PDA

View Full Version : Elec Man EXE vs Knight of Time (Ref - DarkestLight)

Elec Man EXE
5th April 2007, 10:19 AM
So, yah. Title, and stuff. Need points, my bank account's at zero and its depressing. Not that it'll stop me from spending the second I get any, but... thats beyond the point. Some experience for my pokemon wouldn't be a bad thing either. A quick and simple battle is in order. Prefer unevolved pokemon, but if you'd rather go for evolved ones I can match that as well.

1 vs 1
DQ - 6 days
Banned Moves - Toxic
Arena - A normal swamp. Lots of mud, shallow water covering most of the arena, some rocks, nothing too fancy.

You send first, I attack first.

Knight of Time
5th April 2007, 10:54 AM
If I were feeling a bit better, I'd be glad to battle you (and it's been a while since we battled, anyway). If I could be reserved as your opponent in this battle, I'd appreciate it (and, I'd decide on my Pokemon later, when I'm feeling better). One thing though, if we can battle, can you agree to no type advantage please?

Elec Man EXE
5th April 2007, 11:01 AM
Sure KoT, post whenever you feel up to it.

As for the no type advantage thing... well, I generally don't like to go for the type advantage anyway, so I'm cool with that.

Knight of Time
5th April 2007, 02:06 PM
Well, I think I have just the Pokemon to use here...and a strategy I can use with it that's similar to one used against me, in a battle I had with The_Missing_Link. I choose Electro, my Magnemite!

Elec Man EXE
6th April 2007, 09:01 AM
Well spoot... I was planning on using my Corphish, but I guess that won't work too well now :P. Come to think of it, I really only have 2 options other than using my own electric type. So I guess I'll go with Sehry, my female Cleffa.

Ok Sehry, lets start off on the defensive. Put up a Safeguard to protect you from nasty paralysis and the like, then a Light Screen to help block out some of the electrical attacks. And finally, use a Flamethrower to heat things up.

Safeguard ~ Light Screen ~ Flamethrower

Knight of Time
6th April 2007, 09:10 AM
Electro, let's make this round as noisy (literally) as possible for our opponent.

Immediately start with a LOUD Metal Sound to try and make Sehry lose concentration on maintaining her Safeguard, then, if she drops it, make her head spin even more with a Supersonic, or if not, blast her in the ears with a Sonicboom. Either way, finish by floating away from that Flamethrower as best you can, and aim a Thunderbolt at her, or if she's in the water, aim it into the water near her, as it should still shock her if she's in there (after all, mud may block some electricity, but water will conduct it well).

Metal Sound ~ Supersonic (if she couldn't keep up her Safeguard)/Sonicboom (if she could keep up the Safeguard, aimed directly into her ears) ~ Thunderbolt (at her if she's not in the water, into the water if she's in it)

DarkestLight
9th April 2007, 08:09 PM
::Cracks knuckles::

>> Though I heed the warning of not taking too much on at once (for fear of burnout), If you guys are coo-I'll ref this for ya? Its a one-on one, so I'm sure I can handle this.

Elec Man EXE
10th April 2007, 08:56 AM
Hey, as long as you think your up to it, I welcome your offer, thank ye DarkestLight.

Knight of Time
10th April 2007, 01:29 PM
I don't mind you reffing either, go ahead DarkestLight.

Oh, Elec Man Exe, besides us not using Toxic, can we agree not to use Rest, Subsititute or any cheap moves (e.g. Destiny Bond, Explosion) please? I didn't mention Attract because you know, a Magnemite is genderless.

Elec Man EXE
10th April 2007, 02:07 PM
Destiny Bond and Explosion would be rather pointless in a 1 vs 1 battle :P

I've got no problem banning Substitute or Rest, I suppose.

DarkestLight
10th April 2007, 05:12 PM
Alright!

Round 1

====Arena====

Swamp: Little bog here and there. Mud. Some Rocks. Nowhere for me to safely sit with a lawn chair...pleasantly creepy.

===Battlers===

Elec Man EXE: X
Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 100/100%
Other: Joyous looking.
Commands: Safeguard--Light Screen--Flamethrower

Knight of Time: X
Electro; Magnemite (G)
Health/Energy: 100/100%
Other: Buzzing with readiness
Commands: Metal Sound--Supersonic--Thunderbolt
Sub: Sonicboom(if Safeguard goes up)
===Rule Recap===

Banned Moves: Toxic, Rest, Substitute
DQ Time: 6 Days

===Fight!===

Wewll well well. I'm here currently in a swamp. Nice thick swamp. But of course, I wind up in the midst of two trainers ready to battle it out. Utter fear runs through me, who fights in a swamp!

A Cleffa and a Magnemite do, obviously. The Cleffa, Sehry; starts off by pulling her little arms into her body and looking down at the muddy bank near the water. Mud. Ew, mud. Mud that shall NOT get on her skin, she won't have it! Her focus is nearly achieved, when the ear-splitting metallic sounding screech that belted out from Electro(-2E) snapped her concentration right off(-3E). Her arms still clenched close, she gritted her little teeth to quickly get the sound out of her ears.

Electro snapped into action, magnets whirling forward for its next objective. A horizontal spin in midair, before waves of a odd undulating frequency were emitted from the ends of its magnet appendages.(-1E) The frequency flowed toward the unsuspecting Sehry, who finally freed the sound out of her ears! In exclamation, she jumped for joy, releasing a strong barrier of light energy.(-5E) Her small leap threw her directly in the path of the Supersonic however, encapsulating her in its confusing confines.

