orb of icy energy and lets it fly straight at Nobaru, the ball leaving an icy path like a comet in the air. Nobaru takes the blow stoically and responds likewise with a Thunderbolt, zapping the Delcatty once more. (-9% HP Aiko, -9% HP Nobaru, -7% EN Aiko, -7% EN Nobaru)
As the round ends, the poison keeps eating away at Aiko. (-4% HP Aiko)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 52% | EN: 67% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, mildly Taunted, badly poisoned (-6% HP next round)

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 72% | EN: 53% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed

Mkay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
5th February 2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry about that Aiko, but we can still do this. I want you to start with icy wind. Next, use facade and finally finish with shock wave.

Icy Wind ~ Facade ~ Shock Wave

Lady Vulpix
7th February 2007, 02:28 PM
Nobaru, counter the Icy Wind with a Flamethrower, then Protect yourself from the Facade, and then try a Slash.

The Blue Avenger
8th February 2007, 01:56 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 52% | EN: 67% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, mildly Taunted, badly poisoned (-6% HP next round)
Attacks: Icy Wind ~ Facade ~ Shock Wave

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 72% | EN: 53% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed
Attacks: Flamethrower ~ Protect ~ Slash

~Round 4... go!~

Aiko kicks things off quickly - at least in comparison to the paralyzed Nobaru - and summons a chilled wind that whips through the arena. It blasts straight into the Absol, who reels and finally manages to launch his counter-attack. Nobaru rears his head back and launches a blast of blistering flames that bombard Aiko. (-6% HP Nobaru, -9% HP Aiko, -7% EN Nobaru, -4% EN Aiko)
Aiko frowns and begins to glow an eerie purple. Without warning, she launches herself at Nobaru, but she bounces off: Nobaru managed to erect a protective shield around himself just in time. Nobaru sighs in relief as Aiko skulks back. (-4% EN Aiko, -7% EN Nobaru)
To finish this round, Aiko yowls as she releases a single bolt of electricity. It quickly homes in on Nobaru's position and fries the hapless Absol. This doesn't stop him from jumping at Aiko and swiping at her with a set of razor-sharp claws. (-6% HP Nobaru, -7% HP Aiko, -5% EN Aiko, -5% EN Nobaru)
As the round ends, Aiko feels the familiar sting of poison. (-6% HP Aiko)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 36% | EN: 54% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, badly poisoned (-8% HP next round)

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 60% | EN: 34% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, cold, tiring

Mkay. Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
8th February 2007, 08:00 PM
Alright, Nobaru, you're doing well. You need some more energy now. Try a Swords Dance. Then Slash Aiko twice.

(Swords Dance, Slash, Slash.)

Wolfsong
14th February 2007, 11:48 AM
Sorry it took me a while been busy wtih work and class.

If you aren't taunted anymore i want you to start with heal bell, if still taunted ice beam. Next, I want you to use thunderbolt. Finally, finish with ice beam.

Heal Bell/Ice beam ~ Thunderbolt ~ Ice Beam

The Blue Avenger
20th February 2007, 10:43 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 36% | EN: 54% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, badly poisoned (-8% HP next round)
Attacks: Heal Bell ~ Thunderbolt ~ Ice Beam

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 60% | EN: 34% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, cold, tiring
Attacks: Swords Dance ~ Slash ~ Slash

~Round 5... go!~

A magnificent tolling signals the start of this round. An ethereal bell has appeared above Aiko, and as it chimes, a glowing dust descends down upon the Delcatty. Aiko grins as the poison is purged from her body. Nobaru, however, is not so lucky: the paralysis has kicked in fully, freezing hus muscles and keeping him from moving. (-6% EN Aiko)
Aiko takes her opponent's lack of movement as an open invitation to keep attacking. Electricity crackles over her fur as she begins charging up her vicious Thunderbolt. Finally, Aiko releases it, zapping Nobaru with the powerful lightning attack. Unfortunately, again, Nobaru's paralysis has halted all movement on his part. (-9% HP Nobaru, -7% EN Aiko)
Aiko smirks, and begins focusing her energy for her third attack. An icy orb forms at her mouth, and she fires it with devastating accuracy: the orb leaves a frozen trail in the sky behind it. It hits Nobaru straight on, chilling him to the bone. However, this does not deter him from finally moving and jumping straight at Aiko, swiping at her with his razor-sharp claws. (-9% HP Nobaru, -7% HP Aiko, -7% EN Aiko, -5% EN Nobaru)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 29% | EN: 34% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tiring, scratched up

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 42% | EN: 29% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, cold, tired, frustrated

Mkay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
21st February 2007, 12:47 AM
Nice work Aiko. Now i want you to start with a faint attack iron tail combo. Finally, finsih with another thunderbolt.

Faint Attack iron Tail combo ~ Thunderbolt.

