PDA

View Full Version : ~*~*~ Chronicles Of The Rift 2 Talk Back ~*~*~

Roy Karrde
18th February 2007, 12:58 AM
Chronicles Of The Rift 2

Since it seems to be all the rage, and to help communicate ideas so that there is no miscommunication * Cough Dana's Pregnauncy Cough * I figured I would create a Talk Back lounge. That way we could discuss everything from character's to Town Names. Also if anyone wants to join in or wants to be caught up.

Anyway hope this works out!

Oh yeah I would also love ideas for Towns and Town names, since the last two I kind of umm.... made up. ^^

Roy Karrde
21st March 2007, 10:56 PM
Bringing this back for the Increasing need of communication as we add more members and stuff! Also Yi did a beautiful drawing of the crew * Runs away from Yi *

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st March 2007, 11:09 PM
*hurls umbrella at Roy* THAT PICTURE IS NOT BEING SHOWN TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO EXPLICIT SNARKING!!!

Roy Karrde
21st March 2007, 11:13 PM
Then I shouldn't have shown it to all those people.....

Edit: Also for others not in the RPG they can come in and comment on it if they want.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
21st March 2007, 11:16 PM
*cue amusing, or not so amusing sequence of events if you were me in which I get burned at stake*
*ghost haunts topic*
...I'm NEVER putting anything on Photobucket EVER AGAIN.

Haruko
22nd March 2007, 01:31 PM
Hehehe, lol.

If anyone needs to contact me for something, either it be about my characters, or w/e, feel free to message me @ PoLKouji kun(It's an old name! I'll change it soon..) for aim, z3phyri@hotmail.com for MSN.

Ehhh, I don't know what else to say. Ryan told me to post though.>.>;

Roy Karrde
22nd March 2007, 10:33 PM
Hey guys I was thinking our group could have a friendly Caligrey race to the Forest of Spirits which will lead us to the next Village. If you guys want to do it, then each character will recieve a PM in which during the race they will have to make a choice to either Help Another Character or Help a Person being attacked * It would be a quick battle *, or something like that. Choosing to do so will slow you down, but you could get rewarded with something later on in the race. Choosing not to and something bad may happen to you accidently, or nothing could happen and you will be ahead of everyone else. What do you think?

darktyranitar
22nd March 2007, 10:47 PM
Sure, a little side-game wouldn't hurt, right? I say let's do it!

Haruko
22nd March 2007, 10:52 PM
I don't mind it, but I'm, personally, not one to take part of competitive sports. If it's alright to either have Ovan/Danielle sit out and/or judge, I'd like that.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd March 2007, 10:53 PM
Zombie-chan will be support for any one single character for the simple reason that she doesn't need to ride Caligreys :3 so she'll be hopping all the way to wherever we are going, yes :33

Bulbasaur4
22nd March 2007, 10:54 PM
I don' tmind either... but Moswen and Knes would need to ride with others. Knes simply would be too weak to ride by himself (lack of arm use) and Moswen... hates... Caligrey riding...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
22nd March 2007, 10:58 PM
LOL Kalah if you want Zombie-chan can piggyback either one of those xD;; only it will be a very... bumpy ride, mind you.

Bulbasaur4
23rd March 2007, 12:08 AM
lol! You should take Knes! xD Mr. "I can't use my arms right now"

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2007, 12:20 AM
NO * Grabs Knes and cuddles * NO ONE WILL TAKE MY....Er. ADALIA'S KNES!

darktyranitar
23rd March 2007, 05:01 AM
Just would like to note that Yi's char is probably the most misunderstood.

