PDA

View Full Version : <(Poll)> AWA-Con...

kitsun
21st March 2007, 11:32 PM
Just a few questions here:

1) Are you going to any conventions this year? If so, which ones? Please post links, if available, to give more information. (Not required, but helpful)

2)Are you going to, or would you like to, cosplay? If so, as who?

3) How many times have you been?

4) What events/tournaments do you frequent? At the convention I have been to, there were DDR tournaments(Dance Dance Revolution), Super Smash Brothers: Melee tournaments, the cumpulsory Costume Competetion, as well as TCG tournaments(I think).

1) I plan on going to Anime Weekend Atlanta, If I can come up with the funds.

For those who don't know, AWA (http://www.awa-con.com) is a HUGE anime convention, ANime Weekend Atlanta, that takes place usually during the last weekend of September in Atlanta, GA. More info can be gained at the link I posted.

2)I would like to cosplay at least once, either as Kaze from Final Fantasy Unlimited or Vincent Valentine from FFVII.

3)I have been once, in '04, with my brother and my cousin. We had a blast!

4) Last time I hung out in the Dealer's Hall (HUGE!!) and the gaming rooms, both TCG and video game varieties.Tried Ninja Burger there too. My cousin tried the SSB:M tournament, but was knocked out in the first round. He plans on trying again this year. I would have liked to visit one of the movie showings, but didn't get around to it.

Dark-San
26th March 2007, 11:15 AM
Just a few questions here:

1) Are you going to AWA?

None, I am not going to AWA. If I'm going, I would have to travel like half way round the world to attend to this event. Considering that I am a poor student at the moment, hence this is not economically feasible for me.

2) If so, are you going to cosplay? If so, as who?

Cosplay, hmm well I have not tried at least once before. But I had seen others cosplaying and it is serious business to them. The effort they put into by imitating their favourite character is totally fabulous. I salute these people for their commitment.

I had been to mulitiple anime convention. As Singapore is still prematured in terms of its Japanese anime culture, there is only a little amount of media coverage given to it. Hence because of this, I had missed like around two of them. The last one that I had attended was when they held the World Cyber Games together with the cosplay event.

4) What events/tournaments do you frequent?

Tournaments as in? I don't know of any other tournament events for anime convention other than the cosplaying section. Like I say the Japanese anime culture here is still prematured and they may not have the events like America have yet.

The_Missing_Link
26th March 2007, 12:34 PM
Perhaps you might want to make this a more generalized poll since we have members around the globe that go to many anime conventions. Perhaps set it up like this

1) What conventions are you going to this year?

2) Do you cosplay at any of them?

3) Which ones have you been to the most/want to go to the most?

kitsun
26th March 2007, 02:59 PM
Yes. I didn't know that TPM was such a worldwide Forum. My edited questions shall be posted shortly. Thank you Dark-San, for your participation!

mr_pikachu
26th March 2007, 08:29 PM
1) Are you going to any conventions this year? If so, which ones? Please post links, if available, to give more information. (Not required, but helpful)

Actually, I've never been to an anime convention, and I probably won't get to go this year. School's keeping me way too busy to even look for events.

2)Are you going to, or would you like to, cosplay? If so, as who?

Assume, hypothetically, I were going to an anime convention... honestly, I might consider it. Dressing up as Vash the Stampede has always sounded cool, although the gi of Bleach's Ichigo would probably feel a bit more familiar. There's also the old standby of dressing up as Ash Ketchum, but I'd have to give serious thought as to which of his outfits I'd want to wear. He changes with almost every arc now...

See question #1.

4) What events/tournaments do you frequent? At the convention I have been to, there were DDR tournaments(Dance Dance Revolution), Super Smash Brothers: Melee tournaments, the cumpulsory Costume Competetion, as well as TCG tournaments(I think).

Again, I've never been to one. But to keep this post from being total rubbish, I'd like to frequent SSBM tournaments and maybe some TCG stuff, depending on what TCG it was. If they all played Magic, I'd get my clock cleaned. But if it was something obscure or if I was at least decently familiar with it, I'd probably play.

homeofmew
27th March 2007, 10:11 AM
I do go to conventions.
I cosplay as Pikachu.

Conventions I have been to:
Oni Con 2005
Shiokazecon 2006
A-Kon 2006
Oni con 2006

planned:
Anime Matsuri 2007 (Houston, TX) http://animematsuri.com/
A-Kon 2007 (Dallas, TX) http://a-kon.com/