PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Characters! YOU decide the Champion of the Universe!

Last Exile
8th April 2003, 12:27 AM
Okay, since everyone got into the Battle Of The Animes Poll, I thought maybe once and for all the people of OA should decide as a whole who the best character of all is!

So I propose a vote - with a twist!

This vote will take place in a series of knockouts, kind of like Battle Of the Bands does on radio.

So here are the rules!

I will give a week for nominations to take place. You may nominate two male characters and two female characters each. Once we have all given nominations, we will have a knockout round per week, going all the way till we, the people of Other Anime, decide who is the Champion of the Universe!

When you nominate someone, say why and which particular abilities set them apart from the rest.

So when a knockout is decided, by your descriptions I can give you a decent description of a battle that may have taken place between the characters.

My nominations are:

Males:

Gohan - Dragonball Z. He beat Cell. Need I say more? Any move his dad does, Gohan does it better.

Ash - Pokemon. Heck, the whole universe of Pokemon would stand up for him! ;)

Females:

Sakura - Card Captor Sakura. If she really wanted to, she could rain down hell upon earth if she wanted to. But she's too nice for that. :D

Rei - Evangelion. She just kept coming back, afraid of nothing and as cold as ice. You have to give her credit for that.

The Muffin Man
8th April 2003, 06:02 PM
Not Ash, but Mewtwo would defeat Gohan. Easily. As for Rei? Is she in her EVA Unit? Or is she just outside? If in the EVA, then Rei. If outside, Sakura's got the clear advantage.

and those GIGANTIC EYES!!!

Red Angel
8th April 2003, 06:33 PM
TMM, I believe that we just NOMINATE our favorites and give a description of what makes them so special. CCC is the one who decides the winner. Now to adress something you said:

Originally posted by The Muffin Man
As for Rei? Is she in her EVA Unit? Or is she just outside? If in the EVA, then Rei. If outside, Sakura's got the clear advantage.

Actually, Rei can generate a mssively powerfull AT Field without needing her Evangelion unit.

Now for my picks:

Male:
Mewtwo.... making the assumption he's male. I still think he'd get creamed by an EVA, but he's probalbly stronger than everything else. Lemme see... Psychic energy spheres, teleportation, regeneration, mind control. This is one powerfull, freaked out kitty.

Male #2:
Evangelion Unit-01 (once again assuming it's male). This THING is a beast. It's bigger than most others, which IS an advantage, has an AT Field that blocks anything in sight (or out of sight, for that matter), can regenerate in 3 seconds flat, and feeds itself. What more could you ask for?

Female:
Ayanami Rei. First person on my list who's gender I'm fairlly sure of. She's an angel in human clothing... AT Field, emotionless, no sense of fear... the perfect warrior, although she's nt a very good convesationalist. Oh, and in case someone kills her, she just comes back. Again and again and again.

Female #2:
Lina Inverse, from Slayers. Master of disaster and user of "un-common" spells, her main advantage is comic relief. And blind luck. Who knows?

DarkTemplarZ
8th April 2003, 08:43 PM
Male #1- Gogeta
He's godly. A PL of over 1,000,000,000 speaks for itself. Even in dragonball, he was automatically SSJ when Goku and Vegeta fused. Besides, he's the fusion of 2 SSJ4's, by themselves the most powerful warriors in the universe. Let's see anybody take a Big Bang Kamehameha and live to tell the tale. He beat Il Shenron and Janenba, probably the 2 most powerful villains in all of dragonball(Yea that's right, Janenba. Janenba's mad good, I don't think Super 17 could beat him).

Male #2- Winged Dragon- God of Ra
Assuming Ra's a male, Ra's virtually unstoppable. It's abilities make it unthinkably powerful. God Phoenix makes Ra immortal, and allows it to destroy pretty much anything. One Turn Kill, the name speaks for itself. Hell, not even Obelisk's God Hand Crusher, w/ Soul Energy MAX, which could break through a mirror force, could destroy Ra! According to Kaiba's calculations, Yugi only had a 3% chance of defeating Ra, and that's with 2 God Cards in his deck! Yugi only won because of one of Malik's careless mistakes, namely abusing Ra's One Turn Kill.

Female #1- Rei Ayanami
She's the perfect warrior. Cold, emotionless, and just keeps coming back.

Female #2- Sakura

Darkmaster Kagemusha
8th April 2003, 08:51 PM
Males:
Hiei--YYH: He's just...cool. Speediness and slashy swordiness.
Tenchi Masaki--TM: That lucky--if ignorant--b*stard! 6 chicks! Oh yeah, he's got powers too :rolleyes:

Females:
Kiddy--Silent Mobius: Dude, she throws people, holds really heavy gun that overheats after two shots. She's like, 70% cyborg and hot, believe it or not. She's coolishness.
Washu Hakubi--TM: The Greatest Scientific Genius in the Universe plus cuteness cubed. She's got access to tons of technological stuff and galaxy-destroying weaponry. :D

Laz-E-Boy
8th April 2003, 10:02 PM
Male-

Tetsuo (Akira): He could pretty much kill anything with his mind...that's pretty good.

