PDA

View Full Version : I found a pidgey!

JJC8623
11th December 2002, 08:48 PM
I found a pidgey! No, not wild. I won a beaty contest! Hehe! Maybe thats how you get all the old pokes!... Come on every! Let's go win some contests!

SiteMaster
11th December 2002, 08:54 PM
Hmm. So maybe there is hope on finding the unobtainable pokémon. I guess no one is really stupid to release some 200 of 380 pokemon, but then I guess PMK's chart is obtainable pokémon from the wild, such as the grass and water, but I guess secrets lie elsewhere.

ostrigal
11th December 2002, 09:00 PM
Proof. We need Proof. Pokedex data would be good, sceen shots would be great.

JJC8623
11th December 2002, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry guys.. I have an import, and no Camera. :( I wish i could but ill see what i can do.

Nightingale23
12th December 2002, 07:28 AM
On what level did you obtain it?

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 07:47 AM
I dont get it..you won a Pidgey in a contest???

VERY unlikely..I won every damn contest in this game 5 or 6 times. The first time you get a ribbon and the second time a Gorgeus ball

Nightingale23
12th December 2002, 07:50 AM
Just checked:
For winning contests you get stupid items and sth for a museum..
One word: you're LYING

P.S It didn't work in GameFAQs and it's not going to work here!

Cursed_snorlax
12th December 2002, 08:04 AM
I won every contest like 20 times :(
Because I did not get a painting for it.
Untill I found out that you have to talk to the reporter after winning.

Chris 2.1
12th December 2002, 10:45 AM
i believe you about 50%; i wont disagree or agree until it is 100% official.

The Rusted One
12th December 2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Nightingale23
Just checked:

Um, "You're lying" is two words. Three if you count the contraction as two words.

Just because you believe it to be false doesn't mean it definitely IS. In fact, juts because there's no proof doesn't mean that there is nothing there to get proof from. If that was so, then nothing in the scientific world would be believed; but just because there is no proof as yet doesn't mean it's not true.

lusio
12th December 2002, 04:46 PM
for starters, tell us what id your pidgey have...
also what stats it have

Mew2Too
12th December 2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
Um, "You're lying" is two words. Three if you count the contraction as two words.

Just because you believe it to be false doesn't mean it definitely IS. In fact, juts because there's no proof doesn't mean that there is nothing there to get proof from. If that was so, then nothing in the scientific world would be believed; but just because there is no proof as yet doesn't mean it's not true.

Then what is there to disprove that Mizuho is Misty's mom, Haruka is Misty, and Ash's father is Giovanni? :D

Anyways, I am not an unbeliever that such a thing could be possible. FTM, I've often wonders- WTF do they offer for slot prizes these days? Does he mean he got Pidgey as a slot prize in Kanazumi City or whatever?

All I know is I cheated for Mewtwo. Yeah, you'd say that that is pretty low. However, it isn't as you'd expect.

When I got him, he was level 5. I had to train him all the way up. He's at L42 now. You'd be surprised- he's not the same ol' powerful Mewtwo when he's at any level below 60 something. Why am I keeping him? Cuz it's about the Mewtwo, that's why. I love Mewtwo, he is my favorite Pokemon.

What does that have to do with anything- I wonder why the heck Nintendo made it so gosh darned hard to get the old Pokies in the first place!

IcyLapras
12th December 2002, 07:20 PM
Proof: which contest in which city and what category, etc. etc.

BTW, where's the reporter who gives you pictures?

Cursed_snorlax
12th December 2002, 08:04 PM
Eh no.
But if you dont talk to almost every reporter when you win a contest.
You dont get a painting when you win the final contest.
I am 100% If you dont talk to any reporter after winning.
You won 5 Contests for nothing (Well for a ribbon)

Scizor Master
12th December 2002, 08:09 PM
Don't disbelieve him just cause he doesn't have pic proof. I don't ave a scanner or digi cam either. And although I'm not believing it 100% yet, I will say this: If he was making this up, chances he would be saying it was something better than a Pidgey.

Oddish17
12th December 2002, 08:11 PM
It's amazing. Everyone who says they have found previously unobtainable pokemon, they all have two things in common:

1. They're playing the import.
2. They don't have a camera to show pictures.

What an easy to way to get out of showing proof :rolleyes:

The Rusted One
12th December 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Mew2Too
Then what is there to disprove that Mizuho is Misty's mom, Haruka is Misty, and Ash's father is Giovanni? :D

*Sigh* Should I even respond? First, we have this little thing called commonsense. You can't apply commonsense to the game, but you can to the anime.
Thank you, goodbye.

Darkgel
12th December 2002, 08:33 PM
Yet there's something called lying intelligently, Scizor Master.

And about Ash and Gio... Yeah, I bet they're father and son. They look alike a lot.

Anyway, winning a Pidgey is pretty... Good? Oh god, let us win a Mew!