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 10:09 AM
Nobaru, try a Quick Attack before Aiko fades. Then try to Bite her tail and finally use Shock Wave.

The Blue Avenger
1st March 2007, 07:02 PM
Sorry for the wait; I was swamped this week.

Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 29% | EN: 34% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tiring, scratched up

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 42% | EN: 29% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, cold, tired, frustrated

~Round 6... go!~

Nobaru grins as he kicks off this round by dashing across the rooftop and slamming hard into his foe. Or, at least, that's what he would like. In reality, his paralysis has taken hold and prevented him from doing anything. Meanwhile, Aiko has faded away, much like the Cheshire cat of renown. Just as Nobaru wonders where his foe has gone, Aiko reappears behind him and slams her metal-coated tail into the Absol's side. Nobaru groans, but remembers his commands: he sinks his fangs into Aiko's tail once the metallic sheen fades, causing Aiko to yelp in pain. (-10% HP Nobaru, -6% HP Aiko, -11% EN Aiko, -4% EN Nobaru)
Nobaru and Aiko both back up as both of them begin to charge up an electric field. They both fire at the same time and both bolts hit simultaneously, leaving both Nobaru and Aiko sizzling. (-9% HP Nobaru, -6% HP Aiko, -7% EN Aiko, -5% EN Nobaru)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 17% | EN: 16% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tired, scratched up

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 23% | EN: 20% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, tired, frustrated

Mkay. Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
6th March 2007, 11:10 AM
It's ok, Jeff. We're all busy.

Nobaru, try a Faint Attack of your own, then Bite and Slash.

Wolfsong
8th March 2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry, work has kept me busy. I haven't had the time to think much less write or do anything that i wanted to this week. Also despite being my day off i spent the day running errands for mom.

All right Aiko, you've done a good job so far and no matter what happens i'm proud of you. I want you to start by tickling Nobaru. Next, I want you to use water pulse and finally finish with rock smash.

Tickle ~ Water Pulse ~ Rock Smash

The Blue Avenger
18th March 2007, 10:52 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 17% | EN: 16% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tired, scratched up
Attacks: Tickle ~ Water Pulse ~ Rock Smash

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 23% | EN: 20% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, paralyzed, tired, frustrated
Attacks: Faint Attack ~ Bite ~ Slash

~Round 7... go!~

Aiko begins by dashing over to Nobaru. Wasting no time, she begins to tickle the Absol fiercely. Nobaru can do naught but laugh in return, dropping his attack and defensive power in the process. However, this does not hamper his ability to disappear into thin air and tackle Aiko from behind. (-6% HP Aiko, -4% EN Aiko, -4% EN Nobaru)
Aiko scowls and swiftly blasts a powerful jet of water at Nobaru. The water pushes him back, but what really hinders him is his paralysis: it renders him immobile. (-6% HP Nobaru, -5% EN Aiko)
Aiko finishes by charging up power in her paw and punching Nobaru hard. Nobaru flinches as his defenses are dropped once more. As well, his paralysis has kept him from attacking again. (-5% HP Nobaru, -3% EN Aiko)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 11% | EN: 4% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tired, scratched up

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 12% | EN: 16% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Attack dropped, Defense sharply dropped, paralyzed, tired, frustrated

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
19th March 2007, 08:42 AM
Ok, Nobaru, use Swords Dance, then Frustration and finally Faint Attack.

Wolfsong
23rd March 2007, 11:52 AM
Why am i not surprised to find that i was busier on my days off this week than i was when at work. Sorry i didn't reply sooner.

All right Aiko, I want you to start by relaxing. Then use Flash if Nobaru is not affected by paralysis otherwise relax again . Finally finish with shock wave.

Relax ~ Flash/Relax ~ Shock Wave

The Blue Avenger
25th March 2007, 07:56 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 11% | EN: 4% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, tired, scratched up
Attacks: Relax ~ Flash ~ Shock Wave

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 12% | EN: 16% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Attack dropped, Defense sharply dropped, paralyzed, tired, frustrated
Attacks: Swords Dance ~ Frustration ~ Faint Attack

~Round 8... go!~

Aiko begins this round by sitting down and trying to conserve some energy. Meanwhile, Nobaru closes his eyes and focuses his will, ghostly images of swords dancing around him. (+5% EN Aiko, -4% EN Nobaru)
Aiko then waits to see the action of her foe. Nobaru, seeing this, goes ahead with his move. He jumps at Aiko, who releases a blinding Flash, but it's too late: he's already on the right trajectory. He lands practically on Aiko, savagely clawing the cat with fury and frustration. (-11% HP Aiko, -3% EN Aiko, -7% EN Nobaru)
The savage attack was too much for Aiko, and she drops to the floor, unconscious.

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Aiko (female Delcatty)
HP: 0% | EN: 0% | Status: Fainted

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 12% | EN: 5% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Attack boosted, Defense sharply dropped, paralyzed, exhausted, blinded

---

Mkay, Amy sends out and attacks, followed by Gabi attacking.