...and lately, have any of you been nagged (or suggested, whatever) to post by Roy? :)

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
23rd March 2007, 06:02 AM
Hmm I've been nagged by Roy-boy many times before but not lately since I've not been in an RPG with him for a while. ahahahahaha ^^;;
Good point of Faiz/dt, and it IS mainly my fault for not explaining properly :x - here follows The Guide To RPing Crazy Zombies. (probably incomplete)

1. The zombie's personality is always there, even when Saifa or Okiku are in control of the zombie's body - it's something like your 'selves' and your RP characters in the same body.
2. At night Saifa and Okiku go off to have their fun little plate-smashing gig - so it will generally be only the zombie that you will be talking to when it gets dark.
3. The zombie's personality is sometimes hyper (as portrayed so far by everyone) but not always - it knows its place, and when to be hyperly insane and when not to. Ex. the zombie didn't bother to scare Moswen since it knew that Moswen/Kalah wouldn't be the type to get scared; I made the zombie freak out PJBW/Ban because he offered himself up for it in his leadup (thanks muchly xDD) Generally it's a very kind and obliging zombie, except that it tends to snark more than it should, and can be somewhat sadistic at the wrong times.
4. Saifa is a bitch.
5. Okiku is your most obedient servant.
6. The zombie hops like those Chinese vampires when it is in control. Otherwise Saifa and Okiku, not being possessed of a twisted sense of humour, walk, like normal people.
7. The zombie doesn't need to ride Caligreys since it can literally hop all the way to the next town if it wants to, and is able to keep up even if the group is moving at high speeds and long distances by increasing the distance covered in each hop; it can also jump a la Naruto-shinobi style.
8. Doesn't need to eat; it 'eats' incense smoke and offerings conveyed via incense.
9. The zombie doesn't need to be healed - limbs and wounds can be reattached/sewn up with needle and thread.

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2007, 05:42 PM
Okay guys I am about to post, I need to know who is riding with who, who is riding alone, and who is staying out of the race.

Haruko
23rd March 2007, 05:44 PM
Stella doesn't know how to ride, so she might be racing, or might not. So is Ovan, for anxiety reasons~.

Prof. Jb Wolf
23rd March 2007, 05:45 PM
Ban's participating and Moswen by association since Kalah-dono asked to ride with him.

darktyranitar
23rd March 2007, 09:05 PM
Marion might or might not be racing. Leaning more towards riding.

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2007, 11:08 PM
And the first round of PMs have been sent out, here are the Current Rankings. If McNinja or Kalad want to join, just tell me and I will fit you into Round 1!

In the lead: Stella
Second Place: Ban/Moswen
Fell off her Caligrey a mile back: Adalia
Being attacked by a Fearl, two miles back: Marion.

Bulbasaur4
23rd March 2007, 11:30 PM
And Dimitri fell off the face of the earth. Sad.

BRYAN SAYS: But then he landed at the finish line as the earth looped around.

(Bryan is at my house this weekend. SQUEE!)

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2007, 11:37 PM
So Kalah does Bryan want to race?

Roy Karrde
23rd March 2007, 11:40 PM
Updated Standings

In the lead: Ban/Moswen
Decision: Dimitri
Fell back to help: Stella
Being attacked by a Fearl, two miles back: Marion

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
24th March 2007, 07:50 AM
So... am I right in assuming that Messrs. Ovan Reallydanielle and Knes Owmyarmshurt, along with their faithful steed Zombiechan Possiblycriminallyinsane are gonna be the judges of the race? :x if yes my next post will make them get to the Forest of Spirits (you may want to give this a cooler name...) quicker than everyone that's riding Caligreys to lie in wait and freak out the winners by staging an Ouendan parody since there's three of us and all.

Roy Karrde
24th March 2007, 12:03 PM
Yes they are, they are also going to help those that get in too much trouble and get no assistance.

Bulbasaur4
25th March 2007, 02:20 AM
Okay... ummm.... yeah, I said this before but I guess you didn't recognize it.

Dimitri is racing, he would anyway.

Moswen would have gone off and helped Marion the moment she sensed she was being attack by a fearl. It also might be helpful to keep in mind that Knes can sense when any Fearl is around. Being that Moswen WAS closer to Marion... back when we were asked what we would do before >.<; She'd be back helping her.

But yeaaah...

