PDA

View Full Version : TML vs Shuppet Master (Ref: kitsun)

The_Missing_Link
19th March 2007, 11:33 PM
You can make up the rules but I request a ban on rest, substitute and status effect healers (like heal bell)

Shuppet Master
20th March 2007, 12:22 AM
I can battle you, since nobody wanted to referee my own battle. And I'll accept the ban - none of my Pokemon use those moves anyways. Any ideas where you want to battle?

The_Missing_Link
20th March 2007, 01:24 AM
Everything is up to you - location, DQ time, who sends and picks first

Shuppet Master
20th March 2007, 11:15 AM
Okay, but we'll need a ref. Is there a way we can get a ref without waiting for someone to spot this and reply?

EDIT: Okay, I might as well put up the rest of the stuff while waiting for someone to ref.

Since I haven't had a battle yet, let's do a simple non-conditional arena for the battle - the top of Mt. Battle from Orre. If you don't know where that is, it's a giant arena with a big red "100" at the center, worn through with years of use. It is suspended over the crater of Mt. Battle, which is a giant dormant volcano bubbling with lava(so the crater has the bottom filled with lava).

DQ time will be the usual ASB DQ time, a week of real time. You can send and pick first, Missing_Link.

The_Missing_Link
25th March 2007, 12:16 AM
I'll use Shino, my male Ariados

Edit: How many Pokemon are we going to use?

Shuppet Master
25th March 2007, 09:12 AM
Well, how many would you like to use? I know that the rules say it is okay to be in more than one battle, but I didn't see anything about whether a Pokemon who is in one battle or contest can participate in another, so I'm not sure if it's okay to have my Pokemon be in two places at the same time.

Blademaster
25th March 2007, 03:53 PM
Technically, it ISN'T the same time - YOU can't be in more than one place at one time, either, but you're allowed to be in four different battles at once. So, it stands to reason, then, that all of your battles take place at different times, meaning you can use the same Pokemon in multiple battles.

kitsun
25th March 2007, 08:14 PM
I shall ref this battle, if you will accept an unofficiated ref. Gotta have something to do while waiting for my own reffings.

Shuppet Master
26th March 2007, 02:07 AM
Blademaster: Thanks, I'm glad someone clarified that. I knew there was a rule about that, but I didn't read the FAQ completely. :)

kitsun: I don't care if you were some hack off the Serebii.net forums looking for something else to haunt, you're free to ref the battle. (just kidding about the hack thing, okay?)

The_Missing_Link: As I said before, you can send out your Pokemon and attack first, like I did with my battle with Hinoryu. I'm not doing it to get advantage over you, I'm just getting adjusted to ASB. Next battle, I'll flip a coin or let the other guy decide who goes first.

The_Missing_Link
26th March 2007, 11:17 AM
First, you need to decide how many Pokemon we're using. I'm not choosing, you are

Second, it's very unfair for a person to pick and choose attacks first, whether your intentions are good or not. You have immediate type and attack advantage over your opponent and using it as an excuse to get used to ASB is stupid

Blademaster
26th March 2007, 05:45 PM
Oh, for Ra's sake...

Becca already sent out, so Shup sends out and attacks.

As for the number of Pokemon, since Shup only has 4, Mr. Random Number Generator decided that this will be a 2-on-2 battle, 1 Pokemon at a time.

There, was that so difficult?

The_Missing_Link
26th March 2007, 07:32 PM
Oh, for Ra's sake...

Becca already sent out, so Shup sends out and attacks.

As for the number of Pokemon, since Shup only has 4, Mr. Random Number Generator decided that this will be a 2-on-2 battle, 1 Pokemon at a time.

There, was that so difficult?

geez Blade, what was shoved up your ass today?

Shuppet Master
26th March 2007, 09:32 PM
I'm so sorry. I honestly am new to this whole thing, Link, but I didn't know you would take it personally. I promise not to do that again. :(

Okay, I'll send out Gemron, my male Trapinch. (Sends out the Pokeball and his Trapinch appears.)

Gemron, start with a Sandstorm to blind that big spider. Then use Faint Attack to get a surprise attack, and finally use Dig to sneak underground and hide from any attacks it may use.

There, I sent out and attacked first. Happy? :(

The_Missing_Link
26th March 2007, 11:36 PM
Anyone who takes something online personally that wasn't meant to be malicious is quite frankly a fool. You're learning and you make mistakes, big deal. Just ask a mod for directions if you don't know what to do

And you didn't send out first. I already sent out my Ariados

Use a direct psybeam then agility to make sure he can't hit you. Finally, constrict to prevent him from going underground

Psybeam~Agility~Constrict

kitsun
28th March 2007, 05:35 PM
The_Missing_Link vs. Shuppet Master

OO vs. OO

Shino
Male Ariados
HP 100%
EN 100%
Attacks
Psybeam~Agility~Constrict

Gemron
Male Trapinch
HP 100%
EN 100%
Attacks
Sandstorm~Feint Attack~Dig

Welcome to Mt. Battle of Orre! I, Kitsun, am your announcer for this exiting match. This match is scheduled for a 2 vs. 2 battle between an ASB veteran, The_Missing_Link, and her up-and-coming challenger, Shuppet Master.

