PDA

View Full Version : [T] Hypotenuse Man VS Phoenixsong: Ref River

Chris 2.1
6th March 2007, 04:50 PM
Round One
Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

There is no time limit for this battle. The winner will go on to Round 2: The ref will recieve 2 points and the loser will be eliminated. There are no banned moves whatsoever.

Coin flip determines that Hypotenuse Man will send out first and Phoenixsong will attack first.

Pichu Luver
6th March 2007, 06:36 PM
I'll Ref for you two.

The Blue Avenger
6th March 2007, 09:15 PM
I'll begin with my female Absol, named, uh... Kumatora. Sure.

Phoenixsong
6th March 2007, 10:24 PM
Then I suppose my shiny male Salamence, Razinthéal, will do.

Okies, Razinthéal, here's a what we're agonna do. Lead off with a Dragon Dance and follow with Toxic; end with Brick Break for a nice, early lead.

If at any time Kumatora tries an Ice-type attack, sub in Protect, plurx; if she tries to avoid you with Faint Attack, Mimic it, follow her and shmack her.

In summary:

Dragon Dance OR Protect ~ Toxic OR Protect OR Mimic~ Brick Break OR Protect OR Mimic

The Blue Avenger
6th March 2007, 10:43 PM
Holy sweet zombie Jesus on a pogo stick.

Erm, anyway, Kumatora, we're gonna screw with our foe a bit. Start with Icy Wind so ol' Raz uses up some energy. Next, use Magic Coat to reflect that Toxic right back. Finally, use Icy Wind... again!

Pichu Luver
12th March 2007, 08:41 PM
-~*Hypotenuse Man VS Phoenixsong*~-
∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round One
------*1/1~1/1*------

Banned Moves: None.

Arena: Indigo Stadium

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

Kumatora Absol ♀
Borrowed by: Hypotenuse Man
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
-:Attacks:-
Icy Wind/Magic Coat/Icy Wind

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Borrowed by: Phoenixsong
Energy: 100%
Protect/Toxic/Protect

------******------

With all the speculation going around we are finally about to see two of the Pokémon that have been given out. The two competitors step out of the tunnels waving confidently to the crowd. The Ref comes a jump running out of her own entrance area on her Powerskip shoes. She leaps to her podium in a single spring and grins. The two trainers blink and step up to their podiums much more dignified.

The Ref looks to the Overmod Chris and waits as he flips his coin. He points to Hypo, and Hypo in turn quickly releases his Pokémon, Kumatora a female Absol. Recently taken from the ASB PokéPark, put in a bag, randomly grabbed with two others and emailed to Hypo. Phoenixsong then tosses her borrowed Poké, a male Salamence named Razinthéal. You can practically see Hypo sweatdrop as he mutters something about zombie, Jesus and a pogo stick. Strange imagery. Anyway, commands are yelled and the battle commences.

Kumatora howls to the sky and a brisk cold wind sweeps down out of the heavens, zooming toward Razinthéal. He calmly puts up a white translucent shield. The wind hits it and frost creeps all over its surface as the wind howls by. He releases control when it's gone and the frost falls, creating a thin ring of snow around him.

This time Razinthéal is the first one to attack and he starts to think sickening thoughts, making his stomach gurgle most unpleasantly. Kumatora covers herself in a light blue glow, barely visible in the sunlight. Razinthéal turns a slightly darker shade of green then usual and a very disgusting mix comes up. He spites the brew at Kumatora who just sits there. It splatters on her glowing skin. She looks at it, revolted, but untouched. Suddenly it coagulates again and is springboarded back at Razinthéal. He rears in surprise but it is no use, his own concoction splatters on his stomach, sinking into him.

He snarls at Kumatora and she just smirks, turning to skies again and howling. He hastily sets up his Protect as the freezing wind comes tearing across the field. The frost grows on his shield and he growls slightly at it, wanting to hit his very annoying opponent. The breeze passes and the frost joins the slightly melted stuff from before as he dismisses the shield.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
Energy: 90%

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 87%

Kumatora was not hit.

Razinthéal was not hit with a attack-attack, but he was poisoned.

Hypotenuse Man posts attacks first.

The Blue Avenger
18th March 2007, 02:32 PM
Right, sorry about the wait.

Kumatora, strike fast with an Ice Beam. Next, Thunderbolt, and finish with icy Wind. Should Raz try a status-inducing attack (ie Toxic), use Mirror Coat.

