PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Food Allergies

Magmar
8th April 2007, 02:01 PM
1. Do you have anything you are allergic to?

2. How severe are your reactions (if any)?

3. Are you so allergic to anything that you could die from it???

1. Obviously I am making the poll becuase it is yet another Hallmark holiday, Easter, which is something else that, once again, I have much explaining to do to all my friends and relatives.

Easter is easier for me because of the marshmellow peeps and jelly beans, but I have a rather severe food allergy to chocolate.

I am also allergic to coffee, watermelon, kiwi, cherries, blueberries, raspberries and asparagus.

I'm allergic to a variety of medicines, too.

2. I get terrible migraines from chocolate. Everything else is just standard stomach upset.

3. As for severe allergic reactions, I could die from cough syrup and from penicillin.

I suck at life :)

Number1ChanseyFan
8th April 2007, 10:01 PM
1. As far as I know, I am not allergic to any foods. (You are allergic to chocolate, cherries, and coffee?! That must be... horrible!! I feel bad for you...) I have plenty of environmental allergies though... grass/trees, (especially freshly cut grass) dust, pollen, ragweed, molds, and cats. (I used to be very allergic to cats, but now I am just a little allergic to them.)

As for medicines, I am allergic to Septra(sp? it's an antibiotic, I took it when I was little, and I looked like a dalmatian with red spots shortly after) and Prednizone (steroid, I was supposed to take it for pneumonia once, and it made me sooooo sick, it was horrible.)

2. Meh, nothing life threatening, but definitely annoying. Sinus infections, headaches, dizziness/lightheadedness, nausea are my most common symptoms.

3. Not as far as I know!! My dad has some serious allergy issues with most types of berries.

Crazy Elf Boy
8th April 2007, 10:09 PM
1: Yes from Pollen but only from a certain tree, and it just seems not matter where i live that type of tree is there as well.

2: Not very severe ones I just have sinus infections and coughing.

3: Not that I know.

One of my friends is allergic to grass :(

Magmar
8th April 2007, 11:56 PM
I'm also allergic to grass!! But it's only a long-term exposure thing. I can like... cut the lawn and be fine.

Number1ChanseyFan
9th April 2007, 04:32 PM
I'm also allergic to grass!! But it's only a long-term exposure thing. I can like... cut the lawn and be fine.
Meh, I get sick just from smelling cut grass, even the neighbors cutting their grass gives me a headache... one of many reasons why I don't like spring/summer very much!!

CuteLassJigglypuff
12th April 2007, 09:43 PM
1. I do not have any food allergies but I'm allergic to dust, ragweed and pollen.

2. Nothing too severe. I usually get itchy eyes, sinus infections and dizziness.

3. Not to my knowledge.

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 09:48 PM

Pretty much everything that comes from nature, cats, dogs, and probably most other animals with fur. But I've never exactly sniffed a bear to check.

Anything from sneezing to getting a fever. Though I suppose that's sort of minor when compared with death.

Not to my knowledge. And I guarantee that if I was deathly allergic to any medication in existence, I wouldn't be around to make this post.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th April 2007, 05:30 AM

1.) I am allergic to carrots and walnuts when they are raw. When they are baked, cooked whatever, I have no allergic reaction to them though. When I was a kid I used to have the same allergy to apples sometimes.

2.) It makes my lips itch and gives me a really dry and sore feeling in the neck. But it goes away again after a few minutes.

3.) Fortunately I haven't discovered anything I react allergic to in such a severe way yet.