PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Hangman v.55 (MA)

Pages : [1] 2

Number1ChanseyFan
13th February 2007, 05:06 PM
Okies, here is Version 55 of Pokemon Hangman, which I have posted on possibly the snowiest day that I have ever seen!! I even got half of a snow day today!! XD There could be over 20 inches of snow before this storm is done.... anyways, here's the new version!!

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT: A new rule has been added to the game of Pokemon Hangman, so be sure to check it out.

ANNOUNCEMENT: mr_pikachu has created a Pokémon randomizer that will help you pick a Pokémon when it is your turn to post a puzzle. This will help make sure that every Pokémon will have an equal opportunity of coming up. Here is the link to it: The Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer (http://pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer.html)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Randomizer Update! If you select an Unown plushie using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what Unown form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)." Don't include this extra letter (or symbol) in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie!

Pokémon Hangman v.55
Little_Pikachu approved :025:

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
Rules Editor For This Version: Christen (Number1ChanseyFan)
Hosts: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

I'm sure we've all played hangman when you're bored, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist who is associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and I hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
Newest rules in Light Yellow

The rules of Hangman are fairly straight-forward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. *sigh*

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so. :rolleyes:

Each player may not guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - Double check to see if a letter is present in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and pick a Pokemon that hasn't already been done. You don't need to always pick evolved forms. The rarity of each plushie should remain the same so we have a nice mix. You may only win a maximum of three plushies per day - This is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each person’s “day” depends on the time listed in their forum profile. Each new day begins at midnight.)

If you win three plushies you may still play, however if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) Give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) Do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may give them out. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve a rarity. Specialized plushies may also be won here, like a Shiny Claydol, or a Pikachu with a Blue Scarf... the list continues, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios and Latias. All others are fine. Oh, and please don't do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet, either.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 24 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to four situations:

1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right

3. When so many guesses are made that the man might hang (this also applies to letter guesses in advance as well)

4. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie

If you don't post 24 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 24 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers).

If you make an incorrect Pokemon guess by accident, you aren't allowed to delete it and make a new guess before the person whose turn it is updates.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Here’s an example of this rule in action: Let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterward guesses "Pikachu." If the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelt it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries and D/P Pokemon), however, you cannot pick a shiny plushie, as they are obviously rarer than legendaries. When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured, non-legendary plushie you want (again, you cannot choose a D/P Pokemon either until D/P are released here in North America), and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who play Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every day!

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are well over 300 Pokemon to choose from so good luck! (And again, please don’t do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet.)

If there's something you don't understand then ask mr_pikachu, shinypkmnchaser, or me - we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts and hostess- mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

The man has been hung a total of thirty-three times.
Hangman makes up approximately 1/5 of the total posts in PCG since 2005; considering this game began in very late April.

Ok Gabi, it is your turn to post the next puzzle... Good luck everybody!! ^_^

Inferno_Dragon
13th February 2007, 05:08 PM
Can I have an S in advance?

Shadow Wolf
13th February 2007, 08:29 PM
May I have an L in advance?

mr_pikachu
14th February 2007, 03:00 AM
I'll add an R in advance.

Crazy Elf Boy
14th February 2007, 04:12 AM
I want a P for Pokemon..............lol

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 05:06 AM
You've all made this too easy.
S _ _ R L _ _ (7)
Wrong guesses: P

By the way, would anyone like to trade one of my spare Remoraid plushies for something else?

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 05:10 AM
Well, you can look at my signature, and if you find something interesting, then I can trade with you.

By the way, this one could be a Snorlax

mr_pikachu
14th February 2007, 05:14 AM
I'm pretty certain Louis has it, so I'll take an R in advance.

As for the Remoraid... sorry, but I've already got two of those.

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 05:19 AM
I can trade my Remoraid for your Rapidash, Louis. Is that ok?

And the Snorlax plushie's yours. :)

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 12:04 PM
OK Gabi, "trato hecho"

*gives Rapidash plushie and receives Remoraid plushie*

Thanks for both plushies ^_^

OK a jump start is on.

