PDA

View Full Version : Must or can you really delete...

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th April 2007, 06:01 AM
And I don't know if this is off topic, must or can you really delete your former e-mail addrerss if you take a new one?

OK, I'll make a new topic where it suits better. This may be a dumb, odd question, but one pal of mine asked if one should or could somehow 'delete' his or her former address from the server in question when starting a new one. I don't know if I use the right terms, I should perhaps post this in a Finnish board but I prefer TPM in general...

Lady Vulpix
24th April 2007, 01:05 PM
What kind of server are you talking about? Most e-mail providers let you create more than one account, thus getting more than one e-mail address, but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th April 2007, 05:33 AM
I am talking about 'servers' (correct term?) like Lycos or suomi24... The last one does not say much to you, does it? I mean, if you make a new adress on a new server, my pal asked if the other one could be deleted. I don't know if this topic has a point, as I don't really need the information, I am just curious.

Dark-San
28th April 2007, 07:36 AM
Okay let me paint a picture and you tell me whether am I close to it.

1) You have an existing account with a free e mail provider (lets just say 'yahoo.sg')
2) But you create another new account under 'yahoo.my'
3) Hence now you are asking whether should you delete the older e mail in the 'yahoo.sg' server, right?

If that is the picture, then my answer for you would be no. If a free e mail account is left untouched for a period of time, in our case Yahoo will disable the account.

Lady Vulpix
29th April 2007, 08:45 PM
The name Suomi24 tells me that it's a Finnish server. You don't have to delete old e-mail accounts in order to get new ones. As Dark-San says, most webmail providers block inactive accounts after a month or two of not using them.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
3rd May 2007, 05:52 AM
OK, I think I got it! I was talking about changing the server but I know that at least some of them delete the long-unused addresses.