Rather than go with the typical DBZ pick (they ALWAYS win)...

Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin): With a sword, and when he turns into the Man-Slayer, he's pretty much unstoppable.

Female-

Rei: No explanation needed.

Ryoko: Seems strong to me...

Last Exile
9th April 2003, 01:12 AM
Actually, when each knockout round comes, YOU vote for who you think will win and the combatant with most votes for that battle wins.

Well, going along nicely here. ;)

Azura Stardust
9th April 2003, 01:25 AM
Aww :( Does this mean they have to BATTLE? I mean, sometimes in some anime you get these really powerful kickass people who have **** for a character, but you get these really realistic and very lovable characters who are so realistic they don't have magic powers and stuff, and it'd be so unfair if I couldn't vote for them!!! :\

Ok if it was for power only...

Male
1. Ash - hey, he is a puny lil' thingy, but he's the hero of pokemon and all, so Houou and Lugia and the lot would probably follow him. :)

2. Er........ curse my not having watched most anime ......... l'see ......... Can I leave this blank? Bah, I'll probably just toss in some silly guy from DBZ, though I've never watched the anime.. ._..... OK scrap that, I'll put in Kageyama from Gatekeepers in here. This is not meaning Kageyama from the OAV; he's not that strong, but somewhere just BEFORE it, when he's stronger and he has the special gate phones and his dual gate powers. He can just get rid of SO many Invaders by doing somethin as simple as flicking his arm, whereas people like Ukiya needed to slash around here and there... whee [If you odn't know what I'm talking about, never mind. =P too lazy to explain]

If it was altogether the best person (Sometimes its not fair to compete its obvious exaggerated powersl ike DBZ's would win, so I'd rather you count these votes in than the above... 1... ok 2.)

1. Himura Kenshin ^_^;;; Yes I know you know I'd pick this! :P Kenshin is the uber god of battling. He's so fast (ok, not as fast as Soujirou, but we all know that Kenshin > Soujirou anyway.), he's got the UUUUUUBBBBEERRRRRRR Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu style, and he just plain rocks. And he's got such a good character too; he's lived the life of evil and he has all the right values. And yet even though he can be so calm and composed and strong, he does have a soft heart... well ok for Kaoru at least ^_~
This is NOT counting Kenshin in the last OAV - Seisou hen - because then he got all sick with tuberculosis and was getting a bit old :( This Kenshin I'm voting for, is the one in the series, probably around the Kyoto Arc.

2. Hiko Seijuro. [can't remember if its hiko seijuro or seijuro hiko... gyah -_-;;]Also from Rurouni Kenshin. Yeah I know I haven't watched many anime, is it my fault? :mad: Well maybe it is... anyway, Hiko is the only other dude (heck, even at the end of Seisou hen he's still alive and kicking!) who knows Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, and in fact I'd dare say he's a lot smarter than Kenshin. ^_~ He didn't go around messing with the political storm and the Ishinshishi and what not blah blah, but decided to stay on his mountain and be the usual sexay Hiko we all know. This doesn't make him thaat interesting, but he's a very strong person and he knows the techniques better than Kenshin, I might say [well he IS Kenshin's teacher after all...]; he also has some invented moves of his own which are really superb. He be the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu master and he be the one I choose ^^;

Yes, I'm in a very weird mood today. ._.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Girls...

Ororororororo... @_@

Ok,

1. That girl from the gatekeepers OVA, I don't remember he name, she's got the funny red eyes and the weird hair and she's always giggling eerily. She's got the power to make anything she touches disappear. :o Well, thats based on my trusty pal who wasn't able to give me the 4th and 5th eps, though she says thats what happeend. We don't know her weaknesses, though, because they STILL HAVENT DUBBED THE FRIGGIN 6TH EP >_>;;

2. Ur... there comes in the blastedness of not having watched enough anime. @_@. I might say Elie from RAVE: A Groove Adventure, but I haven't finished watching it so I don't know what her full powers are. Apparently it's so great, she.... k never mind. I dunno. BUT my real choice here would prolly be... hm... bah, bleh, bluuh.... x_x females in anime tend to be weaker than the guys.... ur... not Yanagi *vomits*... not the girls from gatekeepers... sakura taisen... nah... bah, I say REI because I read up some stuff on her (never watched her, but just read up, so on the basis of thaaat....) and she seems retty powerful.

I know I sound like I'm talking far too much and a lot of nonsense, but I'm in this most talkative mood. help -._-.

stickachu
9th April 2003, 02:11 AM
hmm... This is tough...

Male 1. Yusuke Yurameshi YuYu Hakusho - He's a spirit detective! And he can channel his spirit energy into a powerful blast (but only once per day.) He battled the strongest of the four saint beasts, and many other demons. His strength is unmatched by other humans, but his true strength is in his ingenuity and quick thinking.

