PDA

View Full Version : I challenge Doctor Octillery! (Ref: Saffire Persian)

Mega Horny
5th February 2007, 06:05 PM
You totally copied my Lickitung Idea, but, otherwise, Your team is cool, original and well balanced.

So, lets get this underway.

Rules
4 v.s. 4 single battle
I send out first, you attack first
DQ 2 weeks
Banned Moves: Relax, Toxic, Direct Healing, Substitute, Pain Split, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Endeavor.
Arena: A different arena for each of the four showdowns (arena changes after one of the Pokemon is beaten.)

One: A Large shallow lake surrounded by forest. It is very shallow, allowing most pokemon to freely stand in most areas of it, as well as providing rocks and sandbars for them to stand upon.

Two: The flat top of a tall mountain. A few streams are trickling down it, but not so that they could accomodate a water Pokemon, and other than the flat top, the rest of the mountain is scraggly and unstable. It is also very windy, so Pokemon that rely on extensions of their body (i.e. vine whip, constrict) for battle will have trouble controlling their attacks.

Three: A series of narrow tunnels within a strong and very stable cavern. some tunnels open to wide grottos, often filled with water, which in turn lead to other parts of the maze. Even attacks like Earthquake won't affect the stable environment.

Four: A large wooden platform very high up in the trees. It is supported by a series of strong ropes, and is surrounded by tall evergreens, which also have bridges and ropes connecting them, as well as small nooks and platforms along their sides, kind of like the village of those little furry whatevers in Star Wars Return of the Jedi.

If anyone is to fall at any point from any arena, then they are transported back to the top with 20% damage.

I'll start off with my male Poliwag, Fröschlein

Dr.Octillery
5th February 2007, 06:18 PM
I accept as soon as I get my team approved

btw you need to help me make a banner for my team once i get it

Mega Horny
5th February 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, you should ask one of the banner makers for that. Saffire Persian makes great banners, but her ASB ones are difficult with a team as large as mine. plus, theyre a bit too flashy, IMHO. Or, you could ask Chris 2.0, who made my banner. RaZoR LeAf also makes great ones, but, he went out of business last time I checked. Also, I can make you an especially spiffy banner, if you wish.

Dr.Octillery
5th February 2007, 08:55 PM
Alright sure, if you would make me a banner thanks

Got my team approved I'll start out with my male remoraid, Gimmel

Alright start off by using rain dance to make the shallow pool start to get deeper. Then use focus energy to tighten your focus and then surf to fire yourself at poliwag like a bullet

Moves= Rain dance~Focus energy~Surf

Mega Horny
5th February 2007, 09:20 PM
Heh, you read the rules. Good job by the way, your first three actions are way better than mine were...What were they again? Something along the lines of "Swords Dance, Swords Dance, Splash"

Anyhoo, alright Fröschlein, use icy wind to freeze the droplets after he uses rain dance, and send some shards of ice hailing down on him alone. Then use double team as he uses focus energy (or, if the ref is one of those guys who has rain dance eliminate double team, headbutt Remoraid instead.) Finally, as he speeds at you like a bullet, use psychic to drive him face-first into the ground below. Rain Dance isn't going to increase the water levels that dramatically in one turn, is it?

Icy Wind ~ Double Team ~ Psychic
Subs: Headbutt

Mega Horny
13th February 2007, 06:55 PM
Just so you know, Matt, Saffire Persian has agreed to ref our match. She's busy as of now, but will start reffing our battle a week or so from now. Hope that's alright with you, Shaft.

Saffire Persian
16th March 2007, 06:45 PM
ROUND ONE
Mega Horny vs. Dr.Octillery
OOOO|OOOO

Banned Moves: Relax, Toxic, Direct Healing, Substitute, Pain Split, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Endeavor.

