PDA

View Full Version : [T] Wolfsong VS Silencer (Ref: Phoenixsong)

Chris 2.1
6th March 2007, 04:52 PM
Round One
Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokemon.

There is no time limit for this battle. The winner will go on to Round 2: The ref will recieve 2 points and the loser will be eliminated. There are no banned moves whatsoever.

Coin flip determines that Wolfsong will send out first and Silencer will attack first.

Phoenixsong
6th March 2007, 07:08 PM
Oh, fine. It looks like two of my other matches are near el D of le Q, so I guess I can take this.

Wolfsong
7th March 2007, 12:09 AM
Sorry i didn't post sooner, but i had to work. Let's see. I think that I will choose Tyranitar [M] and I will refer to him as Warrick.

Silencer
7th March 2007, 07:42 AM
So I'm up against a Tyranitar? really hate those things.

Well, I'll send out my own monstrosity, Go Rhydon [M]. I think I'll call him, Pebble

Alright Pebble, We'll start of with a Brick break to knock some off that though hide off. Then aim for that spot and strike with an ice beam and we'll finish with Earthquake

If he uses toxic, toxic back and wipe out any clone with an earthquake.

Wolfsong
8th March 2007, 10:19 PM
Sorry it took me a while, had to work yesterday and despite it being my day off Mom had me running errands for most of the day. Not exactly how i wanted to spend my day off.

All right Warrick, let's get to work. First, let's start with ice beam. I want you to try and aim for the legs in an attempt to keep Pebbles from reaching you. Next, I want you to try and melt that oncoming ice beam with flamethrower. Finally, finish with an earthquake of your own.

Ice Beam ~ Flamethrower ~ Earthquake.

Phoenixsong
12th March 2007, 11:16 PM
Wolfsong vs. Silencer, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Team Wolfsong

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa248.png
Warrick (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Wolfsong’s Commands:
Ice Beam ~ Flamethrower ~ Earthquake

Team Silencer

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa112.png
Pebble (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Silencer’s Commands:
Brick Break OR Toxic OR Earthquake ~ Ice Beam OR Toxic OR Earthquake ~ Earthquake OR Toxic

Arena

Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokémon.

Round One: Begin!

The Random Tournament has officially begun, and sixteen Pokémon trainers have been issued three randomly assigned Pokémon each. Two of the competitors in the first round, Wolfsong and Silencer, step into a stadium to wild applause from the onlookers; smiling and waving at their fans, they each toss one borrowed Pokéball into the arena. Wolfsong’s Pokémon is revealed to be a massive male Tyranitar, who has been nicknamed “Warrick” for as long as he is in her possession; the flash of red light from Silencer’s Pokéball transforms into a stone-faced male Rhydon, temporarily named “Pebble”. Warrick and Pebble move to the center of the grassy arena and prepare for battle.

With an energetic roar, Pebble raises a stony fist and charges toward his foe. The punch slams into Warrick’s side with enough force to Break Bricks and the Tyranitar staggers backward, reeling from the blow. Warrick recovers quickly, however, and opens his fanged mouth. A frigid beam of blue light shoots out and strikes Pebble’s face; the Rhydon panics as the frosty residue of the Ice Beam coats his upper body with ice, freezing his arms to his sides and covering his head and neck.

How ironic it is that Pebble’s next command was to hit Warrick with an Ice Beam; the fact that he’s frozen prevents that entirely. Warrick takes the opportunity to attack Pebble again. This time, a stream of searing flames erupts from the Tyranitar’s mouth, blazing over Pebble’s icy coating and melting it. Unfortunately, however, the Flamethrower doesn’t accomplish much more than freeing the rhinoceros from his icy bonds. In all honesty, the relieved Pebble thinks as he shakes his cold arms to restore feeling to them, the attack wouldn’t have bothered him unduly anyway. Rhydon like him are used to temperatures much higher than some Flamethrower.

Now that he’s free again, Pebble flexes his muscles, cricks his neck and leaps into the air; as he comes down, he directs as much energy and force into his hoof as possible. The resultant impact causes a massive Earthquake that tears up the ground and throws Warrick off of his feet. Angrily, the Tyranitar climbs back up into a standing position and proceeds to copy his opponent—he leaps into the air and lands forcefully, causing a second Earthquake to shake the stadium. This time it is the Rhydon who falls over onto his back; Pebble grimaces with pain as he gets up.

The first round of the Random Tourney has started off with a bang. Warrick and Pebble have dealt substantial blows to one another—Pebble in particular is feeling quite a bit of pain—but they’re still fighting fit and ready for their new commands from their trainers.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Wolfsong

Warrick (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 80%

Team Silencer

Pebble (M)
Health: 74%
Energy: 87%

Arena Status

The ground is torn up as a result of two Earthquake attacks.

Ref’s Notes
-Warrick’s Flamethrower did no damage; all it did was melt the ice encasing Pebble.

-Wolfsong attacks first next round.

Chris 2.1
13th March 2007, 11:24 AM
Tyranitar lost 52%? Is that correct?

