PDA

View Full Version : Naruto: The Hidden Curse - Talkie Lounge

Pages : [1] 2

Bulbasaur4
10th February 2007, 10:20 PM
This is an OOC topic for those who are participating in the Naruto: The Hidden Curse RPG.

We can talk about character relations here or pretty much anything pertaining the RPG. Questions... comments.. posting fandom and stuffs!!

^_^ Should be fun!
*huggles Yukiso*
Yukiso: O.o;;; *reads Spatial Relations and You*

Mystic_clown
11th February 2007, 04:56 PM
Selekis: *sitting in a corner drawing**glares at anyone who gets near him*

I've only seen a few episodes of this (the dub intro is almost enough to put me off of it. I said ALMOST) so I don't have much knowledge of the plot arcs of the series.

Anyone got any ideas?

Outlaw JT
11th February 2007, 06:18 PM
Wikipedia has all the info you'll need. I'd still watch the show some to get a feel for the characters and the environments, though.

Bulbasaur4
11th February 2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah, Wikipedia is amazing. If you want to actually watch the episodes... then I suggest YouTube. Just type in "Naruto" and then the episode number you want to watch.

Mystic_clown
11th February 2007, 07:47 PM
ok, thanks guys.

Selekis: *looks up at everyone, glares and go back to drawing*

Heald
12th February 2007, 03:43 AM
I've watched enough to know whats going on. Unfortunately, I live in the UK where they seem to loop the Land of Waves/Zabuza arc over and over, so I'm having to watch it all on YouTube.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to get all insane clown on some ninja.

Arnen
12th February 2007, 07:15 AM
>,> Am I the only one who's noticed that Chiyoko's the only girl character so far?

Outlaw JT
12th February 2007, 08:36 AM
>,> Am I the only one who's noticed that Chiyoko's the only girl character so far?

That's usually what happens when almost everyone who signs up is a guy unfortunately. There's still time, though. Maybe if Kalah allows it I'll create a second female original character.

Prof. Jb Wolf
12th February 2007, 10:37 AM
Two questions:

1.) Just when exactly during the Naruto timeline does the RP take place?

and

2.) Is it purely coincidental that Naruto: Shippuden comes out the same week you premiere a Naruto RP?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th February 2007, 11:45 AM
*leaps on Shippuden* I'm downloading that one first episode with the ShikaTema sort-of not-really moment and back to the manga I merrily go ^^

Haha, I'm doing up a female character, no worries >< though she might end up being a LSU cos I want to post in all the other RPGs I'm currently in first, and also my thought processing has been slower than sewer slime lately... *forces self to return attention to Wordpad*

Bulbasaur4
12th February 2007, 12:54 PM
*tackles Chiko*
YAAAY!!

True, there are a lot of guy sign-ups but I prefer that everyone only has one made-up character. If you want Outlaw, you could play a pre-existing female. ^_^ I like to try to keep in mind that there are girl NPCs... since Ino, Sakura, Hinata etc... are still existing. Plus gender won't be mattering... too much, hopefully.

I will probably start this RPG tonight or tomorrow, due to the fact that I am severly bored and want to. *whine whine*
But Chiko-sai and Chaos can LSU, since it will be easy to do that in this RPG.
^_^

As for your questions Prof... the timeline is the beginning of Naruto's first Arc. When they just graduate from the academy and are Genin. The first post or so will be the division of teams (which will be done by random drawing by moi) and then those teams will probably get a mission or two until I throw in a big event. Then the Chuunin exams will come... and then I get to throw in a slightly different story arc and such.

The RPG will follow many plots that Naruto has, but they might come in different orders and I might throw in some different plots as well. ^_^

... and it is a total coincidence... *scampers off*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th February 2007, 01:04 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOU WAIT FOR ME *flails* there's only Appearance left!

...and about 75% of my A Shadow Upon Heaven post, hah :P

I wanted to take Sakura as a pre-existing character at first, but decided I couldn't deal with the Sasuke-fangirling. Thankfully she stops the overt fangirling in Shippuden.

Bulbasaur4
12th February 2007, 01:16 PM
Well, the nice thing is that you could start out with the Sasuke-fangirling... but in this RPG, you could change that over time. We're not going totally with Naruto's plots or character building, since with new characters being thrown in it is likely to assume that it would affect some things. ^_^

*shifty eyes*
*glomps Gaara*
*shifty eyes*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th February 2007, 01:46 PM
I HAVE DONE THE POST! *throws confetti* ...now back to the Appearance category of my sign-up. Should be done in 15 minutes ^^

*shiftier eyes* Well, y'see, I like KakaSaku..

*ahem* *hides behind rock*

So I thought I'd better not do any existing-character-RPing - although I might do Temari later on in the RPG when the Chuunin Exam arc begins proper; she's such a delightful uber-bitch.

Bulbasaur4
12th February 2007, 01:48 PM
Uh huh, I agree whole-heartedly. ^_^

Arnen
12th February 2007, 05:58 PM
I'd maybe do Tenten, but I haven't seen much of her since I can only watch Naruto on Toonami because YouTube loads hella slow on my compy Dx

So yeah... >.> *coughs and goes back to coloring her Haru drawing*

Mystic_clown
12th February 2007, 07:00 PM
And it begins! Yay!

Already, the ideas are flowing out, including one involving Chiyoko.

Selekis: *looks up upon hearing the name. When nothing happens, goes back to his drawing.*

Bulbasaur4
12th February 2007, 07:03 PM
I just want everyone to know that I absolutely am going to love the four Sensei's. They are just hilarious... *giggles insanely*

Mystic_clown
12th February 2007, 07:19 PM
Judging by Selekis', the guys going to turn out ruthless and partially psychotic.

Outlaw JT
15th February 2007, 12:45 PM
So what does everyone think of their teams/sensei so far? I know I can't wait to see how all the teammates interact with each other. I think some of the Genin/sensei pairings are pretty interesting, too.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th February 2007, 12:53 PM
My team reminds me of the original Team 8 o_O

Kuroda Miharu = Yuuhi Kurenai
Inuzuka Hige = Inuzuka Kiba
Kozue Haru = Hyuuga Hinata
Shodou Kukai = Aburame Shino (??? o_o okay maybe not really)

Bulbasaur4
15th February 2007, 02:28 PM
I'm going to be posting today... and I am so looking forward to posting for the Sensei. ^_^ I also look forward to see how everyone interacts... and once this RPG gets moving and we get to the Chuunin exams, things will be very interesting.

Especially with the idea I have. ^_^

Prof. Jb Wolf
15th February 2007, 08:05 PM
My team reminds me of the original Team 8 o_O

Kuroda Miharu = Yuuhi Kurenai
Inuzuka Hige = Inuzuka Kiba
Kozue Haru = Hyuuga Hinata
Shodou Kukai = Aburame Shino (??? o_o okay maybe not really)

I still think it works - your just angry scary as opposed to creepy scary! Of course, the team is lacking in the tracking and recon power that Team 8 does. Of course we make up for that with sheer versatility of the members of the team.

Anyone else catch the first episode of Shippuden? I just got the RAW for it and it's pretty good. Loved the little throwback to Team 7's first mission.

Bulbasaur4
15th February 2007, 08:57 PM
So, the fun test begins. I appologize if the tests seem rather lame or their 'lesson' rather skewed...but I hope you guys get the drift a little bit. Was sorta hard thinking of four different tests with their different styles.

Well... all except for Takumi's and Kazuki's. lol.

Arnen
15th February 2007, 10:22 PM
Ooh, neat.

Of course illusions had to be banned. Because Haru could just go, "And all of a sudden, plants began growing up through the barren earth" or something, and pow! Instant trees... xD;

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
16th February 2007, 10:37 PM
@ Arnen/Nab: Got any ideas for our thinger that we have to pass?? I was thinking paper flowers, but I'm trying to think of more 'creative ways to screw up' ^^;; lol

Arnen
16th February 2007, 10:57 PM
Hmm... that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking trying to transplant some might work, but that presents the problem of FINDING plants to transplant. xP;

Bulbasaur4
16th February 2007, 11:18 PM
*hint* Properly channeled chakra can increase plant growth time... but if you put too much Chakra into the seed, the flower will explode.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
18th February 2007, 12:32 PM
Actually I think our team wouldn't really need a teamwork test, though it's really cool and different compared to what the other teams are doing, LOL xD the three of us are all level-headed and reasonable people... well sort of until you piss either Hige or Kukai off :x
@ Nab: WHEE LET'S CONTINUE SCREWING UP WITH OUR TEST :3

Arnen
18th February 2007, 12:52 PM
Whoo! Failure! xD

Heald
18th February 2007, 01:14 PM
JT and I agree - our team is awesome.

Also, Chiko-sai, your last post was pretty insane and very enjoyable to read - I expect nothing less of course ;), although re: the English/Japanese point you made, I'm sure that in Naruto (the Anime) at somepoint, when Naruto hasn't understood something, he yells 'And what's that in English!' or words to that effect (at least in the dub anyway).

Dr.McNinja
18th February 2007, 01:34 PM
You all obviously don't appreciate what Ushi brings to a team. Insanity and utterly ignorant bliss! Flute playing at inappropriate moments go!

Plus his ability to bring his illusions into reality is quite useful....meaning his team will never be short a good 5-course meal. ^_^

Bulbasaur4
18th February 2007, 01:36 PM
I do like the divisions of teams... and I'll be posting today a continuation of everything. (Those who haven't posted yet can still post what happens during the last "test" though... since I won't be commenting on what you guys do, as much as teh ending result. ^_^ I just am keeping things moving a bit.)

Also... I'm thinking of making a fandom flash, using our characters. (I hold the right to misdraw characters... 'cuz there are so many. >.<;;) I probably can't use everyone's right away, but I was thinking of showing blurbs of the teams and/or some individual blurbs. All to music!

I just bought a flash program yesturday and this is my first little flashy thing. It is really really short and crappy movement, but again... I just made it quickly last night. ^_^
FLASH (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49045146/)

I look forward to doing one of exploding confettii...

Heald
18th February 2007, 01:41 PM
Your flash is possibly one of the funniest things I've seen for a good long while. Plus it's pretty good for a first go (a lot better than I can do, since I am terrible at flash. Good at gifs, terrible at flash).

BTW B4, when you do post your continuation, remember that Inakamo still has his task to do, so remember to leave room for that.

EDIT: Forgot the real reason why I made this post.

The teams and their players, just for simplicity's sake:

Team 12

Sensei: Saruwatari, Kazuki
Retsun, Selekis - Mystic_clown
Yagyu, Shiro - Shadow Djinn
Iokawa, Hiro - Roy Karrde

Team 13

Sensei: Hara, Takumi
Onitoge - Outlaw JT
Yakusha, Inakamo - Heald
Okami, Chiyoko - Bulbasaur4

Team 14

Sensei: Kuroda, Miharu
Shodou, Kukai - Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Kozue, Haru - Arnen
Inuzuka, Hige - Prof. Jb Wolf

Team 15

Sensei: Kakashi, Yukiso
Hyuga, Raizen - Sworkill87
Kazuma, Masato - *Duke*
Kurama, Ushi - Dr.McNinja

Arnen
18th February 2007, 01:46 PM
Heh... Gaara singing a boy band song... I don't even remember who sings that anymore, but it's damn funny.

And not to worry about misdrawing Haru-kun! As soon as I can be assed to scan it, I have an awesomely adorable chibi-Haru that I drew! :3

Edit: Said picture is now in the RPG art topic. *prod*

Mystic_clown
18th February 2007, 03:11 PM
Hmm, an RPG flash. Interesting. I wouldn't mind if you misdraw Selekis.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of drawing him.

Bulbasaur4
18th February 2007, 03:52 PM
Arnen, those pictures rock!! ^_^ I love the chibiness!!!

Mystic_clown
18th February 2007, 03:57 PM
I second the opinion! Those pics are pretty good.