Wolfsong
30th March 2007, 10:28 AM
I'll send out Dakota male poochyena. All right Dakota, I want you to start with Double team. Then, use rock smash. Finally, finish with howl.

Double Team ~ Rock Smash ~ Howl

Lady Vulpix
5th April 2007, 06:41 AM
Nobaru, use Taunt. Then Detect the Rock Smash and try an Aerial Ace.

The Blue Avenger
1st May 2007, 12:51 PM
Sorry about the wait. ^^;

Gabi versus Amy!
3 v 3!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Cool
Attacks: Double Team ~ Rock Smash ~ Howl

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)
HP: 12% | EN: 5% | Status: Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense boosted, Attack boosted, Defense sharply dropped, paralyzed, exhausted, blinded
Attacks: Taunt ~ Detect ~ Aerial Ace

~Round 9... go!~

To replace the fallen Aiko, out comes a fresh and chipper Poochyena named Dakota. Dakota stares down his foe, the beaten and weary Nobaru. He then smirks and fans out into 5 identical copies, all of which look straight at Nobaru. Nobaru frowns and begins to taunt his foe, making some rather off-color remarks about Dakota's mother and so on. The Dakota clones scowl and fume, falling completely for the Taunt. (-5% EN Aiko, -2% EN Nobaru)
All the Dakotas growl and jump at Nobaru, paws outstretched. At the last moment, however, Nobaru nips just out of the way, cleanly Detecting the hit. This has its consequences though, as the Detect drains the last of Nobaru's health and he falls over, completely unconscious. (-3% EN Nobaru)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 100% | EN: 95% | Status: 4 clones, Taunted

-Team Vulpix-
Nobaru (male Absol)

Mkay, Gabi sends out then attacks, then Amy attacks.

Lady Vulpix
6th May 2007, 09:22 AM
Ok, I'm sending out Shomer, my male Charmander, since he's one of my first pokemon and hasn't had any battle experience yet.

Shomer, use a Double-Team of your own. Then use Secret Power, and then Flamethrower.

Wolfsong
6th May 2007, 10:25 PM
Ok Dakota, let's get to work. First let Shomer use double team then use odor sleuth to sniff him out. Next, I want you to latch onto him with poison fang. Finally, if you don't have any clones use rain dance. However, if you still have clones, I want you to use a secret power of your own.

Odor Sleuth ~ Poison Fang ~ Rain Dance/Secret Power

The Blue Avenger
7th May 2007, 10:16 AM
Oops, guys, I just noticed that I didn't put that Dakota was still Taunted in the post-battle stats. Does this change your commands any?

Wolfsong
7th May 2007, 11:27 AM
yeah it does but not by too much, and don't worry about those things happen. Short and simple this time. Astonish, poison fang, secret power.

Lady Vulpix
7th May 2007, 12:26 PM
It was my turn to post first and I won't take advantage of the fact Amy has posted her update before me. No changes on my side.

The Blue Avenger
23rd May 2007, 10:13 PM
Sorry for the wait. ^^;

Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 100% | EN: 95% | Status: 4 clones, Taunted
Attacks: Astonish ~ Poison Fang ~ Secret Power

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Fired up
Attacks: Double Team ~ Secret Power ~ Flamethrower

~Round 10... go!~

Both Pokemon get off to a quick start this round. Shomer, almost immediately after being released from his Pokeball, mimics Dakota's tactic and fans out into a series of clones. Meanwhile, Dakota darts in and swipes at one of the Shomers with a paw, but he passes right through, destroying a clone. (-5% EN Shomer, -2% EN Dakota)
Shomer then jumps at one of the Dakotas, glowing slightly with the power of the surrounding environment. He, too, plows right through a clone, dissipating it. Dakota grins and jumps at a Shomer, poison dripping from his teeth... but he misses as well, scattering a clone. (-5% EN Shomer, -5% EN Dakota)
Dakota then takes a cue from Shomer and uses Secret Power as well, charging one of the Charmanders whilst glowing. He tackles a clone, obliterating it. Shomer retaliates by breathing a huge stream of fire, and... it hits!

No, I'm just fooling. It, too, strikes a clone. (-5% EN Dakota, -6% EN Shomer)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 100% | EN: 83% | Status: 2 clones, mildly Taunted

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 100% | EN: 84% | Status: 1 clone

Okay, Amy attacks, then Gabi.

Lady Vulpix
24th May 2007, 11:08 AM
Talk about clone wars! No pokemon has managed to hit his opponent! XD

Wolfsong
29th May 2007, 01:32 PM
Sorry it took me a while, rl has been keeping me busy. All right, Dakota, I want you to start with secret power. Next, use shadow ball and finish wtih anohter secret power.