But if that inhibits previously and already-made plans then... I guess she'd just keep riding with Ban.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
25th March 2007, 08:07 AM
Hm. To make things easier, current agenda for those going by zombie hop, first-class:

1. We are so going to reach the haunted forest place 10x faster than anyone else despite starting significantly later ^^;;; Zombies move faster than the speed of light (and any silly Fearls that may try to stop us will get a footful of road dirt in the face). Trust me. Witness the power of my asterisks.
2. I dunno if Roy-boy wants me to help anyone but yes that is an option :x
3. I am probably hanging back to post proper until ALL of you have done with the race. There may or may not be drabblepost before that set pre-race in which there is conversation with Ovan and Knes.
4. For whatever reason... race winner gets a prize from Zombie-chan upon arriving at the forest. This may or may not be a good thing.

Kalah and PolHaruko, feel free to change/amend this schedule. :x;;

Roy Karrde
25th March 2007, 01:04 PM
Okay Kalah I will have Moswen go back, but I'm going to add in a extra Fearl to make it fair.

In a Tie : Ban
In a Tie: Dimitri
Fell back to help: Stella
Fell back to help: Moswen
Being attacked by two Fearls, two miles back: Marion

Alright guys lets get some posting done so we can get to Round 2

Prof. Jb Wolf
26th March 2007, 01:33 PM
Just posting to say my home connection is down for now and may be for some time. Right now I'm relegated to using the computers at school and we're timed, I'll try and post as soon as I get my connection back.

Roy Karrde
28th March 2007, 08:10 PM
Hey Guys with things slowing do you guys just want to finish out the three rounds in here and start the Forest? I don't mind if we continue to RP it but activity in the RPG really has slowed.

Haruko
31st March 2007, 03:50 PM
I'm on quickly to say this:

Sorry for not posting recently, things at home have been keeping me busy; along with writers block. Farking writers block..

Either way, I'll try to squeeze a post in tomorrow, monday at latest. I'm busy atm though, and poor lappy is getting all dusty.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
1st April 2007, 01:06 PM
*splutters* For whatever reason, I couldn't stop laughing at dt's latest post. I may be turning into Zombie-chan here... deary deary me.
*mind tiptoes back to post*
....BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! BAN- MARION- RAPETHINGERTHING- BIG SWORD- HAHAHAHHAHA!!!
*is summarily chopped into a million mincy bits by PJBW*
I am. Inept. *mincy bits mince about on the floor, eh, mincily*

Bulbasaur4
12th April 2007, 02:04 PM
So... I think we need a soundtrack to form for CotR2!! *huggles KNes and Moswen*

Then if the RPG finishes and if anyone is interested, we can make a CD and send it to everyone! I think that would be cool! I have a program so I can make cute little CD covers for both the CD and the case it would come in. And *maybe* if we are so lucky, Yi could make the cover. ^_^ And if not, I'm sure I can figur esomething else out!

Anywho... so if you already have songs in mind, post them here! Post a theme song for your character (for shure) and then if you have songs in mind for certain 'moments' in the RPG then go ahead and post those too! You can also post songs to symbolize relationships between characters and everything (and of course they do not have to be lovey dovey). Pretty much anything!

^_^ There is no song limit right now, I just want to get all the songs. Of course this won't finish until the RPG is finished... but we might as well get started.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
12th April 2007, 10:45 PM
For the zombie:

The song that I'd really consider as a sort of theme for the zombie is Do As Infinity's Honjitsu wa Seiten Nari (trans. lyrics: Today is a Fine Day (http://www.globemoon.net/dai/lyrics/honjitsu-wa-seiten-nari_trans.html)), but eh. I'm more interested in what the rest of you are making for themes :x

Alternatively. Franz! :3 The boys from Glasgow and You Could Have It So Much Better (http://azlyrics.com/lyrics/franzferdinand/youcouldhaveitsomuchbetter.html)

Harharhar, CD cover? I vote we stick a great big picture of the lovely chalk figures of Dorset on We'll see about that, it'll as usual depend on my mood, whether this project will go through and how persuasive you are :O

Bulbasaur4
12th April 2007, 11:11 PM
Savin’ Me (Nickelback) – Knes Theme
Dress (Trinity Blood) - Knes Theme

Your Guardian Angel (Red Jumpsuit Apparatus) – Knes to Adalia

My Immortal (Evanescence) – Knes’ Hidden Past

It’s Not Over (Chris Daughtry) – Moswen’s Love (TO WHO!?!?!?!)

