PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Andrew
31st January 2007, 06:02 AM
A new topic to discuss the delicious intoxicating substance!

If you are going to be a moralistic whore, don't bother posting here.

But, what are your favourite drinks?

I am also planning a boozy weekend, what would you reccomend as a meal plan in order to include alcohol in every meal?

So far I am at:

Cornflakes with Baileys Cream served with an orangejuice and vodka.

Rumballs and a Lemonade and Rum for morning tea

Lunch, Red Wine Lamb with a good port or sherry...

Suggestions?

DarkestLight
31st January 2007, 06:58 AM
Hrm. Well let's see.

I really only drink like a fish when I'm out at night, so I can only tell you mix drinks.

But definitly a Long Island for Lunch, that'll really make the rest of the day easier.

Could always go for a Talus Pinot Noir for the wine-I don't really know ports-But I do know wine :o.

Silencer
31st January 2007, 09:01 AM
A simple, plain beer.

Belgian beer is the greatest :D. Screw Heiniken (or however you spell it), Jupiler is the best.

dratinihaunter13
31st January 2007, 01:29 PM
I am also planning a boozy weekend, what would you reccomend as a meal plan in order to include alcohol in every meal?

So far I am at:

Cornflakes with Baileys Cream served with an orangejuice and vodka.

Rumballs and a Lemonade and Rum for morning tea

Lunch, Red Wine Lamb with a good port or sherry...

Suggestions?

May I suggest that... you have a drinking problem.

Most of my drinking is straight up beer for beer pong - mainly cuz it's competitive. Don't know much about wine.. fave beer is rolling rock.. as for mixed drinks my fave local bar here has this vodka drink called a scorpion that tastes wonderful. also i been liking some coffee/kahlua drinks too.
favorite hard a: vodka =)

Mega Horny
31st January 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm not really old enough to drink, but I do have wine from time to time, and Borsao is the best i've ever tasted.

PNT510
31st January 2007, 03:45 PM
I would drink, but it's better to piss of my friends by standing on a soap box and telling them I am better than them because I'm Straight Edge. sXe!!!

Blademaster
31st January 2007, 03:50 PM
May I suggest that... you have a drinking problem.

Sounds to me more like he's got a stopping problem. :lol:

Heald
31st January 2007, 05:33 PM
If I was planning an all-day session :

Breakfast - Toast with Brandy Butter, Vodka and Orange Juice and an Irish Coffee.

Elevenses - Red Bull/Irn Bru and Vodka/Jagermeister

Lunch - Melon with Port followed by Beef in Ale with a beer or Red Wine

Afternoon Tea - Lemonade and Pimm's

Dinner - Chicken in White Wine Sauce with Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay

Evening - A Brandy, Whiskey or Irish Coffee

Evening Palour Games - Beer with Vodka/Schnapps/Tequila shots (taken over the course of the games)

I love being British.

Green_Pikachu
31st January 2007, 08:44 PM
A simple, plain beer.

Belgian beer is the greatest :D. Screw Heiniken (or however you spell it), Jupiler is the best.

more like Chimay.

anyway, i love Southern Comfort. straight. haha.

and, i like Car Bombs. pint of Guinness, and a half shot of Jameson Whiskey/half shot Bailey's. Drop the shot into the pint, and chug. Great drink.

i figured i'd just talk about alcohol in generalities. I have no specific suggestions for your plan, sorry.

Roy Karrde
31st January 2007, 08:45 PM
I'm a Jack and Coke fan, mainly becuase it is my first Alcoholic Beverage and has been the only one that I have had that didnt have that Alcohol taste. Just for some reason I cant stand that taste/smell with it and it just bugs me. I guess I just have to get used to it.

DarkTemplarZero
2nd February 2007, 09:46 PM
Beer is for fat Germans and Americans who can't drink like real men. Vodka and Cognac, now that's the shit. In Soviet Russia, alcohol consumes YOU!!

Yeah I don't really drink much, so I can't help you with your quest, I just had to throw that in there.

Drusilla
2nd February 2007, 10:03 PM
Bacardi, baby! My favorite is Bacardi Superior with Hawaiian Punch... the mango something or other flavor, though any will do. I'll take it with vodka, as well, but Bacardi is by far my favorite!

Speaking of which, I have a liter and a half waiting for me... *sneaks off*

Magmar
2nd February 2007, 10:06 PM
Sex on the beach is my favorite mixed drink... as well as GRATEFUL DEAD... YUM!!!!!

But nevertheless I can never turn down jack and coke, or raspberry flavored Smirnoff vodka with sprite... it's cheap but it's rather amazing, at least i think so and it's my tongue so... don't tell me what to do with it.

.hacker
2nd February 2007, 10:12 PM
I enjoy Asti and any margarita..... ^_^

Vejodi
3rd February 2007, 11:48 PM
At the pub/bar, I usually drink beer. Carlton Draught, the best Australian beer there is. Other times I get a bottle of Jim Beam, Wild Turkey or Jack Daniels, mixing with coke. Or sometimes I just buy the cans.

And it's always fun buying a bottle of Jagermeister and some Red Bull for Jagerbombs.

Master Rudy
4th February 2007, 12:09 AM
Not trying to be the killer of fun times here but most of you are my friends and I must say one thing. Granted bars may serve them but as the son of a former bar manager I do NOT recommend any sort of energy drinks mixed with alcohol. That has potential to be a very deadly mix at times. Many doctors say that's not a mix one should take.