Arnen
18th February 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks ^.^;

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
19th February 2007, 12:18 AM
@ Heald: Wow, thank you ^^ I was actually going through extreme lack of sleep while doing that post o_O I'd just got back from a full-day lunar new year visiting/mahjong bout and was indeed feeling insanely hyper...
I never watched the dub ^^;; well, not the English one, the dub in my country is... Malay and very, very sucky. "English" kind of does have a better ring to it than "Japanese" though.

@ Kalah: OMG. Gaara/Rock Lee FTW!!! That flash is genius. *anti-filthy-mind brick hits forehead at full velocity* *passes out*
I think it was the Backstreet Boys that sang that song... *tugtugpokepoke* D'you want me to help with drawing anyone?? x3333 I don't have the least clue how to do anything Flash, though.
This (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/kukai.jpg) is what the top half of Kukai looks like, if it helps.

@ Nab: ...Haru is very cute. *glomps*

@ general populace: If I get overly hyper one of these days you guys might see random pictures of your characters popping up here... most likely profile shots or full-body sketches... I invoke the misdrawing clause along with Bulba-senpai!!

Bulbasaur4
19th February 2007, 07:53 AM
SQUEEEE! *tackles Yi* ^_^ I wuv your picture! 'Tis amazing!!! *smothers*

I'll be uploading another flash tonight, but it is another project I'm working on that I started before I stated teh "fandom" flash quote. Let me just say two words about it... or three rather, "Gaara" and "numa numa". XD Once that is done, I'm going to work on a flash focused more on the colors rather than the animation. ^_^

Oh... and I will be posting today. Pwomise! ^_^

Bulbasaur4
20th February 2007, 10:47 AM
Got your message Mystic and I fixed it. Sorry! I just had a lot on my mind and I totally forgot about Retsun's quirk. ^_^;;; Just next time, let me know in the lounge topic to prevent OOC from the main one. But I fiiixed it!

Heald
20th February 2007, 12:25 PM
B4, you're a mod. Can't you just move it?

Also, I've acquired the OST (1, 2 and 3) purely because I want to know what music is going through your head B4. How sad am I.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
20th February 2007, 12:55 PM
*tiptoes in sneaky like a NINJA* I've got about a million RPG posts to do but I indulged myself and..

Team 14 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/team14-final.gif)
Inuzuka Hige because I feel guilty for bugging Prof to post every single time I chat with him LOL (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/higefull.gif)

In the works: Everyone else o_O well, I would've had team 13 up here by now if I hadn't accidentally typed a big fat TWELVE in the background AND saved over it as well...

Heald
20th February 2007, 01:22 PM
I would've had team 13 up here by now if I hadn't accidentally typed a big fat TWELVE in the background AND saved over it as well...
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/a/6/f/a6fa5fadcd72f4f8fa92042aab392363.jpg

EDIT: By the way, awesome pictures.

Outlaw JT
20th February 2007, 04:10 PM
Very awesome pictures Chiko-sai. I can't wait to see how Team 13 comes out.

Arnen
20th February 2007, 04:23 PM
Ooh, love the pictures! ^^

Bulbasaur4
20th February 2007, 05:08 PM
Me and my two friends (Sworkill & Duke) are drooling over your pictures Chiko-sai!! (They go to college with me. ^_^)

I hope you don't mind if I use the team pictures in my flash, whenever you have them done. ^_^ I think they'd be pretty fun to have in there!!

^_^ *glomps*
BTW: Heald, the music is awesome though! I think it is rather sad that I had them to begin with... ^^;;;

Heald
20th February 2007, 05:13 PM
True. I haven't stopped listening to it since I acquired it. So much awesomeness.

Mystic_clown
20th February 2007, 05:55 PM
That pic is awesome Chiko! I wonder how you'd go drawing the other teams as well.

Bulbasaur4
20th February 2007, 07:24 PM
^_^ BTW: I realized that a lot of people have been trying to contact me. My NEW AIM name is mentepazza (not mentepazzo4 anymore). Feel free to add and talk!

Mystic_clown
20th February 2007, 07:25 PM
I'm guessing you don't have MSN then?

Bulbasaur4
20th February 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I do have MSN but I just rarely go on it.

Mystic_clown
20th February 2007, 07:56 PM
ah, ok. do you mind if I add it?

Bulbasaur4
20th February 2007, 08:02 PM
Heck no, it is in my TPM profile so you can obtain it there. ^_^

Mystic_clown
20th February 2007, 08:06 PM
ok, got it. thanks ^^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st February 2007, 01:09 PM
Warning: Large-ish images (or longish, at any rate). I invoke the misdrawing clause! And Team 14's one was different because I am evil and biased I decided this long horizontal format looked better. *shifty eyes*

REALLY Team 13 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/team13-final.gif)
...and if you want to see the version with the humongous TWELVE in the background... (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/team13-misnamed.gif)
I am truly sorry if Onitoge looks too.. umm... sad. He was kind of hard to decide on a 'look' for. Inakumo's mask is partially based off Sweet Tooth's from Twisted Metal - may I mention here that I do actually have an irrational fear of clowns. xD

Team 12 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/team12-final.gif) (large)
This looked a lot better when there was an extra I behind the XII to balance things up *mutters* I had to fudge quite a lot of the character designs for this team since I didn't quite get a good picture from the descriptions/wanted to make all of them look different from each other... Apologies. In case it is impossible to tell, l to r: Selekis, Shiro, Hiro (or according to a friend - emo kid, goth kid, emo kid 2)

Team 15 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/team15-final.gif)
Ushi gets props for being one of the more fun characters to draw. The theme colour of this team was also because of Ushi... snigger. The pink version of this was, if possible, sissier. xD

Another Team 14+Ginmaru sketch... because I can. (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/sketchy14.jpg)

*toddles off to do some /actual/ posting... ><*

Heald
21st February 2007, 01:26 PM
...you know what, I was thinking that you might now be able to pull off this crazy insane clown I have in my head.

In fact not only did you capture it, you've done it better than I could possibly imagine.

Okay, everyone, pay no attention to my description - that is what Inakamo looks like.

BTW - it was probably my bad description, but the mask actually does cover the side of the face the mask represents i.e. the mouth goes over the mouth, the eye over the etc. Looking back, it was a pretty lousy description. Think Two-Face from Batman: two completely different halves make up one full face.

So if he actually put the mask on properly, so it covered the right side of his face (left side from our perspective) then that's what he looks like with the mask on.

Also, Inakamo is intent on keeping that side of his face covered. I was going to reveal it later with a mark and an orange eye, but lo and behold you've actually guessed right. Wow.

EDIT Just realised my description said he had a mark on his eye anyway...I'm such a tool. But I meant a more...evil mark on the other eye (the eye he hides behind the mask). But anyway, still an awesome drawing.

OOH FOREBODING. That's right guys, Inakamo has a history...a dark one.

Sworkill87
21st February 2007, 02:01 PM
Chiko-sai, hi, we've never actually talked before, but I have to say that your team drawings are AWSOME! You captured Raizen and Ushi perfectly.^_^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st February 2007, 02:10 PM
@Heald: Oooohhhh... NOW I get it. I had the sort of idea that the mask was like an ANBU mask - hence the picture. Dammit now you tell me that Inakumo becomes a whole lot scarier *twitch* The orange eye was really more to do with the overall color scheme; OMHOLY I MADE A SPOILER xD;;
I might redraw him now I know what he looks like - shouldn't take too long since I AM obsessively doodling the characters in this RPG already anyway...

@Kalah - *tugs* Check your inbox! Or add me - iatentdead on AIM x3

@Sworkill - Thankee-sai :3 *fangirls all over Raizen and Ushi*

Mystic_clown
21st February 2007, 03:03 PM
I love how these turned out. Brilliant Work Chiko. Hmm, Selekis looks rather, femenine though...and yet it works. Good job.

Bulbasaur4
21st February 2007, 03:59 PM
O M G

USHI AND RAIZEN ARE AMAZING!!!! *dies laughing*
See... this is perfect, because the people who play Team 15 (Ushi/McNinja | Swordkill/Raizen | Duke/Masato) all go to my college.. (and there team, believe it or not... was totally randomized too. I was freaked out.) And we have this ongoing joke about Raizen and Ushi because in one of our nerdy Naruto RPGs... they had this same conflict. Heh... or similiar at least.

I just love it!! And the word bubbles and Masato's expression... brilliant!
I love all the others too! Everyone just is brought to life and this will really help with character developement. Chiyoko is kawaaaiii!!

OH... I ALMOST FORGOT...
With my fangirl obsession of Gaara... I noticed that you drew Onitoge to look like Gaara. *blinks at Onitoge* Now i'm torn.

*ahem*... if you ever want to draw more fan art Yi-wen... to help your obsession... I encourage- no, demand it! ... okay, demand sounds mean. But I'll probably love you 10 times more than I already have since I first met you. And thats a lot. Like... scary lot.

What type of pen do you use to draw the outlines btw? I must find this pen and acquire it, since all my pens seem to fizzle out on me. *cries*

Arnen
21st February 2007, 04:21 PM
I heart the smiley notebook :3

... Pens are evil... especially dark gel-type pens that smudge!

Outlaw JT
21st February 2007, 04:35 PM
It's not quite how I picture Onitoge's gi but beyond that it's fantastic. The thought hadn't occurred to me before but he does look a bit like Gaara. In fact there are.......NM....... mmmmmm..... foreshadowing......

Anyways, I pictured his gi as being a bit like Ken's from Street Fighter only much closer to the neckline. Beyond that I'd say you nailed him. Oh, one other thing for future drawings (of which I hope there are many as they are all fantastic so far) I neglected to mention in my description that there is a red shadow under Onitoge's eyes.

:)

Keep those wonderful drawings coming!

Heald
21st February 2007, 05:13 PM
Again, fantastic pictures of all, not just the crazily creepy Inakamo.

If you do intend to redraw him (if you do, that would be utterly awesome), can the half of the mask be on the same side as the long sleeve? Basically, both on the right side of his body, so if you drew him facing the viewer, it'd be the left (basically you have the sleeve on the correct side of the body and the mask is the correct half but it is placed on the wrong side of the face -_-;;), that way it'd be perfect. Oh yeah, the black mark and white cross need to go on the other eye too.

Damn, I feel I'm being too critical. Doesn't detract from the fact it is still an awesome image.

Also, I did imagine Sweet Tooth from Twisted Metal when I was conceiving this character. Great minds think alike I suppose.

*Duke*
21st February 2007, 05:44 PM
Chiko-Sai! Team 15’s picture is fantastic, very nicely done with Masato…Though Bulbasaur4’s fawning of your artwork is starting to drive me and sworkill87 up a wall, for three hours we’ve heard her want to be more like you, lol, so keep up the great work.

Shadow Djinn
21st February 2007, 06:00 PM
Didn't think Shiro was emo, but if it helps you draw...>_>;

Good pictures nonetheless. I liked Shiro's birthmark, not as I had envisioned, but regardless, it's pretty. It'd be neat to see a full body pic of Shiro in the future.

(not a hint or anything...just saying.)

Dr.McNinja
21st February 2007, 06:05 PM
God I love Ushi....

Though any Yaoi fans need to back away. The only man Ushi could ever love would be Raizen.....any every guy's allowed to have their "one"...right?

*scribbles on a tiny notepad to give Ushi a girlfriend....who doesn't think he's also a girl*

Uberly awesome picture, you even got the red hair-ends! Thank you!

Roy Karrde
21st February 2007, 07:33 PM
Aww Hiro looks cute.

Anyway posted, Hiro pulled if not ripped some tendons/muscles in both of his arms after trying to lift a certain someone's weight.

*Duke*
22nd February 2007, 01:38 AM
HURRAY RANDOM TENDON/MUSCLE RIPPING! *Lee gives thumbs up and then flies away...* I didn't know Lee could fly...

