PDA

View Full Version : The ASB Safari Zone

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Chris 2.1
27th February 2007, 04:49 PM
TMPL Pokemon Hunt

Welcome to the TMPL Village, home site to The Pokemon Masters League, where all ASB combatants make their home and set out to battle their way to the top of the championship. Like any ASB village the world over, there are ample locations for trainer to catch wild pokemon. Until previously, this facility has not been open to combatants, but due to a recent rise in activity and interest, it has now been finalized and is ready for a grand opening. Let’s see what's in store:

Rules

To enter, you need to buy Pokeballs to help you capture Pokemon.

Pokeball You can buy a Pokeball for 2 points. A Pokeball will allow you to capture any single stage or non evolving pokemon you come across, but no higher.

Great Ball You can buy a Great Ball for 3 points. A Great Ball will allow you to capture any second stage pokemon you come across, but no higher. It also captures single stage and non-evolving sooner than a Pokeball would allow.

Ultra Ball You can buy an Ultra Ball for 4 points. An Ultra Ball will allow you to capture any third stage pokemon you come across. It also captures single stage and non-evolving much sooner than a Pokeball would allow, and second stage pokemon sooner than a Great Ball would allow.

The more Pokeballs you buy, the more Pokemon from your ASB Team you can take with you, although the maximum is 3.

1 ball: allows 1 Pokemon to go with you
2 balls: 2 pokemon
3 balls: 3 Pokemon (that is the limit; you can buy more balls but no more than 3 Pokemon)

Remember, once you enter the Safari Zone (and subsequently spent your points on the Pokeballs) you need to make a bank post.

Here is how the Safari Zone will work. If you are interested, you sign up, stating how many Pokeballs you would like to buy and which Pokemon you take with you. Please provide genders and nicknames. You should also specify where you want to explore.

A ref (see below) will ‘take’ your post and write a brief ‘intro’ to your Safari Zone quest. These are not too in-depth. They detail where you are and what you can see.

Example
Rapamon2: You take your Eevee and Squirtle with you and wander along the beautiful sands of Tranquil Shores. As you go, you see a small group of Krabby, male and female, playfighting along the sand. You can see a Wingull in the sky and a Dunsparce burrowing out of the sand. What will you do?

Then, you would type your response.

“I’d like to battle one of the male Krabby.”

And as before, the Ref will write this out as if it were a Pokemon Battle in ASB. Three attacks per turn. There may be banned moves depending on the location (ie: derelict building: not advised to use earthquake) but these are at the Referees discretion.. Once the foe is at 0% HP or energy it will get too frightened and run, so you need to catch it before it hits 0%. If all of your Pokemon faint you will be taken to the exit with no refund for unused Pokeballs.

Post all of these in the Safari Zone topic. Refs can and will presumably have to juggle multiple peoples quests. Any more questions, PM a mod.

Referees

Any approved ASB Ref can sign up as a Safari Zone ref and can take on anybodies quests. Safari Zone refs will be PM’ed with a list of what Pokemon can be found in what areas and told instructions on how to ref the Zone.

Please do not hassle any Safari Refs. They may refuse to ref for you.

For every five rounds of Safari Quests reffed, a Safari Ref will get 2 points. These can not be used in conjunction with Referee Rewards but still need to be shown in the Bank when payment is received.

Referees
-DL
-Blademaster
-Mew Master
-Asilynne
-Crazy Elf Boy
-Rossymore
-Ayeun
-Oslo

Areas of Exploration

Sunshine Fields
A large plain that overlooks TPML, the grass is soft and the air tasty. A plethora of grass Pokemon are found here as they enjoy the tickling breeze and the bright sunshine. Bird and normal-types are also found here.

Crush Quarry
A dangerous quarry home to Rock and Ground types. Footing is loose, and there's always work being done. A few Fighting types and some rare Steel types also make their homes here.

Ivy Woods
A dense forest where a thick fog lingers. There are Grass and Bug types everywhere you turn. Look up and you'll find Flying types are enjoying the highest reaches of the trees.

Ivy Lake
A secluded lake in the middle of the forest, you'll find rare Dragons here, along with all the usual Water types, and maybe a few Ice Types too. Rumour has it, that there's a cave hidden underwater...

Abandoned Playhouse
This glorious playhouse was burnt down, but what remains has become a home for several Normal city pokemon, not to mention the Fire types that love the smell of charcoal.

Skinny Dip’s Pond
Fishing rods are supplied for free, so sit back and see what you can land. Water types are abundant here, but the soft land around is home to more than a few burrowing pokemon.

Grave’s Yard
A frightening place where all the worst stories originate. Home to Ghost and Dark type pokemon, you may find a rare Psychic type, but only the bravest dare tread here.

Tranquil Shores
A small cove-style beach. There are lots of ocean pokemon to be found here, as well as Fire types enjoying the sun. Some ground types can also be found.

Ffeffni Mountain
This large mountain is very cold and has biting winds nipping around. There is a layer of snow falling and many ice types can be found here. Also look for hardier bird Pokemon and a variety of tough foes.

Trolgar Mountain
A tall mountain out of the main village. Expect a variety of rock, ground and fire types to be seen among the road to the summit. Can you unlock the code to get into the Archives?

Feizhi Outpost
A thick and heavy jungle where the best of explorers will find a thousand and one bugs. That's not to mention the abundant Poison types and several Grass types too. The sun is very hot.

The Old Village
This is the old location of the village before the battling league moved the village a mile east. In this ancient test of time, among old buildings and disused shops you will find a variety of city Pokemon living in solitude. Rumor has it there are secrets underneath the village.

Wagwhomp Swamp
This hot, murky swamp is home to a manner of grumpy and surly Pokemon. These are all Pokemon from the DP Generation. This small, secluded swamp houses some rare and tropical species.

--!!!--

Shinsuke Volcano - *New*
This volcanic island - previously hidden away can now be seen from the shore. A massive pool of magma lies deep in its center, but one can walk down quite a ways and find a variety of Fire types enjoying the heated tunnels. Some hardier Flying pokemon line the edges of the Volcano as well. A tall pagoda stands on the island as well, the only man-made structure here.

Ruskie Tundra - *New*
This wide expanse of icy land extends as far as the eyes can see. Rolling snow dunes and harsh hailing conditions make it an idea place for Ice Pokemon, and only the sturdiest of winter loving beasts.

Nevshard Badlands - *New*
A terribly hot, sweltering desert with few places for shade. Illusions are commonplace here-and the scent of inevitable dehydration hangs high here. Yet Hardy Pokemon worked out a way to survive in this climate-despite the horrid lack of water.

Skyline Terrace: - *New*
A strange town, all within the treetops. Long since abandoned by humans, the MASSIVE amount of Pokemon that live here all seem a bit strange and off kilter. The completely aerial town is connected by boards, and the homes all resemble traditional Japanese style. One would think the townspeople were turned into Pokemon here!

Platrin Plateau - *New!*
This mysterious temple set high in the skies is shrouded in Mystery. How does one get here?

There are also more, hidden areas to be visited among the Safari Zone. If you explore the areas you might find clues to help you delve further into the zones to find better Pokemon and other rewards.

*cuts ribbon*

There we go!

Phoenixsong
27th February 2007, 06:13 PM
Much as I'd love to go catch something, I'm flat broke. Therefore, signing up to be le ref sounds fun. I'd only be able to handle one or two at a time, but I'm still game.

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 08:48 AM
Ok thanks PS. I'll PM you with details on how to ref etc.

I'm going to sign up. I'm buying a Great Ball and a Poke Ball (-5 points) and will take with me my Golduck, Kappaduck [M] and my Octillery, Callomuso [M]. I will be going to Ivy Lake.

The Blue Avenger
28th February 2007, 08:49 AM
Right-o, I can take ya through the rounds, Chris. However, first, I do need to know where you're going.

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 08:50 AM
Edited :). Are you signing up too? I will do yours.

Pichu Luver
28th February 2007, 08:56 AM
K I'm not signing up just yet, but I do have a question. Are you only allowed to take two Pokémon with you? It seems that way but you didn't actually say . . . Oo heh.

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 09:00 AM
From my first post:

The more Pokeballs you buy, the more Pokemon from your ASB Team you can take with you, although the maximum is 3.

1 ball: Allows 1 Pokemon to go with you
2 balls: Allows 2 pokemon to go with you
3 balls +: Allows 3 pokemon to go with you

Pichu Luver
28th February 2007, 09:03 AM
... Heh. Note to self, try to make yourselve look less dumb and reading helps. ^^'''' Thankie for entertaining my stupidity, lol. BTW I'll sign up as a Ref for you.

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks.

Vermillion
1st March 2007, 08:47 AM
Sign me up as a ref

The Blue Avenger
1st March 2007, 06:48 PM
Fufufu. I'll go to Grave's Yard with my Shiftry, Mr. Fahrenheit, and my Exeggutor, Numeron. I'm also buying a Great Ball and a Pokeball.

Chris
You make your way down to the tranquil shores of Ivy Lake. Once there, you immediately notice a Marill and a Lombre splashing water at each other. Leaving them be for the moment, you notice a rock breaking the surface of the water - a Relicanth. It gives you a stare before descending back into the water. A pair of Azurill are also scrutinizing you from behind a nearby tree. What do you do?

Phoenixsong
1st March 2007, 08:21 PM
I’ve got ye. I’m assuming your two Pokémon are male, so… yeah. Let’s Safari Zone!

Hypotenuse Man (or would you rather I called you TBA as everyone else still does?)

Grave’s Yard is a dark, dank and dismal place that is crawling with the creepiest of Pokémon; it is not a place for trainers who are faint of heart. But you… you’re braver than most. You and your two Grass-types, Mr. Fahrenheit the Shiftry and Numeron the Exeggutor, slowly pick your way through the mist and the crumbling tombstones. A sudden rustling sound catches your attention. Spinning around, you catch a glimpse of a female Sneasel darting behind a large crypt. Mr. Fahrenheit tugs at your arm; he’s just noticed a Mightyena, another female, slinking towards you with a sort of hungry curiosity. As you decide which of the two Dark-types interests you more, something taps you on the shoulder. Was it Mr. Fahrenheit? Was it Numeron? Or was it that male Haunter smirking behind you?

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball, 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

Mega Horny
1st March 2007, 09:01 PM
Sure, I'll ref for someone.

The Blue Avenger
1st March 2007, 09:54 PM
Rockin'. Thanks, Phoenixsong, and thanks, MH.

Anyway, yeah, my two Pokemon are male. And whatever you call me is cool so long as I know who you're referring to. :P

Now, I'm going to engage the Haunter in battle. First, Numeron will liberally spray some Sleep Powder at it. If it works, Numeron will proceed with a Nightmare, and, if Haunter is still asleep, Dream Eater. If Haunter wakes up, Numeron will use Sleep Powder again.

Sleep Powder ~ Nightmare/Sleep Powder ~ Dream Eater/Sleep Powder

Meanwhile, I'll tell Mr. Fahrenheit to ward off Mightyena.

Chris 2.1
2nd March 2007, 05:17 AM
I'm going to wander around the lake a little more.

Wolfsong
2nd March 2007, 11:16 AM
I am buying 2 great balls. Then i am taking my male growlithe Horatio and my male dragonite Talut with me. I will first go to Ivy Lake.

Mega Horny
2nd March 2007, 11:56 AM
I'll ref for ya, Wolfsong.

(Copied your format, Phoenix. Sorry ^-^')

Continuing your ever-thrilling Pokemon quest, you, your loyal Growlithe, and your badass Dragonite burst out of the thick forest into the sunlight, gazing upon miles of golden sand and a deep blue lake in its center. Growlithe runs off, sniffing around the beach, while Dragonite suggests a battle with a female Whiscash, which is staring dumbly at you from the water's edge. Meanwhile, you notice an Azurill beating the shit out of 2 helpless Magikarp, flopping a few feet out of reach from the water. The breeze eases your tired muscles from your long journey, and you sit down on the sand, pondering what your next move should be, running your fingers through your dishwater-blonde hair. Your eye catches a Quilfish darting around the water, a few feet in, but once it meets your gaze, it zooms under, right behind the Whiscash. There also appears to be two sparkly things in one area of the water.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 2 very great balls

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
100% Energy,
Scanning out anything that might provide a threat to its Master.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
100% Health
100% Energy
Sniffing Around.

Wolfsong
2nd March 2007, 12:28 PM
While the whiscash is tempting its not what i'm looking for. I think I'll send Talut to try and get a closer look at the sparkly things.

Chris 2.1
2nd March 2007, 01:11 PM
Uh Mega. I hadn't actually approved of you as a Safari Ref yet and you havent been sent any of the Reffing Handbook. I was reluctant to let you since we already have more refs than actual battlers and it seemed redundant. But you've started so why not.

As of now we don't need any more new refs. Mega expect Reffing information in your PM box soon.

Edit: Apparently you were sent the information by TBA. Mega, I'm sorry for jumping down your throat.

Mega Horny
2nd March 2007, 01:33 PM
Ignoring the Defensless Magikarp being pulverized into shreds, you silently motion for Dragonite to examine two sparkly objects you noticed in the water earlier. As the Dragonite cautiously floats towards the edge, you note out of the corner of your eye that the timid Quilfish has swam away again, this time farther out into the lake, still watching curiously. The Whishcash merely stares on nonchalantly, wondering what Dragonite will do next. As your Growlithe sniffs around, perhaps a bit too close to the water's edge, a Lotad waddles along and sprays it with a water gun. It spins around, growling. Meanwhile, Dragonite stops, hovering right above the two shimmering objects in the water. In a burst of sparkling water flying up into the morning sky, a Dragonair bursts out -- Now, normally such a Pokemon would flee, but, seeing one of its own species, it merely extends its snakelike body out of the water and stares on into Dragonite's eyes.

(The shimmering objects were its eyes, fyi)

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
100% Energy,
Wondering whether the Dragonair is a friend or a foe.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
95% Health
100% Energy
Staring down a Lotad.

Phoenixsong
2nd March 2007, 06:52 PM
I’ll just go with TBA, then, because it’s shorter and I’m lazy. :)

And it’s fine that you copied me, MH. I don’t care. Glad you found it useful, I guess, even though it really doesn’t matter because I’m obviously still experimenting and refining my little procedure here. It’ll probably change, but if this works for you then okies.

TBA

Enticed by the Ghost- and Poison-type hovering playfully (you hope) behind you, you order Numeron to battle it. The Haunter is a bit surprised at first, but catches on quickly and attacks.

-TBA vs. Wild Haunter, Round One-

-Stats-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
100% Health
100% Energy
Sleep Powder ~ Nightmare OR Sleep Powder ~ Dream Eater OR Sleep Powder
Feeling fine

Wild (M) Haunter
100% Health
100% Energy
? ~ ? ~ ?
Feeling fine

-Battle-

Numeron rattles his leaves vigorously, shaking a fine Sleep Powder in the Haunter’s general direction. As the tiny spores come into contact with the ghost’s gaseous form its eyelids begin to droop… it gives a half-hearted attempt at conjuring a ball of ghostly flame before giving up and falling asleep. With Haunter incapacitated, Numeron begins concentrating hard, forming an amalgam of wicked, terrifying thoughts in each of his three brains. The ball of terror is then launched at the Haunter, causing the ghost terrible Nightmares; all Haunter can do is whimper unhappily in his sleep. To finish the round off, the Exeggutor’s minds reach out for Haunter’s own; Numeron seeks and absorbs every last vestige of pleasant dreams from the wild Pokémon. After that Dream Eater Haunter has nothing but horrible nightmares in his head; he lets out a scream as the frightening visions cause him physical (metaphysical pain).

-End Battle-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
100% Health
82% Energy
Pleased

Wild (M) Haunter
68% Health
99% Energy
Asleep; terrified and wants his mummy *shot*

-End Round One-

Haunter is sleeping and whimpering as he floats in the air; Numeron smiles. The female Sneasel is nowhere to be seen, but it’s quite possible that she’s still lurking around the nearby area. Mr. Fahrenheit, meanwhile, has been told to keep the curious and slightly menacing female Mightyena at bay. The problem is, he wasn’t told how to do it. At a loss, the Shiftry jumps forward at the hyena, snarling as fiercely as he can in hopes of scaring her off. The Mightyena takes a step back in surprise, but collects herself. She’s seen Shiftry before, and this one’s not so scary. To prove to the tree-creature that she’s not afraid of him, she leaps forward and snaps at his leafy hand; Mr. Fahrenheit just barely manages to jump back in time to avoid a painful bite.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball, 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 100% Health, 100% Energy; wary of the Mightyena

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 100% Health, 82% Energy; pleased

The Blue Avenger
2nd March 2007, 08:26 PM
Let's see... I'll have Numeron use two Psychics, then I'll toss out a Great Ball. Also, I'll tell Shiftry to tell Mightyena that we mean no harm to it.

---

Chris
You keep moving on. A splash from the lake area alerts you to a Feebas feebly leaping from the water in an attempt to breach (y'know, like whales). It's majestic, in a really pitiful sort of way. A Marill (yes, another one) is watching from the shoreline. However, the Marill turns away in disgust as a Magikarp attempts the same thing, but fails miserably. You watch your step as a Poliwag skirts between your legs, running quickly away to play with a Barboach who is swimming near the shore. What do you do?

Vermillion
2nd March 2007, 11:02 PM
Need more trainers...I'm the only one not working here ^_^

Wolfsong
2nd March 2007, 11:23 PM
I'll wave at the dragonair. Not quite the dragon i was looking for and besides I already have Talut. Meanwhile, I'll have Horatio roar and hopefully have the lotad run off. Then, I will continue to move forwards while lookiing around.

Phoenixsong
3rd March 2007, 12:33 AM
Aw, poor Vermillion is teh bored… I’d come in here if I had any money. But I don’t. Woe is me. Hey, and River’s not working yet, either, is she?

Meh. The randomizer seems to like the evolved Pokémon… oh, well.

TBA

The wild Haunter is right where you want it. Time to finish this up and catch it!