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

mr_pikachu
14th February 2007, 05:43 PM
Hmm, tricky... is there a D here?

Lady Vulpix
14th February 2007, 05:51 PM
Gracias, Louis. :)

żHay una L?

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 08:21 PM
Is there an N in this puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 08:51 PM
Tricky?, No way man!

_ R _ _ L D _( 7 )

Incorrect: N

Remaining: 8

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 08:53 PM
Is it Armaldo?

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 08:54 PM
Quite right Inferno, congrats!

*hands over the plushie*

R in advance this time.

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 09:01 PM
Here is the puzzle,

_ _ R _ _ _ _ (7 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: None
Guesses Remaining: 9

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 09:09 PM
OK, I'll try an S this time

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 09:20 PM
Nope, there isn't an S in this puzzle.

Incorrect Guesses: S
Guesses Remaining: 8

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 09:23 PM
Hmm, I think that an O might be helpful.

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 09:24 PM
_ _ R _ _ O _ (7 Letters)

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 09:34 PM
Hmm, this is weird, but I don't find any match for this puzzle, unless it has another O, or another R...

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 09:40 PM
Oops, I misplaced the O. Sorry, here is the correct puzzle.

_ _ R O _ _ _ (7 Letters)

Shadow Wolf
14th February 2007, 09:45 PM
No problem! No one is perfect.

OK, let's see if this one's a Tyrogue

Inferno_Dragon
14th February 2007, 09:50 PM
Nope

_ _ R O _ _ _ (7 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: S, Tyrogue
Guesses Remaining: 6

Lady Vulpix
15th February 2007, 05:03 AM
It must be Marowak, then.

mr_pikachu
15th February 2007, 06:58 AM
I'm pretty certain that's it... time to guess an advance R!

Inferno_Dragon
15th February 2007, 10:00 PM
Yes, it is, Lady Vulpix.

Here is ...

Here is ...

The Plushie thingy in not working but I am not going to break it because I don't want to get on mr_pikachus ....

Okay, here is your Marowak plushie. And it is your turn to post a puzzle.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 05:10 AM
Yay, my 135th plushie!

What's the plushie thingy?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

mr_pikachu
16th February 2007, 07:06 AM
Perhaps an R will help us determine what the plushie thingy is.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 07:49 AM
I doubt it. But it may help you discard a few options.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)
Wrong guesses: R

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H1.txt

mr_pikachu
16th February 2007, 09:24 AM
Hmm... would an S be more help in identifying the plushie thingy?

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 10:01 AM
Now that's more like it.

_ _ S _ _ _ _ S (8)
Wrong guesses: R

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H1.txt

Shadow Wolf
16th February 2007, 05:36 PM
Ohh, this one must be a Dusclops.

Lady Vulpix
16th February 2007, 05:53 PM
And indeed it is. Congratulations, Louis!

The Dusclops plushie is yours.

Inferno_Dragon
16th February 2007, 08:04 PM

darktyranitar
16th February 2007, 10:43 PM
T, please.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 01:44 AM
Well played, Louis! I'll take an R in advance.

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:03 AM
Alright, thanks Gabi!

I've had a Dusclops before, but I traded it, so this one is new to the collection.

OK, time to begin anew...

*touches the plushie thingy(randomizer)*

_ _ _ _ _ _ R _( 8 )

Incorrect: S,T

Remaining: 7

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:06 AM
Where can a guy get an L in these parts?

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:09 AM
You can find one on the second line of the puzzle.

_ L _ _ _ _ R _( 8 )

Incorrect: S,T

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:11 AM
Ooh, is this a Clefairy?

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:14 AM
Ooh, you are right mr_pikachu. Congratulations!

*hands over the plushie*

S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:20 AM
Ah, thank you, Louis! That's another new plushie for the collection.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 9

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:26 AM
Hmm, let's look for an O

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:28 AM
Way to seek it out.

_ _ _ _ O _ _ (7)

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:34 AM
OK, I'll try a final D

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:35 AM
Do or do not. There is no try.

_ _ _ _ O _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, D
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 7

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:37 AM
Hmm, maybe Machoke can help me on this one

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:38 AM
Strength does not equal skill.

