PDA

View Full Version : dt VS Wurz (Ref: Hyperness is a Good Thing)

darktyranitar
13th March 2007, 07:39 AM
Righto, comeback to ASB! So let's go down and party!

Same Pokemon battle
Pokemon: 1 vs 1
I attack first
Arena: The Darkness of the Soul. Almost pitch black, this arena is lit by four torches; one in each corner, for it is a square. The torches glow with an eerie blue light, and emit no smoke. In the centre of the arena, just lit enough to be visible, there is a small square pad with a large question mark etched into it. If a Pokemon stands on this pad, one of four things could happen; (to be decided on the roll of a dice by the referee) 1) The Pokemon regains a portion of Health (up to 10%) 2) The Pokemon regains a portion of Energy (up to 10%) 3) The Pokemon is struck by a random status ailment 4) The Pokemon is healed of a random status ailment (if they are afflicted by many) This arena is best for Dark types, naturally.
DQ: A week
Banned Moves: Health recovery moves, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, Attract, Explosion, Selfdestruct

We both agreed we’d both use the same Pokemon. I choose Selena, my female Absol.

Selena, begin with a Sword Dance. Then go for an Aerial Ace, followed by a Faint Attack. Make it a fast strike.

Sword Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Faint Attack.

A ref is highly needed, please.

Weasel Overlord
13th March 2007, 11:32 AM
Quee! I send out Theo de Veren, my male Absol! Surprisingly enough..

Theo my love! Start things off with a Future Sight! Follow that up with a Faint Attack of your own, disappear as Selena is about to attack you! Finish the round by Countering that Faint Attack! Get some damage done! ^_^

~Future Sight ~Faint Attack (disappear just as Selena is about to attack) ~Counter

Hyperness is a Good Thing
7th April 2007, 03:53 AM
Heya, I'm back for my first reffing stint in ages. I sort of promised dt I'll apply to be the ref of this lovely battle if you guys haven't gotten a ref yet after a week...
so Wurz, d'ya mind if I ref for y'all? ^_^

Weasel Overlord
7th April 2007, 10:59 AM
Yay! I most certainly do NOT mind! ^_^ Thanks Hype!

10th April 2007, 12:32 AM
Forgive the rusty reffing… and do make haste to correct any foolish errors that you see ^_^
Oh, as usual, I don’t believe in Energy KOs, basically, any Pokemon on zero energy misses one round to relax, and is generally slower and weaker after reaching zero, but is still able to attack, defend yada yada.
Of course, if you want EKO, do say so ^_^

dt vs Wurz

Arena: The Darkness of the Soul.
Almost pitch black, this arena is lit by four torches; one in each corner, for it is a square. The torches glow with an eerie blue light, and emit no smoke. In the centre of the arena, just lit enough to be visible, there is a small square pad with a large question mark etched into it. If a Pokemon stands on this pad, one of four things could happen; (to be decided on the roll of a dice by the referee) 1) The Pokemon regains a portion of Health (up to 10%) 2) The Pokemon regains a portion of Energy (up to 10%) 3) The Pokemon is struck by a random status ailment 4) The Pokemon is healed of a random status ailment (if they are afflicted by many) This arena is best for Dark types, naturally.

Pre-Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa359.png
Selena // ♀
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Sword Dance ~ Aerial Ace ~ Faint Attack.

Team Weasel
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/emespr/emespr359.png
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Future Sight ~Faint Attack (disappear just as Selena is about to attack) ~Counter

Battle Begins: Round 1
Theme song: Otherworld
Go into the sand and the dust in the sky
Go now, there's no better plan than to do or to die
Free me pray to the faith in the face of the light
Feed me fill me with sin now get ready to fight

The long anticipated battle can now begin – but there are no spectators, no cheering fans. Who dare be present at the battle where not one, but two disaster Pokemon battle it out to the end? Nay, most have hidden in their homes, praying that the Apocalypse is not nigh, save the two daring, or should I say foolhardy trainers settle their score.

Selena does not hesitate, and launches herself in the graceful spinning dance, fully aware of her surroundings, but filling herself with the calmness of a peaceful lake, focusing her mind and her abilities for the gruelling fight that is to come. At the same time, Theo ignores his opponent and his crimson eyes flare as they are filled with an unearthly glow. The air around him flickers momentarily, and pressure lowers, suddenly dispersing with a slight popping noise.