We begin this match by revealing each competetors pokemon: TML begins by revealing her great, oversized spider, Shino, the male Ariados; Shuppet responds by releasing his male Trapinch, Gemron. Strategies are discussed between trainer and pokemon, and the match begins!

Gemron begins this match by calling upon the forces of nature, summoning a biting, sand-filled wind. The surrounding area is darkened as sunlight is replaced by the hellish, dusty wind. Vision is obscured, and the competetors fade from each-other's sight. Shino focuses his compund eyes, scanning for his opponent. Spying a short, bulbous shadow, Shino skitters up to the shadow and fires a concentrated beam of psychic energy. Gemron reels in pain, as the multicolored beam blasts full on. Shino leaps backward , so as not to give Gemgon a chance to counter-strike.

Gemron regains his bearings, and focuses on cloaking himself in the surrounding shadows. Shino watches on, focusing his energy on his next action, as Gemron disappears from sight. In a flash, Shino vanishes as well, in a blur of unnatural speed. Around and around the arena he dashes, until, out of nowhere, the Trapinch appears and makes a mad swipe at the speeding spider. His blow barely connects, but still manages to inflict some damage on his foe.

Gemron starts to burrow underground, but is interrupted by a flying tackle by Shino. After tumbling around for a moment in what looks like a re-enactment of a car crash, Shino wraps his eight legs around Gemron in a death-grip. Gemron struggles to be freed, but cannot escape Shino's grasp. Shino maintains its death-grip for a few moments, squeezing tighter and tighter before releasing the painful hold.

Gemron massages its sore muscles, trying to recover from thet brutal assault. Both pokemon start to feel the effects of being sand-blasted by the biting winds.

Round 1 Results

Shino
Male Ariados
HP 91%
(Feint Attack= 2%; Agility-->Constrict= 2%;Gemron's Struggle= 3%; Sandstorm= 2%)
EN 91%
(Psybeam= 3%; Agility= 3%; Constrict= 3%)

Gemron
Male Trapinch
HP 85%
(Psybeam= 5%; Agility-->Constrict= 2%; Constrict= 6%; Sandstorm= 2%)
EN 91%
(Sandstorm= 3%; Feint Attack= 4%; Struggle= 2%)
Status: Slowed for the next round, due to Constrict; PO'ed at his opponent

Arena Notes
-Sandstorm in effect for four more rounds.

Ref's Notes

- Both pokemon took 2% damage from Shino's flying tackle (Agility-->Constrict), due to the very nature of the technique.

-Gemron did not get to use Dig, due to Constrict. However, the struggle to free himself caused some damage to Shino due to frantic bites and scratches.

The_Missing_Link
28th March 2007, 06:13 PM
I'm a girl (points at profile gender). And I think you may need to do a read through after you write a reffing; I'm noticing spelling and grammar mistakes

Use spider web to pin him to the ground and then use a double sludge bomb

Spider Web~Sludge Bomb x2

kitsun
28th March 2007, 06:19 PM
Sorrysorrysorry!

I didn't notice your profie thing under your screen name. A thousand apologies!

So other than grammatical and spellig errors, was it good for my first reffing?

The_Missing_Link
28th March 2007, 07:06 PM
It looked fine. You could possibly up the damage a bit but that's up to you

Is the sandstorm still up? In the anime, it's a one action thing but a lot of refs don't watch the anime so they ref it like the game

kitsun
28th March 2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry, it is corrected now. I haven't seen much of the series after the Orange Islands.

Shuppet Master
28th March 2007, 11:30 PM
Now wat a cotton-picking minute, kitsun! Trapinch are ground Pokemon, which are unaffected by Sandstorm! Otherwise I wouldn't have used it!

Anyways...

Gemron, use Quick Attack to escape that Spider Web, then use Dig again before that Sludge Bomb hits. We do NOT want to end up risking poison!

Quick Attack - Dig(dig into the ground) -> Dig(attack from under enemy)

kitsun
29th March 2007, 07:49 PM
Um, looking in the ASB moves list, I didn't see a reference to any type immunities to Sandstorm.

I may have missed a post though. I shall re-check, and adjust if necessary.

I will have the reffing up tomarrow.

Shuppet Master
30th March 2007, 07:10 AM
Okay, I'm going by the games, so I apologize if the ASB rules are different for Sandstorm.

The_Missing_Link
3rd April 2007, 03:14 PM
For immunities, I go by game standards (hail doesn't affect ice Pokemon, poisonous effects doesn't affect poison Pokemon)