Secret Power ~ Shadow Ball ~ Secret power

Lady Vulpix
30th May 2007, 10:53 AM
Shomer, use another Secret Power to target Dakota or at least get rid of the clones, then Swords Dance and Brick Break.

The Blue Avenger
10th June 2007, 11:34 AM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 100% | EN: 83% | Status: 2 clones, mildly Taunted
Attacks: Secret Power ~ Shadow Ball ~ Secret Power

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 100% | EN: 84% | Status: 1 clone
Attacks: Secret Power ~ Swords Dance ~ Brick Break

~Round 11... go!~

The two Pokemon circle each other, and then dive for each other in the same instant: they both glow slightly as they draw energy from the steel enclosure they're currently battling atop. However, in a manner reminiscent of last round, both of them manage to dive through a clone, leaving Dakota with one clone left and Shomer with none. (-5% EN Shomer, -5% EN Dakota)
Both Pokemon scowl and prepare their next attacks. Shomer performs an intricate dance that boosts his fighting spirit. You can see the affect it has had on the Charmander, leaving him visibly pumped up. However, this does not help him when Dakota launches an ethereal orb of shadowy energy at Shomer. The Shadow Ball hits home, striking Shomer and pushing him back. (-8% HP Shomer, -4% EN Shomer, -6% EN Dakota)
Shomer scowls and rushes in to close combat. He raises his paws and delivers a series of crushing blows, prompting a few howls from his foe, as well as nullifying the one remaining clone. However, this has left him in prime position for Dakota to tackle him. Once again, Dakota glows with energy, but this time, he actually lands the blow. Shomer grimaces as some of the Secret Power's energy is absorbed into him - the energy immediately starts attacking his muscles, paralyzing him. (-7% HP Shomer, -13% HP Dakota, -6% EN Dakota, -5% EN Shomer)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 87% | EN: 66% | Status: Bruised

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 85% | EN: 70% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted

Mkay, Gabi attacks first, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
10th June 2007, 11:42 AM
Ok, Shomer, use Facade, then Secret Power and finally Brick Break.

Wolfsong
10th June 2007, 12:47 PM
Dakota, I want you to start with Shadow Ball. Next, use another secret power of your own finally finish with shadow ball.

Shadow Ball ~ Secret Power ~ Shadow Ball

The Blue Avenger
24th June 2007, 05:02 PM
Erk, sorry.

Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 87% | EN: 66% | Status: Bruised
Attacks: Shadow Ball ~ Secret Power ~ Shadow Ball

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 85% | EN: 70% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted
Attacks: Facade ~ Secret Power ~ Brick Break

~Round 12... go!~

This round begins with a bang: Dakota quickly charges up and subsequently fires a faintly-glowing ball of ethereal energy. The Shadow Ball hits Shomer easily - the Charmander had no hope of dodging with his paralysis in effect. As if to add insult to injury, Shomer's muscles sieze up, preventing him from moving at all. (-8% HP Shomer, -6% EN Dakota)
Dakota then charges at Shomer, headbutting the Charmander viciously whilst slightly yellow. However, this does not come without retribution: Shomer does the exact same thing. This time, the yellow glow sinks into Dakota, paralyzing him as well. (-7% HP Shomer, -11% HP Dakota, -6% EN Shomer, -6% EN Dakota)
Dakota proceeds to snarl and fire another Shadow Ball. It hits once more, but this time Shomer doesn't just sit there: he charges at Dakota and delivers a series of crushing karate chops. (-7% HP Shomer, -13% HP Dakota, -6% EN Dakota, -5% EN Shomer)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 63% | EN: 48% | Status: Bruised, paralyzed

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 63% | EN: 59% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted

Mkay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
30th June 2007, 12:34 AM
Sorry, didn't realize that this had been reffed. ^^;

All right Dakota, I want you to start with heal bell if XD moves or allowed. If they aren't then begin with Double team instead. Next, I want you to use Psych up. Finally finish with shadow ball.

Heal Bell/Double Team ~ Psych Up ~ Shadow Ball

The Blue Avenger
30th June 2007, 02:54 PM
For future reference, XD moves are in fact allowed.

Lady Vulpix
24th July 2007, 05:18 PM
Ok, my apologies here as well. I think I'll take a break from ASB once these 3 battles are done. It's more than I can handle considering my current occupations.

Shomer, start off with a Rock Silde. Then, if Dakota has managed to use Heal Bell, use Toxic. Otherwise use Brick Break. Finish it off with a/another Brick Break.

