View Full Version : «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.39

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 04:42 AM
Goldenrod Tower

Owners: Lady Vulpix, TheBlueAvenger and classy_cat18

Mod Approved by Aipom of Doom and Wolfsong

Mystery Gift Floor

To make sure that this doesn't become "MG Please" spam, you MUST answer a daily question posted by an employee to request a Mystery Gift. There will be a question posted for each day; however, it may not be on the correct day (at least, for your time zone). You can answer the poll(s) for the most recent day, and any polls from the two prior days. All prizes that say "Stamps/CCPs" let you choose from one of the currencies to receive your money in.

Anyone is allowed to post the poll of the day (as long as no one else has posted a poll on the same day, that is). The person who gets to post the poll of the day will be entitled to an extra Mystery Gift.

You will get a random Mystery Gift from the following list:

Common Items:
Hollow Stone, Red MGcoin, Lunar Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP, Solar Gem

Uncommon Items:
Division Gem, Ocean Gem, 2 Stamps/CCPs, Spark Gem, Photosynthesis Gem, Flame Gem, Blue MGcoin, Berry

Rare Items:
Darkness Gem, Light Gem, Rainbow Gem, Circle Gem, 10 Stamps/CCPs, Green MGcoin, Gold Berry

Super Rare Items:
20 Stamps/CCPs, Mystery Box, 2 Green MGcoins, Miracle Berry, Stat Modification Die

If you receive the Mystery Box, you receive 1 Stamp, 1 CCP, 1 Red MGcoin, a common/uncommon item of your choice, and a free MG. You must post after receiving the Mystery Box to get the item and to have us give you your MG.

The Games Floor

To play the games, you need an MGcoin. Each game costs one credit worth of MGcoins; Red MGcoins are worth one credit, Blue MGcoins are worth two, and Green MGcoins are worth three. You get proper change back for using Blue or Green MGcoins. MGcoins can be obtained through Mystery Gifts or playing these games. Also, you can buy a Red MGcoin for one Stamp/CCP, but ONLY if you have none.

The Grabber Game

Remember those irritating claw robots at fairgrounds? In this version you pilot one over a 6X6 grid. You give directions starting from bottom center. Pick a square by going over one to five squares and up one to five squares. The better prizes are farther away, but you have a higher chance of dropping them.

Update (4/2/06): there's a chance of getting a collectible Unown Pokédoll instead of a regular prize from the Grabber Game. There are 19 kinds of dolls (some are rarer than others). You can either collect them or exchange them for shields: if you get 3 pokédolls that correspond to the first 3 letters of a pokemon type, you can exchange them for an elemental shield of that type.

Each day, you may use the Grabber Game and Scratchcards up to 10 times COMBINED. You may split the uses however you want.

Guess THIS!

An employee will think of a Pokemon, and give you a clue that should be unique to that Pokemon. You then have one try to guess the Pokemon. If you win, you get your choice of common/uncommon Mystery Gift prizes. If you guess wrongly, you won't get your Red MGcoin back like before.

You may only ask for one Guess This per day.

Scratchcard

Just like the lotto, you can come here and scratch off for a prize. Pick a card from the lists below, and scratch off three numbers (from one to ten). There will be three randomly decided winning squares, and an employee will tell you what your scratchcards revealed, and whether you won anything.

Group 1 Scratchcards
Choose from 2 Stamps, 2 CCPs, Hollow Stone, Lunar Gem, Solar Gem, Photosynthesis Gem, Flame Gem, Ocean Gem, Spark Gem, Division Gem.

Prizes:
1 winning square: Red MGcoin
2 winning squares: One of the indicated item
3 winning squares: Two of the indicated item

Group 2 Scratchcards:
Choose from 5 Stamps, 5 CCPs, Rainbow Gem, Green MGcoin, Darkness Gem AND Light Gem

Prizes:
1 winning square: Red MGcoin
2 winning squares: Blue MGcoin
3 winning squares: One of the indicated item

Each day, you may use the Grabber Game and Scratchcards up 10 times COMBINED. You may split the uses however you want.

Mystery Pokemon

In this game, you are given a list of 14 different Pokemon. Your goal is to figure out which one is the "Mystery Pokemon" that is randomly chosen from the list at the beginning of the game. To narrow the possibilities, you may ask up to four questions (one at a time) that can be answered by an employee with a "yes" or a "no". In addition to these questions, you get one attempt to guess the correct Pokemon. After this guess, regardless of how many questions you asked, you will receive your prize.

Correct answer after 2 or fewer questions: Any Mystery Gift item except for 20 stamps/CCPs.
Correct answer after 3 questions: 5 stamps/CCPs or any rare, uncommon, or common Mystery Gift item except 10 stamps/CCPs.
Correct answer after 4 questions: Any common or uncommon Mystery Gift item.

Note: if you ask whether the MP is a certain pokemon, it counts as a guess if it is, and as a question if it isn't.

Update: as of October 29th, 2006, you can request a game of Mystery Pokemon with or without Diamond/Perl pokemon.

Fishing Game

The aim of the game is to fish a prize out of a 4 by 4 grid with coordinates ranging from A-1 to D-4. You must post the desired coordinate(s), and a worker will tell you what you got (and maybe even show you the grid afterwards if he/she feels like it).

Each grid will have 1 empty space, 5 common items, 4 uncommon items, 3 rare items, 2 super rare items, and 1 specific enhancer.

You may choose up to 3 coordinates a day for the prize of 1 MGCredit each. Whether you choose them all at once or one at a time is up to you (choosing one at a time might get you more than one specific enhancer, but it might also get you more than one empty space, which cannot happen if you choose all the coordinates at once).

EMT

You can request up to 2 EMTs each month, for the price of 3 MGCredits each. You will get a random TM each time.

EMT Game

This Game is free and everyone can take part easily in a guessing game. It will take place ONCE A WEEK. A Worker will use the EMT but not tell you what TM popped out. You'll need to guess what TM popped out of the EMT and if you do you get to keep that TM. Clues will help you decide what TM popped out of the EMT and the Worker who's doing the EMT Game will give one clue a day. Everyone gets one guess a day after the Worker has posted the update for that day. This means you could have the chance of getting more TMs from the EMT if you're good at this game.

The worker who hosts the game will use a form like this one on the first day, and fill in one line of the form each day until the move is guessed or the form is full, whatever comes first.

[TYPE]

[BASE DAMAGE]
[BASE ACCURACY]
[TARGET]
[EFFECT]

[b]The Item Floor

Store

Hollow Stone ~2 MGcoin credits

Day Stone: Evolves Eevee to Espeon ~15 MGcoin credits

Night Stone: Evolves Eevee to Umbreon ~15 MGcoin credits

Elemental Shield: Choose any one desired type. Give to a Pokemon, and it will absorb 30% of the damage from attacks of the respective type ~20 MGcoin credits

You may sell Hollow Stones for 1 Stamp/CCP, Gems and Berries for 2 stamps/CCPs, Gold Berries for 5 stamps/CCPs and Miracle Berries for 10 stamps/CCPs each.

Electronic Move Tutor

For three MGcoin credits, you can give this machine a crank, and you get a random TM. You may only use the Electronic Move Tutor twice a month.

The Stone Forge

Here you may forge your gems and stones together for a fee.

Gem + Gem = Rainbow Gem (1 Stamp/CCP)
Hollow Stone + Element Gem = Associated Evolution Stone (2 Stamps/CCPs)
Hollow Stone + Rainbow Gem = Evolution Stone of choice (2 Stamps/CCPs)
Evolution Stone + Division Gem = Associated Gem + Hollow Stone
Hollow Stone + 3 Element Gems = Genetic Accelerator Gene (3 Stamps/CCPs)
Evolution Stone + 2 Element Gems = Genetic Accelerator Gene (2 Stamps/CCPs)
Genetic Accelerator Gene + Division Gem = Light Gem + Darkness Gem + Rainbow Gem + Hollow Stone

Associated Gems and Stones:
Spark Gem -> Thunderstone
Ocean Gem -> Water Stone
Flame Gem -> Fire Stone
Solar Gem -> Sun Stone or Awakening Stone (you can choose!)
Photosynthesis Gem -> Leaf Stone
Lunar Gem -> Moon Stone
Light Gem -> Day Stone or Light Stone (you can choose!)
Darkness Gem -> Night Stone or Dusk Stone (you can choose!)
Circle Gem -> Round Stone

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 04:57 AM
From the previous version, Brian gets...

MP: Metang, Munchlax, Dodrio, Pottaishi, Manectric, Cleffa, Beruberuto, Golem, Graveler, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Psyduck, Sunflora, Rentoraa.

GG: Light Gem.

New poll. This is something we don't normally talk about because of the old legend that states that people who say they want to become mods never will, but I doubt the admins will even look at this poll and they're the only ones with modding powers, so we can speak freely.

(13/2) Do you mod/have you modded any forums in or out of TPM? If so, what is/was it like? If not, what do you think it would be like if you did? Is there any forum outside TPM you would like to mod? Why/why not? (You may name them, but do not post links to them).
I modded PCG on TPM before I became a supermod, and now I mod everything here. It used to be hard work, but we haven't had many attacks/spammers/flamers lately, so now it's mostly simple routine work like closing old topics and updating thread titles. Of course I'm still on the watch in case something bad happens again. And of course there's the private forums, but we're not allowed to say what goes on over there.
I also mod the Dragon Tamers section on Tsuyoi's Lair, which is nice but too quiet. I haven't done any real mod work in there.
As for a place where I would like to mod... I'd pick the Clockwork Mansion forums. Mods and admins seem to be having a lot of fun there.

2 MGs, please.

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 05:08 AM
I was about to ask what happened to version 39... ^_^;

MP: Metang, Munchlax, Dodrio, Pottaishi, Manectric, Cleffa, Beruberuto, Golem, Graveler, Jolteon, Exeggutor, Psyduck, Sunflora, Rentoraa
Question #1: Does this Pokemon have an "o" in its name?

(13/2) Do you mod/have you modded any forums in or out of TPM? If so, what is/was it like? If not, what do you think it would be like if you did? Is there any forum outside TPM you would like to mod? Why/why not? (You may name them, but do not post links to them).