Phoenixsong
13th March 2007, 02:34 PM
Brick Break has base 7% damage by my calculations; Tyranitar's double weakness quadruples that to 28%. Tyranitar also has single weakness to Earthquake, which is base 10%, and Rhydon's STAB adds about 2% to that. Double the twelve and you get 24%. So, yes, by the system that I'm using, Warrick lost 52% Health.

Phoenixsong
16th March 2007, 03:43 PM
...I know there's no DQ for this round, but I'd really like to keep this moving, eh? Are you two there?

Chris 2.1
16th March 2007, 06:25 PM
Thanks for justifying it. x2 and x4 damage can be a bit steep for ASB and is generally not used; if, however, that is your reffing style I can accomodate that and understand your decision.

Phoenixsong
16th March 2007, 07:03 PM
Eh, well, yeah, I learned to ref under different ASB rules on another forum, so, eh... yeah. Um. I've been working on revamping my style, but obviously I'm not going to change in the middle of a battle. I'll take that into some consideration.

Wolfsong
18th March 2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry work has kept me busy this week. *headdesk* Add to that i had a paper assigned thursday that is due tuesday (and the teacher wasn't even there to give us info about it). *glances at time* I should be in bed right now. *headdesk* All right warrick, I want you to start with blizzard this go around. However, if it tries to avoid it by using protect or detect use Focus Energy. If he goes underground earthquake. Next, use water pulse and finish with another earthquake.

Blizzard/Focus Energy/Earthquake ~ Water Pulse ~ Earthquake

Chris 2.1
3rd April 2007, 09:41 AM
Silencer its your turn to attack

Silencer
15th April 2007, 01:36 PM
Wow, sorry. Completely lost sight on this one...

Quickly incase that thing in a rock tomb. Then punch right through with a brick break and follow up with an Iron Tail

Rock Tomb~Brick Break~Iron Tail

So so so sorry to wolfsong and phoenixsong, aswell as chris.

Phoenixsong
2nd May 2007, 07:11 PM
My apologies for the wait. I really haven't been in a reffing mood lately, especially with how busy I've been. Oh, and the high damage calculations were bothering me, so you will noticed that I changed the numbers in the previous post.

Wolfsong vs. Silencer, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Team Wolfsong

Warrick (M)
Health: 76%
Energy: 80%
Wolfsong’s Commands:
Blizzard OR Focus Energy OR Earthquake ~ Water Pulse ~ Earthquake

Team Silencer

Pebble (M)
Health: 74%
Energy: 87%
Silencer’s Commands:
Rock Tomb ~ Brick Break ~ Iron Tail

Arena

Simplicity

Round One is a simple 1-1 battle against your opponent. The arena is a plain indigo stadium with very short, fine grass in an open stadium. There is a large pond in the middle-left of the arena for a variety of water Pokémon.

Round Two: Begin!

Wasting no time, Warrick drops his body temperature to a dangerously low level and unleashes a frigid blast of icy fury from his jaws. The gale-force winds of the Blizzard buffet Pebble and chill him to the core; he manages to stand strong, however, and collects himself quickly. Pebble stomps the ground with punishing force, causing several of the jagged rocks strewn about the stadium to rise into the air and soar towards the Tyranitar. The stones smash into Warrick and do sting a bit, although they shatter on impact with his tough, stony hide and fail to form a proper Rock Tomb around him.

Warrick shrugs Pebble’s attack off and proceeds with his own attack plan: a jet of water flies out of his mouth as the rocky reptile lets out a piercing scream. The Water Pulse washes over the Rhydon, causing him to shudder violently; he hates water with a passion. Angry now, he runs forward and punches Warrick again; the Tyranitar reels from the blow of the Brick Break.

Wham! The ground shakes violently as Warrick punishes it with yet another Earthquake. Pebble flies backward and smashes into a stadium wall before hitting the ground again. Before Warrick has a chance to show the screaming audience his smug smile, however, he himself is thrown backward by a hearty smack by Pebble’s Tail, which is glowing and has hardened to be like Iron.

So ends the second round of the tournament match, with both Warrick and Pebble feeling quite a bit of hurt. What they put themselves through for people they don’t even really belong to…

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Team Wolfsong

Warrick (M)
Health: 49%
Energy: 60%

Team Silencer

Pebble (M)
Health: 44%
Energy: 69%

Arena Status

The ground is torn up as a result of three Earthquake attacks and a Rock Tomb; some parts are coated with ice from Warrick’s Blizzard.

Ref’s Notes

-Silencer attacks first next round.

Silencer
6th May 2007, 11:28 AM
I have withdrawn myself from ASB for the moment so to shorten up the tournament I'll forfait at this point. Then you guys don't have to wait to long to DQ me

Chris 2.1
6th May 2007, 12:26 PM
Silencer quits: Amy goes on to Round 2.

Wolfsong
6th May 2007, 10:28 PM
Wow, a lot happened while i was at work. Phoenixsong, thanks for reffing and I can understand about being busy. Silencer, maybe we can battle sometime further down the line.