PDA

View Full Version : GAME: Pokemon Hangman v.58 (MA)

Pages : [1] 2

Number1ChanseyFan
10th April 2007, 08:52 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT: A new rule has been added to the game of Pokemon Hangman, so be sure to check it out.

ANNOUNCEMENT: mr_pikachu has created a Pokémon randomizer that will help you pick a Pokémon when it is your turn to post a puzzle. This will help make sure that every Pokémon will have an equal oppourtunity of coming up. Here is the link to it: The Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer (http://pokemon-randomizer.greatnow.com/randomizer.html)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Randomizer Update! If you select an Unown plushie using the Official Pokémon Hangman Randomizer, it will also name what Unown form has been selected in parentheses, like "UNOWN (A)." Don't include this extra letter (or symbol) in the puzzle, however. Just tell the winner what the form is when you award the plushie!

Pokémon Hangman v.58
Little_Pikachu approved :025:

Game Founder / Rules Creator: Jay
Rules Editor For This Version: Christen (Number1ChanseyFan)
Hosts: mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan, shinypkmnchaser

I'm sure we've all played hangman when you're bored, or at least heard of it. Pokemon Hangman was first created by Mist who is associated with the Charmander Central Club in giving out "plushies" as prizes for people who guessed correctly. People began big collections of these "plushies" when this game was first introduced to PCG, and I hope that people will extend their big collections, or even start them, today.

Rules
Newest rules in Light Yellow

The rules of Hangman are fairly straight-forward. If you don't know them, then watch a few people post and we're sure you'll get the hang of it. *sigh*

But we do have specific rules that we need to follow to make the game slightly trickier. You may only post a maximum of THREE single letter guesses per person before you must guess the name of the Pokemon. This rule is subject to change. But for now it's THREE and only THREE single letter guesses per person, per round. This shouldn't be too hard to follow. If you notice someone that has made more than three single letter guesses then you should be smart and tell them so. :rolleyes:

Each player may not guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

When someone guesses the word correctly it is their turn to think of a Pokemon for others to guess. Please make sure you don't mess up for other people's sake - Double check to see if a letter is present in the Pokemon's name you're doing before you post to avoid mistakes. Also, if it's your turn, try and pick a Pokemon that hasn't already been done. You don't need to always pick evolved forms. The rarity of each plushie should remain the same so we have a nice mix. You may only win a maximum of three plushies per day - This is to prevent a certain group of people called plushie hogs grabbing all the stuff every second turn. (Each person’s “day” depends on the time listed in their forum profile. Each new day begins at midnight.)

If you win three plushies you may still play, however if you win after you've exceeded the limit you must either A) Give the plushie to someone else who is less fortunate or B) Do not take the plushie as a prize. Just make sure everyone has a fair go too!

Legendaries can be won here, but only a worker may give them out. Anyone else may not. If this were possible we'd have legendaries popping up everywhere, and they deserve a rarity. Specialized plushies may also be won here, like a Shiny Claydol, or a Pikachu with a Blue Scarf... the list continues, and only the workers may give them out. You won't know if you've won one of these very rare plushies until you win the plushie.

The only pokemon that aren't allowed to be done by the players here are: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Latios and Latias. All others are fine. Oh, and please don't do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet, either.

You are allowed a maximum of NINE incorrect guesses before it's Game Over, not per person, that includes everyone's incorrect guesses. Usually people guess the name before the nine incorrect guesses so don't worry. If no one guesses the Pokemon correctly by the quota then no one receives a plushie, and one of the workers must do the next puzzle. You don't get two turns in a row at it. You may only post one guess until the person posts an update of the current Pokemon.

Try and not be too idle, the workers would like the game to be fast moving. If you guess the Pokemon correctly and then you're going to be away for 2 weeks then don't wait until you get back because you'll most likely forget about the game. Give someone else a turn.

Right now, an incorrect letter is counted as 1 incorrect guess and incorrect Pokemon are also counted as 2 incorrect guesses. This is also subject to change later on to improve/decrease the difficulty, if any of the workers think it's needed.

Absolutely no editing your guess at the name or a letter. If you plan to edit your post and notice a late spelling mistake and want to change it then specify so. Don't use this as an excuse to change your guess because you might have someone who witnessed you with your previous guess. You'll be in big trouble then.

If it is your turn to post a puzzle, you have 24 hours to post or update the puzzle. In the case of updating, this applies to four situations:

1. When someone makes a letter guess, and it is in (or not in) the puzzle (this also applies to letter guesses in advance).

2. When someone makes a Pokemon guess, and it is wrong/right

3. When so many guesses are made that the man might hang (this also applies to letter guesses in advance as well)

4. When you have yet to post after winning a plushie

If you don't post 24 hours after any situation above, you will lose your turn, and one of the workers will start the next puzzle. (note: the 24 hour rule doesn't apply to the workers).