Electro, quite pleased it was able to get off two attacks without a hitch, began to utilize the natural humidity of the swamp in order to generate an electric charge high enough to release. Upon reaching that potential, the Thunderbolt(-3E) was freed at the unsuspecting Sehry...

who was now glaring at the mud the she was determined not to get on her. Staring at the icky brown mass all around, Sehry began to run around, utterly terrified of the muddy substance. She was confused! Whom was she fighting again? Was it hiding in the mud? It was! Where else do dirty fighters fight? In the MUD! She had to get away! Yes that's it! Strafe!!

In her confusion, she managed to trip over her little feet, but kept her balance, a foot sinking into the water nearby. The electric blast that Electro fired crashed just then, causing a blinding light for a moment. Sehry did not shriek though, as she had sucked in her breath and released a smaller Flamethrower that collided with the incoming electricity. The rapid intensity caused by the amalgamation of fire, and electricity caused a subsequent radiant blast of energy to occur.

The surge of primordial energy wrenched backwards, searing Electro (-5H), as well as throwing Sehry (-4H, -4E) aways back in the swamp. She regained her feet after the blast, but she felt a tad dizzy

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 96/88%
Added effects: Light Screen up; lasts 1 more round
Other: Slightly dazed.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 95/94%
Added Effects:
Other: Seared by the collision of fire and electricity a bit, otherwise ok.

Notes

1) Cleffa's are weird little creatures...with big scones for ears....But since she had her light screen up-the damage to her was weakened sufficiently. Shield was knocked down considerably though.

2) K.O.T is up.

3) Apologies to the shoddy reffing. I believe I have finished fixing all the discrepancies.

Knight of Time
14th April 2007, 09:02 AM
Well Electro, this may turn out to be a tough battle, but when it's over, and I have the points, you're going to evolve into a Magneton. For now, let's concentrate on giving Sehry a hard time.

First off, emit a loud Sonicboom to really knock her off her feet, then surround her with a Double Team. Finish with another Thunderbolt.

However, at anytime she tries another Fire move, be ready to dodge it, floating up (or whatever direction suits you best). This battle may end up being about moving around a lot if Fire moves are dominant, so we can't stay in one place at all in this battle.

Sonicboom ~ Double Team ~ Thunderbolt

Elec Man EXE
16th April 2007, 09:21 AM
Ok Sehry. I know your not fond of the mud, but you should share some of it with your opponent, give him a Mud Slap to the eye. Then use Magical Leaf to cut through his clones. Next launch a Flamethrower again. Hopefully he won't be able to see it coming, and so won't be able to dodge.

Mud Slap ~ Magical Leaf ~ Flamethrower

DarkestLight
17th April 2007, 08:53 PM
Hrm. Damn rain makes me utterly sleepy. Unable to think, really.

Round 2

====Arena====

Swamp: Little bog here and there. Mud. Some Rocks. Nowhere for me to safely sit with a lawn chair...pleasantly creepy.

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 96/88%
Added effects: Light Screen up; lasts 1 more round
Other: Slightly dazed.
Commands: Mud Slap ~ Magical Leaf ~ Flamethrower

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 95/94%
Added Effects:
Other: Seared by the collision of fire and electricity a bit, otherwise ok.
Commands: Sonicboom ~ Double Team ~ Thunderbolt

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The nauseous smell of the swamp filled the air as Round two began. I catch Cleffa tentatively looking down, staring at the ground again. It would look like she's confused about the whole ordeal that just occurred, until her body flung itself forward. She flipped once, catching a glob of the mud from the ground.(-2E)

Electro-spying his victim seemed able to attack, floated around, and twirled his appendages again, before releasing a speedy Sonicboom.(-3E) The attack shot through the air, heading toward Sehry...and the brown..patch? Electro was blindsided by the brown patch(-4H) that now slapped his smooth side, as Sehry jumped backwards with her Mud-Slap throw. She clapped in glee, mud wasn't so bad after all!

Electro however, wasn't pleased his attack missed. Rotating around the little fairy like a satellite, Electro began to gain speed, making Sehry hastily look left and right to judge its position. She clenched her little nubby arms and curled in, releasing them in an explosive manner.(-4E) Her subsequent power caused the leaves of the swamp to rise from the ground, and spin upward in a tornado-like fashion, magically shooting through the sky around them. Electro seemed to split into 5 clones of himself(-3E), just then, and hastily tried to evade the incoming(-3H), but 3 of the clones would not be so lucky.

While the leaves died down, Sehry began to move around again, tracking the two Electrodes that seemed to escape that Magical Leaf Storm. She jumped and ran toward a tree, thinking maybe she could get to cover. Hands began to glow red with fire, as she went toward the old thick trunk. Electro and his brother both sparked in unison, before releasing a conglomerate of ionic charges from the magnets on their sides(-4E). The bolts shot through the air..

and Sehry turned around, releasing the fiery flames from her hands in a stream. I dove for cover-I wasn't getting caught by another explosion this time. However...the illusion of lighting that the Flamethrower crashed into threw Sehry off mentally, as the real Thunderbolt threw her off her feet literally(-2H). She crashed a bit away, smoldering ever so slightly. Luckily her screen gave out just then, saving her from the full brunt of the attack.

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 94/82%
Added Effects:
Other: Bit stung, but ok.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 88/84%
Added Effects:
Other: Glad Flamethrower missed. Two close calls...=X=!

Elec Man EXE
18th April 2007, 11:49 AM
Ok Sehry. First, summon up a Psychic power and grab your opponent, then shove him down into the mud and muck. Next, you'll look to the stars and make a Wish to grant yourself a boost. And finally, we'll let randomness decide on what to use with a Metronome.

Psychic ~ Wish ~ Metronome

Knight of Time
22nd April 2007, 07:25 AM
Electro, this round is going to be an important one for us to make Sehry lose quite a bit of energy if possible.

