PDA

View Full Version : Andrew vs Paradox Master (Ref - Elec Man EXE)

Andrew
9th February 2007, 02:31 AM
Well, yes, the difference is that I use one of your team, you use one of mine.

My team is in my sig, minus Foxxy Love and adding a Venusaur I call Ven0z.

The arena. Normal Orange Island Stadium. So, there's a beach nearby and it's just a lot nicer.

Time of day, early morning. 7am.

Banned moves: Taunt. Any pure healing moves (Ie: recover, milk drink)

So, choose one of my Pokemon to battle with, and I will choose one of your team to lay the smackdown with.

Oh, and a ref please.

Master of Paradox
9th February 2007, 06:34 AM
Well, this sounds like something that calls for the Master of Paradox...

I don't know what its name is, but I'll face you with your Aerodactyl. My team is in my sig - pick your poison.

Elec Man EXE
9th February 2007, 10:20 AM
Leave it to Andrew to come up with a strange challenge like this...

Sounds intruiging, I'll volunteer for reffing.

Andrew
9th February 2007, 03:38 PM
I have always wanted a Magneton, they seem rad, so I choose Maggy! I'm not fond of the word querty... sounds like SQUIRTY to me. Which sounds like an infection!

Also, Aerodac0z is fantastic.

Thank you Elec Man

Master of Paradox
9th February 2007, 06:48 PM
You didn't specify who was to go first, so now that I know which of my Pokemon you're borrowing...

*Adjusts his glasses, tosses Andrew Qwerty's Pokeball, and then throws the one for Aerodac0z*

Okay... Aerodac0z... We're going to have to work together on this one. Play close attention. Qwerty's likely my strongest team member, but Steel has a number of weaknesses that you can exploit.

Start things off with a basic - Secret Power. Next, smack Qwerty with a Steel Wing, and then spit a Flamethrower.

Secret Power - Steel Wing - Flamethrower

Andrew
18th February 2007, 01:38 AM
Qwerty... start off with a Rain Dance! Stop that Steel Wing from hitting you with T-Wave and finish off with a Thunder!

Go go!

Elec Man EXE
20th February 2007, 01:08 PM
Andrew vs Master of Paradox
Round 1

Pre-Round
Qwertyhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr082.png
100% HP / 100% EP
Rain Dance ~ Thunder Wave ~ Thunder

AerodacOzhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr142.png(Male)
100% HP / 100% EP
Secret Power ~ Steel Wing ~ Flamethrower

Arena Status: Faint mist hangs in the air, seagulls can be heard

Battle
Two trainers arrive hear at one of the Orange Island stadiums, each ready for a good fight. But in a strange twist, they approach one another, and each trainer hands over one of his pokemon to the opponent. Both nod and return to their side of the arena, and then release their pokemon. From Andrew's newly acquired ball, a group of mechanical pokemon emerge, hanging in the air humming. Master of Paradox's pokeball flashes to reveal a large prehistoric pokemon, who raises his head and lets out a screech. The two give orders to their temporary companions, the pokemon giving cries in reply.

Taking the first action in the crossover battle, AerodacOz looks toward his metallic opponent, eyes starting to shimmer. He tilts his head downard as a flowing beam of energy fires from his pupils. The ray hits the ground beneath Qwerty, who looks down with his 3 eyes and beeps, amused that the attack missed. But now glowing with a white hue, a chunk of the earth lifts, then flies at the trio. The dirt slams into Magneton, knocking the 3 parts about. Some of the energy surrounding the dirt manages to enter the electric type's body, and its mind starts to spin. Aerodactyl chuckles, seeing the parts of his opponent float around awkwardly. As the 3 'mites come back together, they manage to focus, and they look to the sky. A blue aura surrounds Qwerty's body, and under its control the sky starts to become covered by thick grey clouds. A flash is followed by a resounding clap of thunder, and then the rain starts to fall. The rock-like flying type shifts uncomfortably, not too fond of the moisture.