The Fanfiction forum of TPM is the first and only forum I've ever modded. It's hard work, but it can be a lot of fun. For instance, I love organizing things like the Fanfic Awards and the E-zine. I ca't really think of any forum outside of TPM I'd seriously consider modding... I might be offered a role at ArmorStudios someday if I keep my activity up, but I doubt I'd accept. I'm just not that dedicated to their forum, whereas I love it here.

Guess that's another MG, huh?

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 06:36 AM
MP: no, it doesn't. MG: Lunar Gem.

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 07:00 AM
MP: Metang, Munchlax, Manectric, Cleffa, Graveler, Psyduck
Question #2: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "M"?

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 07:40 AM
No, it doesn't.

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 08:17 AM
MP: Cleffa, Graveler, Psyduck
Question #3: Is this Pokemon a Cleffa?

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 09:17 AM
No, it isn't. Sorry.

The Blue Avenger
13th February 2007, 02:21 PM

I currently mod ASB, which is rockin'. It's a great community, and ASB in and of itself is really fun. As for forums outside of TPM, I'd probably like to eventually mod at Starmen or Pokecharms, since they're both very cool sites that I've been at for a while.

Gabi: 1 Stamp/CCP, 10 Stamps/CCPs. Nice.

classy_cat18
13th February 2007, 03:40 PM
Jeff: Circle Gem

I am a current mod of Wolfsong's Wilderness. It's a busy job back when it was busy. Now it's just me and Amy (with an occasional third member). I don't think I would want to be a mod of a forum, to tell you the truth. It requires regular attendance and I want to take a long break without worry.

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 03:51 PM
That forum still exists? Wow! What do you do in there? You get
1 Stamp/CCP.

And I'll take my MG in stamps. :)

I'd like 5 Scratchcards, please. (1,2,5) for 5 stamps. *Hands over a Blue MGCoin and 3 Red MGCoins.*

And Shonta, will you please check the tagboard?

classy_cat18
13th February 2007, 04:05 PM
Gabi: So sorry. 2 Blue MGcoins, 3 Red MGcoins

I'll take that MG in stamps.

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 04:09 PM
MP: Graveler, Psyduck
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Graveler?

Lady Vulpix
13th February 2007, 04:37 PM
Yes, it is! What will your prize be?

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 04:41 PM
I'll take a Green MGcoin, then swap it for a Blue one to play another game of Mystery Pokemon. *pays*

classy_cat18
13th February 2007, 04:55 PM
Brian: Cradily, Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Nidoran F, Dokurogu, Sudowoodo, Nidoran M, Lugia, Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Umbreon, Piloswine

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 05:02 PM
MP; Cradily, Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Nidoran F, Dokurogu, Sudowoodo, Nidoran M, Lugia, Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Umbreon, Piloswine
Question #1: Does this Pokemon have an "r" in its name?

classy_cat18
13th February 2007, 05:03 PM
No, it doesn't.

Inferno_Dragon
13th February 2007, 05:04 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Surskit, Metang

Question 1: Does the Mystery Pokemon appear in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Yes
Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type Pokemon? Yes
Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved?

mr_pikachu
13th February 2007, 05:05 PM
MP: Venonat, Hitmonlee, Sneasel, Sudowoodo, Lugia, Wobbuffet, Feebas, Piloswine
Question #2: Does this Pokemon have an "s" (capital or lowercase) in its name?

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 04:50 AM
It's alright. Can I have my first EMT for February, please? *Hands over a Blue MGCoin and a Red MGCoin.*

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 10:25 AM
New Game!

Thanks to Kyle for the idea. We now present to you the Fishing Game.

The aim of the game is to get a prize out of a 4 by 4 grid with coordinates ranging from A-1 to D-4. Something like this:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/9720/fishinggridvc7.gif

...Except that you don't get to see the grid.

You can choose up to 3 coordinates (for the prize of 1 MGCredit each), and a worker will tell you what you got (and maybe even show you the grid afterwards if he/she feels like it).

Each grid will have 1 empty space, 5 common items, 4 uncommon items, 3 rare items, 2 super rare items, and 1 specific enhancer.

You may choose up to 3 coordinates a day. Whether you choose them all at once or one at a time is up to you (choosing one at a time might get you more than one specific enhancer, but it might also get you more than one empty space, which cannot happen if you choose all the coordinates at once).

classy_cat18
14th February 2007, 11:04 AM
Gabi: I'll try the game later. You get Seismic Toss as your first EMT.

*Murkrow
14th February 2007, 11:41 AM
I cannot for the life of me remember how many I originally offered, but I'm just popping to drop of 24 Blue MG Coins for Kyle (that leaves me with 50).

And hey people. ;)

Knight of Time
14th February 2007, 02:06 PM
I cannot for the life of me remember how many I originally offered, but I'm just popping to drop of 24 Blue MG Coins for Kyle (that leaves me with 50).

And hey people. ;)

Oh, 24 Blue MGCoins instead of 15? Well, it's quite a surprise, but I confirm that I'm accepting these from Hannah.

With 5 of them, I'd like to get 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin), please. :)

Thanks again Hannah! :)

[2/14] With today being Valentine's Day, are you celebrating? Why or why not? If you aren't, is there something you don't like about the day? Why or why not?

No, I'm not celebrating Valentine's Day because I'm single, which basically is my reason to not like this day. I used to like it as a kid, though, when I received valentines from classmates, but right now, since that kind of thing is a bit old for me, I quickly lost interest.

MG (and the extra one), the SCs from above, and another GT! please.

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 05:40 PM
It's nice to see you again, Hannah, if only for a moment.
I'm giving the Seismic Toss TM to Amber. I guess she can use it at the Battle Range someday.

Kyle: SC: 1 Blue MGcoin, 8 Red MGcoins. I guess you're even. MG: Flame Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP. GT: this pokemon can use more than one move, but none of them are of its own type.

[2/14] With today being Valentine's Day, are you celebrating? Why or why not? If you aren't, is there something you don't like about the day? Why or why not?
This calls for a short answer. I don't celebrate it because I'm single, but I have nothing against it because I see nothing wrong with it. Of course people don't do as much about it here as they do in North America.

Knight of Time
14th February 2007, 05:57 PM
Kyle: SC: 1 Blue MGcoin, 8 Red MGcoins. I guess you're even. MG: Flame Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP. GT: this pokemon can use more than one move, but none of them are of its own type.

GT!: I'm betting that's Magikarp, Blue MGCoin if I'm right, please.

I'd like to sell the Flame Gem for CCPs please.

Edit: Just wondering, but can D/P Pokemon appear in GT! these days?

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 05:02 AM
Well done! You get a Blue MGCoin, and 2 CCPs.

I guess DP pokemon can appear in GT games, but I doubt we'd have much to say about them.

I'm still waiting for my MG.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 07:02 AM

Didn't celebrate at all, to be honest. I have nothing against the day - when I had a girlfriend, it was a really big deal - but I'm single now. Plus, I had an exam earlier in the day, and since I stayed up all night studying, I was a little wiped out. Even if I had a girlfriend, we probably wouldn't have had much of a celebration.

May I have an MG?

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 07:12 AM
Of course. You get 1 Stamp/CCP. And I hope you did well in your exam.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks. Felt good about it, although you never can be sure.

[2/15] Have you ever entered an eating contest? If so, what was it like? What did you have to eat? Did it make you sick? Would you do it again? If not, why have you not entered an eating contest? Is there a reason for you to avoid them? Either way, what do you think about eating contests?

I was in one last year; my dormitory held a charity fundraiser, and I decided to participate in the big event. We had to 50 chicken nuggets from a local restaurant in a half hour. (Although there were prizes for the fastest finisher, anyone who completed the challenge won awards. Besides, some crazy guy finished in about 10 minutes, which totally stunned everyone.)

I admit I was a little ill afterward, but hardly more serious than I usually am after devouring a loaf of garlic bread and a six-pack of soda, which I frequently do anyway. I'd probably do it again if given the opportunity. It's not something I take seriously, though... I couldn't imagine being one of those guys on ESPN2 who throws down 40-something bratwurst in 12 minutes. That's totally unhealthy, especially with the training they do before hand to stretch their stomachs. But fun events like the one I was in are a little different.

S'pose I get two more MGs. ^_^

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 08:06 AM
Brian: 1 Stamp/CCP, Solar Gem

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 09:02 AM
I've been skipped.

[2/15] Have you ever entered an eating contest? If so, what was it like? What did you have to eat? Did it make you sick? Would you do it again? If not, why have you not entered an eating contest? Is there a reason for you to avoid them? Either way, what do you think about eating contests?
No, I haven't. I haven't had the chance anyway, but I wouldn't join one because they're quite unhealthy. Unless it was a speed contest rather than a quantity one. If it was just eating a regular meal as fast as possible, I'd stand a good chance at winning.

2 MGs now, please. One for today and one for yesterday.

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 09:16 AM
Gabi: Sorry about that. MGs: Red MGcoin, Solar Gem

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 02:06 PM
I've been skipped as well... my second Mystery Pokemon question (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=312423#post312423) was a couple of days ago.

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 03:22 PM
*has forgotten about Brian's MP game* I am ashamed. Anyway, yes it does.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 03:24 PM
It's no big deal. Happens to the best of us. ^_^

MP: Sneasel, Sudowoodo, Feebas, Piloswine
Question #3: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "S"?

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 03:48 PM
Yes, it does.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 04:01 PM
MP: Sneasel, Sudowoodo
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Sneasel?

Also, I'd like to fuse two Solar Gems, a Lunar Gem, and a Hollow Stone into a Genetic Accelerator Gene. *pays 3 Stamps*

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 04:17 PM
Brian: No, which leaves you with one choice. *hands him GAC* I'm guessing this is for your new Chansey.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 04:28 PM
MP: Sudowoodo
Final guess: Is this a Sudowoodo?
If it is, I'd like a Blue MGcoin as my prize.

Thanks for the GAC, Shonta! ^_^ I won't use it just yet, though, because I need to ask something else... I know that evolved Pokemon learn level-up moves at the same levels as their unevolved counterparts. But can evolved Pokemon learn the same TMs/Egg Moves as the preevolutions, as well?

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 04:33 PM
Of course they can. I thought you would know that by looking at the pokedex. It's the same in the games. And you get your coin.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Shonta. I think I'll use it to try out the fishing game... let's try spaces (2, 3) and (4, 2).