_ _ _ _ O _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, D, Machoke
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 5

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:40 AM
...then maybe a Rhyhorn will ride me to victory.

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 09:42 AM
I can't imagine it'd be comfortable to have a Rhyhorn ride you... sounds painful. But hey, if that's how you want to enjoy your prize, then who am I to judge? *awards plushie*

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the plushie mr_pikachu!

Wow, all the pain suffered to be quoted, now that's courageous.

OK, next puzzle

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 10:32 AM
Is there an R in this puzzle?

darktyranitar
17th February 2007, 10:38 AM
Gonna go ahead and try a shot at... Natu.

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 01:17 PM
STRIKE!!!

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,Natu

Remaining: 6

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 01:20 PM

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry, but no!

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,Natu,N

Remaining: 5

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 01:51 PM
Is there an H in this puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 01:54 PM
That'll be a No again...

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,Natu,N,H

Remaining: 4

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 01:57 PM
Is the Mystery Pokemon Xatu?

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 02:22 PM
It is still a mystery...

_ _ _ _( 4 )

Incorrect: R,Natu,N,H,Xatu

Remaining: 2!!!

(Danger)

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 02:27 PM
The only possible answer (that is left) is Seel. If it isn't, then I must have missed something.

Shadow Wolf
17th February 2007, 02:42 PM
Oh my god, I think that the man has been...

...set free, because you guessed right Inferno, the man is saved and you have won a Seel plushie, congratulations.

*hands over the plushie*

R in advance please.

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 02:46 PM
That was a close one

_ _ r _ r _ _ (7 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: 0

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 03:22 PM
Let's resolve things, one way or another. Is there an S in this puzzle?

EDIT: Aaaand I didn't realize we'd moved to the next page... >_<

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 03:54 PM
Nope, there is no S in this puzzle.

_ _ r _ r _ _ (7 Letters)

mr_pikachu
17th February 2007, 04:17 PM
It's a Murkrow. >_<

(I hate making stupid guesses...)

Inferno_Dragon
17th February 2007, 04:32 PM
That guess wasn't stupid ... it was brilliant.

Here is your Murkrow plushie.

And can I have an S in advance?

darktyranitar
17th February 2007, 07:06 PM
H in advance, please.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:14 PM
Actually, I was talking about my pointless guess of "S" last round. But nonetheless, thanks for the plushie! That's my second Murkrow, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

S _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: H
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 8

Good luck!

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 02:18 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Seviper.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:19 PM
I'm gonna have to go with no.

S _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: H, Seviper
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 6

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 02:32 PM
Is there an A in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:48 PM
Nice deduction.

S _ A _ _ _ _ (7)

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 02:50 PM
Is there an G in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:53 PM
Tie one on!

S _ A _ _ _ G (7)

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 02:54 PM
Is it Seaking?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 02:56 PM
And your streak of good guesses comes to an end.

S _ A _ _ _ G (7)

Incorrect Guesses: H, Seviper, Seaking
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 4

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 02:58 PM
Then it must be Slaking.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 03:03 PM
So it must! The Slaking plushie is yours, Inferno/T-Tar Master. Well done!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the Slaking Plushie.

Here is the puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 03:33 PM
Requesting an M.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 03:36 PM
Let's go for an R.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 03:43 PM
Sorry, no M or an R.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: M,R
Guesses Remaining: 7

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 03:47 PM
Hmm. Is there an L here?

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 03:48 PM
No M? Blasphemies!

Though in that case, I'll just go for what seems to be the lucky one... S, please.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 03:49 PM
Yes, there are and you get an extra L to boot. But sorry no S in this puzzle.

_ _ _ L L _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: M,R,S

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 03:52 PM
I'm betting this is a Taillow.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:01 PM
You would bet right. Here is your Taillow Plushie. And can I have an S in advance?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you, Inferno! That's my third Taillow, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:21 PM
Is there an E in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 04:28 PM
Have you ever played Hold 'Em? Because you just hit a pair on the turn.

