PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Your Latest Purchase

midnightangel
20th February 2007, 12:13 PM
Some of us buy things--either for fun, like a CD to listen to, or a new video game to play. Sometimes the purchase was necessary, like new clothes, or a book for a class.
Ok....

1) When was the last time you bought something for yourself?
2) Was it for fun or was it necessary?
3) What was the item in question?

1) I bought a home computer on Monday of last week at Circuit City and had it installed this last Friday

2) I would say both--I can listen to music, watch news and videos for fun and I can also do any of my schoolwork and tests for my job, which makes the computer necessary

3) My new "baby" is a Compaq home computer with Intel Pentium D processor 820, and has DVD burner with Lightscribe technology. In addition, the hard drive has 250 GB in it and carries 1024 MB of memory.
Since the computers now carry Windows Vista, my new computer carries the Home Premium Edition in it

Mega Horny
20th February 2007, 01:20 PM

1) Just about two weeks ago I bought Pokemon Emerald Version. Technically, my parents got it for me for my birthday, but I gave them the money to spend on it.
2)Completely necessary.
3)Pokemon Emerald Version.

mr_pikachu
20th February 2007, 03:18 PM
This last Saturday. So, three days ago.

I cannot survive without a steady supply of this item.

A couple of packs of Pokemon cards.

Incidentally, my car has something like an ounce of gas left, and I'm totally out of food in my room. But alas, I had to abide by the greater priority. Pokemon cards come first.

SupremeChampion
21st February 2007, 07:57 PM

1.) umm, around christmas time, i don't remember when exactly
2.) haha well it was fun, because what i bought was awesome. it was unnecessary though because my girlfriend bought me the same thing for christmas (so i sold what i bought to my sister and accepted my girlfriends present lol)
3.) legend of zelda: twilight princess... i bought it for GC, and my girlfriend bought it for Wii, so i kept the Wii version and i sold my sister the GC version lol

~The Italian Stallion

Fett One
22nd February 2007, 07:32 PM
Last week

For fun

I brought all 3 seasons of Titus. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet because I'm still in the process of watching Batman: The Animated Season, which I brought a few weeks ago.

EasterBunny
2nd March 2007, 10:35 AM
1) about two days ago
2) necessary
3) gas for my car:-(

Master Chief
2nd March 2007, 10:57 AM
1) A few days after New Year's
2) FUN!! (obviously)
3) Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

hell, i wanted a Wii with LoZTT, but my folks couldn't afford it, so i decided to go with the GC version.

Little_Pikachu
4th March 2007, 05:30 PM
About 3 hours ago

Well if I wanted to get home it was probably necessary, kind of fun to as I'd been using all my previous supplies of this having fun over the weekend.

Petrol for my car, I put £7 worth in, enough to get me home and not have my dad whinge that I never leave him any petrol!

Andrew
7th March 2007, 04:44 AM

1) 22nd of January
2) For entertainment purposes only
3) Billie Piper's AutoBiography. I feel so dirty now....

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th March 2007, 12:01 PM

1.) I suppose foodstuff doesn't count here. ;) The last time I bought something for myself was two weeks ago at the mall.

2.) It was for pure amusement.

3.) I got a video game for my Wii console, Rampage: World Tour. Quite funny when playing in multiplayer mode.

firepokemon
7th March 2007, 05:53 PM
Well this week I brought text books for university. And I have brought a few magazines. Text books are so tedious and expensive too.

Text books were necessary, I did buy one text book second hand, since I could not justify the price of one book. Its not like I cant afford to buy new or anything but I just cant justify it in my head. The magazines one was NEO an Asian type mag concentrating on anime, manga and asian film. I really like it, but they've really gotten on the World-manga, which pisses me off.

Also brought the New Zealand issue of PC World. Its ok but I don't read half of it.

Greyfox
7th March 2007, 08:35 PM
1] About a week ago.
2] Not necessarily.
3] All three seasons of Beast Wars: Transformers. The EBGames next to my job had 'em in their used DVD sections for ten dollars each, so I casually bought them while they had their Buy Two Get One free.

-Cat Bot Cannot Fly

Mirka
15th March 2007, 10:34 PM
1) Yesterday after work
2) It was quite necessary, but I could have lived without it.
3) A duvet cover, my previous one was ripped to shreds.

Drago
21st March 2007, 02:52 AM
What up mid? *poses* ...TPM posing is so 2002...

Two nights ago.
For fun.
Carlton Draught.

Iffin that doesn't count, nearest I can remember was a new pair of thongs a month ago because the first pair I bought didn't fit. Ruddy things. I detest thongs, they're overpriced to blazes just because every git in uni decided that Havaianas are a necessity.