Phoenixsong
18th March 2007, 03:30 PM
No, nonononono! Ice Beam bad, Razinthéal. Very bad. Protect against that. Now, you're going to have to take a hit here--and I'm sorry about this--but use Refresh after Kuma hits you with Thunderbolt. That should get rid of the poison and any paralysis you might suffer from 'bolt. Last, send a Twister ripping right through that Icy Wind. See if you can't collect all that cold, blustery nonsense and wing it right back at her.

Protect ~ Refresh ~ Twister

Pichu Luver
22nd March 2007, 09:13 PM
∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Two
------*1/1~1/1*------

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

Kumatora Absol ♀
Energy: 90%
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Icy Wind

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 87%
Protect/Refresh/Twister

------******------

Razinthéal is getting heartily tired of this. This time though, the attack is truly set of freezing him solid. Kumatora charges up a ball of super cooled air right in front of her nose (how she's not getting frostbite, you got me). Razinthéal snarls but sets up his invincibility dome. Kumatora fires her beam of frozen extremities but it slams into the shield. Razinthéal growls as it freezes upon itself until Kumatora stops firing. He drops his protection and a chunk of ice thumps into the grass at his feet. He kicks it away in annoyance.

Now he looks at Kumo and waits. He is not long in waiting as Kumatora takes this very gift. She charges, and looks rather puff ball like, and fires. The electricity crackles and sparks on its jiggidy jaggidy course for Razinthéal. It smacks into him and courses through his body, messing with his muscle control. He roars in pain, but as it ends he focuses within himself. He puts his immune system into overdrive and it flushes out the poisons from his system. He feels a much better dragon after it.

Now comes the fun part, he snarls in satisfaction for finally getting a chance at hitting his opponent. He calls up the winds and set them tearing about, reminiscent of any tornado. He infuses his own draconic energy into it and sends it tearing for Kumatora. She gulps and howls for her own winds. A brisk cold wind comes a-sweeping again. But it is no match for the twisting monster. It is infused into the tornado and slams home into Kumatora. She is lifted and spun about before being dropped unceremoniously onto the field as the twister dissipates and fades away.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 90%
Energy: 77%

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 76%

Kumatora was hit with a combo of Icy Wind (6%) and Twister (4%).

Razinthéal was hit with Thunderbolt (10%), and all status effects were healed.

Phoenixsong posts attacks first.

Phoenixsong
24th March 2007, 09:02 PM
Hm. First of all, Protect if Kuma uses Ice Beam or Blizzard--I know it's getting old, but we must think of that nasty double weakness, yes? As for your other commands, try an Aerial Ace to get up close and personal with her. Next, use Brick Break twice. Annihilate any clones with Swift, and that's about as complex as we're going to get for now.

Aerial Ace OR Protect OR Swift ~ Brick Break OR Protect OR Swift ~ Brick Break OR Protect OR Swift

The Blue Avenger
24th March 2007, 09:10 PM
Kumatora, wait until Raz has started Aerial Ace, then quickly blast him with Ice Beam. Next, use Ice Beam again... the Protect can't hold forever. Finish by hopefully being able to strike through with a powerful Blizzard.

Pichu Luver
2nd April 2007, 07:47 PM
You know Phoenix I can never remember how to spell your Poké's name. I praise the copy and paste heh. ^^'''

∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Three
------*1/1~1/1*------

Kumatora Absol ♀
Energy: 77%
Ice Beam/Ice Beam/Blizzard

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 76%
Aerial Ace/Protect/Protect

------******------

Kumatora's fur is in a bit of disarray, but she is still game. Neither Pokémon has lost much HP yet. Razinthéal watches his frazzled foe and as she does nothing frostbittingly he launches himself up into the air. He does a quick spin and dives for Kumatora. He immediately realizes his error as he sees Kumatora powering up an Ice Beam. There is no way for Razinthéal to pull up so he continues to dive for Kuma just as she is firing. The beam smashes into his right shoulder and he careens into Kuma. The full weight of a crashing Salamance slams her into the field, both of them screaming in pain. Dirt and turf go flying into the air, obscuring them.

When the debris settles, it shows Razinthéal a few feet beyond Kumatora who is in a Salamance sized crater. They both shakily get to their feet, rather stunned by the two attacks. Razinthéal right shoulder is frozen, and he turns, keeping his right forefoot off the ground as it is frozen in place. Kumatora's pelt is no longer white but smudged with dirt and she is wincing as she walks out of the crater. She opens her mouth, looking a little unsteady, and another Ice Beam is powers up. Razinthéal growls and sets up his shield. This time the beam slams into it, but it looks a little wobbly. Razinthéal is wincing, and the pain is fouling up his concentration.