Taking the opening that she sees, she leaps gracefully at him, the scythe-like projection on the left of her head glowing with a steely glint that bodes great pain for Theo. Taking deep breaths, he waits as ordered until she is almost upon him, and suddenly his form wavers and disappears. Selena crashes to the ground backpaddles madly, trying to turn her head in every direction at once, expecting him to be behind her, and is taken completely by surprise as he smashes into her side and darts away.

Leaping to her feet, she in turn disappears, leaving Theo panting, the fur of his coat rippling as he is surrounded by a faint white aura. She strikes with an incredible speed, and hits her mark hard, but is thrown back as she finds herself hit by an invisible force. Landing on all fours, she circles her opponent, as Theo eyes her warily.

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health:
100% - (7+8)
= 100 - 15
= 85%
Energy:
100% - (4+5+6)
= 100 - 15
= 85%

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 100 - 4
= 96%
Energy:
100% - (8+6+7)
= 100 - 21
= 79%

ref’s notes:
1 - future sight has not hit yet.
2 - arena is unaffected

Weasel Overlord
10th April 2007, 06:05 AM
Pff, rusty! Ace reffing, Hype! ^_^

Right Theo, let's grab hold of this advantage! Start the round with an Aerial Ace! Follow up by fading away with another Faint Attack just as you hit with the Aerial Ace, and finish the round with a Thunderbolt.

~Aerial Ace ~Faint Attack ~Thunderbolt

16th April 2007, 08:55 PM
it's almost been a week...where on earth is DT?

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 09:07 PM
Err... sorry guys, didn't notice this earlier...

Right, Selena. Why don't you counter that Aerial Ace with your own Aerial Ace? Since Theo wants to disappear, let's use this chance to raise your attack with a Sword Dance. End with a Flamethrower.

Should the future sight comes, use Faint Attack to dodge out of the way.

Aerial Ace ~ Sword Dance ~ Flamethrower
Sub: Faint Attack

17th April 2007, 11:25 PM
dt vs Wurz

Pre-Round Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 85%
Energy: 85%
Aerial Ace ~ Sword Dance ~ Flamethrower
Sub: Faint Attack

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health: 96%
Energy: 79%
Aerial Ace ~Faint Attack ~Thunderbolt

Getting into Gear : Round 2
Wasting no time, Theo leaps at Selena, who twists gracefully and they strike at the same time with a loud clashing, both thrown backwards by the force of their collision. Recovering quickly, Theo darts into imperceptibility. Selena attempts to calm down her mind but a slight buzzing of psychic energy in the air around her warns her just before a huge blast of psychic energy hits. Confused, she attempts to abort the Swords Dance but is unable to flicker out of view when Theo seizes his chance to attack.

The twin bodies mesh and roll, but ends with Selena finding herself on her back, held down by Theo's weight. His fur sparks maniacally as she feels electricity course through her, bristling up her mane and hair. Shuddering slightly, she pushes him away with much effort, and directs a steady stream of fire that singes him badly.

When the flames disperse, Theo is left, breathing heavily, his fur singed and his pride sore. Selena smirks a little, standing her ground.

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health:
85% - (6+8+10)
= 85 - 24
= 61%
Energy:
85% - (4+7+7)
= 85 - 18
= 67%

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 96% - (6+10)
= 96 - 16
= 80%
Energy:
79% - (5+6+7)
= 79% - 18
= 61%

ref’s notes:
1 - I do not count future sight as something that a Pokemon can dodge, because the nature of that attack is such that it strikes at the best time, meaning the opponent will be at a total disadvantage then. HOWEVER, I forgot to mention earlier that Future Sight is a Psychic attack, and as Selena is a dark type, it jolly well won't hurt her at all. >.> Hence, it distracted her, instead of damaging her. Additionally, once an attack is launched/started, aborting it to abruptly switch to a totally different kind of attack is rather illogical and difficult for a Pokemon, plus it wastes much much energy and confuses the poor Pokemon anyway.
2 - I actually forgot to take note of type advantages/disadvantages for attacks, but good news for Faint Attack junkies, damage will not decrease, because I believe that the dark powers were used only to disappear, and the actual attacking is more of a physical thing.
3 - Paralysis, burning etc are determined by the almighty dice. Question them not.
4 - Feel free to voice any complaints, but not too loudly. I'm sensitive to extremely loud noises. ^_^

Extra note: Arena still undamaged. La di da di da. I wonder if I should start playing with random probabilities next round, and letting the Pokemon step on the interesting pad thing in the middle as they battle. Wouldn't that be FUN?

darktyranitar
19th April 2007, 10:06 AM
Oh, no you don't. We have enough fun, thank you.