Forget It (Breaking Benjamin) – Moswen & SPOILERTHING

Bring Me To Life (Evanescence) – Moswen Theme (Maybe)

Friends in My Heart (Kingdom Hearts II) – After Final Boss Battle Song (Ending)

To Zanarkan (FFX) – Traveling Music/City

classy_cat18
12th April 2007, 11:48 PM
I know the perfect song for Kite! Through the Night (http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ostar/osttn.htm), from the Outlaw Star OST!

Then there's D-tecnoLife (http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/bleach/dtecno.htm) for those early Adalia and Loki/Knes/Kite moments.

Haruko
13th April 2007, 12:07 AM
The new OP to Bleach, "Alones" by Aqua Timez, fits Danielle quite well.Part of the lyrics are in my signature.

I need to find one for Stella, and Ovan.

Roy Karrde
13th April 2007, 12:24 AM
Hmm okay for

Adalia: I would have to go with Yellow by Coldplay, I can just see her dancing/spinning around during the whole tune.

Back Ground Music

Adalia and Knes on the Roof ~ Post 100
Reuniting the Fleet ~ Battlestar Galactica CD 2
Everything past the opening 42 Seconds is perfect for that scene

Adalia and Knes in the Jail ~ Post 71
A Good Lighter ~ Battlestar Galactica CD1
The Windpipe used in these two songs is just perfect for these two!

Gah I will try and find some Battle songs!

Bulbasaur4
13th April 2007, 01:52 AM
Battle scenes? Try the soundtrack to "300". TONS of great battle music.
Speaking of which... two songs for Moswen have that sound track. But I have to wait for the RPG to progress to some moments before I can post them. Darn.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
13th April 2007, 02:33 AM
For battle scenes you couldn't do much better than...
*brandishes Black Mages album* THIS!
To anyone not in the know: The Black Mages did the reworking of One Winged Angel (the Sephiroth fight theme) in FFVII:AC. Although that song itself is actually very good, I prefer stuff like Maybe I'm A Lion as regular battle music.
Oh and Blur's Song 2 is good too :P

darktyranitar
13th April 2007, 10:56 PM
Days Are Numbers (The Traveller): Alan Parsons Project (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=12160) ~ Marion's theme
Out Of The Silent Planet: Iron Maiden (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=17006) ~ Not sure where to put this, but this definitely fit somewhere in this RPG.
Journeyman: Iron Maiden (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858492137) ~ Another song that'd fit somewhere in this RPG.

Haruko
15th April 2007, 11:15 PM
Finally, after some Pillow-age I found some stuff.I only put some lyrics in here because Animelyrics doesn't have the songs translated, and since it was a US release CD(Penatly Life), I have the translations in front of me.

Stella-Prison-break: "Freebee Honey" by the pillows
Translated lyrics:"I see through my true character / to face myself / Such a sad face has no meaning / There must be something that / I can still do / with my feet and hands / I grip a lonesome irritation with / my fists that are throbbing / with pain now" also go well with Stella - Depression, but translated lyrics:"Reaching out to the highest class / Even if I get hurt / Maybe I'm going to be a free bee now / I am not afraid anymore" seem well for Stella -Prison-break
Stella-Depression: "Lonesome Diamond" by the pillows
That one refers to when her earrings break, anytime after that and after the whole spirits-in-the-forest deal. You'd want to start at the lyrics if you listen to it @ the post. Translated lyrics: "With an amazing speed / Everything gets dried out / You're standing alone / You're still waiting alone / It's lonesome and somehow lonesome / It's cold and I'm tired / Even in the disappearing night" go nicely, I thinks.

