PDA

View Full Version : I want to be a Pokemon when I grow up!

mr_pikachu
23rd April 2007, 07:53 AM
Let's take a break from all the stressful discussions of murder, politics, and lethal weapons to talk about something much more fun: childhood dreams!

So, do you have any funny stories about people you know or used to know who wanted to grow up and have a strange profession? Or maybe you were the odd one? Anything off-the-wall or just plain hilarious?

I guess I'll start... Well, I didn't really have any weird goals when I was little, but a friend of mine... didn't really understand the concept. His parents would occasionally ask him, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

His response? "I wanna be a squirrel!"

Yeah.

Thankfully, I heard his dreams got better a few years later. He decided he'd rather be a cowboy.

Now, what's your story? Tell us!

P.S. The title is a line from one of the generic trainers in Pokemon DP. Hooray for obscure references!

Hyperness is a Good Thing
23rd April 2007, 08:07 AM
I had a friend whose sole dream when he was younger was to become a garbage collector. It was all he ever wanted.

Right now, he's studying towards becoming a doctor so I guess the dreams of his youth are entirely forgotten.

Dark-San
23rd April 2007, 08:33 AM
That considered normal, at least he wants to be a profession that have to be taken up by a human.

My five year old cousin does not know a bit of the world at all. But he always crepts down on you and surprise you by tugging your shirt or pants. He does it all time so much so that it irritates everyone is the household.

Though he claims that he is a crocodile, he looks more like a kawaii puppy to me.

Razola
23rd April 2007, 11:22 AM
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a politician that murdered with lethal weapons.

classy_cat18
23rd April 2007, 11:41 AM
Huh. My aunt always said that when I was little, I was cursed by a squirrel. Or a cat.

I wanted to be a mad scientist with my own lab. But back then I wasn't aware that people made video games a part of their career.

Mega Horny
23rd April 2007, 01:50 PM
When I was little I always wanted to be a supervillain.

DarkTemplarZero
23rd April 2007, 09:38 PM
After I gave up on being an astronaut at the tender age of maybe 6 or 7, I wanted to become a marine biologist. That was before I dissected my first worm >.<.

Crazy Elf Boy
24th April 2007, 12:08 AM
When I was little I wanted to be a UFO chaser with my own hidden lab under my bed :)

Weasel Overlord
24th April 2007, 07:22 AM
I wanted to be a vet for aaaages and aaages, but before that, I wanted to be a mechanic. Not entirely sure why.

And then while I was at school, I entertained ideas of being an astronomer, which soon went down the pan cos I wasn't what you could call brilliant at physics, lol.

And then that was replaced by my continuing determination to be a writer.

Perfect Chaos
24th April 2007, 08:38 AM
I wanted to be one of those bell boys in Indian hotels or the guy who puts gas in your car in India when I was younger

I'm doing Pre-Pharmacy now (not enjoying the experience too much though). Go figure :o

AntiAsh Superstar
24th April 2007, 08:24 PM
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a politician that murdered with lethal weapons.

What you mean a politician who actually gets into power? :O

Myself, I had some pretty basic aspirations... I wanted to be a farmer. Then realised it wasn't all fun and jollity and being nice to your animals so decided to be a vet. Then thought about all the blood and guts (and when it came down to actually make life-affecting choices the fact that I'd have to give up any flexibility I may have had in my A-levels didn't help any) and now I'm poncing around pretending I'm involved in an issue I actually care about (i.e. bullying in schools even tho I'm a lowly admin for the department assigned to deal with the problem) when really all that concerns me is getting paid on time. Gogogo reality!

Drago
27th May 2007, 02:59 AM
I've wanted to be an actor since I was a wee young'un, though there was a period of time where I thought if I tried hard enough I'd turn into a Vulpix. Got close sometimes, but never quite there. In my early teens I also aspired to be a professional wrestler. I was like the coolest kid ever; Vulpix or professional wrestler, my career options were wide open! :037:

firepokemon
27th May 2007, 05:50 PM
When in a glory glory day on december in the time of summer where the flowers bloomed the weather was warm and one bloody glorious muddy river was ready for swimming. I along with other glorious beings smoking on our cigarettes which are just gloriously bad for you were talking about what we would do when we got older. Now there was a gloriously fat male being that was gloriously bad and stole money and cigarettes and he wanted to be a truck driver. Not too ambitious but this glorious man being that was gloriously fat never became a truck driver. He didn't have a license for long enough due to him committing glorious crimes such as drink driving and burgulary. This man being is gloriously in prison. How glorious that is.

Another gloriously handsome fellow that I had my way with back in the glorious days of childlike innocent was gloriously realistic and said he would gloriously work in the bush. He got his wish.

And I the rather glorious and marvellous self who is just gloriously lazy wanted to be a business man and be a millionaire. How glorious stupendous of this person in the glory day of remembrance in the cold month of Autumn June.

I can't believe bitch face Penny ate that fucking mud. Stupid bitch hahhah.

Oh and as for pokemon I always thought it would be rather good to be a butterfree and then a beautifly unfortunately when I think about it, they have fucking short lives and I would much rather be better off with glorious longetivity such as a creature like Lugia or one of those ugly looking fossilized creatures.

Magmar
28th May 2007, 11:40 AM
I used to want to be a planet.

AdventureSerum
28th May 2007, 12:20 PM
I wanted to be a Sailor Scout. Please don't laugh at me.

SupremeChampion
29th May 2007, 10:23 AM
i used to tell people all the time that i wanted to be an engineer. this was around the time when i was like 4 or 5 mind you. people would think that i was really smart or something, until my mom explained to them that i meant the guys who drive trains, not the ones who are really smart lol.

~The Italian Stallion

Asilynne
29th May 2007, 10:37 PM
Everytime I read a book, or had any sort of like or hobby, I wanted to be something relating to it. In my life Ive wanted to be a cop, proff wrestler (there are women ones!), the first female president, a writer, director, preformer on broadway, wildlife photographer and writer for national geographic, have my own show like the crocodile hunter (God rest his soul :<), Proff soccer player, magician, zoo employee, vet, doctor, cardiologist, fighter pilot, animator, marine biologist, astronaut, restaurant owner, animal behavior scientist, crypto-zoologist, astronomer, and when I was about 5 years old I wanted to work at a pizza place (working at Papa Johns years later cured me of that). Of all those dreams the one that stayed with me the longest was to become a vet. And there were probably more things I wanted to be but I cant remember. I was an ambitious child XD if I could have been them all I would, but alas we only have one lifetime *cry*

Edit: I remember two more, I wanted to be a preacher or a reverend, and there was a time that I wanted to be a nun when I grew up XD Cause at age 9 I figured I wouldnt get married xD I dont think that anymore XDDD