But AerodacOz is not to be deterred that easily. Spreading his long wings, he shakes the water off and then takes to the sky. Immedietly he starts to fly toward his opposition, gliding on outstretched wings. As he approaches, metallic energy encircles his wings, hardening them with a metal shell. Magneton fights off the confusion for a second time and the magnets on each side of the 3 orbs start to spark. The weak electric attack takes mere moments to charge, and Qwerty looses a web of jagged electric bolts at the charging rock type. The voltage jumps swiftly across AerodacOz's damp body, surrounding him in bright yellow sparks which surge through his muscle structure. Electricity causes a numbing sensation though the fossil pokemon, but he retains enough control to compete his attack. Qwerty buzzes as a loud clang echoes across the arena, the resault of AerodacOz's hardened wing slamming against the magnetic pokemon's side. The strike causes little more than a dent in Magneton, but the force throws one of the pokemon downward. Aerodactyl makes a bit of an awkward landing after flying past his foe, already effected by the inflicted paralysis. The third member of the magnet group returns to the side of the others, though still they all seem disoriented.

Even under the negative effects of the prior attack, AerodacOz turns back to face the steel pokemon. Taking a deep breath, the pterodactyl builds up fire within his body. The heat flickers in the back of his throat as he spreads his large jaws, and then blows a stream of flames toward Magneton. Though weakened by the falling rain, the scorching attack rushes on and overtakes the magnetized combatant. A shrill beep emits from Qwerty as the fire rushes over his steel frame, heating it rapidly and painfully. When Aerodactyl runs out of burning energy and snaps his jaws shut, the charred magnet trio glare at him. They start to come together in preparation for a powerful combined attack, but their confusion finally catches up to them and they all slam rather painfully into one another. The impact scatters the 3, and each seems too stunned to attempt the attack. AerodactOz just smirks toward them.

Although he's a bit soggy, AerodactOz feels rather accomplished so far, and his muscles seem limber at this point. Qwerty on the other hand still feels jumbled, and though the 3 parts gather together none seem particularly fit for battle. Standing in the rain, the trainers try not to take notice of becomming soaked, and think about the next round.

Post-Round
83% HP / 93% EP

97% HP / 82% EP

Arena Status: Rain falling (2 rounds)

Andrew
22nd February 2007, 05:52 PM
Damnit! Querty! Stupid mis-trained loser machine! Show your master you can do well under my tutilage!

Do a Shockwave and follow up with two thunders!

Master of Paradox
22nd February 2007, 07:49 PM
"Mistrained"?!? I'll have you known he's the backbone of my Starting Four! It's not my fault you chose one of my Pokemon with a type disadvantage!

AerodacOz, begin by Biting Qwerty (note the W, Andrew). Then Protect yourself from one Thunder and Flamethrower him during the next.

Bite - Protect - Flamethrower

Andrew
7th March 2007, 03:47 AM
Referee... are you there?

Elec Man EXE
7th March 2007, 01:52 PM
Posted in the absence tower...

But anyway, yah. I'm back now, sorry for the delay.

Round 2

Pre-Round
83% HP / 93% EP
Shock Wave ~ Thunder ~ Thunder

97% HP / 82% EP
Bite ~ Protect ~ Flamethrower

Arena Status: Rain falling (2 rounds)

Battle
Under the shroud of the falling rain, the 2 trainers issue their commands to the pokemon, trying to do their best with unfamiliar team members.

The large fossil pokemon shakes shakes his wings, flinging water through the air and readying himself for flight. He thrusts the armored appendages up and down, taking to the air and immedietly heading for his magnetic opponent. AerodacOz quickly closes in, and opens his jaws wide. The confused Magneton just hovers as the rock type clamps down on one metallic orb. Despite the pokemon's powerful jaws, Qwerty's steel armor doesn't falter. The small bits of dark energy rushing between his jaws manage to flow through Magneton's shell, and the mild sting is enough to bring the mechanical pokemon back to its senses. Now fully aware, the trio spark and release a burst of electricity, and the current flows through Aerodactyl's jaws and into his body. He lets out a shriek, releasing his grip and fluttering back away from the shocking attack, arcs of electricity still jumping across his face.