Geez, Ovan is being a pain. I'll get back to him later.

darktyranitar
29th April 2007, 08:01 AM
You know what, let's swap the two Iron Maiden song with some other Iron Maiden song:

Gates of Tomorrow: Iron Maiden (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858492132)
Wasted Years: Iron Maiden (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=16943)

Eh... I'd put something more... but I don't have any idea atm.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th April 2007, 09:53 AM
Song for the hike up the mountain:
(obviously)
Radiohead - Idioteque
with "Who's in a bunker?" specifically for Moswen's coffin. :x

Roy Karrde
29th April 2007, 12:12 PM
Hey Guys, looking great with the songs and all, we need to get tickets for the Opera so that we can go in and get the Crystal. Anyone want to volunteer to either swipe or buy a set of tickets?

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
29th April 2007, 11:29 PM
*grins* *blabs* PJBW said he had an idea~ :p

Haruko
1st May 2007, 05:52 PM
I'd really love to say this song fits him..

Ovan - Reckless: "Believer" by IKUO

I need to find translated lyrics to this song though, but I can type a post to him anytime whenever I listen to it.

Roy Karrde
1st May 2007, 05:54 PM
Oh yeah for everyone, the big doggie can split apart. Also since the last two were Fire and Wind, this one will be Ice as you probably know. One head does a Ice Beam like attack, Second releases a Cold Artic Wind, Third Spits out Ice Cicles that are razor sharp.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
4th May 2007, 11:05 AM
So middle head does the arctic wind and the ones on the sides do Ice Beam and icicles, can I run with that? Also zombie is entering the opera house through backstage. She has... methods. (if Roy allows)
Oh and since I'm only about 1/3 into my post and half-asleep as I type this, if PJBW posts before me he can do the catapulty/Miroku=bat and zombie=baseball thing before the zombie ties the side heads' mouths shut with her sleeves (obviously a temporary effect but at least she can presumably hold them closed long enough for people to smack them around a bit).

Dr.McNinja
8th May 2007, 12:34 PM
Here's an AMV I made for CotR. Hope you all like it. Watch the credits first if you want to know who everyone is...or not.

Sorry Prof, you have a hammer not a Miroku...the character I used was good for Ban so I ran with it.

And a sorry to poor Danarica who both has her name spelled wrong in the credits and only gets second of screen time due to being the only blood-haired character I could find.

Credits: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqzBx-hpI3E

AMV: http://youtube.com/watch?v=qkWfegzyxxA

Hope you like it.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
8th May 2007, 09:56 PM
It's great that you took the time to make an AMV for CotR :3 mind you I was laughing at the thought of Ban going round with his hammer and doing whack-a-mole at the beasties..

Since you're doing D.Gray-man, though, I thought Road Kamelot (http://img04.21cn.com/2006/09/04/438508605.gif) was actually a better choice for zombie-chan despite the spiky hair DD: but depression-era Miranda works too I guess :x

EngiMatikul
8th May 2007, 10:11 PM
Hmm... the AMV isn't loading for me :x

Not that it matters too much since I'm not even in the RPG yet so no way I'd get a cameo XD

Random comment: I am sad to say that McNinja, your evil giant clown form guy has a very similar personality to how I wanted my char to be. :( Except my char wasn't evil... but regardless :p JUST SAYING THAT SO MY CHAR DOESN'T SEEM LIKE A RIPOFF OF SOMEONE ALREADY IN THE RPG D:

Bulbasaur4
8th May 2007, 11:42 PM
Actually Yi-wen, he had to use only the anime that he had. ^_^;; So that was the best thing he could find. You guys might notice that Buso Renkin, .hack/roots, D. Gray man and a few other animes were used for the AMV.

^_^ I love it that Knes could be portrayed as Allen Walker AND Haseo! XD

Dr.McNinja
8th May 2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, you're probably right Chiko-sai, she does look like she might have worked better.

