PDA

View Full Version : [T] Master of Paradox VS Kitsun: Ref - The Missing Link

Chris 2.1
6th March 2007, 04:48 PM
Round One
Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

There is no time limit for this battle. The winner will go on to Round 2: The ref will recieve 2 points and the loser will be eliminated. There are no banned moves whatsoever.

Coin flip determines that Master of Paradox will send out first and that Kitsun will attack first.

Mega Horny
6th March 2007, 06:18 PM
I'll ref.

Master of Paradox
8th March 2007, 07:52 AM
Okay, then. I have no idea what Kitsun is using, and I need to choose wisely or be eliminated right here and now. And I have no idea who trained the Pokemon I'm using, so even after two days of talking to them I'm still not sure if they're on my side.

All right, then. Here goes nothing.

Go...

My shiny Metagross!

*Taking the contest Pokeball from inside his robes, Master of Paradox tosses it out. It opens into the nearly-robotic form of Metagross.*

kitsun
11th March 2007, 09:50 PM
Well.. it seems you put me in quite the prediciment. The only real choice I have is...

Blissy!

*kitsun tosses the gold-and-silver pokeball, and in a flash of light, a pink-and white frilly pokemon appears. I arries an egg in it's pouch.*

Okay, Blissey. Let's start off on the defensive: Use a Safeguard to begin with to protect against status moves. Then, we'll Minimize, to keep from getting hit. Finally, use Double Team to further dodge his moves.

So: Safeguard~Minimize~Double Team

Mega Horny
15th March 2007, 09:25 AM
Oh man. I totally forgot about this DX

Ok, I'll ref it later tonight.

Master of Paradox
15th March 2007, 10:31 AM
On the defensive, hmmm? That's a wise choice... but that also forfeits the tempo to me.

Metagross, begin by slamming the Blissey with a Dynamicpunch as she establishes the Safeguard. Before she can shrink down, smack her with a Brick Break, and then take a moment for your own defense and put up a Light Screen.

Dynamicpunch - Brick Break - Light Screen

Mega Horny
23rd March 2007, 06:22 PM
So sorry guys. A lot came up, and I have enough stuff on my hands. I'm gonna let this one go, since I haven't started it yet. Sorry dudes, I'd kill me too.

Chris 2.1
14th April 2007, 05:09 PM
Ref needed please?

The_Missing_Link
9th May 2007, 05:15 PM
Round 1

Metagross:100%
Dynamicpunch~Brick Break~Light Screen

Blissey:100%
Safeguard~Minimize~Double Team

Blissey starts off the battle by putting a status effect barrier up, faint shimmering stars floating around her as confirmation that the move succeeded. Metagross just ignores its opponent and punches her in the face with a glowing fist. She goes flying backwards and lands heavily on the ground.

As Blissey lifts herself up while groaning in the process, Metagross zooms over and delivers a nasty karate chop to her stomach. It barely misses the egg in her pouch as Blissey gets the wind knocked out of her. It's too much for her to concentrate and increase her defenses.

Backing away a little bit in fear, Blissey concentrates and creates copies of herself, completely surrounded Metagross. Luckily for her, Metagross doesn't intend to attack this time and instead puts up a golden glass wall, most likely to protect him from fire attacks:

Blissey:74% Winded, has clones
Metagross:100% Light screen up

Master of Paradox
9th May 2007, 05:40 PM
I'd given up on this fight for dead! And TML, you swapped the names around in the end-of-round stats...

Now that we have an edge, Metagross, let's press on. Start with a good Earthquake to scatter the clones, and then get in and Metal Claw the Blissey. End with a Sludge Bomb.

Earthquake - Metal Claw - Sludge Bomb

Chris 2.1
27th July 2007, 04:51 PM
Reminder for Kitsun.