If you make an incorrect Pokemon guess by accident, you aren't allowed to delete it and make a new guess before the person whose turn it is updates.

When you are guessing the name of a Pokemon on anyone else's turn, you must spell the Pokemon correctly in order to win a plushie of that Pokemon. Example of this rule in action: Let's say someone guessed "Picachu" as their answer to a puzzle, and then another person afterword guesses "Pikachu", if the puzzle is indeed Pikachu, the person who posted second would get the plushie, since the first person spelt it wrong. So please try and avoid making this mistake every time you guess a Pokemon. As for a counter-example, if the man is close to hanging, a correct guess for the Pokemon that is spelled incorrectly will unfortunately make the man hang if there are 1 or 2 guesses remaining, so be careful about this.

Also, if it's your birthday, you're more than welcome to pick any plushie you want for your birthday (excluding legendaries and D/P Pokemon), however, you cannot pick a shiny plushie, as they are obviously rarer than legendaries. When it is your birthday, just post here saying what regular coloured, non-legendary plushie you want (again, you cannot choose a D/P Pokemon either until D/P are released here in North America), and one of the workers will give you your plushie on their next post.

Plushies

What is a Plushie?

Plushies are soft toys. In this game, if you guess a Pokemon correctly you receive a soft toy of the Pokemon you guessed correctly.

What do I do with a Plushie?

Umm... look at them? They aren't really used for anything, mainly just a fun collecting sort of thing. That's all. Maybe one day they might be used for something, but that's a doubtful possibility. If you have a site it might be wise to put them on there to keep track of what you have. Or keep them on a word document.

I don't like my plushie! Can I trade with someone else?

Yes, you may as long as the other person agrees. If they don't want to trade with you then you should respect that. There are many others that may want to trade. Since this game was created long ago some people may already have a decent amount of plushies they might like to trade. You could try sending a PM/IM to one of them if you would like to trade or ask for a list of their plushies. Most people who play Expedia have plushies, so try trading with one of them, or you could start playing the game to extend your collection a different way.

Can I sell my plushies? Or buy one off someone?

No, you may not sell your plushies for CCPs or Stamps.

How many plushies am I allowed to own?

As many as you can win here. Just remember you can only win a maximum of three every day!

Final Words

ONLY post the names of Pokemon. No dictionary words! That is if you haven't been bothered to read the rules, which I recommend reading. There are well over 300 Pokemon to choose from so good luck! (And again, please don’t do any Pokemon from the upcoming Diamond and Pearl games yet.)

If there's something you don't understand then ask shinypkmnchaser, mr_pikachu, or me - we bite but we'll still help. Or maybe someone else can help. Have fun! Your hosts and hostess- mr_pikachu, Number1ChanseyFan,
shinypkmnchaser

The man has been hung a total of thirty-five times
Hangman makes up approximately 1/5 of the total posts in PCG since 2005; considering this game began in very late April

Gabi, it is your turn to post the next puzzle!! Have fun and good luck everybody!!

Lady Vulpix
10th April 2007, 10:37 AM
The new puzzle is here!
Why does the randomizer have so many banners?
_ _ _ _ _(5)

Inferno_Dragon
10th April 2007, 12:22 PM
Is there an S in this puzzle?

Lady Vulpix
10th April 2007, 12:30 PM
No, there isn't.
_ _ _ _ _(5)
Wrong guesses: S.

Inferno_Dragon
10th April 2007, 12:32 PM
Is there an A in this puzzle?

Lady Vulpix
10th April 2007, 12:41 PM
No, sorry.
_ _ _ _ _(5)
Wrong guesses: S,A.

Inferno_Dragon
10th April 2007, 12:41 PM
Is there an T in this puzzle?

Lady Vulpix
10th April 2007, 12:46 PM
No T either. And that was your 3rd guess.
_ _ _ _ _(5)
Wrong guesses: S,A,T.

mr_pikachu
10th April 2007, 12:54 PM
I'll try an N here.

And a lot of people have started complaining about the randomizer as it is now. Should I try to find another webhost?

Lady Vulpix
10th April 2007, 01:14 PM
If many people are complaining, it may be a good idea. Have you tried Tripod? It puts a small banner on top of the page, but it doesn't obstruct the view, and I've hosted pages there for about 10 years and it's always worked well.
_ _ _ _ _(5)
Wrong guesses: S,A,T,N.

mr_pikachu
10th April 2007, 01:19 PM
I may give Tripod a shot. The Randomizer will never again be on Angelfire; I'm that mad about what happened last time. But that's a good suggestion, Gabi.

Another idea would be to write a Hangman Randomizer that can be downloaded to avoid the hassle of dealing with advertising junk. The problem is that I've never been that good at coding anything other than simple Java, Javascript, and HTML, so an applet might be tricky.

