PDA

View Full Version : Starter

Jeff
25th March 2007, 08:41 AM
Which starter will you be choosing? Some people have traditions, others don't and just pick the one they like the most. Me, I've picked the water starter ever since I randomly chose the pokeball in the middle of Oak's table in Red, and got Squirtle. So it'll be Piplup for me.

mr_pikachu
25th March 2007, 08:50 AM
Probably Chimchar for me. Most of the time I take a "save the best for last" philosophy, but I'm just too fond of Fire starters to abide by that.

Incidentally, I reserved my game a couple of days ago, so I'm set. It's time for the excruciating waiting to begin...

CuteLassJigglypuff
25th March 2007, 09:13 AM
In Diamond, I'll start out with Piplup. I started out with Turtwig in my Pearl import.

PNT510
25th March 2007, 10:59 AM
I'll probably end up picking Chimchar. I always end up perfering the fire starters. And mr_pikachu reminds me that I need to go and pre-order my copy of Diamond, they're giving out a pretty cool stylus if you get it at target.

Ash_of_pallet_town
25th March 2007, 11:10 AM
I've always get the fire starter so i really dont have a chorse for the first go round. but i realy didnt put much thought into it.

Poryhedron
25th March 2007, 01:50 PM
For my first runthrough I'm choosing Turtwig, just because a Grass-type will be the most useful of the three against the first two Gyms. (Beyond that point I expect to have a decent enough range of types that my starter's type isn't important.)
After my first runthrough...who knows?

Perfect Chaos
25th March 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm not going to get the game (cause I don't have a DS), but if I DID have one, I think I would've probably chosen Diamond and started off with Piplup, considering I like the combination of both Water/Steel. Oh well, I can still imagine :o

The Blue Avenger
25th March 2007, 08:06 PM
I'll probably start with Chimchar, because Infernape is rockin' and I think they get Slack Off. However, all of them look really cool - my roommate is getting Diamond and I'll get Pearl, so we can swap starters.

Blademaster
25th March 2007, 09:20 PM
Tradition dictates that I take the underdog, which, as always, is the Grass starter. So, Turtwig it is for me.

Crazy Elf Boy
26th March 2007, 12:43 AM
I usually always go for the Grass pokemon (there so cute) So Turtwig for me

ssj4supernerd
26th March 2007, 06:11 AM
I'll probably take the Grass Starter, because they rock but...unless there aren't any good Fires to catch. Then I'll pick Chimchar. I may pick Piplup if I'm going Manga teams on this too, but I like the other starters better.

Liam
26th March 2007, 12:09 PM
If I had to choose, it would be Piplup, since it is a water-type.

Woohoo, first post on this forum :)

Weasel Overlord
26th March 2007, 12:16 PM
I want a Turtwig! They look like the island Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus! Anything that looks THAT cool in it's final evo is a definite must for me. It's strange, I don't usually go for a grass starter, exception being my first go-through of GSC, cos I was enamoured with Chikorita.

Damn you Americans! *shakes fist* I hate Britain sometimes...

Starry Might
26th March 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm gonna go with Piplup this time around. :D

Mega Horny
26th March 2007, 02:36 PM
Mecha Penguin King ftw!

Empoleon has to be one of the coolest starters I've seen yet, along with Feraligatr.

rinku
5th April 2007, 06:01 AM
Turtwig! It's green! :)

DarkTemplarZero
17th April 2007, 09:57 PM
Turtwig. Torterra's a beast, yo.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th April 2007, 10:15 PM
I will probably start out with Piplup as my starter, but I will eventually get all of them of course. I haven't decided which version I'll play first, but whichever one I play first, I will use Piplup. In the other version, I will use Turtwig as my starter.

I'm a little disappointed that Chimchar's evolutionary line is Fire/Fighting, because we just had that as a starter last time around.

Razola
18th April 2007, 12:44 AM
Infernape is going to be the shining star of the starters for competitive play, but historically I go with the water starter.

Andrew
18th April 2007, 02:25 AM
And wasn't Squirtle adorably cute, back in the day!

But, yeah, I'll go with the steel penguin. Seems the most bad-ass, yo.

Silent Dragonfly
18th April 2007, 07:34 AM
I haven't decided yet. Based solely on aesthetics it'll likely be Turtwig or Piplup.