Haruko
9th May 2007, 12:06 AM
I laughed hilarously, I got the Knes/Haseo + Adalia/Shino reference. =D <3 .hack//Roots(and G.U.~!)

AMV isn't loading, the credits did though..ugh

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
9th May 2007, 12:14 AM
@ Kalah-senpai: Road Kamelot is indeed from D.Gray-man :3 although Bryan may not have had the episodes with her footage in it so I apologize if I was sounding picky.

darktyranitar
9th May 2007, 03:35 AM
The AMV isn't loading for me too. Perhaps you can go and upload another video, Bryan?

Bulbasaur4
9th May 2007, 08:31 AM
@ Kalah-senpai: Road Kamelot is indeed from D.Gray-man :3 although Bryan may not have had the episodes with her footage in it so I apologize if I was sounding picky.

Then I blame myself! xD I originally thought of mentioning her to be Zombie-chan too... but then I just didn't say anything. :< Anyways, my favorite part of the video is the whole Ninetails swirl and then Knes/Allen + Ban (ferget his name!)'s expressions! XD

Prof. Jb Wolf
9th May 2007, 11:51 AM
FEAR ME AND MY GIANT SWOR-I mean HAMMER OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Nicely done there sah!

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
10th May 2007, 02:16 AM
3koma strip parodying the 'one true fear' arc in the ghost forest (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/starstray/cotr3koma.jpg)
Apologies to: Roy (maybe), Kalah-senpai (but I think you'll laugh at this one anyway)
Original idea: Box
Original victim: PJBW
Disclaimer: Remember, I'm *not* actually implying anything here. Reeeeeeeeaaaaally.

I made another 4koma comic, but I'm not putting it up here because despite all appearances I don't have a death wish. :p

darktyranitar
10th May 2007, 05:58 AM
Erm. What's this ways of the drill? *has the slightest idea*

Roy Karrde
10th May 2007, 09:56 AM
XDDDD Knes wanting to learn about the Big Tonka? XDD

EngiMatikul
10th May 2007, 11:50 AM
Erm. What's this ways of the drill? *has the slightest idea*

http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/images/6/6b/Wong01.jpg

Not ChikoSai's comic and has very little relation, but it should get the idea across.

Bulbasaur4
10th May 2007, 01:13 PM
And I don't think getting 'taken' by BAn would be a bad thing, ne? XD

Oh Crap Sorry Kalah, I hit Edit instead of quote, I am so sorry.

Roy Karrde
10th May 2007, 05:10 PM
And I don't think getting 'taken' by BAn would be a bad thing, ne? XD

Nuuu Knes is supposed to take Adalia's flower, not get his flower taken by Ban! This means only one thing. Big Hammer Man versus Loli fight!

Dr.McNinja
12th May 2007, 12:17 PM
Nuuu Knes is supposed to take Adalia's flower, not get his flower taken by Ban! This means only one thing. Big Hammer Man versus Loli fight!

ewwww....

Roy Karrde
16th May 2007, 01:50 AM
I edited my post for the Naga. The Garuda's I believe they are called are large strapping men with brown feathered wings on their back, and a feathery chest. They are the Naga's natural enemy, and are there to make sure she doesn't get out and start building a army.

Roy Karrde
18th May 2007, 09:51 PM
I'm doing weapons this weekend, first up is

Kite's Halberd.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/KitesPole1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/Pike3.jpg

Over 6 feet in Length

Ovan's Valkyrie

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/Valk.jpg

Over 3 Feet in Length

Ban's Miroku

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/Miroku.jpg

Next Up
Dimitri's Card Deck
Knes' Wings
Adalia's Staff

Please add in any other suggestions or comments!

Haruko
21st May 2007, 09:12 PM
Nice work!

Figured out one last Theme song, after seeing the PV

Danielle and Valkyrie: abingdon boys school - "HOWLING"
It's hard to explain why this explains the 2, I guess how much Danielle wants out and I just love the song.

darktyranitar
25th May 2007, 11:15 PM
Soundtrack, soundtrack!