On the other hand... hmm... that gives me an idea...

Shadow Wolf
10th April 2007, 02:13 PM
Can I get an L?

Crazy Elf Boy
10th April 2007, 05:33 PM
Is there a D here?

mr_pikachu
10th April 2007, 06:22 PM
Did I forget to guess in my previous post? Whoops. Well, for once I'll try guessing a V! ^_^

darktyranitar
10th April 2007, 07:32 PM
I'll go for a P here.

Inferno_Dragon
10th April 2007, 11:57 PM
I know this might hang the puzzle but ...........

Is it Eevee?

mr_pikachu
11th April 2007, 12:02 AM
...If it's Doduo, Gloom, Golem, or Pichu, then that did hang the puzzle.

Either way, I'll take an R in advance.

Crazy Elf Boy
11th April 2007, 02:29 AM
N in advance plz.....wow Gabi hasn't replied yet and we still hung the man

Lady Vulpix
11th April 2007, 06:11 AM
Ouch! What did you people have to go and hang the man for? It was Gloom!

Master Chief
11th April 2007, 07:22 AM
S in advance, please!

mr_pikachu
11th April 2007, 07:30 AM
Suppose I'll post the next one, just so we can get things moving again. This also means that my advance guess does not count.

N _ N _ _ _ _ _ S (9)

Incorrect Guesses: N/A
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 9

Good luck!

Master Chief
11th April 2007, 07:37 AM
maybe an I can go in this equation?

mr_pikachu
11th April 2007, 08:19 AM
x = the square root of correct.

N I N _ _ _ _ _ S (9)

Lady Vulpix
11th April 2007, 08:52 AM
I'm sure it's the pokemon I was thinking of earlier today.

Namely Ninetales.

mr_pikachu
11th April 2007, 09:07 AM
Lady Vulpix wins her evolution! The Ninetales is yours, Gabi. Nicely done!

Lady Vulpix
11th April 2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks! Now I really need to type down what I wrote on the bus today, or poor Hero will be upset forever. I really hope I can get my RBG done this month. I have so little time!!!!

Ok, I'm done whining.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _(8)

By the way, you can post at the AC/CC tagboard too. You're a CC worker.

Number1ChanseyFan
11th April 2007, 11:29 AM
Is there a C in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
11th April 2007, 11:31 AM
You sound frantic today, Gabi! Hope everything's going well... anyway, I'll try an R here.

Inferno_Dragon
11th April 2007, 11:35 AM
Now I really sorry that I hanged the guy ... is there an S in the puzzle?

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2007, 12:03 PM
Brian: that's the way I sound when my urge to write is stronger than usual and I still have no time to do it.

S _ _ _ _ _ R _ (8)
Wrong guesses: C

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 12:38 PM
Hmm. Is this a Sunflora?

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2007, 12:59 PM
Indeed it is. Congratulations, Brian!

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 01:17 PM
Sweet! Thanks, Gabi. That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
12th April 2007, 02:26 PM
Here we go, Yo!!

Let's begin by guessing an R

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 04:44 PM
There you go, yo.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Incorrect Guesses: R
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 8

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2007, 05:43 PM
Hmm... Maybe an L?

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 05:45 PM
Maybe so.

_ _ L _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Lady Vulpix
12th April 2007, 05:56 PM
Convenience guess: is it Politoed?

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 06:54 PM
Convenience answer: yes. The Politoed is yours, Gabi!

Lady Vulpix
13th April 2007, 07:49 AM
Thanks! I guess this means I have to roll again, right?

_ _ _ _ _ (5)

Please don't hang the man again...

mr_pikachu
13th April 2007, 10:44 AM
Maybe starting with an N this time will help.

Number1ChanseyFan
13th April 2007, 10:45 AM
Ok... I will start with a T this time.

Lady Vulpix
13th April 2007, 03:29 PM
_ _ T T _ (5)
Wrong guesses: N

Blademaster
13th April 2007, 06:19 PM
Ditto.

mr_pikachu
13th April 2007, 06:29 PM
Argh! I just now got back from an overly long meeting to see that I missed getting a new plushie!

...R in advance, whenever Gabi inevitably confirms it.

Lady Vulpix
13th April 2007, 06:33 PM
*Hands out inevitability... I mean a Ditto Plushie.*

Blademaster
13th April 2007, 07:20 PM
Great.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: ~
Left: 9

mr_pikachu
13th April 2007, 07:26 PM
I'll try an N

And if that Ditto's a duplicate, I'll offer a swap for anything on my trade list.