Kumatora is panting but gamely does what her trainer asks. She howls long and at the top of her vocal range, almost a scream. A chilling breeze sweeps across the field, and Razinthéal moans. Not again. He focuses on setting up his shield but nothing happens. He just can't seem to get it to work. He roars as ice chucks and freezing wind come flying towards him. He futilely tries to hide, but it doesn't change the result. At the end a snow pile marks the location of Razinthéal. He gets slowly to his feet, moaning and shivering. He shakes the snow off to revel a very frost bitten dragon. He has little ice formations on his skin and a brand new ice spike coming of the frozen part of his shoulder.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 82%
Energy: 63%

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
HP: 60%
Energy: 69%
Status: Nrrrrrr . . . Right shoulder is frozen, small ice chunks cover body.

Kumatora was hit with a crashing Aerial Ace, (8%) causing her to slam into the ground extremely hard.

Razinthéal was hit with a partially aborted Ice Beam (6%) and a Blizzard (24%).

The Arena now has a Salamence sized hole, dirt piled up on one end.

The Blue Avenger
2nd April 2007, 07:51 PM
Okay, now, Kumatora, set up a Future Sight. Next, fire a Thunderbolt and an Ice Beam.

However, if Raz gets too close, force his distance with Ice Beam. Reflect any status inducing attacks with Magic Coat.

Chris 2.1
14th April 2007, 05:10 PM
Phoenixsong it's your turn

Phoenixsong
15th April 2007, 01:37 PM
WHY do I never see these things? Grr. Although I DID post in the Absence Tower... still, I would have come sooner had I known.

Future Sight, huh? Awesome, cheap shot time. I'd say use Brick Break, but Kuma doesn't want you too close, so... Fire Blast. Charge it up as much as you can so the heat can melt some of that ice for you. Next, throw Kuma off with Double Team. Finally, try to trap her (or at least block her a bit) with Rock Tomb before she gets that Ice Beam off. If you don't think you can intercept her, use Sunny Day instead.

Fire Blast ~ Double Team (3 clones) ~ Rock Tomb OR Sunny Day

Pichu Luver
20th April 2007, 08:20 PM
Just to note, Word is convinced Razinthéal is a German pottery company by the name of Rosenthal. Heh. Oh, and Kumatora is either the country (or countrymen) of Sumatra, or a curator at a museum. *shrug* Lol, the things this comp comes up with . . .

∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Four
------*1/1~1/1*------

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon. A Salamence sized hole, dirt piled up on one end

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 82%
Energy: 63%
Future Sight/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 69%
Status: Nrrrrrr . . . Right shoulder is frozen, small ice chunks cover body.
Fire Blast/Double Team/Rock Tomb

------******------

Right, sooo Razinthéal decides heck, if I’m going to be frozen, your gunna be charred! Meanwhile Kumatora is thinking very deep thoughts. Oh yes very deep. She is muttering none stop to her self as she sees a prophecy of doooooooom. A ball of psychicy energy is going to come crashing into the pot dragon. I mean Razinthéal. He is taking full advantage of her absence of mind to call up some doom of his own. The fire explodes from his mouth and inexplicitly forms into a man shaped figure. It cruises for the jungle fox just as she looks up. She squeaks in a very undignified manner not befitting of a carnivore. She is then engulfed.

She comes out blacker then usual and coughing smoke rings. She glares daggers at Razinthéal, who promptly splits off into four. She growls, now who is she supposed to be mad at?! Her soot covered fur sparkles with electricity that she fires at the nearest one. It pops cheerfully out of existence and she swings to the now sniggering Razinthéal.

Razinthéal stops his sniggering quite soon enough to focus on the ground. Kumatora focuses her attention about an inch from her nose, calling up her beam of frigidness. Just as she is about to fire, a circle of rocks all around her bursts from the ground and slams on top of her. She yelps from with the newly built cave and fires off her attack. It smashes into the rocks all around her and very nicely freezes the ones in front of her nose together. A crystalline sparkle can be seen from where Razinthéal is seated, grinning like a madman. A few of the ice chunks fall off and the spike is looking a little smaller.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 65%
Energy: 50%
Status: Very bruised. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Getting tired.

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 57%
Status: Pleased . . . Right shoulder is frozen, small ice chunks. Little tired. Future Sighted, 2 turns.

