PDA

View Full Version : Chris 2.0 VS Negrek - Ref Crystal Tears

Chris 2.1
19th January 2007, 04:04 PM
2 Pokemon each
1 out at a time
You send out first, I attack first
Banned moves: Direct Healers
Arena: Wild, Wild River. It's a very curved, wide river that sweeps through the middle of a dense jungle. It is very hot here and there is a lot of plantlife all around. It is very plausible some of the very large, fat plants will release toxins when they burst:
Yellow Toxin: Paralyses all who breath it
Purple Toxin: Poisons all who breath it (standard 2% each round)
Blue Toxin: Ensnares all who breath it into slumber
Black Toxin: Causes larger energy consumption for about 5 rounds.

The river can be used for battling; there is the firm but damaged remenants of a jetty halfway across the length of the raging rapids; underwater is also used for duels.

So lets have a ref! And an opponent please.

Negrek
19th January 2007, 06:16 PM
I'll battle you, if you'd like. Using Heliotrope, my male shiny spheal.

Chris 2.1
19th January 2007, 06:44 PM
Sure! I'll use Spiros my [M] Carvanha. Go Spiros! First use a double team across the river; next use take down and end with a crunch.

Negrek
19th January 2007, 07:34 PM
Let's begin, Heliotrope. Start off by using a widespread surf to knock out Spiros' clones and wash the carvanha himself up onto the shore. He's rather fishy-looking to me, so I doubt he'll have the mobility to work up the speed for a good take down attack while flopping around on land, if attacking even remains a major concern at all. If he does manage to work up a take down, counter by getting onto shore yourself and using rollout, or prevent him from getting back in the water by slamming into him and knocking him away with the same. If he can only flop around and gasp a bit, instead use a curse.

Finally, I doubt that Spiros will be able to get a grip on you with his teeth while you're spinning in a rollout, so continue or begin using that attack if he approaches you with the intent of crunching or, again, knock him away from the water if necessary. If he still isn't able to move in for an attack, blast him farther into the jungle with a secret power.

Surf (widespread, wash Spiros onto land) ~ Rollout (counter take down or prevent return to water) / Curse ~ Rollout (counter crunch or prevent return to water) / Secret Power

Now we really need a ref. ^^

Chris 2.1
27th January 2007, 05:35 PM
Ref anyone?

Chris 2.1
2nd February 2007, 02:20 PM
bump.......ref anyone?

Crystal Tears
2nd February 2007, 04:10 PM
May I ref this? One of my matches is almost done so I can take it.

Chris 2.1
2nd February 2007, 04:22 PM
Sure, thanks CT.

Crystal Tears
2nd February 2007, 05:48 PM
Heliotrope
Spheal*
Male
100 / 100
(HP / MP)
Surf ~ Rollout ~ Rollout

Spiros
Carvanha
Male
100 / 100
(HP / MP)
Double Team ~ Take Down ~ Crunch

GO!

The humidity of this place was almost unbearable, birdcalls echo in the depths of the jungle along with the random called of a monkey, whether the monkey was a Howler or not, was unknown though...
Waiting in the river is a deadly predator, its jaws, so powerful that they are capable of crushing an Aggron's hide with ease. Sprios, a Carvanha, narrows his eyes as he sees a bubbly little Spheal playing splashing in the water. Yes... Helpless prey, splashing in the river… Taunting the predator, mocking it.
With a sudden flash, a school of Carvanha close in on the Spheal, but, even if this Pokemon is playful. No one should mistake it for being completely helpless…

The water suddenly rises up, a tsunami towers over the fish and suddenly gains momentum. Wisping the clones away and washing poor Spiros on shore. The predator’s eyes suddenly widen as the air that was perfectly abundant in the water has disappeared.

Heliotrope doesn’t seem to mind, he floats there, watching the fish flap around in a panicky frenzy (as take down is unable to perform). Tilting his head slightly, he wonders if he should finish the predator off… Yes, that horrible fish could probably hurt others if he left it alive…
The Spheal sets out to concentrate, his body simply bobbing in the water as sort calming effect flows over its body. The pink skin shines as the new effect helps its hide toughen up, but alas, sacrifices speed.

Spiros is getting his barring now; he turns, flopping towards the water desperately. Heliotrope growls, even with his lowered speed, he faster then a fish out of water. His body begins to spin and suddenly he takes off, speeding down towards the shore.

Now, there was a bit of a fault in Heliotropes plan… Even if the fish is unable to do much out of water, you should never underestimate the power of survival.

As the pink blur careens towards Spiros, the fish gets ready. His teeth are lit aflame with dark energy, and at the last minute, he lashes out.

The bitter taste of blood drips onto the fish’s tongue, and Heliotrope, in horror, turns around, doing desperate circles, slamming the fish repeatedly into the ground before it finally lets go!
Spiros flies through the air, bouncing off the ground twice before he lands in the shallow part of the water. The liquid enters one of his gills and brings some relief to the suffocating fish.

Spheal however, is left a little bit higher up on the sand. Blood is trickling from multiple wounds on his round body.

Violent first round…

END!

Heliotrope
Spheal*
Male
093 / 090
(HP / MP)
Cursed?: Atk. +1, Def. +1, Spd. - 1

Spiros
Carvanha
Male
086 / 090
(HP / MP)

Negrek
6th February 2007, 12:24 PM
(( Many thanks for reffing. ^^ ))

All right, Heliotrope, that could have gone better, but not to worry... let's see, now.

Let's start off by bringing a rock tomb down on top of Spiros; trap him and send him to the bottom of the river. Then, pile further rocks atop Spiros' prison with a pair of rock slides--pin him down good, even if the first rock tomb failed to work.

If Spiros creates clones, again was them away with a surf as before, and if he protects or otherwise seeks to evade your attack, relax an action.

Rock Tomb / Surf (widespread) / Relax ~ Rock Slide / Surf (widespread) / Relax x2

Chris 2.1
6th February 2007, 01:04 PM
Torment it before using agility to dodge the rocks and then fire a swift at the nearest toxin plant to it showers Spheal with some sort of horrible status affliction.

Chris 2.1
14th February 2007, 01:18 PM
Crystal is ill and she is unable to ref very frequently. Is there a chance of us finding a sub-ref please?

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 08:03 AM
Never mind. I forfeit. Negrek we'll do this again another time.

Negrek
1st March 2007, 02:19 PM
Alas... well, later, then.