(I have no idea why I wrote that...oh look a kitty)

Dr.McNinja
22nd February 2007, 08:33 AM
Of course Lee can fly.

Well...hopefully you won't have any missions too soon...ripped muscles are both incredibly painful and long healing.

Wait...we have medic-nin....RIP AWAY!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd February 2007, 11:11 AM
About the nicknames for Team 12 (Emo Kid Selekis, Goth Kid Shiro, and Emo Kid 2 Hiro) - those aren't MY opinions, a college friend of mine was watching me fiddle around with the image in Photoshop (with an evil grin on her face as she saw my slow-as-hell computer freeze twice, might I add) and made that remark based on my drawing xD;;; so the fault is my drawing and not anyone's characterization.

@Mystic: Seleki's description gave me the impression that he was a bishie xD;; so bishie you get! (eh.. feminine.. all bishies are feminine)

@Kalah: Onitoge looks like Gaara cos Onitoge's description reminds me of Gaara x3333 I used to be a Gaara fangirl, but jumped camp to Kiba and Kankurou (no, not together, LOL) after I saw their smexy double-teaming fight with Sakon-Ukon. As for the pens I use.. the one I used for all the team pictures was a waterproof/lightfast pigment pen. Like. I dunno. Artline, or UniPIN. I think in the US the equivalent would be Sakura Micron (?) And I cheated in Photoshop by yanking the Contrast slide all the way to the right. But for sketches I always use gel pens in very small sizes (0.5) because the scratchy, spontaneous lineart effect they give for much less effort than using a fountain pen and ink is wonderful. Just be careful not to smudge xD again, the preference for gellies is primarily mine, but I recommend you get one of those pigment ink pens - they're sort of like high-class felt-tips. But really, I'm sure you have at least one of them, I mean your Moswen lineart looks like you used one of those... like this one (http://www.uniball.com.sg/html/product_detail.php?pageNum_rec_prod_details=2&category=Fine%20Line%20Markers%20and%20Highlighter s)

@JT: When I read stuff like training gi I tend to be all 'whuh'? cos there's lots of types of training gis - but in my experience there's never been an RPer who's made a character that I was totally 100% sure of the looks for; I mean I know *I* don't think of footling details like "what kind of collar does that shirt have?" or "should I have a cuff like that thingy or that other thingy?" till I start drawing the character ^^;; if and when I redraw Onitoge I'm going to be asking you lots of stupid things like "exactly *what* kind of weighted cloak, ripped, mysteriously burnt at the ends or thinger?" LOL ^^;;

@Duke: Tell Kalah it's bad to be like me... you end up drawing all day and not posting.

@SDjinn: Nnnggg. I had Shiro down as the professional snarker type in my head, but my friend hadn't read any of the posts and was labeling him a goth kid based on my drawing.

@McNinja: I HEART RAIZENxUSHI. CAN I IMPLY ALL SORTS OF THINGS IN MY POSTS THROUGH KUKAI, CAN I CAN I *fangirls*

Bulbasaur4
22nd February 2007, 05:52 PM
Oh dearest Yi-wen... I have edited my signature thanks to you and our little talk. Mwhahahaha...

If anyone wants to use the same banner and what-not... it is free to use at your disposal. ^_^ MWHAHAHAHAA... *runs off laughing*

Bulbasaur4
22nd February 2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry for the double post... but I did a sketchy of the four sensei!

SKETCHY! (http://img.sheezyart.com/art/image/109/1096675.png)
However, this one is better than the last because I actually shaded it and put some effort into it. *glomps them all*
I really like Takumi's expression... and Kazuki's bad-ass vibe... and Yukiso's smile... *strokes the bishies* ^_^ xD I just get bored and draw them... and I'm slowly working histories and knowledge-bases for them. 'Tis evil and fun!

I love the posts guys! Keep'm go'n! Weee!

Dr.McNinja
23rd February 2007, 12:04 AM
Yay for fanclubs!

Heald
23rd February 2007, 04:14 AM
Takumi looks awesome. Should be a fun mentor for Inakamo to RP with.

Arnen
23rd February 2007, 04:37 PM
Ooh! I wanna be in the fan club! o.o

Bulbasaur4
23rd February 2007, 05:08 PM
Feel free to join! ^_^ Anyone can join the fanclub! You can use the image or just put in the text... *glee glee*

Anyways... because I was bored, here are some sketches I did. Don't ask why.. just did.
Team 15 - Powerpuffitized! (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1095636/)

But also... I did a Chiyoko sketch, which later I decided to try my hand in at coloring. ^_^
Chiyoko (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1094119/)

I'll be doing more rough pencily sketches like the sensei one of people though- for good practice. Some foreshadowing sketchies too!

Arnen
23rd February 2007, 05:33 PM
Meeheehee... Spiffeh x3 *will totally post once she gets back from dinner*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
25th February 2007, 08:42 AM
SAMURAI SOOOOOOURU! MACHIGAI SOOOOOUU DEMO!!
Aaanyway... no, I haven't been doing anything particularly productive...

Team 13 Bonus
Chiyoko (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/chiyoko.gif) with a bowl of ramen; Inakamo and Onitoge (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/inaoni.gif) - despite appearances these were originally meant to be separate but I drew Inakamo too big so... it's like that. >_>;; No full-body either sorry ><

HAHA OMG WTF aka Pet-chan desu
Pet-chan (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/petchan-color.jpg). The original idea came up during my semi-daily nag chat with PJBW when he suggested that whip + Kukai + Hige = Pet dog (I think) and I said leash + Kukai +Hige also = Pet dog and that his was the version to be used at night when no one was looking. It slipped out of my mind until later when I was trying to seriously post for Calamity's Edge.
...Well you can guess the rest xD;; shite picture, even more shite post. -_-;;
About the picture (leash version, whip version is not fit for general consumption xD): Hige's collar (read the sign-up description) is just so sensitively cute I had to make fun of it this way. Haru is probably the one who recorded this scene down for posterity with a camera (that's why he's not in the picture) and Ginmaru is somewhere laughing his furry silver butt off. The line is "Eranda no wa... watashi da mono/Because I'm the one who chose (that person)" from Week! by Do As Infinity.

Outlaw JT
25th February 2007, 10:42 AM
Chiko-sai, the new drawing of Inakamo and Onitoge..... Onitoge is PERFECT!!!!!!! 100% how I see him now!! Than you sooooooo much!!!! :)

Heald
25th February 2007, 10:46 AM
Now that's an excellent picture! You've captured the insanity that is Inakamo perfectly!

I decided to give him a bit of colour and I flipped it (since the mask is on the right hand side). Hope you don't mind!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/HealdPK/inakamo.png

Bulbasaur4
25th February 2007, 12:14 PM
Awwwaaiiii!!! Chiyoko is so kawaii! *pets Chiyoko*
^_^ Awesome Yi-wen! *dances* I also love the picture that you drew of the rest of her team... *blinks at Onitoge, pondering the meaning of "Gaara"*
^_^;;; I also think the Kukai + Hige picture is hilarious!!! I love Hige's expression!

*glee glee*
Well.... here is something I did last night of Team 15, due to request. It isn't the best because my photoshop does not work with a mouse very well. ^_^;; but I had to try out my new inking pens! The ink actually is fun... and I got my calligraphy pens in, but I'm missing the Maru pen tip so I can't start until I get that in. Anyway... onward!
Team 15 Sketch (http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/i/2007/056/5/0/Team_15_Sketch_by_kalandy44.jpg)

Team 15 Color! (http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/056/b/f/Team_15_in_Action_by_kalandy44.png)

Heald
25th February 2007, 12:48 PM
^ Great sketch.

However, in the colour one, it looks like Kakashi has lost his left leg as Masato's hand looks like a severed leg and a bit of bone sticking out. Not a mistake, just really funny lolz

*Duke*
25th February 2007, 02:32 PM
Chiko-sai, again you astound me with your sketches, though your clown mask reminds me of something out of Twisted Metal Black, and when I think of Sweet Tooth I get a little freaked out, Mission Accomplished!

Mystic_clown
25th February 2007, 03:09 PM
Awesome pic Heald, that guy trully is nuts.

As usual, awesome pics Kalah. Think you'd be able to do a sketch of team 14?

and on a final note...*sings* Happy Birthday to me!

Heald
25th February 2007, 03:40 PM
Awesome pic Heald, that guy trully is nuts.
Thanks, but I didn't actually draw it, Chiko-Sai did ^_^;; I just flipped it and colored it in for a more accurate view of what Inakamo looks like.

Bulbasaur4
25th February 2007, 07:04 PM
Hey! As a Happy Birthday present, I drew a sketch of Selekis... but I'm sorry if I got anything wrong. ^_^

Selekis (http://img.sheezyart.com/art/image/110/1100678.png)

Mystic_clown
25th February 2007, 08:07 PM
I love it. Thank you Kalah *hugs* ^_^

Bulbasaur4
26th February 2007, 01:01 AM
YAAAY! So I'm getting a tablet in a few weeks once I get paid and I'm fully excited.

NO MORE CRAPPY MOUSE! *kills mouse*
Despite that...

Gaara and the "Numa Numa" song (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1101044/)
Just figured some of you would get a kick out of this

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th February 2007, 01:26 AM
NOOUU!!! TEMASHIKA FTW!! But, that would SO be like Shikamaru... "mendokusei na" even when rabid fangirls are making him do OOC things like loving Gaara.

Bulbasaur4
26th February 2007, 01:34 AM
^_^ I totally am for TemaXShiku too!! However, I wanted to try shadow-rising...

*quickly inserts note* None of the Gaara shippies in this flash are connected to what I really think.

Because we all know Gaara is mine. ;p *laughs at Gaara's expressions* XD

Mystic_clown
26th February 2007, 01:46 AM
lmao. Poor Gaara. Speaking of Flash, how is it going? The Flash for the RP I mean.

Um, I'm a bit lost on what's happening in the RPG at the moment. Could someone fill me in?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th February 2007, 06:37 AM
@Mystic: Umm we passed the test to become official genin and all the rest is filler/character development. AFAIK Team 13 are having a great sense of bonding (and Inakamo gets an ominous nightmare), Hiro ripped some tendons, Shiro helps out Hiro, Ushi appears to move into Raizen's closet, Hige and Kukai are hissy-fit-ing at each other. Pretty much everything that's been posted :D

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but...

Team 14, maybe 7+ years later, drabble. Partially (okay, 75%) yanked from yet another chat with PJBW. HigexKukai, the f*ck buddy version the friends with benefits version. Which may or may not be used in the RPG depending on circumstances and/or plausibility of a happier, fluffier, more romantic relationship.

Surrounded by the white walls of the hospital room, the former Genin Team 14 is addressing a certain problem, as best as they know how. Kukai's sitting up in bed. Haru's clutching a clipboard, but he's a well-respected medic-nin now and there are less stories written on the pad attached to the clipboard as opposed to records of patients, living and dead. Hige's sprawled on an uncomfortable plastic chair, fidgeting.

Surprisingly, Haru is the first to speak. "So," he begins, clearing his throat, "um... do either of you have anything to say for yourselves?"

Hige blurts out: "We don't tell anyone."

Kukai is impossibly impassive, but there's a glint in her eye that indicates otherwise. She lays down her argument, disturbingly concise. "But that's lying."

Hige twitches. "Okay, so we only tell the ones who need to know."

"Yeah, like my husband and your Ayame-san."

This time Hige flinches as if he'd just been punched in the stomach by an irate Sakura.

Watching them carefully, Haru chokes down the sudden impulse to laugh out loud.

Bulbasaur4
26th February 2007, 09:03 AM
*falls over laughing*

I don't need to say anything... just... HEE! That is funny!