Male 2. Heero Yuy Gundam Wing - A great Gundam pilot and a powerful hand to hand fighter as well. He's suave (won the heart of the princess) and just plain cool. This description of his Gundam is from Gundamofficial.com

WING GUNDAM

This advanced mobile suit was created by a resistance group at the L1 colony cluster for the sole purpose of battling Oz. The Wing Gundam can transform into a winged "bird mode" superior to any conventional fighter plane; in this form, it can survive re-entry and fly in Earth's atmosphere. Its primary weapon is the buster rifle, an immensely powerful beam weapon which can be fired only three times before its energy supply must be recharged. For close-range combat, the Wing Gundam relies on its shoulder-mounted machine cannons and the beam sabers stored in its shield.

Female 1. Ryouko Tenchi Muyo! - She's the Oni that once terrorized earth, this powerful warrior is in fact a symbiote created by the mad scientist Washuu. She's powered by strange gems that allow her to use a short energy sword and and beam like energy blasts from the palm of her hand. She's so cool! ^_^

Female 2. Misty Pokémon - I just think she could kick some butt. The famous Gym Leader of Cerulean City, and fanatic of water types, is a good trainer, and when she gets angry... Watch out! :D

Okay, all that came out very text bookish, but I just wrote two essays.. So I can't help it!

PlatinumHawke
9th April 2003, 12:51 PM
Dang you Red for mentioning Lina-chan! Oh well, I got plenty of other characters to nominate.

Teh Ladies
Milla Rage - Guilty Gear
She fights with her hair. How cool is that kids?

Ceres - Ayashi no Ceres
You know the expression, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?" Well, Ceres has had a few hundred years to simmer, so anything that crosses her path had better hope their life/heath insurance is paid up.

Teh Guys (uh-oh... the disadvantage of watching mostly shoujo...)
Largo - MegaTokyo
If you've seen the amount of damage this guy has both dished out and survived, you'd be scared. Very scared. He is teh 1337 gamer/h4x0r, who can overclock anything the least be mechanical. Watch out for his COOL THING!

Lupin - Lupin the 3rd
Imagine all the smoothness and cunningness of James Bond, just as a theif, and amp up the womanizing a few notches. That's Lupin in a sentense.

NeoGligarGuy
9th April 2003, 03:55 PM
Males:
1. Majin Buu(after absorbing Gohan or kid version)- this guy is almost practically impossible to destroy and it took the power of every living thing on Earth and some on Namel combined with Goku to kill. Anyone who can survive vaporization is cool with me.

2. Janemba- He never even used martial arts, he just used brute force and beams to defeat SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta without trying. He was a collection of all the evil in the universe and let all the spirits back onto Earth.

Females-
1. Washu- Mad scientist, lived about 1000 years, and creates multiple dimensions as well as time travelling machines and Ryo-oki and Ryoko. Brains win battles more often than brawn.

2.The Android Girl from Metropolis- She was minutes away from wiping out the human race and controlled all the technology on the planet. With that super throne she had all the knowledge ever known, but sadly she never found herself.

Jeffery Mewtamer
9th April 2003, 06:19 PM
Males:

Imperialdramon PM: Omnimon obliterated over million Diadoramon with a few cannon shots and a swipe of his sword. Imperialdramon FM lasted longer against armagemon then Omnimon. Imperialdramon wasn't stong enough to defeat armagemon, but when was power-up by omnimon and became PM he defeated armagemon no problem. Proves this is one strong digimon.

Sasanomon(Super Mode): Formed from all 20 elemental spirits of the warrior 10 combined with a human host. With just Takuya and Kouji he defeated Lucemon FM stongest of the demon Lords. After being supercarged by all five children he defeated the darkness that was Lucemon Satan Mode.

Females:

Sakuyamon: fended off the d-reaper chaos with a wave of her staff. Her attacks are a thousand times stonger then they look.

Opanimon: One of the 3 great angels nuff said.

KaptainSarcasm
9th April 2003, 06:40 PM
I guess I'll have to vote here, I intend to replying to this.

Females (Ladies first)

1. Satan Videl - I love the girl. What can I say? She's super-cute, harnessed her chi almost as fast as Goten did, so she's gonna be a natural at it, so she could kick a lot of *** and be funny doing it.

2. Tenou Haruka/Sailor Uranus - All I have to say to you is: "Worldo....... SHAKEING!"
"Crystal Sword Slash!"

Males

1. Youko Kurama - Oh, come on. There's a plant to look pretty, and there's a plant to kill something, and there's a plant to strangle or block against magic attacks. And Kurama, man he has all of 'em. Plus, he's five thousand years old. He's defenently a lot smarter than the average bear.

2. Tsukishiro Yukito/Yue - Yue is one cool bastard. He's got killer ice powers and can fly really fast and stuff. I think he could win.