Altaria
Azurill
Charmander
Corsola
Crawdaunt
Cubone
Delcatty
Dewgong
Dustox
Ekans
Elekid
Exeggcute
Gligar (2)
Graveler
Gyarados (3)
Jynx
Lapras (2)
Lickitung
Linoone
Milotic
Murkrow
Nincada
Ninjask
Pikachu
Piloswine (2)
Poliwrath
Qwilfish
Remoraid
Skitty
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinarak
Spoink
Starmie
Staryu
Surskit
Taillow (2)
Togetic
Treecko
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Venomoth
Wailmer
Yanma
Zigzagoon
Zubat

Number1ChanseyFan
13th April 2007, 08:36 PM
Is there an S in the puzzle?

Blademaster
13th April 2007, 10:01 PM
Nope. And this Ditto's my first, sorry.

_ R _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong: N, S
Left: 7

mr_pikachu
13th April 2007, 10:03 PM
Well, is this a Primeape?

Shadow Wolf
13th April 2007, 11:27 PM
I believe mr_pikachu is right, so S in advance please

Inferno_Dragon
14th April 2007, 11:42 AM
Can I have a T in advance?

Blademaster
14th April 2007, 02:27 PM
Yes, it is.

(kicks Randomizer; Primeape plushie shoots out)

Enjoy your new duplicate. :wave:

Z in advance, please.

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 04:05 PM
*pulls out Blademaster's toenails for kicking the Randomizer*

Thanks for the Primeape. That's my second one, so it's up for trade.

Here's the next one!

_ S _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: T, Z
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 7

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 04:11 PM
Oh my, what a headache!

Speaking of headaches, is this a Psyduck?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 04:20 PM
Indeed it is! The Psyduck is yours, Louis. Nice play!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks mr_pika. Another new plushie, cool!

OK, who's next:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _( 9 )

Incorrect: none

Remaining: 9

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Let's start with an R.

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 04:35 PM
Keep up the good work, you will be rewarded eventually.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ R _( 9 )

Remainig: 9

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 04:43 PM
Hrm. Is this an Octillery?

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 04:44 PM
Hrm, now that you mention it, this is an Octillery. Congratulations!

*hands over the plushie*

S in advance please

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 05:09 PM
Excellent! Thanks, Louis. That's another new plushie for my collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 05:15 PM
Time to look for an R

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 05:20 PM
It's hard to find what isn't there.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 05:25 PM
Eso es verdad!!!

OK, let's see if an O helps.

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 05:31 PM
No matter how you say it, there's not an O to be found.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R, O
Incorrect Guesses Remaining: 6

Number1ChanseyFan
14th April 2007, 05:53 PM
Is there a T in the puzzle?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 05:54 PM
You just doubled up!

_ _ _ _ _ T T (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, R, O

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 05:58 PM
Ohh, is this a tiny Diglett?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 05:59 PM
Nice snag! The Diglett's yours, Louis.

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks mr_pikachu. A tiny plushie for a big collection.

OK, here we go!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Let's start with an R.

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 06:56 PM
Oh, it looks like there are some problems at the beginning of the race.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: R

Remaining: 8

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 07:29 PM
Then let's go for an L.

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 07:32 PM
...but it makes a dramatic recovery, taking the lead on the second chance.

_ _ _ L _ _ _( 7 )

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 07:40 PM
I normally don't like guessing vowels, but this situation is an exception. So let's try an E.

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 07:47 PM
...and he makes a quick stop in the pit, just to be safe of any damage while still keeping the lead.

_ _ _ L E _ _( 7 )

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 07:48 PM
Uhh... is this a Nuzleaf?

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 07:51 PM
...he crosses the finish line with a good advantage, scoring the first prize, a Nuzleaf plushie. Congratulations racer.

*hands over the Nuzleaf plushie*

S in advance please

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 07:55 PM
Awesome! Thanks, Louis. That makes 250 Pokedex slots filled! Splendid!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:00 PM
Whoa, only 136 left(excluding DP Pokemon, shiny pokemon and pokemon with different sprites)

Cool! That makes me want to ask for a T

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 08:10 PM
Actually, I've also got two shinies for species of which I already have normal plushies.

And that makes me want to give you a bonus letter!

_ _ _ T _ _ T _ _ (9)

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:14 PM
TWO SHINIES!!!!!!!!

*looks at his not-a-single-shiny plushie collection*

I have a lot of work to do.

Meanwhile, is this a Wartortle?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 08:17 PM
Yup. I've got a shiny Snubbull and a Halloween-themed Gastly.

But that guess will take you one step closer to a vast collection. The Wartortle is yours, Louis!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks mr_pikachu, this new plushie fills my daily quota, so now I have 3 hours and 36 minutes to spend helping my teammates.

OK, here's the next puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 08:30 PM
Let's begin with an R!

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:35 PM
You know, small things(like the usual R) can make wonders.

_ _ _ _ R _( 6 )

Lady Vulpix
14th April 2007, 08:36 PM
Since Brian's quick to guess, I'll take a chance. Is it Seadra?

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:38 PM
Sorry, but the sea horse isn't going to help on this one.