Arena: Lake-- A Large shallow lake surrounded by forest. It is very shallow, allowing most pokemon to freely stand in most areas of it, as well as providing rocks and sandbars for them to stand upon

Stats

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/shiny/060.png
Fröschlein [M] - Mega Horny
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Icywind | Headbutt | Psychic

http://veekun.com/dex-images/rusa/223.png
Gimmel [M] - Dr.Octillery
HP: 100%
EP: 100%
Rain Dance | Focus Energy | Surf

Arena Status: Normal

~Round 1 Begin!~

Within seconds, two opponents simultaneously release their combatants in what looks to be a long four on four battle. Mega Horny's Pokémon, a male Poliwag, dives into the water with a happy splash, while the Dr.'s Remoraid lounges in the water as he looks for his opponent not far down under the water. Another few seconds of respite before the battle are given before each trainer's orders ring out around the otherwise quiet landscape.

At Gimmel's beckoning, it begins to rain. The once sunny sky soon becomes crowded with dark, foreboding clouds, and from them, a harsh, heavy sleet of rain begins to fall, helping up the lake's content for the time being, but for now, nothing substantial. Quite unfettered by the sudden rainstorm, Froschlein quickly swims to the surface, spotting the Remoraid as he summons up a cold, chilly Arctic wind from the north. The cold blast does affect the fish somewhat, but he shakes off the cold, and dives under the water, freezing some of the falling water droplets, but as tiny as they are, they're only very tiny bits of ice, and don't add to the damage toll much - maybe to the annoyance toll, however.

Having had enough of the chill, Gimmel disappears underwater, taking a deep breath and focusing his energy - which is abruptly interrupted by the other water-type's headbutt. Angry that his Focus Energy was interrupted, Gimmel lunges forward, with the whole sea at his back, and indeed, he does dart forward like a Bullet. But the Poliwag has a trick up his proverbial sleeve. Concentrating, the Poliwag releases a thick cloud of Psychic energy, driving the speeding Remoraid backwards through his surf into the water; however, the Poliwag's actions are too slow and too late to stop the momentous wave, and the undercurrent below slams into him, carrying him about twenty feet across the lake before Froschlein is able to come to a stop, winded and surprised, but relatively undamaged.

Post-Round

HP: 94%
EP: 85%

HP: 83%
EP: 86%

Notes:

~ Mega Horny attacks first

Mega Horny
16th March 2007, 07:10 PM
Remoraid's nickname is Gimmel, I believe :)

Regardless of the fact we're both males, I know that Gimmel is secretly a flaming homosexual...so...Lovely Kiss (or Hypnosis, if that won't work, for some unbeknowst reason! Then, if he is sucessfully asleep, use pyschic to throw him ashore! After that, cover him with a Mud Shot from the rain!

If he doesn't fall asleep, use psychic to throw the fish into the air, and intercept with a double edge! (Combo, Volley First Serve)

Dr.Octillery
18th March 2007, 09:42 AM
Ok- before he gets a chance to kiss you, use headbutt to repel him backwards. If he uses hypnosis istead, close your eyes to avoid looking at it. Next use a psycic of your own to hold him in place and then finish off with another bullet surf. If you end up out of the water, use hyper beam to make a channel from where you are to the pool of water.
Moves: Headbutt, Psycic, surf
Subs: Close eyes, Hyper beam

Saffire Persian
25th April 2007, 04:55 PM
Sorry for the wait. : (

ROUND ONE
OOOO|OOOO

Arena: Lake-- A Large shallow lake surrounded by forest. It is very shallow, allowing most pokemon to freely stand in most areas of it, as well as providing rocks and sandbars for them to stand upon

Stats

HP: 94%
EP: 85%
Sweet Kiss ~ Psychic ~ Double-Edge

[color=lightgreen] HP: 83%
EP: 86%
Headbutt - Psychic - Surf

Arena Status: Raining - 2 more rounds.

~Round 1 Begin!~

With the rain falling like no tomorrow, Frosch dives down into the water to search for his Remoraid prey. He's rather disgusted about the new orders, and certainly, Gimmel likely is to. Frosch would also like to protest that Sweet Kiss has nothing to do with homosexuality, rather, it's all about the sleep-inducing liquid produced by the lips that seeps into the opponent's skin upon lip-contact. Of course, if at least one of the party was homosexual, then perhaps the whole Sweet Kiss thing would be easier on at least one side.

For Frosch, though, he'll take a sexy female Politoad, not a dilapidated fish.