Struggle against her Psychic so that she'll have to prematurely let go of you (hopefully you won't land in the mud, if you do, float out of it quickly!), then use a Screech to disrupt her Wish, finally, Mimic her Psychic, it may come in handy in the future if it's successfully Mimiced.

Struggle (against the Psychic) ~ Screech (to disrupt Sehry from successfully using Wish) ~ Mimic (Psychic)

DarkestLight
22nd April 2007, 06:14 PM
Round 3

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 94/82%
Added Effects:
Other: Bit stung, but ok.
Commands: Psychic ~ Wish ~ Metronome

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Added Effects:
Other: Glad Flamethrower missed. Two close calls...=X=!
Commands: Struggle (against the Psychic) ~ Screech (to disrupt Sehry from successfully using Wish) ~ Mimic (Psychic)

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The fight continues quite swiftly, Sehry beginning the round with quite a blast of energy. She focuses as much energy as she could to allow her control of the etherium long enough to attain an invisible hold upon Electro's magnetic poles(-7E). She made sure to squeeze tight(-2H), before sending her arms down to try and throw him into the ground. Caught by surprise by the invisible grasp, Electro began to shake violently, gaining a sheen as its Struggle (-4E) to be freed from the grasp began. The ground was coming closer to touching its metallic body..but it HAD to fight!

His Struggle worked, allowing it to escape; floating upward a bit hastily; before regaining composure. Immediately though, the floating magnet began to summon another stream of energy, releasing it through frequency modulations of his outer magnetic poles. The sound created was a horrendous Screech, akin to scratching nails on a chalkboard(-4E).

While the Screech was being formed, Sehry was working on her own energy manipulation. Throwing her hands in front of her face, she assumed a position akin to giving praise to some higher power. As she stared up at the sky from under this dismal fog, the Screech hit her. Eyes closed, and she Wished for strength in order to cope with this sound, this match...(-5E)

Her wish made it to the stars--though she needed to concentrate more to ensure it would be successful. As the sound ended, she dropped her hands, slightly exhausted from focusing so hard. She didn't want to think about her next attack. That Screech took alot out of her. That wasn't going to happen again though; eyes cutting at Electro. Index fingers popped upward, and she swung them around, allowing the mystic spell of randomness to be conjured.(-4E)

Electro, meanwhile, was now rotating around her systematically, studying her from different angles. When he perceived the right one, he released a invisible set of waves that allowed him to accurately mimic the ability he was hit with earlier that match, that Psychic grasp(-3E). As his Mimic completed, he spotted a small ball of energy shoot from the small animal. The energy bolt was easily evaded with a vertical action. The return trip of the newly made Bonemerang was not anticipated however, and Electro was slammed in the back by the bone-like energy bolt,(-5H) throwing him into the mud.

Muddy maggy...

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 94/68%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech.
Slightly more attuned to the battle via Wish. (She can think quicker on her feet than usual.)
Other: A little tired...

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 81/73%
Added Effects:
Other: Little miffed, muddy...

Knight of Time
27th April 2007, 03:50 PM
Okay, nice job so far Electro despite your deficit, but before I post your next moves...

DarkestLight, I'm afraid I have to come to you again, when you reffed Wish earlier in the last round, you reffed it as giving a stat boost to Sehry (in this case, her attack (physical, not special). In my confusion over seeing this unexpectedly, I contacted Chris 2.0 to sort out the matter, and he clarified that Wish does not raise any stat in battle. In actuality, it rallies the user for the next few rounds, boosting their focus and concentration. This means that they are mentally stronger against say confusion, attraction, they may fight off disabled attacks easier and they are less subjected to distraction or inaccuracy.

You may also use the in-game version in which health is restored the round after it is used.

Anyway, can you re-ref the last part of this round please? Everything else looks fine, it's just that your description of Wish threw me off (Also a re-reffing of a round resets the DQ: Chris confirmed this for me.)

Thanks in advance.

Edit - Just clarified some of your post Kyle - Chris

DarkestLight
27th April 2007, 04:24 PM
Ugh, I'm sucking this battle up. x_x My apologies *CLAP* OK! Let's see what I can do here.

EDIT: K, that's up.

Things that are changed:

Took off the stat boost.
Noted Sehry's more acute in battle now.
Gave Electro some health back due to Bonemerang not being as strong.

That's about it. Continue on...::Grabs Diamond:: I'm still here, really.

Knight of Time
28th April 2007, 02:19 PM
Okay Electro, let's see if we can put the arena to your advantage, now that you Mimiced Psychic, despite being knocked into the mud.

I want you to quickly use a Psychic to push Sehry into the mud, since she managed to get you into it last time, let's see how she likes it if she ends up face-first in it (which is exactly what I want you to use Psychic for, Electro). Then, it's time to give her some more trouble, so I want you to use a Rain Dance to literally turn this area into a swamp for a while. Finish with a deafening Sonicboom.

Sub:

If she goes for a Fire attack again, dodge it as best you can while doing whatever move you're using (even if it means using a little more concentration).

Psychic (to push Sehry face-first into the mud) ~ Rain Dance ~ Sonicboom

Elec Man EXE
30th April 2007, 11:54 AM
Good job Sehry. Now then, I want you to start the round off by using Amnesia. Make it forget just how to use Psychic. Then, let him use Rain Dance and then give him an Encore to make him repeat it. The rain isn't too bad, it'll wash you up. And finally, use the falling rain to unleash a stronger Water Pulse at the magnet while he tries to conjure up more rain.

Amnesia ~ Encore ~ Water Pulse

DarkestLight
2nd May 2007, 05:30 PM
I'm waiting on a replay before I post the next round of the battle. but if anyone has the ASB definition of Amnesia, I'd be very grateful.