_ _ _ _ R _( 6 )

Incorrect: Seadra

Remaining: 7

Lady Vulpix
14th April 2007, 08:39 PM
Lombre, maybe?

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:42 PM
Maybe, maybe not...

_ _ _ _ R _( 6 )

Incorrect: Seadra, Lombre

Remaining: 5

Lady Vulpix
14th April 2007, 08:45 PM
O_O... could it be Kyogre?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, you've got it, Gabi. I'm taking an R in advance.

And I would've guessed that immediately, but I've already won three plushies today. *cries*

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 08:49 PM
Right-o Lady Vulpix, the legendary Kyogre plushie belongs to you.

*hands over the Kyogre plushie*

S in advance please.

Blademaster
EDIT: .................................................. ....

F in advance.

Lady Vulpix
Well, I don't normally trust the chance of a legendary showing up. That, and my list is flawed. Could I have a link to the workers randomizer, please? I'd like to see what other pokemon I'm missing.

Blademaster, I will assume yours was a late guess for the previous puzzle.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)
Wrong guesses: R, S

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 08:52 PM
What worker randomizer?

Hmm... I should probably make one of those.

Lady Vulpix
14th April 2007, 08:53 PM
[Edit: my question has been answered. Thanks. Update on my previous post. Now I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow.]

Shadow Wolf
14th April 2007, 09:09 PM
OK, can I have an E?

mr_pikachu
14th April 2007, 09:11 PM
I'll add a T to that.

Number1ChanseyFan
14th April 2007, 09:36 PM
Is there a C in the puzzle?

Crazy Elf Boy
15th April 2007, 02:43 AM
How about an N?

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry. 3 guesses left.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)
Wrong guesses: R, S, N, C, T, E

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:01 AM
I'm sure that an M will help on this one

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 08:02 AM
Indeed it will.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ M (8)
Wrong guesses: R, S, N, C, T, E

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:06 AM
Yup, if I wasn't sure before, I'm sure now.

This one is an Alakazam

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 08:08 AM
Well done, Louis! Es tu turno. :)

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:13 AM
Gracias Gabi. ^_^

This is my third Alakazam, so it's up for trade.

OK, here's the next puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _( 6 )

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 08:17 AM
Is there an L?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:23 AM
Nicely guessed!

_ L _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorect: none

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 08:36 AM
Interesting... Is there a G?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:40 AM
Sorry, but that would not help.

_ L _ _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: G

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 08:45 AM
Well, it helped discard several options. E, then?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:47 AM
Quite right about previous post on both ideas.

_ L E _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: G

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 09:01 AM
Then it must be a Cleffa. I already have one, so if it is... would you like to trade it for one of your Alakazam plushies?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 09:09 AM
OK, let's do this step by step. ^_^

First:

Congratulations! You have won a Cleffa plushie.

*hands over the plushie*

Second:

OK, trato hecho.

*hands over an Alakazam plushie and receives a Cleffa plushie*

Third:

Thanks for the trade, S in advance please.

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 09:30 AM
Hehehe. Gracias. :)

_ _ _ _ (4) O_O
Wrong guesses: S

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 09:38 AM
Any N here?

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 09:44 AM
_ _ _ _ (4)
Wrong guesses: S, N

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 09:46 AM
Hm... I'm sure an A is somewhere in here.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 09:49 AM
Ok... is this Pokemon Xatu?

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 10:17 AM
A: 2 - Xatu: 0.
A _ _ A (4)
Wrong guesses: S, N, Xatu

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 10:18 AM
This must be Abra then!!

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 10:21 AM
Yes, it is! Congratulations, Christen! The Abra plushie is yours!

Inferno_Dragon
15th April 2007, 12:14 PM
Can I have a S in advance?

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 03:44 PM
What pretty writing Gabi, I think I will try it too!!

Here is the next puzzle!!

S _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: None.

Guesses Remaining: 9.

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 03:47 PM
Does it happen to be Salamence?

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 03:52 PM
Does it happen to be Salamence?

No... there are only 6 letters in this puzzle!!

But seriously, is the alternating font messing up the display on your end? It looks fine to me, but I just want to make sure that it isn't causing others problems.

S _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: Salamence.

Guesses Remaining: 7.

Inferno_Dragon
15th April 2007, 04:06 PM
Is there an I in this puzzle?

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 04:13 PM
Aw, please don't make Chris mad, ladies...

...I'll try an R here and try to keep my eyes from dilating.

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 04:46 PM
Can I have an L?

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 06:08 PM
The L will be helpful... but will it be enough to solve this puzzle?

S _ _ L _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: Salamence, I, R.

Guesses Remaining: 5.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 06:11 PM
There's an O here somewhere. But where is it?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 06:19 PM
There's also an A somewhere around here.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 06:20 PM
Yep, there is an A and an O. I guess the race is on to see who gets this plushie.