And according to the Pokedex I'm viewing, some possibilities are lost after evolution. For instance, Blissey can't learn Reflect. That was my concern.

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 05:04 PM
Behold the almighty FAQ! (http://forboards.tripod.com/FAQ.html#Q21)

Do you mean B-3 and D-2? I will assume so. You get 2 Green MGcoins and a Blue MGcoin.

The grid was as follows:
-- A - B - C - D
1 Mystery Box - Pokemon Earring - Circle Gem - Solar Gem
2 1 Stamp/CCP - Nothing - Light Gem - Blue MGcoin
3 1 Stamp/CCP - 2 Green MGcoins - Photosynthesis Gem - Lunar Gem
4 2 Stamps/CCPs - 1 Stamp/CCP - Spark Gem - Rainbow Gem

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 05:12 PM
How do I keep winning the 2 Green MGcoins prize? O_O Thanks!

Let's see... I'll use one of the Green MGcoins to play another Fishing Game... squares (A,2), (B,4), and (D, 3), if you please. ^_^

Oh, and I'm going to assume that the rule applies to TM/breeding moves as well, even though it only mentions level-up moves in the rule you cited. So I'll use the Genetic Accelerator Gene so that my Chansey can evolve into an even happier Blissey!

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 05:15 PM
You only get one breeding move per pokemon, and they get it at birth. But it does work for TMs.

As for the Fishing Game, it's only 3 coordinates a day, so you can choose only one now. Which one will it be?

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 05:18 PM
Another game of Mystery Pokemon with DP, please. *pays*

Yes, I used to get into taco eating contests with my brother and stepbrothers. It was okay, although there wasn't enough food to call it a real contest. It didn't make me sick, but I always had a case of gas afterwards. I really missed doing that. But no matter what you eat, you'll have problems later if you eat too much of it.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 05:18 PM
Okay, I'm an idiot. Let's try (A,2).

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 05:24 PM

No, I've never been in an eating contest, but friends of mine were in one when I was in grade 12 (I saw it in the cafeteria of my high school back then), I haven't entered one simply because I don't want to get sick from it (stomachaches are one thing, but throwing up...I won't get this far, other than that I hate this happening, despite the fact this didn't happen in ages). I avoid them just because I don't like eating (or drinking, for that matter) too much. As for what I think of them, well, I don't really have much of an opinion on them, but I guess they can be silly at times.

MG, 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin), a GT!, and a game of MP without D/P Pokemon, please.

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 05:24 PM
Brian: You get a shiny new Ocean Gem! Let's see what you didn't get...

A B C D
1 On-Off Socket - Spark Gem - Photosynthesis Gem - 2 Green MGcoins
2 Ocean Gem - Darkness Gem - Lunar Gem - Circle Gem
3 Red MGcoin - Red MGcoin - Nothing - 2 Green MGcoins
4 Light Gem - Solar Gem - Berry - Red MGcoin

Kyle: Berry. SCs: 2 Green MGcoins, 4 Blue MGcoins, 4 Red MGcoins. GT: This Pokemon can create rips in the dimensions and see into the future. MP: Azurill, Victreebel, Nidoran F, Whismur, Grimer, Shuckle, Tentacruel, Azumarill, Venusaur, Meganium, Muk, Houndour, Sandslash, Mewtwo

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 05:33 PM
Kyle: Berry. SCs: 2 Green MGcoins, 4 Blue MGcoins, 4 Red MGcoins. MP: Azurill, Victreebel, Nidoran F, Whismur, Grimer, Shuckle, Tentacruel, Azumarill, Venusaur, Meganium, Muk, Houndour, Sandslash, Mewtwo

Shonta gave me the following MP list:

Azurill, Victreebel, Nidoran F, Whismur, Grimer, Shuckle, Tentacruel, Azumarill, Venusaur, Meganium, Muk, Houndour, Sandslash, Mewtwo

Question 1: Is the MP a Poison type?

I'd also like to sell that Berry for CCPs please.

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 05:40 PM
Kyle: You get two CCPs for the Berry. MP: Yes, it is.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 05:41 PM
Alrighty, then! Thanks, Gabi. ^_^

I'll trade a Blue MGcoin for a Red one in order to play the Grabber Game.
5 spaces over, 4 spaces up.

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 05:46 PM
Azurill, Victreebel, Nidoran F, Whismur, Grimer, Shuckle, Tentacruel, Azumarill, Venusaur, Meganium, Muk, Houndour, Sandslash, Mewtwo

Okay, the MP is a Poison type indeed, so my list is now:

Victreebel, Nidoran F, Grimer, Tentacruel, Venusaur, Muk

Question 2: Is the MP a pure Poison type?

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 06:27 PM
Brian: You get a Light Gem from the Grabber Game.

Kyle: No, it isn't. And check my modified post for your GT question.

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 06:35 PM

Okay, since the MP isn't a pure Poison type, that leaves:

Victreebel, Tentacruel, Venusaur

Question 3/Guess: Is the MP Tentacruel?

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 07:02 PM
No, it isn't Tentacruel.

Knight of Time
15th February 2007, 07:04 PM

Okay, since the MP isn't Tentacruel, that leaves:

Victreebel, Venusaur

Question 4/Guess: Is the MP Victreebel?

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 07:31 PM
Okay, I'll try the Grabber Game again. *pays Red MGcoin*
5 spaces over, 5 spaces up.

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 07:38 PM
Kyle: No, it isn't.

Brian: Unown R Pokédoll

Inferno_Dragon
15th February 2007, 10:09 PM
I would like to mention, classy_cat18 ... that you haven't give me an answer to my MP question,

classy_cat18
15th February 2007, 10:21 PM
Inferno_Dragon: Yes, it is evolved.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 05:07 AM
Shonta: MG: Solar Gem. MP: Sandslash, Krabby, Slowbro, Seel, Golduck, Dugtrio, Croconaw, Sunflora, Onix, Octillery, Suicune, Remoraid, Pupitar, Sharpedo.

mr_pikachu
16th February 2007, 07:05 AM
It's a new day, so I'll play the Fishing Game! *pays Green MGcoin*

Let's see... I'll take A-4, B-2, and D-3.

And by the way, many thanks for the Unown R, Shonta! ^_^

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 07:52 AM
You get... *Drumroll*

A Berry, a Miracle Berry and 20 Stamps/CCPs!

Here's the grid:
A B C D
1 Spirit Guard - Lunar Gem - Circle Gem - Division Gem
2 Darkness Gem -Miracle Berry - Nothing - Ocean Gem
3 2 Stamps/CCPs - Solar Gem - Red MGcoin - 20 Stamps/CCPs
4 Berry - Circle Gem - Solar Gem - Solar Gem

The Blue Avenger
16th February 2007, 09:02 AM
...I'll take two scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green mgcoins, and 2 fishing games, spaces A1 and D4.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 10:05 AM
And I assume you're paying for them. :P

SC: 2 Red MGcoins back at you.
FG: Deflection Coat!, Green MGcoin. Congratulations!

I'd like a Fishing Game as well, please. Or, rather, 3. Spaces A-1, B-2 and C-4. *Hands over 3 Red MGCoins.*

The Blue Avenger
16th February 2007, 01:28 PM
Heheheh, cool. I'll take a third fishing game, space A1, and 4 scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

Gabi: Berry, Miracle Berry, Hollow Stone.

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 01:29 PM
Jeff: Stat Modification Die. SCs: 1 Green MGcoin, 2 Red MGcoins

MP: Sandslash, Krabby, Slowbro, Seel, Golduck, Dugtrio, Croconaw, Sunflora, Onix, Octillery, Suicune, Remoraid, Pupitar, Sharpedo
Question #1: Was the Pokemon introduced in RBY?

Selling that Solar Gem for stamps.

The Blue Avenger
16th February 2007, 01:41 PM
You get 2 stamps.

I'll take 4 more scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 02:28 PM
Jeff: 1 Blue MGcoin, 3 Red MGcoins

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 08:05 PM
Question 1: Does the Mystery Pokemon appear in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire? Yes
Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type Pokemon? Yes
Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved? Yes
Question 4: Is the Mystery Pokemon Metang?

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 08:29 PM
Nope!

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 08:31 PM
I give up. Just give me back my Red MG Coin so I can try again.

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 08:50 PM
And you thought it would be easier without DP Pokemon. By the way, the Mystery Pokemon was Walrein. You get your Red MGCoin.

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 08:51 PM
Well, I haven't played this game for a long time (Well actually quite a while really). I would like to use that Red MG Coin to play a game of Mystery Pokemon without D/P Pokemon.

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 09:20 PM
Inferno_Dragon: Umbreon, Rhydon, Kakuna, Wailord, Metagross, Electabuzz, Shroomish, Volbeat, Poliwhirl, Machamp, Murkrow, Meganium, Lugia, Girafarig

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 09:24 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Umbreon, Rhydon, Kakuna, Wailord, Metagross, Electabuzz, Shroomish, Volbeat, Poliwhirl, Machamp, Murkrow, Meganium, Lugia, Girafarig

Question 1: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved?

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 09:58 PM
Yes, it is.

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 10:01 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Umbreon, Rhydon, Kakuna, Wailord, Metagross, Electabuzz, Poliwhirl, Machamp, Meganium

Question 1: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved? Yes
Question 2: Was the Mystery Pokemon Introduced in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow?

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 10:14 PM
Yes, it was.

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 10:19 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Rhydon, Kakuna, Electabuzz, Poliwhirl, Machamp,

Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type?

classy_cat18
16th February 2007, 11:56 PM
Nope.

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 12:00 AM
Mystery Pokemon: Electabuzz, Poliwhirl, Machamp,

Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type? No
Question 4: Can the Mystery Pokemon Learn Surf?

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 01:43 AM
[2/17] How much television do you watch per day, on average? Do you think that's too much or too little? What shows do you tend to watch? Do you try to catch specific shows, or do you watch TV regardless of what is showing? What do you do if you miss a show you wanted to see?

This honestly depends on how "watch" is defined. My TV is on a lot, but it's often just one of many things to which I pay minimal attention. If that's counted, then it's about 8 hours a day. But if we're just counting the times when I'm actually paying serious attention to what's on the tube... probably two or three hours. Eight is definitely too much; two to three probably is as well, but at least it's closer to a healthy level.