Knight of Time
2nd May 2007, 05:39 PM
I'm waiting on a replay before I post the next round of the battle. but if anyone has the ASB definition of Amnesia, I'd be very grateful.

I think you mean reply?

Okay, Amnesia is a move which basically makes a Pokemon forget a move it had used (even one recently), I think it lasts a few rounds.

That enough information on the move for you, DL?

DarkestLight
2nd May 2007, 05:52 PM
Plenty. Pretty cool its offensive in ASB. Makes more sense. Anyway.

Reffing!

Round 4

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 94/68%
Slightly more attuned to the battle via Wish. (She can think quicker on her feet than usual.)
Other: A little tired
Amnesia ~ Encore ~ Water Pulse

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Added Effects:
Other: Lil miffed, muddy.
Psychic (to push Sehry face-first into the mud) ~ Rain Dance ~ Sonicboom

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

As the mud begins to drip off of Electro's underside, it formulated its objective as per its orders. Backing up a moment in order to correctly judge distance, those magnets began to reverberate a frequency unlike any Electro was naturally known for doing. An invisible aura of pure mental energy was produced, and Electro looked at its target...

Sehry-whom was currently holding her hands to her head. She peered left and right, but at the moment, seemed to be unable to remember something.(-3E) While she snapped her fingers however, it came back to her! Turning to Electro, the Magnemite immediately released the combinations it was calculating to produce the Psychic!

The attack came from her left. Something grabbed her! Something so creepy that she couldn't see it. Struggling against the inviso-force proved to be useless as Electro then forced her down and into the Mud, covering her within its clastic texture!(-4E, -5H). She screamed as the force seemed as if it was trying to suffocate her-but it soon let up, and she rolled out, looking like a Cleffa Bon-Bon. The force ended...as...Electro seemed unable to remember how in the heck it was even able to pull off such an attack...

Upset that she was now quite muddy, Cleffa hastily began throwing gobs of it off her. As she did that, Electro would release a spark of power into the sky-churning the clouds into a darker representation of their former selves. Thunder roared miles away, and soon the skies parted, opening up to release rainwater upon the already marshy area.(-4E) The rainwater helped to get the mud off of Sehry's top half, but now it was thicker, and harder to walk around in. She trudged along, sinking in a bit, but still high enough to catch Electro's attention. Though bogged down a tad, she waved her arms repeatedly; rhythmically.(-5E) Electro spotted this, and floated over. He suddenly felt off- as if someone messed with his programming again...all he could think about doing was Rain Dance again!

But he was told Sonicboom! While he tried for a Sonicboom, all that let his form was another bolt of power to open up another rain cloud. More rain began to fall(-4E). As Electro floated around, confused as to why he performed the same attack, Sehry climbed out of the mud, and raised one arm to the sky. Using the falling water as an accelerant, her falling hand caused raindrops to coalesce together, creating a series of rings that slammed into the Magnemite from a great height.(-3E, -7H) Hit back, Electro elevated his position, watching the pools of water circle around-starting to form thick patches of muddy traps.

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 94/60%
Other: Wet. Muddy. Not happy.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 74/65%
Added Effects: Encored
Other: Wondering who's haxx0rin hi5 5y573mz?

Rain Dance for 3 more rounds

Encore for...::Rolls die:: 1 move. Not bad.

Note: The addition of water has made this area more muddy, making it harder for Pokemon to run around. They can also get stuck in the mud. Digging is much harder, but Dive is possible.

Elec Man EXE
3rd May 2007, 09:09 AM
I think you added all damage to Electro instead of doing damage to both. Sehry should have taken 5 damage and be at 89 health, and Electro took 7 and should be at 81%. If my own calculations are correct, of course.

Ok Sehry. Now then, this time I want you to start off with Light Screen for protection. Then, unleash a Water Pulse. And end the round with another Water Pulse. If he tries a direct status effect inducer, then use Copycat to send it back at him as well.

Light Screen ~ Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse
Sub: Copycat

DarkestLight
3rd May 2007, 10:06 PM
Correction noted. Slip of the finger there. Thanks. Sleep. Really. i need it x_x

Knight of Time
8th May 2007, 02:55 PM
Electro, begin with a really bright Flash to blind Sehry (her Light Screen should be unable to protect her from it), then dodge the first Water Pulse while using another Supersonic to get her confused again, finally, unleash a Sonicboom right into her ears, again, her Light Screen should be unable to protect her, again, dodge the second Water Pulse beforehand, if possible.

Flash ~ Supersonic ~ Sonicboom

DarkestLight
9th May 2007, 04:52 PM
Round 5

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 89/60%
Other: Wet. Muddy. Not happy
Light Screen ~ Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse
Sub: Copycat

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 81/65%
Added Effects: Encored
Other: Wondering who's haxx0rin hi5 5y573mz?
Flash~Supersonic~Sonicboom

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The magnetic polarity Pokemon shifted around vehemently, causing a large buildup of electricity to accumulate in its circuitry. As the buildup quickly reached a critical mass- Sehry hid behind her little arms, throwing up a Light Screen for protection against anything that may come her way.(-4E)

The rapid buildup exploded in a bright Flash of light(-4E), Sehry's guard totally annhilated-as well as her sight. Blazing corneas would leave Sehry in a world of white, as Electro moved in rapidly. His impending approach imminent, Sehry threw both arms out to her sides, and forced a series of watery pulses to erupt from the ground.(-4E) The attack-though well thought was watched and sidestepped carefully by Electro, whom them released a set of his own waves. (-3E)The ultrasonic vibrations crashed into Sehry, but instead of harming her-they rang through her limbic system, and due to their odd nature, gave her a false representation where Electro was.