S _ A L O _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: Salamence, I, R.

Guesses Remaining: 5.

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 06:23 PM
This one is Swalot, right?

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 06:23 PM
I'll take an R in advance.

And Louis, Sealeo had an A as well... in the exact same spot. ;)

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 07:08 PM
Yeppers, Louis, this one is Swalot, congrats!! ^_^

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks Christen! ^_^

OK, here's the next:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _( 9 )

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 07:29 PM
Is the any S here?

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 07:32 PM
And what about a T?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 07:37 PM
Sorry, but both shots went down the drain.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _( 9 )

Incorrect: R,S,T

Remaining: 6

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 07:39 PM
Hmm. Then what about an N?

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 07:40 PM
R, S, T. In alphabetical order!

How about an A then?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 07:46 PM
Double or nothing!

N _ _ _ _ _ _ _ N( 9 )

Incorrect: R,S,T,A

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 07:47 PM
Ah, so it's a Nidoqueen!

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 07:54 PM
That's right mr_pikachu. Here's your Nidoqueen plushie. Congratulations.

*hands over the plushie*

S in advance please

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 07:57 PM
Ah, thank you, Louis! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ S (6)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:18 PM
Let's see if a T helps.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 08:39 PM
That did more harm than good.

_ _ _ _ _ S (6)

Incorrect Guesses: T

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 08:42 PM
Then how about a D?

Lady Vulpix
15th April 2007, 09:04 PM
Or maybe an L. Sorry, Christen. I saw 9 instead of 6. X_X

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 09:30 PM
One of you just boosted the puzzle, while the other dragged it down.

_ _ _ D _ S (6)

Incorrect Guesses: T, L

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 09:40 PM
O_O, this one is the legendary Zapdos

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 09:44 PM
So it is! You've won a Zapdos, Louis! Very nice play!

Inferno_Dragon
15th April 2007, 09:54 PM
Can I have an S in advance?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks mr_pikachu. A great new plushie.

OK, time for another puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: S

EDIT: quick guess fixed.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 09:56 PM
Let's try an R here.

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 09:58 PM
Here, there, it's everywhere...

just kidding

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: S

Reaining: 8

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:01 PM
Let's go for an L.

Number1ChanseyFan
15th April 2007, 10:02 PM
Ok... is there a T in this puzzle?

Inferno_Dragon
15th April 2007, 10:03 PM
Is there an A in this puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 10:19 PM
O_O, a missing hot streak.

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: S,L,T,A

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:21 PM
There may be an O or two here.

Inferno_Dragon
15th April 2007, 10:24 PM
Is there an L in this puzzle?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 10:28 PM
The streak just keeps going and going and going...

_ R _ _ _ _ _( 7 )

Incorrect: S,L,T,A,O

Remaining: 4

...and going and going and going...

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:29 PM
Let's hope it stops with a Grumpig.

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 10:31 PM
Fast, furious and skilled. Those qualities helped you score a Grumpig plushie, congratulations.

*hands over the plushie*

S in advance please.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the plushie, Louis. That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ S (8)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 10:38 PM
There's a 66.6%(O_O, number of the devil) chance that a P is available for sale.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:39 PM
Let's call it 66.7%.

_ _ _ _ _ _ P S (8)

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 10:41 PM
OK, so is this a...

Oh, wait! I already have won three plushies.

Well, I have to go eat Special K.

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 10:42 PM
I used to eat that, too. Apparently, so does this plushie.

K _ _ _ _ _ P S (8)

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 10:57 PM
Ooh, is this a Kabutops?

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 11:00 PM
So it is! The Kabutops is yours, Faiz. Nicely done!

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 11:01 PM
Can I have an S? (in advance, of course)

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks! Next one:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong guess: S
Guesses left: 8

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 11:15 PM
What about an R?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 11:40 PM
Maybe an E will help?

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 11:47 PM
Louis got it.

_ E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Wrong guess: S, R
Guesses left: 7

mr_pikachu
15th April 2007, 11:48 PM
Could this be a Tentacool?

Shadow Wolf
15th April 2007, 11:51 PM
It could also be Beautifly?

darktyranitar
15th April 2007, 11:56 PM
And the winner is...

...mr_pikachu! So here's a Tentacool plushie for you!

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 12:03 AM
All right! Thanks, Faiz. That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 12:08 AM
Can I have an R?

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 12:10 AM
No.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 12:16 AM
No? OK

How about an E?

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 12:17 AM
No.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 12:22 AM
No, again! OK then.

Maybe I can find an A?

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 12:22 AM
No.

_ _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E, A

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 01:15 AM
How about an S?

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 01:32 AM
No.

Wait... aw, dang it.

S _ _ _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, E, A

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 01:34 AM
Hm... is this a Spoink?

