PDA

View Full Version : Honey Trees

Dark Sage
24th April 2007, 06:56 PM
Hi, everyone. I made a valueable discovery regarding one of the new features of D/P: The Honey Trees. You know... The yellow trees, where you put Honey on them, and twelve hours later, there's a pokemon there, which might be a Wurple, Silcoon, or Cascoon, or might be a pokemon you can't catch any other way.

Anyway, here's what I found out:

If the pokemon that comes is a species you don't want, turning off the game and restarting it will not help. It will be the same species each time.

Okay, now for the good news:

IF you turn off the game and restart it, its gender might change.

This is especially important when hunting for Combee. Combee are rare as it is, the male/female ratio is the same as the starter pokemon (ie, far more males), and only the females evolve into the mighty Vespiquen. (And might I add, Vespiquen is one of the few pokemon that can learn the False Swipe TM.)

So... stock up on Honey, and start using it! And remember this little trick.

Link
24th April 2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for this information.

Pokemaster Ash
29th April 2007, 02:42 PM
Okay, we know this much. But does how much honey you put on trees affect what Pokémon might appear? I've found myself facing some fun stuff when I tried changing how much honey I used.

1 coating (tried a few times): Aipom, Wurmple, Silcoon
2 coatings (tried twice so far): Combee
3 coatings (tried once so far): Heracross

I've backed off on the dosage so I can try for Cherubi and Burmy in case I'm right ('cause I want to get working with the trees out of the way as soon as possible), but could it really be true, or has my luck just been random?

The Blue Avenger
29th April 2007, 03:00 PM
I used three honeys, and I got a Cherubi. Dunno if that helps.

classy_cat18
29th April 2007, 03:10 PM
I've used one coating on the trees each time, and I've managed to catch a Burmy, male Combee and Cherubi. Make sure that you have Net Balls; I always have them on me just in case.

Ghost
29th April 2007, 04:30 PM
I got a combee putting 1 coating on..

but Pokemaster Ash...

I WANT THAT HERACROSS ><

Silent Dragonfly
29th April 2007, 04:41 PM
You can multi-coat trees? And Combee is rare? News to me but I already got a Combee.

Thanks for the info though.

Mega Horny
29th April 2007, 05:41 PM
I believe the location also matters. I'm not sure about others, but I know Munchlax only appears in trees near the Power Plant. And I do remember some ingame nut telling me the more beautiful the tree, the rarer the Pokemon.

*shrug*

Dark Sage
29th April 2007, 05:45 PM
What exactly is meant by "Power Plant"? Does that mean Valley Windworks? Or someplace else? I'm not sure.

As for the beauty of the trees, they all look the same to me.

And Combee aren't all that uncommon. Getting a female Combee, and only females evolve into the poweful Vespiquen, is much harder. But see the trick above that I mentioned.

Shadow Djinn
29th April 2007, 06:37 PM
Yes, some honey tree pokemon depend on location. Heracross is only found on the tree near Canalave City, as Munchlax is by the power plant, etc..

Pokemaster Ash
29th April 2007, 08:45 PM
Actually all the ones I've gotten have been from the tree in the Floaroma Meadow (Combee, Aipom, AND Heracross).

The only one who has an area restriction is Munchlax. The rest can be found at any tree...if you're lucky.

Shadow Djinn
29th April 2007, 08:47 PM
Actually all the ones I've gotten have been from the tree in the Floaroma Meadow (Combee, Aipom, AND Heracross).

The only one who has an area restriction is Munchlax. The rest can be found at any tree...if you're lucky.

Ah...that's odd. I guess there's just certain areas where they're more common than others.

Sceptile_Master
1st May 2007, 06:41 PM
The power plant mentioned is apparently the valley windworks. Gonna start trying now to see if I can get any munchlax's.

Pokemaster Ash
11th May 2007, 07:25 PM
Okay, reviving a bit of a dead topic, but it is a little relevant.