OK, Selena. Let's start with an Iron Tail. Follow up with a Faint Attack, and end with Thunderbolt.

Iron Tail ~ Faint Attack ~ Thunderbolt

Oh, btw, nice reffing Xhin ^^

Weasel Overlord
19th April 2007, 12:54 PM
Okay Theo, use a Counter to, well, counter that Iron Tail. Follow up by again, Countering that Faint Attack, and finally, use a Flash to disorientate Selena and make her Thunderbolt miss.

~Counter ~Counter ~Flash

19th April 2007, 10:37 PM
thanks Faiz..and I'm still trying to decide on the fun thing ^^

dt vs Wurz

Pre-Round Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 61%
Energy: 67%
Iron Tail ~ Faint Attack ~ Thunderbolt

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health: 80%
Energy: 61%
Counter ~Counter ~Flash

Round 3

My life
You electrify my life
Let's conspire to re-ignite
All the souls that would die just to feel alive

But I'll never let you go
If you promised not to fade away
Never fade away
Muse // Starlight

Weaving sinuously, Selena darts around, looking for an opportune moment while Theo gathers his strength, watching her warily. Spotting an opening, she bounds forward, and with a quick flick, opens a gash on the unresisting Theo's side with her steel hardened tail. The glow around Theo intensifies with a sudden burst, and she falls back onto her haunches with a long gash down her chest.

Undeterred, she blinks and gets to her feet, and disappears in a faint shimmer. Theo's wound is bleeding freely, and he turns his head to lick it, his body tense. His pulse accelerates, and suddenly, he is struck from behind. Once again, with a faint shimmering, Selena is suddenly hit by a hard force that sends her tumbling back head over heels.

Struggling to get up, she bares her teeth, obviously unhappy with the turn of events. Her fur starts to sparkle with electricity as she gathers a charge within her body, glaring at her opponent. Theo takes a deep breath, stares at his opponent deeply, and, with no warning, emits a startling energy that lights up the dark arena in a blinding flash.

Roaring, Selena, releases a bolt of lightning at the last spot she had seen Theo at, and is satisfied to hear a short yelp, proving that she did manage to do some damage. Theo ceases his attack, and nurses a sore paw that had gotten in the way of the thunderbolt. Feeling slightly numbed, he shakes it rapidly, trying to return the blood flow to it. Selena on the other hand is blinking furiously, trying to clear all the pretty spots of of her eyes.

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health:
61% - (8+9)
= 61 - 17
= 44%
Energy:
67% - (6+6+7)
= 67 - 19
= 48%

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 80% - (5+6+3)
= 80 - 14
= 66%
Energy:
61% - (6+7+5)
= 61% - 18
= 43%

ref’s notes:
1 - For a while I was at loss as to whether Absols had tails >.>
2 - Ignore the Muse. It's for my own pleasure
3 - I'm hungry. It may account for the weirdness in general and the odd ref comments

Weasel Overlord
21st April 2007, 06:34 PM
YAYMUSE! *cough*

Okay! Theo my love, since Selena's temporarily blinded, lets get some attacks in! Start off with an Ice Beam, I think. Then follow it right up with a Shadow Ball, and finally, use a Shock Wave.

~Ice Beam ~Shadow Ball ~Shock Wave

darktyranitar
21st April 2007, 11:38 PM
Don't we all love Muse? ^^

Anyway...

I know you're temporarily blind, but you can still hear where Theo is, right? So use Faint Attack to hit him while dodging the Ice Beam in the process. Now you should be near him. Use Double Edge, and end with a Fire Blast.