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 01:34 AM
So it is! The Spoink is yours, Faiz. Well played!

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 01:40 AM
Thanks, Brian.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (8)

Wrong guess:
Guesses left: 9

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 01:40 AM
Let's open with an R.

Crazy Elf Boy
16th April 2007, 02:30 AM
I'll have a N please

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2007, 07:59 AM
Ok, is there an S?

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 08:08 AM
I'll add an L.

Master Chief
16th April 2007, 08:15 AM
ok, 4 guesses down, 5 to go, so i'll only add an O

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 08:28 AM
Rules

Newest rules in Light Yellow

Each player may not guess a vowel (A, E, I, O, or U) until they have guessed at least one consonant. However, anyone may make Pokemon guesses before guessing a consonant.

:sweat2: Poor Hangman rule. It must be tired of getting broken. :(

Master Chief
16th April 2007, 08:51 AM
i posted here before!!

fine...ill change it to a T...

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 10:05 AM
_ _ _ N _ _ _ R (8)

Wrong guess: S, L, T
Guesses left: 6

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 10:11 AM
Hmm, is this a Houndour?

darktyranitar
16th April 2007, 10:18 AM
Yes, it is. Congrats, Louis. Here's an Houndour plushie for you!

Inferno_Dragon
16th April 2007, 10:51 AM
Can I have an S in advance?

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2007, 03:57 PM
i posted here before!!

fine...ill change it to a T...
Hi, just to clear up any confusion, the rule applies every time that a new puzzle is started. Whenever a new puzzle is posted, your first guess for that particular puzzle can't be a vowel.

C in advance please!!

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 06:16 PM
I'll open with an R.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks dt, another plushie new to the collection.

Oh, I almost forgot, congratulations on becoming a mod dt.(yeah, I know this should be written on the correct place, which is not here)

Anyway, here's the brand new puzzle.

_ _ R _ _ _( 6 )

Incorect: S,C

Remaining: 7

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 06:43 PM
Let's try for an L here.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 06:55 PM
Let's not.

_ _ R _ _ _( 6 )

Incorrect: S,C,L

Remaining: 6

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:04 PM
Ah, is this a Mareep?

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 07:11 PM
Affirmative Commander pikachu, you have earned a mareep plushie. Congratulations.

*hands over the plushie*

Now, I hereby request an S in advance.

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks, Louis! That's another new plushie for the collection!

Here's the next one.

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Good luck!

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 07:25 PM
Hmm, two options eh?

*flips coin*

Let's see if this one is a Salamence

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:26 PM
Tails.

S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (9)

Incorrect Guesses: Salamence

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 07:29 PM
Shoot, I'm not good when it comes to flip coins.

Anyway, let's see if this one is the fake tree, Sudowoodo

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:33 PM
You've seen past the facade and won a Sudowoodo, Louis! Nicely done.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks mr_pikachu, a plushie assigned fro trade.

Time to water it...

...nah.

OK, time to bulk up the next puzzle:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _( 8 )

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:43 PM
I'll try for an R.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 07:46 PM
I call it the Uub-R

_ _ _ _ _ R _ _( 8 )

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 07:50 PM
There's at least one A here.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 08:00 PM
Don't be afraid to ask for a tip.

_ _ _ _ A R A _( 8 )

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 08:14 PM
...I'll take a K, please.

Shadow Wolf
16th April 2007, 08:17 PM
o_O

OK, last guess goes last place.

_ _ _ _ A R A K( 8 )

(Does this looks difficult? O_O)

Number1ChanseyFan
16th April 2007, 09:59 PM
This looks like a Spinarak to me.

mr_pikachu
16th April 2007, 10:02 PM
I'll take an R in advance. ^_^

Crazy Elf Boy
17th April 2007, 12:22 AM
I'll take a N please

Shadow Wolf
17th April 2007, 04:38 AM
Not only it looks like a Spinarak, but it is a Spinarak. Congratulations Christen.

*hands over the little spider plushie*

S in advance please.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th April 2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you!! ^_^

Here's the next puzzle!!

_ _ N _ _ _ (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, S.

Guesses Remaining: 7.

Master Chief
17th April 2007, 08:53 AM
A?

...oops, no A, my bad, instead i'll take a T...sorry again :P

Shadow Wolf
17th April 2007, 04:28 PM
Time for a weird guess...

Can I get a Y?

mr_pikachu
17th April 2007, 06:36 PM
I'll toss in a P.

darktyranitar
17th April 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and take a wild guess that this is a Ponyta.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th April 2007, 08:59 PM
The self-proclaimed weird guess was actually the best!!

_ _ N _ _ Y (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, S, T, P, Ponyta.

Guesses Remaining: 3.

mr_pikachu
17th April 2007, 09:02 PM
Time to weirdly add a K!