Mystic_clown
26th February 2007, 04:06 PM
*doubles over laughing*

Hey, I just noticed something about Selekis. He freakishly alot like Fuu from KHII...Holy crap it's Fuu's long-lost bro!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th February 2007, 11:17 PM
Food for thought. People who do not want to be spoiler'd for Shippuden, do not read.
Probably rated R, but eh, it's not sex or anything. (http://theninjakitty.livejournal.com/55908.html)
...oh god. Kalah, if that above link does not make you WANT a bathroom scene in our RPG, I can draw fanart for you to help you change your mind. *laughs like a hyena till she curls up and dies*

Bulbasaur4
27th February 2007, 12:03 AM
*DIES LAUGHING*
OMG that is amazing! *glomps Yi-wen* Amaaazing...

... but I am going to lie and say, "no, it does not..." so I can have fan art. xD
*ahem* I'd like a picture of Gaara and me doing- *suddenly gets dragged off*

Nyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! B-but Gaaaraaaaaa-kuuunnn..

Shadow Djinn
27th February 2007, 12:42 AM
Food for thought. People who do not want to be spoiler'd for Shippuden, do not read.
Probably rated R, but eh, it's not sex or anything. (http://theninjakitty.livejournal.com/55908.html)
...oh god. Kalah, if that above link does not make you WANT a bathroom scene in our RPG, I can draw fanart for you to help you change your mind. *laughs like a hyena till she curls up and dies*

I think that is worse than Yaoi.

Seriously. ;_;

Outlaw JT
27th February 2007, 07:49 AM
And people say us guys are bad. You gals are coming off much worse right now I'd say.......

*audibly twitches, feeling traumatized for having clicked on Chiko-sai's link*

Heald
27th February 2007, 08:31 AM
These chicks think all guys do in the showers is show off how big their wangs are?

they're onto us

Thank God Inakamo's too self-conscious about his body so I wouldn't have to RP any sort of lewd scene.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
27th February 2007, 08:36 AM
...What, you mean NOTHING of that kind actually happens when guys take communal showers?! xD okay, okay, I'm joking. I predict no male on the forums will EVER click on any of my links forever after :P

With that said - Heald, friend, I commend you for your bluff honesty xD;;;

Bulbasaur4
27th February 2007, 01:54 PM
*gives a thumbs up*
I was laughing more at the fact that it was written well, according to character. Especially the part with Lee & Neji ducking. *giggles insanely*

Ahh... I think all the males are going to regret RPing with us, Yi-wen. ^_^ xD
*cackles*

Mystic_clown
27th February 2007, 03:48 PM
Meh, I'd still be game to see what you churn out Chiko.

I'm not really frightened of you girls (just yet). Selekis will be just fine...isn't he?...right!?

Bulbasaur4
27th February 2007, 06:50 PM
Alright guys, I'm going to be posting later tonight to help move the plot along.
It'll have the Sensei again... reveal a little plot about them... and then I'll move the plot forward with some side-quests. Just read my post later and at the bottom I'll include more guidelines.
Until then... a comic, brought to you by my boredom.
Team 8 (http://img.sheezyart.com/art/image/110/1103122.png)

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
28th February 2007, 11:52 PM
BTW Kalah I can see how beautifully your Team 8 comic could work if it was voice-acted out in Japanese xD "INU GA SUKI DA!!" "Mushi ga suki da." and "Na...naruto ga suki d-da..."

Kalah's request (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/gaara-chiyoko.jpg) - because I am, essentially, a lazy creature, this is b+w faux oekaki style. Sorry :x Gaara and Chiyoko. PROTECTIVE GLARE OF DOOM pose.

Random Haru looking cute and underaged pic (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/ashita-haru.jpg)

Bulbasaur4
1st March 2007, 12:58 AM
I WUV YOU CHIKO-SAIIII!!!!!

*glomps, nuzzles and refuses to let go*
GAARAAAAA-kuuuuuun!!!!!
'tis awesome!!

And I'm glad that you like my Team 8 comic... I thought it would be a hilarious moment.

Mystic_clown
1st March 2007, 01:40 AM
RAWR! The comic wont load for me :(

Nice picks Chiko.

Bulbasaur4
1st March 2007, 11:35 AM
A different, more loadable-linky (http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/058/6/5/Team_8_and_their_Likes_by_kalandy44.png)

Try that then.. devi is a bit more friendly. ^_^

BTW: We're going to be having two late sign-ups, but they'll be introduced on your second mission. If you're one of the lucky winners of the draw... your team will be getting to meet them first.
Your main missions will also probably involve you joining up with another team- these missions are a tad bit more dangerous. ^_^;

Mystic_clown
1st March 2007, 10:21 PM
ok, cool. Can't wait for it.

BTW, has anyone seen Naruto Abridged on youtube.com? if you haven't, click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxfitqgw4EY

Shadow Djinn
1st March 2007, 11:43 PM
Ah, sorry for sporadic posting...just wanted to note that I'll have a post up tomorrow/the day after. Things have been rather hectic lately.

Roy Karrde
3rd March 2007, 02:06 AM
Just so that no one gets confused Kalah had me post, er post dinner with Chiyoko so that she could work my post into her's so yeah... alot of post... I'm exausted.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
3rd March 2007, 07:13 AM
@Mystic's latest post in the Naruto RPG main topic - Selekis's team is Team 12 and not Team 14, just thought I'd point that out seeing as Team 14's my character's (and PJBW's, and Arnen's) team :3

Mystic_clown
3rd March 2007, 03:04 PM
Whoops, sorry, editted *sheepish grin*

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th March 2007, 12:34 AM
Hmmm, everyone's away on spring break? D:

*quick picture dump*

Ugh. McNinja, I apologize for the abject crappiness of these:
Shukuchi ver. 1 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/shukuchi1.jpg)
Shukuchi ver. 2 (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/shukuchi2.jpg)

Wordless communication (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/fingercommunication.jpg)
I don't think everyone will understand the implications of the finger language in this sketch but heck there's Miharu-sensei on the side to look at :x

Mystic_clown
13th March 2007, 12:55 AM
I'm just waiting for someone to post four our group.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th March 2007, 01:00 AM
AHHA YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE xD but meh, I like it this way since I don't need to worry about posting for the moment and get more time to fiddle around in Photoshop.

Outlaw JT
13th March 2007, 05:32 AM
I am also waiting for people to post. It's driving me nuts. It astounds me that everyone who gets spring break all miraculously manage to travel to the middle of nowhere with no internet access. Serves me right for getting excited about posting in something. Every time I do almost everyone else in it disappears from it.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th March 2007, 07:07 AM
Well uh everyone needs to have fun? D: Kalah-senpai's in LA and McNinja has some NCAA thingy, some people are busy and everyone else I dunno DD: Wait till they all get back I guess, I haven't the foggiest when spring break ends (being from a country with an all-year-round monsoon/heat wave in lieu of seasons) so I'm just working off my obsession through fanart :x

Bulbasaur4
14th March 2007, 12:20 AM
I am sooo sowwiiie! I was going to spend all evening today to post (because I got back from Little Tokyo early) but the internet at my mother's apartment was down until now. (And I am so exhausted... but yaay for shopping for fooood!) *huggles her mochi*

Yes, McNinja is in the National competition for swimming in TX this week... Gooo yooou! *pom pom cheer* I'm in LA and doing lots of things with *Duke* for spring break as well. He's really slow at posting, so we can kick him.
I've been working on some awesome Sound Ninja bios (well, during my plane trip) for the Chuunin exams. They're awesomely killer (we needed more due to the mass amount of people, but I gave them personalities since I'm going to use them later. MWHA!)

However, I absolutely promise that I am going to post tomorrow night. I merely plan on eating lunch, laying out on the yacht, picking my mother up from her business trip at the airport and then coming back here and having free time (and internet hopefully... x.x) to post.

Oh, Swordkill keeps complaining that he's bored. LET'S ALL BUG HIM TO POST! xD

But I promise, tomorrow I am posting for Chiyoko and the Sensei. This means plots will continue and I *expect* everyone in the RPG to post their battle posts except for Heald, who is gone. Should be fun!

AND CHIKO SAIIII!!! Miharu is soooo kawaaiiii!! xD And I love the finger symbols! 'Tis amazing! *glomps*
^_^

Here is my piece of art *coughtotallynonRPGrelated*
This is another " " Likes comic... but with Sasuke!

Sasuke Likes... (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1114216/)

Weee!

Roy Karrde
14th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Kalah Appears! Hey K-ster where in TX is McNinja? BTW I have so much I want to talk to you about tonight! * Spins around Loli style and then faints *

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
14th March 2007, 02:12 AM
OOT @ Roy: OMG Princess Tutu LOL

@ Kalah: Hmmm it's just me and my Team 8 biasedness but.. I liked the Team 8 one better ^^;; ...and I would bug everyone to post if I dared to :x anyway! Here's to the next time we meet on AIM because Mcninja has dropped a big spoiler about the Chuunin exams on my head and I want to fangirl about it/discuss it with you AHAHAHAHAHA *brandishes humongous, shiny spoiler*

Outlaw JT
14th March 2007, 07:29 AM
You don't need to bug me to post. I would've posted again already except I was the last one to post. I can't wait to read new posts when I get home tonight. I suspect I will be staying up late to post myself. Really late possibly depending on when other people's new posties are up....... So, I will hold you all responsible if I am up till 4am waiting for posts to respond to. Promises have been made and I will be up till I see them done!

^_^ but no pressure or anything........

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
14th March 2007, 07:41 AM
*thumbs up at JT* YES!! Here's to Naruto RPG obsession!!! xD hm I think PJBW wrote something already only it's probably a one paragraph/dialogue something, meh I already satisfied my nonsensical posting urge temporarily in A Shadow Upon Heaven so I can wait :3
.... or not, depending on how hyper I am :33

Shadow Djinn
15th March 2007, 02:16 AM
Just noting that tomorrow I'll be posting as a reprieve from my studies. I'll probably have Shiro going after Den.

Silencer
15th March 2007, 04:12 PM
Hello to all of you.

So we have a lounge to huh. Pretty nice.

I'd like to thank bulbasaur first for letting me join.

Second for drawing Soen.

And third, you can all add me on AIM if you want. My screen name is Chishio Soen or ChishioSoen. I'm not used to the program yet but I think it's the second one.

Inferno_Dragon
15th March 2007, 04:20 PM
Hello all! Finally I can post here!

I am techically a LSU even though I did post my sign-up on the Sign-Up form, but with some complications it did take a while. Hopefully, I can help make this RPG a good one with all of your particapants.

Bulbasaur4
15th March 2007, 04:35 PM
*huggles her two LSUs*
Awww... they're so kawaiii!! ^_^

In any case, woot for posting! *dies* Now I gotta finish my sound bios and come up with some new stuffs.
... all after sun bathing! *frolicks*

Heald
16th March 2007, 11:16 PM
Guys.

I really really really really want to post.

Unfortunately I'm in Australia.

(for the uninformed, I normally live in England)

I'm really too busy having fun with these guys I'm travelling with that it'd seem selfish to say 'Hey guys, can I stop for an hour, I wanna post in a Naruto RPG on a Pokemon board'.

Rest assured, if the oppotunity arises, I will try to take it.

In the meantime, Inakamo will have to remain an NPC I suppose.

Mystic_clown
16th March 2007, 11:38 PM
Welcome to Australia! The Country of Awesome! Hey, maybe I'll see you if you stop in Souht Australia.

Bulbasaur4
16th March 2007, 11:56 PM
Behold my boredom!

Raizen & Ushi (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1124489/)

Outlaw JT
17th March 2007, 05:51 AM
Behold my boredom!

Raizen & Ushi (http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1124489/)

If you're bored you could always post. ^_^

Bulbasaur4
17th March 2007, 12:56 PM
lol, the day before that I wanted to draw and I didn't because I spent the whole night planning and writing for multiple RPGs. Not that I didn't enjoy it... just melts your brain. So I believe I had it due to be bored and able to draw instead of writing. ^_^ *huggles her tablet*

Although I'll be posting again today/tonight. Weeeeeeeee!!