-TBA vs. Wild Haunter, Round One-

-Stats-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
100% Health
82% Energy
Psychic ~ Psychic ~ Great Ball
Pleased

Wild (M) Haunter
68% Health
99% Energy
? ~ ? ~ ?
Asleep; terrified and wants his mummy *shot*

-Battle-

The wild Haunter frowns in his sleep; he’s had enough of these terrifying dreams. He fights furiously against his terrible nightmares and finally manages to wrench his eyes open. Oh, that Exeggutor is in for it now… Ghostly, bluish flames snake around his fingers and then dance towards Numeron; the Exeggutor flinches as he feels their cold caress. The chilling feeling quickly passes, however, as it is replaced by the painful, nagging burn of the Will-o-Wisp. Angry, Numeron mentally grabs the Haunter’s brain and swings him around with his Psychic powers. The Haunter next draws back one of his disembodied fists and fades into the darkness… he reappears right next to Numeron mere moments later and lets loose with a Shadow Punch. Another Psychic follows this, Numeron flinging his foe back across the Yard. The wild Haunter is in some kind of pain by now, and he decides to try giving Numeron a taste of his own medicine; he floats forward and locks eyes with his foe, who appears to be sitting there and doing nothing. A few waves of ghostly energy induce Hypnosis in the Grass-type and put him to sleep. As the Haunter grins to himself, proud despite his pain, he fails to notice TBA’s Great Ball sailing towards him until the red light engulfs him and draws him inside. The ball hits the ground and begins to shake as the ghost struggles. Once. Twice. Thrice… the catch fades from red to white as the ball settles down. Success! The wild Haunter has been captured! It’s too bad that Numenor is snoring right now; otherwise he’d be able to join in the celebration.

-End Battle-

Numeron (M) Exeggutor
84% Health
75% Energy
Burned (2% each round); Asleep

Wild (M) Haunter
24% Health
83% Energy
Captured!

-End Round One-

You grin widely; you’ve just made the first successful capture in the TPM Safari Zone! Of course, your joy is tempered with a bit of uneasiness; Numenor is snoozing and also slightly burned. That’ll make exploring a bit more difficult… Mr. Fahrenheit is also a bit nervous. That Mightyena wants to bite him, and for no good reason! Well, that’s not very nice of her! Nervously, he edges a bit closer to her and tells her that he, his trainer and his friend aren’t here to bother her; they’re just here to sightsee and maybe catch a few Pokémon, like that Haunter. This was apparently, however, the wrong answer. The Mightyena doesn’t exactly fancy the idea of being caught, it seems, and she lunges at Mr. Fahrenheit a second time; this time she manages to get a good Crunch in on his wrist. Another Haunter, meanwhile—a female this time—is floating nearby, curious as to what the miffed Mightyena will do and wondering where her friend (the male Haunter) has gone off to…

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health, 100% Energy; wary of the Mightyena

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health, 75% Energy; Burned (2% each round), Asleep

Chris 2.1
3rd March 2007, 05:26 AM
No they are not. They are transported to the Safari Zone entrance and handed over upon leaving.

As for my quest. I want that Feebas. Callomuso, go after it. Use a psybeam to blast it, then use constrict to wrap around it and smash it with a headbutt.

Mega Horny
3rd March 2007, 09:53 AM
Wolfsong:
You wave top the Dragonair, and continue down to the shorline, and the shunned creature sticks out its tongue and departs. Meanwhile, Horatio roars loudly, and scares off a now whimpering Lotad. As you progress down the beach, you narrowly miss stepping on a sharp shell, and begin to be more conscious of your surroundings. The sand grew muddy and thick near the water's edge, and several white rocks could now be seen, some jutting out of the water's surface, others merely inches below. A friendly looking Azumarill hops up onto one of the rocks and looks at you quizzically. You also spot a few unidentifiable Pokemon in the murky depths of the water. But then, you hear a terrible shriek, and turn around to see your Growlithe, followed by a pack of Angry Lombre mothers charging at you! Talut leaps up onto one of the rocks, signaling a possible escape route. Growlithe stops at the water's edge, cornered, and prepares to battle, if needed.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
100% Energy,
Cautious.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
100% Energy
A bit beat up from the 'Lombre Squad'

The Blue Avenger
4th March 2007, 11:18 AM
I'll... hm... have Mr. Fahrenheit try his best to wake Numeron up (as will I). When Numeron wakes up, I'll tell him to Teleport us somewhere else, then use Refresh.

---

Chris
Callomuso leaps into the water and immediately locates the Feebas.
Battle!

Callomuso
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Fine
Attacks: Psybeam ~ Constrict ~ Headbutt

Feebas
HP: 100% | EN: 100% | Status: Startled
Attacks: ?

Callomuso manages to startle the Feebas, allowing him to get in the first strike: a Psybeam glowing in a rainbow of colors. Feebas tries to evade, but cannot fast enough, and the beam strikes him. Feebas reels, but manages to fire off a similar beam, this one a beam of sinister light. Callomuso takes the Confuse Ray, his mind spinning.
Despite this, Callomuso manages to make his way to Feebas and wrap his tentacles around the fish. Feebas gurgles as Callomuso squeezes tighter and tighter - it tries, apparently, to use Double Team, but as it's being anchored in one place, it doesn't work too well.
Feebas then tries again to escape Callomuso's grip with a Dive, but Callomuso has a very tight hold on the fish. Callomuso smirks and slams his head into the Feebas.

Callomuso
HP: 100% | EN: 88% | Status: Confused

Feebas
HP: 80% | EN: 93% | Status: Held

What do you do?

Wolfsong
4th March 2007, 12:26 PM
Not good. I'll have Talut try a roar. If that fails, i'll have him swoop down and use aerial ace into the mob and grab horatio then the three of us will get out of there fast. Once we're a safe distance away, we'll start looking around once more.

Phoenixsong
4th March 2007, 01:42 PM
A quick question, TBA: Teleport you somewhere else in Grave's Yard, or some other random place in the Safari Zone?

The Blue Avenger
4th March 2007, 01:45 PM
Somewhere in Grave's Yard, sorry. Hm, Chris and I need to work out whether or not you can switch locations like that...

Chris 2.1
4th March 2007, 02:08 PM
I think it would be ok. There's probably some nifty tandem bikes in the Safari Zone.

Ps: TBA, is the fight taking place underwater or not?

Cal good work. Strike hard with a psychic blast. Next paralyse it with thunder wave and bombard it with bullet seed.

Mega Horny
5th March 2007, 06:54 PM
Wolfsong:
You immediately command your fearsome Dragonite to scare the Lombres away with a roar, which scares the majority of them off, However, one brave Lombre ignores the others and charges head on, surprising you with impressive speed. It swipes one of your great balls with thief, and darts down the beach! Dragonite swoops after it, and Growlithe angrily growls at the fleeing Lombre.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 very great ball

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
97% Energy,
Chasing after the thief.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
100% Energy
Pleased.

Ultimate Charizard
8th March 2007, 12:18 PM
right so hang on...let me just chek something...
2 points (minimum) to come in here and catch something that may turn out to be good or may not.....or 2 points to just catch whatever i want the normal way? Or has something changed. I dont mean to be a naysayer but i thought i saw that basic entry was 1 point?
If its changed then it seems a little redundant unless your able to afford to come in here after something a little more evolved.

Phoenixsong
8th March 2007, 05:10 PM
WTF is up with these stupid Haunters?! Three of them?! Grr…

TBA

An angry Mightyena is prowling in circles around you and your two Pokémon; now, you think to yourself, was not a very opportune moment for Numeron to fall asleep. You and Mr. Fahrenheit rush to the Exeggutor’s side and begin shaking him furiously, begging him to awaken before the snarling female hyena attacks. In your haste to rouse Numeron, your hand accidentally brushes over the spot where the Haunter’s Will-o-Wisp first touched him; the Grass- and Psychic-type lets out a yelp of pain and all six of his eyes snap open. You don’t have time for too much of an apology right now, however; the Mightyena is drawing closer, and you need to get out of there fast. Numeron Teleports the three of you to a different section of the Yard just as the Mightyena leaps at you.

You and your Pokémon rematerialize a few seconds later in a desolate, rocky area. There are no tombstones here; just a collection of forbidding, stony hills and dry, scraggly grass. A chill wind howls around you, and as Numeron cures his burn with Refresh you notice that the three of you are not alone. Standing atop the nearest hill, a wiry female Houndour is leering at the three of you; floating some distance behind her is a second female Haunter and a male Duskull. A lone female Murkrow is circling slowly overhead, and a slight tremor beneath your feet alerts you to the presence of what is probably a Larvitar tunneling around.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Pokéball

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health; 100% Energy; slightly uneasy

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health; 66% Energy; feeling better

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Haunter- 24% Health; 83% Energy; bewildered and in pain

The Blue Avenger
8th March 2007, 06:37 PM
Let's see... I'll get the Duskull's attention and ask if it would like to join my time. If so, I'll catch it; if not, I'll ask to battle and send Mr. Fahrenheit into the fray with a Leech Seed, Faint Attack, and Giga Drain.

---

Chris (The battle's underwater, but near the surface.)
Callomuso
HP: 100% | EN: 88% | Status: Confused
Attacks: Psychic ~ Thunder Wave ~ Bullet Seed

Feebas
HP: 80% | EN: 93% | Status: Held

Callomuso begins this round by firing off a Psychic blast. It slams head-on into the Feebas, causing it to groan in pain. However, Feebas gets a counterattack in, breathing a stream of bluish flames onto Callomuso, making the Octillery drop the Feebas in surprise.
Then Callomuso does something... interesting. Instead of attacking Feebas, he attacks himself. However, this does have the added effect of shaking him out of his confusion. Meanwhile, Feebas Splashes hopelessly.
Callomuso frowns, and through some bizarre power of his, summons a maelstrom of seeds that buffet the tiring fish. The Feebas responds by slamming into Callomuso with a Tackle.

Callomuso
HP: 88% | EN: 81% | Status: Okay

Feebas
HP: 61% | EN: 82% | Status: Okay

Elec Man EXE
8th March 2007, 08:20 PM
Octillary learns Psychic among his many other attacks. Says so in both Serebii and Psypoke.

Anyway... I'm definately giving this a try. I'll purchase a pair of balls, one Great Ball and one Pokeball (doesn't everyone, though? :P). And to accompany me, I'll bring Tsunami and Celeste. Masquerain (M) and Hypno (F), respectively. And I'll be heading to Crush Quarry, I think.

Oh, and a few questions. First off... is there no where to find Electric pokemon? Not that I really need more, but they seem to be lacking from the available areas (unless they're all considered "city" pokemon). Also, so far all the fights have been 1 vs 1. Does it have to be that way, or can you double-team your opponent to weaken them faster?

Chris 2.1
9th March 2007, 06:41 AM
Elec: I'll ref for you. And to answer your questions: All electric Pokemon can be discovered in the Safari Zone with the exception of legendaries. They are, however, some of the more scarce types. If you're after an electric type, look around Trolgar Mountain and The Old Village.

You can indeed double-team your opponents, but nearby Pokemon may also join in the fray to assist the wild Pokemon.

Ultimate: You're quite right in pointing out that it is no cheaper than the Approval Tower. But you can look around the Safari Zone as long as you want until you find a Pokemon you want to catch; you will never have to catch something that 'may not be good' in your words.

The Safari Zone is just an alternate way of adding members to your team. It is more of an anime based way of catching a Pokemon you want, but at the same time I think the main intrigue is the ability to catch evolved forms. There are some 2nd stages in most places of the Safari Zone.

I hope you'll give it a try.

--

Safari Zone Quest: Elec Man EXE
Part 1

After purchasing your Pokeballs (1 Great Ball, 1 Pokeball) you step out of the lobby. You have your Masquerain {Tsunami} and your Hypno {Celeste} in their Pokeballs, but the rest of your team is kept with the Safari Warden.

Your assistant, Chris 2.0, accompanies you through the main area of the Zone until you arrive at the barren wasteland that is Crush Quarry. Large, jutting rocks burst from the ground and you see a variety of Pokemon wandering along.

There is a little Aron shattering rocks with its hard head just before you. It is doing a fine job at shattering a formidable rock formation. Nearby a pair of Machop are engaging in a playful wrestle; there is also a Nidorino crying in dispair as it wanders along on its own.

What will you do?

--

TBA: Ok I want Octillery to use bullet seed again. Then constrict around Feebas and use dive to take us deeper and deeper down the lake.

Ultimate Charizard
9th March 2007, 07:00 AM
Oh dont worry i will give it a try however i may wait till i can afford to go after some Evo's.

Elec Man EXE
9th March 2007, 10:57 AM
I didn't come here for a poison type, but... Nidorino rocks. Alright, lets see. If its sad and lonely, maybe we can convince it to join peacefully. I'll send Celeste over to cheer it up, and then invite it to join my growing team, so it wouldn't be lonely any more. If it accepts, I'll use my Great Ball on it. If it refuses, well its going to have to be the hard way, and I'll have Celeste attack with Psychic, then Hypnosis and followed by Dream Eater if it falls asleep or Shadow Ball if it doesn't. Tsunami will keep a lookout and make sure nothing else joins the fight, and use Whirlwind to fend off the would-be attackers.

Wolfsong
9th March 2007, 01:10 PM
*sighs* I'll have Talut (dragonite) Wrap up the lotad. Then I'll have Horatio Thief the great ball back. Lastly, once we have the great ball back, I'll have Talut use supersonic on the lotad before tossing it away from us.

Chris 2.1
9th March 2007, 02:26 PM
Safari Zone Quest: Elec Man EXEP
Part 2

The Nidorino stops for a moment, pawing into the ground a love heart. Celeste the Hypno calmly walks over, muttering in a friendly manner. They converse for a few moments, but it seems that Nidorino has been angered by the talk. As Celeste goes for a handshake, Nidorino deals a swift blow to the Pokemon and knocks it back.

Time to make this personal. Type-advantage personal.

Battle!

Celeste - [F]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa097.png
100% HP - 100% Energy
Psychic -- Hypnosis -- Dream Eater/Shadow Ball

VS

Nidorino - [M]
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfb/dpmfb033.png
100% HP - 100% Energy
Looking angered.

Celeste concentrated hard and subsequently blasted a strong psychic attack forward. The Nidorino was struck hard, causing him to topple back in disarray. He managed to get back up and charged, jousting at Celeste with his sharp horn. The jabs were in from all angles, the poison type leaping and diving at every oppertunity. Celeste tried to hypnotise Nidorino, who continued his assault, but due to his head being docked his eyes did not been the hypnotic gaze. Hypno looked slightly irritated. Nidorino leapt back powerfully, thus Celeste fired the shadow ball to strike the Pokemon. Undeterred, Nidorino used a take down attack, ploughing into Celeste.

Celeste - [F]
88% HP - 82% Energy

VS

Nidorino - [M]
85% HP - 78% Energy
Looking angered.

Elec Man EXE
9th March 2007, 04:00 PM
Ooh, we got ourselves a fierce one. Alrighty then Celeste, lets show it a thing or two. Start with Flash to disrupt it's vision, followed by Calm Mind to ready yourself. Then give it another Psychic, beam form.

Flash ~ Calm Mind ~ Psychic

Tsunami, join in as well. Look away while Celeste uses Flash, and after that I want you to spread a Stun Spore over our fiesty friend. Do avoid hitting Celeste with the powder, though. And finally, combine a Psybeam with Celeste's Psychic attack. But keep an eye out for any of the surrounding pokemon... if they look like they're getting aggrivated and might attack, then use Sweet Scent to calm 'em down.

Look Away ~ Stun Spore ~ Psybeam

Chris 2.1
9th March 2007, 05:05 PM

Celeste - [F]
88% HP - 82% Energy
Flash -- Calm Mind -- Psychic

Tsunami - [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa284.png
100% HP - 100% Energy
Look Away -- Stun Spore -- Psybeam
*Sweet Scent*

VS

Nidorino - [M]
85% HP - 78% Energy
Looking angered.

You sent out Masquerain to help deal with the angry Nidorino. As Masquerain shielded his eyes Hypno unleashed a blinding flash; Nidorino gave a loud cry as he screwed his eyes shut, staggering back with disillusion. At that point, he stamped his feet hard. A Nidorina soon emerged on the battlefield to assist her.........friend.

+ Nidorina [F]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa030.png
100% HP -- 100% Energy
Standing by her man

Recalling his order, Masquerain flapped and wafted a gentle, powerful scent across the arena. Nidorina, however, had heard the pain in her partners cry and was merely angered further by the scent she could smell. Nidorino stood there, dazed, as Hypno calmed himself down and powered up his psychic abilities. Nidorina leapt at Hypno and crunched down on her fist, ripping the flesh hard and growling. Nidorino did not attack, wincing soppily. Masquerain, keeping his orders, blasted a psybeam and struck Nidorino hard; Nidorina retalliated with a powerful sludge bomb as Celeste struck Nidorino further with a psychic attack.

Celeste - [F]
80% HP - 69% Energy
+Psychic abilities

Tsunami - [M]
93% HP - 90% Energy
Fine

VS

Nidorino - [M]
69% HP - 78% Energy
Blinded

Nidorina [F]
100% HP -- 91% Energy
Bloodthirsty

What will you do? Battle, Catch or Run?

Elec Man EXE
9th March 2007, 08:14 PM
Alright, somethings wierd. Posted my reply, came back to the page, and no reply. Hopefully it doesn't show up later and end up double-posted...

Well, I guess the odds are even now. Alrighty team, here's what we're going to do.

Tsunami, turn your attention to Nidorina. Try and use a Whirlwind to blow her away... she's not too heavy, so its worth a shot. If it works, turn back to Nidorino and use a Stun Spore, then chill and keep a lookout in case that Nidorina comes back. If she does come back after SS, then use Scary Face to try and fend her off. If blowing her away doesn't work, disable her vision with Mud Shot, then use Stun Spore on Nidorino.