_ _ _ _ _ E E (7)

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:37 PM
Is it Drowzee?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 04:38 PM
You called it! The Drowzee is yours, Inferno. Nice play!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:42 PM
Okay, one more plushie to go and I am done for the day.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8 Letters)

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 04:43 PM
Likewise, I have one to go as well.

Let's lead with an R.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:45 PM
Luckly for you, there is an R in this puzzle.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (8 Letters)

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 04:51 PM
Ooh, this could be treacherous... let's try an N next.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 04:56 PM
Better safe than sorry but there is a n in this puzzle.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ R _ _ N (8 Letters)

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 05:03 PM
Is it a Lizardon?

... okay, just kidding. In more seriousness, can I have a D?

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry no D in this puzzle.

_ _ _ _ R _ _ N (8 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: D

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:18 PM
I'm thinking this is a Vaporeon.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:19 PM
You would be correct. Here is your Vaporeon plushie, carefully because of its wetness, it is quite slippery.

And I would like an S in advance.

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks, Inferno! That's my second Vaporeon, so it's up for trade. And it's also my last plushie for the next 6 hours, 40 minutes.

Here's the next one!

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: N/A

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:24 PM

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:25 PM
There's a misstep.

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: E

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:28 PM
Is there an L in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:30 PM
Everybody loves twins!

S _ _ _ _ _ L L (8)

Incorrect Guesses: E

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:33 PM
Is it Snubbull?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:34 PM
Quite right! The Snubbull is yours, Inferno. Well played!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:37 PM
Well, that's all three plushies for today. All I have to do is post this puzzle and wait till someone can solve it and I am done with this topic until tomorrow.

Here is the puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9 Letters)

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:39 PM
Sure, I can't win today, but I can still help keep the game moving! Let's see an R.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:43 PM
Good idea, mr_pikachu.

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9 Letters)

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:47 PM
Gimme an H next. Come on, I know it's there!

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:50 PM
It is there, you must be psychic.

R _ _ _ _ _ _ _ H (9 Letters)

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 05:51 PM
Let's see if I can make a field goal now. Is there a C hetween the uprights?

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 05:54 PM
I'd like an N, please.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 05:59 PM
You both score.

R _ _ _ C _ N _ H (9 Letters)

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 06:08 PM
Holy hell, I got one.

Let's see if I can get two in a row with Relicanth

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 06:11 PM
I think you've got it! Once Inferno confirms it - as I believe he will - I'll take an R in advance.

Inferno_Dragon
18th February 2007, 06:41 PM
Yes, it is Relicanth. Here is your plushie and it is your turn to do a puzzle.

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 07:10 PM
... Okay, I can't see this round lasting long.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect: R

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 07:22 PM
Is there an L?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 07:28 PM
I'll toss in an S.

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 07:36 PM
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect: R, L, S
Remaining: 6

darktyranitar
18th February 2007, 07:50 PM
How about a T?

Lady Vulpix
18th February 2007, 07:52 PM
Interesting. An E, maybe?

mr_pikachu
18th February 2007, 07:52 PM
Let's add an N to that.

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 08:10 PM
Wow.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect: R, L, S, T, E, N
Remaining: 3

darktyranitar
18th February 2007, 08:49 PM
An A would really help.

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 09:13 PM
Indeed it would.

_ _ _ A _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect: R, L, S, T, E, N
Remaining: 3

darktyranitar
18th February 2007, 09:38 PM
How about an I?

EDIT: And are you sure you didn't leave out any letter in our choice? 'Cause I can't seem to find a possible Pokemon for this one...

Shadow Wolf
18th February 2007, 10:01 PM
Actually dt, I think that I found a match for this one.

I think that this one is the electric mouse Pikachu

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 10:05 PM
The shiny guy got it. It was, indeed, everyone's favorite electric rat. Here's your plushie and your turn.

darktyranitar
18th February 2007, 10:11 PM
Ugh... how come I miss that one? No matter, R in advance, please.

Shadow Wolf
18th February 2007, 10:20 PM
Ah, thanks Hinoryu, this plushie is new to the collection

OK, here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: R

Hinoryu
18th February 2007, 10:30 PM
A hunch tells me to go with P.

darktyranitar
18th February 2007, 10:43 PM
I'll go with an A.