While the TV's on almost all the time, I only pay close attention to a few shows; these are usually anime. Pokemon, Naruto, Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (occasionally)... there are also some Saturday-only shows like Bleach and Trinity Blood. If I miss one of these shows, and my VCR malfunctions (as it often does), I desperately try to catch a rerun of that episode. If the episode won't be airing again in the immediate future, as is the case with Bleach, Trinity Blood, Eureka Seven, etc., I sometimes try to find it on Youtube just so I'm not completely lost the following week.

I suppose I get two MGs.

Also, I'd like to play the Fishing Game. *exchanges two Blue MGcoins for one Red one* A-1, C-4, and D-2, please.

Lady Vulpix
17th February 2007, 06:55 AM
Brian: MG: Lunar Gem, Blue MGcoin. FG: Gold Berry, Photosynthesis Gem, Ocean Gem.

The grid was:
A B C D
1 Gold Berry - Red MGcoin - Lunar Gem - Gold Berry
2 Beach Ball - Miracle Berry - Berry - Ocean Gem
3 Gold Berry - Mystery Box - Hollow Stone - Nothing
4 Red MGcoin - Flame Gem - Photosynthesis Gem - 1 Stamp/CCP

[2/17] How much television do you watch per day, on average? Do you think that's too much or too little? What shows do you tend to watch? Do you try to catch specific shows, or do you watch TV regardless of what is showing? What do you do if you miss a show you wanted to see?
These days, an hour at most. I think it's OK, considering all the other things I do. I'm currently watching Danny Phantom and sometimes Little House on the Prairie (to catch the episodes I missed 16 years ago). And sometimes old Stargate episodes which my brother recorded. All the other series I used to follow either have finished or have become rubbish (Smallville). I normally try to catch specific shows. If I miss an episode I wanted to watch (and no one I know has recorded it obviously) I just leave it as it is. I may get the chance to watch it whenever they show it again.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:30 AM
Hmm... I think I'll swap my Blue MGcoin for a couple of Grabber Games. For both of them, 5 spaces over, 5 spaces up.

Then I'll trade my Red MGcoin for a game of Mystery Pokemon with DP. *pays*

Knight of Time
17th February 2007, 09:31 AM
GT: This Pokemon can create rips in the dimensions and see into the future.

GT!: That's gotta be Kirlia, Blue MGCoin if I'm right, please.

MP: Azurill, Victreebel, Nidoran F, Whismur, Grimer, Shuckle, Tentacruel, Azumarill, Venusaur, Meganium, Muk, Houndour, Sandslash, Mewtwo

Okay, since the MP isn't Tentacruel, that leaves:

Victreebel, Venusaur

Question 4/Guess: Is the MP Victreebel?

Okay, since the MP isn't Victreebel either, it must be Venusaur, right? Blue MGCoin if I'm right, please.

Hmm, being as I'm in college Monday to Friday, and with my dad on Sundays, I actually don't watch a whole lot of TV every day, so I'd say I watch in between 3-6 hours of TV a day. I guess it's average (shrug), and shows I tend to watch these days, are Pokemon (I get bored with re-runs of the show; but I can hardly wait for the next new episode to air here in Canada, it's going to be the first one with the new voice actors), What's with Andy? (Canada-only show I believe), and a couple of others. I don't try to catch specific shows that much these days, I just browse through the channels at random from time to time. When I miss a show I wanted to see, it usually doesn't bother me, sometimes that episode of a show is on again, and sometimes it isn't, and that's when it sometimes bothers me.

1 MG, 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin), another GT! and a new MP game (without D/P Pokemon), please.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 11:09 AM
Inferno_Dragon: No, it can't.

Gabi: Hollow Stone

Brian: GGs: Hollow Stone, Dropped: 1. MP: Tentacruel, Megayanma, Vileplume, Swellow, Geodude, Nidoran F, Loudred, Clefable, Larvitar, Rioru, Venusaur, Marill, Aruseus, Zangoose

Kyle: You're very demanding, you know that? GT: It is Kirlia. Take your coin. MG: Blue MGcoin. Old MP: It is Venusaur. SCs: 1 Green MGcoin, 6 Red MGcoins. GT: If you scan the RBY Pokedex, this is the first Fighting type that you come across on it. MP: Beedrill, Cleffa, Lugia, Remoraid, Murkrow, Unown, Kakuna, Silcoon, Plusle, Camerupt, Sudowoodo, Scyther, Gulpin, Solrock

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 11:12 AM
Mystery Pokemon: Electabuzz, Machamp

Question 4: Can the Mystery Pokemon Learn Surf? No
Question 5: Is the Mystery Pokemon Electrabuzz?

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 12:16 PM
Inferno_Dragon: No, it isn't.

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 12:19 PM
Can I still ask another question? If I can;

Mystery Pokemon: Machamp

Question 4: Can the Mystery Pokemon Learn Surf? No
Question 5: Is the Mystery Pokemon Electrabuzz? No
Question 6: Is the Mystery Pokemon Machamp?

If I can't, I would like to have my Red MG Coin back to play a game of Guess This.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 12:48 PM
Inferno_Dragon: No, you can't. You get a Red MGCoin. GT: This Pokemon will eat an entire mountain just to help it grow.

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 12:57 PM
classy_cat18, I just had to check. Better safe than sorry.

GT: This Pokemon will eat an entire mountain just to help it grow.

I believe the answer to this question is Larvitar.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 02:14 PM
Yep. Choose your prize.

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 02:18 PM
It think I will take a Blue MG Coin and take a breather from this topic ... well at least for now.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 03:35 PM
MP: Tentacruel, Megayanma, Vileplume, Swellow, Geodude, Nidoran F, Loudred, Clefable, Larvitar, Rioru, Venusaur, Marill, Aruseus, Zangoose
Question #1: Is there a lowercase "a" in this Pokemon's name?

The Blue Avenger
17th February 2007, 04:46 PM
I'd like 3 fishing games, spaces A1, B2, and C3, and 2 scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 04:51 PM
Brian: Yes, it does.

Jeff: Beach Ball, Ocean Gem, and Red MGCoin. SCs: Red MGcoin.

The Blue Avenger
17th February 2007, 05:04 PM
I'll sell the Ocean Gem for stamps and play 2 more scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 05:13 PM
Jeff: You get two stamps for your gem. SCs: 2 Blue MGcoins

The Blue Avenger
17th February 2007, 05:18 PM
I'll have 4 more scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins, please.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Jeff: 2 Blue MGcoins, 2 Red MGcoins

The Blue Avenger
17th February 2007, 06:15 PM
And finally, 2 last scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

classy_cat18
17th February 2007, 06:43 PM
Jeff: 2 Red MGcoins

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 06:28 AM
Can I have a game of MP, please? (With DP).

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 10:38 AM
Okay, I'd like 3 fishing games, spots A1, B2, and C3, and 3 scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

Gabi: Mr. Mime, Nidoran M, Glalie, Abra, Espeon, Pineco, Dunsparce, Machamp, Tentacool, Graveler, Hypno, Tyrogue, Ivysaur, Flygon

EMT Game
Type: Ice
Power:
Accuracy:
Target:
Effect:
Guesses:

classy_cat18
18th February 2007, 12:59 PM
EMT: Ice Punch

Jeff: Lunar Gem, 2 Stamps/CCPs, Berry. SCs: 1 Blue MGcoin

What about answering my MP question that I posted last page, Gabi?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 01:01 PM
I'll take those as stamps and sell the Berry. I'll also take 2 more scratchcards for green MGCoins, spaces 1, 5, 9.

classy_cat18
18th February 2007, 01:05 PM
Jeff: You get two stamps for the berry. SCs: 2 Blue MGcoins

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 01:07 PM
I would like to use my Blue MG Coin to play a game of Guess This.

EMT: Blizzard

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:10 PM
Time to take a chance...

MP: Tentacruel, Megayanma, Nidoran F, Clefable, Larvitar, Venusaur, Marill, Zangoose
Question #2: Is there an "r" in this Pokemon's name?

classy_cat18
18th February 2007, 02:48 PM
Inferno_Dragon: GT: This Pokemon is the slowest Electric type so far.

Brian: Yes, it is.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:52 PM
Hrm...

MP: Tentacruel, Nidoran F, Larvitar, Venusaur, Marill
Question #2: Is there a lowercase "L" in this Pokemon's name?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 03:05 PM
I'd like 4 more scratchcards, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

Knight of Time
18th February 2007, 05:31 PM
EMT: Ice Beam?

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 06:13 PM
Oh, sorry, Shonta! Yes, it was.

Jeff: 3 Red MGcoins. Sorry.

MP: Mr. Mime, Nidoran M, Glalie, Abra, Espeon, Pineco, Dunsparce, Machamp, Tentacool, Graveler, Hypno, Tyrogue, Ivysaur, Flygon.

Question 1: was the pokemon available in RBY?

EMT Game: Icy Wind?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 06:21 PM
I'll have 1 more scratchcard, spaces 1, 5, 9, for green MGCoins.

Gabi: No, it was not.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 06:22 PM
[2/18] Do you play video games? If you don't, why not? Do you have something against video games or games in general? Or is there some other reason? If you do, what video games do you like to play? Do you have any favorite genres or systems? What systems, if any, do you own? Either way, are there any games that interest you?

I definitely enjoy video games. I'll play pretty much anything, though my favorite genres are probably RPGs, adventures, and puzzle/strategy games. My systems consist of a Super Nintendo, 2 Game Boy Colors, a Game Boy Advance, a Game Boy Advance SP, a GameCube, a Wii, a Sega Game Gear, a Sony Playstation, and a Playstation 2. I'm obviously interested in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and I plan to buy a Nintendo DS soon. Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Pokemon Battle Revolution are also intriguing.

May I have 2 MGs?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 06:33 PM
Mr. P: Solar Gem, Red MGcoin

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 06:36 PM
Jeff: 1 Blue MGcoin, and you'e made up for your loss. :)

Brian: Solar Gem, Red MGcoin.

MP: Mr. Mime, Nidoran M, Glalie, Abra, Espeon, Pineco, Dunsparce, Machamp, Tentacool, Graveler, Hypno, Tyrogue, Ivysaur, Flygon.

Question 1: was the pokemon available in RBY? No.

Filtered list: Glalie, Espeon, Pineco, Dunsparce, Tyrogue, Flygon.