Whirlwind <NA> ~ Stun Spore <NO> / Mud Shot <NA> ~ Lookout - Scary Face <NA> / Stun Spore <NO>

Celeste, you keep at Nidorino. Start off with Confusion. Then, depending on what Tsunami does, I want you to use Psychic and hit with Thunderpunch. Use Psychic on the turn that Tsunami fires his Stun Spore (hold him in place and crush him), and Thunderpunch the other turn.

Confusion <NO> ~ Psychic <NO> / Thunderpunch <NO> ~ Thunderpunch <NO> / Psychic <NO>

(BTW, NA = Nidorina, NO = Nidorino)

Chris 2.1
10th March 2007, 01:11 PM
Part 4

Celeste - [F]
80% HP - 69% Energy
+Psychic abilities
Confusion <NO> ~ Psychic <NO> / Thunderpunch <NO> ~ Thunderpunch <NO> / Psychic <NO>

Tsunami - [M]
93% HP - 90% Energy
Whirlwind <NA> ~ Stun Spore <NO> / Mud Shot <NA> ~ Lookout - Scary Face <NA> / Stun Spore <NO>

VS

Nidorino - [M]
69% HP - 78% Energy
Blinded

Nidorina [F]
100% HP -- 91% Energy
Bloodthirsty

The Nidorino's vision was improving and he began his next assault. He leapt up high, jabbing Masquerain with a 'peck attack'. Tsunami took the attack well and flapped his wings furiously, trying to rid the area of Nidorina. Pushed back, Nidorina was unable to execute her own attack, and was driven away from the main action of the match. Nidorino watched his partner as he was struck with a strong psychic blast.

Nidorina looked distraught as she saw her loved one become struck by a paralyzing spore cloud. He gave a long groan as his muscles screamed and seized up while Hypno blasted a psychic vault of energy into the Pokemon. Tsunami then fluttered ahead and kept an eye out for the Nidorina, who was somehow defeated morally. Nidorino received an electrifying shock and winced in pain.

Suddenly, once the round had finished, Nidorina ambled over to you. She had a sorrowful look in her eyes, and began speaking in Pokemon. Your Hypno understood and explained that she wants you to leave her boyfriend alone. If she joined your team, would you let Nidorino go?

What will you do?

Celeste - [F]
80% HP - 55% Energy
+Psychic abilities

Tsunami - [M]
88% HP - 80% Energy

VS

Nidorino - [M]
48% HP - 70% Energy (Paralyzed)
Weak

Nidorina [F]
100% HP -- 85% Energy
Upset and brave.

DarkestLight
11th March 2007, 12:15 PM
Ok.

>> Been thinkin' about it. Not really gonna spend my points on anything else...so heck, why not. Hopefully my battle'll finish and I'll have one point to my name.

I'll be using Wyndryde (F), my Absol, and uuhhh
also...Change (M) my Tyrogue

Lemme get a set of Great Ball and Poke Ball... n_n. That should break me, but I'm not leaving here until I have two new Pokemon. ¬¬

Oh: Grave's Yard is my first choice. I need to start fleshing out my team here.

Chris 2.1
11th March 2007, 03:25 PM
I'll take DL's quest since....I'm online, and the Safari Zone runs on efficient refs not necessarily giving everyone an even chance to do it.

Safari Zone Quest: DarkestLight
Part 1

After purchasing a Great Ball and a Poke Ball, you head out to Graves Yard with your accomplished referee. With Absol and Tyrogue by your side you feel confident at facing the spooky demons within the barren graveyard far out of the other reigons of the Safari Zone.

As you walk you hear a doleful caw. A group of three Murkrow flap across the moonlit sky before diving, turning and landing on the ground ahead. They seem to be drawing some sort of map in the soft earth with their clawed feet. Behind you, a Shuppet floated around lazily.

The three Murkrow, after analysing their map, began to wander off through the almost misted moors in a little hop-like walk, in a single file, cawing their name. However as you go to inspect the map, you see that there is a Banette that has wiped the drawing off. The Banette is chuckling as a Gastly hovers around you.

What will you do? Battle any of the Pokemon (Murkrow, Banette, Shuppet, Gastly), keep searching for others or follow the Murkrow trio?

DarkestLight
11th March 2007, 04:08 PM
Ooh, a barrage of ghosts *_* And they're all so great! Alas, I must not. We must keep walking. Follow those Murkrow

Wynd and Change, just keep yourselves relaxed.

Vermillion
11th March 2007, 04:30 PM
Gurrr @ Chris...lol I just have bad timing.

Chris 2.1
11th March 2007, 06:43 PM
Verm: if its any consolation I'm just keeping this place running smoothly. And I'm not going to bother reaping points from this since this is like...my job.

Part 2

You can see, amid the increasing fog, the soft tails of the Murkrow as they trot along the wasteland. Absol and Tyrogue are by your side, keeping you alert and giving you support as you wander into the unknown.

Feeling an incline in the walk, you proceed with some caution as the fog gets thicker and thicker. The Murkrow caw on as you walk. Soon all you can rely on is the bushy tail barely visible up ahead.

After some extensive walking you feel a soft breeze, which soon becomes a strong gust that siphons the fog away. Looking around, you see the three Murkrow laughing as they flap the mist away to reveal you standing on a high plateu overlooking the entire graveyard. A few graves are dotted around. A Mightyena is tearing the flesh from what looks like a young Mankey's corpse; the Mightyena watches you.

It seems to be guarding something. While there is not a cave present, two large, rocky spires jutting either side of the Mightyena and its....meal suggest that beyond here is a special place. Mightyena bears its jaws and growls. Blood drips from it.

What will you do?

Elec Man EXE
12th March 2007, 04:47 PM
Well, thats ironic. Ask one lonely pokemon to join and get refused, then another offers out of the blue.

Gah... dilema of dilemas! The good person in me wants to just leave them both alone. But the trainer in me wants a new pokemon. Curse you, morals! Why must you plague me with your... moral-ness.

Alright, lets accept her offer. I still feel bad, but I'll feel bad either way other than just walking away completely, and I'm not doing that. Celeste, tell her its a deal, and then I'll use my Great Ball on Nidorina.

From there, I'll have Celeste Teleport us to another part of the area (still in Crush Quarry, just away from the possibly angry Nidorino). Then I'll have Tsunami keep a look out and explore the area a bit while Celeste uses Rest to recover some of her HP and energy. Once that's done, we'll continue exploring.

Mega Horny
12th March 2007, 05:02 PM
Wolfsong:
(I assume you mean Lombre, by Lotad)
Angrily, you command your Dragonite to stop the Lombre in its tracks, and the menacing dragon complies, snatching the green Pokemon up in the coils of its hefty tail. As the Lombre tries to struggle free, Growlithe leaps up and snatches your great ball back from him. Pleased with your sucess, you tell Dragonite to confuse the pesky creature with a supersonic, and then get rid of it. Yet again, Talut complies, screeching into the Lombre's ear, and batting the defeated Pokemon off into the distance with a swing of its tail. Sighing in relief, you continue your quest.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Smirking.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Energetic.

Wolfsong
12th March 2007, 05:13 PM
*headdesk* Yeah, that's what i meant. Anyways, I'll continue onwards.

Chris 2.1
12th March 2007, 05:14 PM
Part 5

You decide to take Nidorina's offer. She watches you tearfully. Nidorino, her beau, lies weakened in your wake. You arch your arm and hurl the Great Ball and manage to capture the Nidorina with no particular hassle.

+New Pokemon added!
Nidorina [F]
Nidorina has been sent to the lobby for you to collect when you leave the Safari Zone.

With Celeste teleporting you to a different area of the Safari Zone, you have Tsunami scout the area as Hypno recovers HP in her Pokeball. As you wander on, you see an Aron in the distance. There is also a Makuhita furiously shattering rocks. However the Makuhita accordentally hits a Geodude and the two soon engage in combat.

In the skies a Skarmory flies by as you see a playful Cacnea eating berries off its needles. What will you do?

Phoenixsong
12th March 2007, 05:44 PM
Gone? I’m not gone! Really!

TBA

As enticing as the wide array of Dark- and Ghost-types might be, the only one that really catches your attention is the male Duskull just over the hill. He’s looking at you rather haughtily; you wonder if he’s so conceited that your plan won’t work. Still, it’s worth a try… you slowly climb the hill towards the three Pokémon, taking your time and smiling at them to set them at ease. The Haunter continues to look curious and the Houndour snarls at you before dashing behind a rock. Still smiling disarmingly, you turn to the Duskull and, very politely, ask him if he’d like to come with you. The one-eyed ghost scratches his chin and looks down at you, as if considering your offer. He pauses… he nods to himself a little bit… it looks like he’s about to agree… and then—a flash of blue flame curls around his hand and he flings the spectral flame right at your feet! You, Numeron and Mr. Fahrenheit jump back in shock, Numeron nearly toppling over and rolling down the hill in his haste to avoid another burn. You’re about to tell Mr. Fahrenheit to attack the insolent ghost when you look up again and see that he’s laughing. The Duskull floats over to your side, pats you on the back—you shiver as the icy-cold ectoplasm touches you—and seems to be assuring you that it was only a harmless little joke. You sigh a little bit, wondering whether or not he’ll be any sort of trouble in the future, but you toss out the Pokéball all the same and the Duskull doesn’t object. One shake, two shakes, three… the ball settles down and you pick it up, pleased. You’ve successfully caught another Pokémon. The ball is transported back to the gate and you, Mr. Fahrenheit and Numeron turn to head out and collect your new Haunter and Duskull.

End of Safari!

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Mr. Fahrenheit (M) Shiftry- 95% Health; 100% Energy; pleased

Numeron (M) Exeggutor- 84% Health; 66% Energy; glad to be leaving

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Haunter- 24% Health; 83% Energy; bewildered and in pain

Waiting at Entrance- (M) Duskull- 100% Health; 96% Energy; feeling mischievous

*~*~*

Go ahead and proceed to the Approval Tower, TBA. Be sure to come back for more happy hunting!

Elec Man EXE
12th March 2007, 06:14 PM
Ack, you've gotta be kidding me. You're actually going to make me choose between the two pokemon I had in mind when I came here?

Anyway... I'll stand away at a comfortable distance and watch the battle between the Makuhita and Geodude play out while I try to decide. With any luck, I won't even have to fight them at all. Tsunami will keep watch and make sure nothing sneaks up on us, and fend off any would-be attackers with Scary Face.

Chris 2.1
12th March 2007, 06:21 PM
Part 6

The Makuhita might have the advantage but it seems the Geodude can fight back, too. Makuhita is tired after the work-out and the Geodude, angered, gives the Pokemon a hardy slap and hops off into the distance.

Makuhita stands there, gasping.

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa296.png
67% HP | 42% Energy

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
12th March 2007, 06:22 PM
Chris: Sorry for the wait. ^^;

Callomuso
HP: 88% | EN: 81% | Status: Okay
Attacks: Bullet Seed ~ Constrict ~ Dive

Feebas
HP: 61% | EN: 82% | Status: Okay

Callomuso begins by firing yet another Bullet Seed. The attack once again pummels Feebas, but the fish has a smirk on its face: its skin glimmers momentarily, and a similar maelstrom hits Callomuso, the Mirror Coat a complete success.
Callomuso frowns and coils his tentacles around Feebas. Feebas yelps and squirms, but is unable to get free. Instead, it releases a thick Haze, but being underwater, it doesn't work that well.
Finally, Callomuso dives down even further with the Feebas in his grip. Feebas responds by looking straight at Callomuso and sending hypnotic beams at the Octillery. It works and Callomuso falls fast asleep.

Callomuso
HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep

Feebas
HP: 50% | EN: 82% | Status: Held

Elec Man EXE
12th March 2007, 07:03 PM
Decision made for me, excellent. I'd have spent all night deciding :p

Alrighty then Tsunami. The opponents weakened, but keep you're wits about you. Lead off the battle with Psybeam. Then go ahead and spread a Stun Spore. And finally, a powerful Ice Beam.

Psybeam ~ Stun Spore ~ Ice Beam

Phoenixsong
12th March 2007, 07:19 PM
Question: Do refs get points for every "Safari" post, or just posts that involve battles?

DarkestLight
12th March 2007, 07:42 PM
Oooh Mystery. Is the Mightyena a Female? That REALLY matters to me. We need to find out.

As dumb as this sounds, I would like Change to just keep alert so no tricky Murkrow come around and try to harm us-while Wynd tries to calmly Attract the Mightyena. Make sure you let it know we just wanna explore that little place up there....

If it turns out to be a male APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATLY!

Still dun see the girl I'm looking for...but maybe she's farther inward...

Chris 2.1
13th March 2007, 11:50 AM
Phoenixsong: EVERY Safari Post, not just battle ones. Every 5 'rounds' of the Safari Quest earns you 2 points.

TBA: Hmm I think I'll send Kappaduck the Golduck to help out and recall Octillery to help ease his sleep. Kappa hit Feebas with a brick break, then use confusion and end with hypnosis.

Part 7

Your Pokemon:
Tsunami [M]
88% HP | 80% Energy
Psybeam -- Stun Spore -- Ice Beam

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
67% HP | 42% Energy

Tsunami flapped his wings and from his eye-pattern he blasted a swirling beam of psyionic energy. It smashed into Makuhita and bowled him back; angered, he inhaled and blasted off a swirling gust of wind that blew Masquerain back. Struggling and fighting the gust, Masquerain scattered a fine, sticky powder all over the Makuhita, who, when taking a deep gulp of air managed to inhale the powder and spluttered loudly. He stepped back, flames curling into his fist and he leapt up, smashing right into Masquerain with his flaming fist, dealing good damage.

Tsunami, not finished, cooled the foe off by blasting a frosted beam of glassy ice, striking Makuhita in the chest. His paralysis got the better of him as he struggled to fight off the pain.

Your Pokemon:
Tsunami [M]
82% HP | 66% Energy

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
53% HP | 34% Energy
Paralysed

What will you do?

Part 3

Tyrogue stands just behind. His arms are folded and he watches around keenly, suspiciously. Absol slowly prowls towards Mightyena, emitting a soft, submissive growl as her paws find their way one before the other. Mightyena watches curiously, dropping the fleshy body. Absol turns to you signalling that her attempt has worked.

But she was wrong. Mightyena leaps forward and sinks his jaws into Absol, ripping her arm and headbutting her back. He growls ferociously before the little pathway, barking and scaring Absol.

Your Pokemon:
Absol [F]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa359.png
89% HP | 90% Energy
Bleeding heavily on right paw; flesh is bare

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Mightyena [F]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa262.png
100% HP | 100% Energy
Angry

What will you do?

DarkestLight
13th March 2007, 09:25 PM
Dang. Wynd. Let's get dangerous.

Since this girl likes aggressive guys, Taunt her with that carcass she has. She won't be happy about that. When she gets close, avoid her and next use a Thunder Wave on her. End with a close range Flamethrower...

Taunt--Thunder Wave--Flamethrower

Elec Man EXE
14th March 2007, 11:02 AM
Alright Tsunami, time for an all out assault, lets weaken this thing down and get it captured. Start with a Hydro Pump, then swoop in with Aerial Ace. And finally, further soak him with a Water Pulse.

Hydro Pump ~ Aerial Ace ~ Water Pulse

Chris 2.1
14th March 2007, 12:03 PM
Part 8

Your Pokemon:
Tsunami [M]
82% HP | 66% Energy
Hydro Pump ~ Aerial Ace ~ Water Pulse

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
53% HP | 34% Energy
Paralysed

Makuhita managed to get in first; using a faint attack he swept around the arena as Masquerain blasted off a hydro pump. Makuhita leapt up and slammed Tsunami for good damage.

Not bothered in the slightest, the water moth tore through the arena at a blinding speed, delivering a slicing blow to the Makuhita and getting a super-effective hit. The sumo Pokemon used arm thrust to slam his arm into the foe, but paralysis kicked in and he was motionless.

Finally, Tsunami fired off a supersonic blast of water that smashed right into Makuhita and knocked him right over. Makuhita retalliated with a crackling thunderpunch that socked Masquerain and gave him a brief shock.

Your Pokemon:
Tsunami [M]
71% HP | 47% Energy

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
37% HP | 20% Energy
Paralysed

Makuhita is weak. What will you do?

Part 4

Your Pokemon:
Absol [F]
89% HP | 90% Energy
Bleeding heavily on right paw; flesh is bare

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Mightyena [F]
100% HP | 100% Energy
Angry

Absol began barking harsh taunts at Mightyena, who was growling ferociously. Mightyena took the bait and charged, leaping up and swinging a shimmering tail down into Absol, who was smashed right in the face by the iron tail. Mightyena showed no signs of backing down, chomping hard with poison fang and injecting a powerful toxic substance into Absol's bloodstream.

Absol crackled with electricity and blasted a web of lightening that smashed into Mightyena. Struggling to move, Mightyena let out a loud roar. Absol ignored it, blasting a barrel of flames at the wolf-like Pokemon.

Your Pokemon:
Absol [F]
73% HP | 77% Energy
Poisoned

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Mightyena [F]
93% HP | 84% Energy
Paralysed
Hurt

After feeling the attack Mightyena gave a weak sigh, settling down on the ground just by the little opening behind her, leaving the way clear for you to head on further during your journey.

What will you do?

Elec Man EXE
14th March 2007, 12:10 PM
Great job Tsunami, we've just about got it. Lets weaken it a bit more with another Hydro Pump, and then I'll use my remaining Pokeball on it. Well done.

Hydro Pump ~ Throw Pokeball

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th March 2007, 12:46 PM
I'll be buying an Ultraball and a Great ball (-7). I'll be taking a peek at Feizhi Outpost and my mates for today'll be Set, the male Beedrill and Persephone the female Misdreavus.

I wonder..