Apparently Munchlax isn't quite as area-restricted as originally thought. It looks like it appears in trees near mountainous terrain (like near Oreburgh, or the Windworks). However.....just how rare is it!? It's the last Honey Tree Poké I need to get in Diamond, and one of the last ones I need to get in Pearl (and I hope I get it before I run out of money in that game, not very far along...).

I know I don't need to catch them to get the credit for them now, but it just makes my life easier getting them out of the way now. (My next headache after this will probably be Feebas.)

Dark Sage
11th May 2007, 07:29 PM
It's easy to get more money. Use the Vs. Seeker to battle trainers again and again. Use the Amulet Coin each time. (And some trainers have more money that others. The trainers that you meet at the restaurant every day tend to be rich.)

Pokemaster Ash
11th May 2007, 07:41 PM
In Pearl, I'm not far enough to have the Vs. Seeker. But yeah, I know I can abuse that if I need money when I get it.

Again, hopefully Munchlax will be nice and appear quickly for me.

Shuppet Master
11th May 2007, 09:18 PM
I ran into a female Heracross in the tree near Oreburgh, and managed to catch it. I got tired of trying to find Munchlax and just got one of GTS, trading up a Latios for it.

Jeff
11th May 2007, 09:54 PM
Well, you don't even need the VS seeker to rebattle the restaurant customers. That plus the Amulet coin should get you plenty of money.

Silent Dragonfly
13th May 2007, 07:47 AM
Got tired of looking, migrated my Snorlax and hatched a Munchlax using the Full Incense.

Dark-San
13th May 2007, 08:22 AM
I think the chat might be getting a little way off the topic on Honey Trees. I might suggest that if they are other things to be discuss, you guys might want to open up a new topic. It helps in promoting activity within the forum though.

I do have a question. This is what I had known so far by looking through this topic,

1) By smearing the trees with honey multiple times would bring you different pokemons.
2) Once a honey is applied to a tree, we have to wait for 12 hours for a pokemon to get attracted to it.
3) Pokemons can be found any trees with the exception of Munchlax which can only can found in mountainous area.

Okay here comes my problem, I would need to know what is the level of the pokemons that are usually attract to the honey? It might not be a problem for most of you dudes out there but to me it is. Taking into account that I have a bad habit of over-leveling my pokemons, hence I would like to know their general level so as to limit my leveling.

Shuppet Master
13th May 2007, 01:09 PM
Around Level 11 to 15, I think.

Pokemaster Ash
13th May 2007, 03:03 PM
Actually the time delay between when you coat a tree and when a Pokémon appears is in the 6-8 hour range. Also the level at which the Pokémon appear is pretty random. Offhand, I'd say it's about L5-15

From what I've been able to determine, the amount of honey you use doesn't necessarily increase your chances of getting something rare. Unfortunately this makes it hard to get the likes of Heracross and Munchlax. By my guess, this is the probability of running into something:

Wurmple, Silcoon/Cascoon: Common (argh!)
Combee, Burmy, Cherubi: Uncommon
Aipom, Heracross: Rare
Munchlax: Really Rare.....

Dark-San
13th May 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah thanks guys for the information. For that matter, I had caught an Aipom and a Burmy yesterday night and I don't have to take 12 hours for them to appear.

Hey I saw some information on waiting for at least 5 to 6 hours for Munchlax to appear at the Valley Windworks? Is that true?

Dark Sage
13th May 2007, 08:51 PM
I've been playing the game at a slow pace. Ever since I got the Fly TM, I've been putting it on those three trees in the vicinity of the place where I can buy it every chance I get. After a pokemon appears, I do it again.

So far, I've caught everything the trees can attract except Heracross and Munchlax. But I'm still trying. At least I got a female Combee (which is now a Vespiquen).

If you want to catch Munchlax, I guess you just have to keep trying and hope you luck out.