PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling quite belligerent right now, so...

Phoenixsong
16th March 2007, 11:00 PM
I just lost a battle and one of my others appears to have been dropped, so um.

Single Battle
2 on 2
DQ: Standard Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Rest
Banned Pokémon: No evolutions for your first choice (non-evolvers are also excluded). It's all right if your second Pokémon is evolved.
Damage Cap: 35%

Arena: Ember Spa

Just off of One Island in the Sevii Islands, Kindle Road leads up to a previously hidden mountain hot spring now called Ember Spa. Several large pools of soothingly hot water are around a large, spacious, sandy area perfect for battling. This is where the Pokémon begin.

Moves that involve water, such as Surf, can be accomplished using the spring water. Remember to take into account, however, the fact that the water is pretty hot; so, for example, using Surf on a frozen Pokémon has a fairly good chance of thawing it. Because the battle takes place inside a cave, weather moves will have absolutely no effect; Thunder will not work, either. Earthquake/Magnitude can be used, but they are not advisable... the ground is soft enough to Dig in, however.

A Pokémon can use an action to take a dip in the hot springs to recover 10% Health and 5% Energy, but this can only be done a maximum of three times; after that, the other spa-goers will become annoyed and throw/rush the offender out of the pool. Pokémon only recover HP/Energy if they enter the pool voluntarily; if they are thrown into the pool by an attack or lose their footing, they will be forced out immediately. It should be noted that one of the spa-goers in the large, main spring is a very touchy Nidoking (hey, it can learn Surf; why can't it relax in a hot spring?). Should a Pokémon be thrown/fall into his pool or try to relax in it one too many times, he will painfully evict him/her/it with one of four attacks, decided at random by the ref: Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower, Megahorn or Thunderbolt. These attacks should do damage/cause effects exactly as if Nidoking was one of the battlers. And no, Nidoking cannot be attacked under penalty of being held down by the other bathers and forcefully Horn Drilled.

Pokémon that are forced to swim are excluded from the eviction penalty. However, they do not constantly regain health/energy as they are in battle, moving around and not relaxing. They must be told to stop and rest in order to gain the bonus, and should they exceed their three-rest limit the bathers will disturb them so they do not recover. If they are in Nidoking's pool, they can still be attacked but will not be thrown out.

The "three dips per Pokémon" rule does not apply to relaxing, which is not restricted. The relaxing must be done out of the water, though (unless it's a swimming Pokémon).

...Whoo! One of the most detailed arenas I've done in a while. If that's too confusing, I can attempt to clarify.

We both PM our first choices to the ref, who also decides who attacks first. A devoted ref would be appreciated. I mean, I know that stuff comes up and all, but if we could get a ref that willing to at least try and follow the DQ time him/herself, too, that'd be wunderbar. If you're anticipating extreme busy-ness, perhaps it would be best if you didn't sign up.

Now...

FIGHT ME! RAWR!

Weasel Overlord
17th March 2007, 05:56 PM
I'll take up your challenge! ^_^ Hopefully this one will actually get a ref... *waves around cookies* Cookies for refs! Extra special chocolately ones too... you know you want em!

Phoenixsong
18th March 2007, 09:26 PM
Eh, WO... I feel bad saying this, but I kinda don't want to battle anymore. It's just that that tag battle Blade posted looks so intriguing, and I kinda wanna jump on it if I can, you know? Since this would be my fourth battle... eh... and... sorry. It's not you, it's me... Of course, should another group get to it first, this challenge still stands.

Sorry; I hope you understand.