Angel - Massive Attack (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=7268) I was thinking of this song while reading about the Naga.

Fix You - Coldplay (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=3530822107858543356) Song for those broken hearts.

Roy Karrde
20th June 2007, 10:53 PM
Edited my post with something for almost everyone! Hope you guys enjoy, its the post right before Pokemon Luver's great post ^^

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
24th June 2007, 12:26 AM
Faiz.. dude... are you celebrating Hari Raya early or something.. I read "bamboo cannon" and the first thing I thought was WTF LEMANG LOL

darktyranitar
26th June 2007, 08:59 AM
I am haunted by some old japanese army ghost.

BE GONE!

Yeah, it's gone now... I think. Er... no, Hari Raya won't be until... september, I think.

I've seen kids with their heads badly blasted by the meriam buluh. Nasty, that.

Roy Karrde
27th June 2007, 09:20 PM
Huh? * Shakes head * anyway, posted for Vel and the Naga, with a surprise ending for the Naga!

darktyranitar
7th July 2007, 02:38 AM
Behold. The so-called 'bamboo cannon'

(I am in no way involved in the video, btw)

EDIT: Use Quicktime to open it.

Roy Karrde
18th July 2007, 08:10 PM
C'mon guys! We're almost at the end! By the way in two weeks or so I will hopefully get the Storyboard up for the Forest scene I am doing in school. It wont be as beautifully drawn as Yi's drawings but I hope it is good. Oh yeah and once we reach the God Battle, I will start creating the CD and preparing to send it out to everyone!

Bulbasaur4
18th July 2007, 08:50 PM
I thought I was going to make the CD? *confused confused*

Roy Karrde
18th July 2007, 08:53 PM
Oh...yeah sorry you can make the CD, it was so long ago I got confused! I'll send you the Final Audio of the scene I am doing for class if you want to put it in on it as like a Hidden Track or something.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
20th July 2007, 08:32 AM
Osu. If you want to put additional artwork or whatever IM me or somet and I'll draw it if the terms are agreeable/if I feel like it.

darktyranitar
24th July 2007, 05:54 AM
Just wondering about the track list. Are all the track list to be put into the CD? Because you can see that in some post (Kalah's and Yi's, to be exact) saying about getting songs from soundtrack, but not stating which one. So yeah, just wondering. And is there going to be any bonus addition into the CD?

Oh yes. Yi should draw for the CD artwork or something *nods*

Roy Karrde
25th July 2007, 06:43 PM
Alright guys Kalah has backed out due to a internal dispute, I wont bring it up, but I guess I will handle the CD Now. I do have her original post, and I will post the Moswen and Knes part here becuase it is still considered Cannon. And it is just a great post and deserves to be read. Well after two edits, Kalah is being childish again so I will PM it to all the members.

Dr.McNinja
25th July 2007, 06:56 PM
I hope you realize that if she truly doesn't want you to use it that you are breaking copyright law.

Copied from: http://www.writerswrite.com/journal/sept97/cew2.htm

The original author of a work owns the copyright to that work, unless he or she has assigned those rights to a third party. Copyright protection arises automatically, without any action taken by the author, the moment the work is fixed in a tangible form so that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device

If nothing else, a writer's right to their work is not something that should be being betrayed.

Roy Karrde
25th July 2007, 07:01 PM
She also said that if people want to see the post that they could just PM her. I am not claiming the work as my own, and I am not changing any part of it, nor am I selling it for profit. The post deals with a major part of the RPG that everyone has been waiting on.

Anyway she is no longer a part of this RPG, so lets move on. The dispute is internal and I do not want to talk about it out in the public any further.

Dr.McNinja
25th July 2007, 07:08 PM
It doesn't matter what you're using it for. If she doesn't want you to you have no rights in any form to use it. If she wants to give it out, that's her right and no one elses. You can justify it all you want, it's still wrong.