While AerodacOz shakes his head, Qwerty is ready to get back in the battle. The parts of the pokemon cluster together as streaks of bright yellow energy build around the magnets and flow across the shining steel type. Opening his eyelids, the flying type immedietly notices the build-up for a powerful assault, and naturally wants to avoid it. He drops to the ground, landing in on the muddy earth with a slosh, and extends his wings in front of him. Massive amounts of his internal energy flow through his outstretched wings, forming a spherical shield. As the barrier forms, Qwerty reaches maximum capacity. The electric type lets out a buzz and launches a massive electrical bolt toward Aerodactyl. Fortunately for him, the shield solidifies, glimmering, before the jagged streak slams into it. Sparks engulf the shield, dancing vividly across the orb. AerodacOz cringes, the strain of keeping the protection up under such a powerful assault high, but manages to keep it active. As the last stray sparks flow over the shield and into the earth, the rock releases his hold and the barrier shatters.

Qwerty lets out an annoyed beep seeing his opponent unharmed. But even so, it wastes no time, and starts to build up another static field around its body. Intensity of the voltage increasing, AerodacOz also acts swiftly, pulling his head back and inhaling deeply. Jaws spread, a glowing flame builds up deep in his throat, and then he thrusts his head forward and blows a streak of hot fire. The falling rain weakens the attack, steaming upon contact, but even so as the flames wash over Qwerty he emits a shrill buzz. His steel frame heats up as the burning energy flows over him, causing extreme pain. The flames dwindle as Aerodactyl's gathered energy runs out, and all 3 parts of the pokemon known as Qwerty glare down. With rain evaporating on contact with his heated body, Magneton looses a second piercing bolt which speeds through the air toward AerodacOz. The attack hits the ancient pokemon dead on, and he quickly becomes covered with a flurry of shuddering sparks, the voltage flowing easily over his damp skin. Body stiffening, he grunts while the current surges through his innards. Even as the flow is severed, AerodacOz's muscles sting, and he groans.

Though both pokemon have sustained powerful attacks, the trainers know that neither of them is close to falling. Studying their new pokemon, the pair ponder more strategies, as the pokemon stare one another down in the falling rain.

Post-Round
70% HP / 77% EP

70% HP / 63% EP

Arena Status: Rain falling (1 round)

Master of Paradox
7th March 2007, 02:12 PM
Dang...

AerodacOz, begin this round with a Dragon Claw. Then make Qwerty feel your Torment before touching off an Earthquake.

Dragon Claw - Torment - Earthquake

Andrew
8th March 2007, 01:40 AM
Blast him away with a Thunder! Then, I want you to PROTECT against Torment, finally laugh away as he tries to hit your floating self with EQuake. LOL. Then, I want you to instead launch a Zap Cannon!

Elec Man EXE
8th March 2007, 06:09 PM
Round 3

Pre-Round
70% HP / 77% EP
Thunder ~ Protect ~ Zap Cannon

70% HP / 63% EP
Dragon Claw ~ Torment ~ Earthquake

Arena Status: Rain falling (1 round)

Battle
The start of Round 3, and the trainers frantically try to pull ahead of one another. They quickly shout attacks to their pokemon, each of whom is still in good condition and ready to go. Aerodactyl lets out a grunt and nods, while Qwerty gives a series of beeps.

As the round begins, AerodacOz flaps his large wings and takes to the air again. Stopping for a moment, his talons become engulfed in flame-like dragon energy. The dragonic power surges between his claws, and then he rushes toward Magneton. Quickly reaching his target, he stops and rakes his glowing talons across the electric type. The dragon energy grants extra power to the attack and allows the swipe to leave jagged gashes through Qwerty's metallic body. The mechanical pokemon buzzes and shudders in discomfort, but recovers fairly fast and gathers the 3 parts together. Once more, streaks of electricity surge from between the magnets and build in a field around the floating pokemon. AerodacOz turns to flee from the attack, but with little success. Qwerty blasts the bolt into the ancient pokemon's back, and the power surges along his damp rocky hide. Cells tingling as the dangerous voltage flows through, Aerodactyl starts to plummet toward the ground. He crashes head first into the soaked grass, sliding through the dirt and leaving a trail of torn up ground in his wake. The crash disrupts the lightning arc, ending it prematurely, but the majority of the damage was done and the impact added to his pain. Stray sparks dance across Magneton's body, being reabsorbed into its power core while he floats still.