The Blue Avenger
27th July 2007, 08:20 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 63% | EN: 48% | Status: Bruised, paralyzed
Attacks: Heal Bell ~ Psych Up ~ Shadow Ball

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 63% | EN: 59% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted
Attacks: Rock Slide ~ Toxic ~ Brick Break

~Round 13... go!~

A gentle chiming begins this round: Dakota has summoned a Heal Bell. The ethereal bell hovers over Dakota and coats him with a faint glow. When the glow clears, Dakota looks refreshed; at the very least, he's not paralyzed. Meanwhile, all Shomer can do is sit still and mutter to himself, because his paralysis has kicked in full-on. (-7% EN Dakota)
Dakota grins and closes his eyes. He sends out a psychic probe and finds Shomer's mind. With the utmost precision, Dakota finds Shomer's powerups and copies them. Dakota opens his eyes... and is met by a blob of toxic sludge, courtesy of Shomer. (-6% EN Dakota, -5% EN Shomer)
Dakota scowls and once again fires off what might as well be his signature move: Shadow Ball. Shomer is hit, but that doesn't stop the Charmander from retaliating with a powerful Brick Break. (-8% HP Shomer, -13% HP Dakota, 6% EN Dakota, -5% EN Shomer)
As the round ends, the Toxic begins to hurt Dakota. (-2% HP Dakota)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 48% | EN: 29% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-4% HP next round), tiring

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 55% | EN: 49% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
29th July 2007, 03:16 PM
Well done, Shomer, now try to use Smokescreen to make it harder for Dakota to hit you, then use Flamethrower and finally Brick Break again.

Wolfsong
30th July 2007, 11:03 AM
Dakota, I want you to start with double team. Next, use odor sleuth to pinpoint Shomer and finnish with facade.

Double Team ~ Odor Sleuth ~ Facade

The Blue Avenger
10th August 2007, 10:21 AM
Sorry. I guess I skipped over this accidentally. -_-;;

Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 48% | EN: 29% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-4% HP next round), tiring
Attacks: Double Team ~ Odor Sleuth ~ Facade

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 55% | EN: 49% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted
Attacks: Smokescreen ~ Flamethrower ~ Brick Break

~Round 14... go!~

The round starts off, as it has done for some time, with Dakota. The Poochyena smirks and splits into 5 exact duplicates; Shomer, meanwhile, sighs, knowing that he'll have to deal with Double Team again. However, he doesn't get the chance to at the moment, as Shomer's paralysis flares up again, preventing him from moving. (-5% EN Dakota)
Dakota then begins to sniff around the arena; his orders were to use Odor Sleuth, but Shomer is in plain sight, and Odor Sleuth confirms that. Dakota performs the Poochyena equivalent of a shrug; at least now he knows specifically where Shomer is. Speaking of Shomer, the Charmander lets loose with a huge gout of flame. The Flamethrower speeds across the arena... neatly destroying a clone. Whoops. (-3% EN Dakota, -6% EN Shomer)
Without a pause in between, Dakota charges at Shomer, the poison seething within him providing fuel for the Facade. The attack hits, causing Shomer to reel, but the Charmander almost immediately launches a counterattack. He launches himself at a Poochyena, intent on Breaking its Bricks... but he chose a clone and falls right through. (-14% HP Shomer, -8% EN Dakota, -3% EN Shomer)
As the round ends, Dakota's poison surges, causing him pain. (-4% HP Dakota)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 44% | EN: 13% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-6% HP next round), exhausted

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 41% | EN: 40% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring

Okay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
16th August 2007, 11:54 PM
No worries. Also an apology on my part. Sorry it took me so long to post rl and work have been keeping me super busy lately. Dakota, start with another facade. Then, relax for the rest of the time. However, if Shomer comes at you on the last action with an attacking move use sucker punch.

Facade ~ Relax ~ Relax/Sucker Punch

Lady Vulpix
17th August 2007, 02:39 PM
Shomer, I want you to use Flamethrower to slow down Dakota's advances, then attack him with Brick Break again and try to use Smokescreen once more.

The Blue Avenger
19th August 2007, 09:07 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 44% | EN: 13% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-6% HP next round), exhausted
Attacks: Facade ~ Relax ~ Relax

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 41% | EN: 40% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring
Attacks: Flamethrower ~ Brick Break ~ Smokescreen

~Round 15... go!~

Dakota gets off to a fast start and rushes Shomer. Shomer begins to respond in turn by preparing a Flamethrower, but his paralysis slows him down a bit. However, Shomer does manage to launch the fire attack before Dakota hits, slowing the Poochyena slightly, but the Facade hits nonetheless. (-9% HP Dakota, -12% HP Shomer, -6% EN Shomer, -8% EN Dakota)
Dakota proceeds to sit on the ground, taking a moment for a breather. Shomer sees his chance and pounds Dakota with a brutal Brick Break, prompting a squeal from the Poochyena. (-13% HP Dakota, +5% EN Dakota, -6% EN Shomer)
To finish off this round, Dakota continues to chill, as Shomer spits out a stream of smoke that surrounds Dakota. Dakota coughs, unable to see his foe. (+5% EN Dakota, -3% EN Shomer)
Dakota yelps as the poison saps his health. (-6% HP Dakota)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 17% | EN: 15% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-8% HP next round), exhausted, surrounded by Smokescreen (accuracy lowered)

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 29% | EN: 25% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
19th August 2007, 09:30 PM
You're doing well, Shomer. Now we'll try something different. If Dakota goes on the offensive again, absorb the attack and then release it using Bide. Otherwise just relax and regain your energy.