Faint Attack ~ Double Edge ~ Fire Blast

22nd April 2007, 07:34 AM
dt vs Wurz

Pre-Round Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 44%
Energy: 48%
Faint Attack ~ Double Edge ~ Fire Blast

Team Weasel
Health: 66%
Energy: 43%
Ice Beam ~Shadow Ball ~Shock Wave

Round 4
Gathering his energy, Theo directs an icy beam directly at Selena, who is still shaking her head in an attempt to clear her sight. She manages to vanish, but not before her side is struck by the beam, icy crystals forming on her fur.

Using other senses other than sight, Selena attempts to attack Theo, and her efforts are not in vain as she feels herself contact with a solid, warm body. Theo manages to keep his balance even against this assault, and Selena is caught unawares by a sudden numbing ball of pain that spreads throughout her body. Even though her inherent ability against attacks of a ghostly nature somewhat dull the edge of that attack, it is nevertheless agony. Muscles twitching, she is unable to obey her master's commands to attack. However, on the plus side, she has almost regained her full vision.

Once again gathering electrical energy deep within himself, Theo releases a flurry of sparks at Selena, who reacts swiftly, calling up a deep blast of fire that advances towards Theo with an alarming rapidity, striking him hard and true. Some of his fur, especially near his ruff, is almost completely seared off, and his flesh is marked deeply with what looks to be first and second degree burns.

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health:
44% - (7+5+8)
= 44 - 20
= 24%
Energy:
48% - (4+8)
= 48 - 12
= 36%
Status: Getting dangerously low on health, and in some pain

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 66% - (7+12)
= 66 - 19
= 47%
Energy:
43% - (5+6+6)
= 43% - 17
= 26%

ref’s notes:
1 - The almighty dice were much used.
2 - The ref's college starts tomorrow and henceforth, the ref may be unable to post reffings as often as she would like.
3 - I have decided I will implement the "stepping on the middle panel" at random intervals the next round...maybe about once or twice ^_^ As usual, the dice will determine everything. I'm doing this because I feel that the arena is not playing much of a part in this battle. Not fun =(

darktyranitar
22nd April 2007, 11:37 PM
Awww... and just when I'm gonna say your reffing is fast...

You want fun? Sure, go ahead ^^

Okay, Selena. Let's start thing off with a Shadow Ball. Then, use Flamethrower, and end with a Thunderbolt.

Shadow Ball ~ Flamethrower ~ Thunderbolt

Weasel Overlord
27th April 2007, 08:59 PM
Okay Theo! I want you to explode that Shadow Ball with your own Flamethrower! Then use a Faint Attack to get out of the way of that other Flamethrower, and finish up by, oh hell, standing on the mysterious pad of wonder! Let's let Xhinny use her dice. XD

~Flamethrower ~Faint Attack ~Stand on Pad

1st May 2007, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry the reffing's gonna be a little late... haven't been on for a few days AND today when I come on to ref...
my online dice isn't working and I can't find my real dice. REALLY SORRY =.= I'll try to get it up by tomorrow ^_^U

darktyranitar
1st May 2007, 10:30 AM
Sure. We don't mind the waiting.

Right, Weas?

2nd May 2007, 09:19 AM
dt vs Wurz

Pre-Round Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 24%
Energy: 36%
Status: Getting dangerously low on health, and in some pain
Shadow Ball ~ Flamethrower ~ Thunderbolt

Team Weasel
Health: 47%
Energy: 26%
Flamethrower ~Faint Attack ~Stand on Pad

Round 5
This time it is Selena who strikes first, releasing a ball seemingly made out of light-absorbing darkness, straight at Theo. He in turn ignores his pain from his burns and calls up a pretty decent sheet of fire. Both attacks pass harmlessly through each other, hitting their targets right on. Selena tastes heat from the flames, whereas Theo grits his teeth through the pain, thanking his innate darkness for a resistance towards all things paranormal.

Trying to seize her perceived advantage, Selena directs a stream of flames towards Theo, who smirks a little before disappearing. Knowing what is coming next, Selena readies herself for the impact, and manages to keep her footing despite a full body slam from Theo. Slightly dazed, she nevertheless gathers electricity, while her foe wastes no time in leaping onto the dimly glowing pad.