Bulbasaur4
18th March 2007, 01:40 PM
>.<;; My flight was delayed for five hours.... gaaaahhhh! *cries*

Roy Karrde
18th March 2007, 01:58 PM
Welcome back Kalah! Hope you had fun on your trip though.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd March 2007, 01:40 AM
Anoooou *cough* Arnen, are you still around?? As a disclaimer before PJBW and I write battleposty, Haru's going to be getting slowly more confident and/or snarky, though he's still quiet - sort of like the guy who's rather quiet, but catches onto anything that's going on and is probably more perceptive than either one of his teammates.

Bulbasaur4
27th March 2007, 12:03 AM
I will give you all a swift kick in the butt if yah don't start post'n again reeeaaal soon.

I guess I will implement a warning to all- if you are inactive for two weeks, without warning me of your absense, I reserve the right to... ahem, terminate characters. This doesn't mean that if down the line you become active again you can't rejoin the RPG... it just means your charry is... umm... terminated, if I chose to do that.

I know that seems rather rough... but I think you guys understand. It helps me weed out inactive RPers while keeping plot lines going and offering me some useful plot movers.

Of course, people like Heald who have informed me of their absense a head of time are exempt from the 2 week rule. ^_^

Mystic_clown
27th March 2007, 12:21 AM
I guess I'll need to post more than. *posts*

Shadow Djinn
27th March 2007, 02:27 AM
Just posting to note that due to schoolwork I only have time to post at the plot points. So it's rather hard for me to do char dev when I see that pile of work eyeballing me...However, spring break is coming up, so I'll just say I'll be posting next Monday or whenever my team's storyline kicks back up. Apologize dearly for the inconvenience, if I find a pause before then I will post.

EDIT: Looking at my agenda, that means in the next two days. Maybe.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th March 2007, 04:24 AM
AAAAH LATENESS SORRY SOOORRRYYYYY

Team 14/15/2 continuation will be posted soon. Really. I have.. three paragraphs of vagueness, planned to end with Miharu and Yukiso saving our collective arses, that I will continue directly after PJBW (eventually) posts his Hige-grandstanding-pwning-and-etc opener... which I think he has written half of.. I *think*...

yes procrastination *hides*

Silencer
29th March 2007, 03:34 PM
I was getting worried Soen needed to rescue himself. :keke:

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
30th March 2007, 09:50 AM
Okay a follow-up update on the Team 2 rescue mission posting situation: (:x)

1. PJBW's internet is (still) shot
2. He's done his post
3. I've done my post
4. Sadly in chronological order his post goes before mine
5. However, I'll put mine up (for if you all really can't wait to move the plot) if his internet is still shot by Sunday (Sunday morning, GMT +8 hours that is - Saturday night for you Americans).

Bulbasaur4
30th March 2007, 10:01 PM
Okay, that sounds like a plan. I will be posting Monday to continue the plot. It will finish up the missions and allow for some 'free time' activity for a week, before the next arc begins. ^_^

This gives me time to start the Immortals RPG! ^_^

Silencer
31st March 2007, 02:03 PM
I have a petite request.

I was wondering if you guys would allow me to make a fanfic about this. I'll focus on my characters life and can explain a lot of things about his past. But at a certain point, I would come across your characters so I'm asking for permission to use them (as portraited in the RPG).

Still, this is just a thought and I might not go through with it. But if I can hang on to it for a long time, I would appreciate that you guys would allow me to use your characters.

Bulbasaur4
31st March 2007, 05:39 PM
I have no problem with you using the charries that I have created. In actuality, I was thinking of doing a similiar thing! ^_^ Of course, it'd be slightly tweaked since I have 2 Naruto RPGs to go off of .

Tee hee! When you have any chapters up and/or done, feel free to post their linkies here!

Mystic_clown
31st March 2007, 05:46 PM
Feel free to use Selekis Silencer. Just remember that he does not talk.

Sworkill87
31st March 2007, 06:17 PM
Raizen is at your disposal Silencer.

Silencer
2nd April 2007, 06:01 AM
I'm just going to check up on something. The usage of -san, -kun, -chan and the like

-san:
* someone outside of the family
* someone not considered to be a close friend

-kun:
* mostly used towards males
* used by superiours to inferiours
* generaly used to male children

-chan:
* the female version of -kun

-sempai:
* eg: used by a younger student towards an older student.

-sensei:
* teacher

-sama:
* superiour
* someone you show respect to

-dono:
* used when speaking towards a lord
* used when speaking to someone of equal level, but you show respect towards him/her

long live wikipedia for providing me with this knowledge

But does anyone know how to adress your parents and other relatives such as brothers?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
2nd April 2007, 09:00 AM
Hmm actually -chan may be used for males as well, but only for little kids; some little boys may not even like being addressed as -chan ie. Konohamaru. So you can use it to taunt people as well. (haha) -chan also denotes closeness to the person addressed.

Parents:
haha - (respectful) mother
okaa-san - mom, mommy
chichi - (respectful) father
otou-san - dad, daddy
oyajii - some tough guys use this to call their dad. Ref: Inuzuka Hige. Literally the japanese version of 'my old man'

Siblings:
Aneki - older sister, a bit formal I think
Aniki - older brother, ditto above. This is what Sasuke used to call Itachi.
Onee-san/onee-chan - older sister, common usage
Onii-san/onii-chan - older brother, common usage
Otouto - younger brother
Imouto - younger sister

Ok some more stuff for your listy Silencer. :3

-chin - alternate version of -chan; supposed to be 'cuter' or more 'childish', also rarer. AFAIK for females only
-tan - a child's mispronounciation of '-chan', kinda otakuish
*no suffix* - In Japan this would be considered really rude unless you are VERY close to the person addressed. Like, even closer than -chan. Very informal.
Kohai - this is a general term for underclassmen. No need to attach to the end of names; it's like a freshman would call a sophomore 'Aizawa-sempai' but the sophomore would refer to the freshman when introducing, "This is my kohai."

And you can use Kukai in your fic if you like. :33

Silencer
3rd April 2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks to all who have allowed me to use their characters so far.

I have uploaded the prologue as a .doc to my esnips account. Just say so here and I'll PM you the link where you can dl it and future chapters.

I plan on posting it in the fanfic section someday so if you don't feel like dling then you can just wait.

And before you ask, I have the standard English spellchecker meaning it checks for british writing. Sorry if it freaks on your system.

The first chapter will have English(USA) spellcheck though.

*Duke*
3rd April 2007, 01:16 PM
Masato would love for you to write about him, in fact he'll start speaking in the third person now...ha ha ha ha

Bulbasaur4
3rd April 2007, 02:42 PM
Wow Pat, that was the lamest thing ever. xD

I'll take the PM link.

Sworkill87
3rd April 2007, 11:22 PM
*smacks Duke* Yeah, I'd like the Pm link too please.

Heald
4th April 2007, 10:50 PM
Hey all.

Having fun in Oz. In fact I have 2 months to go!

Kalah, did you get that post I sent you for the Chunin exams? Hope that should cover Inakamo's action until I get back in June.

Anyway, I'm supremely jealous that I missed out on the fighting, but hopefully I'll make up for it in a few months time.

Outlaw JT
5th April 2007, 01:36 AM
Hey all.

Having fun in Oz. In fact I have 2 months to go!

Kalah, did you get that post I sent you for the Chunin exams? Hope that should cover Inakamo's action until I get back in June.

Anyway, I'm supremely jealous that I missed out on the fighting, but hopefully I'll make up for it in a few months time.

Hey. No sweat. We got Inakamo's back till you return. Team 13 wouldn't be the same without our friendly neighborhood psycho clown.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
6th April 2007, 04:02 AM
As a heads-up/disclaimer to Kalah-senpai, my next (filler) (drabble) post is going to have a lot of Takumi-sensei and Miharu-sensei in it (if that's okay).
Also could we have another festival event sometime pleeeeeeease cos I wrote about 3/4 of my Kirigakure festival post before the Miharu post where we all ran home to Konohagakure and I don't want to waste it DD:
And Silencer PM link fic please thanky :3

Bulbasaur4
6th April 2007, 10:19 AM
xD Suries. Actually, I think I'll add a festival during the Chuunin. Heh... a nice little festival that celebrates the beginning of the Chuunin exams. MAkes everyone thing the Chuunin exams are all happy and such... and then BLAMMY! They get smacked with Chuunin-awesomeness. ^_^

And go ahead with the TakumixMiharu thing. ^_^ heh

Silencer
9th April 2007, 03:47 PM
Just posting to say that I'll probably post tomorrow, both in the RPG as with the fanfic.

Some holiday and preholiday parties kept me from doing so earlier. Also if Inferno_Dragon is reading this, could you if it is alright if I use your character. He'll appear much faster then the others since he's Soens teammate and I will probably introduce him in chapter two, chapter three the latest.

Inferno_Dragon
9th April 2007, 04:22 PM
Sure, Siencer. I was wondering when you were going to ask me. I allow you to right to use my character in your fanfic.

Bulbasaur4
4th July 2007, 11:21 PM
OMG BACK FROM THE GRAVE-NESH!!!

Anyways, I am posting to let everyone know that this RPG's haitus is officially going to be over within a day or two! I'm working on the Chuunin arc, so BWHAHAAA!!

So be prepared! The Chuunin arc will be the most post-needed, due to the fact that I need everyone to post their battle posts and stuff... but don't worry on how that works. As soon as we get to the prelim battles, I will let everyone know how it is going to work.

AND to celebrate this WONDEROUS occasion... I have a picture for all of you to seeeee!!!

Raizen X Ushi (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59102562/)

Sworkill87
6th July 2007, 12:33 AM
Well, it's not as good as Kalah's. But Raizen requested that I make a response to her picture with his version of what went on that day.

Raizen X Ushi (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/59180826/)

There you go!

Silencer
6th July 2007, 04:45 AM
I guess me and Inferno_dragon will get new teammates, hooray :D

If this RPG revives, maybe I could revive my fanfic XD

Heald
6th July 2007, 05:28 AM
I'm totally back in.

Outlaw JT
6th July 2007, 11:12 AM
Onitoge's been waiting a long time to get back in the mix.

Bulbasaur4
6th August 2007, 05:38 PM
Go check out the main Naruto topic guys. ^_~

Oh, and don't mind the very crude and very rushed banner I made. I just wanted it to be SPECIAL. XD

Also, Outlaw... we'll have to flashback the conversation that Takumi and Onitoge have. i'll try to catch you on AIM sometime.

Ultimate Charizard
6th August 2007, 10:14 PM
With B4's permission ill be jumping in on this (dont worry i asked in advance)

And, to finally try turning myself into a writer and not base every charachter i play on myself.....(thats right :gasp:) ill be using a brand new char! And its a girl! lol

Name: Leaf (im not good with Japanese style names so ill have a mysterious Pseudonym lol)
Appearance: Long red hair tied back in a ponytail with a couple of bangs hanging at the front. Brown eyes. Average build but fairly tall for her age.
Wears an outfit very similar to Sakura however it is a pale yellow/orange colour with an Orange silk Scarf that flows out behind her. A matching sash is tied around her waist with her Leaf Villiage 'headband'.
Wears brown taping/knuckleguards up her forearms and matching taping just up past her ankle.
Personality: Bit of a loner when not required to be with others. Doesnt mind getting invloved with teamwork and will do all she can to aid her team. She does have low confidence, not in her abilities but more herself in general. Ie she trusts her abilities in combat however is very shy to talk to people in a social sense. Convincing herself that 'if someone wanted to talk to her, then they would talk to her first'.
Does have a stubborn habit of convincing herself she cant do something, giving up in that area and trying something else. Whether it be a training technique or a route somewhere.
History: Not an orphan as such, more that she was shunned by her family for reasons she wont go into. This is the reason for her name as her clan forbade her from using their name and thought it fitting that she now wanders 'as a leaf on the breeze' in the Villiage hidden within the Leaves.
Attended the Accademy to better herself. Refusing to be a no good bum.