Inferno_Dragon
17th April 2007, 09:03 PM
Is there an M in this puzzle?

Number1ChanseyFan
17th April 2007, 09:04 PM
I think somebody's gonna get this one soon...

M _ N K_ Y (6)

Incorrect Guesses: R, S, T, P, Ponyta.

Guesses Remaining: 3.

Inferno_Dragon
17th April 2007, 09:04 PM
Is it Mankey?

mr_pikachu
17th April 2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah, I'll take an R in advance with a side of fries. And go ahead and super size it, would ya? I feel the need for feed.

Number1ChanseyFan
17th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Yep, it sure is a Mankey!! Congrats!! ^_^

Inferno_Dragon
17th April 2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks! Here is the next puzzle;

_ _ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (10 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: 0
Guesses Remaining: 9

mr_pikachu
17th April 2007, 11:45 PM
Let's go for an L.

Inferno_Dragon
17th April 2007, 11:51 PM
Searching for an L ... can't find one! Sorry!

_ _ _ _ _ _ R _ _ _ (10 Letters)

Incorrect Guesses: L
Guesses Remaining: 8

mr_pikachu
17th April 2007, 11:57 PM
Ah, is this a Masquerain?

Inferno_Dragon
17th April 2007, 11:59 PM
Yes, it is. Wow that is quick. Here is your plushie. And I would like an S in advance.

I would like to still remind you mr_pikachu ... I am lightyears behind you on complete my plushie collection.

mr_pikachu
18th April 2007, 12:07 AM
Booyah! Plushie awarded at 11:59 p.m., so now that it's a new day, I can win three more! Sweetness. ^_^

Thanks, Inferno. This one's going on the trade list.

Here's the next one!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Good luck!

P.S. Make me an offer I can't refuse!

Trade List

Altaria
Azurill
Charmander
Corsola
Crawdaunt
Cubone
Delcatty
Dewgong
Dustox
Ekans
Elekid
Exeggcute
Gligar (2)
Graveler
Gyarados (3)
Jynx
Lapras (2)
Lickitung
Linoone
Masquerain
Milotic
Murkrow
Nincada
Ninjask
Pikachu
Piloswine (2)
Poliwrath
Primeape
Qwilfish
Remoraid
Skitty
Smoochum
Snubbull
Spinarak
Spoink
Starmie
Staryu
Surskit
Taillow (2)
Togetic
Treecko
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Venomoth
Wailmer
Yanma
Zigzagoon
Zubat

Seeking List

Abra
Aerodactyl
Aipom
Anorith
Armaldo
Aron
Articuno
Baltoy
Bayleef
Beedrill
Bellossom
Bellsprout
Blaziken
Breloom
Butterfree
Cacnea
Cacturne
Camerupt
Caterpie
Chansey
Chikorita
Chimecho
Chinchou
Cloyster
Combusken
Corphish
Crobat
Croconaw
Ditto
Donphan
Dragonair
Dragonite
Drowzee
Dunsparce
Dusclops
Exeggutor
Flaaffy
Flareon
Furret
Gengar
Geodude
Girafarig
Golduck
Gorebyss
Haunter
Ho-oh
Horsea
Houndoom
Illumise
Kakuna
Kingdra
Kirlia
Krabby
Kyogre
Lairon
Latios
Ledyba
Lileep
Lotad
Luvdisc
Machoke
Machop
Magikarp
Magmar
Magnemite
Mantine
Marowak
Mawile
Meganium
Meowth
Metang
Metapod
Mew
Mewtwo
Mightyena
Nidoking
NidoranF
NidoranM
Numel
Oddish
Parasect
Persian
Phanpy
Pinsir
Politoed
Psyduck
Raichu
Ralts
Raticate
Rattata
Rayquaza
Regice
Registeel
Rhyhorn
Roselia
Sableye
Sandshrew
Seadra
Seaking
Seedot
Sharpedo
Shedinja
Shellder
Shiftry
Skiploom
Slakoth
Slowpoke
Slugma
Snorunt
Solrock
Spinda
Stantler
Suicune
Sunkern
Swablu
Swellow
Swinub
Tentacruel
Togepi
Torkoal
Tyranitar
Unown
Venonat
Walrein
Weepinbell
Weezing
Whiscash
Whismur
Wigglytuff
Wingull
Wooper
Zapdos

Blademaster
18th April 2007, 12:21 AM
Hey, mr_paranoia.

How about a trade - your Ekans and a Gligar for my Persian and Furret. Oh, and I have a Shiny Psyduck, too, but that might cost... extra... ;)

Speaking of which, what's a guy gotta do to get a D around here?

mr_pikachu
18th April 2007, 12:25 AM
That trade sounds good to me, Blade! *makes swap* Thanks, man!

As for the shiny, what did you have in mind?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ (7)

Incorrect Guesses: S, D