Question 2: does the pokemon's name end with "on"?

[2/18] Do you play video games? If you don't, why not? Do you have something against video games or games in general? Or is there some other reason? If you do, what video games do you like to play? Do you have any favorite genres or systems? What systems, if any, do you own? Either way, are there any games that interest you?
I play them sometimes, but rarely because I don't have much free time and I use most of the little time I do have by posting on forums, reading, drawing and writing. But I like platform games and RPGs the most, also some graphic adventures and puzzles. As for other kinds of games... I like most kinds... anything that doesn't involve much violence and isn't very stressful (I have enough stress in everyday life, when I play games I'd rather have fun).

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the MGs!

I think I'll trade in a Green MGcoin to play the Fishing Game. Spaces A-1, B-3, and C-4, please. *pays*

EDIT: Out of curiosity, whose Red MGcoin and Solar Gem should I take for those two MGs? XD

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 07:07 PM
Wow, we both gave you the same! The first one counts, in those cases, but since they're identical, you may choose.

Fishing Game: Hollow Stone, Pokemon Collar!, Hollow Stone.

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 07:08 PM
Gabi: it does not, and your MG is 1 stamp/CCP.

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 07:26 PM
Make that a stamp.

MP: Glalie, Espeon, Pineco, Dunsparce, Tyrogue, Flygon.

Question 2: does the pokemon's name end with "on"? No.

Filtered list: Glalie, Pineco, Dunsparce, Tyrogue.

Question 3: can the pokemon learn Ice Beam in RSE?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 07:49 PM
It can indeed.

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 07:56 PM
MP: Glalie, Pineco, Dunsparce, Tyrogue.

Question 2: does the pokemon's name end with "on"? No.
Question 3: can the pokemon learn Ice Beam in RSE? Yes.

Filtered list: Glalie, Dunsparce.

Question 4/guess: is it Glalie?

The Blue Avenger
18th February 2007, 08:02 PM
It is! Take a prize.

classy_cat18
18th February 2007, 10:11 PM
MP: Sandslash, Krabby, Slowbro, Seel, Golduck, Dugtrio, Onix
Question #2: Is the Pokemon a Water type?

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 11:31 AM
By the way, my second Mystery Pokemon question was never answered...

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2007, 11:37 AM
I'll take a Green MGCoin, thanks. :) (Now if my second question had been what I'd originally planned it would have been easier, but it would have been too cruel to ask you whether or not the pokemon was in Golden Growlithe's team. :P)

Shonta: yes, it is.

Brian: sorry, only Shonta can answer that question.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 11:42 AM
Gabi: Yeah, I know. I just thought a reminder was in order.

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 12:13 PM
FYI, mr_pikachu, I did answer your second question on the previous page.

MP: Krabby, Slowbro, Seel, Golduck
Question #3: Can the Pokemon learn Psychic?

EMT: Mist

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, it can.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 12:58 PM
Um... actually, my question was on the sixth page... and that was only your second post since then. I believe you played your own Mystery Pokemon game in the first one...

I'll just ask the question again.

MP: Tentacruel, Nidoran F, Larvitar, Venusaur, Marill
Question #3: Is there a lowercase "L" in this Pokemon's name?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 01:49 PM
Okay, that's not your second question. It's your third. It's getting pretty hard to keep up with posts in this thread. And the answer to your MP question is "yes".

MP: Slowbro, Golduck
Question #4/Guess: Is the Mystery Pokemon Slowbro?

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 03:11 PM

I love video games. I do like to play RPGs, Sport Games (Most of the time) Fighting Games, Adventure/Platform Games, Puzzles and Much more. My favorite games are the Pokemon series, the Super Mario Series, Legend of Zelda series and Super Smash Brothers series (and that's just the beginning.) I own Gameboy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, N64, Gamecube and Wii. A game that interests me is World of Warcraft.

1 Mystery Gift Please.

GT: This Pokemon is the slowest Electric type so far.

Searching through the pokedex and the stats it would have to be Mareep. With a Speed of 35, that isn't that quick.

Knight of Time
19th February 2007, 04:46 PM
Kyle: You're very demanding, you know that? GT: It is Kirlia. Take your coin. MG: Blue MGcoin. Old MP: It is Venusaur. SCs: 1 Green MGcoin, 6 Red MGcoins. GT: If you scan the RBY Pokedex, this is the first Fighting type that you come across on it. MP: Beedrill, Cleffa, Lugia, Remoraid, Murkrow, Unown, Kakuna, Silcoon, Plusle, Camerupt, Sudowoodo, Scyther, Gulpin, Solrock

GT!: That would be Mankey, Blue MGCoin if I'm right, please.

Beedrill, Cleffa, Lugia, Remoraid, Murkrow, Unown, Kakuna, Silcoon, Plusle, Camerupt, Sudowoodo, Scyther, Gulpin, Solrock

Question 1: Is the MP from GSC originally?

New poll:

[2/19] Do you own an MP3 player? If so, how many songs do you have on there? What genres of songs do you have? How much space can it hold?

Yes, I do have an MP3 player, my Creative Zen V-Plus that I got for Christmas last year, it has 783 songs on it (close to 800), and the main genres I have on there are bluegrass (mainly classic stuff), rock/pop (songs from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000's), and gaming tunes (actual music from various games just to relieve memories, all in MP3 format). My MP3 player isn't as big as Apple iPods, it can hold up to 4 MB of songs, but that still isn't too bad.

Yeah, I do play video games, but not too often these days unless they're on the computer, not that I don't have anything against them, I just don't have much time for the console and handheld games much these days. Games I do like to play, however, mainly consist of driving/racing type games (mainly the Mario Kart series), platform type games, and adventure/RPGs (mainly the various Legend of Zelda titles I've played). My favourite genre would probably have to be adventure/RPG, it's fun to look for items, and using them in one way or another to beat bosses in a game, typically in the Zelda series. For systems I own, I own a Super Nintendo, Super Game Boy (not really a system, but it lets me play some, but not all, Game Boy games on the Super Nintendo), Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Game Boy Colour, Game Boy Advance, a GameCube and a Game Boy Player (again, this isn't really a system, but like the Super Game Boy, it allows me to play Game Boy games, on the GameCube this time around, and it can play just about any Game Boy/Game Boy Colour/Game Boy Advance title). For games that interest me, well, my interest in newer games has dwindled a bit since I started college last fall, none really caught my interest right now, though a few have been tempting, like the new Zelda title Twilight Princess.

Two MGs (plus the extra one) and 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin) please.

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 04:55 PM
Inferno: Stat Modification Die. GT: You're right. Pick your prize.

EDIT: Kyle: GT: It is Mankey. Pick you prize. MP: No, it's not. MGs: Green MGcoin, Hollow Stone, Photosynthesis Gem. SCs: 4 Blue MGcoins, 6 Red MGcoins

I do play video games, especially the Mario and Sonic (2-D) games. I've also played Earthbound via emulator. I'll probably pick Donkey Kong Country back up since I think my SNES is still working. My favorite genre is platforming. Between me and my brother, we own a SNES, N64, Sega Saturn, Gamecube, PS2, XBox, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, and Nintendo DS. A game that interests me is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 04:58 PM
I will take an Red MG Coin and use it to play a game of Mystery Pokemon with D/P Pokemon ... THIS TIME.

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 05:00 PM
Inferno: Fine. Roselia, Tauros, Dokurogu, Raichu, Sandslash, Beldum, Mankey, Quagsire, Hariyama, Tyranitar, Togekiss, Mightyena, Pidgeot, Biidaru

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 05:04 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Roselia, Tauros, Dokurogu, Raichu, Sandslash, Beldum, Mankey, Quagsire, Hariyama, Tyranitar, Togekiss, Mightyena, Pidgeot, Biidaru

Question 1: Was the Mystery Pokemon Introduced in Pokemon R/B/Y?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, it was.

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 05:17 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Tauros, Raichu, Sandslash, Mankey, Pidgeot

Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 05:21 PM
No, it's not.

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 05:34 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Tauros, Mankey

Question 1: Was the Mystery Pokemon Introduced in Pokemon R/B/Y? Yes
Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved? No
Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon Tauros?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Nope.

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 05:38 PM
Mystery Pokemon: Mankey

Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon Tauros?
Question 4: Is the Mystery Pokemon Mankey?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 05:47 PM
Yep. Choose your prize.

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 05:58 PM
I would like a Blue MG Coin. I would like to play the fish game offering my only Green MG Coins. And the coordinates I would like to choose are D-4, A-2, C-3

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 06:11 PM
Okay. You get a Gold Berry, Solar Gem, and a Circle Gem.

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 07:51 PM
*looks back* Aw, crud, no wonder things got screwed up! Looks like I mislabeled the question. Sorry about that, Shonta!

MP: Tentacruel, Marill
Question #4: Is the Pokemon a Tentacruel?

Knight of Time
19th February 2007, 08:08 PM

Beedrill, Cleffa, Lugia, Remoraid, Murkrow, Unown, Kakuna, Silcoon, Plusle, Camerupt, Sudowoodo, Scyther, Gulpin, Solrock

Okay, so the MP isn't originally from GSC, so my list is now:

Beedrill, Kakuna, Silcoon, Plusle, Camerupt, Scyther, Gulpin, Solrock

Question 2: Is the MP a Bug type?

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 08:15 PM
Brian: Yes, it is. Choose your prize.

Kyle: No, it isn't.

Knight of Time
19th February 2007, 08:21 PM

Okay, since the MP isn't a Bug type, that leaves me with:

Plusle, Camerupt, Gulpin, Solrock

Question 3: Does the MP take normal damage from Electric moves?

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 08:23 PM
Excellent! I think I'll take a Green MGcoin and use it to play the Fishing Game. Spaces A-1, B-4, and C-2, please! *pays*

classy_cat18
19th February 2007, 09:56 PM
Kyle: No, it doesn't.

Brian: 2 Stamps/CCPs, Berry, 1 Stamp/CCP

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 12:04 AM
Considering I'm in dire need of coins, that could've gone better...

I think I'll use my final Red MGcoin to play a game of Mystery Pokemon with DP.

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 12:30 AM
Brian: Kingdra, Electrode, Delibird, Venusaur, Minun, Nidoran M, Crobat, Wobbuffet, Donkarasu, Smoochum, Electrike, Hitmontop, Caterpie, Azumarill

Lady Vulpix
20th February 2007, 04:31 AM
Shonta: MP: no, sorry. MG: Lunar Gem.