There we are!

EVme15
10th April 2003, 05:22 AM
^_^...
Male 1. Inu Yasha (With the Tessusiaga [sp?] he's practically unstoppable! Slay a hundred demons is nothing, neh? Me no think so.)
2. Vash, Trigun (C'mon, that guy's unstoppable, a master escape artist, wicked awesome shooter, and funny! How about that?)
Will do females later...

Shadow Trainer Ash
12th April 2003, 12:05 PM
Males
Senri - +Anima
I doubt he could stand up to an EVA... or any mecha of a sort, but he has pretty wicked claws that can break chains and swords. Plus he's a great fighter.

Kiba - Wolf's Rain
It's quite evident that Kiba is used to fighting. o_O Although he can be taken out by human gunshot (What wolf can't?), he can attack pretty hard if he wanted. Plus he's pretty headstrong, and doesn't give up easily.

Tsume - Wolf's Rain
What can I say? Tsume grew up on the streets in a gang. I'm sure his ropes are pretty subtle. His abilities are pretty much the same as Kiba's (being a wolf), and he doesn't like being helped much by others much.

Youzen - Houshin Engi
Man, this guy is powerful. Not only does practically the entire Dynasty know about him, but he has a dog paopei (named Koutenken) he can ride on and send into a VERY powerful attack. Plus he can transform into anyone or anything.

Bunchu - Houshin Engi
He whip paopei is EXTREMELY powerful, he has a spiritual beast, he has the entire Yin army on his side... well, what else do you need? o_o

Ayato - RahXephon
Well, he can manipulate RahXephon. o_o That pretty much explains my description.

I'll do females later...

Last Exile
12th April 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Trainer Ash
Males
Senri - +Anima
I doubt he could stand up to an EVA... or any mecha of a sort, but he has pretty wicked claws that can break chains and swords. Plus he's a great fighter.

Kiba - Wolf's Rain
It's quite evident that Kiba is used to fighting. o_O Although he can be taken out by human gunshot (What wolf can't?), he can attack pretty hard if he wanted. Plus he's pretty headstrong, and doesn't give up easily.

Tsume - Wolf's Rain
What can I say? Tsume grew up on the streets in a gang. I'm sure his ropes are pretty subtle. His abilities are pretty much the same as Kiba's (being a wolf), and he doesn't like being helped much by others much.

Youzen - Houshin Engi
Man, this guy is powerful. Not only does practically the entire Dynasty know about him, but he has a dog paopei (named Koutenken) he can ride on and send into a VERY powerful attack. Plus he can transform into anyone or anything.

Bunchu - Houshin Engi
He whip paopei is EXTREMELY powerful, he has a spiritual beast, he has the entire Yin army on his side... well, what else do you need? o_o

Ayato - RahXephon
Well, he can manipulate RahXephon. o_o That pretty much explains my description.

I'll do females later...

Hey, I did mention up the top you can only nominate TWO characters of each gender, so pick which two out of those six you want nominated.

Shadow Trainer Ash
12th April 2003, 11:13 PM
._. Sorry... my bad.

Kiba - Wolf's Rain

Bunchu - Houshin Engi

pokefreak04
13th April 2003, 02:21 PM
Males:
1. Majin Buu-DBZ-just because he kicked major ***!

2. Me-I can kill Buu, for I have the ultimate weapon.....THE ERASER!MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Females:
1. Ryoko-Tenchi-A Demon Chick that kills people....what's not to like?

2. My Girlfriend-She's a black bat out of hell, so she can easily wipe out Ryoko!

Last Exile
16th April 2003, 10:30 PM
Okay, time for the vote-off! :yes:

The deal is, you guys vote for who you think would win or would want to win in each of the battles, and they will progress to the next round. MNatch-ups in each round will be done by random assortment to eliminate bias from favoured possies at the start.

For the males, we have:

Match 1: Gohan (DBZ) vs Tetsuo (Akira)

Match 2: Mewtwo (Pokemon) vs. Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing)

Match 3: Lupin (aka Lupin the Wolf series) vs. Hiei (YYH)

Match 4: Gogeta (DBZ) vs. Imperialdramon (Digimon)

Match 5: Yue (CardCaptor Sakura) vs. Vash (Trigun)

Match 6: Yusuke Yurameshi (YuYu Hakusho) vs. Ash (Pokemon)

Match 7: Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) vs. Tenchi Masaki (TM)

Match 8: Winged Dragon (God of Ra) vs. Shinji-Eva01 (Evangelion)

Match 9: Kageyama (Gatekeepers) vs. Largo (Megatokyo)

Match 10: Majin Buu (DBZ) vs. Sasanomon -Super Mode (Digimon)

Match 11: Janemba (DBZ) vs. Kiba (Wolf's Rain)

Match 12: Bunchu (Houshin Engi) vs. Youko Kurama

And for the females:

Match 1: Lina Inverse (Slayers) vs. Kiddy (Silent Mobius)

Match 2: Misty (Pokemon) vs. Elie (RAVE)

Match 3: Rei-Eva00 (Evangelion) vs. Ceres (Ayashi no Ceres)

Match 4: Andriod Girl (Metropolis) vs. Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon)

Match 5: Satan Videl (DBZ) vs. Sakuyamon (Digimon)

Match 6: Washu (TM) vs. Opanimon (Digimon)

Match 7: Milla Rage (Gulity Gear) vs. Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura)

Match 8: Ryouko (Tenchi Muyo) vs. Ryoko

Last Exile
16th April 2003, 10:33 PM
My votes:

Males:

1. Gohan
2. Mewtwo
3. Lupin
4. Gogeta
5. Yue
6. Ash
7. Kenshin
8. Shinji-Eva01
9. Kageyama
10. Majin Buu
11. Janemba
12. Bunchu

Females:

1. Lina
2. Misty
3. Rei-Eva00
4. Sailor Uranus
5. Videl
6. Opanimon
7. Sakura
8. Ryoko

Red Angel
16th April 2003, 11:13 PM
WHEE!!! HAPPY HAPPY FUN JOY!!!

My votes...

Tetsuo
Mewtwo
Hiei
Gogeta
Vash
Yusuke Yurameshi
Kenshin
Shinji-Eva01
Kageyama
Majin Buu
Kiba
Youko Kurama

And for the females:

Lina Inverse
Misty
Rei-Eva00
Andriod Girl
Satan Videl
Washu
Milla Rage
Ryouko

The Muffin Man
17th April 2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
[B[

For the males

Match 1: Gohan (DBZ)

Match 3: Hiei (YYH)

Match 4: Gogeta (DBZ)

Match 5: Vash (Trigun)

Match 6: Yusuke Yurameshi (YuYu Hakusho)

Match 7: Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

Match 8: Winged Dragon (God of Ra)

Match 9: No idea on either

Match 10: Majin Buu (DBZ)

Match 11: Janemba (DBZ)

Match 12: Youko Kurama

And for the females:

Match 1: Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Match 2: Misty (Pokemon)

Match 3: Rei-Eva00 (Evangelion)

Match 4: Andriod Girl (Metropolis)

Match 5: Satan Videl (DBZ)

Match 6: Opanimon (Digimon)

Match 7: Milla Rage (Gulity Gear)

Match 8: Ryouko (Tenchi Muyo)[/B]

Laz-E-Boy
17th April 2003, 07:58 AM

The deal is, you guys vote for who you think would win or would want to win in each of the battles, and they will progress to the next round. MNatch-ups in each round will be done by random assortment to eliminate bias from favoured possies at the start.

For the males, we have:

And for the females:

MALES:
1)Tetsuo
2)Mewtwo
3)Hiei
4)Gogeta
5)Vash
6)Yusuke
7)Kenshin
8)Shinji
9)Largo
10)Majin Buu
11)Janemba
12)Kurama

FEMALES:
1)Lina
2)Elie
3)Rei
4)Android Girl
5)Sakuyamon
6)Washu
7)Milla Rage
8)Ryouko (Tenchi Muyo)

Celebii
17th April 2003, 08:33 AM
Males:

1. Gohan

2. Mewtwo

3. Hiei

4. Gogeta

5. Yue

6. Yusuke

7. Kenshin

8. Winged Dragon (God of Ra)

9. Don't know

10. Majin Buu

11. Janemba

12. Kurama

Females:

1. Lina

2. Misty

3. Rei

4. Android Girl

5. Videl

6. Washu

7. Sakura

8. Ryouko

Jeffery Mewtamer
17th April 2003, 09:44 AM
Here who I vote to reach round 2
Gohan
Mewtwo
Hiei
Gogeta
Yue
Ash
Ra
Susanoomon
Sakuyamon
Opanimon
Sakura

KaptainSarcasm
17th April 2003, 11:35 AM
Match 1: Tetsuo (Akira)

Match 2: Mewtwo (Pokemon)

Match 3: Hiei (YYH)

Match 4: Imperialdramon (Digimon)

Match 5: Yue (CardCaptor Sakura)

Match 6: Yusuke Yurameshi (YuYu Hakusho)

Match 7: Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)

Match 8: Shinji-Eva01 (Evangelion)

Match 9: Largo (Megatokyo)

Match 10: Majin Buu (DBZ)

And for the females:

Match 1: Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Match 2: Misty (Pokemon)

Match 3: Rei-Eva00 (Evangelion)

Match 4: Sailor Uranus (Sailor Moon)

Match 5: Satan Videl (DBZ)

Match 6: Washu (TM)

Match 7: Sakura (CardCaptor Sakura)

Match 8: Ryoko

DarkTemplarZ
18th April 2003, 01:08 PM

For the males, we have:

And for the females:

1) Tetsuo
2) Heero
3) Hiei
4) Gogeta
5) Vash
6) Ash
7) Kenshin
8) Ra
9) Kageyama
10) Buu
11) Janenba
12) Youko

1) Lina Inverse
2) Elei
3) Eva-00
4) Android Girl
5) Videl
6) Washu
7) Sakura
8) Ryouko

Andrew
21st April 2003, 12:45 AM
Well letsee!