Main Jutsu: Taijutsu though is capable with Ninjutsu also.
Special Abilities:
The usual speed and agility increases that most Tai Jutsu specialists have however her special technique is the opposite of this.
Stoneskin Jutsu: Allows her to channel her Chakra in such a way that it stifens and hardens her body. While immobile in this form nothing can break her skin including Kunai, Shuriken or Swords. Nor can she take injury from physical attacks. Indded most attackers not prepared for this Technique risk injuring themselves, expecting their momentum to take them through their target for a safe landing and suddenly finding that momentum stopped dead.
She Is very good at focusing her Chakra in her feet (Kakashi's tree climbing training and Naruto's water walking etc) and so this allows her to plant herself in place so she cannot be lifted or pushed around while immobile. She literally becomes an Immovable object however it can be very draining and at the moment can only be done with her full body.
She is trying to learn to focus this technique to turn it on and off without draining her too much or focusing it on a specific body part so she can counter attack more effectively.
Hobbies: An avid reader. She seems to read for the enjoyment of taking in the authors ideas, regardless of the subject. Shes been known to even read some of Kakashi Sensei's favourite books from time to time.
Relations: none
Other: Has absolutely no ability in Genjutsu. She cannot use them, nor does she have a good time evading them. If she realises she is under a Genjutsu she usually closes her eyes and just tries to shut it out.
Also has absolutely no ability with throwing weapons. She hasnt once managed to make a Kunai land point first. Usually clattering into its target on its side edge. Though at least it does hit target which is more than can be said for her Shuriken. has occaisionally experimented using a Bow however found it cumbersome when engaged in hand to hand combat.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th August 2007, 12:22 AM
.......it's ALIVE.

ce-le-bray-tion time come on!

Ultimate Charizard
7th August 2007, 12:36 AM
Was just thinking it may be a good idea (with the Chuunin exams starting) to get a roll call of everyone else whos still interested.
If its gone quiet and some have lost interest then teams might need streamlining (i know B4 wanted to fit me in with an undermanned team etc)

Silencer
7th August 2007, 05:51 AM
I'm guessing UC is becoming my new teammate? That should turn out to be interesting...

And we were undermanned because we didn't have a third sign-up -_-

Bulbasaur4
7th August 2007, 11:24 AM
Yaynesh! Alright, tonight I'll be introducing the new Sensei and being a Taijutsu specialist Gav, you'll fit riiiight in with the Sensei. ^_~

Oh, and the actual battling part of the Chuunin Exams will be rolled at random. (If you guys want to know how it'll be...)
If your character faces a basic NPC, the NPC loses and you win automatically. No post really required.
If your character faces an advance NPC (Sasuke, Naruto, Rock Lee, Shikamaru) then you have to make a good post in the way you beat them or I might allow the NPC to beat you! BWHAA
If your character faces an elite NPC (Gaara) Then you auto-lose. Gomen. (There is one Sound Ninja girl who is an elite as well, but she'll be paired with an NPC and then be disqualified from battling. You'll see why. :3)

If you face another made character, then the two of you must post your battles and PM them to me. I then will grade them both based on creativity, grade and overall how it is written. (Like, is it interesting? Did you make your opponent look good too?) The one who is the winner will get the 'good to go' to post their version of the fight.

Who gets to be a Chuunin will be graded differently. I won't tell you how I grade it though, 'cuz then you might try to post to gear towards it! BWHAAA!

Yah, gotta go make some f un forms.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th August 2007, 12:07 PM
*crawls back into business* TEAM FOURTEEN LIIIIIIVES. THE BIGGEST PROCRASTINATORS IN THE RPG FORUM ARE STILL PLEDGED TO THE CAUSE.

Also, Kalah-senpai, do the randomizations of the Chuunin exam battles carry over from the initial ones you did before the long hiatus, or are you going to redo them to include the new additions? Am interested to know cos.. y'know... *conspiratorial wink* :33

Bulbasaur4
8th August 2007, 12:42 PM
lol, they will be redone since we have new people. After midway through the Forest of DEEAAATH, the official and initial pairings will be announced so that people may prepare. Also, persons having failed in posting then will be weeded out and shall face automatic losses.

Silencer
13th August 2007, 01:30 PM
Question for team 17.

Should we (me, UC and Inferno_Dragon) work on the meeting or will that be posted?

Also Inferno's last post were a month ago, anybody know what happened to him?

Bulbasaur4
13th August 2007, 11:12 PM
No idea what happened to him. And yes, I implied that you all met with Sai, realized you were a team and trained for a bit. ^_^

Also... FAIR WARNING to everyone in this RPG. If, by the Chuunin Prelims, you are not active or have not posted, keep in mind that your character is fair game for elimination. This means I can dispose of your character OR give them to someone else who is willing or wants to play them. Keep in mind that the former is more likely. If you, for some reason, are unable to post by then... message me with your excuse. ^_^

This will help us weed out inactive teams and give those who ARE active a fair chance to role play with active teammates for when we enter the battling phase with Gaara and Orochimaru, Ataksuki and the like.

Shadow Djinn
14th August 2007, 04:18 AM
Posted, but momentary mind lapse - does the genin have to answer all 10 questions or just at least 1? The chuunin exam was ages ago for me, so it slipped my mind entirely. Are we still doing the heaven/earth scroll thing as well?

Silencer
14th August 2007, 06:34 AM
Well, If I remember correctly the rules were this

... hold on

1 - Every person starts with 10 points
2 - With every wrong answer you lose a point
3 - Everytime you are caught cheating, you lose 2 points

It's also a team event so if someone on your team gets caught 5 times then the entire team is DQ'ed. (suprised that no one posted teams getting DQ'ed) The tenth question is also not on the test, but will be asked 15 minutes before the end of the exam

Bulbasaur4
14th August 2007, 09:19 PM
YAY FOR SPESHIAL EVENTS!

Team 12: Kabuto joins up and helps you. TAKE THAT Naruto! XD

Team 13: Stumble upon Gaara and his team squishing Rain Ninjas. Also run into Kiba, Shino and Hinata afterwards.

Team 14: You get the loooovely pleasure of stumbling upon Dosu's team attacking Sakura. You choose to help or not. ^_~

Team 15: You get the loooovely pleasure of stumbling upon the original Sound Nin Team I created. Best avoid getting seen. When you come to this part, pause upon what you actually see and I will post what you see.

Team 17: Come across Orochimaru fighting Anko... yeah... might wanna run away or be daring and help??

* Keep in mind that don't worry about staying true to the Manga or Anime. ^_^ Any questions, just ask. I am also rolling up the Chuunin Prelims chart soon! That will be posted here so you can get your posts ready ahead of time! ^_^ Oh, btw... I recommend reading everyone's post.

Ultimate Charizard
14th August 2007, 09:41 PM
hmm so im guessing team 17 is a little behind at the min (story wise) since as far as i can tell the trouble with the team prevented entry into the written exam.
Do we just show up at the Forest?

Bulbasaur4
14th August 2007, 10:43 PM
No, actually you guys made it to the written exam. The little story you guys were/are currently doing is a flash back. I hinted at it in the beginning with my Sensei post. And if you didn't think it was... well... I don't see any hurt in just using it as a flash back post. We all can catch on. Feel free to post already for the Forest of Death.

Also, i'll be making flash back posts for Sai and you guys too. I think you guys met her about two days before Chuunin. ^_^

Silencer
15th August 2007, 06:41 AM
Man, we are going to need to post somewhat to catch up. We still need to pass the first test XD but I guess that's the only difference now as the team has met.

Also, a slight note I'd like to make. Wasn't the second test 5 days instead of 3?

proof (http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/naruto_manga06/volume%205/ch45/Naruto45-11.jpg)

anyway, your RPG if you wish to edit or not.

Yes I'm a narutard

Heald
15th August 2007, 07:32 AM
So, do our teams just fight made-up NPCs to earn our scrolls? Hopefully I'll get to RP Inakamo in action at last.

Ultimate Charizard
15th August 2007, 09:00 AM
I think best thing Silencer would be to skip the written test otherwise we'll be doing nothing but posting different versions of what everyone else has already done a couple of times.
We should just skip up to the forest section.

Bulbasaur4
15th August 2007, 11:45 AM
Exactly. You can post flashbacks to the written test if you so desire or if something crucial happens for your character there.

As for the 5 day test... no offense, but I'm a huge Narutard so there won't be much that I'll miss. I purposefully put it at three days to speed things up. Unless you want to post for five days... but I'm assuming three is better. Besides, with so many teams I don't believe it to be too far fetched.

And Heald, yeah... battling NPCs here. You can choose any NPC you'd like to battle... or just make up your own. Doesn't matter. I plan for all teams to pass. It is the prelims that are gonna put all of you against eachother. ^_^

Bulbasaur4
15th August 2007, 09:53 PM
Alright guys... I have rolled up the Prelim Matches. I am posting them now so you guys can plan your posts ahead. These were all RANDOMLY drawn. Also, I have coded the match guide. I have given myself the liberty of 'foreseeing' the winner- remember, basic NPCs are automatic wins for our characters. Non-basic NPCs are NOT automatic wins. You have to PM me your post and I will decide if you win or lose based on your post.
The same goes for character VS character battles. Both combatants will PM me their post with their character winning, I shall grade w hich one is best and that will be the winner. Remember: I'm grading on quality, creativity, originality and a few misc. factors as well. <Like how active are you... blah blah.> There is only ONE Auto-lose. That is Gaara. Gomen.

If you wish to have your character lose and I have predetermined them to win, please PM me and I'll edit it and it'll be fine. ^_^ If you also disagree with the NPC VS NPC outcomes... feel free to say so. Will I change it? Maybe, maybe not. XD :P Oh, and I've added my own little 'thoughts' on each battle.

HERE THEY ARE...

Prelim Match Forecast

1.) Tenten VS Leaf
As much as I love Tenten, I think Leaf has too much to show in this one. :3
2.) Hige VS Kankuro
Tough but really interesting match-up. I look foreward to seeing this.
3.) Chiyoko VS Ino
I cackled... seriously, I cackled...
4.) Selekis VS Haru
Due to inactivity, Selekis gets the auto win.
5.) Neji VS Temari
Great match-up... but Neji gets the nudge. 'cuz he's Neji.
6.) Ushi VS Hiro
This will be a great battle for everyone to observe. I look forward to their posts.
7.) Inakamo VS Shikamaru
Tough match... ^_^
8.) Kukai VS Sakura
I cackled at this battle too...
9.) Shino VS Sasuke
Tough decision for me... but I gave Sasuke the nudge.
10.) Kaito VS Gaara
ouch... tough luck... but the PC was inactive anyway.
11.) Raizen VS Hinata
... this seems ironic. Poor Hinata.
12.) Naruto VS Choji
Naruto somehow gets away with this one...
13.) Rock Lee VS Shiro
Really, really tough match-up for Shiro.
14.) Soen VS Taio
And the battle will begin but... oh... wait... Taio quits and doesn't even start the battle.
15.) Kiba VS Onitoge
Arf arf!! Arf arf arf!! ... Yes Akamaru, this will be fun.
16.) Masato VS Daiko
Annnd it looks like Masato gets put against-oh, oh wait... Daiko was forced to quit by Taio. Puu.
17.) Nain VS Dosu (???)
Because I'm evil.