After that, if you have the chance, use Brick Break again and, if there's still time, try another Brick Break.

That is: if Dakota starts off with an offensive attack, Bide - Brick Break / Bide / Release - Brick Break / Release (I don't know how long Bide takes).
Otherwise, Relax - Brick Break - Brick Break.

Wolfsong
20th August 2007, 12:45 AM
Dakota, let's use the smokescreen to our advantage for as long as it is around. If you can't see the charmander then there's a good chance he can't see you. So, I want you to move to a spot a little further off and relax. Next, I want you to double team. Finally relax unless Shomer comes in range in which case hit him hard with an iron tal.

Relax ~ Double Team ~ Relax/Iron Tail

The Blue Avenger
26th August 2007, 08:41 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 17% | EN: 15% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-8% HP next round), exhausted, surrounded by Smokescreen (accuracy lowered)
Attacks: Relax ~ Double Team ~ Relax

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 29% | EN: 25% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring
Attacks: Bide ~ Bide ~ Release

~Round 16... go!~

This round begins very simply: Dakota chills inside his little cloud of smoke, while Shomer tenses himself up and prepares to receive an attack. But because Dakota isn't doing anything, Shomer winds up doing a whole lotta nothing. (+5% EN Dakota)
While Shomer continues to Bide his time, Dakota tries to fan out in a series of clones. However, the clones disappear as soon as he summons them: the Smokescreen surrounding Dakota passes through the clones, preventing them from keeping form. (-5% EN Dakota)
Shomer sighs and is forced to release his Bide - again, a whole lotta nothin'. Dakota just relaxes anyway. (+5% EN Dakota)
Dakota winces as the poison attacks. (-8% HP Dakota) The Smokescreen begins to blow away, although most of it remains.

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 9% | EN: 20% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-10% HP next round), exhausted, surrounded by a slightly weaker Smokescreen (accuracy lowered)

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 29% | EN: 25% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring, irritated that Bide failed

Mkay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
1st September 2007, 10:45 AM
Sorry that it took me a while, but work has been crazy. Hmmm... Dakota use odor Sleuth to pinpoint Shomer. Then use faint attack to sneak up and finish wtih poison fang.

Odor Sleuth ~ Faint Attack ~ Poison Fang

Lady Vulpix
1st September 2007, 03:40 PM
Shomer, use Flamethrower, then relax, and Protect yourself from the Poison Fang. The poison should do the rest.

The Blue Avenger
3rd September 2007, 10:54 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 2!

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)
HP: 9% | EN: 20% | Status: Bruised, attack sharply boosted, badly poisoned (-10% HP next round), exhausted, surrounded by a slightly weaker Smokescreen (accuracy lowered)
Attacks: Odor Sleuth ~ Faint Attack ~ Poison Fang

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 29% | EN: 25% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring, irritated that Bide failed
Attacks: Flamethrower ~ Relax ~ Protect

~Round 17... go!~

Dakota begins this round by sniffing eagerly at the ground. Soon, he picks up Shomer's scent and makes his way out of the Smokescreen. Shomer, meanwhile, tries to use Flamethrower, but his muscles lock up, preventing him from moving. (-3% EN Dakota)
Dakota grins, pleased, and disappears into the shadows. Shomer ignores him and begins to relax. He's rudely interrupted, though, when Dakota reappears and charges him head-on. (-10% HP Shomer, -4% EN Dakota, +5% EN Shomer)
Dakota charges at Shomer once more, but this time, he bounces straight off a protective shield that Shomer managed to erect just in time. (-2% EN Dakota, -7% EN Shomer)
As the round ends, the poison flares up once more, dealing Dakota just enough damage to knock him unconscious. []i(-10% HP Dakota)[/i]

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Dakota (male Poochyena)

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 19% | EN: 23% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring

Mkay, Amy sends out, then Gabi attacks, then Amy attacks.

Wolfsong
5th September 2007, 11:43 PM
While my connection is cooperating, here i am.

I choose Stella my female shiny Bagon

Lady Vulpix
9th September 2007, 05:55 PM
Alright, Shomer. Start off with Toxic, then use Dragon Claw and finally Dragon Rush.

Wolfsong
13th September 2007, 11:22 PM
Stella, hopefully Shomer's paralysis will take effect. If it does and he is unable to move just relax. Otherwise Double Team. Follow that up with Twister and finally finish with brick Break.