Men! Grrrr.. ;)

1) Gohan
2)Mewtwo
3)Lupin
4) ImperialDramon
5)Yue
6)Ash!
7)Kenshin
8)Shinji
9)Largo! :D
10)MAjin Buu
11)Kiba
12) Bunchu

Women

1)Kiddy
2)Misty
3) Rei
4) Sailor Uranus
5) Videl
6)Washu
7) Sakura
8) Ryoko

Shadow Trainer Ash
21st April 2003, 05:18 PM
Match 1: Tetsuo
Match 2: Heero Yuy
Match 3: Lupin
Match 4: Gogeta
Match 5: Yue
Match 6: Yusuke Yurameshi
Match 7: Kenshin
Match 8: Shinji-Eva01 (Evangelion)
Match 9: Kageyama
Match 10: Majin Buu
Match 11: Kiba!!! :D
Match 12: Bunchu

Match 1: Lina Inverse
Match 2: Elie
Match 3: Ceres
Match 4: Andriod Girl
Match 5: Sakuyamon
Match 6: Washu
Match 7: Milla Rage
Match 8: Ryouko

Darkmaster Kagemusha
21st April 2003, 08:25 PM
Males:
Match 1: Gohan
Match 2: Heero Yuy
Match 3: Hiei
Match 4: Gogeta
Match 5: Vash
Match 6: Yusuke
Match 7: Kenshin
Match 8: Shinji-Eva01
Match 9: Kageyama
Match 10: Majin Buu

Females:
Match 1: Kiddy
Match 2: Elie
Match 3: Rei-Eva00
Match 4: Sailor Uranus
Match 5: Satan Videl
Match 6: Washu
Match 7: Milla Rage
Match 8: Ryouko

Last Exile
25th April 2003, 01:52 AM
I didn't think that so many characters I knew nothing about woudl appear. :D

So, sorry, can't do battle descriptions, also due to time constraints. But, I'll give quick commentary.

Okay, results:

Males:

Match 1 - Gohan defeats Tetsuo 6-5! Well, it was a damn close fight! Tetsuo's insane psychic powers were able to twist Gohan's powers and then some! But, hey, nothing can beat the power of the Ca-me-a-me-a wave! So Gohan wins, but only just! A match perhaps worthy of a final, but not to be. Gohan progresses.

Match 2: Mewtwo defeats Heero 8-3! Well, Mewtwo ain't invincible, so mega space fighters can stand up to Mewtwo...for a while. In the end, nothing beats raw power. And Mewtwo's got plenty of that! The angsty legend moves on with vigour.

Match 3: Hiei defeats Lupin 8-3! Well, Lupin never really had a chance. he ain't got no special powers. But his slickness and thief tools made it a decent match. However, the final result was enver in doubt.

Match 4: Gogeta defeats Imperialdramon 9-2! Hey, when you've got a power level of 1 billion, how the hell can you lose?! Sorry Digimon, but that's the way it is.

Match 5: Yue defeats Vash 6-5! A damn close one! But Yue's ice cold touch, ice blizzards, mega punches and insidiousness was just too much for the slick Vash to beat. Vash was a worthy opponent, butin the end Clow magic prevailed. Yue lives to fight another day.

Match 6: Yusuke defeats Ash 7-4! For once Ash doesn't make the top 16 in a comp! Hey, mate, you actually need powers yourself to stand up in this comp! Yusuke rightfully plods on.

Match 7: Kenshin defeats Tenchi 11-0! A real trouncing! Never in doubt!

Match 8: Shinji beats Ra 7-4! Hey, not even the gods can stand up to teen angst! :D And Shinji's laoded with that!

Match 9: Kageyama wins 5-4! Oh well, not even the might of Fred's drawing could get Largo over the line. Azura's will gets Kageyama to the next round. ;)

Match 10: Buu wins 10-1! Yeah, right, the nuttiest villain ever lose to a Digimon?! Not a chance! *Buu think Digimon is tasty!*

Match 11: Janemba wins 7-3! Well, he didn't even need brute strength to beat the Fusion warriors in DBZ. Need I say more?

Match 12: Youko wins 7-3! Not even with a spirit army on his side could Bunchu prevail. Youko coasts to victory.

Females:

Match 1: Lina wins 8-2! Hey Lina's one tough girl. She has the guts and the glory to do it and then some. Expect her to go far in this tourney.