That aside I like them simple. A good old fasioned rum and Coke for a mixed drink. I'm not much of a vodka fan but green apple Bacardi isn't half bad IMO. While I've never tried it myself as another simple drink my mom says burbon and Coke isn't half bad with Kentucky Tavern as the prefered brand if you can get it. However I'm guess that brand won't be very avalible outside of the states. Finally you can never go wrong with a mudslide ^_~

Magmar
4th February 2007, 10:06 AM
YESSS @ Mudslides! Delicious!

If I *have* to drink beer, I just go with bud light.

Heald
4th February 2007, 10:31 AM
Girls.

'Ooh, I don't like beer, the bubbles burn my tongue!'

I can't believe America is the bastard son of England and has some aversion to beer. Must be the French influence.

Over on this side of the big pond, it's beer all the way if you're out on the town. Men drink beer and then move onto rum and whiskey, women stay on their alcopops and cocktails.

Weasel Overlord
4th February 2007, 01:46 PM
Hey hey hey, not ALL girls like alcopops, thank-you-very-much! Give me a nice Jack Daniels and coke with lime cordial any day!

And I'm not averse to a nice real ale too. ^_^

Drusilla
4th February 2007, 01:54 PM
I just don't drink anything carbonated at all... *shrugs* Give me rum any day, though, and I'm happy.

Though I'm also a BIIIG fan of TKE punch... Koolaid, LOTS of sugar, and everclear... oh, yesh... That's what I had last night.

Heald
4th February 2007, 01:56 PM
Hey hey hey, not ALL girls like alcopops, thank-you-very-much! Give me a nice Jack Daniels and coke with lime cordial any day!

And I'm not averse to a nice real ale too. ^_^It's ale! Real ale! With beard and twigs in it!

JD and coke is essentially a cocktail, and I already covered that :P

Plus you're from Leeds, I'm from Kent, so the girls down here are a bunch of sissies compared to yours.

Kris
4th February 2007, 02:24 PM
Being a proper westcountry gal I love nothing more than a pint of Cider :D Even better if its got twigs floating in it and its cloudy, thats a proper cider!!!

Chris 2.1
4th February 2007, 02:46 PM
I love a blowjob

So, what are we talking about?

Anyway JD + Coke = mint. I'll have to try it with Lime :)

(A Blowjob is a cocktail btw. I am not sleazy. Not here anyway.)

Heald
4th February 2007, 04:11 PM
I do recommend people try a Ladyboys. It is usually best done competitively.

Usual Ladyboys combination:

1 pint of lager
1 Bailey's
1 Gin and Tonic

Take a sip of each in a cycle, in that order. Aim to finish all 3 drinks at once (not all in one go, but you just proportionate sips to the size of the drink so all 3 drinks are finished in the same cycle).

Great fun. Costs £4.30 at Wetherspoon's.

Dark Scizor
4th February 2007, 04:24 PM
I do recommend people try a Ladyboys. It is usually best done competitively.

Usual Ladyboys combination:

1 pint of lager
1 Bailey's
1 Gin and Tonic

Take a sip of each in a cycle, in that order. Aim to finish all 3 drinks at once (not all in one go, but you just proportionate sips to the size of the drink so all 3 drinks are finished in the same cycle).

Great fun. Costs £4.30 at Wetherspoon's.

Haven't had a ladyboy in years.

Another mixture, that also involves Bailey's. It's a slight variation on the Irish carbomb if any of you know what that is.

You get a pint glass (or half pint if you don't want that much). Fill it with about 1/4 pint of Whisky, 1/3 Beer (Or Guiness) a dash of gin and top it off with Bailey's. When you pour in the Bailey's, just down it like there's no tomorrow since Bailey's curdles in other drinks.

Drago
6th February 2007, 03:29 AM
B-E-E-R. Screw all other alcoholic drinks, your fancy coloured things, your bizarre mixes and oddities with parasols floating in them, I don't want Marti Gras in a glass, I wanna get pissed.
The kind of beer doesn't really matter to me, particularly after I've had a few. I like a cold filtered Carlton, mostly a Draught every now and then. Haven't had a VB in a while but it's the family's beer of choice.

...On a less manly note, I like Bailey's. Why are all the sweet drinks expensive, huh?

rinni the bard
6th February 2007, 05:06 AM
I love beer. :)
My new favourite is Granville Island Cypress Honey Lager. Gah it's so good.
I also love Kilkenny, Stella Artois, Heineken, Newcastle Brown Ale... I like most dark beers. I try to try a new beer every time I go out.

I don't really like the generic kinds of beers though. Budweiser, Coors, Molson Canadian, Moosehead, do not want.

I also love Caesars, which are Clamato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, and celery salt rimming the glass. I was afraid of them at first but they're delicious and you can drink so much booze in them so easily!

I also like milky sweet drinks, such as Kahlua in milk for example, but I hate all other sweet drinks. Blech.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
6th February 2007, 07:49 AM
I'm not that much of a drinker anymore but I still enjoy a dark lager now and then. My favorites are various liqueurs though, the sweeter the better. Like Baylies or different kinds of advocaat.

Indecent Exposure
6th February 2007, 04:34 PM
Eatin's cheatin', Andrew.

Wild Turkey with a little coke and a slice of lime, with ice. Not that you can get them to do it right in a bar.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
8th February 2007, 06:26 AM
We Finns are big beer people.

But I don't represent my country well because I'm a teetotaller. I have tried only 4 times or something.

I like water, milk (we get 3 different kinds here), tea and Sprite most, I think.

I also drink koffee this days but only to keep myself awake.

midnightangel
21st February 2007, 09:38 AM
I personally don't care for the wimpy wine coolers and alcho-pops either. I prefer rum and Coke, Jack and Cola, or the Jack Daniels with lemonade, fruit punch, etc.

If I can't get that then I'm always up for a beer ;)