Sitting up, Sehry turned around. Her back was to the enemy. Electro, pleased at this contortion, flew over her to allow himself to be at minimal distance for maximum output of his final attack. However, Sehry's next motion forced her to look up unknowingly-and scream. The scream she released carried that same frequency, and elicited that same dumbfounded effect that it had on her-to Electro. (-4E)

Shocked, confused, and totally amazed that by some string of luck, Sehry even figured out where he was, Electro haphazardly floated around the area- releasing his last attack at a shrub a few meters from where Sehry stood.(-4E) Sehry was in no better shape, and wound up walking into a thick patch of mud, where she is all tangled up.

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 89/48%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech. Confused
Other: Stuck in the Mud

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 81/54%
Added Effects: Confused
Other: .....

Rain Dance for 2 more rounds
Light Screen for 4 more rounds

Note: The addition of water has made this area more muddy, making it harder for Pokemon to run around. They can also get stuck in the mud. Digging is much harder, but Dive is possible.

Knight of Time
14th May 2007, 01:18 PM
Okay Electro, let's see if we can shake off your confusion here.

Take advantage of Sehry's predicament (and the rain) by blasting her with a good Thunderbolt, then relax (just be ready to move out of the way of anything that comes your way, or if it's another Psychic, Struggle against it). Finish with another Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt ~ relax ~ Thunderbolt.

Elec Man EXE
14th May 2007, 02:20 PM
Sehry. Go ahead and start the round off by Relaxing, try and clear your mind and rest your body. Hopefully the incoming bolt gets foiled by confusion. Then, while Electro rests, I want you to Sing him a calming lullaby. If he's already calm, nudging him into slumber ought to be fairly easy. Then drain his dreams away with Dream Eater. But if Electro doesn't fall asleep or wakes up, then get him with Water Pulse.

Relax ~ Sing ~ Dream Eater / Water Pulse

DarkestLight
15th May 2007, 07:09 PM
Round 6

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 89/48%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech. Confused
Other: Stuck in the Mud
Relax ~ Sing ~ Dream Eater / Water Pulse

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 81/54%
Other: .....
Thunderbolt ~ relax ~ Thunderbolt

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

Dazed and confused momentarily, Electro's assault begins on a high note. A really high note, as a surge of electric impulses readily take a physical manifestation. Sparking out from him, the bolt shoots skyward...harmlessly leaving the Swampland...(-3E)

Leaving Sehry to sigh with relief. Although stuck for the moment, relaxing here gave her a moment to really assess mud and its capabilities. It could be used to throw. Or it could be used to trap. She could roll around in it. Or she could lie in it,..and float to the top! Or it could be used as a bed when lightning rained down upon her from the heavens!!!!(-3H +4E) She curled into a ball momentarily, the shock not stinging as much as it could have.

However, free from the trap that was mud, she made sure to stand on some grass nearby, before looking over to the wandering Magnemite. Electro was steadily zipping back and forth, trying to shake out of his confusion. As such, his mind started to relax- and he began to wonder if he really had to worry about it so much? It wasn't that big of a deal...

in fact, he wasn't even feeling strained anymore-as his favorite melody began to play in his head, ironically being sung by Shery. Or was its name Sehry...man, Electro couldn't remember..as the relaxation caused him to be easily lulled into a soft slumber..(-3E, +5E)

Sehry, seeing her opponent loved her solo so much that it brung him to a still position, quietly crept up beside him. A dark aura eminated from Sehry's eyes, before her vision clouded over, She was no longer looking into the world of the physical. In her newly acquired vision, she could see...

Mareeps? Tons and tons of Mareeps...? All..being herded..by Electro? A cowboy Magmenite? Riiight. In any event, she began to tug and pull at the sheep, getting them rustled up-and inevitably making Electro shudder with anger. Anger that caused him to spark violently. Sehry jumped back, taking with her a small portion of his dream.(-3H, +2H, -4E) Electro- slightly dizzy from the effects of that eaten Dream of his, partially woke up...and lazily floated about-hazy about where his sheep went.

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 88/45%
Other: Weirded out

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 78/56%
Other: .....Where'd they go?

Rain Dance for 1 more round
Light Screen for 3 more rounds

Elec Man EXE
16th May 2007, 11:07 AM
Throwing the mud, you say? What a nice thought. Sehry, why don't you do just that. Grab up a gob of the stuff and Fling it at your mangetized opponent. Then go ahead and use Metronome, we'll let the randomness decide what to do. And finally, go ahead and Relax again, don't want to tire you out too fast.

Fling ~ Metronome ~ Relax

Knight of Time
16th May 2007, 05:49 PM
Okay Electro, things from here may get tough, we have to wear out Sehry, one way or another.

I want you to very quickly get out of the way of the flung mud while using a Thunder Wave on her. Then, as she's using her Metronome, wait for the right moment to Teleport behind her, following up with a Sonicboom! Make her jump back into the mud!

Thunder Wave ~ Teleport (at the right time, to dodge whatever comes from Metronome, also to get behind Sehry) ~ Sonicboom

DarkestLight
16th May 2007, 10:56 PM
Round 7

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 88/45%
Other: Weirded out
Fling ~ Metronome ~ Relax

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 78/56%
Other: .....Where'd they go?
Thunder Wave ~ Teleport (at the right time, to dodge whatever comes from Metronome, also to get behind Sehry) ~ Sonicboom

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

Confused, the Magnemite ambled along the area slowly, watching out for his sheep. His commands came in loud and clear though, but he was still in a haze. Before the small fairy-type scored a direct hit on him with a flying piece of mud however, he would release a series of small bolts around him, watching as they jumped and scattered in all directions, three headed Sehry's way.(-3E)

Sehry, confused as to the Magnemites' quite peaceful disposition, quickly grasped a large glob of the substance, and packed it together in a ball. This stuff wasn't so bad! But it was still messy. Feeling it was heavy enough for her to heave a considerable distance with two hands, she Flung the ball over her head at Electro.(-3E) As her ball of mud sailed through the skies, she then shrieked as the bouncing bolt that didn't get sucked into the mud around Sehry connected, leaving her her to deal with the wonder of paralysis.