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 09:32 AM
MP: Golduck
The Mystery Pokemon is Golduck. Blue MGCoin if I'm right.

Knight of Time
20th February 2007, 01:17 PM

Okay, since the MP doesn't take normal damage from Electric moves, that must mean that it's either resistant or immune to them, so my list is now:

Plusle, Camerupt

Question 4/Guess: Is the MP Camerupt?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 01:19 PM
I would like to play the Fishing Game offering one Red MG Coin and One Blue MG Coin.

Coordinates: D1, A2, C4

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 02:56 PM
Kyle: Nope.

Inferno: 20 Stamps/CCPs, Photosynthesis Gem, Red MGCoin

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 02:58 PM
MP: Kingdra, Electrode, Delibird, Venusaur, Minun, Nidoran M, Crobat, Wobbuffet, Donkarasu, Smoochum, Electrike, Hitmontop, Caterpie, Azumarill
Question #1: Is there an "e" in this Pokemon's name?

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 03:18 PM
Brian: Yes.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:21 PM
MP: Electrode, Delibird, Venusaur, Wobbuffet, Electrike, Caterpie
Question #2: Does this Pokemon's name end with an "e"?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:23 PM
I will use that Red MG Coin to play a game of Guess This.

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 03:32 PM
Brian: No.

Inferno_Dragon: This is the only grass type Pokemon that evolves via a Water Stone.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:34 PM
MP: Delibird, Venusaur, Wobbuffet
Question #3: Is this Pokemon a Delibird?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:39 PM
Guess This: This is the only grass type Pokemon that evolves via a Water Stone.

It has to be Ludicolo. A Red MG Coin if I am right.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:59 PM
[2/19] Do you own an MP3 player? If so, how many songs do you have on there? What genres of songs do you have? How much space can it hold?

I’ve got a 2GB iPod Nano which is way too small for my needs. ^_^;; It currently has 654 songs, all of which are from anime and video games. However, iTunes has 1,406 songs, consisting of anime, video games, movie soundtracks, soft rock, pop, classical, country, techno… almost much every genre I know.

So why do I have an iPod Nano instead of a regular one? To make a long story short, don’t trust Apple’s replacement guarantee. >_<

[2/20] How much do you use the internet? For what things do you use it? Do you think you use the internet too much or too little? Why do you use the internet as much or as little as you do?

I’m on the internet all the time… probably at least six hours a day, and usually a lot more. (That’s definitely way too much.) I use it for a variety of things, from social networking (TPM!) to games, from downloads to research. It’s really just something to do. But while I’m on the internet a lot, I also do other things in the meantime. Whether I’m watching TV or doing homework, I’m not totally engrossed in the net. Just mostly.

May I have three MGs, please?

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 04:20 PM
Brian: Green MGcoin, Flame Gem, Lunar Gem. MP: No, it isn't.

Inferno: Sorry, it's Lombre. Ludicolo doesn't evolve.

I have a 6GB iPod Mini that holds close to 300 songs. The genres range from hip hop and gospel to anime music.

[2/20] How much do you use the internet? For what things do you use it? Do you think you use the internet too much or too little? Why do you use the internet as much or as little as you do?
I'm online about ten hours a day but actually use it slightly less. I mainly use it for entertainment and IM'ing. But I definitely use it too much. It's just that I'm stuck at home so much and there's little to do here.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 04:47 PM
MP: Venusaur, Wobbuffet
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Venusaur?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 04:49 PM
Okay, I would like to split use a Blue MG Coin to play a game of Mystery Pokemon with D/P Pokemon.

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 04:58 PM
Brian: That's correct. Choose your prize.

Inferno: Bagon, Ekans, Zapdos, Wobbuffet, Skitty, Minomadamu, Regice, Bunyatto, Goldeen, Hippopotasu, Marowak, Mukuhawk, Grovyle, Vileplume

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:00 PM
Shonta: Thanks! I think I'll take a Green MGcoin and use it to play the Fishing Game. Spaces A-1, B-3, and D-2, please.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:03 PM
Mystery Pokemon: : Bagon, Ekans, Zapdos, Wobbuffet, Skitty, Minomadamu, Regice, Bunyatto, Goldeen, Hippopotasu, Marowak, Mukuhawk, Grovyle, Vileplume

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 09:39 PM
Brian: 2 Stamps/CCPs, Blue MGCoin, Circle Gem

Inferno: Yes, it is.

The Blue Avenger
20th February 2007, 10:47 PM
Shonta: 1 Stamp/CCP, 1 Stamp/CCP

EMT Game
Type: Ice
Power: 30
Accuracy: 90
Target:
Effect:
Guesses: Icy Wind, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Ice Punch

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 11:22 PM
Mystery Pokemon: : Ekans, Zapdos, Goldeen, Marowak, Vileplume

Question 2: Is the Mystery Pokemon Evolved?

classy_cat18
20th February 2007, 11:35 PM
Inferno: No, it isn't.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 11:36 PM
Mystery Pokemon: : Ekans, Zapdos, Goldeen

Question 3: Is the Mystery Pokemon a Dual-Type?

classy_cat18
21st February 2007, 12:13 AM
Inferno: Nope.

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 12:34 AM
Mystery Pokemon: : Ekans, Goldeen

Question 4: Is the Mystery Pokemon Ekans?

classy_cat18
21st February 2007, 12:46 AM
Yes, it is. Choose your prize.

Lady Vulpix
21st February 2007, 06:56 AM
Shonta: MP: it is, indeed. You get a Blue MGCoin. Sorry for the delay, I wasn't feeling well yesterday.

EMT Game: is it Ice Ball?

No, unless you count my computer. So I guess the rest of the questions don't apply.

Nearly all the time, for work and for fun. At work I used it to find information I need as well as to test my work. Then I use it to check/post in message boards, read my e-mail (and answer sometimes), have IM conversations, read webcomics, find ellusive words for my stories, and occassionally play quick games. I certainly don't use it too little. Too much? I don't know, I like what I do online and it's not like I don't do anything else or spend nights without sleeping for it (I do spend nights without sleeping, but not on the computer), so I guess it's fine.

2 MGs, please.

The Blue Avenger
21st February 2007, 09:10 AM
Gabi: Red MGCoin, Spark Gem.

Congratulations! Gabi has won an Ice Ball TM!

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 07:59 PM
I would like to receive a Red MG Coin and use that Red MG Coin to play a game of Guess That.

Lady Vulpix
23rd February 2007, 04:47 AM
Thanks, Jeff! I'm giving it to Kurly, my captured Politoed.

Inferno_Dragon, I'm assuming you mean Guess THIS. Let's see... this pokemon can throw projectiles of its own type and general shape.

NOTICE For GT workers: if you can't access the Goldenrod Tower Randomizer on its usual location, there's a mirror here (http://forboards.prophp.org/GTRandomizer.html).

mr_pikachu
23rd February 2007, 05:50 AM
[2/23] Do you still watch the Pokémon anime? Why or why not? Why did you start watching the series in the first place? (If you’ve never watched it, why did you join TPM?) What’s your favorite thing about the anime? What’s your least favorite thing? Do you have any hopes for the show in the future?

Yes, I still watch it whenever I can, as the reviews in the Pokemon Anime forum demonstrate. It's just a great show with an excellent concept, and I enjoy pretty much every facet of the series. I guess I like the competitions in the anime more than the many other aspects. I love competition and games in general, so that plays right into my interests. Not that the filler episodes, animation style, characters, relationships, and so on aren't great. I just like the battle. Can you blame me?

For my least favorite part... if I'd answered this a few months ago, I would have simply said it was the voice acting. But most of them are getting much better. Instead, I've learned to loathe the voice acting of various "extras" as well as certain characters who make infrequent appearances, such as Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, and Professor Oak. I shudder to think what they'll do if Misty makes another cameo appearance. Naturally, my greatest hope for the show - other than general success and longevity - is for the voice acting of minor characters to improve so that I never again spend half an episode thinking about their lacking talents.

May I please have two MGs?

Lady Vulpix
23rd February 2007, 01:13 PM
I've tried to migrate the tagboards to the new server but only the smilies (http://forboards.prophp.org/Hangman/smilies.php) work. :(

Brian: 2 Stamps/CCPs, Blue MGcoin.

[2/23] Do you still watch the Pokémon anime? Why or why not? Why did you start watching the series in the first place? (If you’ve never watched it, why did you join TPM?) What’s your favorite thing about the anime? What’s your least favorite thing? Do you have any hopes for the show in the future?
No, I stopped watching it soon after the Advance generation began because it had lost whatever little originality it once had. I started watching it because my brother started talking about it and I wanted to see what it was. My favorite thing about it are the pokemon themselves, and my least favorite thing... the plot, or lack thereof, which is quite important to me. I don't really have hopes for the show in the future, unless they suddenly hire a different author who wants to do something better with it. Note that since I haven't watched it in a long time they may already have, I don't know that.

MG, please.

The_Missing_Link
24th February 2007, 01:45 AM
I don't know when Kyle posted the Shadow Ball TM confirmation post but I approve of the trade

Knight of Time
24th February 2007, 08:24 AM
Rebecca, just as a heads up, it was on page 34 of the last version of Goldenrod Tower where I announced our little transaction, but since you can't easily quote a post from a closed topic, it's okay.

Thanks again for the TM.

Anyway...

Okay, since the MP doesn't take normal damage from Electric moves, that must mean that it's either resistant or immune to them, so my list is now:

Plusle, Camerupt

Question 4/Guess: Is the MP Camerupt?

Okay, since the MP isn't Camerupt, that means it must be Plusle, so Blue MGCoin if I'm right please.

[2/24]How much would it bother you to see a poll here appear more than once? Why?

Well, in general, my answer to this one would vary vastly, if someone posted a poll here that was already posted the week before, I'd probably be a little annoyed to have to answer it again because in this case I'd not want to repeat myself, but if the poll being posted was once posted months ago, I probably wouldn't mind answering it again because I'd likely forget what I put for the poll the last time.

