PDA

View Full Version : Problem handling VirtualDub

Dark-San
12th April 2007, 10:23 PM
I had recently download VirtualDub with the intention to split the anime which I had at hand. However despite repeated attempts to split the video file, a problem keeping preventing me from going and further on operating it. The error message wrote,

--------------------------------

Oops – VirtualDub has crashed. Details are listed below which may help you pinpoint the problem. If a third party driver is implicated, try using another driver and see if the problem goes away. For reproducible problems in VirtualDub itself, use “Save…” and email the problem report to <phaeron@virtualdub.ord> along with a description of whare you were doing.

Crash details (best guess as to cause)
An out-of-bounds memory access (access violation) occurred in moduke ‘ffdshow’…
…reading address 800004A2…
…while querying video codec with FOURCC “ffds” (w32videocodec.cpp:434)…
…while attempting codec negotiation: fccHandler=0x64697678, biCompression=0x44495658 (w32videocodec.cpp:525).

--------------------------------

I was told that VirtualDub can only be used on Xdiv files. Unfortuntely, the codec which I am currently using is the Combined Community Codec Pack.

Information on CCCP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Community_Codec_Pack) can be found here.

Chris
13th April 2007, 06:23 AM
Which specific codec inside the CCCP does the video use? What's the file extension?

Dark-San
13th April 2007, 06:31 AM
The contents of CCCP should contain the following,

* Customized build of ffdshow
* Haali Media Splitter
* FLV Splitter
* MPV Decoder
* VSFilter
* WMV9VCM
* CoreWavPack
* Media Player Classic
* Zoom Player

As for the file extention, it is a *.avi file and it should work on a Xvid codec.

*Edit~ I added in the crash information report to the post as well. Seriously needing assistance in this. Thanks.

Chris
17th April 2007, 07:51 AM
There was some problem with ffdshow. "ffdshow Tryouts" is a pretty good alternative and it was updated recently so you should uninstall ffdshow (in the Control Panel) and install the latest version of Tryouts (http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ffdshow-tryout/ffdshow_beta2a_20070322_clsid.exe). Don't keep your settings when you reinstall (there's an option in the installer for that).

If you're using Vista you should definitely switch to Tryouts because the stable branch of ffdshow has major problems working properly in Vista.

Dark-San
17th April 2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Chris for sparing much of your time. ^.^