Kumatora got hit by Fire Blast(12%) and Rock Tomb(5%).

Razinthéal was not hit.

The Arena now has a rock pile, with Kumatora currently trapped inside.

Phoenixsong
26th April 2007, 05:14 PM
My internet time is limited for I don't know how long, so I'll make this fast. Double Team, chill, Earthquake. I have no idea how strategic that really was, but I'm trying to move quickly here.

Feel better soon, River. I'm sorry about what happened to you.

The Blue Avenger
26th April 2007, 07:40 PM
Okay, Kumatora, use Rock Smash to bust through the rocks. Next, Shock Wave to find the real dragon. Finish with an Ice Beam.

Pichu Luver
11th May 2007, 11:59 AM
And I'm back! Becoming very adept with my left hand I am, lol.

∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Five
------*1/1~1/1*------

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon. A Salamence sized hole, dirt piled up on one end. The Arena now has a rock pile, with Kumatora currently trapped inside.

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 65%
Energy: 50%
Status: Very bruised. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Getting tired.
Rock Smash/Shock Wave/Ice Beam

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 57%
Status: Pleased . . . Right shoulder is frozen, small ice chunks. Little tired. Future Sighted, 2 turns.
Double Team/Relax/Earthquake

------******------

Kumatora is NOT a happy foxy dog. Being buried alive was not on her to do list of the day. Seriously maiming Razinthéal however, is. She can't back up but she wiggles around as much as she can, her body screaming in protest, and raises her paw. The rocks around her groan ominously as she cocks her paw back, shoving against them. She swings forward with all her might, knocking against boulders as she goes. She smashes through the ice and rock in front of her just as it shifts and starts to collapse. She just leaps free, her tail getting a nasty bruise as a rock smashes down on it. She yowls and licks it as she looks around. She blinks in confusion; a group of Salamence's are now encircling her instead of just one.

Razinthéal is just taking a nice sun bath in the warm spring sunshine. Kumatora snorts at this. She is going to find him so easily. She turns herself into a spark machience, little shocks escaping before she fires. A flurry of electric shards flies about, shredding through the doubles until the last of them crash into Razinthéal himself. He grunts in annoyance, but doesn't look too perturbed.

He gets up and shakes the minor shock off and lifts his foot. He smiles beguilingly and Kuma gulps. He smirks and rears back before slamming his foot into the turf with enormous force. The ground ripples and the waves course at Kuma at an alarming rate. She yelps and tries to run but it catches up to her easily and sends her flying. She slammed and jounced around by the ground. She is very thankful she is not in the rock pile any more though, it collapses and the rocks are jostled around just like her. Finally it ends and the arena is full of rips in the turf. The water in the pond also had its own mini tsunami.

She growls and once she has collected her rattled marbles she forces on super cooling the air just in front of her nose. It glows bright blue and once it is the size of a volleyball, she fires. The super cooled air slams into Razinthéal and he bellows in pain. A shield of ice now coats his chest, looking very odd. On the small plus side the ice chunks have fallen off and his frozen shoulder is looking see-through.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 55%
Energy: 40%
Status: Very bruised. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Quite tired.

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
HP: 30%
Energy: 65%
Status: OW!!! Right shoulder and chest is frozen. Future Sighted, 1 turn.

Kumatora got hit by Earthquake (10%).

Razinthéal was hit by the remains of the Shock Wave (2%) and an Ice Beam (28%).

Note: Ice Beam appears to do more then Blizzard because of my 30% Cap.

The Blue Avenger
20th May 2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry 'bout the wait.

Kumatora, use Icy Wind throughout. However, use Faint Attack to dodge fire attacks/status changing attacks and Rock Smash to break Rock Tomb.

Phoenixsong
20th May 2007, 09:43 PM
Wing the first one back at her with Twister. Then use Roost and finally chill. I know that you'll be taking the attacks, but I think this should work out...

The Blue Avenger
20th May 2007, 09:50 PM
I completely forgot about Roost. *cries*

Pichu Luver
23rd May 2007, 07:45 PM
Yellow.

∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Six
------*1/1~1/1*------

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon. A Salamence sized hole, dirt piled up on one end. The Arena now has a rock pile, with Kumatora currently trapped inside.

