PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Unconscious Habits

Crazy Elf Boy
9th April 2007, 07:12 AM
1) Do you have any Unconcious or Nervous Habits?

2) If so what are they?

3) Do you ever get in trouble for doing them

Ok here is mine

1) Yes

2) For some random reason i like to do a Chewbacca howl (I dont know why) I also pick at my fingernails when I am nervous.

3) Yes I get into tons of trouble (Its the howl)

Dark-San
9th April 2007, 07:38 AM

1) I do have some bad nervous habits. However it has been a while since I had gotten nervous.

2) If so what are they?

2) Like when it is suppose to be my big day and I experienced stomach pains. Or when I am next to go up to the stage to do a presentation, I would always chew my nails.

Yes I do remembered that I've been scolded by my parents since I was young. But nonetheless, habits are difficult to change even in the provess of growing, they are still there.

Lady Vulpix
9th April 2007, 08:00 AM
I have an often irresistible urge to correct every spelling, vocabulary or grammar mistake I notice, like the one that was on the title of this topic.

Some people have got mad at me for that and I've spent most of my life trying to control it, at least when facing people who hate to be corrected, and to try to be as nice as possible about it with the people who don't mind us much. But yes, I've had some problems because of that.

Weasel Overlord
11th April 2007, 06:48 PM
1) Do you have any unconscious or nervous habits?

Yarp.

2) If so what are they?

I used to blink a lot (not entirely sure why) and I have a tendency to cough all the time, too.
Also, same one as you, Gabi. I correct people's spelling, pronunciation, grammar, etc. all the time. I do try not to, though, since I get hit by Vulpix.ck whenever I do it to her... >_<

3) Do you ever get in trouble for doing them?

Yes. The first one resulted in nasty teasing at school, the coughing really irritates my mum, and the correcting one annoys most people, although I've learned to cut down now, since I have like, a ton of dyslexic friends, lol. I felt a bit mean, and they didn't take kindly to me correcting...

Hyperness is a Good Thing
11th April 2007, 09:11 PM
1) Do you have any unconscious or nervous habits?
Yeaps.

2) If so what are they?
I tend to bite my knuckles and/or fingers when I'm thinking really hard or exceptionally nervous. Also, I have Lady Vulpix's and Wurz's problem with grammar, punctuation and spelling, though to a lesser degree.

Not really, the first doesn't bother anyone, and I'm not vocal about the second unless close friends are the offenders, then I go all out >.>

darktyranitar
11th April 2007, 09:52 PM
Yes

2) If so what are they?
I tend to scratch around various parts of my body when I get nervous (head, nose, arm etc). I also have a tendency to pick my teeth with my finger.

I got teased for that, and getting the occasional "eww" (for the second one).

Gavin Luper
14th April 2007, 04:36 AM

Yup.

2) If so what are they?

Well, cause I have long hair now, I tend to keep brushing it off my face all the time. Which is partly out of necessity, really, but I still seem to have my hand in my hair an awful lot of the time, which is kind of gross. Plus, a tendency to make a noise kind of like "kwaa" at any given moment. [It's a weird squawk sound made in a movie called Kung Pow. If anyone knows it, let me know.]

Not really. Laughed at/with for the "kwaa" though. I think it's 'at'.

Magmar
15th April 2007, 08:30 AM
I have an often irresistible urge to correct every spelling, vocabulary or grammar mistake I notice, like the one that was on the title of this topic.

Some people have got mad at me for that and I've spent most of my life trying to control it, at least when facing people who hate to be corrected, and to try to be as nice as possible about it with the people who don't mind us much. But yes, I've had some problems because of that.

I do that! I subconsciously edit newspapers. I'm a copy editor...

SupremeChampion
17th April 2007, 09:19 PM
2) If so what are they?

1.) yep, i def. do
2.) in the unconscious department, i sometimes find myself spinning my earring i my left ear... i had to do it for like 6 months when i first got it, and now i just do it from time to time, most of the time i don't mean to. as for nervous habits, i don't really think i have any, except for trying to make jokes and get people to laugh (if that counts)
3.) nahh

~The Italian Stallion