PDA

View Full Version : QuickTime and iTunes

mr_pikachu
24th January 2007, 09:56 PM
I am totally lost here... I recently updated iTunes, as it's been telling me to do for a long time. Since then, I haven't been able to access iTunes at all, since it claims that I have version 7.0.3 of QuickTime and it requires version 7.1.3 or later to work.

No problem, right? I can just download Quicktime 7.1.3 and everything will be fine. So I do that, try to install the program... and it says I have a newer version on my system already. What the heck?

I checked my files, and I currently have 7.1.3.170. The version I downloaded was 7.1.3.100.

Again, what the heck? Why isn't iTunes functioning properly, and how do I make it work?

(Do what I tell you to do, you dang program!)

Saffire Persian
29th January 2007, 12:31 AM
Does it let you open iTunes at all?

Anyways, your best bet might be to delete the old Quicktime and download and install the one you just did. :/

Strange indeed.

mr_pikachu
29th January 2007, 11:23 AM
Nope, can't open iTunes at all. A little text box just comes up and yells at me.

I'll uninstalling and reinstalling Quicktime, although I'll first copy my list of songs in case they're lost in the transfer. I do not want to have to search for them on my computer... already dealt with enough irritation when my favorites list was deleted from Firefox.

EDIT: Finally copied the list of songs and reinstalled Quicktime... I'm actually surprised that there weren't any problems during the change. It took awhile, but the whole thing works fine now. I only hope that there wasn't some reason to keep the other, newer version. But for the time being, everything is in good shape. Thanks, Saffire!