PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Pair

RedStarWarrior
11th December 2002, 09:15 PM
I was wondering who has seen the dub of Dirty Pair? I have caught about 3 or 4 episodes on one of the pay channels I get and I just love the way these girls kick ***. Does anyone know if the dub holds true to the original Japanese version? Also, which is your favorite of the two? I, personally, like Yuri (sp?) the most because, in my opinion, she is the most attractive and you can't go wrong with blue hair.

PlatinumHawke
12th December 2002, 05:07 AM
Is it Flash ('93) or the original ('86)? I've seen the dub of DP Flash, and I wasn't overly impressed with it, as it suffers from the common dub problem of poor voice directing/talent. Let's just say Yuri is far cuter in the sub.

RedStarWarrior
13th December 2002, 05:45 AM
I am not sure which. I will let you know next time I see it. I think it is the 86 one though.

SAMAS
13th December 2002, 02:13 PM
If you're talking about the showings on Showtime Beyond, They show both.

And my favorite depends on the version.

In Original, I prefer Kei. In Flash, I like Yuri better.

RedStarWarrior
13th December 2002, 10:12 PM
It turns out that the channel shows both.

Treble Clef Jigglypuff
18th December 2002, 05:55 PM
You can't go wrong casting Rika Matsumoto to play Kei.

I like both Kei and Yuri a lot, though.

(My opinions are based on Flash, by the way.)

SAMAS
20th December 2002, 09:08 AM
Has anyone ever read the Dirty Pair comics by Adam Warren? The story and visuals are okay, but he does manage to keep the spirit of the series(There's plenty of action and humor, and the planet is destroyed by the end.), and the technology is just amazing. Paticularly one scene in one of the graphic novels where Kei is tied up, Yuri is in a drug-enduced coma, and Kei escapes by mind-switching into Yuri's body and rescuing herself.