With some difficulty, and groaning in pain, AerodacOz gets back to his feet. He starts to turn toward his opponent, and then suddenly feels his muscles stiffen. He stands, stiff and twitching, paralysis impairing his ability to control his muscles while the rain washes over him. Qwerty beeps with amusement while his rocky foe stands fittingly like a statue. With no threat, the Magneton forgoe's his defensive measure and conserves his energy, calmly hovering above the ground.

When Aerodactyl finally regains control of his muscles, he lets out an enraged cry. He's apparently not a big fan of being mocked by a floating toaster... who'd have thought. Again spreading his wings, he lifts himself a few feet into the air as a tan aura surrounds him. And with a shout, he rushes to the ground, slamming his feet into the earth and creating a massive seismic disturbance. The terrain shudders, rippling violently as waves of seismic power surge under. But Qwerty isn't in contact with the ground, and is thus completely uneffected by the quake, however powerful it may be. Another frustrating scream eminates from Aerodactyl as he see's his foe hovering nonchallantly above the earth. Qwerty's parts buzz mockingly again, and then split up. Each part builds up its own energy across it's 2 magnets, and that power is directed to the the center of the trio, becomming a condensed orb of electrical energy. The sphere is brimming with arcs of electricity, and is propelled toward the angry Pterodactyl after reaching a considerable size. Hit dead on, AerodacOz is suddenly bombarded with electrons all at once. The shock quickly spreads from its point of impact all through his muscles, causing him to scream in pain. The surge disperses into the ground and damp air just as quickly as it spread, but the potent attack caused immense pain even in the instant it happened.

Muscles starting to become overwhelmed by repeated electric shocks, Aerodactyl winces, but even through his pain he is enraged. Qwerty shifts it's gaze toward its substitute trainer, waiting for its next commands while AerodacOz fumes. Overhead, the rain is finally drawing itself out, and the falling water lessens to a drizzle and then stops altogether, though the clouds remain.

Post-Round
64% HP / 55% EP

36% HP / 48% EP

Arena Status: Ground soaked and disturbed by the quake

I've started adding snarky comments to my reffings... gah, Andrew is rubbing off on me. Oh noes ;)

Elec Man EXE
18th April 2007, 11:43 AM
Oy, this battle needs life support. We need 3 cc's of Andrew posting his attacks, stat!

Andrew
19th April 2007, 01:06 AM
Good work Qwerty!

Is it still raining?

If so, Thunder, Thunderwave it's Mouth and finish off with another Thunder.

If not, Shockwave, Tri Attack and Toxic!

Master of Paradox
19th April 2007, 11:05 AM
Okay. I'm not in a good mood today, so it's time to strike back.

Listen, borrowed stone pterodactyl - I don't particularly like you, and you're rather short on decent moves. It's stopped raining, so let's go for broke.

Flamethrowers. Three of them.

Flamethrower x3

Andrew
20th April 2007, 01:20 AM
My birdie does have some good moves! Like when he used Delibird as a chew toy!

Elec Man EXE
20th April 2007, 05:00 PM
Round 4

Pre-Round
64% HP / 55% EP
Shock Wave ~ Tri Attack ~ Toxic

36% HP / 48% EP
Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower

Arena Status: Ground soaked and disturbed by the quake

Battle
With the pokemon staring one another down, its up to the trainers to break the silence. They do so by issuing their commands (one of them rather angerly), and with that Round 4 gets going.