Anyway, I cheated to get a Shiny Mewtwo. I got it at Level 0. It's at Level 5 now and he can win to Pokémon of Level 20. It's NOT max stated. If he was, I'd have won already...

Subame
12th December 2002, 08:33 PM
Actually, there was someone with screenshots of Pallet Town (with improved GBA graphics) and a battle with a wild Pidgey, and Pidgey's Pokedex entry. But it's probably pretty easy to make fake pictures like that, so even that wouldn't really be proof, would it?

Anyway.. tell us exactly what you did to get the Pidgey! But even if you do and it doesn't work.. maybe there's just an extremely small chance of getting a Pokemon like that and you're really lucky? *shrug*

Ratiosu
12th December 2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Subame
Actually, there was someone with screenshots of Pallet Town (with improved GBA graphics) and a battle with a wild Pidgey, and Pidgey's Pokedex entry. But it's probably pretty easy to make fake pictures like that, so even that wouldn't really be proof, would it?

That thing has been confirmed as 100 % fake. It was pretty obvious when you were looking carefully at the pics

Scizor Master
12th December 2002, 09:02 PM
Yet there's something called lying intelligently, Scizor Master

Hey, I never said I belived him, I was just stating that not everyone has a digi cam or scanner. By the way, nice sig.

IcyLapras
12th December 2002, 09:42 PM
Well Pidgey isn't on the obtainables pokemon list, so it obviously isn't obtainable, legally.

Crystal Vulpix
13th December 2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Darkgel

Anyway, winning a Pidgey is pretty... Good? Oh god, let us win a Mew!

And you have right! I won Mew yesterday:D
He has 30 level, and he holding Master Ball!!!:o

RaichuRocks
13th December 2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Crystal Vulpix
And you have right! I won Mew yesterday:D
He has 30 level, and he holding Master Ball!!!:o

seriously? or are you having fun?

Crystal Vulpix
13th December 2002, 12:41 AM
It was only a joke -_-
Bicause that guy said about Pidgey (you can`t have Pidgey in R/S without game shark)

RaichuRocks
13th December 2002, 12:53 AM
ah!

thats too bad

I hope someday, secret places are revealed

Nightingale23
13th December 2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Nightingale23
Just checked:

Well I said he's lying and here's the proof:
Go check the GameFAQs message board... it has the same thread name, the same message posted inside it... there he admitted lying.. by saying sth like "looks like my brother posted this" or sth like that.. and he hasn't replied yet.. why's that?

Mew2Too
13th December 2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
*Sigh* Should I even respond? First, we have this little thing called commonsense. You can't apply commonsense to the game, but you can to the anime.
Thank you, goodbye.

Heh heh! Why's that. Both game and animation have a storyline. Both follow a sort of commonsense of their own. Apparently, the game's storyline just doesn't stretch into Kanto/Johto. It also doesn't cover about half of the Pokemon out there... Yet!

So, that statement was a bit on the untrue side. However, most of the things I mentioned were just for humor value. Except for the "Giovanni is Ash's father" thing, I don't really believe in any of the concepts I mentioned.

Nathan
13th December 2002, 02:18 PM
Ooookay....... Whatever.

mudkip007
13th December 2002, 03:30 PM
is it just me or has Oddish not replied yet? That, to me, screams, "LYING!"

XF Legendz
13th December 2002, 04:50 PM
Jeez.

Feel fortunate though. Guys like this show up at gamefaqs seemingly every other day.

"OMGF!!!11ONE I FOUND JOHTO/KANTO LUUK WTF EWKRDWQRFDR!!!!"

Strategies they use to avoid revealing concrete proof:

a) Say they will e-mail the pic to anyone who asks. They then proceed to make a fake account to support their lies.

b) Pretend to be hurt when people accuse them of lying. (OMG, if you don't stop bein meen, I'm going home and taking my JOOTO pics with me!)

c) The smarter ones actually make fake pics. Very rare.

Warning; these idiots are extremely dangerous. They also masturbate frequently.

mr_pikachu
13th December 2002, 05:12 PM
Maybe there is a way to physically CATCH the old Pokemon... maybe if you dig your secret cave in the right spot you gain access to a secret area? Also, I thought a while back on someone's link I went further and discovered a picture of your character standing by a ship... I'll see if I can find where I noticed that. Anyway, these are only mere speculations and guesses, so feel free to say and do whatever you want concerning them. These are just possiblities I thought of.

mr_pikachu
13th December 2002, 05:19 PM
Okay, I admit I don't have the game, and can only go off of other people's statements. But I found the link I was talking about, and here it is:

http://home.arcor.de/norb2/green_egg/pokemon_ruby_04.png

I hope this works, seeing as I've never used links on this site before... if it doesn't, it's under the "Green Egg" links on the Ruby/Sapphire forum page, and its number 04.