Mega Horny
14th March 2007, 02:31 PM
MLG

You get off your jeep, waving goodbye to the fat bearded man who had driven you up to the outskirts of the dense jungle. Having dealt with Sotek, you're more than prepared for a creature-infested forest. You enter, Beedrill leading the way, Misdreavus furtively fluttering behind. A pinsir instantly runs across your path, heading east into the underbrush. There are also several Beedrill buzzing around a nest, and a Nuzleaf is picking some sort of disgusting fruit from a nearby tree. You hear the sound of flapping wings up above, but the foliage is too dense to see anything. You could climb a tree, or get one of your Pokemon to investigate.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
100% Health
100% Energy
Flitting About

Persephone (F) Misdreavus
100% Health
100% Energy
Cautious

*~*~*

What will you do?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
14th March 2007, 03:03 PM
I'll climb the tree, thank you.

Chris 2.1
14th March 2007, 04:56 PM
Part 9

Your Pokemon:
Tsunami [M]
71% HP | 47% Energy
Hydro Pump -- Throw Ball

VS

Wild Pokemon:
Makuhita [M]
37% HP | 20% Energy
Paralysed

Makuhita's paralysis was painful; the weaker he got, the more he staggered and groaned as electric volts zapped his insides. Tsunami flapped back and unleashed a cannon of splashing water that struck Makuhita for good damage. He stumbled to the ground as you hurl a Pokeball. In a red flash the Makuhita was sucked in and wobbled slightly, before the Pokeball pinged successfully.

New Pokemon Added!
Makuhita [M]

The ball flashed and dissapeared. A little beeper filled the air and the Warden came along in a little jeep. Your Safari Quest over (for now) you clambered inside and were whisked off back to the Lobby.

There, you were given Nidorina [F] and Makuhita [M], your two new Pokemon from the Safari Zone! Please remember to get them both approved from The ASB Approval Tower before you use them for battles.

Thank you for partaking in The Safari Zone!

Mega Horny
14th March 2007, 05:24 PM
MLG

You struggle up the slippery tree branches, pushing vines out of your way. Beedrill follows behind, ready to catch you if you were to fall. And seeing as his hands are sharp needles, you grab the tree just a little tighter. You gasp in fear, as one 'vine; you were pushing away turns out to be an ekans, and the slimy creature slithers down the tree. Misdreavus watches it intently, while you continue on up. You notice a Cascoon hanging from a tree branch. Finally, you struggle your head through the thick canopy. You are rewarded by the beautiful sight of countless treetops, a blue sky, mountains in the distance and a tall grey tower, about half a mile away. You can see many flying Pokemon over the treetops, but most are far away. One Venomoth is very nearby, and is likely what you heard earlier. The only other nearby Pokemon you see is a Scyther flying about, a treeko jumping from branch to branch, and a Gloom struggling to hold onto a tree branch that looks like it's about to break.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
100% Health
100% Energy
Flitting About

100% Health
100% Energy
Watching Ekans

*~*~*

What will you do?

DarkestLight
14th March 2007, 05:38 PM
Hrm. Wynd, yer hurt pretty bad. So is she. We're gonna continue on, but go over and ask her if she'd like to join us. If not, we'll be on our way.

Chris 2.1
14th March 2007, 05:55 PM
Part 5

You ask the defeated Mightyena to join your team but she snubs the offer, lying there defeated and resting from the battle. It is evident that she was not willing to fight too hard; you press on.

Through the desserted path you walk, seeing a Misdreavus wander along. You can also see a Houndour digging a hole in the ground, but as your eyes meet his he gives an intimidating growl.

You find yourself in a small, cove-like area elevated above Grave's Yard. As you look down upon the spooky graveyard you can see a pair of Nuzleaf leaping from rock to rock. A Pupitar also sits there calmly as you see something etched onto the ground. An X.

What will you do?

DarkestLight
14th March 2007, 07:31 PM
o.O! AAAH!! Pupitar?!?!!! If they're here, then one's GOT to be here! Let's go make some friends.

Change, go up and ask the Pupitar if there are any Tyranitars roaming about. If not, then ask if it would like to join us as we walk around. Wynd, you rest up. We'll be getting you help soon for that icky poison.

Chris 2.1
15th March 2007, 08:26 AM
Part 6

You see the doleful Pupitar and Tyrogue goes to talk to it in Pokemon. They converse for a while, but the Pupitar admits that there aren't any Tyranitar around here. It goes on to explain that while the evolution from Pupitar to Tyranitar is difficult in the wild, their appearence is further dwindled by the Ghost Pokemon in the area. Asking if there may be Tyranitar in other areas of the Safari Zone, Pupitar is unsure.

Disheartened but not defeated, you ask Pupitar if it will join your team. Pupitar looks, in an odd way, slightly emotional. The stiff little shell nods, leaning forward and rolling over to show you a horrible scar on its back - the result of a nasty attack from a Gengar in the area. Pupitar tells Tyrogue that it just sits here, out of the ghost Pokemons way, and would gladly join your team.

You grab your Great Ball and hurl it at the Pupitar. Willingly Pupitar is absorbed by the red light and collected into the blue-and-red ball, before the ball drops to the floor and pings to indicate a sucessful capture.

+New Pokemon Added!
Pupitar [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa247.png

Pupitar's Pokeball flashes white and is transported to the lobby of the Safari Zone. You look around the rather quiet plateu of Grave's Yard. A Haunter slowly floats around and you see a pack of three Houndour being led across the Yard by their leader, a Houndoom. You can see the dark X etched into the earth, but the earth is hard and tough, and you cannot penetrate it yourself.

A sign up ahead reads 'This way to Trolgar Mountain".

What will you do? Stay here, investigate the X, head to a different location or pursue one of the wild Pokemon? Remember you are at the secret plateu Mightyena was guarding; if you wish to go back down from where the Murkrow led you, please say so.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
15th March 2007, 12:04 PM
I'll go back down and investigate some more, I want myself an awesome pokemon, although Venomoth looks promosing..No, I'll come down and have a good look around. Beedrill, stay in the air and scout the place.

Mega Horny
15th March 2007, 04:08 PM
Wolfsong
You press onwards. As you continue down the beach, you notice a Poliwag splashing about along the shore, and a Chinchou staring up at you from the water's edge. As you look at it, a dark shape zips by, and descends into the murky depths. Otherwise, there are a few Marill and Azumarilly waddling about.

What will you do next?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Same.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Energetic.

Mega Horny
15th March 2007, 06:28 PM
MLG

You jump down, disappointed, landing in the leaves below with a soft 'plop.' Suddenly, you see your Misdreavus floating towards you, looking distraught. An Arbok is chasing it, snapping its jaws just out of reach of the ghost Pokemon. Meanwhile, you hear pinging sounds above -- something is going wrong with your Beedrill. You also notice a Vileplume sleeping nearby, but ignore it, as you generally dislike the Vileplume family.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
100% Health
100% Energy
(Any decreases in health or energy is currently unknown to you)

88% Health
91% Energy
Running from t3h 'Bok.

*~*~*

What will you do?

DarkestLight
15th March 2007, 07:21 PM
Oh Score! I'll take good care of that poor lil guy ;_; Mean ol Gengar's.

Ok. Houndoom...Sexy, but not right now. We can't have that one attack us. Too many.

Change, X marks the spot. Focus Punch the ground. Wynd, if yer up to it, dig up the ground a little, otherwise, rest buddy.

{In other words, let this ADVENTURE continue!!}

MeLoVeGhOsTs
16th March 2007, 06:08 PM
Lol, how do you know that I dislike the Vileplume family?

I'll have Missy check on Beedrill.

Mega Horny
16th March 2007, 06:22 PM
MLG

I can read minds. Actually, I remember you once talking about how you caught a shiny oddish, and were fairly pissed that the one shiny Pokemon you caught was a bloody oddish.

You command Misdreavus to check on Beedrill, and follow the ghost Pokémon up the tree. Arbok, unbeknownst to your schemes, cannot stop charging and slithers headlong into the head of the tree, knocking itself hard on the head. It dazedly slithers into a nearby bush. Luckily, you managed to hang onto the tree, regardless of the heavy Pokemon slamming into the tree's waterlogged trunk. But to your dismay, as you climb a bit higher, you hear a creaking sound. You leap off the tree just in time, and it splinters in half, crashing to the ground. Misdreavus darts back down to help you, but the sound sound wakes Vileplume up from its slumber, who, thinking it is being threatened, launches a stun spore on your Misdreavus. Meanwhile, with the upper areas of the tree no longer blocking your view, you can see Beedrill clashing in midair with another Pokemon.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
90% Health
85% Energy
Fighting something.

88% Health
91% Energy
Paralyzed.

Vileplume (M)
100% Health
96% Energy
Spore-happy.

Beedrills Opponent (?)
86% Health
89% Energy
???

*~*~*

What will you do?

Chris 2.1
16th March 2007, 06:29 PM
Part 7

Tyrogue's fist powers up and he slams it into the ground. The tough earth cracks slightly, giving way. Tyrogue helps you tear off chunks of the surface as you dig up an old ancient chest. It is very small and rough.

Your fingers open up the latch on the chest and find, among a bed of sand, a thick, glistening rock:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/7931/diamondop1.png (http://imageshack.us)

It looks like a Diamond shard. You also find in the chest a neat drawstring bag and slip the Diamond inside, keeping it for later.

As you look around, you see a Murkrow flapping along, looking hurt and injured. A Gastly and Haunter float around as a Duskull wanders up from the stone steps that lead to Trolgar Mountain. An Absol watches you from afar.

What will you do?

Mega Horny
16th March 2007, 06:49 PM
DL -- you are mad lucky.

Also, question for Chris -- do the two points accumulate every five total reffings, or do you get them for every five per person you're reffing?

Chris 2.1
16th March 2007, 06:53 PM
Five total reffings. So you can ref 3 for someone and 2 for someone else and exchange them.

Saffire Persian
16th March 2007, 06:57 PM
I'd like to join in! I'd like to go to Crush Quarry, and I'll buy one Great Ball please. As for which Pokémon I'm going to take along, it's going to be my male Vaporeon, Rast.

Phoenixsong
16th March 2007, 07:07 PM
I should be most happy to take you through, Saff. I'll edit the post in just a few minutes...

@MLG and Mega: Mad at one shiny Oddish? I've caught two. TWO! And I sooo dislike that line... ah, well, awesome electric pink male Bellossom and hideous brown Vileplume, whoo!

EDIT: Here we go, Saffire!

Saffire Persian

Ah, Crush Quarry. Even amidst the clamor of never-ending mining and the clangor of Rock-types charging at one another in contests of strength, you can sense a sort of wild beauty and “peace”, if you could call it that, all around you. You and your Vaporeon, Rast, carefully pick your way through the painted red and brown rocks to see what you can see. What you can see is a male Cacnea sunning himself on a cliff not far above your head; about a hundred yards away, you can see a male Primeape harassing a few frightened quarrymen. A female Machop is watching the proceedings some distance away. As you and Rast walk cautiously over to get a better view of the hairy situation, you make a mistake that you’ve only ever heard about in your Pokédex: you stumble over a rock that, upon turning around, you discover is actually a female Geodude.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

--

I actually have money now, so, in proper Phoenix form, I'm going to blow it all sky-high and join in. One Great Ball, please, and I'll come in with my male Growlithe, Cujo. My hound-dog and I would like to lurk around the Feizhi Outpost. Might I have a guide? *kicks Vermillion*

...No, anyone can do it, first come first served and all that, but I'm sure he'll jump on it provided he notices soon.

- made your announcement a bit clearer - Chris 2.0 :)

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2007, 03:22 AM
Alright, Misdreavus, Thunderwave, Icebeam x2.

Set, see who the fuck that pokemon is and wait for my orders.

Mega Horny
17th March 2007, 11:06 AM
MLG -- It's you who can't see the Pokemon. You could go up and look, or get Set to come down to you.

DarkestLight
17th March 2007, 02:59 PM
Mega- I like treasure. So that's awesome.

Hrm....

Wynd. Go and talk to that Murkrow. Ask him what did this to him, and if we can help in any way.

EDIT: Chris, I think I roped you in for the long haul xD.

Chris 2.1
17th March 2007, 04:32 PM
Part 8

You send Absol over to the Murkrow, but the bird is initially scared at your appearence and flaps back. By speaking softly and moving slowly you convince the dark Pokemon you mean no harm. Murkrow explains to your Pokemon it was battled by a trainer who attempted to catch it. When asking if you can offer any help Murkrow declines, and asks to be left alone. You see the little Pokemon take to the skies and flap away.

You shrug: at least you tried. Nearby you see a Pinsir using a tombstone as a weight, pumping its forearms in some workout. You can also see a group of Duskull, male and female, slowly floating across the barren wasteland. Nearby is a lone Baltoy spinning gently, while a Misdreavus cackles as it torments a Hypno by yanking its hair.

What will you do?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
17th March 2007, 05:04 PM
Then I'll go up there and let Set do a double team, just to be sure.

Vermillion
17th March 2007, 11:18 PM
I claim Phoenixsong and I'll get started on you tomorrow ^_^

Phoenixsong
17th March 2007, 11:51 PM
I claim Phoenixsong and I'll get started on you tomorrow ^_^

That sounds... uh... interesting. ;) [/sick mind]

Blademaster
18th March 2007, 12:24 AM

>>

<<

(gets out camcorder and hides in the bushes, following Phoenixsong and Vermillion around)

DarkestLight
18th March 2007, 08:53 AM
O.o! Missy? Hrm, this may be a good change to get a Ghostie! ..

But I'm supposed to be concentrating on Dark types...hrm...

I wanna keep exploring. That Missy is tempting...but I better leave those two alone. But, I'm wondering why that Mightyena was guarding this area....bit vicious for just a diamond...

¬¬ ...*Sigh* We'll walk around this area once more. Whnd, be alert. Change, You get next crack at whatever we may run across...

Mega Horny
18th March 2007, 09:54 AM
A wild blademaster ftw!

I gotta get me some balls so I can snare that elsuive bastard!

@Wolfsong: Have you posted? Haven't seen a reply in a while, and I'm afraid I missed it.

@MLG: In good time, my friend.

Blademaster
18th March 2007, 12:27 PM
I gotta get me some balls!

No kidding. :rolleyes:

And I'm not a Pokemon; I'm just horny, dammit! There's a difference! :mad:

Vermillion
18th March 2007, 08:54 PM
Round 1
Phoenixsong
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa058.png
HP/EN-100%/100%
^-Status-^
On The Move
~~~
=)The Quest(=
Pushing through the lush jungle the twitters and clicks of the fauna that inhabit this land echo all around you. Your tiny hound perks up as you slash at some over hanging leaves with your buoy knife and stop dead noticing Cujo. “What is it boy?
you ask and on cue Cujo bares his fangs and spits smalls flames as a huge Arbok[M] slitters a distance away from you. 3 Kakuna[2-M] [1-F] hang on from a tree beside you and a Nuzleaf[F] darts through the trees like an acrobat.

What will you do?

Phoenixsong
18th March 2007, 08:58 PM
Hmm... nice as they are, I'm not all that interested in Kakuna and Nuzleaf, and I don't want to take my chances with that Arbok just yet. I think Cujo and I will just press on for now.

...And, uh, um... you kinda listed Cujo as a female up in that status thing... o.O;;; not so much...

The Blue Avenger
18th March 2007, 10:36 PM
Chris:

Callomuso
HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep
Attacks: Recall ~ Brick Break ~ Confusion ~ Hypnosis

Feebas
HP: 50% | EN: 82% | Status: Held

You begin by swiftly recalling Callomuso and replace him with the aptly named Kappaduck. The Golduck leaps into action, hammering Feebas with a series of punishing karate chops. However, Feebas, now unhindering by Callomuso's tentacles, responds by slamming Kappaduck with a pseudopod of water.
Kappaduck chuckles and waves his arms: Feebas suddenly finds himself hit with a blast of enigmatic energy that seems to warp the area around him. Feebas frowns and begins to attack... but only manages to hit himself.
Finally, Kappaduck stares Feebas in the eyes and successfully manages to hypnotize him into a deep sleep.

Kappaduck
HP: 94% | EN: 89% | Status: Cheery

Feebas
HP: 31% | EN: 75% | Status: Asleep, confused

What do you do now?
Team: Callomuso (HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep), Kappaduck (HP: 94% | EN: 89% | Status: Cheery)

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 01:22 PM
I think now would be a fine time to throw my Poke ball

Part 9

You wander among the higher plateu, the valuable diamond in your pocket. Memories of your catch of Pupitar are in your mind as you see a flock of Zubat going out for a hunt. Nearby you see a Gastly and Haunter slip by as a Sneasel sharpens its claws against a jagged rock. A Metang is hovering above a Larvitar, taunting it.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 03:48 PM
Chris: You toss your Pokeball quickly. It hits Feebas and sucks the fish inside. The ball wiggles once... twice... and three times. Ding! The male Feebas is yours! You pick up your Pokeball and glance around. A Qwilfish is staring at you from the lake, while a school of Magikarp seem to be congregating around... something... underwater. What do you do?
Team: Callomuso (HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep), Kappaduck (HP: 94% | EN: 89% | Status: Cheery)

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 04:11 PM
Whoop! Feebas! What gender is it?

Ok I'd like to dive under the surface of the water with Golduck. I want to explore underwater if that's ok.

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 04:20 PM
Chris: It's male.
You dive underwater with Kappaduck. You see a Chinchou glowing towards the bottom of the lake, and a couple of Barboach swim past. As you get closer, the Magikarp scatter, giving you a full view of what they were examining: a cave in the lakeside. What do you do?

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 04:30 PM
I think I'll keep swimming deeper and enter the mouth of this cavernous tunnel.

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 04:37 PM
Chris: You dive further down with Kappaduck and into the mysterious cave.

New Area Discovered!
Liang's Cave Complex
A mysterious labyrnth of caves and tunnels underneath Ivy Lake. Rare Pokemon can be found here as well as mysterious treasure.

Immediately, the place looks confusing: the rock walls seem to have formed a natural labyrinth, preventing you from knowing where to go. The main cavern branches off into several smaller chambers, each one with smaller exits out of them. In short, it looks like you could get lost here very, very easily, but hey, that's part of the fun, right? What puzzles you, though, is the fact that this cave looks like it was inhabited by humans not too long ago. Discarded electrical and (what seems to be) medical equipment litters the rock floor. A Geodude stares at you suspiciously from the ground, while a Corsola can be seen in the distance. A Kabuto scuttles by, but upon seeing you, runs away. What do you do?

---

I'm going to take another go. I'm buying (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12961&page=21) a Great Ball and a Pokeball, and I'm bringing in Numeron, my male Exeggutor, and King Ramses, my Metagross. I'm headed to the Abandoned Playhouse.

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 04:48 PM
Hyp: I'll keep wandering around the caves.

Safari Zone Quest: Hypotenuse Man
Part 1

You purchase one Great Ball and one Pokeball and are led through the Safari Zone by your guide. With you are Numeron (Exeggutor) and King Ramses (Metagross).

You are taken down a dusty, worn street; signs are broken, windows shattered, papers rustling. It is quiet here, but your guide takes you to your destination; The Abandoned Playhouse.

It is quiet inside; the door is stubborn but when you get in, you are met with a dark, tarnished sight. The seats are dusted and worn; their scarlet colour is diminished due to the lack of life. Some seats are ripped up within this theatre. Behind you is a staircase leading to the lighting room; you see a Raticate scampering up the stairs towards its litter. A Smeargle is rebelliously painting a rude word on a wall and, as you look, you see what is unmistakenly a Flareon asleep on the main stage. An eerie symbol on the wall peels off and floats around; it is an Unown F.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 04:54 PM
Chris: You keep on moving, down one of the many legs of the cavern. You accidentally step on a piece of discarded machinery, and the resulting noise wakes up a flock of Zubat and Golbat, who rush past you and out of the chamber rather quickly. You glance to where they were flocked and see something glinting in the darkness. You can also see three Diglett (or is it a Dugtrio? it's hard to tell) dozing in a corner. Obvious exits are NORTH, SOUTH, and DENNIS. What whilst thou do?

---

I'll move on - let's see what's backstage.

DarkestLight
19th March 2007, 05:07 PM
>> Can I catch that Metang? Like with the Pokeball, or is it a impossible capture at this point? i need to know before I attempt to catch it....

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 05:13 PM
Hmm a glint, huh? I'll have Kappa use flash to light up the darkness and see what it is.

DL: No you won't be able to.

Part 2

As you wander to the front of the stage the Flareon's oily eye flickers open; she darts off back stage and dissapears. You make your way down an aisle towards the front, noticing a Koffing high up in the rafters which emitted a thick curl of smoke. Climbing a set of steps up to the stage you turn to see the vast seating before you; up in the lighting tower you can see a Charmander headbutting the machinery.

You wander backstage; here it is spacious, with old pots of paint, shelves, scenery boards and props all around. A smeargle, in more of a tan shade, is dipping her tail in pink paint and making some sort of drawing, clearly amusing herself.

You see two Meowth rummaging amongst an old costume trunk; they tug a large piece of cloth and a Pokeball rolls across the ground. You pick it up:

+ Inventory:
-Greatball x1
-Pokeball x2

Among the debris and old scenery you see a Cyndaquil fast asleep. What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 05:18 PM
Chris: Kappaduck uses Flash, and suddenly, the entire chamber is lit up, causing the Digletts to awaken with a start and dig away. The glint, however, is revealed to be a valuable Diamond. You pocket the Diamond and look around. there are no Pokemon in this chamber: the Flash has driven them away. What do you do?
Inventory: 1 Great Ball, 1 Diamond

(1)

---

I will look through the costume trunk for stuff, and then move along past the sleeping Cyndaquil as quietly as possible.

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 05:22 PM
DIAMOND!!!11 awesome!! Woop :)

Umm I'll walk on through to the next chamber. You know we could do with finding a way out that doesn't involve a lungfull of water......

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 05:25 PM
Heheh, Chris, you missed my update. ^^;

---
Chris: You keep on truckin', walking carefully through the complex. A Graveller rolls past you, seemingly oblivious, and you have to shoo a Zubat from your head: it would seem that it was a member of the herd that just swept past you. Meanwhile, an Omanyte and a Kabuto seem to be feuding, alternately spraying each other with water. What do you do?

(2)

Mega Horny
19th March 2007, 05:25 PM
MLG

You start off by giving your Misdreavus some commands, and then you begin to climb another nearby tree, to see what the deal is with Set. You watch Misdreavus land a sucessful thunderwave on Vileplume, sucessfully paralyzing it, and then you focus your sights on Beedrill -- and more importantly, his opponent. A huge Foretress is slamming its rigid form into your Beedrill, time and time again. You command it to use a Double Team, gaining temporary protection. Foretress manages to wipe out three of the eight clones with a rapid spin.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
76% Energy
5 clones.

84% Health
81% Energy
Paralyzed.

Vileplume (M)
90% Health
93% Energy
Paralyzed.

Foretress (?)
82% Health
85% Energy
Grrr.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Chris 2.1
19th March 2007, 05:33 PM
Oops :-/

Umm Kappa I think we should retrace our steps...I think we should explore somewhere else. Let's head back to the entrance to the underwater tunnel. Fend off any Pokemon if you wish.

Part 3

You have a look through the costume trunk but cannot find anything cool except a flamboyant pirate hat and a rather foisty eyepatch. You catch the attention of a little Ralts, who is chuckling. You wander down the backstage area and see a tiny little Growlithe Puppy - cute! Unfortunately you recieve a sharp bite from an elder Growlithe that has snuck up behind you. Growlithe looks like it wants to protect its young...and seems to want a fight.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
19th March 2007, 06:12 PM
Let's see... Numeron shall teleport me somewhere else in the theater. Also, I want to keep that hat and eyepatch. :P

---

Chris: You start heading back to the entrance. Kappaduck keeps a sharp eye out, but does not have to do much aside from spraying water at a Lileep who strayed too close. At the mouth of the cave, you can see into the lake, where a Lombre and a Dratini are trading blows. A Poliwag is watching, but turns its attention to you. What do you do?

Vermillion
20th March 2007, 09:33 AM
Round 2
Phoenixsong
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-100%/100%
^-Status-^
On The Move
~~~
=)The Quest(=
Quickly by passing the large serpent and cocoon creatures you delve farther into the steamy jungle. You reach a circular clearing and stop to crouch, peering through foliage. A pair of Treecko [M & F] scamper about in a wrestling match while in the distance a Burly Ivysaur[M] practices its Vine Whip on a piece of deadfall. Over head a cluster of Beedrill swarm by, looking rather menacing...

What will you do?

Chris 2.1
20th March 2007, 10:32 AM
Kappa fire a hypnosis to lull the fighting Pokemon to sleep. Then lets dive back to the surface.

Sensing a fight, Numeron glows a vivid colour and you are teleported away. In a burst of light you arrive somewhere else; one look tells you that you are in the lighting room upstairs. There is a big glass screen which you look out of and see a myriad of Pokemon below in the theatre. Up here is a big control panel which controls the lighting.

There is a group of Charmander in the corner; the same one you saw previously. There is also a Porygon that is beeping around merrily. You also see an Abra, fast asleep. There is a rough growling heard on the staircase.

What will you do?

MeLoVeGhOsTs
20th March 2007, 11:55 AM
What happened to my double icebeam?

Beedrill, set up a Reflect and then flee down to Vileplume, use Fury Cutter twice on Vileplume.

Persephone you go ahead and Flash Vileplume, then use Icebeam once more and finish with Confuse Ray.

Phoenixsong
20th March 2007, 03:22 PM
Ah, Treecko! Hmm... I do want one... I am quite tempted... but the Ivysaur... arrgh! Ohhh... well... I can't decide. I think Cujo and I should keep a low profile for now, especially with those Beedrill around. Cujo can sniff around a bit... he might discover a different Pokémon, or perhaps some Pokéballish-type-things.

Yo, Saff... you there?

DarkestLight
20th March 2007, 04:47 PM
Drat. Well ok then. We're out of here... for now. Trogdor mountain, here we come!

Or Troldgar...*whistle*

Chris 2.1
20th March 2007, 05:05 PM
TROLGAR :-/ You evidently don't read my fic :p

Part 10

After dissapearing from Grave's Yard, you wander to the next location; Trolgar mountain. At the foot of the large mountain you see large chunks of shrubbery and plantlife around the dusty earth as you begin your hike. The sky is clear, the air is crisp, and the oxygen low as you begin your hike.

A Cyndaquil runs along the path ahead as you see a Geodude hopping after it, angry. A Diglett also pops up briefly, but dissapears as a Skarmory searches the skies.

What will you do?

DarkestLight
21st March 2007, 05:57 AM
Heh, Wynd you like mountains. You should feel a bit better up here.

Wonder whats up with ol' Rock face over there.

Naa, dun want him. Lets keep going for a bit.

Chris 2.1
21st March 2007, 10:54 AM
Part 11

You wander on up the winding path that clings to the side of the mountain. Along the way you see more and more Geodude; a lot are sleeping peacefully as you wander past. A Numel is ambling along calmly, giving a long yawn; it doesn't even notice a pair of Cyndaquil leaping over its hump and scurrying around the corner. A Lairon stomps onto the scene, looking at you with intrigue.

What will you do?

Vermillion
21st March 2007, 11:51 AM
Round 3
Phoenixsong
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-100%/100%
^-Status-^
On The Move
~~~
=)The Quest(=
Keeping a low profile you and Cujo sneak around the clearing as the Beedrill soar right over but you suddenly step on a rather loud twig snapping it. The Ivysaur hear this and blindly throws a Razor Leaf into your hiding spot which Cujo deflects with his flames. Exposed for the hunter you are the Treecko flee with fear but the Ivysaur stamps and paws the ground, whips lashing the air...

What will you do?

Saffire Persian
21st March 2007, 02:03 PM
Well, nothing really looks good to me, Rast. As much as we'd love to help those poor beat-upon workers, I'm not fond of pig-monkey's. So lets move on and see what we find a little ways from here.

Phoenixsong
21st March 2007, 03:16 PM
Eh, well... I suppose that's gone and made up my mind for me, hasn't it? The Treecko are gone and I doubt that the Ivysaur's going to let us get away. Well, let's try this.

Cujo, I know we've startled Mr. Ivysaur there, but let's see if'n we can't smooth things over with him. Saunter up, nice and easy, apologize for putting him on edge and ask him if he'd like to lend his strength to our merry band of thieves growing family. If he accepts, I'll catch him with my Great Ball. If he denies, then, well, we're not giving him a choice. Use Safeguard to keep any bad status away, then try to paralyze him with Dragonbreath. End with Flamethrower.

Safeguard ~ Dragonbreath ~ Flamethrower

--

Saffire Persian

Loath as you are to leave the quarrymen in peril, you’re not interested in any of the Pokémon you see here and decide to keep hiking; you’re certain that they’ll be able to take care of themselves, anyway. You pass by the Geodude and the other Pokémon, keeping your eyes out for any more activity as you do so. A few minutes of walking brings you to a place where the quarry walls are not so steep and possibly easy to climb. A female Sandshrew sitting in the shade of a small rocky outcrop notices you, hisses angrily and darts up the side of the mountain, presumably looking for one of her usual hidey-holes. As your eyes follow her up the wall, you catch a glimpse of something large and green. Curious, you edge a bit closer—and you do NOT step on the second female Geodude you see, leaving her to grumble in her doze—and see, to your great astonishment, a magnificent male Flygon basking lazily in the sunlight, wings outspread to collect the warmth. You would keep gazing at the marvelous dragon just a little longer, but a cry from Rast diverts your attention. Apparently, a pugnacious little female Diglett has popped up out of the ground to pester him. Before you can decide how to best shoo the tiny annoyance off, you notice that her father—or is it “fathers”?—is watching you from a distance. The Dugtrio appears calm for now, but he might become angry if you try anything with his baby…

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)- 100% Health, 100% Energy, annoyed by the bothersome baby Diglett

Charles Legend
21st March 2007, 08:03 PM
Um, I thought that the Unown were band because of them only knowing hidden power?

Also I liked say that I liiked that first Smergle's personality the one that was writing a bad word, And cool there are wild Flygons in the Safari Zone, now that is very Interesting to know...

Saddy I don't have any points, so I well just have to wait before I can do anything here other then read the topic....

~Charles Legend

Saffire Persian
21st March 2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I'd love that Flygon. Unfortunately, we have come unprepared, and it looks like we might just be ganged up upon if we try to attack the little... mole... thing. As the usual in the Safari Zone, move on, and keep and eye out for any Pokémon that might stick out from the norm. Hi-ho.

Chris 2.1
22nd March 2007, 05:05 AM
Charles: You're right - Hidden Power is a banned move. But the Unown will not attack. They serve a different purpose. You should all be aware that we have a lot of final evolutions here....most of them in fact. There are a select few we do not have so I suggest you do come along and check the zone out when you have the points.

Andrew
22nd March 2007, 05:46 AM
Question, if we say buy two Pokeballs, and we haven't yet caught anything, can we then buy a further Pokeball and then add an additional Pokemon to our Party mid-way through the trip? Or everything up front?

Chris 2.1
22nd March 2007, 07:43 AM
No everything is up front.

Blademaster
22nd March 2007, 03:07 PM
Charles: You're right - Hidden Power is a banned move.

And... there's a rational reason for this... where, exactly?

Chris 2.1
22nd March 2007, 03:13 PM
Every single attack list discussion we've ever had. But to save time I'll elaborate: Hidden Power was seen as a difficult move to handle. Having an attack that serves as any of the 17 types. Is it randomly generated? Would it be a different type after each use, or would it stay true to the games? If the latter is true we would need to keep track of whose Pokemon had what hidden power to make sure people didn't cheat and claim it was a type that it wasn't.

In addition the power of the attack (as well as type) is affected by the Pokemons IVs. This meant actually deciding the power, accuracy, effects and description of the attack was going to cause some debate. And in the end, considering the other attacks out there, the general consensus seemed to be that it wasn't worth the effort.

However in accordance with our revamped attack list we are including Hidden Power as a new move. However due to the reasons above it won't be much like the game version. I hope that answers your question.

Phoenixsong
22nd March 2007, 03:44 PM
Um... I have an idea about how HP might work... but meh. Off-topic. Later.

Saffire Persian

Flygon is certainly a rare and magnificent find, but, alas, you did not come prepared to capture such a powerful Pokémon. You and Rast are also quite eager to get away from the annoying little Diglett and her watchful parent(s), so the two of you move along. To your great chagrin, the baby mole is not content to let you “escape” and continues popping up all around you and Rast as you walk, apparently intent on provoking some sort of reaction; her father(s) follow at a distance to ascertain that you don’t hurt her. Doing your best to ignore the moles, you and your faithful Vaporeon trek onward; you look up as a second’s worth of shade passes over your head and see a female Vibrava making wide circles above you. To your left, a Phanpy and a Machop, both female, are wrestling playfully; to your right, you can see the blank and slightly sinister face of a Hitmonlee watching you closely.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)- 100% Health, 100% Energy, annoyed by the bothersome baby Diglett and slightly unnerved by the Hitmonlee and Vibrava

Saffire Persian
22nd March 2007, 06:11 PM
If we can't get a Flygon, a Vibrva'll do I suppose. First, use Acid Armor to raise defense. Then attack the dragonfly above you with Ice Beam aim for one of its wings and try to freeze it. Finish off with Water Pulse .

DarkestLight
22nd March 2007, 06:46 PM
Oooh man, Lairon x_x Taunter! Well, we better keep hiking on. Numel's aren't my thing....

The Blue Avenger
22nd March 2007, 10:55 PM
Chris: Kappaduck uses Hypnosis, and the squabbling Pokemon drift gently off to sleep. Meanwhile, you surface once again at the top of Ivy Lake, disturbing a group of skating Surskit. You look around after shaking the water off and see a family of Lotad wandering on the shore. Something nudges your leg, and you see a Dratini quickly swim off. What do you do?

Team: Callomuso (HP: 81% | EN: 81% | Status: Asleep), Kappaduck (HP: 94% | EN: 86% | Status: Cheery)

---

I'll head out of the room, away from the staircase if possible.

Chris 2.1
23rd March 2007, 11:22 AM
Nothing here particularly gets my attention. I think I'll leave Ivy Lake - I've caught my little Feebas so I'm pleased. I want to head to Grave's Yard to catch my last Pokemon.

Part 12

On and on you trek up Trolgar Mountain. The biting winds have died down and it is actually quite warm. More Geodude hop along grumpily as a group of Magnemite fizz and spark as they drift along. Suddenly, you see three of the group merge together and glow brightly....and in no time a Magneton has formed. The other Magnemite watch jealously and they continue to drift along. A Skarmory sweeps across the skies.

There is a deep wheesh and you see, up ahead, a Torkoal struggling to breathe. It stands there, exhausted as a Rhyhorn gives it a heavy smash. Torkoal staggers back in pain.

What will you do?

Hypotenuse Man
Part 5

You look around. There is no way down except through the staircase, and the rumbling growl is louder. You approach it carefully and see that a Persian is standing there, growling at a young Magby. The Magby gives a terrified cry and rushes behind you. Persian, upon seeing you, slinks off down the staircase and down an aisle of seats slowly. You follow precautiously, seeing a Smoochum happily freezing a seat and encasing it in thick ice. A Ralts watches with glee.

What will you do?

Wolfsong
23rd March 2007, 11:59 AM
I'll continue onwards. I'm not all that interested in poliwag or chinchou and I already have a marill.

The Blue Avenger
24th March 2007, 10:53 AM
I'll start by asking the Magby if he'd like to travel with me. If yes, I'll hold out a Pokeball; if no, I'll challenge him to a battle using Numeron. Numeron will start using Sleep Powder, then continue until it works, then use Stun Spore, continue until that works, then finish with Poison Powder.

Sleep Powder ~ Sleep Powder/Stun Spore ~ Sleep Powder/Stun Spore/Poisonpowder

---

Chris:
Out of nowhere, a friendly Mr. Mime pops in an Teleports you to Grave's Yard. Immediately, a swarm of Zubat and Golbat rush past you, create an ominous sense of being in a horror movie. You hear a Mightyena howl in the distance. A Shuppet is floating with the wind near a couple of tombstones near you. What do you do?

DarkestLight
24th March 2007, 11:56 PM
Torkoal in trouble!

I don't have a fire type, but Torkoal's are kinda cute...

Sure, let's help out. Change. Brick Break on Rhyhorn's backside to get his attention. Followed by a Mach Punch. End with a Counter if he charges you.

Chris 2.1
25th March 2007, 11:26 AM
TBA: I'll keep going. I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Part 6

You turn towards the Magby and asks if it would join you. He looks at you, joyous, and leaps forward as you hurl the Pokeball towards him. Magby is absorbed by the bright white light and the ball drops to the ground. A ping is heard and the ball is teleported to the entrance of the Safari Zone for you to pick up at a later date.

+ New Pokemon!
Magby - [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa240.png

Pleased at your capture, you wander on down the aisle towards the stage. You see another little Ralts playfully clambering among the seats. In the rafters, a group of Koffing and Weezing and spewing out toxic gases. You hear a pathetic growl and see a Snubbull eagerly tugging at your heel.

What will you do?

Part 13

Tyrogue leaps up to take on Rhyhorn. The weakened Torkoal watches next to you as Tyrogue deals a slamming smash to the rhino's hide. He responds by charging furiously, which Change meets head-on with a devestatingly fast punch. Reeling, Rhyhorn doesn't back down, and leaps up for a body slam. Change prepares to counter it, but Torkoal leaps in the way, erecting a protect shield around you and your Pokemon. Rhyhorn smashes off it and slides to the ground, weak.

It is at this point the guide explains you should probably run. like. crud. As you prepare to bolt off, Torkoal asks if it may join you. Eagerly, it seems. Will you capture Torkoal? Bear in mind this is your last Pokeball and capturing Torkoal will mean you end your Safari Zone Quest.

The Blue Avenger
25th March 2007, 06:14 PM
I will keep moving.

---

Chris
(Part 1)
You keep on moving, finding yourself near a giant tombstone with a stone angel on it. Peeking around it is a Shuppet. A quick caw from a nearby Murkrow, however, sends the Shuppet floating away. Meanwhile, a Kadabra is perched on a nearby grave, amusing himself by bending some spoons. A glint in some shadows alerts you to an Absol's presence. What do you do?

Chris 2.1
26th March 2007, 10:06 AM
I'll battle that Murkrow. Go Kappa! Use ice beam to start with. Then use a psychic and blizzard combo to ensnare it in an icy vortex.

Part 7

You wander on through the playhouse towards the stage. You can see a Chansey happily saying its name as it waddles around. From here you can see a Raticate gnawing on a chair. There are Rattatta everywhere! Nearby you gasp in surprise as a Vaporeon slowly slinks out from her sleeping spot. This rare water Pokemon wanders up to the main stage and dissapears behind a stage curtain. You also see a Metang hovering around.

What will you do?

Mega Horny
26th March 2007, 02:49 PM
MLG

Vileplume obviously found some way to stop one of the ice beams.

Your beedrill sets up a clear reflect barrier to protect itself against Foretress' physical moves, while you command your Misdreavus to distract the wild Vileplume with a bright flash. Before Vileplume can react, Beedrill swoops down, followed by an angry Foretress. A grovyle appears to be watching from the bushes. Persephone then fires a blue beam of mist into Vileplume, knocking it back. Frustrated, Vileplume attempts to retaliate with a Petal Dance, but stumbles and falls ove, still blinded, leaving Beedrill to hit it with two vicious fury cutters. It staggers up and showers Beedrill, his clones and Foretress with a sleep powder, before being subdued by Persephone's confuse ray.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
71% Energy
2 functioning clones, slightly drowsy. Reflect (5)

84% Health
73% Energy
Paralyzed.

Vileplume (M)
78% Health
87% Energy
Paralyzed, Blinded, Confused.

Foretress (?)
82% Health
85% Energy
Asleep.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Wolfsong

You half-heartedly continue down the beach, but, you see nothing else of interest. Growlithe has curled into a ball on the ground, relaxing, and Dragonite appears bored by the passive species living on the beach. You don't spot anything new. Just a few Lombre lazing about, and a dead Whiscash carcass's odour piercing your tender nostrils. The beach seems generally uninteresting right now.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Bored.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Bored.

DarkestLight
26th March 2007, 05:13 PM
Oh it's not over. We will be back to fight another day. Torkoal, yer cool with me. We'll take ya along!

Sweet, a Fire Type.

Wolfsong
27th March 2007, 12:09 AM
I think its time for a change fo scenery and we will head to Ivy Woods.

Chris 2.1
27th March 2007, 08:05 AM
Part 14

YUou throw your Pokeball at Torkoal, who willingly lets itself become absorbed by the flash of red light. The Pokeball pulls the tortoise in, clamping shut and dropping to the ground, where it wobbles once, twice and a third consecutive time.

On your way up Trolgar Mountain you make your second sucessful capture and the ball soon dissapears! With that, your Guide releases a large Claydol and the two of you are teleported away.

In the lobby you are presented with your two new Pokemon:

New Pokemon!
Torkoal [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa324.png
Pupitar [M]
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa247.png

You are also given the Diamond that you found in Grave's Yard.

"Hold onto this," the Guide tells you. "You'll need it soon..."

Thanks for entering the Safari Zone! Remember to get both your new Pokemon approved!

DarkestLight
27th March 2007, 05:23 PM
Alright! Man, superb!

MeLoVeGhOsTs
28th March 2007, 08:53 AM
Beedrill, use Focus energy and regain your concentration. Then Twinneedle on Vileplume twice.

Ok, Persephone use Icebeam on Vileplume, then trap it with Meanlook and finish with Defense Curl.

Then we'll toss the Ultraball, it's Confused, Paralyzed, trapped and damaged quite decently. It should be enough.

The Blue Avenger
28th March 2007, 02:10 PM
Let's see... I think I'll follow the Vaporeon and see what other Pokemon are behind the curtain.

---

Chris:
(2)

Kappaduck
HP: 94% | EN: 86% | Status: Cheery
Moves: Ice Beam ~ Psychic + Blizzard

Murkrow:
HP: 100% | EN: 86% | Status: Okay
Moves: ?

You send out Kappaduck, who takes a fighting stance opposite Murkrow. Murkrow takes the initiative and begins Taunting Kappaduck, who responds predictably: he seems really freaking angry. Kappaduck responds by blasting the crow with a frigid ray of ice, causing Murkrow to caw in pain.
Murkrow responds by performing an intricate Featherdance. Kappaduck gets lost in the mesmerizing moves for a bit, causing his focus (and his attack power) to drop. However, he still manages to call up a fierce Blizzard. Kappaduck glows blue and the Blizzard suddenly wraps itself around Murkrow, amplifying its effect. Kappaduck, however, can't hold it forever and lets the Blizzard whoosh away. Murkrow, shivering, slams Kappaduck with its wing, knocking him back.

Kappaduck
HP: 88% | EN: 86% | Status: Taunted, attack dropped severely

Murkrow:
HP: 71% | EN: 86% | Status: Cold, angry

Chris 2.1
28th March 2007, 03:20 PM
Screech, Water Pulse, Ice Beam.

Part 8

Inventory:
-One Great Ball
-One Pokeball

You follow the Vaporeon quietly past the curtain and find yourself backstage again. Here there is a little Smoochum dancing happily around a large trapdoor set into the floor. A group of small Eevee huddle around the mother Vaporeon as she lays down in the corner. A Zubat and Golbat flock out towards you and shoot up to the rafters of the large building.

As you look around the disused area, you see an Abra fast asleep.

What will you do?

Vermillion
31st March 2007, 02:03 PM
Round 4
Phoenixsong VS. Ivysaur
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-100%/100%
^-Status-^
Gearing up for a fight
*-Attacks-*
Safegaurd | Dragonbreath | Flamethrower

Ivysaur(M)
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa002.png
HP/EN-100%/100%
^-Status-^
Ready for battle
*-Attacks-*
? | ? | ?