* PC VS Advanced NPC - Must PM post for a chance to beat.
* PC VS Gaara - Sucks to be you.
* PC VS PC - Both must PM me the post to see who the winner is.
Bold Items are Winners

Mystic_clown
15th August 2007, 11:17 PM
WOOT! Auto win! I'll make this a good one.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
16th August 2007, 01:36 AM
Re: Kukai vs Sakura - I'm going to have some problems making this interesting due to lack of catfight (which was the only reason the original Sakura vs Ino fight was interesting in the first place anyway).
PJBW IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON PROCRASTINATING THE CHEESEGRATER IS WAITING FOR YOU.

*cackles*

Silencer
16th August 2007, 07:30 AM
Win by default... so do I have to PM you the story (which will consist of about 10 lines) or is it OK if I just add it in the RPG thread?

Also are these in the order that the match-ups will be executed? So that you can put a little reference to the previous match like how it got your character excited.

It's interesting there are only 2 PC vs PC fights though

Bulbasaur4
16th August 2007, 08:51 AM
Wins by default do not have to PM me anything, they can go ahead and yes the numbered indicate the order in which the matches take place.

^_^

Outlaw JT
22nd September 2007, 02:07 PM
*nudge, nudge*

Anyone else still with this rpg? Some people haven't posted in the Forest of Death still and some of us are very eager for this rpg to begin moving again!

Ultimate Charizard
22nd September 2007, 09:19 PM
I was kinda waiting for teammate who hasnt posted to get something in though seems that may never happen so should probably write something.

Ultimate Charizard
23rd September 2007, 05:34 PM
...and on a related note.
Just got back from Games Workshop 'Gamesday' where i saw a guy walking round in a full Naruto costume for no apparent reason.

Now a little dress up is common (usually as military figures etc) but Naruto is a first.

Bulbasaur4
9th October 2007, 03:59 PM
Just lett'n yah know that Outlaw will be running the show for a little while. He's willing to help me out by taking a directing role to keep the RPG moving! YAY!

This helps a lot since my Profs are merciless on me! ;_;

Ultimate Charizard
9th October 2007, 08:24 PM
WOOT, On with the show!

Heald
13th November 2007, 01:57 PM
Hmm, I'd hate to be the one to bring this up, considering my own inability to consistently post, but I'd really like to see this through...at least to the end of the Chuunin exams, but I'd love for it to continue. This has so much potential.

If you're still interested in reviving this, please reply to this post. And B4, JT, if you're still alive, I'd be more than happy to help this thing move along. I'd really hate to see this die.

Ultimate Charizard
13th November 2007, 04:52 PM
Was talking to JT the other night on MSN.
Hes having some family medical trouble type stuff but should be back in the next week or so....told me to tell you guys lol.

Sworkill87
13th November 2007, 11:38 PM
Sorry to hear about JT's family trouble. But good to hear that we'll be picking up again. I'm game whenever.

Outlaw JT
6th March 2008, 02:54 AM
Is anyone still out there looking to see this make a come back. I'd love to see this thing through. It wouldn't be the same without a couple of people but I'm willing to give it a try anyway. Let everyone know here if you're still interested.

Ultimate Charizard
6th March 2008, 12:19 PM
Im in.

Outlaw JT
6th March 2008, 03:24 PM
With U_C and myself in I will go forward with this if one more person steps up. I hope a bunch more will step up to keep this alive but I'll revive it if there's at least three of us.

In any case, teams will likely be restructured post Chuunin exams based on who's still playing. Everyone who isn't going to be returning will see their characters either left behind or converted to NPCs based on their previous interactions with those who remain. If anyone has a link to the manga I will be needing it so I can pull the third Hokage's speech's from the Chuunin exams for the revival post.

Here's hoping all of you show up!! :)

Heald
7th March 2008, 07:31 AM
I'm in I guess.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
7th March 2008, 08:16 AM
I can't guarantee that I'll post consistently, considering that my laptop is currently deader than a dead.. thing, but you guys have my full support :3

Silencer
7th March 2008, 08:53 AM
I'l game. and there's an MSN group dedicated to the narutomanga called NarutoMangaReturns.

you could also try onemanga.

Outlaw JT
7th March 2008, 09:51 AM
Looks like we're on. Everyone get those Chuunin exam elimination battles ready to go. I'll make a post sometime within the next week to revive the rpg at the conclusion of the Forest of Death segment of the exam. We'll be using the same matchup chart unless there are objections. If someone who comes back is matched up against Gaara maybe we can give you someone else's slot so you don't have to lose. Likewise if two returning PCs are matched against each other we could shift things to accommodate both players. Just let me know here and I will repost the fight schedule with the appropriate edits.

Bulbasaur4
7th March 2008, 01:55 PM
I'll destroy you if you get rid of Chiyoko. :P I'm in! It's nice not to be in control of this. I can make posts but planning is too demanding right now. ^_^

Outlaw JT
12th March 2008, 03:44 AM
Prelim Match Forecast

1.) Tenten VS Leaf
As much as I love Tenten, I think Leaf has too much to show in this one. :3
2.) Hige VS Kankuro
Tough but really interesting match-up. I look foreward to seeing this.
3.) Chiyoko VS Ino
I cackled... seriously, I cackled...
4.) Selekis VS Haru
Due to inactivity, Selekis gets the auto win.
5.) Neji VS Temari
Great match-up... but Neji gets the nudge. 'cuz he's Neji.
6.) Ushi VS Hiro
This will be a great battle for everyone to observe. I look forward to their posts.
7.) Inakamo VS Shikamaru
Tough match... ^_^
8.) Kukai VS Sakura
I cackled at this battle too...
9.) Shino VS Sasuke
Tough decision for me... but I gave Sasuke the nudge.
10.) Kaito VS Gaara
ouch... tough luck... but the PC was inactive anyway.
11.) Raizen VS Hinata
... this seems ironic. Poor Hinata.
12.) Naruto VS Choji
Naruto somehow gets away with this one...
13.) Rock Lee VS Shiro
Really, really tough match-up for Shiro.
14.) Soen VS Taio
And the battle will begin but... oh... wait... Taio quits and doesn't even start the battle.
15.) Kiba VS Onitoge
Arf arf!! Arf arf arf!! ... Yes Akamaru, this will be fun.
16.) Masato VS Daiko
Annnd it looks like Masato gets put against-oh, oh wait... Daiko was forced to quit by Taio. Puu.
17.) Nain VS Dosu (???)
Because I'm evil.

That is currently the prelim matchups schedule. If you are in a losing battle or battle vs a fellow active pc let me know and we can rework the schedule to try and let everyone proceed.

Bulbasaur4
12th March 2008, 08:41 AM
Is it alright if I post the battle for Nain? :3 I just... would love to ... you know... 'play' with Dosu a while! XD

I'll also PM McNinja so he posts for Ushi! :D

I'm going to be in grease so for the next 10 days I won't be AS active as I can be, but I'll be posting once I find an internet cafe. Right now I'm posting in an airport! :D

Outlaw JT
14th March 2008, 03:00 AM
Next up is Hige versus Kankuro! Is Hige's RPer still present? Does anyone know how to reach them? I would like to give them time to get in with their battle. On the other hand, I don't want to let the rpg stall again while we are awaiting posts. If no one says anything by Monday morning I'll suggest we move on to match number 3, Chiyoko versus Ino.

Outlaw JT
14th March 2008, 03:11 AM
Is it alright if I post the battle for Nain? :3 I just... would love to ... you know... 'play' with Dosu a while! XD

I'll also PM McNinja so he posts for Ushi! :D

I'm going to be in grease so for the next 10 days I won't be AS active as I can be, but I'll be posting once I find an internet cafe. Right now I'm posting in an airport! :D

I may be at the helm but this rpg is still your creation Kalah. I'm happy to see you post the Nain/Dosu fight. That makes one less fight I need to summarize in the in between fights/plot advancement posts I will be trying to take on.

Speaking of plot advancement, I would greatly appreciate if you could email me what plans you had for the rpg as well as forms for the three sound nin you created. I have some of my own story ideas for the rpg's advancement but I'd be happier holding to the originally intended plot. Plus, if we manage to hold on to more than 5 RPers it might help to have alternative plots for different shinobi squads to follow. All things are crystal clear proceeding through the Chuunin exams but after that the path becomes murkier.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
14th March 2008, 07:23 AM
Re: Hige - PJBW is alive, I have no idea if he's still interested in the RP since I haven't been able to get online at the proper times to collar people resident in California.

Silencer
14th March 2008, 12:46 PM
So when Soens turn comes do I need to post a fight story to? It's a give-up fight and I think bulba would normally write the little story up.

Prof. Jb Wolf
14th March 2008, 02:39 PM
*Mutters something about bad timing.* Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can do as to a fight...actually if you could just move my fight down one slot I probably WILL have something...

Outlaw JT
14th March 2008, 04:50 PM
*Mutters something about bad timing.* Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can do as to a fight...actually if you could just move my fight down one slot I probably WILL have something...

So long as you're here and intend to stay with the rpg I don't see a problem with rearranging the order a little. If Kalah or Selekis' RPer wish to go ahead and post their respective battles first that's fine by me. My chief concern is maintaining some level of activity. I'm not expecting everyone to post two or three times a week. I'm just hoping we can manage two or three posts in the rpg in a week.

As for Soen's non-battle, I am working on a filler post to cover all of the npc battles as well as battles for RPers who did not return. If you want to post it yourself that is great. If not, I can include the result in my filler post. You might consider making an observation post of your teammates matches. Just something to stay active....

On a relevant subject, anyone who wants to move their match up in the order should post here asking. I know some people will want more time to get their battle posts ready than others so I don't see a problem changing up the order if the people ahead of you don't mind.

Dr.McNinja
25th March 2008, 08:24 PM
Ushi's totally still here. I have my post for his and Hiro's battle still from when I wrote it this summer for the fight! YAY! *glomps Raizen*

Sworkill87
25th March 2008, 09:05 PM
Yo! I'm still here too! And I have a post ready for Raizen's fight, his horribly... horribly ironic fight. ^_^

Outlaw JT
27th March 2008, 12:47 PM
Chiyoko is up for Kalah to post with Selekis on deck. Is Selekis' RPer still present and interested? I am working on an intermediary post for some of the NPC battles in between and if they are no longer present or interested I would like to work their match into said post. Some form of notice by the time Kalah posts or this time next week would be greatly appreciated. I intend to make this post by next weekend. Thanks for any information anyone can offer.

Kalah, if you'd prefer to wait and let someone else go ahead let us know here. If you do give the ok for others then Selekis or Ushi will be up, whomever posts first.

Heald
27th March 2008, 02:41 PM
My match is ready if those before me need to bump theirs up.

Outlaw JT
31st March 2008, 03:51 PM
OK.....

I am officially announcing that anyone who's battle post is prepared should post a note saying as much here. If no one raises an objection to someone posting theirs ahead of the schedule within 24 hours of that post they may go ahead and post their battle so we can proceed forward with the rpg. Thank you!

Sworkill87
31st March 2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, I've got my post ready, it's one of the later battles... so hopefully someone can get up before me. But if not, oh well, I'll have mine up tomorrow or so.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
3rd April 2008, 09:10 AM
I have.. not written my battle but I'll cobble something together this weekend. I will likely only get internet access back on Monday though so earliest I can throw mine up will be then.

Bulbasaur4
3rd April 2008, 04:04 PM
Yo yo yo! Sorry! Going in order would be a very slow process so it is good thatyou let others go ahead. I just am swamped with school but attempting to post in the RPGs that I'm in. (Since lately a lot of dead ones have been revived, the demand for my posts have risen greatly. *sobs*)

I'm going to try to post right now in a bunch of RPGs. Let us hope they don't all die. XD

Silencer
3rd April 2008, 06:53 PM
Atleast you guys have battles, I want something to do as well.

Hmm, maybe I should motivate you in a special way (whip cracks at the background) ;)

Dr.McNinja
3rd April 2008, 08:11 PM
I shall be posting Ushi's battle right now.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
3rd April 2008, 08:29 PM
Aaaah, question! I know this is probably NOT going to get okayed, but it's just an idea - can Kukai's fight against Sakura be... verbal? as in, a debate.
..if anything, it would be totally in character.

