PDA

View Full Version : New Games

Ash_of_pallet_town
17th March 2007, 07:56 PM
Im totaly ready for dimand and peril to come out. by the by they come out on april 22. I just cant wait.
I must agree with mr. pikachu on the fact that you can only move your pokemon over to d/p it is quite sad. Still it is cool that you can trade them over to d/p. Cause I trained really hard (like 205 houres.)on my old pokemon.

Jeff
17th March 2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, just a little over a month to go, I still say they should have been out sooner, but apparently they were about as glitchy as Red and Blue, so I guess they had to fix some of those. I'm pretty sure most of us know about the April 22nd release so just to add a little to this, what features are everyone looking forward to the most?

I'm looking forward to the return of day and night and the role they play in alot of the evolutions (good sign that they're here to stay this time). Some people at bulbagarden mentioned that you can now run indoors, which will be a nice touch. But best of all will be the WiFi features. Version exclusives will be much easier to get now with the Global Trading Station (as it's apparently going to be called in the English versions).

Oh and one more thing, this belongs in DP. :wave:

mr_pikachu
18th March 2007, 01:56 AM
Yes, WiFi definitely is the best new feature. The return and expansion of day/night will also be good; I'm curious as to whether specific six-hour periods will affect some of the evolutions, or if days will just be split into 12-hour sections like they were in GSC for the purposes of evolution. (The further divisions will almost certainly affect capture rates, but restricting evolutions in the same manner might cause problems for school-age children.)

I do wish they would have added further weather effects in addition to the day/night extension. Windstorms/tornadoes/hurricanes, thunderstorms, and a few others could have been pretty cool. But the biggest point of frustration for me is the inability to trade between DP and RSEFrLg. Sure, you can send your Advanced Generation Pokemon to Diamond/Pearl. But it's a little sad to know that once they've been transferred, they can never return no matter what you do.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
19th March 2007, 03:52 AM
Whoa, they are already being released in April? I'm really not up-to-date anymore.

*moves to DP*

Pokemaster Ash
19th March 2007, 11:21 PM
I'm looking forward to a lot of the stuff in D/P, save maybe the extent that one has to go through to get Mirakuge (need to re-look up its english name). Only thing that disappoints me is that there's still those event items needed to get certain legendaries... Then again, I guess getting them is worth it for Darkrai and Arceus.

And I'm still not 100% sure how the Manaphy thing is gonna work. *still wonders if it's one Manaphy per Ranger save, or one Manaphy per Ranger cart..*

Blademaster
19th March 2007, 11:28 PM
Mirakuge's English name has been confirmed to be 'Spiritomb.'

And don't bother making a DBZ reference if response to that name - DarkestLight beat you to it.

Phoenixsong
20th March 2007, 06:51 AM
Pokemaster Ash: My lurking on the NSider forums has directed me to a comment that someone made on the subject. He had beaten the game and obtained the Manaphy egg, but he was growing bored and wanted to restart Ranger to play again. He posted saying that it turned out he still had the egg even after restarting. Possibly if you restart after transferring the egg you can get another, but other than that it looks like one per cart.

Pokemaster Ash
20th March 2007, 05:23 PM
Hm... I guess I'll have to try to find ways to get around that if it's true. Oh well...

And Spiritomb.... I think they could have done better...