Lady Vulpix
19th February 2007, 10:18 AM
How about an N?

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 10:55 AM
How about an S?

mr_pikachu
19th February 2007, 11:29 AM
I'll add an L to the list.

Shadow Wolf
19th February 2007, 10:13 PM
Oh my, only one hit...

_ _ _ _ _ S( 6 )

Incorrect: R,P,A,L

Inferno_Dragon
19th February 2007, 11:42 PM

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 12:07 AM
Ooh! Could this be a Deoxys?

Hinoryu
20th February 2007, 12:50 AM
Or a Feebas.

Shadow Wolf
20th February 2007, 04:38 AM
The letter E is in the puzzle, but it doesn't matter because one pkmn guess is right...

And the winner is...

mr_pikachu, with his correct guess of Deoxys, congratulations!!!

OK, here are the different forms of Deoxys, so pick the one you like the most.

S in advance please.

darktyranitar
20th February 2007, 05:24 AM
R in advance.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th February 2007, 09:53 AM
C in advance please, and I would like a Jigglypuff b-day plushie please!! :birthday:

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 01:16 PM
I would like an T in advance.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks, Louis! I'd forgotten about the multiple forms... methinks I'll take its Attack variation. Awesome!

Here's the next one!

_ _ S T _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, C

Good luck!

And here's the plushie for our birthday girl. *awards Jigglypuff* Happy birthday, Christen! ^_^

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:18 PM

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:22 PM
Survey says... no.

_ _ S T _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, C, E

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:24 PM

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:30 PM
Survey says... aw, that's your third strike! The other team has a chance to steal it...

_ _ S T _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, C, E, A

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:31 PM
Is it Dustox?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:32 PM
There you go! The Dustox is yours, Inferno. Nice process of elimination!

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 03:36 PM
This is my second Dustox.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (10 Letters)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 04:08 PM
Let's start with an R.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 04:23 PM
There is an R in this puzzle. Two in fact.

Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ R _ _ _ _ _ R (10 Letters)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 04:45 PM
Ah, is this a Charmander?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 04:46 PM
With only two letters in this puzzle, you can guess it that easily. Man, mr_pikachu, you are good. Here is your plushie, one of the original starters ... CHARMANDER.

And I would like an S in advance.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 04:51 PM
Ah, thank you, Inferno! That's my second Charmander, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 04:53 PM

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 04:54 PM
Do you have double vision?

S _ E _ _ _ _ E (8)

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:01 PM
Is there an P in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:02 PM
Looks like a slight error in judgment.

S _ E _ _ _ _ E (8)

Incorrect Guesses: P

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:05 PM
Is it Smeargle?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:05 PM
Indeed it is! The painter Pokemon is yours, Inferno. Nice play!

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the plushie.

Here is the puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6 Letters)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:13 PM
Let's start with another R.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:14 PM
Unlike the last time, there are no Rs in this puzzle. Seems like your luck is being to fade.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: R

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:18 PM
Who needs luck when you've got skill?

Let's go for an L this time.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:19 PM
Well, your luck might have run out, but your skill hasn't.

_ L _ _ _ _ (6 Letters)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:24 PM
Let's flip a coin to see if at least one F is present.

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:30 PM
Your coin lands head and a F is revealed in the puzzle.

F L _ _ _ _ (6 Letters)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:33 PM
Ah, is this a Flygon?

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:34 PM
You must be right. Here is your Flygon Plushie. And I would like an S in advance.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks, T-Tar Master! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:41 PM

(Also, have you noticed that we are the only ones that play this game most of the time? Sure, Lady Vulpix and the others do show up but it is usually a back to back post between you and me.)

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:43 PM
Well, sometimes it's us, sometimes it's Louis, sometimes it's Christen, and sometimes it's someone else entirely. I can't say I've noticed too much of a pattern with who's playing, though two people do end up posting back-to-back on occasion.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, E

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:49 PM
Is there a T in puzzle?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:51 PM
Right down the pike!

