PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to plug a GBA into a TV?

dudestorm
4th April 2007, 09:49 PM
(see subject line)

Jeff
4th April 2007, 10:01 PM
Not unless you illegally modify your GBA. It was a while ago but I remember seeing something that would let you do it. Other than that, there's always the Gameboy Player.

dudestorm
4th April 2007, 11:03 PM
would that function like a link cable? or would it work for single player only?
or... would it be possible to have two separate gameboy players, 2 gamecubes, and 2 tvs, and then connect the gameboys by link?

we're wanting to display soem matches on tvs for a tournament we're having.

Phoenixsong
4th April 2007, 11:59 PM
Technically it should be possible to link two Gameboy Players, but, really, the GB Player is just a giant GBA that attaches to the bottom of your Gamecube and uses your TV as a screen. Therefore, it has the same abilities and peripheral attachments that a regular GBA does; so, yes, you can hook a GBA up to it with a link cable. I trade between my own games like that all the time.

Really, though, I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, especially not with two GB Players. Both players will be able to see the other's commands as they're being selected. My suggestion is to use Colosseum or XD if you have them (and, really, a GB Player costs just as much as a game--or, anyway, it did when I bought it--so it's not like it'd be more expensive) and use that. Not only will you be able to have pretty 3D battles, the players can just hook two GBAs up to the GCN and can select their commands without being seen. That's how it was done at the Journey Across America tournament, anyway.

Of course, it's not really worth going out to buy Colosseum or XD just for a tournament; most Pokémon fans either loved or hated those games, so if you're not going to like the game itself it's not worth buying. (I personally enjoyed them both, if you want my opinion.) So, in that case, you could try to find a GB Player online--I haven't seen one in stores in ages--and use that. Just understand that it won't be possible to hide commands from players if you choose to do it that way.

I'm tired, so it's quite possible that none of that made any sense. Let me know if I need to clarify, and I hope that helped.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
7th April 2007, 03:48 AM
This smells like a case for the video game forum. *moves*

Razola
8th April 2007, 02:15 AM
This thread reeks of stupid. What do you mean why "plug into a TV"? Do you want to transfer things to a Gamecube? Play a game like Zelda Four Swords?

And yes, you can link multiple TVs together. I've seen pictures of four TVs with GBA Players and Gamecubes which are all linked to a fifth TV (and gamecube) to player Crystal Chronicles.

The Game Boy Player does support link cables. But you'll need a Game Boy Player, TV, Gamecube and GBA Game for each link you want to make.