Relax/Double Team ~ Twister ~ Brick Break

The Blue Avenger
17th September 2007, 10:58 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
2 v 1!

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: A-OK
Attacks: Double Team ~ Twister ~ Brick Break

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)
HP: 19% | EN: 23% | Status: Paralyzed, attack sharply boosted, tiring
Attacks: Toxic ~ Dragon Claw ~ Dragon Rush

~Round 28... go!~

The round begins as Dakota is recalled, only to be replaced by a Bagon, whose skin flashes in the sunlight. Stella adopts a defensive stance for the moment, waiting her foe's move. Shomer obliges and spits out a glob of toxic goo, firing it at Stella; at the last moment, Stella fans out into a line of clones. The toxic falls harmlessly through one of the clones, and Stella smirks. (-5% EN Shomer, -5% EN Stella)
Next, Stella prays to the weather gods to smite her foe. The prayer seems to work; a twister appears out of nowhere and rips across the rooftop. It picks Shomer up and tosses him around; the force is enough to send him off the side of the building... in the blink of an eye, one of the spectators is gone and a man in a cape and a spandex suit flies up, holding Shomer. He deposits the shaken Charmander on the roof once more. Shomer shakes his head and charges Stella, his claws glowing with ethereal light; however, his attack once more passes through a clone. (-14% HP [-10% for falling] Shomer, -6% EN Shomer, -4% EN Stella)
Stella grins and dashes at Shomer. With crushing precision, she judo-chops the Charmander several times, sending Shoomer skidding back, completely unconscious. (-5% HP Shomer, -6% EN Stella)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 100% | EN: 85% | Status: 2 clones remaining, confident

-Team Vulpix-
Shomer (male Charmander)

Mkay, Gabi sends out, Amy attacks, Gabi attacks.

Lady Vulpix
18th September 2007, 07:54 AM
Aw, poor Shomer. Ok, I guess it's time for Gippal to come to the rescue.

Gippal is the shiny male Mudkip I got from Sierra, and this is his first battle. :)

Wolfsong
22nd September 2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry that it took me a while, rl keeping me busy.

Nice work Stella. Now, start with dragon rush. THen for a little randomness try out hidden power. Finally finnish with secret power.

Dragon Rush ~ Hidden Power ~ Secret Power

Lady Vulpix
22nd September 2007, 03:57 PM
Gippal, use Toxic, then Captivate and finally Ice Beam.

By the way, which moves are considered Special and which ones Physical? Is it like DP, like the previous games, or something else entirely?

The Blue Avenger
22nd September 2007, 05:48 PM
I ref that it's like DP.

The Blue Avenger
23rd September 2007, 09:08 PM
Gabi versus Amy!
1 v 1!

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 100% | EN: 85% | Status: 2 clones remaining, confident
Moves: Dragon Rush ~ Hidden Power ~ Secret Power

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Chipper
Moves: Toxic ~ Captivate ~ Ice Beam

~Round 29... go!~

Stella begins this round with a bang: cloaking herself in draconic energy, she charges at the newly-sent-out Gippal. Gippal tries to defend himself by spitting a blob of toxic sludge at her, but Stella doesn't seem to notice. She plows right through and tackles the Mudkip, knocking him back. However, the poison does affect her, seeping into her bloodstream and infecting her. Additionally, since Gippal hit the true Stella, her clones disappear. (-10% HP Gippal, -5% EN Gippal, -7% EN Stella)
As Stella begins to feel the twinges of poison-caused pain in her body, Gippal looks straight into her eyes and catches her attention. Stella begins to feel more and more captivated by the second. Eventually, she breaks out of it, but the lingering thoughts of the captivation may cause her to pull some punches in the future. Stella shakes her head and focuses on a hidden power within; immediately, a series of pink orbs appear and fly at Gippal. Gippal whines as they impact with him, hurting him more. (-4% HP Gippal, -5% EN Stella, -4% EN Gippal)
Gippal shakes off the pain and smirks. Barely pausing at all, he gathers a collection of ice energy at his mouth and fires it straight at Stella. The Ice Beam hits home, but it isn't enough to stop Stella from rushing Gippal again. Glowing with a Secret Power, Stella plows into Gippal. Unluckily for Gippal and his trainer, the attack manages to once more paralyze its target. (-7% HP Gippal, -11% HP Stella, -7% EN Gippal, 6% EN Stella)
As the round ends, the poison begins to take its toll. (-2% HP Stella)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 87% | EN: 67% | Status: Frosty, Captivated (Sp. Atk sharply dropped for duration of effect), badly poisoned (4% HP next round), Hidden Power is Psychic type

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 79% | EN: 84% | Status: Paralyzed

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.

Lady Vulpix
24th September 2007, 03:05 PM
Ah, no, we're not having that again. Gippal, refresh yourself. Then shoot another Ice Beam... and try a Hidden Power to see what comes up. But if Refresh doesn't work or if you get paralyzed again, or poisoned, then use Facade followed by Ice Beam instead of Hidden Power.