Yeah, I still watch it, but not when there isn't a new episode coming up, because I tend to get bored with reruns of Pokemon episodes, unless they were episodes I missed the first time. I started watching it in the first place because it had already became one of my bigger interests years ago. Hmm, my favourite thing about the Pokemon anime, I'd say, would be seeing a Pokemon make its animated debut on an episode for the first time in the show's history. After all, first appearances always are nice. As for any hopes for the future, well, I personally hope Brock's Marshtomp evolves, since Grovyle and Combusken evolve in the Battle Frontier saga, it would be nice to see Marshtomp evolve at some point in the Sinnoh episodes.

2 MGs (and the extra one) and 10 SCs (1, 2, 3, Green MGCoin) please.

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 08:34 AM
Kyle: MG: Solar Gem, Hollow Stone, 10 Stamps/CCPs. SC: 1 Blue MGcoin, 8 Red MGcoins.

[2/24]How much would it bother you to see a poll here appear more than once? Why?
It happens sometimes. Sometimes the answers vary, so it's ok, and if it's a really old poll then the person who posted it had no way to know. But if someone went and reposted a poll that was on the previous page or something like that, it would be annoying because it would mean he or she didn't bother checking, and because the answers would be likely to be the same.

2 MGs, please, one for today and one for yesterday.

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 09:05 AM
[2/24] How much would it bother you to see a poll here appear more than once? Why?

Er... I hope I didn't do this...

Well, it wouldn't bother me too much if it was a fairly old poll, and if it was at least a little inventive. Not only am I too new to have polls from a couple of months back, but my answers would probably be different even if I was familiar with the questions. I do think, however, that unoriginal old polls should be avoided, and recent ones would also be irritating.

May I have two MGs?

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 09:45 AM
Two? Why two? You get a Division Gem. Did we owe you anything else?

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 10:11 AM
No, I'm just used to being the one who starts the polls. ^_^;;

I think I'll use my two Blue MGcoins to play the Fishing Game (A-1, B-3, and D-2) and a game of Mystery Pokemon with DP. *pays*

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 10:19 AM
Fishing Game: Photosynthesis Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP, Darkness Gem.

Grid:
A - B - C - D
1 Photosynthesis Gem - 10 Stamps/CCPs - Nothing - Division Gem
2 Light Gem - Stat Modification Die - 1 Stamp/CCP - Darkness Gem
3 Solar Gem - 1 Stamp/CCP - Gold Key - Stat Modification Die
4 Photosynthesis Gem - 1 Stamp/CCP - Hollow Stone - Berry

MP: Togetic, Baltoy, Lapras, Dotaitos, Bulbasaur, Minomadamu, Poliwhirl, Aron, Kirlia, Mewtwo, Elekid, Omastar, Vulpix, Dialga.

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 10:43 AM
MP: Togetic, Baltoy, Lapras, Dotaitos, Bulbasaur, Minomadamu, Poliwhirl, Aron, Kirlia, Mewtwo, Elekid, Omastar, Vulpix, Dialga
Question #1: Is there an "r" in this Pokemon's name?

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 11:36 AM
No, there isn't.

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 04:11 PM
MP: Togetic, Baltoy, Dotaitos, Minomadamu, Mewtwo, Elekid, Vulpix, Dialga
Question #1: Is there an "o" in this Pokemon's name?

Lady Vulpix
25th February 2007, 10:48 AM
Yes, there is.

Is the new tagboard working well?

mr_pikachu
25th February 2007, 06:04 PM
Yes, it is, Gabi. Thanks again! ^_^

MP: Togetic, Baltoy, Dotaitos, Minomadamu, Mewtwo
Question #3: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "M"?

Lady Vulpix
26th February 2007, 04:41 AM
You're welcome again. :D

As for the MP, I'm afraid not.

mr_pikachu
26th February 2007, 06:21 AM
...Well, crud.

MP: Togetic, Baltoy, Dotaitos
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Togetic?

Lady Vulpix
26th February 2007, 09:14 AM
Wow, that was a lucky guess! Congratulations! What will your prize be?

mr_pikachu
26th February 2007, 10:53 AM
Whew, I needed that! *wipes brow* I'll take a Green MGcoin, then swap it for a Blue one to play another game of Mystery Pokemon with DP. *pays*

Lady Vulpix
26th February 2007, 11:58 AM
Brian: Ledyba, Corphish, Corsola, Cascoon, Bellossom, Dusclops, Paras, Spinda, Kaburaisu, Nidoran M, Rattata, Voltorb, Flygon, Meganium.

EMT Game coming later, excuse the delay. I can't connect to the randomizer.

(26/2) Do you have a website/websites? If so, what is it/are they about? Where is it/are they hosted, and why did you choose that host/those hosts? If you don't have a website, why not? Have you ever thought of making one? Do you think you ever will?
I have several. My brother and I made many about music, games and made-up stuff back in 1996 and most of them are still lying out there. The ones hosted on Tripod are. The ones I currently maintain have info about my pokemon, utilities for TPM and other message boards and the Dragon Tamers stories archive. I use 3 primary web hosts:
-tripod.com for text files and plain HTML pages because it's the most reliable for that and the banners it puts on the pages are small and easily ignored.
-lycos.co.uk for some PHP scripts, also for its reliability, though it places huge ads on the pages which makes frames imporrible to use and everything else annoying.
-ProPHP.org for everything with frames and everything I don't want ads on. So far so good. Before that I used Awardspace.com, which is good for PHP/database interaction, but it has an insane banned word policy and it's still in beta so the servers often go down without a notice.

4 MGs, please, 2 for today and the two from last page.

mr_pikachu
26th February 2007, 12:09 PM
(We American nutjobs give the month first!)

[2/26] Do you have a website/websites? If so, what is it/are they about? Where is it/are they hosted, and why did you choose that host/those hosts? If you don't have a website, why not? Have you ever thought of making one? Do you think you ever will?

Well, I've built a couple of full websites; my first one was for my father's company, and the second was for a local school. As for individual pages, I've created the Pokemon Hangman Randomizer (check it out!) and a couple of interest-based sites; I'm also trying to develop an IV calculator, although it's tedious work. The sites for the company and school are located on their own servers (unless they changed services), while the others use free hosting. Regarding the sites with free hostings, I used to exclusively used Angelfire. But after an incident in which the Pokemon Hangman Randomizer was deleted for no apparent reason, I use GreatNow for the sites that I really want to stay online. Can't trust AF after that.

I believe I get an MG for that.

MP: Ledyba, Corphish, Corsola, Cascoon, Bellossom, Dusclops, Paras, Spinda, Kaburaisu, Nidoran M, Rattata, Voltorb, Flygon, Meganium
Question #1: Is there an "o" in this Pokemon's name?

EDIT: Added the free hosting sites. ^_^;;

Lady Vulpix
26th February 2007, 05:29 PM
Ok, but we don't!

Brian: MG: Ocean Gem, even if you didn't say which free hosting you used. And I have checked out the Pokemon Hangman Randomizer. MP: yes.

EMT Game:
[TYPE] FIRE
[BASE PP]
[BASE DAMAGE]
[BASE ACCURACY]
[TARGET]
[EFFECT]

Knight of Time
26th February 2007, 05:33 PM
EMT: Sacred Fire?

mr_pikachu
26th February 2007, 08:32 PM
MP: Corphish, Corsola, Cascoon, Bellossom, Dusclops, Nidoran M, Voltorb, Flygon
Question #2: Does this Pokemon's name begin with a "C"?

classy_cat18
26th February 2007, 08:44 PM
EMT: Fire Punch

The_Missing_Link
26th February 2007, 09:54 PM
EMT: Fire Blast

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 04:49 AM
Brian: no, it doesn't.

EMT Game:
[TYPE] FIRE
[BASE PP] 15
[BASE DAMAGE]
[BASE ACCURACY]
[TARGET]
[EFFECT]
Guesses: Sacred Fire, Fire Punch, Fire Blast.

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 04:52 AM
Argh, not again!

MP: Bellossom, Dusclops, Nidoran M, Voltorb, Flygon
Question #3: Does this Pokemon's name include more than one "o"?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 09:47 AM
You got a 'yes' this time.

No guesses for the EMT Game?

classy_cat18
27th February 2007, 11:28 AM
EMT: Fire Fang

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 12:28 PM
I would play the EMT game, but I've already won mine for this month... let's see if it gets extended another couple of days! ^_^

MP: Bellossom, Voltorb
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Bellossom?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, it is! Well done, Brian! Prize?

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks! I think I'll take a Green MGcoin and then swap a Blue one for a Red one to play another game of Mystery Pokemon with DP. *pays*

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 03:03 PM
You're on a roll. MP: Venomoth, Cherinbo, Yonowaaru, Dratini, Manaphy, Mantyke, Bagon, Garmeil, Phanpy, Lunatone, Psyduck, Claydol, Kyogre, Mukkubird.

Now, Shonta, or Jeff... Will one of you please give me my 4 Mystery Gifts?

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 03:09 PM
MP: Venomoth, Cherinbo, Yonowaaru, Dratini, Manaphy, Mantyke, Bagon, Garmeil, Phanpy, Lunatone, Psyduck, Claydol, Kyogre, Mukkubird.
Question #1: Does this Pokemon's name have exactly 7 letters?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 03:09 PM
Yes, it does, lucky guesser!

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 03:14 PM
Well, the odds weren't too bad. 6 out of 14, ehehe.

MP: Dratini, Manaphy, Mantyke, Garmeil, Psyduck, Claydol
Question #2: Is the second letter in this Pokemon's name an "a"?

You mentioned that I'm on a roll... well, I'm way too into this. Last week I did some statistical analyses to determine the best strategies for eliminating possibilities quickly yet without significant risk. I think it's paying off.

...Incidentally, I just now realized how ironic this latest question is, considering recent events in Hangman. XD

classy_cat18
27th February 2007, 06:25 PM
Gabi: Sorry. Rainbow Gem, Solar Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP, Darkness Gem

Knight of Time
27th February 2007, 06:28 PM
EMT: Flamethrower?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks, Shonta. I'll make that a stamp.

Brian: you mean trying to get six out of 14, andthen 2 out of 6? Yes, that's what I normally try to do as well. And no, it isn't.

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 07:42 PM
Actually, that's not my tactic. According to my analyses, going for 3 is actually best when you've narrowed it to 6 after the first question.

Anyway...

MP: Dratini, Psyduck, Claydol
Question #3: Is this Pokemon a Dratini?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 07:45 PM
No, it isn't.

