PDA

View Full Version : Diamond and Pearl get over half a million pre-orders

Jeff
19th April 2007, 08:43 AM
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13347

April 18, 2007--Pre-orders for the upcoming Pokémon® Diamond and Pokémon® Pearl video games for the portable Nintendo DS™ have topped one half million in the United States, and Nintendo is advising fans to brace themselves for the next wave of Poké-mania. Based on the huge pre-sales for Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Nintendo expects them to be among the top-selling games for all of 2007.

With four days to go until they arrive, more than 533,000 pre-orders have been taken for Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. Already these games have more than doubled the pre-sale numbers of Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen, which launched in 2004. Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen went on to sell more than 3.4 million combined in North America.

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl have consistently ranked among the top-selling video game products on Amazon.com, and there are still four days until launch.

*Is now kicking himself for not pre-ordering.

Perfect Chaos
19th April 2007, 08:46 AM
One thing to say about that: Holy. Crap.

PNT510
19th April 2007, 01:32 PM
That's not suprising. Pre-orders are alot more popular now than they were 3 years ago and the DS is white hot right now.

Number1ChanseyFan
19th April 2007, 05:13 PM
That's a little surprising, because there was no line or commotion or anything when I preordered them the first day that I could. Maybe Pokemon is going to become popular around here again or something, that would be nice.

Silent Dragonfly
19th April 2007, 07:52 PM
My copy of Diamond's a US import, due to arrive in my hands on Tuesday. I assume it's a pre-order. In any case I want that Dialga stylus >_>

Razola
19th April 2007, 08:14 PM
That's not suprising. Pre-orders are alot more popular now than they were 3 years ago and the DS is white hot right now.Popular? More like forced. Now, with AAA titles like Pokemon, stores will get 5,000 copies and not worry because they are basically money in the bank. Anything less popular than that requires pre-order because they ONLY order enough to match pre-orders. This is not just obscure titles, but pretty popular things like Dawn of War.

Crazy Elf Boy
20th April 2007, 04:18 AM
All I can say is I really think this is going to be another world record, Just like "Ocarina of time" for the most preorded game ever.

Pokemaster Ash
21st April 2007, 07:30 AM
Wow, I hope this doesn't mean I'll have any problems getting ahold of D/P (I've never pre-ordered anything before, and that's not changing now). I've got a few stores around me that sell video games so there's usually somewhere that I might find something at...

Razola
21st April 2007, 08:16 AM
You won't. Stores tend to order AAA titles like this in bulk because they realize they will have no problem getting rid of them.

People thought the same thing with the World of Warcraft expansion, and I managed to walk in my local Wal-Mart at noon and grab a Collector's Edition with no problem.

PNT510
21st April 2007, 12:44 PM
You won't. Stores tend to order AAA titles like this in bulk because they realize they will have no problem getting rid of them.

People thought the same thing with the World of Warcraft expansion, and I managed to walk in my local Wal-Mart at noon and grab a Collector's Edition with no problem.

I also think it depends on the area. I've got only a Target and a Gamestop nearby and they're both in the same plaza. Anytime a remotely big game comes out they're normally sold out in less than a week.

Razola
21st April 2007, 01:46 PM
I have just a Gamestop and Wal-Mart. I can tell you right now neither will sell out.

Actually, I have a Target too, but I also live near a campus so there's a huge number of people hankering for games.

Link
21st April 2007, 06:55 PM
I'm SO glad I pre-ordered Pearl now. I hope to see the same busy forums that were so popular years ago, and I also hope to see some of the old members back.

classy_cat18
21st April 2007, 07:18 PM
I'm SO glad I pre-ordered Pearl now. I hope to see the same busy forums that were so popular years ago, and I also hope to see some of the old members back.

Yeah right. Like that's going to happen. Most of the old members have probably forgotten about these forums. They've moved on to different things. Plus we were down so long that one time that, well, most got impatient.

I'm getting Diamond tomorrow and I'm so glad that I have something new to play. But I'll probably just use the Wi-Fi features for trading until I'm sure that I'll be able to battle with others without embarrassing myself.

Link
21st April 2007, 07:46 PM
You never know, though. The old members might get some new life put into them if they pre-ordered either of these games. Besides, I am a really old member and have been steadily getting back into pokemon after a 3 year absence of not doing anything pokemon-related. That means no games, no buying accessories of pokemon, no cards of new pokemon like I used to collect, not even battling in my G,S,C or FR,LG,R,S,E. So it might be popular again. All I am saying is that people might come back and it would be good to see them. I don't think many people will be returning, though.

rinku
22nd April 2007, 09:57 PM
I dropped out of sight because I forgot my password and had trouble getting it reset :)

Plus I get less browse time at work these days.

Looking forward to the new era! Just hate it that we have to wait until the 1st of June for the Australian release - but the pre-order IS in.