Note- I am NOT in any way trying to advertise any sites, if you were wondering. Seeing as a similar link has already been posted, I think it's okay...

Nightingale23
14th December 2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by mr_pikachu
Okay, I admit I don't have the game, and can only go off of other people's statements. But I found the link I was talking about, and here it is:

http://home.arcor.de/norb2/green_egg/pokemon_ruby_04.png

I hope this works, seeing as I've never used links on this site before... if it doesn't, it's under the "Green Egg" links on the Ruby/Sapphire forum page, and its number 04.

Note- I am NOT in any way trying to advertise any sites, if you were wondering. Seeing as a similar link has already been posted, I think it's okay...

hmmmmm... interesting.. never seen this one, it doesnt seem fake to me (no blur, no mirrored stuff...) cool :yes:

Charidron
14th December 2002, 12:01 PM
His standing there alone? It's looks to be booring to do that:P
Anyway I think that is real. I don't know how to see it but it dosn't have so much there sĺ I think(and hope) it's real.

Gamewizard
14th December 2002, 12:33 PM
it is impossible to get 1-251(old dex) without a shark, i have asked top admins at nintendo.:yes:

Scizor Master
14th December 2002, 01:17 PM
Warning; these idiots are extremely dangerous. They also masturbate frequently

Dude, that was SO unecessary.......:D

it is impossible to get 1-251(old dex) without a shark, i have asked top admins at nintendo.

Oh really. It amazes me how many people have contact with these top Nintendo admins. Well, then, if you really know these admins so well, why don't you ask them what the heck they put the old ones in for!!!!!?????

ace
14th December 2002, 01:48 PM
That ship is the one that takes you to the battle tower, im 99% certain,cos this pic was revealed as the battle tower ship in another thread, but you can't see the rest of Olivine,just the battle tower.

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 06:43 PM
That ship also takes you to the island with the Green Egg thing. You need the Infinity ticket(which you can only get by cheating) and you also need to talk to some old guy, and pick some options. I'm very specific, aren't I? I read it at Gamefaqs, I'll have to go back and copy it here. I remember that when you talk to the guy, and choose some options(correctly), you'll be able to go to the island(with the infinity ticket). Those people also said a new option appears on one of your menus, although they haven't figured out what it does yet. They think something to do with trading with someone else. This is all from Gamefaqs, but my memory isn't that great.

Chrisodeo
14th December 2002, 10:29 PM
Actually, you recieve the Infinity Ticket after beating the league, from your father. I've got some pics for ya... they're real too! Just look! Clicky link. For more, replace Sapp1.png with Sapp2.png, all the way to Sapp10.png. That's when my camera ran out of film.

http://www.freewebs.com/turrtle1337/Sapp1.png

Seriously, The boat takes you from South Island (with the egg-thing), to a normal town. It takes you directly inside one of those big blue pool-lookin buildings. Not Kanto or Johto. Although it can take you to the Battle Tower, South Island is not one of the options.

XF Legendz
14th December 2002, 10:43 PM
Infinity ticket is for latios/latias. Go to meowth's site and look under updates. :D

Oddish17
14th December 2002, 10:55 PM
Seems pointless to me, since you can catch Latios and Latias in the wild.

Chrisodeo, which of those pics shows you getting the Infinity Ticket?

Azura Stardust
14th December 2002, 11:08 PM
Chrisodeo: that boat looks very familiar... like the sunken ship... so you get this ticket after the league? Funky... I'm going to try that.. is that boat like the sunken ship?

Dark Scizor
15th December 2002, 08:47 AM
This battle tower, is it eh same one from the Crystal version or a completely new one? Anyway to the person who said you can't get the 1-251(old dex), why can you capture Heracross, Pinsir, and Pikachu etc. since there in the original 251?

Cferra
15th December 2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Dark Scizor
This battle tower, is it eh same one from the Crystal version or a completely new one? Anyway to the person who said you can't get the 1-251(old dex), why can you capture Heracross, Pinsir, and Pikachu etc. since there in the original 251?

Those old ones are in the Safari Zone. That's why you can catch them there. As for the others, it's more and more likely that a Game Cube game will unlock the pokemon since their pics, states, pokedex and sprites are already programmed in the game. I doubt Nintendo would waste time putting that programming in if there wasn't a way to get them. We'll just have to wait and see.

L_X

GrnMarvl13
15th December 2002, 09:19 AM
I think I can help here:

1. The battle tower is new, not related at all to the one in Olivine.
2. You can either catch Latios or Latias, depending on the version (if this is incorrect, the correct me, but it's what everyone's said and from my own experiences, I have yet to disprove it).
3. The green egg thing can only be gotten to by a code, although I've heard rumors that you can get the second infinity ticket from a special Nintendo promotion thing like with Mew and Celebi in previous games.

Maybe I've said things that have already been said, but it seemed like this might clear SOMETHING up.