Absolutely unwilling to let this magnetic thing beat him, AerodacOz inhales and prepares for a heated attack to the steel type. But paralysis gets the better of him once again, and his body tenses up completely. Even taken by paralysis, his anger is evident, but he can't do anything about it. Qwerty spins its magnets around as they each build up an amount of electricity. He lets out a beep as a scattering of electrical bolts are launched toward the stilled fossil pokemon. Though unable to react to the pain, each of the sparks causes a sting to Aerodactyl as the bolts twist and leap in jagged patterns over his hide. The electricity doesn't help his paralysis any, but he soon manages to break its hold over him and shakes his head furiously.

While Magneton hovers calmly over the earth, AerodacOz lets out a piercing cry. Raising his head, he sucks in the air through his nose and draws energy from the depths of his body. Flames start to amass between his jaws, flickering between his massive teeth. His jaws open wide as he unleashes a stream of fire at his infuriating foe. The searing flames rush for Qwerty, and he's engulfed by the fire in moments. The machine buzzes with pain as flames flow over his metal body, cooking and scorching his shell. After the flames die down, Qwerty cringes for a bit longer, but then starts to prepare its own attack. Each part charges a different kind of energy... one builds up electricity as normal, massing before it. A second draws up a sphere of deep blue energy, which radiates a chilly mist. And the third creates flames not unlike the ones used to attack him moments ago. Simultaneously, the 3 different energys are shot, weaving around one another to form a single attack. The blast hits AerodacOz's face dead on, and the pterodactyl winces as sparks surge through his body, flames sear his skull, and the frigid cold bites him. His eyes remain tightly shut as he tries his best to stave off the growing strain on his body.

Blocking the feeling of pain with one of anger and frustration, Aerodactyl glares at his opponent. He spreads his wings threateningly as he draws another deep breath. Again fire can be seen growing in the back of the fierce pokemon's throat, causing his whole mouth to light up. He sends out another blast of fire, the swift stream quickly overtaking the hovering magnet pokemon. Qwerty lets out another distressed cry, flames licking at his shining frame. The intense heat causes a great amount of damage to the machine, and he shudders under the attack. But as AerodacOz exausts his fire energy, Magneton is freed, and gathers its parts together. By some unexplained mechanism, the pokemon defies the fact that it not only has no mouth, but is completely made of steel, and manages to launch a viscous blob of toxins. The acidic purple goo spatters over Aerodactyl, and he groans as the gunk makes its way through his pores and into his innards. He feels a light but growing sensation of pain making its way through his body, worsening his condition.

Feeling the sting of the poison, AerodacOz scrunches his body up and moans in anguish. His temporary trainer smacks his forehead, obviously a bit frustrated at the pokemons performance. Qwerty floats opposite the cringing fossil, scorched by the heat but still fighting fit.

Post-Round
40% HP / 41% EP

16% HP / 34% EP

Arena Status: Ground damp and shaken

Andrew
26th April 2007, 02:38 PM
Thank you for reffing.

Master of Paradox
26th April 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm confused. There was no listed time limit for his match, and Andrew's comment threw me off. Do I still have time or is this match over?

Blademaster
26th April 2007, 10:41 PM
(huge robot bursts out of ground, a familiar figure seated at its glassy dome of a head...)

I'LL answer that one, in doing so helping my pal Master of Paradox and possibly annoying my bestest buddy Andrew at the same time. :D

Ahem...

The Rules you need in order to start a battle are as follows:
Number of Pokemon to be used
Who sends first
Who attacks first
DQ Time (default 1 week)
Arena

Time of last reffing: 04/20/07 @ 6PM Eastern Standard Time.

Time of default DQ: 04/27/07 @ 6PM Eastern Standard Time.

Current time: 04/26/07 @ 11:41PM Eastern Seaboard Time.

End result: Master of Paradox, you have 18 hours and 19 minutes to post attacks or you will be disqualified.

(takes a bow)

Thank you. And with that... POW! I'm gone!

(robot sprouts booster rockets from feet and blasts into the sky)

Laterz! :wave:

Master of Paradox
26th April 2007, 10:51 PM
In that case, since I have no realistic chance of success... Damned stone... thing...

