PDA

View Full Version : About Manaphy...

Pokemaster Ash
9th March 2007, 06:24 AM
Okay, I'm just a little curious as to what the rule is for transferring Manaphy from Ranger to D/P. Is it possible to get a Manaphy egg per playthrough of Ranger, or is there just one period per Ranger cart?

The reason I asked, I want to get Manaphy in both Diamond and Pearl, and thus I purchased Ranger. In just a couple of short days, I'm already near the very end of the game! I figured since Ranger is this easy to play, I'd play through it once and get Manaphy in Diamond, then play again and get one for Pearl. Of course, it helps to know if I can really do that. (Keeping in mind, I'm one of those perfectionists. I've got a full National Dex in FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald.)

TKnHappyNess
9th March 2007, 12:32 PM
If you want another Manaphy egg, you'll have to restart your game on Ranger. Once you complete it, put the password in the Ranger Net, and complete the Manaphy mission again, you can transfer it to the other.

Pokemaster Ash
9th March 2007, 09:51 PM
Okay, so it's not a one time only period thing. You can do it once per save. Good. Saves me a little trouble. (Diaruga & Parukia, Darkrai, Sheimi, and Aruseus will be another story...)

The Blue Avenger
9th March 2007, 09:58 PM
Really? I thought that you could only do it once per cart. They're having the same debate over at GameFAQs, and there doesn't seem to be a consensus yet, although people seem to be leaning towards 'once per cart.'

I'd test it, but I'm not brave enough, heh. At least not until I transfer my egg over.

Pokemaster Ash
10th March 2007, 12:37 PM
Well hopefully that's not the case and it can be done over and over....provided you replay through the whole game... Of course, it would be nice if someone knew for sure.