PDA

View Full Version : Some stuff from Oak Special 2 **SPOILERS**

Serebii of SPP
8th April 2003, 06:20 AM
Doing my usual checking, I have discovered new Pkmn that Butch, Cassidy and Richie Have. B&C I am 100% sure On, Richie However I am Not

Butch now has a Mightyena
Cassidy now has a Sableye
Richie may now have a Taillow
And his Zippo is mentioned but I am as of yet Unsure Of it being a Charmeleon still or a Charizard

Also some more news from that episode: Richie is heading to Hoenn so i would not be suprised if we see him in an AG ep

Oh, and the Pokérus is mentioned in this ep too

Coronis
8th April 2003, 06:37 AM
from what I can translate from the Palette msg board, what you said is absolutely true Serebii. Richie's Taillow is called Rozu (rose?) and prof. nanba from the Lugia saga was also featured. He basically kidnapped Oak to ask about the Pokerus.
Zippo part though.... i'm not sure either

Hanada Tattsu
8th April 2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info Serebii and Coronis!

Wow, it seems that Butch and Cassidy are getting better Pokemon every time. Cassidy gets Sableye, and Butch gets a Mightyena just what I intended and expected him to get.

I can't say much about Richie and his Taillow. I would have prefered him getting something else but oh well. I just hope Zippo finally would evolve into a Charizard so it can battle Ash's Charizard some day.

Pokerus? I remember that from my Crystal version. My cousin said that he was healing my Pokemon when Prof. Elm called and said I had Pokerus or something or another.

Well, I guess they're just introducing it in the show.

As for reccuring characters, it's always good to see some serious Rockets like Butch and Cassidy on the job, and they always make an episode or special in this case climactic. As for Professor Oak, he's cool as well. Tracey and Richie are appearing so that's cool too, and as for Professor Nanba, he was one of my favorite characters.

Well, thanks again!

Chris 2.1
8th April 2003, 12:39 PM
wow! I gave a fanfic TR character a Mightyena, and one a Sableye. weird...lol

Taillow? darn, that Ash-clone! lol. and i guess Pokerus is a cool idea for the anime, but Nanba? hmm, he's cool, but Sebastian from the Gyrados one is evil-er.

Light_Togetic
8th April 2003, 01:53 PM
Why do they give Richie pokemon that Ash has? There's like 300 of 'em now, and they have to give Richie a Taillow too?? Anyway, Mightyena is a cool pokemon... but Sableye kinda freaks me out...

But any episode with Prof. Oak in it is worth watching!:D I think he's cool; they should show him more often. Weren't Butch and Cassidy the bad guys in the first special with Oak? They must have some kind of grudge against him or something. ;)

Pidgeot018
8th April 2003, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Butch and Cassidy's Drowzee again. It was cool. I read somewhere that someone thought it'd be fitting for Cassidy to have a Zangoose, since it's the natural enemy of Seviper, but Sableye's good, too.

And Richie's Charizard v. Ash's Charizard would be an interesting (re)match.

Hanada Tattsu
8th April 2003, 06:11 PM
I know, it would be cool to see Cassidy with a Zangoose, but I wouldn't mind seeing James with a Zangoose either.

Oh, and another thing, do we see any of Ash's stored Pokemon in the special, Serebii?

I wanna see Bulbasaur again, I really miss it!

E-Leigh-T
8th April 2003, 06:11 PM
I now so hope the series comes out down here. Its like what pokemon should be. Episodes with people we already know. I'm sick of being introduced to trainers that train one kind of pokemon and then we never see them again. Stay with a few a build on all of the trainers and let them grow, kind of like dbz. Plus staying true to the games story is how I want it as well and PokeRus is just that. So this is like going to be one of the best episodes.

Hanada Tattsu
8th April 2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by E-Leigh-T
I now so hope the series comes out down here. Its like what pokemon should be. Episodes with people we already know. I'm sick of being introduced to trainers that train one kind of pokemon and then we never see them again. Stay with a few a build on all of the trainers and let them grow, kind of like dbz. Plus staying true to the games story is how I want it as well and PokeRus is just that. So this is like going to be one of the best episodes.

Well, technically, this isn't part of the actual series Pokemon.

It's part of the Hoso specials, which hardly ever have any new characters, just reccuring ones. Hoso and Pokemon AG are two different things, but AG is pretty good to.

E-Leigh-T
9th April 2003, 01:08 AM
Well, technically, this isn't part of the actual series Pokemon.

Yeah I know. I was saying that AG needs to be like this. It's still pokemon and its still from the same story as AG but just looks at diffrent things than the series.

Hanada Tattsu
9th April 2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by E-Leigh-T
Yeah I know. I was saying that AG needs to be like this. It's still pokemon and its still from the same story as AG but just looks at diffrent things than the series.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you!

Anyway, I agree AG should have reccuring characters too.

But I think now that Hoso was created, they want to change that. Leave the usual reccuring to Hoso, and then sometimes bring back old characters in AG.

Jaffa
12th April 2003, 03:12 PM
Well, thinking about it... *This is a bit off-topic* if Cassidy had a Zangoose, It would add up to the rivalry effect... But, If James had one, It would be funnier, cos, if they were both used in battle, they would just fight between themselves... There could even be an episode (Hoso or AG) about a big war between a nest of serviper and a colony of zangoose, being lead and/or resolved by TR...

But... It could just be myweird mind playing up again...