Hell with it. Let's do two Flamethrowers and a Fire Blast. And maybe you'll learn to be useful someday.

Flamethrower - Flamethrower - Fire Blast

Andrew
26th April 2007, 11:57 PM
Oh, no I wanted to see this battle through to the end.

Qwerty, you've changed my mind about Magneton. I want one now.

Throw up a Double Team then ThunderBolt followed by Tri Attack!@

Elec Man EXE
2nd May 2007, 12:12 PM
Round 5

Pre-Round
40% HP / 41% EP
Double Team ~ Thunderbolt ~ Tri Attack

16% HP / 34% EP
Flamethrower ~ Flamethrower ~ Fire Blast

Battle
Its Round 5, and it appears that at least one of the pokemon is getting near its demise. The trainers shout to their temporary creatures, and each gives a cry in affirmation.

Taking a moment for defense, Qwerty's 3 parts all close their eyes in unison, all concentrating. As AerodacOz takes a deep breath, building up heat once more, the magnet pokemon creates a couple of clones. They appear on either side of the original, and all open their eyes and let off a content beep. The opposing fossil pokemon looks suddenly overwhelmed, faced seemingly faced with a mass of magnets when he can barely handle one. Still, as flames start to flicker aggressively between his jaws, he lets out a loud screech. A streak of glowing flames are blown from the fossil, speeding straight toward one of the magnetic clusters. The fiery stream hits the target, but rather than flowing around it, the flames go right through. In a split second, the illusion disappears, leaving the flames to rush on into the distance unhindered. AerodacOz lets out a snarl as he closes his jaws, watching the 2 remaining Magneton floating around unharmed.

Immedietly the stone pterodactyl starts to amass more fiery energy for another attack. But before he can get far, he feels his muscles start to twitch. Soon, he's completely locked up and unable to move, at the mercy of the pair of steel types. Qwerty doesn't hesitate to take advantage, and he and his partner cluster their parts together and start to build up electricity. As bright yellow streaks dance across their metallic frames, Aerodactyl watches with fear, struggling to try and free himself from the paralytic grip with no success. Each Magneton lauches a jagged, high voltage bolt at the flyer. Both streak through the air swiftly, in moments hitting AerodacOz directly. He is unable to make a noise as the power surges throughout his cells, body engulfed by a shower of sparks. The circuit of electricity cuts out shortly. The two Magneton look on as a the few remaining sparks jump over AerodacOz's body, but still he remains immobile.

As the pair of magnet pokemon instantly begin to prepare for their next attack, Aerodactyl finally regains control of his body. He winces with pain, but doggedly opens his jaws wide, gathering heat and flames to form a burning sphere within his maw. Qwerty gathers a bit of flame himself, as well as a shimmering mass of ice and a cluster of electricity. The three elements meld together as the 3 parts of the Magneton cluster, and a beam of the combined energies is fired. AerodacOz watches the tri-colored beam approach, still in the process of gathering energy for his own attack. The fossil gets blasted by the beam, at once feeling flames rush across him and a sharp sting of cold. The burn and sting are accompanied by another painful shock that he's all to familiar with. The pterodactyl tries his hardest to withstand the attack, but his weakened body can't do it. Overloaded with pain, the flames massing in his jaws dissipate and his eyes shut. He falls to the ground, wings limp at either side, with a crash.

Magneton buzzes happily, having won this interesting battle decisively. Both trainers recall their pokemon and return the balls to their real owners, then walk off with the experience of the battle.

Post-Round
40% HP / 25% EP

0% HP / 20% EP

So Andrew and Qwerty get the victory. Type advantage is a hard obstacle, but it was still a nice battle. Points as follows.

Andrew - 2 points
Master of Paradox - 1 point
Elec Man EXE - 2 points

Andrew
2nd May 2007, 04:40 PM
Hoorah, thank you very much to Master of Paradox and most of all Elec Man.

I want to do another battle like this again soon.