Electro, even though dazed, was still moving around, and as such, was able to continue on his idle path and sail clear of the Mud ball that was flung his way. Hearing it land however made him turn around-and watching the clastic sediment ball explode instilled a sense of fear into him...a fear of flying ground harming him. Instantly, he woke out of his daze-and turned toward Sehry-ready to deal damage.

Sehry felt the same way-but at the moment, she was merely letting her fingers do the walking. Or ticking-rather-as that coozo aura shot up about her, spiraling in a helix formation.(-4E) From the depths of the mud came a rumbling, and Electro watched with a sudden enlightenment as the sky seemed to scream at him. A bolt of energy unlike anything he ever spotted before seared down upon him. The Beam struck the earth directly, causing a avalanche of mud and silt and swamp water to wash over everything...Sehry...Elec and KoT..me -.-...

but not Electro. No. Little bugger teleported (-4E) right before the Aeroblast hit and was hovering over Sehry again, this time unexpectantly, as Sehry freed herself from the tree root that subsequently climbed over her head. With only a mere moment of time between his reappearance in the battle field and with the small being merely lying in front of him, a series of sonic waves shot out (-4E)

Sehry took the hit(-6H) and sank into the mud for the moment, before bobbing up halfway, slightly irritated. Though she was relaxing, she couldn't fight against the hit anyway, because the danged paralysis had took hold. (+4E)

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 82/42%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech. Paralyzed
Other: Not appreciating Swampland anymore

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 78/45%
Added Effects: Nada
Other: Happy!

Light Screen for 2 more rounds

Note: Rain stopped. Puddles are as they were n_n. >> << And I wanna cookie.

Knight of Time
21st May 2007, 03:00 PM
'hands DarkestLight a cookie'

Well, this battle should get more interesting now, until it ends.

Still, Electro, we have to continue our push to make Sehry run out of energy before you do, so at anytime this round she tries to relax or sing to you again, Screech at her to disrupt either tactic.

Anyway, for your main moves, start this round off by using another Double Team for more distraction, then let's try something new, by launching a Magnet Bomb at her, finish with another Sonicboom.

Double Team/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes) ~ Magnet Bomb/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes) ~ Sonicboom/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes)

BTW, DarkestLight, how long will Amnesia last on Electro this battle?

Knight of Time
28th May 2007, 07:45 AM
Okay, I really hate to bump this, but where are you, Elec Man?

I don't mean to be pushy, but I don't want to have to have you DQed here, our last battle ended in a knockout (in the old ASB), and I hope this one can too, even if it's just an energy knockout.

Elec Man EXE
29th May 2007, 09:59 AM
Running short on time, so... wide Icy Wind to destroy the clones, then Water Pulse, then Fire Blast.

DarkestLight
29th May 2007, 04:48 PM
Talk about last minute surge ftw. Elec comes up with a strong sequence. Let's see how it fares!

Round 7

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 82/42%
Other: Not appreciating Swampland anymore
Icy Wind~Water Pulse~Fire Blast

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 78/45%
Other: Happy!
Double Team/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes) ~ Magnet Bomb/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes) ~ Sonicboom/Screech (incase Sehry uses Sing again or relaxes)

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The battlers are starting to show sings of wear, but isin't that when all the cool stuff happens? I believe so, as we see Electro already on the field...wait no he's too the left. Wait no there he is, above us all..Ack what the... he's right next to me...O wait..It Double Teamed. There's 4 of them now..and I can't tell which one is which.(-4E)

Nor can Sehry as she looks over to the diamond formation of the Magnemites and begins to shake her head. Somehow, I thought Electro got off another attack, until a sharp blast of Icy Wind came from her little body, flying in a widespread pattern through the area (-4E). All the Electros tried to evade the blast, but within its wide berth, the clones were shattered, leaving Electro with a little frostbite on its left magnet.(-3H)

That failing, Electro watched carefully as Sehry began to manipulate the water again. Knowing full well what could happen then, Electro decided to put the kabash on that by bending in such a way that his magnetic poles were facing each other, and rubbing them together. The magnetic pulses naturally given off by Electro between his recievers began to create waves...reigniting his memory of that long lost move Psychic!

Despite that, Electro released a sizeable forgery of steel (-6E) from its own carapace-possibly made by the magnetic field summoning iron from the nearby environment and coalescing it into a ball of some shape....{Wow I actually believed that.} and flung it at Sehry, right when the waves were released in retaliation(-4E). Unfortunately, the waves were no match for the steel bomb searing through the air and Sehry was blasted full force by the odd attack, sending her sailing. (-11H)

Landing a few feet away, Sehry got up, groggily. A bit disoriented, she held onto her cone ears and began to hum. The humming would attract Electro, as she began to glow white hot. Electro floated upward, firing off those swift supersonic waves at her body(-3E). As they seared down toward her, Sehry seemed to explode in rage(-11E), as a deep red aura flew over her. A swift hop by her and she expelled the inferno she created within-Electro the intended target. While she was still hit by the Sonicboom(-5H), the Fire Blast that she released caught Electro totally by surprise, burning him alive!!!

Well no, not too much, he flew away really fast and dove into the, nope he peaked out before hitting mud, and found a pond to drastically cool his body.(-14H)
===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 66/23%
Other: Winded, panting.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/32%
Other: GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Light Screen for 1 more round

Elec Man EXE
30th May 2007, 12:51 PM
Ok Sehry, good job. Now then, start off the round with Fake Tears to make that little magnet feel bad about attacking you. Then go ahead and Relax. Then loose a Flamethrower, unless it starts raining again. In that case, use Metronome.