Outlaw JT
4th April 2008, 01:23 AM
You are certainly allowed to try to turn it into a debate between Kukai and Sakura but it is still a battle and someone still needs to be defeated (or mutually defeated). If your intention is for Kukai to win perhaps her clever debate skills lure Sakura off guard for her to deliver a telling blow? Or maybe, somehow beyond all reason and logic, Kukai could convince Sakura to surrender or vice versa.....? If you can think of a reasonable/realistic(well realistic to the Naruto universe at least) way to resolve a tournament fight whose results directly effect the career path of it's participants without actually fighting then by all means. I don't personally see how it could be done but if you can think of something I can't more power to you.

Sworkill: could I ask you to make a tiny edit to your post? Could you please not comment about horns on Onitoge. Everything else is perfectly fine, even the 'death glare'. The horns are something that wouldn't come out at this point in Onitoge's training unless he lost all control of himself, though.

Bulbasaur4
4th April 2008, 03:39 PM
Outlaw, I think Swordkill was meaning figeratively... not realistically. XD

Sworkill87
5th April 2008, 07:54 PM
Hrm, you know I wrote this battle some time over summer, so I don't even remember if the horns were figurative or not... Ah well, just to be sure I've changed the sprouting horns to a pointy feeling chakra. Hope that works. If not, I'll just leave it at a death glare. ^_^

Shadow Djinn
7th April 2008, 04:31 AM
Blah, haven't been checking TPM much and just noticed today that this RPG got revived.

Can I still post a battle?

Outlaw JT
8th April 2008, 04:52 PM
If you are scheduled to fight an NPC other than Gaara or the two sound nin who withdraw or another PC you may absolutely post your battle whenever it is ready Shadow. If it's versus Gaara you unfortunately must lose. Versus one of the sound nin and you only get as far as the arena floor before they concede the match without fighting. Versus a fellow player..... both players have a chance to submit their posts here or via PM for a ruling on the winner or request a different matchup. Thankfully I haven't had time to write the NPC battles post yet so there's still time to request a change.

Outlaw JT
8th April 2009, 02:51 AM
Would anyone be interested in a revival of this rpg?

Heald
8th April 2009, 06:09 AM
I would be, but a lot of key people, B4 included, have left, and I'm not sure whether or not it would be feasible to try and keep going on it.

Dark-San
8th April 2009, 07:06 AM
Would anyone be interested in a revival of this rpg?

I will sign up if you revived this one.

Roy Karrde
8th April 2009, 09:16 AM
I would love a revival. Lets do it!

Heald
8th April 2009, 09:30 AM
Question is: restart from the Chuunin Exams with anyone who is still around, or just restart the whole RPG?

I'd favour the first one: then allow people to make LSUs and anyone who isn't around, we'll phase them out.

Dark-San
8th April 2009, 09:43 AM
Restart after the Chuunin then.

Heald
8th April 2009, 09:53 AM
The RPG died out during the Preliminary Exams...if we allow people who already had existing characters who were taking part in the Prelims to advance to the final round, then we can restart the RPG from the beginning of the month in between the Prelims and the final round of the Chuunin exams. Anyone who wants to make a new character can, but they will be spectating, rather than taking part (although when the Sand/Sound invasion begins, there will be plenty of action).

Dark-San
8th April 2009, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty fine with continuing from whichever time line you guys stopped at. I have pretty much watched and followed Naruto from the earlier parts until they decided to introduce the damn fillers.

But a few questions though,

1) Are we allowed to choose other ninjas from other village or do we have to stick to only Konoha?
2) Any restriction on the characters? Age? Powers? Ranks?

Heald
8th April 2009, 10:20 AM
Well, when we began, everyone started off as a Genin who had graduated in the same year as Naruto. All were Konoha ninja, although not everyone was a native of Konoha. Therefore, all characters ought to be Konoha Genin. Not sure if anyone will be promoted after the exams. No restriction on powers, although obviously only at Genin level.

Outlaw JT
8th April 2009, 03:10 PM
Wow.

Looks like enough support to me. I really wasn't expecting that swift a reply from more than one or two people.

My idea is to pick up precisely where we left off. First let's take a tally here of who's around that wishes to revive their existing character. Everyone who's in for this post here with your character name and then the names of your present squad mates. Anyone who's prelim chuunin match hasn't happened yet can go ahead and post it if it was against an unimportant NPC. I'll post my own between tonight and Friday night. From there we'll get to the month of training for those who get to proceed and downtime for those that don't. We'll open the game to LSU's at that point and we can discuss here how to handle team reassignments based on player departures so we can phase out unused characters entirely or to NPC status in the case of more central characters like Chiyoko.

Anyone not in the next round but in the game I'll come around with a sensei post to give minor missions so they'll have things to do during the training period.

Dark-san:
1) I might be convinced to allow a character from another village after the conclusion of the Chuunin exam. One who is lent to Konoha to supplement their ranks and help rebuild after the attack. PM me your ideas.
2) Definitely younger characters. Preteen to teenager is acceptable. If you wanted to play an older more experienced and/or powerful shinobi you'd have to be willing for them to be more of a background character than one of the 'heroes' of the rpg. The spirit behind the rpg was everyone having characters that followed the path (or an alternate universe version thereof) of the main characters in the anime. Everyone is in the same league of power with the genin from the anime, which is to say more than exceptional for their age but still behind most older and more experienced ninja.
If you want to play something different PM me your ideas and we'll see if we can make it work.

Heald
8th April 2009, 05:37 PM
Here were the players:

Team 12

Sensei: Saruwatari, Kazuki
Yagyu, Shiro - Shadow Djinn

Team 13

Sensei: Hara, Takumi
Onitoge - Outlaw JT
Yakusha, Inakamo - Heald
Okami, Chiyoko - Bulbasaur4

Team 14

Sensei: Kuroda, Miharu
Kozue, Haru - Arnen
Inuzuka, Hige - Prof. Jb Wolf

Team 15

Sensei: Kakashi, Yukiso
Hyuga, Raizen - Sworkill87
Kazuma, Masato - *Duke*
Kurama, Ushi - Dr.McNinja

Also, Leaf, who was UC, I think.

Now, out of those people, here are the members who are still active (I think).

Mystic_clown, Roy Karrde, Heald, Outlaw JT, Ultimate Charizard.

Also, Arnen and Chiko-Sai, although their posting activity has declined this year. B4 has made it clear she is leaving.

So, at best, we have 7, at worst, 5, although Dark-San wants to join and more people may join.

Also, I think as a formality, we ought to get B4's blessing on this. It'd be rude not to.

So, here are the remaining ninja:

Onitoge - Outlaw JT
Yakusha, Inakamo - Heald
Kozue, Haru - Arnen
Leaf - UC

Given there is a chance both Chiko and Arnen not returning, that leaves Onitoge, Inakamo, Selekis, Hiro and Leaf in the Chuunin Exams. Match those up with Gaara, Sasuke and Naruto, and we have a tournament I guess. If more people leave, we can stick in other characters or even inactive players' characters.

Roy Karrde
8th April 2009, 05:51 PM
We could open the RPG to late sign ups. If you guys want I would be more than happy to create a second character so that we do have more characters.

Outlaw JT
8th April 2009, 06:25 PM
I agree we should open it to new sign ups soon but not till after we conclude the prelims which require just a few more posts. If we're vigilant and we get a speedy blessing from Kalah that could be as soon as next week, though. I have PMed her for her permission or blessing for us to revive this as it was her rpg as Heald has reminded us. If everyone mentioned comes back and Dark-san signs up we should have enough to continue as is. We just need to reorganize the teams a little bit. Something that we can discuss during the training/downtime period before the chuunin finale.

Dark-San
8th April 2009, 09:45 PM
Dark-san:
1) I might be convinced to allow a character from another village after the conclusion of the Chuunin exam. One who is lent to Konoha to supplement their ranks and help rebuild after the attack. PM me your ideas.
2) Definitely younger characters. Preteen to teenager is acceptable. If you wanted to play an older more experienced and/or powerful shinobi you'd have to be willing for them to be more of a background character than one of the 'heroes' of the rpg. The spirit behind the rpg was everyone having characters that followed the path (or an alternate universe version thereof) of the main characters in the anime. Everyone is in the same league of power with the genin from the anime, which is to say more than exceptional for their age but still behind most older and more experienced ninja.
If you want to play something different PM me your ideas and we'll see if we can make it work.

I will do so. Give me the date or the expected start date. I will pm you most probably a week before this RPG starts. I missed out on the last one but taking into account the lack of teammates you have, although a little disappointing, I will be choosing a Konoha genin after all.

Another problem I see here is to know which team am I in. It would be best for my team or whoever I am paired up with to have my natural skills complementing theirs. ^.^;

Outlaw JT
11th April 2009, 02:51 AM
Could I ask a favor for someone else to post the results thus far of the prelims (including my match which I just posted) and which matches still remain? I'm a little bust this weekend and won't have the time to go back through the last several posts to work this out. I would like to have this information quickly so I can make a post at the end of the weekend to wrap the prelims up if we aren't waiting on any other player battles.

Dark-san: the start date for a new sign-up depends entirely on the character you want to play. Just PM me a sign-up form (find one from the rpg topic and write your character over the 'sample' form). It could be as soon as we wrap up the prelims (which I'd like to do this weekend if possible) or as long as a few weeks. It really depends on what you want to play. As for teams, during the month of training most of us will be training individually so temporarily you'll be assigned to whomever isn't in the chuunin exam finale. After that the teams will be restructured. We'll talk about who will end up where once we have a clearer picture of where all the remaining characters will be after the chuunin exam concludes.

Dark-San
11th April 2009, 04:03 AM
Cheers Outlaw, I should be able to sent ya the sign up by this week. I don't have an idea on how and what should my character be. Hopefully the viewing of some manga along the way for this week would give me a clearer picture. ^.^;

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
14th April 2009, 04:02 PM
Hiiiiiii guuuuuuuys I'm so late. (as usual)

I'm fairly keen on staying with this RPG, but right now I'm concerned about whether I can post consistently. It depends on how fast you guys post. If it's at the current rate of every RPG except the Dragonball one, yea I can keep up I think since the only other RPG I'm in is the FF one.

Outlaw JT
15th April 2009, 06:23 PM
Welcome back Chiko-sai. We are happy to have you with us and I'm fairly certain we won't be moving too quickly for you.

I have tallied the Chuunin prelims. There are two matches left undecided after reviewing the posts and making judgment calls on the npc matches. Selekis vs Haru and Shiro vs Rock Lee. Are any of their RPers still present? If so, let us know. If none of them are still around and/or interested in this rpg then the results will be a mutual knockout for Selekis and Haru and a victory by Rock Lee. I want to give these three RPers time to check in but I also don't want to let the rpg stall out again before we can truly get it rolling by waiting. What is everyone's opinion on the matter?

Mystic_clown
16th April 2009, 06:09 PM
Just posting to let you know I'm willing to reprise my role as Selekis. I'll put up my battle post as soon as I can.

Dark-San
2nd May 2009, 07:56 AM
Outlaw JT, sign up is up. Tell me about the idea of it.

Outlaw JT
2nd May 2009, 10:18 AM
Dark-san: I'd say edit out the part about him working for ANBU. Otherwise it is fine. ANBU is a bit too much for this age group, though. Afterall, only Itachi in the village's history was advanced enough at this age to work for ANBU. Everything else about it is fine, though, and with the edit you should feel free to start posting daily life for your character as soon as you want to. Maybe he can be on a D-rank mission or returning from a C-rank mission.

Roy Karrde
6th May 2009, 06:31 PM
Posting tonight guys! Feels kind of weird doing this character again.