PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The Hidden Curse - Talkie Lounge

Pages : 1 [2]

Dominus
6th May 2009, 06:34 PM
is mine acceptable?

Roy Karrde
6th May 2009, 08:38 PM
Hey everyone since the Naruto RPG is several years old, and it is pretty much Outlaw's baby now. I think we need a new thread for it, with a recap of whats happening, where everyone is at with the Exams, and a brief synopsis of the previous thread. That way we are not pretty much necroing a very very old RPG. And there is no complaining from Super Mods ^^;;;.

Outlaw JT
6th May 2009, 09:39 PM
Dominus: yes your form is fine. Just don't go overboard on the info your character has accumulated about other characters (PC and NPC) as there are a lot of characters with highly guarded secrets. Grades and old tendencies is one thing, knowing about hidden bloodlines and incidents covered up by the ANBU is another entirely. With that in mind, feel free to start posting anytime you want. As I told Dark-san you might want to start off returning from a C-rank mission or on a D-rank one. Either that or just every day life. Just keep in mind that soon I will be making a DM post summoning all those not training for the Chunin finale to report for a mission.

Have the supermods been complaining about these two revived threads Roy? Also, were you proposing a new lounge thread, a new rpg thread, or both? Personally I don't see that it's necessary but feel free to open discussion on the idea here. I'll say I am against a new rpg thread as I don't want to have to reference two threads to review all of the posts for my character and/or team. A new lounge would be fine I guess but I still don't see the point (aside from a synopsis of events thus far).

Weasel Overlord
7th May 2009, 06:05 AM
Not the Supermods, no. To be frank, reviving a thread whose previous last post was from April 2008 constitutes as necroing. Yes, we're extremely lenient about this in RPG - however, that same RPG had also had the same thing done to it the year before. The front page isn't exactly overflowing with active RPGs, so I don't see what harm it would do if you made a new topic. It's not really a hardship to move a few of the last posts into a new RPG topic and to do a quick rundown of events so far, surely?

Dark-San
7th May 2009, 06:24 AM
@OutlawJ- Editing the ANBU portion is out is not a problem. Away on mission would probably be a better pick.

@Roy, Kirst and the rest- A new thread would be a better idea IMO, be sure to tell me which group am I in? I haven't posted anything yet because I have no idea on what to start on. ~.~

Heald
7th May 2009, 07:46 AM
I sometime like to refer to the old posts and the fact that character profiles are usually on the first page of the thread are helpful. Is there any need to be so anal with the rules?

Weasel Overlord
7th May 2009, 07:57 AM
I don't think it's being anal. Plus, you have an entirely new sign-up topic, don't you? And now the thread's been necroed, it'll be on the first page for ages (if not forever), so you won't exactly have to go far to check out older stuff.

Outlaw JT
7th May 2009, 08:24 AM
Who is us using the original rpg thread hurting? As to moving a handful of posts and providing a rundown of events...... Actually, yeah, it is a major hardship as it requires going through 140 posts and writing a summary for all of them. Most of the posts are a page long, some of them are two or three. It'd be like having to write a rundown for a novella. The new sign-up was one thing. We needed that to have a go at drawing in new players since we will be short over half our original cast. Creating a new thread for the rpg itself, however, seems overly troublesome and wasteful to me. If this 'necroing' is really that much of a problem we can certainly copy the recent posts posts from the lounge here into a new lounge thread but I intend to fight to keep our original rpg thread if I have to.

Roy Karrde
7th May 2009, 09:35 AM
Okay I would rather not see any fights, and I know that both sides have strong arguments. I would rather not see either side "fight", since we have had a long history of that in the RPG forum. So, how about today or tomorrow, I'll write up a summery for the RPG's last four pages. And we try to work out some sort of compromise that will make both sides happy.

Dark-San
7th May 2009, 08:16 PM
Guys let's just cool it! ._.

The purpose most of us asked for a new topic title is because it would looked neat and the newer participants need not go through the trouble of looking through all 140 plus posts before they can decide what to post next. Everything could be understood just looking at the shortened summary, which someone posted, will do.

OutlawJT, just need to ask out of curiosity? Are you trying to create an epic RPG topic by not allowing a newer topic to branch away and also to preserve its value? Well no worries though, everyone knows that it is already an epic topic. I just feel that a lesser page RPG = to tidier and simpler for newer participants like me to figure out.

Everything here can be settled peacefully. No need to go and get each other's throat because of this incident. I have enough DRAMA to last me for at least the next six months due to the recent clashes between manga scanlators and anime fansubbers over some issue. I really don't need another one here. Saved it for me at least until the DRAMA there dies down. ^.^;

Outlaw JT
7th May 2009, 11:44 PM
The only thing that matters to the new players is what is being posted presently. Events prior to now were not events that new characters were present to witness and thus won't effect them. Keeping the original thread is for those of us who have been in the rpg from the beginning to keep continuity. Reading a summary of what's happened and actually having the posts on hand to recount character development are completely different things. I truly and sincerely don't understand why there is an issue with us keeping and using the original rpg thread. I'm not trying to pick a fight I just don't understand why this was brought up as an issue to begin with.

Weasel Overlord
8th May 2009, 07:52 AM
How many people do you know who would join an RPG newly when it's got over 100 posts? I don't know anyone who would, personally.

And you say that you have no idea why we want you to make a new thread? Well, Roy told you in his post, then I told you, Dark-San, another mod, agrees with the both of us, as does the mod-to-be for RPG. Posting in a topic that hasn't had any new replies for over a year is necroing. Which is against the forum rules. I know that we're lenient about this in RPG, but that's mainly because we almost never get any instances of people necroing a year-old RPG. If it was anyone else, for any other RPG, we'd react in the same way.

Roy's even offered to make you a summary, to help you lot along. You can post your character sign-ups in the new one - it'll be like a completely new RPG, in many ways. I do not see why you're dragging this out into an argument, JT. We've given you reason, three mods agree about it, so why are you prolonging the matter by being difficult?

Outlaw JT
9th May 2009, 10:02 AM
All discussion on the new thread issue ends now. I am creating a new lounge topic for us that will be devoid of any arguments so that we can proceed with the rpg peacefully. Tomorrow, when I have the time, I am going to create a new rpg thread for us and copy over all of the in character writing to it in as few posts as possible. The opening post will consist of the original intro and all of the sign-up forms for the currently active players. Please don't post to use the new thread until you see Dominus' post at the end of it. Be patient and we'll be back on track sometime tomorrow afternoon drama free (aside from drama inherent to the plot of the rpg and it's characters, anyway). Thank you all for your patience.