Fake Tears ~ Relax ~ Flamethrower / Metronome

Knight of Time
30th May 2007, 01:07 PM
Okay Electro, this is it, we have to make sure the next round is Sehry's last round.

Double Team again to make more copies of yourself, then Screech at Sehry to hopefully disrupt her relaxing, finally, let's try a new technique with your newly remembered, mimiced Psychic by clamping her mouth shut before she attempts to use Flamethrower. Don't let that stream of fire come out of her mouth! I'm not going down so easily.

Double Team ~ Screech (to disrupt Sehry's relaxing) ~ Psychic (to shut Sehry's mouth before she can use Flamethrower)

DarkestLight
30th May 2007, 05:01 PM
Round 8

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 66/23%
Other: Winded, panting.
Fake Tears ~ Relax ~ Flamethrower / Metronome

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/32%
Other: GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!
Double Team ~ Screech (to disrupt Sehry's relaxing) ~ Psychic (to shut Sehry's mouth before she can use Flamethrower)

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The tedious match in the middle of the swamp seems to be drawing near a resolution. For Electro, its to see Sehry sink into the bog. For Sehry, its to watch Electro be consumed by the almighty mud.

For starters, Electro just can't get enough of himself. In the blink of an eye (-4E) Four more clones appeared from his body, and they all zigzagged around to confuzzle us all. Shery watched as they all ran about, and she began to creep close to Electro.

All the Electro's stopped, and watched her carefully, but her eyes were welling up? What did they do? This was a battle, but...then again...she was only a child...and..Aww no.(-4E)

Sehry began to cry, the effect of the falsified tears greatly making Electro consider how hard he should hit Sehry. She WAS only as small as a child right? A belated series of beeps left Electro, as they all reared up and away from Sehry. In the air, Electro looked down at the ..hey wait SHE WASN'T CRYING NO MORE! In rage, Electro began to modulate the air around him, creating a ear-splitting Screech that rocketed at the little LIAR! Sehry meanwhile, was peacefully lying back in the small grass she had found, before that sound made her REALLY cry. (-5E)

Seeing that she wasn't relaxing from that, Electro and his clones calmly began to spin around each other, starting to re-manipulate the air around them. Sehry, thoroughly unhappy about that attack on her, swiftly opened her mouth and fired loose a Flamethrower at the group(-6E)-intended on strafing them all out of the sky. However, only three balls of fire flew out..before she felt her lips and mouth suddenly raise to intense temperatures. Screaming, she covered her lips and ran for water-only to trip as paralysis kicked in! Of all the friggin times!! She squirmed like a 'Karp outta water as the pain engulfed her.

Electro and co seemed to laugh at this.(-6E) That and the fact that her little flames fell about 5 feet from them all, leaving him unscathed.

Steam exited her ears as she finally discontinued the attack, having burned the inside of her mouth.(-5H)

A weird hum was heard, and Electro could see Sehry a little more clearly now.

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 59/13%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech. Paralyzed. Mouth burned. 2HP per turn.
Other: ..Dun wanna talk.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/17%
Added Effects: Nada...Getting winded
Other: XD @ Sehry!

Knight of Time
30th May 2007, 05:06 PM
Well Electro, that round could have gone a bit better.

Uh, DL, just wondering, but how many clones of Electro remained, all of them?

I'd like to know before I issue my next set of commands please.

Edit: Okay, just so I don't have to double post...

Electro, victory is pretty much headed our way...unless we make any major slip-ups in the remainder of this battle.

For this entire round, I want you to relax (since Sehry virtually can't KO you by lowering your HP to 0 before your energy goes there). When I get the chance, you'll become a Magneton.

But, if she is able to relax (with that burn on her mouth, relaxing will probably be quite hard), Screech at her, just not too loudly, I need you to conserve your energy well incase Sehry makes it through this round.

relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself) ~ relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself) ~ relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself)

Elec Man EXE
31st May 2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry Sehry, that mustn't have been pleasent. But.. agh. If we must go for the energy KO, two can play at that game.

Sehry, Swagger that annoying magnet. Annoying noises don't bode well for relaxing, but neither does an opponent pissing you off. Then use Flash to further annoy, hopefully he'll start flailing around madly and waste his energy. Meanwhile, he shouldn't be able to tell you're relaxing, so do so regardless of that burn. If anything, not moving around ought to help the burn, not hurt.

Swagger ~ Flash ~ Relax

DarkestLight
1st June 2007, 11:31 PM
Round 9

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 59/13%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech. Paralyzed. Mouth burned. 2HP per turn.
Swagger ~ Flash ~ Relax

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/17%
Added Effects: Nada...Getting winded
Other: XD @ Sehry!
relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself) ~ relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself) ~ relax/Screech (if Sehry successfully attempts to relax herself)

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

...Nothing pretty about this match. With a burned mouth, Sehry was virtually a mute, and by doing so, she was pretty ticked off at Electro. The magnet and his company though were now making their move..to relax. Sehry didn't seem to be much of a threat.

That is, until Sehry slowly bent down and raised her rump to the sky, waving it back and forth in a festive manner. Taking care to not move her mouth, she smacked her bottom a few times and looked back to Electro(-3E), whom felt slightly perplexed at this action. Looking to his clones, they all looked back, watching Sehry slowly do this-and slowly but surely, they began to get disgruntled..merely because they just wanted Sehry to stop.