_ _ _ T _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, E

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 05:56 PM
Is it Dratini?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 05:59 PM
Sorry, but no.

_ _ _ T _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, E, Dratini

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 06:06 PM
I am going to give one more pokemon guess and then wait for somebody to guess a letter into the puzzle.

Is it Noctowl?

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 06:07 PM
And thus, the waiting begins...

_ _ _ T _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, E, Dratini, Noctowl
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 3

darktyranitar
20th February 2007, 06:19 PM
Gonna take a risk and go for a Huntail.

Hinoryu
20th February 2007, 06:33 PM
I'd like an N, please. If darktyranitar got it, then in advance, I guess.

Shadow Wolf
20th February 2007, 08:50 PM
OK, I'm going to analyze of the situation.

If both guesses are wrong, the puzzle is lost.

If the pokemon guess is wrong, but the letter guess is right, then my guess will help too.

And if the pokemon guess is correct, then I want my guess in advance.

My guess is the letter L

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 09:23 PM
Risky moves...

L _ N T _ _ N (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, E, Dratini, Noctowl, Huntail
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 1

Shadow Wolf
20th February 2007, 09:25 PM
..and the puzzle is over...

...'cause I'm sure that this one is a Lanturn

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the puzzle's over... because you misspelled your guess. The Pokemon was actually a Lantern.

...Just kidding. You win a Lanturn plushie, Louis!

(So, did I give you a heart attack?)

Inferno_Dragon
20th February 2007, 09:34 PM

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 04:35 AM
Ah, thanks for the plushie mr_pikachu.

Sorry, but the joke wasn't successful, 'cause when you go to the topics while being a guest, the last post always appears first; since Inferno's post was the last one, I read yours from last words to first words(the first thing that I read was the question of the heart attack)

Anyway, here's the next puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: S

Lady Vulpix
21st February 2007, 06:46 AM
Is there an L?

mr_pikachu
21st February 2007, 12:16 PM
Ehh, I tried. And speaking of which, let's try an R.

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 02:40 PM
Efforts can bring results...sometimes.

R _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: S,L

DarkEntei
21st February 2007, 03:34 PM
Raichu ?

Blademaster
21st February 2007, 04:25 PM
Ooh, ooh! Could this be the legendary Raikou?!

mr_pikachu
21st February 2007, 05:51 PM
It could also be a Regice.

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 08:33 PM
Not even legendaries can save this one.

R _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: S,L,Raichu,Raikou,Regice

Remaining: 1!!!!!

(DANGER!!!)

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 08:34 PM
Is it Rhydon?

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 08:38 PM
(Whew), that was a close one. Anyway, congratulations Inferno, you were the man's last hope, and you succeeded.

*hands over the Rhydon plushie*

OK, R in advance please

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 08:41 PM
Process of elimination ... Rhydon was the only six letter word that would fit.

Here is the puzzle;

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 08:44 PM
I'll try an O this time.

darktyranitar
21st February 2007, 08:49 PM
I'll go for a T.

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 08:50 PM
Sorry No Os in this puzzle.

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 08:51 PM
OK, then, with dt's guess, I'll add an U

darktyranitar
21st February 2007, 08:54 PM
How about my T? *points up*

mr_pikachu
21st February 2007, 09:07 PM
Is this Pokemon a Wurmple?

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry, didn't see your T guess.

_ U R _ _ _ T (7 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: O, Wurmple

mr_pikachu
21st February 2007, 09:12 PM
Ah, is this a Surskit?

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 09:15 PM
Yes, it is.

Shadow Wolf
21st February 2007, 09:16 PM
R in advance please

mr_pikachu
21st February 2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks, Inferno! That's my second Surskit, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ (4)

Good luck!

DarkEntei
21st February 2007, 09:39 PM
Gimme an X?

Inferno_Dragon
21st February 2007, 10:34 PM

mr_pikachu
22nd February 2007, 02:01 AM
I don't think I've ever seen that guess work. At least, not this early in the puzzle.

X _ _ _ (4)

Incorrect Guesses: R, N

Shadow Wolf
22nd February 2007, 04:03 AM
Hmm, if I'm lucky, this one could be a Xatu

mr_pikachu
22nd February 2007, 04:24 AM
Lucky? What do you mean, "lucky"? There is no other Pokemon that begins with an X!