It's a matter of luck, really. If you get 2, you'll have better chances than if you get 3, which is still better than 4. Once you have 6, you can either take the chance or play it safe (if you go for 3, you're guaranteed to get it), but then you have a chance of 1 in 3 of getting it right.

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 08:09 PM
Actually, think of it this way, starting from six possibilities...

First let's try dividing it by the 2-4 method, as you mentioned. Here's how I arranged the problem:

1 y
2 y
3 n
4 n
5 n
6 n

As you can see, we have the six possibilities on the left, followed by the response for question #2 on the right (either "yes" or "no," which could be just as easily reversed). If it's yes, then you guess one and if you're wrong, you guess the other. But there are two ways of approaching the remaining possibilities if you're wrong. You could either divide them into groups of two or start guessing one possibility after another. Let's explore the division strategy first to see what happens.

#2 #3
1 y Y
2 y n
3 n y
4 n y
5 n n
6 n n

As you may have noticed, possibility 1 has a capital Y for question 3; that signifies the odds of getting it right on that attempt. The remaining possibilities merely show what happens if you were right or wrong. Let's continue with the scenario all the way through, now that you understand my notation and methods of dividing scenarios.

#2 #3 #4 #5
1 y Y
2 y n Y
3 n y Y
4 n y n Y
5 n n Y
6 n n n Y

There is no need to continue any scenario that has already given a correct answer. Also, note first that if question #2 was yes and #3 was no, then we immediately know that possibility 2 is the correct answer (since all the others have been eliminated). The same philosophy works for separating 3 from 4 and 5 from 6.

In this instance, one of the possibilities gives you a win on the 3rd question, 3 lead to a win on question #4, and the remaining two both yield wins on the last chance.

Now let's see what happens if you use the 2-4 method and then, given 4 remaining, guess one possibility rather than divide it into groups of two.

#2 #3
1 y Y
2 y n
3 n Y
4 n n
5 n n
6 n n

Let's pause here for a moment. Note that two of the six possibilities lead to a win on the third question, rather than the one we had before. However, in the event that we had a combination of no-yes from questions 2 and 3, we now have three possibilities to investigate.

We may as well guess one possibility after another at this point, because eliminating one possibility by a typical yes/no question is as good as guessing that possibility outright; with the latter method, you have the added benefit of possibly getting the mystery Pokemon immediately.

#2 #3 #4 #5
1 y Y
2 y n Y
3 n Y
4 n n Y
5 n n n Y
6 n n n n

This is a lot different than the previous example. Note that now, we have two chances to get it right on the third question, two to get it right on the fourth, and one to get it on the last question. But since we took a risk earlier by playing for an immediate win, there's one possibility which leads us to missing the mystery Pokemon altogether!

Now let's look at my method of dividing it into groups of three.

1 y
2 y
3 y
4 n
5 n
6 n

Recall from before that, given a group of three at any point, you may as well just guess one possibility in the hope of getting it correct. This guides the rest of the scenario.

#2 #3 #4 #5
1 y Y
2 y n Y
3 y n n Y
4 n Y
5 n n Y
6 n n n Y

Note that in this case we have two chances to win on the third, fourth, and final questions.

Let's now compare the results, showing them by the number of possibilities which lead to a win on the third, fourth, and final questions, as well as the ones which lead to failure...

2-4 (divide into two)
1-3-2-0

2-4 (guess immediately)
2-2-1-1

3-3
2-2-2-0

From those results, I think you can easily deduce which strategy is best. This is a heck of a lot harder when you try all the tactics from the starting point of 14 possibilities, but it's given me some valuable data.

...Oh, and by the way...

MP: Psyduck, Claydol
Question #4: Is this Pokemon a Psyduck?

Ehehe. ^_^;;;

Inferno_Dragon
27th February 2007, 08:11 PM
Guess This: This pokemon can throw projectiles of its own type and general shape.

This one seemed tricky and I don't know if I got this right ... if I don't, I can always use the Red MG Coin to play another game of Guess This.

Is the Pokemon Beedrill?

Lady Vulpix
27th February 2007, 08:16 PM
Brian: yes, it is. And you could have stated it in terms of probabilities and expectancy. It would have been shorter. I may do that earlier (because it's late now). Anyway, congratulations!

Sorry, I_D, it was Spheal. I was referring to the attack Ice Ball. I'll try to think of a new GT tomorrow if no one else does earlier. But what Red MGCoin are you talking about? You don't get it back.

Inferno_Dragon
27th February 2007, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I am thinking of Mystery Pokemon. I will just use a Blue MCGoin to play a game of Guess This.

mr_pikachu
27th February 2007, 08:21 PM
Awesome! I think I'll take a Green MGcoin, then use a Red MGcoin on another game of Mystery Pokemon with DP.

EDIT: Since you seem to be interested, I can send you the spreadsheet I made so that you don't have to do too much unnecessary work. Just let me know. The same goes for anyone else who wants it; just ask, and we can figure out a transfer method. ^_^

Lady Vulpix
28th February 2007, 04:33 AM
Inferno_Dragon: this is a DP pokemon and I'm warning you because it's the first one to show up on GT, by decision of the randomizer. This pokemon turns out to be more intimidating than it looks at first sight, with its height of merely 2'00" and its funny-looking curl.

Brian: it's not necessary. Using the property that says that P(AΠB)=P(B|A)*P(A)...

Odds of getting it on the 3rd question with the 6-2-1 method: 3/7*1/3*1/2=1/14

Odds of getting it on the 3rd question with the 6-3-1 method: 3/7*1/3=1/7

The odds are twice as good that way, but since it's still random (pseudo random, but observably random enough), the latter method hasn't worked for me so far while the former has worked once. I still use both, though. I like some variety.

MP: Cherinbo, Jynx, Whiscash, Seaking, Starly, Sudowoodo, Minomadamu, Primeape, Swablu, Charmander, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snubbull, Omastar.

classy_cat18
28th February 2007, 11:25 AM
EMT: Fire Spin?

I would like to play a game of Mystery Pokemon with DP Pokemon. *pays Red MGCoin*

mr_pikachu
28th February 2007, 12:35 PM
Brian: it's not necessary. Using the property that says that P(AΠB)=P(B|A)*P(A)...

I must've missed that class. o_o

MP: Cherinbo, Jynx, Whiscash, Seaking, Starly, Sudowoodo, Minomadamu, Primeape, Swablu, Charmander, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snubbull, Omastar
Question #1: Does this Pokemon's name begin with an "S"?

EDIT: The only thing I can think of that even resembles that formula has to do with power sets and intersections. And I have no idea how they'd be used in that case.

Inferno_Dragon
28th February 2007, 09:17 PM
Guess This: this is a DP pokemon and I'm warning you because it's the first one to show up on GT, by decision of the randomizer. This pokemon turns out to be more intimidating than it looks at first sight, with its height of merely 2'00" and its funny-looking curl.

Aren't I special? I looked for pokemon with the specifics and the one I found should be it. It has to be Mukkubird, because it does look intimidating, it's height is 2'00" and it has this funny looking curl on top of its head.

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2007, 04:37 AM
Well done, Inferno_Dragon! What will your prize be?

Brian: it is indeed intersection, but it's a probability property. The probability of both A and B to occur simultaneously (hence the intersection) is equal to the probability of B given A (as in, the probability of B happening knowing that A does happen) multiplied by the probability of B.

And yes, lucky guy, it does begin with an S.

Shonta: Agunomuu, Chansey, Dratini, Wailmer, Sableye, Vigoroth, Girafarig, Skitty, Buuburn, Beruberuto, Yukinooh, Sunflora, Weepinbell, Dodrio. Can I have an MP too, please? With DP.

EMT Game:
[TYPE] FIRE
[BASE PP] 15
[BASE DAMAGE] 80
[BASE ACCURACY] 100
[TARGET]
[EFFECT]
Guesses: Sacred Fire, Fire Punch, Fire Blast, Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Fire Spin.

mr_pikachu
1st March 2007, 04:52 AM
MP: Seaking, Starly, Sudowoodo, Swablu, Squirtle, Snubbull
Question #2: Does this Pokemon have an "a" in its name?

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2007, 07:48 AM
Yes, it does.

mr_pikachu
1st March 2007, 08:05 AM
MP: Seaking, Starly, Swablu
Question #3: Is this Pokemon a Seaking?

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2007, 08:31 AM
Lucky, lucky Brian. What do you want now?

classy_cat18
1st March 2007, 09:00 AM
Oh man. Now I know what the EMT is but I don't want it.

Gabi: Sure. Nidoran F, Sunkern, Farfetch'd, Wailord, Psyduck, Mr. Mime, Skarmory, Dragonite, Beequeen, Kecleon, Lairon, Xatu, Tyrogue, Lucario

MP: Agunomuu, Chansey, Dratini, Wailmer, Sableye, Vigoroth, Girafarig, Skitty, Buuburn, Beruberuto, Yukinooh, Sunflora, Weepinbell, Dodrio

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2007, 09:05 AM
You forgot to ask a question.

My MP: Nidoran F, Sunkern, Farfetch'd, Wailord, Psyduck, Mr. Mime, Skarmory, Dragonite, Beequeen, Kecleon, Lairon, Xatu, Tyrogue, Lucario.

Question 1: has the pokemon evolved?

classy_cat18
1st March 2007, 09:28 AM
Gabi: Sorry, got distracted. Yes, it has.

MP: Agunomuu, Chansey, Dratini, Wailmer, Sableye, Vigoroth, Girafarig, Skitty, Buuburn, Beruberuto, Yukinooh, Sunflora, Weepinbell, Dodrio
Question #1: Is the Pokemon evolved?

Lady Vulpix
1st March 2007, 11:14 AM
Shonta: yes, it is.

My MP: Nidoran F, Sunkern, Farfetch'd, Wailord, Psyduck, Mr. Mime, Skarmory, Dragonite, Beequeen, Kecleon, Lairon, Xatu, Tyrogue, Lucario.

Question 1: has the pokemon evolved? Yes.

Filtered list: Wailord, Dragonite, Beequeen, Lairon, Xatu, Lucario.

Question 2: does the pokemon have wings?

classy_cat18
1st March 2007, 11:38 AM
EMT: Smoke Erupt

Gabi: Good question. No, it doesn't.