PDA

View Full Version : A quick question about 3rd gen transfer

Pokemaster Ash
28th February 2007, 08:22 AM
Okay, it seems like you can only send 6 at a time. However I'm just wondering about something. I heard something a while ago (I think in a topic here) that they couldn't have HMs. Is this really true or can Pokémon be transferred from R/S/E/FR/LG to D/P with HMs on them? (I've got some L5 starters I want to send over and they've got stuff like Cut and Surf on 'em, among some other goodies...)

mr_pikachu
28th February 2007, 12:41 PM
It probably resembles the thing we've noticed with previous generations, where you can't trade or release your last Pokemon with a given HM move or the ability to learn that move. The programmers do that so that you won't get totally stuck during gameplay.

As long as you have other Pokemon with the same HM moves in the RSE games, though, I don't think you'll have a problem. Can't say for certain, but that's what it seems like given past observations. (Alternatively, you could always go to the Move Deleter and have him work his magic, although that's a bit of a hassle.)

Chris 2.1
28th February 2007, 01:21 PM
Might it also be because of the HMs being all moved around in D/P?

mr_pikachu
28th February 2007, 01:24 PM
I don't see why that would make a difference in this case, actually. If D/P lost any Pokemon during the transfer, then it might be an issue. But since Diamond and Pearl only acquire new Pokemon through the transfer, what does it matter if the moves they can use are HMs?

That might be why they don't allow tradebacks, though. Hmm...