That is: Refresh ~ Ice Beam/Facade ~ Hidden Power/Ice Beam

Wolfsong
28th September 2007, 01:41 PM
Stella, Mimic that refresh. If it takes one action to both mimic and use it, follow that up with another twister. However if it takes two actions, then use the mimiced refresh. Finally finish with shadow claw.

Mimic ~ Twister/use mimiced refresh ~ Shadow Claw

The Blue Avenger
7th October 2007, 09:18 PM
Busy busy week. >_>

Gabi versus Amy!
1 v 1!

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 87% | EN: 67% | Status: Frosty, Captivated (Sp. Atk sharply dropped for duration of effect), badly poisoned (4% HP next round), Hidden Power is Psychic type
Attacks: Mimic ~ Refresh ~ Shadow Claw

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 79% | EN: 84% | Status: Paralyzed
Attacks: Refresh ~ Ice Beam ~ Hidden Power

~Round 30... go!~

Stella begins by biding her time and waiting for Gippal to make his move. As her trainer predicted, Gippal begins with Refresh - the Mudkip focuses and sheds an aura of light. As a result, the paralysis attacking his muscles is purged. Stella then fixes her eyes on Gippal and a beam of light travels between the two; the end result is that Stella learns Refresh. (-7% EN Gippal, -3% EN Stella)
Gippal continues on by firing a ray of ice and snow at Stella. Stella makes no attempt to dodge, and so the attack hits home. Instead, Stella focuses, and much like Gippal, purges her body of status ailments. (-11% HP Stella, -7% EN Stella, -7% EN Gippal)
Stella begins to charge up a dark aura around her claws and charges at Gippal. Gippal, meanwhile, closes his eyes and summons a series of black orbs. Stella's Shadow Claw tears into Gippal, but Gippal retaliates by firing the Hidden Power right back. (-7% HP Gippal, -7% HP Stella, -5% EN Gippal, -5% EN Stella)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 69% | EN: 52% | Status: Mostly Captivated (Sp. Atk sharply dropped for duration of effect), Hidden Power is Psychic type, knows Refresh

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 72% | EN: 65% | Status: Hidden Power is Dark type

Mkay, Amy, then Gabi.

Wolfsong
13th October 2007, 11:09 PM
Sorry it took me a while. I'm really busy myself with a project due wednesday.

Let's see. Start with Twister, then follow that up with a shadow claw and dragon claw.

Twister ~ Shadow Claw ~ Dragon Claw

Lady Vulpix
14th October 2007, 08:54 AM
Good luck with your project, Amy!

Gippal, counter the Twister with a Blizzard. Then use Water Pulse, and respond to the Dragon Claw with Counter (Dragon Claw is physical according to the online pokedexes).

The Blue Avenger
4th November 2007, 12:01 PM
Sorry 'bout that. P:

Gabi versus Amy!
1 v 1!

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 69% | EN: 52% | Status: Mostly Captivated (Sp. Atk sharply dropped for duration of effect), Hidden Power is Psychic type, knows Refresh
Attacks: Twister ~ Shadow Claw ~ Dragon Claw

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 72% | EN: 65% | Status: Hidden Power is Dark type
Attacks: Blizzard ~ Water Pulse ~ Counter

~Round 31... go!~

Stella starts this round by summoning a ferocious tornado that descends form the sky. It heads straight at Gippal, but the Mudkip isn't taking that sitting down: he, too, summons his own windstorm. This one, however, is more powerful and carrying snow and ice to boot, so it easily rips through the Twister in order to hit Stella. Stella shivers as the Blizzard dies down. (-14% HP Stella, -4% EN Stella, -10% EN Gippal)
Stella frowns and charges at Gippal; however, the Mudkip is yet again prepared. He spits out a jet of strangely-glowing water at the oncoming Bagon; however, it doesn't seem to faze Stella much as she runs through it to slash at Gippal with a merciless Shadow Claw. (-4% HP Stella, -7% HP Gippal, -5% EN Gippal, -5% EN Stella)
Smirking, Stella once more claws at Gippal, who takes the blow stoically. When Stella finishes, though, Gippal glows an odd shade of orange and savagely tackles the Bagon, dealing the damage from the Dragon Claw straight back, plus a little more. (-8% HP Gippal, -10% HP Stella, -5% EN Stella, -5% EN Gippal)

~End!~

-Team Wolf-
Stella (female Bagon)
HP: 41% | EN: 38% | Status: A little Captivated (Sp. Atk sharply dropped for duration of effect), Hidden Power is Psychic type, knows Refresh

-Team Vulpix-
Gippal (male Mudkip)
HP: 57% | EN: 43% | Status: Hidden Power is Dark type

Mkay, Gabi, then Amy.