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 55%
Energy: 40%
Status: Very bruised. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Quite tired.
Icy Wind x Three

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 65%
Status: OW!!! Right shoulder and chest is frozen. Future Sighted, 1 turn.
Twister/Roost/Relax

------******------

Well Razinthéal has had just about enough of this. She thinks she is going to blow over this mighty dragon with a little chill wind? Ha, not likely! Once more in this battle, the two foes call upon their windy might . . . yes they can have a windy might. Anyway a twisting monster dances its way towards Kuma and her brisk mountain air is no match for it. It is sucked up and sent back the way it came. Kuma is picked up and tossed about, leaving her very rattled.

She snarls at Raz and finds him, very obliging? He calmly lies right down in her path, blinking beguilingly at her. She snorts, suspicious but howls for the wind. It sweeps over his prone form, but if possible, he looks better then before? She snorts at this and tries again. This time, while Raz rests he definitely looks worse for where afterward. Although, Kuma is not looking so chipper herself. Suddenly from a void in the air itself, a ball of psychic energy hurtles for Razinthéal. It slams home with a bang and he is not looking so good.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 45%
Energy: 31%
Status: Rather ruffled. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Very tired.

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 60%

Kumatora got hit by the Twister and Icy Wind (10%).
Kumatora was fatigued 9% (3% each time) for the Icy Wind's.

Razinthéal was hit by two Icy Winds, which alone gave him the max damage (6% x 4=24%).
Razinthéal was fatigued 2% for the Twister, 15% for the Roost (he got 30% HP back) and got back 12% for resting.

Note: I know it seems like a lot but Razinthéal is 4x weak to Ice so . . . Oo''''.

Phoenixsong
23rd May 2007, 08:07 PM
Hrm. I'm really too busy to think about this properly right now...

Um. Dragonbreath, Rock Smash her, Roost. Mimic any Faint Attack, counter Icy Wind or Blizzard with Twister.

*waits for TBA to completely own her and her end-of-year-catatonic-state-unstrategicalness*

The Blue Avenger
23rd May 2007, 08:40 PM
*waits for TBA to completely own her and her end-of-year-catatonic-state-unstrategicalness*

Well, I hate to disappoint.

Kumatora, finish this with three Ice Beams.

Pichu Luver
24th May 2007, 03:03 PM
I am running out of ways to say 'cold' in reference to Ice Beam . . .

∞}|Random Tournament|{∞
º║Entry Round║º

Round Seven
------*1/1~1/1*------

The arena has very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon. A Salamence sized hole, dirt piled up on one end. The Arena now has a rock pile.

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 45%
Energy: 31%
Status: Rather ruffled. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Very tired.
Ice Beam x Three

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
Energy: 60%
Dragonbreath/Rock Smash/Roost

------******------

Well one is getting very tired and the other is looking rather crystallized. Well to start this off, the uber dragon Razinthéal breathes in and calls up that dragony part of him. Kuma is focusing on that beam so familiar, of shivering till you hat comes off, cold. They both spew/fire their attacks at once, to an interesting effect. The Dragonbreath rips away some of the super cold but the last bits of it slam into Razinthéal. His wing is not looking happy.

Well thankfully this next attack does not require him to fly. He hobbles over to a rock, grabs it with his mouth and lumbers over to Kuma. She has not been idle and is powering up again. Just before she fires, Razinthéal smashes the rock over her head and she sees stars. She fires prematurely but this last blow is too much for Razinthéal and he collapses, out.

---------******---------

Pokémon

Kumatora Absol ♀
HP: 37%
Energy: 17%
Status: Seeing tweety but happily wobbly. Speed down (-1%) from pain. Need . . . breather!

Razinthéal Salamence ♂
HP: 0%
Energy: 54%

Kumatora got hit by the Rock Smash (4% x 2 = 8%).
Kumatora was fatigued 14% (7% each time) for the Ice Beam's.

Two Ice Beams hit Razinthéal, the first was only 4% but equalled 16%. The second one knocked him out.
Razinthéal was fatigued 3% for the Dragonbreath, and 3% for Rock Smash.

So congrats go to Hypotenuse Man! Condolences Phoenixsong, I know how bugger annoying Absols can be --''''' (Weez's quite thoroughly trounced my Clamperl --'''). Um as for points I get 2 points and you guys seem to get nad-da Oo'''.

The Blue Avenger
24th May 2007, 03:27 PM
Good game, Phoenixsong. You gave me quite a challenge.

And thanks, River, for reffing. :)

Phoenixsong
25th May 2007, 02:25 PM
Eh, good game, yes. You are quite the skilled opponent. Shame I won't get to use my other rentals... I guess I have to give them back now *sniff*

Chris 2.1
27th May 2007, 12:22 PM
Well done TBA!