~~~
=)The Battle(=
Dispite feeling protective Cujo abides to your commands and saunters over to make peace and entice the plant dino to join your ranks. Cujo is no fool though and safely sets up a Safeguard by covering his body in sparkling silver light. An inch from the Ivysaur Cujo is smacked across the muzzle by a Vine Whip and he snarls with malice at his opponent. Strike 1 for the nice guy approach…

The flame pup back pedals a bit and fires a stream of intense green flames at Ivysaur who lowers his head and charges with a Skull Bash. The flames are pushed back by the speeding beast but the secondary effects of Dragonbreath kick in, paralyzing him.

Neatly left open for attack, Cujo burns his opponent with a powerful Flamethrower, singeing his center flower bud black. Ivysaur can only groan with pain.

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-95%/87%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 4 Rounds
Angery

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-91%/84%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt flower bud

The Blue Avenger
31st March 2007, 02:21 PM
Chris:

Kappaduck
HP: 88% | EN: 86% | Status: Taunted, attack dropped severely
Attacks: Screech, Water Pulse, Ice Beam

Murkrow:
HP: 71% | EN: 86% | Status: Cold, angry

Murkrow begins by divebombing straight at Kappaduck, but Kappaduck responds by letting out a loud screech. The sonic wave assaults Murkrow's ears, making it forget completely what it was doing as it falls to the ground.
On a roll, Kappaduck continues by blasting a jet of brigh blue water at Murkrow. The attack hits home, but Murkrow is not going to take that sitting down: it flaps into the air and tries to divebomb Kappaduck again, this time succeeding.
Kappaduck scowls and spits a ray of frigid ice. The Ice Beam nails Murkrow, who recoils and responds in turn by disappearing into thin air. Before Kappaduck can process this, Murkrow smacks him from behind.

Kappaduck
HP: 74% | EN: 73% | Status: Mildly Taunted, attack dropped severely

Murkrow:
HP: 51% | EN: 74% | Status: Cold, angry, defense dropped severely

---

I think I'll go over to the Eevee family and see if I can't get the attention of one of the Eevees.

Chris 2.1
31st March 2007, 03:56 PM
Ok then Kappa use ice beam, iron tail and a final ice beam.

Part 9

Inventory:
-One Great Ball
-One Pokeball

You wander towards the Eevees calmly. They are all very small, but the Vaporeon watches you suspiciously. As you engage in eye contact with them, one of the males of the group leap forward, growling in an adorably threatening way. It wants a battle.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
31st March 2007, 04:02 PM
Kappaduck
HP: 74% | EN: 73% | Status: Mildly Taunted, attack dropped severely
Attacks: Ice Beam ~ Iron Tail ~ Ice Beam

Murkrow:
HP: 51% | EN: 74% | Status: Cold, angry, defense dropped severely

Murkrow starts by once more flying straight at Kappaduck, but once again Kappaduck blasts it out of the sky with Ice Beam. Murkrow caws and finishes his attack: a harsh Peck attack that leaves Kappaduck with a bit of a headache.
Kappaduck snickers and whips his tail around: the tail, coated with an iron sheen, slams Murkrow hard, leaving it dazed. However, it retaliates with a beam of darkness. The Night Shade hits home, leaving Kappaduck reeling.
Murkrow's eyes glint as it prepares to Snatch the effects of Kappaduck's move. However, Kappaduck defies the Murkrow's prediction and blasts him again with Ice Beam.

Kappaduck
HP: 64% | EN: 55% | Status: Attack dropped severely

Murkrow:
HP: 19% | EN: 65% | Status: Cold, angry, defense dropped severely

---

I'll send out Numeron, my Exeggutor, and have him use Sleep Powder, followed by Stun Spore and Toxic.

Chris 2.1
31st March 2007, 04:33 PM
I'll throw my Great Ball!

Part 10

In a flash, Numeron appeared befote the hardy looking Eevee. He shook his mane of leaves and a thick powder rustled out, filtering through the air. Many of the Eevee were out the radius, and the Mother erected a safeguard to protect them. But the fighter, distanced, took the full force and began to fall asleep.

The sleeping Eevee lay there; Numeron was about to unleash a stun spore when the collective screeches of an Eevee pack rang through the small theatre, distracting Exeggutor. It seemed the little cubs weren't letting their brother lose so badly.

Focusing, Numeron spat a deadly poison that slowly seeped into Eevee's skin, stabbing and aching inside the little Pokemon. Satisfied, Numeron didn't see a pair of Eevee cubs sneak up from behind and tackle him. He staggered forward into the wall and turned back, but the Eevee had melded into the innocent-looking pack that sat calmly behind their mother.

It might be wise to do this in a hurry.

Numeron - Male
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa103.png
95%HP || 90% Energy

VS

Eevee - Male
http://pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa133.png
98%HP || 95% Energy
Asleep
Poisoned

The Blue Avenger
31st March 2007, 04:43 PM
Chris:
You toss the Great Ball. It hits Murkrow and wiggles once... twice... three times.

Congratulations! You've caught a male Murkrow!

The guide's Mr. Mime pops up out of nowhere, Teleports you to the entrance, hands you the Pokeballs with the Feebas and the Murkrow, and advises you to hold onto the Diamond before ushering you out... all in under a minute. Wow, efficient.

---

Numeron will use Dream Eater until Eevee wakes up, at which point he'll keep using Psychic.

Chris 2.1
31st March 2007, 05:14 PM
Numeron - Male
95%HP || 90% Energy
Dream Eater (Until Foe Wakes) -- Psychic

VS

Eevee - Male
98%HP || 95% Energy
Asleep
Poisoned

Numeron glows as he begins drinking the spirit of Eevee's dreams. The cubs watch on, scared, but the mother reminds them that her son chose to battle and they must honour that. They continue to watch.

Eevee weakens slowly, still not waking from slumber. The silent torture continues as Numeron restores his own health.

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 89% Energy

VS

Eevee - Male
67%HP || 70% Energy
Asleep
Poisoned

The Blue Avenger
31st March 2007, 05:21 PM
Numeron will Dream Eater once, then swap to Giga Drain.

Dream Eater ~ Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2007, 06:53 PM
Part 12

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 89% Energy
Dream Eater -- Giga Drain x2

VS

Eevee - Male
67%HP || 70% Energy
Asleep
Poisoned

Again Numeron pulsated a demonic dark glow; Eevee was soon encased in an identical finish as his health was eaten away through his dreams. Eevee rolled around lightly, eyes slowly opening as she saw Exeggutor loom over him.

Exeggutor throbbed a powerful green this time; Eevee felt weaker and, getting up, was dizzy as his health was being leeched away by Numeron's powerful grass attack. He chargedat Numeron and dealt a powerful take down attack.

Despite this, Exeggutor repeated the giga drain, severely exhausting Eevee as he struggled to stay with it. He fired off a shadow ball, striking his foe and managing to help swing the battle in his favour.

Numeron - Male
93%HP || 80% Energy

VS

Eevee - Male
38%HP || 53% Energy
Poisoned

The Blue Avenger
2nd April 2007, 07:48 PM
Now... I'll throw a Pokeball!

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2007, 07:54 PM
Safari Zone Quest: Part 13
Part 13

Numeron - Male
93%HP || 80% Energy
Throw Pokeball!

VS

Eevee - Male
38%HP || 53% Energy
Poisoned

Eevee is staggering. You pluck the Pokeball from your belt, arch your arm back and release the ball, managing to hit it squarely in the head. The Eevee is absorbed by the surging red light, drawn in and collected in the sphere as it drops to the floor.

With each roll the Eevee's watch, upset. Vaporeon watches sensibly. The ball finally pings and stops for a brief moment before it is transported to the lobby of the Safari Zone.

+ New Pokemon!
{Male}

You turn back to the area you were at, noticing the trap door set into the ground.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
2nd April 2007, 07:58 PM
I'll bid adieu to the Eevee family and examine that trapdoor.

Chris 2.1
3rd April 2007, 06:55 AM
Part 14

You examine the dusty trapdoor in the floor of the playhouse. You heave it open and see a very tightly would staircase leading into darkened entity. Wandering down, deciding to recall both your Pokemon, you feel the temperature drop colder and colder as the darkness swallows you.

You stop when you find a big thick door before you. Feeling for the handle you try opening it, but to no avail. Time has crusted this door firmly shut. A Meteor Mash from Metagross solves this problem, and as you smash the door open you find light flooding into the stairwell as you find yourself in an old, parlour-style room.

It appears this is the fabled 'green room', where Actors would relax before going on stage. With a very pale yellow on the walls and a dusty old carpet, you see very old chairs and settees set around the room. To your right are changing rooms. A disgustingly strong stench comes from the Female changing room.

You see a Quilava, flame quills down, lounging on one of the chairs. A large painting of a crying woman glows and transforms back to a pink, slippery Ditto that looks around in surprise. You also see a Chansey fast asleep.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
3rd April 2007, 01:48 PM
I suppose I'll go see what's up in the changing room.

Chris 2.1
3rd April 2007, 04:24 PM
Part 15

You walk towards the changing room and push the door open. The stench is overpowering as you see a large Muk digesting a victorian-era frock. He gives a loud burp and watches you coldly. A group of Grimer also spill out under your legs and wander on into the Green Room.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2007, 01:17 PM
I'll leave. Quickly.

Chris 2.1
4th April 2007, 02:15 PM
Safari Zone Quest: TheBlueAvenger
Part 16

Quickly turning, you shut the door on the large Muk and wander around the large lounge area. You see a group of Smeargle defacing the wall, as well as a cluster of Cyndaquil relaxing in the corner. A Gastly floats around eerily as you see a door lying ahead. Opening it, you find a long dark corridor, and a bright, electric flash eminated at the end.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2007, 02:16 PM
I'll go examine that flash.

Chris 2.1
4th April 2007, 02:18 PM
Part 17

You wander on down the passageway - it seems to be leading to the electricity source. You find a Voltorb and a Jolteon firing off flashes of lightening frantically. They are standing around a large generator.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2007, 02:21 PM
I think I'll keep moving.

Chris 2.1
4th April 2007, 03:23 PM
Part 18

You walk back out of the corridor, since it is one-way. You are back in the lounge, noticing that a number of Unown are spelling a rude word on the wall. Basically, there's an F, a U and a C, and they're not spelling Faunicate.

