PDA

View Full Version : my friend can't sign up...

mario72486
11th April 2007, 06:43 PM
I have a friend who's looking to join this forum, but for some reason it's not allowing him to. After filling out the registration form, he gets a message that says "The administrator has banned your email address." It's really strange, since he's only been to this site once before when I gave him a link to one of the pages.

Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

Dark-San
11th April 2007, 10:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that you would have better chance at your question being answered at The Binary District. Since MISC had always been a discussion forum on general stuffs and such technical topic would better fit elsewhere.

However as a piece of advice, I still think that your friend can use another e mail address to register since it is normal for people to have mulitiple web address.

Hinoryu
12th April 2007, 12:14 AM
Hotmail, gmail, and yahoo emails are automatically banned by TPM.

mario72486
12th April 2007, 08:17 AM
Hotmail, gmail, and yahoo emails are automatically banned by TPM.

If that's true, then how could I have signed up? I used my Yahoo mail account, and I was able to get in no problem.

I had tried contacting the administrator with these questions (and this was well over two weeks ago, mind you), and I had not gotten any kind of reply.

If you think I'd be able to get better answers in the Binary District, I'll try there. If someone could move this thread over to that section, that'd be great.

mr_pikachu
12th April 2007, 09:16 AM
Actually, Yahoo isn't banned as far as I know; I'm not even certain that Hotmail is. Gmail's definitely out, though, because it's just loaded with security holes.

If your friend has a university E-mail or something else that's members-only, he'd certainly be fine, as they usually have very tight security. But some of the major public ones are just riddled with problems.

And yeah, you'll definitely get better answers in The Binary District, once one of the Misc. mods moves it there.

Chris
12th April 2007, 03:05 PM
Moved :)

The owner of the site doesn't drop by very often so if you tried to contact us using the link at the bottom of the page, the email probably hasn't been read yet.

Free email providers haven't been allowed for signups here since late 2006, because accounts that use them tend to get broken into. Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo are all affected by this. Ask him to use the address given to him by his Internet provider, or his school/college/university email address if he has one.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
13th April 2007, 11:14 PM
I have had my free Lycos email address here since a Finnish server named Artic or was it Arctic quit in 2001 or was it 2002. I almost never use my lycos though because of SPAM, so I would like to change my Finnish jippii.fi - address to be visible here. Do you have any idea whether that's banned or not?

And I don't know if this is off topic, must or can you really delete your former e-mail addrerss if you take a new one?

mr_pikachu
13th April 2007, 11:42 PM
Unless the layout has changed dramatically since I last checked the User CP, you can only have one E-mail address at a time. Sorry.

As for the other question... I'm going to let someone else handle that, because apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to banned E-mails.

Chris
14th April 2007, 04:42 AM
jippii.fi should be okay.