Match 2: Misty wins 5-4! Well, with flaming orange hair, bratiness that can't be matched, allure from heaven and the spirit of a Gyarados, Misty stretches over the line first! Once again, she outdoes Ash! :D

Match 3: Rei wins 9-1! Well, the favourite going out in the 1st round was never in doubt. Her beauty and ice-cold battling technique matched with the fact that she just can't stay dead makes all the difference and then some!

Match 4: Android Girl wins 6-4! Well, Uranus did have pretty good powers, but against a robot she was always going down.

Match 5: Videl wins 8-3! Hey, when Gohan's your instructor and Hercule is demanding you win or else, you just can't lose, hey?

Match 6: Washu wins 8-3! And that is the end of Digimon! Couldn't even make it past the 1st round! Oh well.

Match 7: Sakura wins 6-5! It was a close one indeed! Milla Rage was full of rage and gut-busting power, but Sakura's deftness and fiery spirits scarped her through, literally. Clow magic prevails once more.

Match 8: Ryouko wins 8-2! Well, one sided in the extreme! Likeness does not equal identical it seems!

Last Exile
25th April 2003, 01:56 AM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 1 - Gohan vs. Yusuke

Match 2 - Hiei vs Kenshin

Match 3 - Mewtwo vs. Kageyama

Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji

Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko

Match 6 - Gogeta vs. Janemba

Females:

Match 1 - Android Girl vs Videl

Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty

Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko

Match 4 - Sakura vs. Washu

So, here we go again!

Last Exile
25th April 2003, 01:58 AM
My votes:

1. Gohan
2. kenshin
3. Mewtwo
4. Yue
5. Buu
6. Gogeta

Females:

1. Videl
2. Misty
3. Rei
4. Sakura

Darkmaster Kagemusha
25th April 2003, 04:13 PM
Males:

Yusuke
Hiei
Mewtwo
Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji
Yue
Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko
Youko
Gogeta

Females:

Videl
Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty
Lina
Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko
Ryouko
Washu

Laz-E-Boy
25th April 2003, 06:58 PM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji

Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko

Females:

Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty

Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko

So, here we go again!

MALES:
1. Yusuke
2. AHHHH! WHY'D YOU PUT THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH I N THE 2ND ROUND! TOO HARD!!!!!
...BAHHH, I CAN'T CHOOSE!!!
...Kenshin.....
3. Mewtwo
4. Shinji
5. Youko Kurama
6. Gogeta

FEMALES:
1. Videl
2. Lina
3. Ryouko
4. Washu

Andrew
25th April 2003, 08:03 PM
Ok then...

Males

1) Gohan
2) Hiei
3) Mewtwo
4) Yue
5) Buu
6) Gogeta

Females

1) Videl
2) Misty
3) Rei
4) Sakura...

Go my votes goo!

Jeffery Mewtamer
25th April 2003, 08:38 PM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 2 - Hiei

Match 3 - Mewtwo

Match 4 - Yue

Match 5 - Buu

Match 6 - Gogeta

Females:

Match 1 - Videl

Match 2 - Misty

Match 3 - Ryouko

Match 4 - Sakura

So, here we go again!

KaptainSarcasm
25th April 2003, 11:03 PM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 1 - Yusuke

Match 2 - Hiei

Match 3 - Mewtwo

Match 4 - Yue

Match 5 - Youko Kurama! (He has that illusion tree that he beat the elder Toguro brother with. He's UNSTOPPABLE!)

Match 6 - Gogeta

Females:

Match 1 - Videl

Match 2 - Lina

Match 3 - Ryouko

Match 4 - Sakura

Red Angel
26th April 2003, 09:51 AM
My picks:

Yusuke
Kenshin
Mewtwo
Shinji
Buu
Gogeta

Android Girl
Lina
Rei
Sakura

EVme15
27th April 2003, 05:49 PM
Males:

Match 3 - Mewtwo vs. Kageyama (Who's Kageyama?)

Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji (*bows* sorry, but Yue could trounce him)

Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko ^_^

Females:

Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty

Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko

DarkTemplarZ
27th April 2003, 08:08 PM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji

Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko

Females:

Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty

Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko

So, here we go again!

awww man, Ra lost, feh.

Males:
1) Yusuke
Gohan's lucky to get to round 2.

2) Kenshin
Go Kenshin :p

3) Mewtwo
Evil psychic idiot, bah

4) Yue

5) Buu

6) Gogeta
He beat Janenba once and he'll do it again

Females:
1) Videl
2) Lina
3) Eyouko
4) Washu

Celebii
28th April 2003, 06:14 AM
Males:

1. Gohan
2. Kenshin
3. Mewtwo
4. Yue
5. Buu
6. Gogeta

Females:

1. Videl
2. Misty
3. Ryouko
4. Sakura

PlatinumHawke
28th April 2003, 07:13 AM
Males:
Match 1 - Yusuke
Match 2 - Kenshin
Match 3 - Kageyama
Match 4 - Yue
Match 5 - Youko
Match 6 - Gogeta

Females:
Match 1 - Videl
Match 2 - Lina
Match 3 - Ryouko
Match 4 - Sakura

legendary fisherman1
8th May 2003, 11:28 PM
2nrd Round:

Males:

Match 4 - Yue vs. Shinji

Match 5 - Buu vs. Youko

Females:

Match 2 - Lina vs. Misty

Match 3 - Rei vs. Ryouko

So, here we go again!