A Zubat and Golbat are hanging upside down aptly, while a Snubbul sniffs around eagerly. It glows white and, before your eyes, evolves into a powerful Granbull that clenches his fists tightly and gives a bark.

Nearby you see an Abra, Ralts and Mr Mime trying on a variety of funny hats.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2007, 03:24 PM
I'll grab a funny hat - preferably a fez or a stovepipe hat - and then keep moving.

Mega Horny
4th April 2007, 03:31 PM
MLG

Beedrill begins to glow, focusing it's thoughts, while Persephone hits Vileplume with another ice beam. Vileplume struggles to evade the onslaught, but merely topples over to be jabbed by Set's twineedle. At this point, Mean Look won't do anything, as Vileplume can barely see, but, fear not, as this Pokemon won't be escaping any time soon. Beedrill hits it with one last twineedle, and Misdreavus struggled to curl it's ghostly form into a ball. However, the only thing it suceeds in doing is to look constipated.

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- Nothing

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
62% Energy
2 functioning clones, brimming with energy. Reflect (4)

84% Health
61% Energy
Paralyzed.

Foretress (?)
82% Health
85% Energy
Asleep.

NEW TEAM MEMBER
Vileplume (M)
Waiting for you in the lobby.
*~*~*

What will you do?

Wolfsong

*sigh* FINALLY.

You get the hell outta there as fast as possible, running into the nearby woods. The woods are fairly thin, and sun can be seen shining through the trees. A crowd of Skiploom are leaping around, and a Ninjask is buzzing around a nearby tree. You hear a loud rumbling coming towards you.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Bored.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Bored.

Chris 2.1
4th April 2007, 03:31 PM

Your guide watches on in apparent disgust as you find a Fez, giggle and proceed on through the downstairs area. There are more Smeargle racing around eagerly, while a Metang gives an odd crooning noise as it floats up to the backstage area.

An Espeon also wanders past you slowly, before darting into the male changing room for a sleep. You see a Growlithe going to sleep in the corner as a Perisan plays with its tail.

What will you do?

The Blue Avenger
4th April 2007, 03:37 PM
YES! I'll follow that Espeon and ask it if it wants to join my team. If yes, I'll throw a Great Ball; if not, I'll send out Exeggutor and have him use Sleep Powder ~ Stun Spore ~ Toxic.

Wolfsong
4th April 2007, 04:02 PM
Not exactly the bug i was looking for but not too bad either. I'll send Horatio forwards and have him start by asking the ninjask if it would like to join my team. If not willingly i'll have horatio once the ninjask is away from the tree trap it with fire spin then use toxic and finally finish with flamethrower.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th April 2007, 03:50 AM
I'll go somewhere else, you can decide where.

Chris 2.1
6th April 2007, 05:26 AM
Just a note: MH use a randomiser to decide where MLG will go next since he does not specify.

Part 20

You engage the Espeon in conversation, but it is clear that she does not want to simply wander into your Pokeball. The match begins!

Numeron - Male
93%HP || 80% Energy
Sleep Powder -- Stun Spore -- Toxic

VS

Espeon - Female
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa196.png
95%HP || 80% Energy
? -- ? -- ?

Exeggutor gave a shake as he sprayed out a thick, nasty collection of spores. Espeon glowed as she used her psychic powers to hold off the spores, collecting them into a large swarm and redirecting them off into the main Green Room, where the majority of the Pokemon fell asleep.

Angry, Exeggutor carried on with the next phase, releasing paralysing spores that swept across the arena. Panting, the Espeon struggled to hold these ones off and inhaled deeply, gasping and feeling stiff. Nevertheless, she darted forward with a quick attack and managed to strike Numeron hard.

Numeron was not in the least bit worried, spitting off a toxic gloop. Espeon, however, split into five duplicates, spaced out in the small changing room. Numeron muttered to himself as the round ended.

Numeron - Male
88%HP || 72% Energy

VS

Espeon - Female
95%HP || 63% Energy
Paralysed
Five Clones

The Blue Avenger
6th April 2007, 09:44 AM
Okay... widespread Sleep Powder until it works. Then Nightmare and Giga Drain.

Phoenixsong
7th April 2007, 04:48 PM
Whoops, sorry it took so long to get back... anywho.

Hm. Flamethrower twice and then chill, I think, Cujo. I want to see where the Ivysaur is after that.

Saffire Persian

Well, if you can’t have a Flygon then a Vibrava is the next best thing, right?

-Saffire Persian vs. Wild Vibrava, Round One-

-Stats-

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)
100% Health
100% Energy
Doing his very best to ignore the Diglett
Commands: Acid Armor ~ Ice Beam ~ Water Pulse

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa329.png
Wild (F)
100% Health
100% Energy
Lazily watching the Vaporeon below her

-Battle-

Not wanting to enter into battle unprepared, Rast closes his eyes and concentrates; he focuses on all of the water in his body and drastically increases its surface tension, strengthening his defenses. Curious, the Vibrava circles a bit lower… and is hit in the wing by an Ice Beam. Thick ice quickly encases her wing and side and sends her crashing helplessly to the ground. Rast continues his assault by screeching loudly at Vibrava and releasing a blast of water at the same time.

-End Battle-

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)
100% Health
87% Energy
Defense +2 (-4% physical damage taken); pleased

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa329.png
Wild (F)
79% Health
100% Energy
Frozen

-End Round One-

The Vibrava struggles on the ground in an attempt to free herself from the ice and glares menacingly at you and Rast as she does so. The Machop, Phanpy and Hitmonlee watch you closely; the Diglett, meanwhile, has seen just how powerful Rast is and decides she doesn’t want to pick on someone so strong any longer. She tunnels back underground and scurries away to new mischief, her ever-watchful father(s) close behind. As the four moles tunnel off, the Dugtrio kicks something up; the small, round object hits you in the back of the head. As much as you’d like to keep your eyes on that Vibrava you spin around to make sure that nothing dangerous is behind you. At your feet something small and sparkly catches your eye; you bend down, pick it up and discover a beautiful Pearl. You pocket it and return to the matter at hand.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 1 Great Ball, 1 Pearl

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa134.png Rast (M)- 100% Health, 87% Energy, Defense +2 (-4% physical damage taken), relieved that the annoying Diglett has finally run off

Chris 2.1
18th April 2007, 09:55 AM
Whoa this slipped my mind.

Remember ALL refs and battlers - check to see if it's your turn to like...do anything.

Part 21

Numeron - Male
88%HP || 72% Energy
Sleep Powder -- Nightmare -- Giga Drain

VS

Espeon - Female
95%HP || 63% Energy
Paralysed
Five Clones

Espeon watches, intrigued. She leaps at Numeron with blinding speed, slamming right into the large trunk of her foe and knocking him back. Numeron blasts a thick collection of spores up and around the arena, swathing Espeon completely in thick pollen.

Coughs and splutters tell you that Espeon is fighting off the attack, but when the spores settle (staining the walls of the room), you see Espeon is fast asleep. Acting fast, Numeron draws on his demonic tendancies, glowing a deep black and scaring the sleeping Espeon. In her dreams, the feline is chased through a dark, gloomy castle by a thick, grappling cloud of smoke with huge eyes.

Numeron feasts on the dreams, restoring his health, keeping the foe his victim. He then spits out seeds that latch onto his foe, suckling health and energy from Espeon and filling themselves up on nutrients, before darting back up and being eaten by Exeggutor.

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 64% Energy

VS

Espeon - Female
80%HP || 58% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep
Clones have been depleted

The Blue Avenger
18th April 2007, 01:45 PM
Okay, Numeron, use Giga Drain thrice. If Espeon wakes up, use Sleep Powder until she's down again.

Chris 2.1
18th April 2007, 02:35 PM
Part 21

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 64% Energy
Giga Drain x3

VS

Espeon - Female
80%HP || 58% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep
Clones have been depleted

Espeon lay there, sleeping as Exeggutor blasted the array of seeds that sank into her and sapped away her health. They would shoot back to Numeron, who would eat the delicious orbs of nutritional energy.

This happened two more times, Espeon growing gradually weaker and weaker. Numeron stayed healthy, healing himself with his opponent's energy.

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 48% Energy

VS

Espeon - Female
56%HP || 52% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep

The Blue Avenger
18th April 2007, 02:45 PM
Okay Numeron, another Nightmare, then use a Return and Giga Drain. Use Sleep Powder if she wakes up.

Chris 2.1
18th April 2007, 03:15 PM
Part 23

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 48% Energy
Nightmare -- Return -- Giga Drain

VS

Espeon - Female
56%HP || 52% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep

The area dimmed and Numeron cackled as Espeon struggled to stay safe in her sleep. She was walking in a forest as large, looming trees towered over her...she needed to escape these thoughts. She needed to leave. Red eyes rooted her to the spot as she panicked and twisted around.

Meanwhile Numeron was gaining from these horrible thoughts, managing to drain Espeon severely. As he did, he charged up and managed to slam right into the Pokemon, dealing effective damage as he returned his enthusiasm to the foe.

Espeon stirred momentarily, Numeron about to launch a sleep powder....but the Pokemon simply turned back over and continued to sleep. Numeron used another giga drain, leeching Espeon's energy away.

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 48% Energy

VS

Espeon - Female
30%HP || 48% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep

Espeon's sleep is lifting....but she's getting quite weak now anyway.

The Blue Avenger
18th April 2007, 03:53 PM
Right! I'll chuck my Great Ball!

Vermillion
18th April 2007, 09:53 PM
Round 5
Phoenixsong VS. Ivysaur
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-95%/87%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 4 Rounds
Angery

*-Attacks-*
Flamethrower | Flamethrower | Relax

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-91%/84%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt flower bud
*-Attacks-*
? | ? | ?

~~~
=)The Battle(=
You opt to attack head on and see how the Ivysaur will react. Cujo opens his jaws and sprays a column of flames at the grass type and with a swiftness that wasn’t expected, the Ivysaur leaps out of the way of the flame, sending its Vine Whips out to tie up Cujo’s legs and mouth.

Cujo squirms at the mercy of this beast but all of a sudden the vines lose there constrant. A twitch a paralyzing takes over the grass types body just enough for Cujo to open his mouth and torch Ivysaur with dead on accuracy.

As Cujo waits, growling loudly and heaving smoke, relaxes his body to conserve his energy and be at optimal alertness against his enemy. The Ivysaur notices this break in the actions and uses it to power up! He stares at the sun and softly coos in his native tongue, activating a sun yellow glow around him. His body suddenly begins to grow becoming bulkier, stronger, and more intimating. As the Growth technique culminates Ivysaur cracks his whips with even more pride than before…

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-90%/77%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 3 Rounds
Relaxing

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-84%/74%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt flower bud
Growth Increase +1SpAtk

Phoenixsong
18th April 2007, 10:25 PM
Hm... Flamethrower, trap him with Fire Spin and then Double Team, Cujo.

Andrew
20th April 2007, 01:25 AM
I am going to go to the Old Village!

I am going to buy 2 Great Balls and 1 Ultra Ball.

I will take OzMime with me, along with Vicki Pollard the Jynx and OzCorsola my Corsola.

Okay Team, all start off with Safeguards and stay alert! AND PROTECT ME!

I forgot to say - LET'S GO TO THE MALL AND GET HATS!

Chris 2.1
20th April 2007, 09:59 AM
Part 24

Numeron - Male
100%HP || 48% Energy
Throw Great Ball

VS

Espeon - Female
30%HP || 48% Energy
Paralysed
Asleep

You arch your arm back and hurl the ball forward, smashing it into Espeon and dragging her inside. She is sucked up into the ball, where her vaporised self collects itself and falls to the ground. With a beep the ball registers Espeon as captured.

Congratulations!

Your guide tells you that your time here is up. You are led back to the lobby, where your three new team members await you:

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa196.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa240.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa133.png

Remember to get these Pokemon approved! Thank you for visiting the Safari Zone! please come back soon :)

Safari Zone Quest: OzAndrew
Part 1
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa124.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa222.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa122.png

You take your Pokemon with you and pay the money for the balls, taking them with you as you head to The Old Village.

The remnants of the old league district, it is quiet. Along the desserted streets you desperately search for a mall, but the closest thing you find is 'Mrs McMead's Old Timely Toffee Shop'. Unimpressed, you wander on.

A Lickitung is eating out a trash can nearby, using his long tongue to reach into the delicious contents. A gang of Magnemite patrol the streets as your team send a safeguard around you, protecting you from status effects.

Along the way, you see a Clefairy bobbing down the street and a red stripe against a building.

What will you do?

Andrew
20th April 2007, 02:20 PM
Let's look around some more team, try and find a hat store! Don't disturb anyone/anything! Man, a department store would also be awesome.

Vermillion
20th April 2007, 05:14 PM
Round 6
Phoenixsong VS. Ivysaur
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-90%/77%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 3 Rounds
Relaxing
*-Attacks-*
Flamethrower | Fire Spin | Double Team

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-84%/74%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt flower bud
Growth Increase +1SpAtk
*-Attacks-*
? | ? | ?

~~~
=)The Battle(=
Although a bit smarter than your average wild pokemon, Ivysaur continues a full scale assaults in a heavy-charging Tank Down. Cujo this time uses strategy and at the best moment ignites the plant with fire right into his yes. The pain causes Ivysaur to veer and run smack dab into the dead fall.

Spinning around Cujo traps Ivysaur in a whirling inferno that begets a shrill wail of discomfort from its victim.

While the twister rages on, slowly weakening Ivysaur, Cujo flashes a soft white to create a small pack of 4 copies to give him protection…

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-90%/66%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 2 Rounds
4 Shadow Clones

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-69%/52%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt heavily
Growth Increase +1SpAtk

Chris 2.1
21st April 2007, 11:03 AM
Part 2
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa124.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa222.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa122.png

You wander along the village, noticing a large graffiti'd needle on a wall with an X daubed across it. You search for a hat shop, but it has been burned down by a rather vindictive Magmar that is standing nearby. A charred bowler hat lies at your feet. In the distance you see a Loudred stomping his feet as a Magneton drifts along.

Andrew
21st April 2007, 02:06 PM
Okay, Corsola, use Rock Cannon to destroy the wall with the X on it.

Chris 2.1
21st April 2007, 03:28 PM
Part 3

Corsola glows and blasts a volley of exploding rocks at the wall. It was a structurally weak wall and soon shattered, partially revealling a room inside. Clambering in (who wouldn't?) you see a Spinarak hanging from the ceiling as a cluster of Voltorb sleep peacefully. You see a Golbat swoop out the dark room as a Fortress sits in the corner. There is a staircase leading down.

Will you go down, or battle a Pokemon?

Phoenixsong
21st April 2007, 09:28 PM
Bark. Um. Running out of clever ideas here... uh... Launch some Swift stars at him, uh, twice. Then, if Ivysaur's still trapped by Fire Spin, chill. If he's not trapped, Flamethrower.

Swift x2 ~ Chill OR Flamethrower

I hope you're coping with your chicken pox, Verm. You'll feel better in a few days.

Shuppet Master
22nd April 2007, 12:23 AM
Darn it. I'm starting out, so I can't buy any Pokeballs, and I can't even ref because you have a lot of refs already! :mad:

I just hope there's another Safari Zone thread next time. (Hopes to catch a wild 4th generation Pokemon later.)

Chris 2.1
22nd April 2007, 02:41 AM
Shuppet: If activity picks up we'll need more refs. We are launching the Diamond and Pearl Safari Zone on May 1st. It may be launched in a new topic but I am unsure.

Look out for DP exclusive areas for catching Pokemon!

Andrew
22nd April 2007, 06:16 AM
I want to go down the Staircase, Mr Mime, use Flash but not to upset any Pokemon around, so we can see underneath.

Chris 2.1
22nd April 2007, 09:46 AM
Part 4

Down the staircase you wander, Mr Mime lighting it up with a bright flash. As you walk you notice a bunch of Grimer sliding around the floor, giving off an almighty stench. You are in a long corridor that leads to what looks like a primitive cell. The door has rusted off. In the corner you see a sparkling gem. A Loudred is stamping his feet and shouting nonsensically, and a Gulpin is aimlessly wandering around. You can also see a pair of Shuppet chasing a Jigglypuff and Clefairy down a corridor to your left.

What will you do?

Andrew
22nd April 2007, 02:37 PM
I want Jynx to levitate that shiny shiny gem towards me!

Chris 2.1
23rd April 2007, 01:16 PM
Part 5

Jynx used her psychic prowess to grab the shiny gem and lift it up, bringing it towards you. It is roughly the size of a small fist and is perfectly smooth and round.

You have found a Pearl!
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p37/mandle89/Pearl.jpg
Keep hold of it until May 1st!

Pocketing the Pearl you notice a Misdreavus drift past quietly. There is also a Togepi curled into a round egg-shaped ball as well as a group of Cleffa and Igglybuff looking scared at your presence. You also see a Miltank quietly dozing as a Shuppet wanders along.

What will you do?

Andrew
23rd April 2007, 05:19 PM
Pearls! That's as gay as Anthony Callea! I want to walk back up to the street and try and find that Magneton... What do Magneton eat? Oh... jeeze, I have no idea. Mr Mime, Meditate your powers up!

Saffire Persian
23rd April 2007, 09:26 PM
A pearl, eh? Awesome. All right, Rast, Ice Beam it's other wing to attempt to immobilize it, and follow up with a Bubble Beam . Then see what it does, if it doesn't try to attack and seems willing to listen, see if it'd be willing to join us, if not, use an Ice Beam to try and freeze more.

Ice Beam - Bubble Beam - Ice Beam

Chris 2.1
24th April 2007, 08:15 AM
Part 6

You leave the corridors from downstairs and wander back the way you came, emerging in the sunny streets of the Old Village. An Eevee bounds along as you see an Elekid firing off a bolt of lightening to stun a nearby Shuppet. Down an alleyway you see a large Muk giving off an almighty stench, while a Tauros is seen smashing a trash can and eating the contents within. You also see a very rare, very powerful Nidoking smashing the wall of a nearby building with his tail.