Slightly ticked off that Sehry took the time to actually piss him off, Electro and co raised up and spun around to confuse the opponent, before swooping in-to endure a blast of light that came from Sehry's finger. (-2E)

It was alot smaller than it could have been, but it did the trick to disorient the Magnemite and have it slam into a tree. Two clones disappeared, leaving two Magnemites on the field. As she put her finger down, Sehry sat down and watched carefully, one hand holding her lips.

Electro regained his footing, but was blinded for the moment. Fearing that Sehry might be relaxing, or even worse, about to shoot hot fire, a softer than usual Screech filled the air. (-2E). Irked by the noise, Sehry winced and covered her hears, only to hiss in pain as her mouth was still feeling the effects of the burn. (-2H) The light was still subsiding from his eyes{receptors?}-but Electro was confused-what just happened there?

===Stats===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 57/8%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech more. Paralyzed. Mouth burned. 2HP per turn.

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/15%
Added Effects: Tired, slightly confused and annoyed
Other: ..Nada.

Knight of Time
2nd June 2007, 01:11 PM
Okay Electro, Sehry may have been lucky to survive the last round, but she's only stalling her slim chance of winning this battle if she keeps relaxing, because you can do the same thing anytime she does.

Your move Elec Man EXE, and BTW, great battle so far, I can't wait for it to finally end.

Elec Man EXE
6th June 2007, 11:22 AM
Bothersome, and frankly annoying as it may be, the energy draining strategy seems like its going to pan out Sehry. Since there's really no way to win, lets just go for some fun.

Metronome as many times as possible. Maybe something catestrophic will happen and turn the battle in our favor, but at the very least it may be an amusing end to the battle.

Metronome ~ Metronome ~ Metronome

Knight of Time
6th June 2007, 11:35 AM
Well Elec Man EXE, I think you did the right thing here, in the battle with T_M_L I lost, when I knew I wasn't going to beat her Haunter with my Cyndaquil, I had him deal as much damage as he could before he fell, just to make it close. Let's just see what happens in the reffing.

Anyway...

Electro, the battle will likely be over after this round, so I want you to just relax for the entire round.

Relax ~ relax ~ relax

DarkestLight
6th June 2007, 04:53 PM
Round 10

====Arena====

===Battlers===

Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 57/8%
Added Effects: Defense lowered via Screech more. Paralyzed. Mouth burned. 2HP per turn.
Metronome X3

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 61/15%
Added Effects: Tired, slightly confused and annoyed
Relax x 3

===Rule Recap===

===Fight!===

The match of the swampland was drawing to a close...

and then Sehry gets really really RANDOM! Both Pokemon running on fumes, Sehry would quietly watch as Electro hovered in place, his clones doing the exact same. Unsure whom was whom, Sehry stared at the sky and quietly waggled her fingers. She was still irked that the electric beast had bested her-but maybe, just maybe the heavens would help her out here.(-3E)

Her first waggle would unleash a torrential wind-the likes which Electro and co. were not ready for. Unable to readily prepare a defense, Electro and co would be slammed left and right under the influence of a Whirlwind that seemed to spring from out of nowhere. Electro's twirling motion finally stopped, as he slammed into a tree. (-5H)

Huffing...Electro noticed his clones were dissipated. He was by himself and no energy gained. Staring at Sehry, he would try to relax again, but Sehry's waggling finger made him sweat a bead of worry...(-3E)

Almost out of energy, Sehry's second wish upon the heavens would once again open the doors for chance, as she suddenly felt pumped up. So pumped up with energy that her body flew at Electro in a dire rage, punching and kicking the magnetmon as if this was a DBZ flick. Finally kicking him away and skyward, she fell back on the mud, feeling her body weakening from such an expulsion.

Electro flew up, postively stunned that the Cleffa somehow was able to initiate that sort of combat prowess up close.(-12H)

Looking as Electro soared skyward, her fingers waggled weakly one last time...and as the Magnemite flew to apparent safety...

she splashed in the mud. (-2E)

Electro meanwhile...soared to a victory..though I don't know if he knows it.

===Stats===

u]Elec Man EXE:[/u] X
Sehry; Cleffa (F)
Health/Energy: 57/0%
Added Effects:
Other: x_x

Electro; Magmenite (M)
Health/Energy: 44/15%
Added Effects: FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

...Since I did not make it known at the beginning that I usually ref 'till HP's 0...this battle is over. K_O_T: You are victorious.

>> Now, I'm not going to say point totals 'til I get them right. This post will be edited. (even though I believe its 2 / 1..I'm gonna check to make sure.)

Knight of Time
7th June 2007, 07:46 AM
Yes DarkestLight, when someone wins a 1 on 1 battle, the winner and ref get two points each, while the loser gets only one point.

Thanks for reffing, I sure hope this battle was a learning experience for you, you did just fine in the end.

Great battle Elec Man EXE, it was fun battling you for the first time in ages (just so you know, which I hope you do, I was DarkPrince (the Dark Knight) in the old ASB, but this newer username of mine is going to stay). Someday, I hope we can have a rematch battle with more Pokemon on each side, possibly when Electro is a Magnezone.

'recalls his Magnemite into "his" Pokeball, and leaves the swamp as carefully as possible'

Elec Man EXE
7th June 2007, 12:03 PM
Yah, I remember you. Nice to battle you again. Though I can't say I like energy KO's ;)

Well done Sehry, you fought well. Even though you lost, I think you deserve an evolution. That'll give you a much better moveset to work with. Return *recalls the muddy star pokemon*

Thanks for the reffing DL. Prompt and amusing. And yah, just for further verification, a 1 vs 1 is 2 points winner + ref, 1 point loser.

DarkestLight
7th June 2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks to both of you. Yeah-a valued learning experience this was for me n_n. So ok, to make it official

K_O_T gets 2 points
Elec Man EXE gets 1 point
I get 2 points. (yesss)