PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] What in-game cheats are in Yellow?

Master Chief
3rd February 2007, 06:46 PM
OK, so far i know of only 2.
1: Mew Cheat
2: Missingno (although you can't duplicate items)

if anyone knows of more, please post it on here....this forum has become a serious ghost town.

Master Kirby
3rd February 2007, 08:09 PM
As far as I know, those are the only cheats you can do in RBY.

Why can't you duplicate items with the missingno trick? In Red and Blue, when you do the Missingno trick the 6th item in your list gets multiplied so you have around 127 of that item.

Jeff
3rd February 2007, 08:43 PM
Missingno doesn't appear at Cinnabar in Yellow. The Mew trick, however does work, and you can encounter Missingno that way. I think it does even duplicate items.

Master Kirby
3rd February 2007, 09:04 PM
I never tried multiplying items by seeing missingno during the Mew trick. I don't really know what the cause of the multiplication is, so I don't know if it is purely from seeing Missingno, or if it is from the surfing trick and Missingno together. I guess someone would just have to try it out.

Edit: IT DOES WORK!
I just tried the Mew trick on my Red version until I came accross a Missingno, and the 6th item in my slot was multiplied so that I had over a hundred of them.

You should be able to do this on Yellow. To make the Missingno appear, I had the closest trainer to the right of Fuchia City walk up to me to free my menu, and then I flew back to the escape area right after KOing her last PKMN.

Master Chief
4th February 2007, 05:10 PM
you can see Missingno in Cinnibar by doing the same thing to duplicate items in Blue and Red, but you wont be able to duplicate items in Yellow that way, because i've tried it, and it doesn't work (although i did see Missingno)

Poryhedron
5th February 2007, 09:26 PM
How exactly did you see Missingno. at Cinnabar Island in Yellow? In Red/Blue the trick involved talking to the old man who catches a Weedle in Viridian City, and he was changed in Yellow so that he can't possibly grant access to Missingno. on eastern shores anymore.

Master Chief
8th February 2007, 08:40 AM
ya, that's excatly what happened, the only difference was that you couldnt duplicate items (i tried it with the master ball)

Master Kirby
8th February 2007, 10:25 AM
Multiplying items has nothing to do with surfing. It just happens when you fight Missingno. It just so happens that the surfing trick is a way to encounter Missingno.

What my earlier post was saying was that when you do the Mew Trick, without even needing to go near Cinnabar Island, you can encounter Missingno, and multiply your items there. Since there are only 151 species of pokemon, any of the numbers (the Special stat of the last pokemon you battled before returning to the area in which you performed the Mew Trick) from 0 to 255 that do not coincide with one of these 151 will cause Missingno to appear.