Either way, I'm not really interested in taking part in this anymore either. Enjoy the remainder.

Bulbasaur4
25th July 2007, 07:56 PM
Edit: Kalah you are no longer part of this RPG or Talk back I would like you to reframe from posting in it.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
26th July 2007, 11:17 PM
Posting to say I am withdrawing from all formal posts as the zombie till further notice. I do not mind undertaking general post-writing duties but I just feel that to continue writing the zombie is obsolete since she is not needed to further the plot of the RPG in any way.

...Also, now that I have taught you all to learn how to crack tonker jokes my work here is done :3

Roy Karrde
26th July 2007, 11:25 PM
Noooo Chiko! Also guys Bulba and I worked out our problems, and umm handshook and made up so Bulba and Bryan are back.

Roy Karrde
29th July 2007, 09:14 PM
Since people think that only Kalah and I are really doing things in the RPG, I am going to have Adalia not participate in the final battle. She will go after Knes, and the final battle will be determined by Kite and the rest. The only difference will be small events that happen like the Evil God deciding to do a suicide run when he is about to die, and the such. I figure you guys would enjoy it more to let your imagination run wild on how powerful this god can be and what kind of attacks he will create. So I hope that helps!

Bulbasaur4
31st July 2007, 10:24 PM
I'll post... maybe... some time.. depends...

my mind is elsewhere.

Roy Karrde
31st July 2007, 10:25 PM
Is it alright Kalah if I go on and post and have the battles start?

Roy Karrde
3rd August 2007, 03:04 PM
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/Roykarrde/?action=view&current=Adalia.jpg

This is the beginning of my final project in Art, it's what Adalia would look like if she were human. I would love to get the opinions of the artists here. Mind you this is still concept art for the larger drawing.

darktyranitar
15th August 2007, 04:41 AM
"... We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender ..."
-Churchill’s Speech

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
16th August 2007, 01:32 AM
As I remember, another famous quote by Churchill : "You say that I am ignoring the time-honored traditions of the Royal Navy? And what might they be? I shall tell you in three words. Rum, buggery, and the lash! Good morning sirs."

Totally irrelevant.. but.... bwahahahaha

darktyranitar
16th August 2007, 08:17 PM
I looked it up, and found another simillar quote:
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash."

But knowing those wonderful Britons, I think yours is much more accurate :)

Oh, the heck. Two more quotes (from Winston Churchill; oh, the surprise :P)

"Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed."

And,

"A joke is a very serious thing."

...and to shut myself up:

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations. "

:x

darktyranitar
19th September 2007, 10:29 PM

Oh, it's finished. Yay.

Anyone in favour of not posting for the ending/joining any future Rift RPG, put down your hands.

*leaves*

*suffering from a TPM withdrawal syptom*

kalad1
20th September 2007, 05:22 PM
Now that's just rude and impolite. If you wish to express your dissatisfaction, do so in a polite manner, please.

For example, you could have said,

"Ah, it's over, I must admit I am glad at this, for I was quite dissatisfied with how things went, and am unlikely to post an epilogue post, or join a sequel. Anyone who feels the same, feel free to say so as well."

See? Much more eloquent and polite.

darktyranitar
23rd September 2007, 09:29 PM
Points taken.

Bulbasaur4
25th September 2007, 05:00 PM
'tis eloquent and polite. But what if yah dun wanna be polite? Sometimes being polite takes away the points people want to be... taken. XD XD

*meanders away*

Roy Karrde
25th September 2007, 06:50 PM
Problem is Kalah is that the only point he made is that he can be petty and rude when it comes to disagreements with people. As well as trying to put a stain on the ending of this RPG. And the results of that point will only hurt his reputation.

I believe that the old saying is. If you do not have anything nice to say, DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Sad that so many people seem to forget it these days.

Either way I am going to have to close this talkback on a sad note, for one reason becuase this RPG is over, and second I would rather not turn this topic into a fight. Especially since everyone in here I considered some of my closest if not best friends.