A sudden burst of light surrounds the male Absol, bathing him in its warm glow. Selena watches as it turns blue and disappears into his body. When it has totally faded, Theo is left, his fur restored to its former glory, and there is no trace of any of his terrible burns. Selena chooses this moment to unleash the charge that she has been accumulating, and scores a direct hit. When the sparks fade, Theo is still standing, glaring defiantly even as his muscles twitch uncontrollably as an aftereffect from that attack.

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health:
24% - (9+7)
= 24 - 16
= 8%
Energy:
36% - (5+5+5)
= 36 - 15
= 21%

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 47% - (5+10)
= 47 - 15
= 32%
Energy:
26% - (5+5)
= 26% - 10
= 16%

ref’s notes:
1 - My pretty online dice aren't working, and still couldn't locate my Axis and Allies set with all its dice so I resorted to a random number generator. ^_^
2 - I figured the flames and the shadow ball wouldn't affect each other in the first attack.

Weasel Overlord
6th May 2007, 09:42 AM
Oopsitiddles, didn't realise it was me... ^_^"

Theo my love! I want you to start with a Swift! Follow up with a Shock Wave and finally, end with a nice Aerial Ace! Hopefully that should finish her off!

~Swift ~Shock Wave ~Aerial Ace

darktyranitar
7th May 2007, 09:55 AM
Well.... Sucker Punch all the way, Selena. Sucker Punch until you drop.

9th May 2007, 03:20 AM
Erm. You mean by sucker punch to just simply whack unexpectedly at Theo whenever she sees fit?
or is this some new pokemon attack that I haven't heard of?

darktyranitar
9th May 2007, 03:31 AM
Yup. It's a new attack. (kinda sucky name, dontcha think? :P)

Sucker Punch

Battle Effect: Always strike first, but fails if foe is not using attacking move.

Battle Type: Dark

Base Power: 80

Accuracy: 100%

9th May 2007, 04:56 AM
dt vs Wurz

Pre-Round Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 8%
Energy: 21%
Sucker PunchX3

Team Weasel
Health: 32%
Energy: 16%
Swift ~Shock Wave ~Aerial Ace

Round 6
Even as the round begins, Selena is prepared to go down fighting. She dashes forward with a burst of speed that shouldn't be possible at the state she's in. Glowing with dark energy, she strikes, knocking Theo down. He gets to his feet a little gingerly, still feeling the aftereffects of the thunderbolt. However, Swift fails him not, and Selena's already battered physique can just barely take that punishment.

Trembling all over, she nevertheless continues with another fast assault, though it is much weaker than the first. Theo suffers through her last brave attempt, and ends it all with a glorious array of crackling bolts that hit with unmerciful accuracy, bringing her down at last.

As she falls to her side and gets up no more, he bows his head, before turning and returning to his trainer.

"THAT WAS AMAZING, Theo dahling!" shatters the silence that had previously shrouded the arena. "I simply must call Namie to tell her all about this. And I am so glad that your gorgeous fur hasn't been harmed even a bit! I was devastated when you were burnt, but that marvellous pad restored you to your glorious perfection, dahling. If it hadn't, I would have been distraught. Don't ever do that to me again! "

Post Battle Stats:
Team Faiz
Selena // ♀
Health: 0
Energy: 0

Team Weasel
Theo de Veren // ♂
Health:
= 32% - (10+6)
= 32% - 16%
= 16%
Energy:
16% - (5+5)
= 16% - 10%
= 6%

ref’s notes:
1 - Lessee, Wurz gets 2 points, Faiz gets 1, and we're done! ^_^ Yay us.
2 - I had to let Aubrey make a cameo. He's one of my favourite characters created recently by anyone in the RPG forum. (apologies for character stealing and OOCness >.>)

Weasel Overlord
9th May 2007, 05:13 AM
IT'S AUBS! *glomps Xhinny* Thanks for awesome and fast reffings, dahling! And good battle, Faiz! XD *runs off with points*

darktyranitar
9th May 2007, 05:14 AM
Dahling! Hehe ^^

Good game, Wease. And thanks for the reffing, Hypes!

9th May 2007, 08:49 AM
You're welcome dahlings ^_~ *toddles off*
You may be the last two to sample my old reffing style, I'm thinking of changing it soon... *got bored*