PDA

View Full Version : Quidditch call!

Houndoom_Lover
15th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Yes, my friends, there is an actully game, and though I doubt that anyone wants to dive in with me in piticular (sp?), who wants to discuss it? ^_^ I read about it, and I was like, noooo waaay!! I hate sports and I want to do it! Want to know mores?

Magmar
19th April 2007, 06:35 AM
I've played it at the elementary school I work at, the kids LOVE it!

mr_pikachu
19th April 2007, 06:41 AM
So... is this a video game, or a board game, or perhaps a playground game with rules designed to simulate Rowling's creation? Or is it something else entirely?

Razola
19th April 2007, 07:30 AM
Please tell me it isn't a stupid or poorly thought out as the "magic booK" version. Seriously, that is probably the worst fucking part of the Harry Potter books.

Houndoom_Lover
26th April 2007, 04:46 PM
-sigh- I forgot I wrote this. What a horrible memory I have. Anywho, it's like a cross between lecross,buttkick, and the X-sports. I really want to start a team, but only three of my friends are remotly intrested. I guess like Razola here, they thought the idea was stupid. I'll have to have try outs. What to know the rules, or somthing, or have you wiki'ed it yet? ^_^...*smile falls* The site rocks. I'm so depressed!!! I need Blademaster *cries into my knees*

No, it's...well, sorta like the magic version. A playground, eye punchy game it is! Though I find the stinch grabbed very violent! How'd you play it at school Magmar?

Magmar
27th April 2007, 06:40 AM
We put the kids in the gymnasium and had them put on "team colors"... gave them the dodgeballs and a smaller "chaser" ball, had them throw the chaser through the hula hoops. the snitch was a yellow, small, very bouncy ball that the teachers bounced back and forth to each other and the kids had to chase down before a teacher caught it. it worked very well

Houndoom_Lover
28th April 2007, 01:20 PM
Sweet! That does sound like it'll work. I need to know what the 'pros' use for the snitch, though. We've been practising knocking over my friends brother for a flag! I practised yesterday with my small team after Lecross. Quidditch in the rain was dang awesome! ^-^ I play Beater, did you use rackets for it?