1)Yusuke
2)Fool you should not have chosen them together
:mad: :mad: :mad:
oh well...Hiei
3)Mewtwo
4)Yue
5)Buu
6)Gogeta

1)Videl
2)Misty
3)Rie
4)Sakura

Azura Stardust
10th May 2003, 06:05 AM
Oi... you know this is a bit unfair/one-sided... some things can obviously win over others because of their strength which may be tailored to the particular anime so it's like comparing apples and oranges... :mad:

Like Kageyama and Mewtwo. Most of you haven't heard of Kageyama but well I have no idea about the CCS, DBZ etc. characters...

So I'll tell you a bit about him.

He's a normal dude. Just another human. But due to being treated really badly when he was small, his power of using a Gate (this energy thing which you can do stuff with, depending on the gate you can do different things, so his was a Light gate which had the power of I forgot what) changed to a different Dark Gate sort of thing. It could probe into people's minds to convince them to hate and feel bitter. He can also fire energy beams, etc... however later he regains use of his Light gate as well, which he, theoretically, can use to probe people's minds to convince them to change their mind if it's already sick, twisted and evil. He also can emit a considerable amount of power from the energy of the Gate... Kageyama himself is a quiet, sophisticated sleek man but he goes a little crazy when he gets very emotional and powerful.

Now you all hopefully know Mewtwo.

You can see its quite obvious that Mewtwo'd win considering the anime it is in. Pokemon is a completely different world which is much more fantasised than the world from which Reiji Kageyama is from - the anime Gatekeepers is set in the world we all know, firstly in 1960s and later around 2000.

It's set mainly in Japan (though the same thing really is happening around the world, though it's concentrated at Japan... at least during the TV series) and the only thing different from that world and this is the Gate thing and Invaders (Baddies who are manipulated by the uber-baddies who are the original Invaders - aliens- and/or people with the power of the Dark Gate, which is what Kageyama did before he was defeated by Shun Ukiya.) who are really entities born out of greed, hatred, etc. They can consume weak-minded humans and when a certain wave is given out by those manipulating the Invaders, normal looking humans may suddenly turn into Invaders and attack.

Because of the realistic setting/story and trying not to make things look too out of place, the powers are not great in comparison to other things like DBZ characters. Characters themselves also have their own weak points. You get what I mean, right?

Pokemon is a completely new world with completely different things. This allows for anything to happen and thus you have humongous metal snakes squirming around, plants that can travel back in time and critters carrying bloomin' big plants on their backs. Thus it's quite obvious to fit with the anime everything is powerful. It doesn't have a real background so it doesn't become ludicrous, either.

Now do you understand? It's unfair making the two fight because you're comparing two quite different anime.

I didn't realise the battle would be a physical one. Because then the anime with the most fantastic setting (I won't say unrealistic...) and exaggerated characteristics (I'm not saying that's not good, but you understand, right?) will obviously win and then it's no battle. It's simply annoying.

I think it would have been nicer if they compared the REAL characters and "battled" - so even Kenshin could go against Mewtwo and win because Kenshin's strong, has a more empathic and well-rounded character, has such an interesting past and is so wise. But Mewtwo could also win because he's so kickass, he's purple, he's got great power and he's got awesome powers. So people with poor character designs will obviously lose out, e.g. something that has lots of powers but has no weaknesses, etc.

Even that's not the best, though. It's too subjective and there may be draws everywhere, plus it's unfair/very hard on the judge who makes the final decision.

On one hand you have unfair comparison, on the other, you have subjectivity. So... er... anyone else have an alternative? Because I don't think I particularly like the way things may be going. Ah well.

DarkTemplarZ
16th May 2003, 03:42 PM
I don't think that anybody else is gonna vote, so it's probably time to tally the votes again...

E_Eevee
17th May 2003, 05:03 PM
Males:

Match 1 - Yusuke (hands down)
Match 2 - Hiei (you had to pit those two together didn't you? Didn't you! Oh well, demon power ^^ and that freaky eye thing and the dragon blackness thing)
Match 3 - Mewtwo (um, yeah)
Match 4 - Yue (um, yup)
Match 5 - Youko
Match 6 - Gogeta (Okay, don't know who Janemba is)

Females:

Match 1 - Videl
Match 2 - Lina (maybe you shouldn't have put those two together o.O)
Match 3 - Ryouko (>=P)
Match 4 - Washu (she's not a mad scientist for nothing)

legendary fisherman1
9th July 2003, 11:27 PM
how long has it been!?