You've earned yourself a Xatu, Louis! Nice play.

DarkEntei
22nd February 2007, 10:26 AM
I don't think I've ever seen that guess work. At least, not this early in the puzzle.

All the four-letter names have either an N or an X, and I figured X would make it an easier decision. :D

Reserve me a T?

Blademaster
22nd February 2007, 05:01 PM
All the four-letter names have either an N or an X

Except Seel, that is. :sweat2:

Number1ChanseyFan
22nd February 2007, 05:23 PM
S in advance please!!

Shadow Wolf
22nd February 2007, 06:15 PM
All the four-letter names have either an N or an X, and I figured X would make it an easier decision. :D

Also, Ho-oh and Abra doesn't have those letters. ^_^;

Anyway, thanks mr_pikachu, This is new plushie for the collection.

OK, here's the next one:

_ _ _ _ _( 5 )

Incorrect: T,S

Inferno_Dragon
22nd February 2007, 07:54 PM

Hinoryu
22nd February 2007, 10:17 PM
R, please.

DarkEntei
22nd February 2007, 11:38 PM

Aha! I R DUM! I figured I glossed over at least one, lol. I didn't count Ho-oh, though, because I considered the hyphen a character. :B

Shadow Wolf
23rd February 2007, 04:10 AM
Sorry, nothing worked this round.

_ _ _ _ _( 5 )

Incorrect: T,S,N,R

mr_pikachu
23rd February 2007, 04:18 AM
Hrm. Is there an M here?

Shadow Wolf
23rd February 2007, 04:20 AM
There could be one, but not in here.

_ _ _ _ _( 5 )

Incorrect: T,S,N,R,M

Remaining: 4

Lady Vulpix
23rd February 2007, 04:31 AM
One out of 3. Is it Pichu?

Shadow Wolf
23rd February 2007, 04:34 AM
Wow, now that was a lucky shot. Congratulations Lady Vulpix, here's your adorable Pichu.

*hands over the plushie*

S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
23rd February 2007, 04:37 AM
Wow! Nice one, Gabi! I'll take an R in advance, please.

(And for the record, I would've tried Lugia there. Ehehe. :sweat2: )

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 07:46 AM
Oh, but then you wouldn't have got the plushie. :P

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S, R.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H2.txt

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 08:19 AM
Precisely; hence my sweatdrop. Gunning for legendaries isn't always an effective tactic...

Is there a P here?

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 08:37 AM
_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S, R, P.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H3.txt

mr_pikachu
24th February 2007, 08:42 AM
...The odds of an L being here are slightly better than 50%...

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 08:50 AM
Sorry.
_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S, R, P, L.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H4.txt

DarkEntei
24th February 2007, 11:06 AM
Is there an E?

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 11:32 AM
Sorry, but that is your first guess for this word. You must guess a consonant.

Inferno_Dragon
24th February 2007, 11:58 AM

DarkEntei
24th February 2007, 12:54 PM
Uh.. W, then.

Lady Vulpix
24th February 2007, 01:04 PM
_ _ _ _ N _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S, R, P, L, W.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H5.txt

Inferno_Dragon
24th February 2007, 01:12 PM

Hinoryu
24th February 2007, 01:30 PM
How about a T?

Number1ChanseyFan
24th February 2007, 10:23 PM
Is this Pokemon Kakuna?

Lady Vulpix
25th February 2007, 09:52 AM
_ _ _ _ N _ (6)
Wrong guesses: S, R, P, L, W, A, T, Kakuna.

9 wrong guesses! Poor man. he was hanged! :(

The pokemon was Cubone.

http://www.geocities.com/gsteren/H9.txt

Number1ChanseyFan
25th February 2007, 02:31 PM
Uh-oh, and my guess was the one that killed him!! :(

I don't know if this makes up for hanging the man or not, but here is the next puzzle!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses:

Guesses Remaining: 9.

Lady Vulpix
25th February 2007, 03:01 PM
Is there an N?