PDA

View Full Version : Mew

Ash_of_pallet_town
16th March 2007, 09:56 AM
Dose enyone know how to get a mew with out cheating on Leaf Green. I really need one. Its the only one I need to complete my national dex.
And a side note I saw and cot a Celebi. I dont know how and I dont really care but I have it. By the way if you cut all of the grass in the Berry Forest you might find a Celebi. At least thats what I did.

Jeff
16th March 2007, 08:42 PM
On which version? The only versions where Mew is avaliable without cheating or going to an event are red, blue, and yellow, where Mew can be caught through a glitch.

Hinoryu
16th March 2007, 09:40 PM
The glitch in the red and blue game pretty much requires you to have avoided a few trainers early on. It's possible to do with multiple trainers, and even wild Pokemon, but it's very hard. You have to battle a pokemon with a certain Special stat, and then interrupt the game when it starts a trainer battle by Flying to Lavender Town. The same glitch, when repeated in Yellow, simply yields a Missingno.

mr_pikachu
17th March 2007, 01:00 AM
Advanced Generation subforum (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

Not only is that the proper place for a question about Pokemon LeafGreen, but we need some extra activity there right now anyway.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th March 2007, 05:20 AM
I sent my copy of Pokémon Red to Australia to guy named ILikePokemon;P who was here, in 2003, I think, and he put two Mews in my game. OTs were AUS and NAL so it wasn't cheating.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th March 2007, 03:48 AM
Heh, Mew the only Pokémon I ever got by using a cheat of sorts. It's really annoying that a Pokémon cannot be received properly unless you send the game in or attend one of the few events Nintendo held for it. I say few because there weren't many in Europe as far as I know, none in Austria at all where I live. The glitch is IMO cheating too.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
22nd March 2007, 06:11 AM
Do you mean that there never was that king of happening in Austria? I have heard that Nin-ten-doo has been even here in Finland sharing Mews so why not in Austria, which is a bigger country in population, I think.

I don't know if my offical Mews are rare where I live. At least they come from Australia!

mr_pikachu
22nd March 2007, 06:22 AM
Lots of areas get skipped by Nintendo. While the US always has such events and likely will participate in whatever events are to come in the future, my state almost always gets overlooked. (Living in Oklahoma sucks sometimes.)

The only Mew I ever got was in a trade from a friend. Considering the situation, I assume in retrospect that he GameSharked it. I suppose I could get one now using the Mew glitch... but since I can't even find anyone who'll battle me using the new games, there certainly won't be anyone who wants to play with the old ones. (Besides, I dislike using legendaries in PvP battles, anyway.)

Lady Vulpix
28th March 2007, 04:55 PM
As far as I know, it's impossible to get Mew, Celebi and the likes where I live. We've never had one of those events.