Both foes eyes make contact, and Gimmel backs away quite hastily, shooting Frosch a very nasty glare, which Frosch returns as he puckers up and dives down at lightspeed.

Gimmel, now knowing what his opponent is doing, backs up a few more feet, before launching himself forward like a speeding bullet, head lowered and aiming for the stomach. Seconds later, Gimmel makes contact with Frosch's belly, stopping the kiss while sending Frosch somersaulting backwards.

Seconds later, the Poliwag finds himself immobilized by Remoraid's Psychic grip; however, that does not stop him from using a Psychic of his own, lifting the startled fish and flinging him through the water, into the air, breaking Gimmel's Psychic hold.

With no time to lose, Frosch surges upwards, leaping out of the water, and hoping he aimed right. However, aiming in the air is difficult, and instead of battering the Remoraid, he manages to get a face full of Surf as a tidal wave comes rushing at him at Gimmel's beckoning. The attack slams Frosch back into the water, while Gimmel plops back into the lake seconds later.

It still continues to rain.

Post-Round

HP: 79%
EP: 71%

HP: 74%
EP: 69%

Notes:

~ Octillery attacks first

Saffire Persian
21st June 2007, 11:02 PM
Is Dr. Octillery still around?

Mega Horny
22nd June 2007, 11:33 AM
Aye, he must not have seen the new post. I'll inform him tonight.

Dr.Octillery
23rd June 2007, 01:24 PM
Ok gimmel first use thunder wave and then jump out of the water onto land while using charge beam into the entire lake. Finish by jumping back in the water and using supersonic to confuse poliwag.

Mega Horny
24th June 2007, 11:57 AM
A remoraid on land? I don't think so. Jump on land yourself to avoid thunderwave while sending a hidden power back in Gimmel's direction. Then, as he flops out of the water, and give him a mud bomb to remember. Finish with a hypnosis once he's jumped back in.

Saffire Persian
9th July 2007, 07:03 PM
Dr. Octillery, your signature is huge. Would you mind posting with your signature off. (Just uncheck the 'show signature' box). IF you could, I'd be grateful.

ROUND TWO
OOOO|OOOO

Stats

Post-Round

EP: 71%
Hidden Power - Mud Bomb - Hypnosis

HP: 74%
EP: 69%
Thunderwave - Charge Beam - Supersonic

Arena Status: Raining - 1 more round.

~Round 2 Begin!~

With it still raining hard--though a little break in the otherwise ominous clouds can be seen-- both Pokémon both plan to go onto the surface. First, however, Gimmel charges a horde of electricity around his body, firing it as Frösch darts to the surface like a mad man. He makes it to land, leaping onto it as the Thunder Wave sizzles into the sand, making a few very handy glass shards, though leaving Frösch unharmed. Meanwhile, Gimmel also swims to the surface, unaware that the Poliwag is sending another attack. The fish pokémon is soon met by a myriad of pure-black spheres that crash into him and explode for good damage.

Shaking off the inky black aura that the spheres left, Gimmel leaps to the surface, firing a Charge Beam into the water, as per his trainer's orders. Gimmel snickers, and launches a thick, oozing Mud Bomb that he made at the fish, covering him in a thick splatter of mud, lowering accuracy. He can't see much of anything...which turns out to be a blessing in disguise. He can't see the pulsing Hypnosis waves or Poliwag's enticing, glowing eyes. Luckily, he doesn't need sight to use Supersonic either, and the high-pitched sound waves rattle Frösch's senses, as he has no means to cover his ears, and confuse him. Gimmel is also finding it very hard to breathe...

Post-Round

EP: 57%%

HP: 62%
EP: 57%

Notes:

~ Mega attacks first
~Frösch's Hidden Power is the Dark-type.

Mega Horny
9th July 2007, 07:10 PM
psychic the fool all over the place for your first two actions and finish with a mudbomb.

Sure, his signature is huge, but it's also awesome.

Saffire Persian
9th July 2007, 08:21 PM
Awesome, yes. But too big for my tastes :p

Mega Horny
9th July 2007, 08:56 PM
Fair enough. And give Doc Oc a week or so, He's in Barcelona.

Chica Muy malo. That's pretty much all I can say in spanish.