What will you do?

Mega Horny
25th April 2007, 06:19 PM
Guys, i feel guilty. I've been really busy. Wolfsong, I'll do your reffing as soon as I possibly can. MLG, I don't feel good about doing that. I don't want to disappoint you -- you know more than I do the kind of Pokemon you're looking for.

Andrew
25th April 2007, 11:53 PM
Hm... I think I will ask Nidoking if we can help he destroy things too. Vicki, use your feminine charms.

If we are in trouble at any point, Vicki and OzMime, teleport us out.

Chris 2.1
26th April 2007, 12:15 PM
Part 7

Instead of doing what is to be expected, and trying to capture a seldom-seen Safari Zone Pokemon, Vikki wiggles over and puts on the charm. Fearing she is some sort of transpokesexual, Nidoking gives a roar and smashes into her with an iron tail, dealing good damage. Hurt, she assists Mr Mime in teleporting the two of you away from this part of The Old Village.

Arriving in a different area, you find an Exploud blasting a fog-horn like noise through the air. The large boisterous Pokemon stamps around angrily as an Elekid wanders around. You also see a Jigglypuff with a pair of Igglybuff singing pleasantly. A Magnemite cluster hover overhead.

Andrew
26th April 2007, 02:30 PM
Let's find a store to take over, an empty one that is!

I have a plan to lure Pokemon to us!

Chris 2.1
26th April 2007, 02:45 PM
Part 8

You wander along, passing boarded up shops and telephone boxes. You spy an old glass-eye shop and enter it meekly, finding an eye rolling along. Mr Mime, Corsola and Jynx (who has sore ribs) all take their places as you stand behind the counter and execute the next phase of your plan.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
26th April 2007, 02:49 PM
MH I really don't have an idea for now, I'm browsing. Just send me wherever.

Chris 2.1
26th April 2007, 02:56 PM
Mega: use a randomiser to decide where MLG goes next.

Andrew
27th April 2007, 12:59 AM
Corsola, clean the store with a gentle bubble! Focus on cleaning the floor.

Mr Mime, replace the windows with Light Screens! If you have fixed up the windows, use a gentle shockwave to get the electricity running again.

Vicki, I want you to also clean some more using Psychic, or use Rest to recover your wounds. It's up to you. ONce the store is clean, we can move onto the next stage!

I will also sweep before Corsola mops it out the door.

Chris 2.1
27th April 2007, 12:39 PM
Part 9

Corsola set to work spraying a light slew of bubbles across the floor, wetting it as you mopped it up. Vikki didn't feel the need to use rest yet so she used a psychic attack to sweep dust and grime (as well as a few eyeballs) out of the window frame which Mr Mime soon replaced.

What now?

Vermillion
28th April 2007, 09:40 AM
Round 7
Phoenixsong VS. Ivysaur
Arena – Feizhi Outpost
Inventory -Great Ball
1 on 1
DQ - None

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-90%/66%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 2 Rounds
4 Shadow Clones
*-Attacks-*
Swift | Swift | Relax
Sub:Flamethrower

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-69%/52%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt heavily
Growth Increase +1SpAtk
*-Attacks-*
? | ? | ?

~~~
=)The Battle(=
The shrill screams of the ‘saur permeate the battle ground which only entice Cujo into a battle frenzy. The pup and his clones open their jaws and let-off a spray of golden stars that instantly zero in on the flaming cyclone. The cut through the heat and slash the unprepared Ivysaur harshly.

Ivysaur can hardly take any more and with his luck the twister dissipates leaving its charred occupant dizzy with pain. He blinks repeatedly as fire hounds stare him down. In his moment of confusion Cujo strikes with another Swift attack!

Bleeding now the grass type swings a wild vine at his opponent, only managing to delete a copy. He grunts in frustrating followed by a yelp of pain has Cujo ignites him with Flamethrower….

Cujo(M)
HP/EN-90%/54%
^-Status-^
Safegaurded 1 Rounds
3 Shadow Clones

Ivysaur(M)
HP/EN-40%/25%
^-Status-^
Paralyzed
Burnt heavily
Cut to ribbons
Growth Increase +1SpAtk

Andrew
28th April 2007, 08:29 PM
Okay Team. Start to make a Sign!

Jynx! Use a Blizzard along with Corsola to etch out a large flat block of Ice.

Next, both use Ice Beams to write out "Help Center" on the ice Block

Finally, Mr Mime and Corsola PSychically Lift it up, and back down, whilst Jynx fires a Psychic to it to illuminate teh sign!

We'll go inside and wait after that.

Blademaster
29th April 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm looking for a couple of Pokemon, but why just go get 'em at the Approval Tower when I can have some fun in the process?

(hands over 4 points)

Two Pokeballs, please! :D

I'm gonna take my Kirlia(F), Valentina, and my Combusken(M), Rawk Hawk, with me to the Grave's Yard. OK?

Chris 2.1
30th April 2007, 11:11 AM
Part 10

The Pokemon all band together to help create a large icy block. Jynx and Corsola blast letters onto it and Mr Mime helps lift it up and down. Jynx's psychic attack lights up the sign.

What will you do now?

Safari Zone Quest: Blademaster
Part 1
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa256.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa281.png

Welcome to the ASB Safari Zone! You pay at the desk and take Kirlia and Combusken with you to the mysterious Grave's Yard. You have 2 Pokeballs. You wander among the cold, cruel wasteland as the moon hangs in the air.

You can see a Pinsir angrily stamping the ground. You also notice a cluster of Gastly and Haunter gliding through the air. A Magneton blasts bolts of lightening down on a Sneasel, who runs along, exhausted.

What will you do?

Phoenixsong
30th April 2007, 06:02 PM
Ngrah. I'd like to weaken him a LOT more, but he's already exhausted. Right.

Fire Blast ~ Great Ball

And that should hopefully do it.

Andrew
30th April 2007, 07:32 PM
Let's go back inside to the store and wait for someone to come and visit.

Mr Mime, Meditate in the meantime and get your attack up.

Corsola, HArden up real good.

Jynx, you Meditate too.

Blademaster
30th April 2007, 08:47 PM
I know what Pokemon I want; neither of them are in that list.

We keep looking. Rawk, Val, let's go.

Chris 2.1
1st May 2007, 08:29 AM
Part 11

The shop is set up. And it seems, depsite the guides chagrin at this controversial way to use the Safari Zone that some occupants are already keen to see what the fuss is about.

An Electabuzz and its two Elekid siblings burst in after seeing the flash of light. A cluster of Magnemite and Magneton also emerge onto the seen keenly. You also attracted the attention of a Lickitung and a Miltank.

What will you do?

Part 2
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa256.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpffa/dpffa281.png

Carrying on, you make your way across the wasteland. A Poochyena darts along, completely ignoring you, as you see a Claydol hovering down towards the ground in the distance. It wedges itself into a crevice and seemingly goes to sleep. A small cluster of Baltoy circle it, creating a barrier.

A fleet of Murkrow cross the skies as a Mightyena prowls along.

What will you do?

Chris 2.1
1st May 2007, 08:38 AM
There are now two new Safari Zones in accordance with the Diamond and Pearl intergration. These are visible by checking out the first post.

It is also worth noting Diamond and Pearl species can all be found in all of the current safari zone areas. Refs: you will be sent information on the new updates.

Andrew
1st May 2007, 05:13 PM
I will have Corsola talk to the Electabuzz, and understand their problem. She's good at that sort of thing. Plus, if they try to attack her, I'll have her Mirror Coat it back at her.

Mr Mime, my main man, I want you to talk to the Magneton and Magnemite and find out what's going on with them. We can help them.

Jynx, you'll have to tell Miltank and Lickitung to wait for the time being, but still, take notes of their problems.

Blademaster
1st May 2007, 06:38 PM
We're getting closer to what I'm looking for, but not quite there yet.

Rawk, Val, we keep going. Maybe if we follow that Mightyena, we'll find what we're looking for...

Chris 2.1
2nd May 2007, 01:53 PM
Part 11

Corsola talks to the electric Pokemon, who explain they misunderstood the flash of light for an electrical output. Angered, Electabuzz swings a mega punch into Corsola who flies into the wall, her mirror coat not working on physical attacks. Irritated, the electric Pokemon leave.

Mime tries talking to the Magnet Pokemon but they seem to have come under the same pretence. The Magnemite release a thundershock on Mr Mime and the steel-types drift out of the door.

Lickitung and Miltank, it seems, have no particular problem. Jynx wonders what to do.

What will you do? I might like to take this time to point out you're totally wasting my time here.

Part 3

As you follow the Mightyena you see it enter a cave. Being logical you follow it, passing a flock of Zubat and Golbat that swoop down on you. You hear the precise clicking of a Pinsir but head on, following the wolf.

You emerge in a different part of the yard - you see a pack of Poochyena and Mightyena facing off against a group of Houndour and Houndoom. A turf war!

What will you do?

Blademaster
2nd May 2007, 03:19 PM
Arrrrgh...

We're circling all around the Pokemon I'm trying to find, guys! What gives?

...OK, OK, in order to find what we're looking for, we're gonna need a strategy.

Rawk, Val, we keep going once again... But this time, we look around for anything chaotic or disastrous - a thunderstorm, a swarm of Ghost Pokemon, this Hound-Hyena war, whatever we can find - where there's trouble, there's bound to be one of these guys.

And for the record, my apologies to our kind ref, who I'm sure must be getting bored by now... :(

Andrew
2nd May 2007, 04:38 PM
Chris - If I'm wasting your time, can I just get a refund then?

Chris 2.1
2nd May 2007, 04:54 PM
I guess you could, but what I meant was you might want to try a more conventional method of catching Pokemon. Your idea was clever, but I don't know that many Pokemon will be drawn towards your shop.

Andrew
2nd May 2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I'll go for a refund then.

Chris 2.1
3rd May 2007, 05:28 AM
Ok 10 points back to you.

Andrew
3rd May 2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry. It was fun, but I don't think I was looking more for catching Pokemon, as I was an adventure.

Elec Man EXE
3rd May 2007, 09:37 AM
Ok. I've got some points finally, and I've noticed that no one has taken up that little hint from the rules update a few weeks back. So I'll do just that, right now. I'm buying 2 Pokeballs, and heading out to Tranquil Shores with Polaron the Magnemite (ooh, steel AND electric :D), as well as Atlas the male Pinsir. Paid for the balls here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?p=325204&posted=1#post325204).

I'll be using my magnetic buddy to search the sand for treasure, while Atlas keeps a look out for any hostile pokemon.

Phoenixsong
3rd May 2007, 04:29 PM
I'll take you. Gimme a little time to edit the reffing in, and you can head off.

EDIT: Aaaand, here we go!

Elec Man EXE

The sun shines down upon your back as you step out of the Safari Zone jeep and onto the sandy shores of Tranquil… uh… Shores. Yeah. Releasing your Magnemite and Pinsir from their Poké Balls, you tell Polaron to search for interesting little trinkets in the sand while Atlas keeps a lookout. As Polaron searches, Atlas catches your attention and points out something crawling towards you from the nearby dunes. A little male Trapinch is creeping in your direction and snarling at the three of you; whether he means to attack or is just playing with you, you aren’t quite certain. You figure it might be a good idea to have Atlas shoo him away; before you can do so, however, you see his mother sleeping atop the dunes. The female Flygon looks elegant and peaceful as she naps in the brilliant sunlight, but you’re certain that the slightest distressed squeal from her little baby will have her up and rampaging around…

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Inventory- 2 Poké Balls

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa081.png Polaron (X)- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa127.png Atlas (M)- 100% Health, 100% Energy, feeling fine

Oh, uh, Saffire... where are you?

Elec Man EXE
4th May 2007, 10:18 AM
Thank ye Phoenix.

Alright... we definately don't want to be messing with that Flygon guys, neither of you is a good match for it. Lets exit, stage away from the Flygon. Hopefully the little guy won't stray too far from his mother and will then leave us alone, but even if he does pursue Trapinch are pretty slow, so we ought to be able to keep pace ahead of him. Once we get to safety, we can resume our search for goodys and pokemon.

Mega Horny
4th May 2007, 05:07 PM
MLG

You prance out to the Ffeffini mountain like a wee girl. You instantly trip over a Staravia, which squawks and flies off. A skarmory flies by as you walk up above the dense jungle that once contained you. The air is cold and crisp. Several bird Pokemon are flying off in the distance, and a Snorunt is looking up at you devilishly. It turns around and hobbles off towards the mountain.

*~*~*

Stats:

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
62% Energy

84% Health
61% Energy
Paralyzed.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Wolfsong

You send growlithe up to the Ninjask to ask it if it would be willing to join your team. It stares at you quizzically for a moment, and then buzzes off in a blur. Neither of your Pokemon has seen anything this fast before. Will you pursue the speeding bullet of a pokemon?

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Bored.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Bored.

MeLoVeGhOsTs
5th May 2007, 04:31 AM
I'll go up the moutain and scout around for special things.

Wolfsong
5th May 2007, 12:05 PM
We'll take off in the direction that it went, but also keep an eye out for other pokemon as well.

Chris 2.1
6th May 2007, 05:26 AM
Part 4

It's war. A group of eerie balloon-like Pokemon Drifloon and Drifblim gently glide across the sky as the darkness enters the arena.

Houndoom leaps at Mightyena and delivers a scorching tackle. A group of Poochyena blast attacks into the leading Houndoom as Houndour soon scurry on to fight them off. Houndour fires a scorching blast that smashes into a young Mightyena, hurling it across the harsh wasteland.

Nearby, you can see a shadowy figure standing atop a rock formation. With a long howl, the fighting Pokemon stop and look. You also have a look as the Pokemon leaps up and unleashes a long blade of energy. The blade slices between the Houndoom and Mightyena, prising them apart and keeping them in place like some sort of shield.

The Pokemon reveals itself to be an Absol. The warring Pokemon slink off. The Absol walks softly around the arena, looking at the shed fur, the blood and the scorched earth of this perhaps sacred place.

Alas, the ABsol darts off suddenly, leaping to a rocky ledge. It then slowly walks around a corner of a small rock formation. You see a Glameow nearby carrying something small and precious in a velvet drawstring bag. Looking gleeful, the Glameow struts along the desserted wasteland.

What will you do?

Mega Horny
6th May 2007, 05:34 AM
MLG

You travel up the mountain. You can hear an odd dripping noise to your left in the solid rock face. Other than that, you see a Leafeon perched upon a ledge above you, and a Drapion clicking it's claws together on a ledge below.

*~*~*

Stats:

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
62% Energy

84% Health
61% Energy
Paralyzed.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Wolfsong

You purse the pesky pest. You and your two Pokemon scramble over brush and between trees as the speedy Pokemon darts ahead. You spot a Turtwig and a Stantler as your run, as well as a Dustox. Suddenly, you trip over a root and hit the ground hard. Your knee is scraped and blood is pouring out. Ninjask stops in midair, and turns around, looking down at you with a cocked head.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
88% Energy,
Bored.

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Bored.

You (F) Human
34%
89%
Ouch

MeLoVeGhOsTs
6th May 2007, 03:07 PM
I'll follow the odd dripping noise.

Wolfsong
6th May 2007, 10:39 PM
I'll worry about ninjask later. Right now i know that i definately want that turtwig. I'll have Talut start by using thunder wave on it. Next, I'll have him use a steel wing/wing attack combo.

Blademaster
7th May 2007, 04:49 AM
We've found what we want, guys. Forget about that ugly cat and its treasure - we follow that Absol. Valentina, Teleport us up to that ledge. Then, Valentina, you go ahead and try to talk to that Absol - we mean it no harm; we want to ask it to join our team. Be as diplomatic as you can - I doubt that Absol wants to fight any more than we do.

Chris 2.1
7th May 2007, 12:47 PM
Part 5

As the Glameow dissapears, you pursue Absol, teleporting to the rocky ledge. Here, you can see all across the desserted wasteland of Grave's Yard. You follow Absol, sending Kirlia to stop the Pokemon. Kirlia walks up and talks in Pokemon. Absol watches her. Kirlia communicates what Absol is saying to you through telepathy:

My trainer and I are here to meet you. We want to know if you would join our team.

I am not a member of any team.

Perhaps you are now...but if you join us you can train with us, grow with us and achieve great things.

I can do all of that on my own. Now leave me.

No. I have been entrusted with talking to you.

I'm done talking.

Absol deals a swift heavy tackle into Kirlia, knocking her back.

If you want me, you have to capture me.

Absol turns and walks off around the rocky ledge.

What will you do?

Blademaster
7th May 2007, 02:17 PM
I won't tolerate that kind of attitude from a future member of our team. Valentina, hang back - Rawk Hawk, you're up.

Chase after that arrogant mongrel and slam it with a Sky Uppercut. Then use a Flamethrower, and end with a Double Kick.

Move: Sky Uppercut, Flamethrower, Double Kick

Mega Horny
7th May 2007, 02:17 PM
MLG

You decide to examine the peculiar dripping noise. As you approach the rock face, you notice some sort of footprints heading in the direction of the sound. The footprints stop right at the blank rock face. You notice that there is water leaking out the side of the rock, and it is trickling down onto the ground in a small puddle.

*~*~*

Stats:

Set (M) Beedrill
86% Health
62% Energy

84% Health
61% Energy
Paralyzed.

*~*~*

What will you do?

Wolfsong

You instantly attack the Turtwig with a thunder wave before it can react. Obviously young and inexperienced, it tries to flee, but stumbles over itself. Menacing Talut glides over and flies straight up into the air like an arrow, swooping down with glistening wings. A massive cloud of smoke and dirt erupts from below turtwig before Talut has touched ground, and the small Pokemon goes flying head over heels into a pile of dried leaves. It whimpers. Horatio scowls, and does nothing.

What will you do?

*~*~*

Stats:

Talut (M) Dragonite
100% Health
75% Energy,
Rawr

Horatio (M) Growlithe
88% Health
95% Energy
Bored.